Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

GM

Mm... yeah. I just thought long time devout means she had time to grow. So, suggestion?
Yep. That is fine. Let's turn her to novice mage, level 10?
I think it depends on your view of "novice", right? XD

With regards towards the amount of time that someone has spent on someone — my thoughts are that most NPCs will spend most of their lives and rarely exceed level 1-3 by Adventurer rating. The Rank E Advancement exam is a good reference point for what a Level 5 character needs to be able to accomplish.

I'm aware that the Rank D and Rank C advancement exams aren't posted but... for spoiler purposes, the current ideas I have for these are:
  • Rank D Exam: Time attack against unlimited hoard of enemy mob forces swarming against you and your small army (~30 people) at a choke point. Survive for 8-24 hours. Anybody who's alive at the end of it is Rank D.
  • Rank C Exam: Get dropped in a dungeon. Somehow find a way out out alive.
  • Rank B+ Exam: Find a mentor and ask them to give you an exam. There is no standardized exam.

What happens when the bridge quest is done btw
Oh uh... I should cross it out. I guess the bridge is done?

Unless people want a quest to actually build it with the materials there?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I'm aware that the Rank D and Rank C advancement exams aren't posted but... for spoiler purposes, the current ideas I have for these are:
  • Rank D Exam: Time attack against unlimited hoard of enemy mob forces swarming against you and your small army (~30 people) at a choke point. Survive for 8-24 hours. Anybody who's alive at the end of it is Rank D.
What the... Is the adventure guild secretly an SCP-styled human experiment laboratory?

Epsil

With regards towards the amount of time that someone has spent on someone — my thoughts are that most NPCs will spend most of their lives and rarely exceed level 1-3 by Adventurer rating. The Rank E Advancement exam is a good reference point for what a Level 5 character needs to be able to accomplish.

• Rank B+ Exam: Find a mentor and ask them to give you an exam. There is no standardized exam.

I thought it was done, there was a quest report about someone collecting 5 boulders recently.

Feathers95

What happens when the bridge quest is done btw
A bridge is built xD

I don't believe we explicitly stated where the bridge was on the river, but when yorth and I were discussing where to put it on the map, we chose to put it just above the south and southeastern forks, somewhere close east of scribel.

I don't mind ^^

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I think people voted that this world would remain medieval fantasy, whilst a portal to another world with sci fi stuff would be opened/discovered later?
Magical Virtual Avatar tech in tavern >.>

or just a simple communication mirror

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Ah well, she doesn't really understand what she is, needs or can do.
She's a complete newbie to being a vampire so she doesn't even really understand that she can only feed on blood. Her sire got separated before he explained anything important, survival-wise.
I imagine that at some point she'd hear about easy blood vials, though.
I'll have a look at the quest when I get the chance; currently typing up one.

Could you send a link to it?

X

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Lol, she seems endearingly cute.

X

LazyLonduf

Hey, I'm quite close to levelling up,!
I was wondering how people's level ups go, do they update their abilities or gain new ones?
I was thinking of slightly buffing Oam's divination abilities since it's the only one being used atm. Absolve Sin is like a passive, and I still haven't decided what would happen if I levelled that up.
>.>

Himekawa

Hmm... rank D is where the character is expected to lead? How about reversing D and C? D about personal combat/survival and C about leading ability?

Reactions: GM

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I was wondering how people's level ups go, do they update their abilities or gain new ones?
I was thinking of slightly buffing Oam's divination abilities since it's the only one being used atm. Absolve Sin is like a passive, and I still haven't decided what would happen if I levelled that up.
>.>
I just slightly buffed my character. I would only add new skill if I got power-up in the quest reports or any other interactions.

GM

Hmm... rank D is where the character is expected to lead? How about reversing D and C? D about personal combat/survival and C about leading ability?
It's not really a leadership exam. It's more so a war exam. If you survive a war and saw the horrors of it, basically you're Rank D.

Think of it as the IRL equivalent of a purple heart or gold star

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
It's not really a leadership exam. It's more so a war exam. If you survive a war and saw the horrors of it, basically you're Rank D.

Think of it as the IRL equivalent of a purple heart or gold star
How would you engineer a war situation?
'-'

X

Feathers95

>.>
I mainly increase my character's mastery level of skills that were used often enough during the quests of the previous level. I only add new skills if they actually learn them somehow in a quest report/roleplay scenario.

GM

How would you engineer a war situation?
'-'

X
The entire Gelderholm region is a war situation, thanks to the players who explored it initially. ^^ A few of the early quests are up, but it hits a climax in intensity around Level 8-11.

Although to be fair, for other regions, my definition for meeting Rank D is that your character needs to have intimately faced death and seen death. I'm currently thinking that most Rank D exams will address this theme somehow.

*sweats*

I just checked out the rank E exam... orz. Isn't that too hard?
:blobrofl: :blobrofl: :blobrofl:

The theme for Rank E is that your character can go anywhere and survive, even if there isn't a city or civilization.

Being a Ranked Adventurer is really something special. Most ordinary people don't achieve that kind of distinction.

Moshi

The theme for Rank E is that your character can go anywhere and survive, even if there isn't a city or civilization.

Being a Ranked Adventurer is really something special. Most ordinary people don't achieve that kind of distinction.

But without any equipment or tools.... isn't that a suicide mission?

GM

But without any equipment or tools.... isn't that a suicide mission?
:blob_happy: The Guild doesn't expect its adventurers to be ordinary people.

Their philosophy is that if you're too ordinary, maybe you're not cut out to be an Adventurer.

It's frankly not that much more difficult than the Hunter Exam (in Hunter x Hunter) or the Beacon academy exam (in RWBY) or even Naruto's chuuni exam.

In order to be an adventurer, your character must have somehow broken past the "ordinary person" label.