Daily Wins Mega Thread

Did you win today?

• Total voters

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
I wrote my daily 5k, and like the banter between the MC and the ML. A supporting dragon, plus, a girl who looks past the weight of the MC. I think I will work on the first draft for 20 days. This one is not going to be a novella. Also, 12 people have downloaded Treasure Hunter, while I was asleep. I am so happy about that!

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Cut down an oak tree today.

It was ~3in (~7.5cm) thick. It fell where I wanted it to. I used a hand saw, my palm has some blisters.

I feel like a man.

doravg

I wrote my daily 5k words. Also, today I will be beginning to assemble my manuscript (Yes, I have just the first ten chapters, but I found out it is easier to format little by little.) Treasure Hunter has 20 downloads in total, which makes me super happy. And now for the best part: I managed not to eat any chocolate yesterday! (I did eat like four oranges, and my head hurt all day, but that is beside the point.) Now, I am going on my fitness bike for my daily 20 minutes.
Happy writing, everyone!

D

Deleted member 54065

Wrote a quarter of my story in six days, so that's about 15k words. Resting for now, but I'll try again tomorrow so I'm finished with my 15th Volume by January 31.

doravg

I wrote my daily 5k words! And today I almost couldn't because we are going to visit my godparents later today, and I had to make a bread, and a roasted chicken. (I made the cake yesterday. Two of them. Don't use whipped cream, instead of milk, for the frosting mixes. That shit refuses to spread. But the cake was tasty, even if it looked like melting snow mixed in with sand.)

I think I have another hour, to put my words through the first line of editing.

Also, Treasure Hunter now has 34 readers! 34 people gave my book a chance! (Jumps around, claps hands, the entire works.)

Besides, today is the third day, without chocolate. If I make it through the week, I might quit it for good. Wish me luck!

What sort of addiction do you guys have?

doravg

I wrote my daily 5k words, put them through the first line of editing, and then added them to my manuscript. Also, Treasure Hunter got approved for Smashwords' premium catalog, which is a big win for me, seeing as I made the cover and the formatting myself! I even have a subscriber that will be notified for my next book, which is again a mega win! Now, the only thing I have left to do this morning, is to do my 20 minutes on my fitness bike.

Happy writing, everyone!

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Just barely won by 75 words. Anything over 0 is a win for me.

D

Deleted member 54065

2/3 done on my novel's 15th volume. Imma sleep for now, but will continue later. Gonna try to reach 45k tonight.

melchi

What is a custom title?
How did you write 15k in one day? Give some tips, Hans!
I think he means volume 15, not 15k words. He'd have to change his name to pirateaba if he did that.

doravg

I think he means volume 15, not 15k words. He'd have to change his name to pirateaba if he did that.
Saturday he said he wrote up to 15k words, and that was his 1/3rd from volume 15. Today, he writes that he reached 2/3. So, I think that means he wrote 15k words. I might be wrong, though.

D

Deleted member 54065

Saturday he said he wrote up to 15k words, and that was his 1/3rd from volume 15. Today, he writes that he reached 2/3. So, I think that means he wrote 15k words. I might be wrong, though.
Oh uh...

Well, my volumes usually have 60k words. Today, I just finished up to 35k. (Hence 2/3)

Oh and that 15k is Saturday, huh? So Sunday, it's an additional 10k. This is a new record, I guess? (Last time, it's 12k in one day)

The 15k is accumulated in 6 days starting January 1, just to be clear.

Uh, yes. I write the whole day when I'm in my 'writing mode'. I also planned my volume from start to finish before actually writing the first chapter. Thing is, I write in bursts, meaning, there are entire months (or a couple, like before I write the 15th volume now) when I write absolutely nothing at all (and taking a break 😉).

Edit: Nope. It's not a new record. I just wrote 10k this morning. (And now I'm taking a break)

1673248434656.png

My bad...it's actually 36k, not 35k.

Also, @melchi , who is pirateaba?

Last edited by a moderator:

melchi

What is a custom title?
He's the author of The Wandering Inn on RR.
Is wandering inn on royal road? I thought it was just completely hosted on its own website with a few of the volumes being on amazon as well. But yeah, really really long chapters. Many of the chapters are 20k or 30k words lately. I think there are several million words so far in that story. Though at this point it is more of a group of stories in the same universe.