Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Himekawa

@Epsil, please clarify that you have brought meat to the guild. The item gained list didn't contain meat at all, and it was not given. I don't want to assume that you have forgotten to bring the meat after harvesting them.

Epsil

Today's correspondence to the guard office finally arrived. As she examined and sorted the pile, one of them was from the city guard captain, sending the city guard license to the guild for one adventurer named Luna, along with the adventurer's progress report.

She looked at the quest list that was waiting to be verified. Since her stack was quite small, she was able to find the corresponding quest. As it was, the adventurer's report matched the guard office's progress report. Finding nothing, she forwarded the report to the receptionist after marked the quest as complete.

OOC: notify me the mistake in naming because I am on mobile. Also mark the quest as complete somewhere in the report. Thank you.
That's a level 4 quest buddy, you're only level 2. I know you're keen on advancing but :sweating_profusely:

Epsil

@Epsil, please clarify that you have brought meat to the guild. The item gained list didn't contain meat at all, and it was not given. I don't want to assume that you have forgotten to bring the meat after harvesting them.
Those are the items I gained that I am keeping

Himekawa

That's a level 4 quest buddy, you're only level 2. I know you're keen on advancing but :sweating_profusely:
I am working as evaluator.

Evaluation Guidelines

1. Reread the quest description and objectives.
  2. Imagine yourself in the position of the "sponsor" who issued the quest.
  3. Consider if:
    • The objectives of the quest were performed satisfactorily.
    • The quest report is plausible (e.g. the character didn't "fake" or "lie" about something in their quest report).
    • There was any collateral damage.
    • The character demonstrated growth.
  4. Decide if:
    1. Full quest rewards were earned.
    2. Partial quest rewards were earned.
    3. The quest was failed and nothing was earned.
  5. Leave a comment!

Reactions: GM

Epsil

I am working as evaluator.

Evaluation Guidelines

1. Reread the quest description and objectives.
  2. Imagine yourself in the position of the "sponsor" who issued the quest.
  3. Consider if:
    • The objectives of the quest were performed satisfactorily.
    • The quest report is plausible (e.g. the character didn't "fake" or "lie" about something in their quest report).
    • There was any collateral damage.
    • The character demonstrated growth.
  4. Decide if:
    1. Full quest rewards were earned.
    2. Partial quest rewards were earned.
    3. The quest was failed and nothing was earned.
  5. Leave a comment!
Oh I didn't read it properly sorry. :blob_teary: :blob_teary: :blob_teary: :blob_teary: . It's 11pm and I'm not that awake.

Himekawa

Be sure to enhance his sword with Sharpness IV too.
are we talking about the rank up one? How are you bringing your sword there? though, mix both sharpness and durability to a sharpened branch and you have a makeshift sword. You also have knife for sharpening those after all.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Fun fact, the name Gelderholm appears to be created with the parts Holm and gelder

Holm meaning a piece of flat ground by a river which is submerged in times of flood, but over all a place.

Gelder could have been chosen for the closeness with the English word Geld: To castrate a male animal or to be deprive of vitality or vigour. Then Gelderholm could be close to the Place of things deprived of vigour

Alternatively it can be associated with the German word Geldern or geld meaning funds or money, making Gelderholm, the place of riches.

Whichever it is, it up to the player to decide.
As another fun fact, during the time of the Vikings constantly invading Britain, an agreement was arranged where every year the people of England would pay a tax to give to the Vikings to stop them from pillaging and ransacking their homes. It was called the Danegeld tax.
'-'

X

Epsil

As another fun fact, during the time of the Vikings constantly invading Britain, an agreement was arranged where every year the people of England would pay a tax to give to the Vikings to stop them from pillaging and ransacking their homes. It was called the Danegeld tax.
'-'

X
That's a fancy name for extortion, also that was rather civilized of the Vikings to agree to that (Plz dont kill me I'm not a history buff).

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
That's a fancy name for extortion, also that was rather civilized of the Vikings to agree to that (Plz dont kill me I'm not a history buff).
Well, it meant they didn't have to risk dying and got a steady income.
Who wouldn't agree to that?

X

GM

@GM, can I request you to write quest line for medic path, that grants medic license? the gelderholm battle seem interesting.
Can you describe an example quest line for me? And maybe what a license would entail?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
What happens when the bridge quest is done btw
The world ends~ *giggles*
Hey, I'm quite close to levelling up,!
I was wondering how people's level ups go, do they update their abilities or gain new ones?
I was thinking of slightly buffing Oam's divination abilities since it's the only one being used atm. Absolve Sin is like a passive, and I still haven't decided what would happen if I levelled that up.
>.>
I personally think of the Level as more of a way the guild measures your competence than your character's actual level in a system-like meaning. So I don't really change anything with level ups actually.

I just change things as I move through my character's stories and she is developed~
*sweats*

I just checked out the rank E exam... orz. Isn't that too hard?
Comrade! *hugs*
The theme for Rank E is that your character can go anywhere and survive, even if there isn't a city or civilization.

Being a Ranked Adventurer is really something special. Most ordinary people don't achieve that kind of distinction.
*pats poor Nene's head*
In either case, I think we have more people who would like alternate exams?

So far it's @AliceShiki -- anyone else?

I think it's probably good to come up with alternate exams.

Or maybe a different E rank region with a different exam.

But I'm thinking that "survival" will definitely still be a major theme regardless of the smaller details.
Aye aye! It would be nice to have a few different ones, or at least one different one! >.<

Relying on the Survival Theme still makes sense though! \(^^)/
That's true, but I try to keep it realistic. If either of my characters find even so much as a bear while without equipment, they will die.
Nene would die to a wolf! xD
I'm also a little curious — exactly how were you planning on growing your character later?

The quests and almost everything gets progressively harder, so at least to me, the matter of growing your character is primarily a question of when you want them to demonstrate those major steps of growth?
>.>
<.<

Growth? What's that? Is it tasty? xD
I also modified the wording of the Rank E exam to include a knife, and changed the word "tools" to "weapons".
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

This actually makes it almost doable for Nene! \(^^)/

... Though she wouldn't do it because she needs to steal an egg, that goes against The Goddess' teachings.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

This actually makes it almost doable for Nene! \(^^)/

... Though she wouldn't do it because she needs to steal an egg, that goes against The Goddess' teachings.
You could "borrow" the egg from them and return it to them after completing the mission. It's another story to convince them tho.

Himekawa

Can you describe an example quest line for me? And maybe what a license would entail?

First, helping on the hospital/clinic. As not everyone possess mana, there is a necessity for the adventurer to possess some first aid skill. This would reward first aid skill. Think of it as some kind of paramedic. This would be for practical skill like here to apply the potion.

There are also medicine-specialized alchemist running apothecary, where adventurer could learn about medicine mixing. Understanding the medicine, like what mixture is effective on what cases. If they had volunteered a total of five times from both quest line (2-3 ratio), they could take battlefield medic exam.

The license would give them qualification as medic with some medical skills that is not related to using mana, hopefully. I am thinking of making something like in the manga "The wrong way to use healing magic" where they are the first responder on the battlefield.

Then there are the certified healer, where they use the mana to do healing. Understanding the biology of common races of this world is what the quest would entail.

Too complicated?

AliceShiki

I am not sure how much of that is a joke :sweating_profusely:

You could "borrow" the egg from them and return it to them after completing the mission. It's another story to convince them tho.
Nene would never bring the distress of losing a child to a parent, regardless of it being capable of rational thought or not, and regardless of giving it back later or not.

GM

Nene would never bring the distress of losing a child to a parent, regardless of it being capable of rational thought or not, and regardless of giving it back later or not.
Technically the eggs are already stolen from their original parent. So she could try to figure out how to return the eggs to their original nest

AliceShiki

Adsall's Wares and Weapons (Small Stall)​
Owned by: Adsall​
Item​
Price​
Description​
#left​
Iron shield​
45​
A bit heavy, but it's strong.​
2​
Wooden Shield.​
25​
A Wooden Shield with iron across the edges. Pretty Light.​
2​
Leather Bag​
15​
Small Leather Bag, A Beginner's must have!​
3​
Service
Price
Description
#left
Repairing Weapons​
15 for iron, price may change with metal.​
Break your beloved sword? Look no further, I'll fix it right up!​
Infinity​
Upgrading / Reinforcing Weapons25 for iron, price may change with metal.Want your sword to be as strong as you? I can do that!Infinity
Custom CraftTo be determined after an initial meeting.I'll make you anything you need. (I retain my right to deny requests.)Infinity
Btw, I was looking at this one and I got confused about the Service part and it took me a while to notice you had separated it into two different thingies.

I tried editing it to make more intuitive, but I honestly didn't like the final outcome... But hey, if you wanna use it anyways, I might as well share since I already did it.

Adsall's Wares and Weapons (Small Stall)​
Owned by: Adsall​
Item​
Price​
Description​
#left​
Iron shield​
45​
A bit heavy, but it's strong.​
2​
Wooden Shield.​
25​
A Wooden Shield with iron across the edges. Pretty Light.​
2​
Leather Bag​
15​
Small Leather Bag, A Beginner's must have!​
3​
Service
Price
Description
#left
Repairing Weapons​
15 for iron, price may change with metal.​
Break your beloved sword? Look no further, I'll fix it right up!​
Infinity​
Upgrading / Reinforcing Weapons25 for iron, price may change with metal.Want your sword to be as strong as you? I can do that!Infinity
Custom CraftTo be determined after an initial meeting.I'll make you anything you need. (I retain my right to deny requests.)Infinity

AliceShiki

Technically the eggs are already stolen from their original parent. So she could try to figure out how to return the eggs to their original nest
True, but it's not like Nene had any way of knowing who the original parents are. Nor would she clear the quest like this since it specifically requests to bring the egg back to the guild...

Also, stolen or not, the Kukuu birds to raise it as if it was their own child, so Nene would still not do it! >.<