How do I stop procrastinating?

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I am very aware that I need to be writing a chapter right now, but everything is a distraction to me right now. Plus whenever I get stuck on a sentence I start scrolling through this forum:sweat_smile:.
Reject the forums and just start writing. That's pretty much all I do. I just close every tab, except for the document and music. You can take breaks though to check the forums. If I am writing 1k words I will stop around 500 to look at the forums.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Trick yourself.

Tell yourself you'll read the forums later, you're just going to write one sentence. Then keep doing it until you're done or forget you're meant to be procrastinating.
Procrastinate checking the forums with writing. Another thing I will do sometimes is set a hard time. Like "I will start writing by 2PM", and then I do that.

Paul_Michaels

Just a below average author.
I am very aware that I need to be writing a chapter right now, but everything is a distraction to me right now. Plus whenever I get stuck on a sentence I start scrolling through this forum:sweat_smile:.
I don't know. This feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
I am looking for the answers even now.
I know for sure that it takes absolute discipline and self-isolation.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
You just work, I think it works?
Unfortunately, I am not eloquent enough to say more, but less youtube tend to do the trick for me.

SalivaSpittingWorm

To relax and not think about writing. Being distracted and looking for something else to do is a sign that you need a break from writing. When you associate writing with the words "I should or I must," you need a break. At least that's what I think. :)

Here, we have a saying. "You don't have to do anything except die and pay taxes." :blob_shade:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Good idea honestly. Sadly I would just replace it with something else.

I'll try this.
Best way to disconnect is to download your story directly onto your computer. It should tell you that you will be able to edit it without WiFi, and that will make it easier to disconnect from the internet.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
Just do it.
No seriously, just do it.
And once you just do it and upload it, hopefully you'll either come back to edit it to smithereens or just do it again.

GlassRose

Kaleidoscope of Harmonious Contradiction
Get someone else (IRL) to hold you accountable to a deadline.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Go somewhere else and think. Imagine the chapter you're writing. Decide exactly how you want it to go, or at least the end goal for the chapter and a start. The rest you will flesh out while writing it. Once you're done thinking, go back to writing and turn off all distractions. Phone, music, tv, background tabs. only the writing program can be open. Then write and set a time limit to get it done. it helps.