What is with WebNovel new Terms?

UnknownSaint171

The Author page has changed. No one talking about it have no idea. and I can't find anything on the forums.
So it's very confusing. Has this already been implemented for new contractees?
What is FL/ML?
Are they forcing Authors to write every day, now? LAO gives you a day off?

2. The work appears to deceive readers including but not limited to large amount of meaningless fillers, repeating previous chapters
Repetition and Fillers are part of web novels online, you can't simply take them off them. Most CNs revolve around that. I mean, it's fine as one knows how to measure but most of the time it's indeed watered down or word-slaving. I don't know what to think about this one but at least more serious stories will come out I guess...?

I have no idea.
Wish there was more transparency

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Glad I jumped ship. Maybe I should send in a DMCA against my own books there? To remove them? :blob_hmm_two: But I would feel bad for the few who were supporting me there when I started.

Narcissistic_loser

Aiming to be a better person.
Glad I jumped ship. Maybe I should send in a DMCA against my own books there? To remove them? :blob_hmm_two: But I would feel bad for the few who were supporting me there when I started.
You can always change ur novel cover to a naked man on there😭😂 if u ever plan to remove ur novel there easily, but It would be unfair for those readers that u have there anyway, I also posted there just for fun and if ever like a 1% change do paid writing ill just use the naked man card.

D

Deleted member 54065

You can always change ur novel cover to a naked man on there😭😂 if u ever plan to remove ur novel there easily, but It would be unfair for those readers that u have there anyway, I also posted there just for fun and if ever like a 1% change do paid writing ill just use the naked man card.
I remembered uploading this cover of mine for my own novel...

15_Volume_15_Cover_100_px.jpg

Then Webnovel told me, "You can't upload that! NSFW!"

StrangeEvette

I honestly don't understand why people still submit to WebNovel it's literally a scam to steal authors works
There are 2 contracts.

One that would take the rights of your novel but you earn more money for the webnovel and exposure to the webnovel itself.

The other one, would let you have the rights for your novel. You have the freedom to do with it, publish it into mulitple platforms, but the novel from webnovel platform won't show up to your profile page, it is still under your name thou but it's not clickable.

It really depends on you honestly.

If you prefer the contract to webnovel 'losing the rights for more money and exposure from the platform and all' or 'do mulitple plaforms you have the freedom of schedule and you have the rights for it'.

CautiousTitan

Tentacle, Merchant, and Telekinesis Expert
Back when I was a mod for the SH Discord, I came across one of the contracts they offer to people. As someone who took Business Law as a course, there is no amount of sweet talking that WN can do that would make me ever post on there.

My advice is to not touch the site with a 10 foot pole. I’m pretty sure a good amount of the site is bots too

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Back when I was a mod for the SH Discord, I came across one of the contracts they offer to people. As someone who took Business Law as a course, there is no amount of sweet talking that WN can do that would make me ever post on there.

My advice is to not touch the site with a 10 foot pole. I’m pretty sure a good amount of the site is bots too
I just post there for no reason other than sharing my work for people to read. Should I honestly stop posting things there? I mean have like 300 readers for my 2 works. 1 fanfic and the other is an original

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Just stay away from Webnovel. The site is a shit show of writers that very rarely get contracts that regulate when and where a story can get released.

IshiharaNiaoka

Lowkey when I joined webnovel I kinda regret it now. I used to post an evil Saintess story here but I thought I'd make more income on webnovel despite hearing the bad stuff. Yes my audience has grown a bit but I had to do most of the promotion. And also webnovel taking half of the payment sucks a bunch. Because if I get 50$ they take 50% and then you get 25$. Sucks a bunch Patreon is way better. However I feel like the audience who really appreciated my story were mostly webnovel readers so that's one of the reasons why I moved there. When I posted here and on royal road I didn't get a lot of good ratings but when I was on webnovel I have a lot of good ratings.

But my advice don't sign a contract with them unless you can take their scam like that, but if not better to just be there unless a ton of people sue the company to the point of change or another company outshines webnovel.

Let's not forget the horrible thing of writing everyday they don't give author's time to rest of the author wants extra money and it's really sad. Because some authors end up making the stories repetitive and it's annoying so me I just stopped updating everyday and just update once or twice a week so I can get a descent amount of time to structure my plot properly but the side back is that i make less income which sucks.

Basically if you have good writing and stoey publish on royal road you'll get the best income from there. Webnovel not so good. I wished I could switch but I know royal road peeps don't like evil fls

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405-191940.jpg
    Screenshot_20230405-191940.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

NitroxDarks

They also have boosted views that they take a 'what's wrong with it?' stance.

D

Deleted member 54065

View attachment 17695
My condolescenes. Though, you're better off not publishing on WN.
(Might be because of the gun in your cover though. China hates guns, as far as I know.)
Already did, and I'm continuing to update there for the sake of my readers. My work is free, anyway.

(I hate the thought of monetizing it, to avoid readers demanding stuff from me.)

As for the cover image, it's the open blouse. Why? When I tried to upload a cropped version where the open blouse is still included (and weapons excluded), WN still did not approve.

I only managed to do it after cropping the image enough to be just a close up of the face. (I don't know why, but it did happen.)

Last edited by a moderator: