What is with WebNovel new Terms?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I just gave up on Webnovel after 2020.

UnknownSaint171

Does nobody realize that Webnovel is a chinese app? This is normal for them, just another sweatshop
True, you can't expect complete integrity from Chinese companies, good way to gain exposure but I wouldn't trust it with serious works
Lowkey when I joined webnovel I kinda regret it now. I used to post an evil Saintess story here but I thought I'd make more income on webnovel despite hearing the bad stuff. Yes my audience has grown a bit but I had to do most of the promotion. And also webnovel taking half of the payment sucks a bunch. Because if I get 50$ they take 50% and then you get 25$. Sucks a bunch Patreon is way better. However I feel like the audience who really appreciated my story were mostly webnovel readers so that's one of the reasons why I moved there. When I posted here and on royal road I didn't get a lot of good ratings but when I was on webnovel I have a lot of good ratings.

But my advice don't sign a contract with them unless you can take their scam like that, but if not better to just be there unless a ton of people sue the company to the point of change or another company outshines webnovel.

Let's not forget the horrible thing of writing everyday they don't give author's time to rest of the author wants extra money and it's really sad. Because some authors end up making the stories repetitive and it's annoying so me I just stopped updating everyday and just update once or twice a week so I can get a descent amount of time to structure my plot properly but the side back is that i make less income which sucks.

Basically if you have good writing and stoey publish on royal road you'll get the best income from there. Webnovel not so good. I wished I could switch but I know royal road peeps don't like evil fls
So you really are forced to write a certain amount monthly now to get paid?
It seems you've really given thought into this. You surprisingly got a good amount of views for a new starter novel! That's pretty good bro. But yeah wish a writing platform that actually keeps it professional would pop up, sigh.

miyoga

I'm not sure that WN is Chinese though. If it were, I should be able to access it without a vpn as I'm currently living in the country. With the amount of smut on here, I'm actually surprised that it ISN'T blocked by the censors.

IshiharaNiaoka

True, you can't expect complete integrity from Chinese companies, good way to gain exposure but I wouldn't trust it with serious works

So you really are forced to write a certain amount monthly now to get paid?
It seems you've really given thought into this. You surprisingly got a good amount of views for a new starter novel! That's pretty good bro. But yeah wish a writing platform that actually keeps it professional would pop up, sigh.
Yes if you don't complete that you'll just have to hope readers send some gifts or unlock with coins and even that small amount they take 50%

melchi

What is a custom title?
I'm not sure that WN is Chinese though. If it were, I should be able to access it without a vpn as I'm currently living in the country. With the amount of smut on here, I'm actually surprised that it ISN'T blocked by the censors.
It is in hong kong I believe. I think that they just haven't gotten to getting their claws in it completely yet.

Sergeandgreen

I started posting a fanfiction (Cancer of the Multiverse) four days ago on SH and got a massage by one of them and i am honestly unsure if i just want to add my fiction for people to read it. As someone mentioned it, it is one of the few ways to get chinese readers, and i dont see a reason why one wouldn´t want more people to have access to something one writes for fun. I mean i write a fanfiction so i never intended to make any money with it so that doesn't really bother me much, and if a few more people are able to enjoy it, i see this as a win, but i don't really want to support a site that is treating its authors so bad. So the question still stands and i am struggeling with it.

UnknownSaint171

Yes if you don't complete that you'll just have to hope readers send some gifts or unlock with coins and even that small amount they take 50%
Does the pay you didn't get combine together with next month?
I remember them doing that previously, that what you don't get paid, comes together with your new pay for the month.
Anyways, thanks for answering. I guess I'll try asking on discord. Do your Editors help with this type of thing?

IshiharaNiaoka

Does the pay you didn't get combine together with next month?
I remember them doing that previously, that what you don't get paid, comes together with your new pay for the month.
Anyways, thanks for answering. I guess I'll try asking on discord. Do your Editors help with this type of thing?
The editors kinda. And the pay yes your pay cme together with your way for the next month

FREAK_Reader01

Wow

Thanks

Am just a new author, signed an unexclusive with Webnovel, haven't gone premium yet.

Buh I want to try updating on scribble hub, but I don't have a single clue on how to use patreon.

Any advice senior?
Wow

Thanks

Am just a new author, signed an unexclusive with Webnovel, haven't gone premium yet.

Buh I want to try updating on scribble hub, but I don't have a single clue on how to use patreon.

Any advice senior?
Wow

Thanks

Any advice senior