Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

GM

My current main - Nyx - is entirely focused on supplies and preparation (I mean, what else is an alchemist supposed to rely on?). Growth for him would mean crafting better equipment and potions. Maybe I'll have him take offensive magic at some point.
Ah, I see~ Could you have him craft a potion that buffs him and then drink it before going? Or perhaps prepare some "medicine" that he brings along?

Medicine doesn't count as a tool, right? :blobrofl:

In either case, I changed the wording of the exam to specifically refer to "weapons".

Himekawa

*sweats*

I just checked out the rank E exam... orz. Isn't that too hard?
Don't rely on tools. Rely more on personal skills. The hunting quest and those subjugation quest will develop your character. If you want to cheat, use magic. All in all, I personally will not attempt it for the foreseeable future.

I mean, what else is an alchemist supposed to rely on?
I would take a different approach, I would have Nyx go thru all the medicine, alchemist assist quest or anything vaguely to do with forest, flora and fauna, and have him get and inspiration under pressure do make shift alchemy.

Do cold brew! :s_wink:

Moshi

Don't rely on tools. Rely more on personal skills. The hunting quest and those subjugation quest will develop your character. If you want to cheat, use magic. All in all, I personally will not attempt it for the foreseeable future.
...my character cant use magic.

Himekawa

...my character cant use magic.
but that doesn't prevent him/her from learning one. A simple but interesting way to use earth magic is to make a small foothold on the walls, which would ease the climbing. Small scale manipulation, small effect. Perfect for a beginner. If for roleplay reason you can't use it, then look for what skill you think is necessary, plan those to build your character. There are several cavern. Use those to train your climbing skills. There are hunting quests. learn to make makeshift spear and traps, and if possible, ropes.

Or you could just overlevel it. No need to take it at level 5, since there are no actual rank limit so far.

:blob_party::blob_highfive::blobtaco::blobchristmas::blob_salute:

Got my first subclass!!!!

Fun fact, the name Gelderholm appears to be created with the parts Holm and gelder

Holm meaning a piece of flat ground by a river which is submerged in times of flood, but over all a place.

Gelder could have been chosen for the closeness with the English word Geld: To castrate a male animal or to be deprive of vitality or vigour. Then Gelderholm could be close to the Place of things deprived of vigour

Alternatively it can be associated with the German word Geldern or geld meaning funds or money, making Gelderholm, the place of riches.

Whichever it is, it up to the player to decide.

Epsil

Hey guys what would you think of slime being used as a fluid to cover your weapons. Why? To stop it from rusting!
That is until someone discovers a non-rusting weapon or finds a way to galvanize metals.

Last edited:

Obscura_Luna

D

Didn't see that entry :sweating_profusely: . Thanks
Speaking of equipment, your quest has this line.
Other: Adventurer's Bag (Contains a Stone Pickaxe, a Stone Axe, and a Stone Shovel)
Does it mean that I got that bag too or was that supposed to be loaned to me when I do the quest?

Epsil

Speaking of equipment, your quest has this line.
Other: Adventurer's Bag (Contains a Stone Pickaxe, a Stone Axe, and a Stone Shovel)
Does it mean that I got that bag too or was that supposed to be loaned to me when I do the quest?
It was supposed to be part of the quest reward but you said you wanted the hunting axe instead. You can still take it if u want. I originally had the idea to sell this in the market, but not many people care about the specifics like "needing an axe to chop wood".

Obscura_Luna

It was supposed to be part of the quest reward but you said you wanted the hunting axe instead. You can still take it if u want. I originally had the idea to sell this in the market, but not many people care about the specifics like "needing an axe to chop wood".
Understood. I'll take the adventurer's bag too then. I can use it to further move my character plot. Thank you for the answer and the extra reward.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
My current main - Nyx - is entirely focused on supplies and preparation (I mean, what else is an alchemist supposed to rely on?). Growth for him would mean crafting better equipment and potions. Maybe I'll have him take offensive magic at some point.
Alchemist? Check out the last quest I posted.

Ddraig

Fun fact, the name Gelderholm appears to be created with the parts Holm and gelder

Holm meaning a piece of flat ground by a river which is submerged in times of flood, but over all a place.

Gelder could have been chosen for the closeness with the English word Geld: To castrate a male animal or to be deprive of vitality or vigour. Then Gelderholm could be close to the Place of things deprived of vigour

Alternatively it can be associated with the German word Geldern or geld meaning funds or money, making Gelderholm, the place of riches.

Whichever it is, it up to the player to decide.
Now that is fitting for war-infested region

Ddraig

Anyways I am now thinking about Vivis, some plans are already in progress but would they be enough?

Epsil

What about just chucking some splash potions of harming II?