Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Riku25

Walking around the city after being directed to this location, he noticed a quaint little building by the side; various people entering and leaving it. Having no where else to be at the moment, Riku entered it cautiously and moved to sit at the counter of the tavern. Hoping to inconspicuously learn more about this place.

Last edited:

Leegood

Walking around the city after being directed to this location, he noticed a quaint little building by the side; various people entering and leaving it. Having no where else to be at the moment, Riku entered it cautiously and moved to sit at the counter of the tavern. Hoping to inconspicuously learn more about this place.
"Hello welcome to the adventurer's guild tavern, How may I help you?" I was wearing a combination of a chef's uniform and and waitress uniform since I've been switching between the two on a as-needed basis. He kind of looks like nothing? I know he's a human male most likely but his face has no features.

Riku25

"Hello welcome to the adventurer's guild tavern, How may I help you?" I was wearing a combination of a chef's uniform and and waitress uniform since I've been switching between the two on a as-needed basis. He kind of looks like nothing? I know he's a human male most likely but his face has no features.

He gave a small smile as he took in the appearance of the waitress and spoke, "Hey there, my name's Riku... Aburame? And I was hoping for information actually." He winced as he continued speaking, "I'm a bit low on funds at the moment, so I'm afraid that's all I can ask for at the moment...unless the water here is free?" he finished jokingly.

Bochi

At one corner of the tavern, staring intently at a piece of paper was a certain Liberi. She frowned heavily as her eyes swept past line after line, reaching the end of the piece of paper really quickly. Finally Vicious gave a loud groan as she crumpled up the paper and tossed it aside, allowing herself a sip of water before planting her face into the desk, shoulders and all.

"My brain isn't built for this kind of stuff..."

Reciful

"Just sit at that table I'll be right back with something good." I went to the tavern owner and was able to buy the ingredients I intended to use at market prices, the gold being taken out of my paycheck. Ah it seems It's took a chunk, oh well~ It's practice! I prepared the food while humming happily, and some time later I came out with a platter and put
on the table

"Miss can you tell me how it tastes?" I think I seasoned it correctly, I've experimented making this dish a few times before. "Here's something to drink while your eating it" I placed a mug of water on the table.

Reciful stares at the food, as Letianna wait for her to taste it & give opinion to the food

Suddenly someone entered the tavern which shifted Letianna's all attention for a moment from the little girl, towards the newcomer who entered the tavern.

Which...

Very-very-very fortunately for Letianna cause she did not see just how the little girl right beside her just shallowed the entire food, leaving the plates only. By something that manifested on the little girls shadow...

Something very black, had many Mouths, had many red eyes & had many shadowy Hands.... It devoured the food whole gulping it all at once & immediately retreated back inside the shadow of the little girl.

Really fortunate for Letianna, as she did not see any of that, as her attention is not on Reciful.... If she did.. she might have a very bad nightmare tonight...

Last edited:

Leegood

He gave a small smile as he took in the appearance of the waitress and spoke, "Hey there, my name's Riku... Aburame? And I was hoping for information actually." He winced as he continued speaking, "I'm a bit low on funds at the moment, so I'm afraid that's all I can ask for at the moment...unless the water here is free?" he finished jokingly.
"Ah I can get you a glass of water but not a second since water has to be retrieved for the well" I grabbed a mug then went to fill it with water and went back "here you go Mister Aburame" I placed the water mug in front of him. "Information? what kind?"
At one corner of the tavern, staring intently at a piece of paper was a certain Liberi. She frowned heavily as her eyes swept past line after line, reaching the end of the piece of paper really quickly. Finally Vicious gave a loud groan as she crumpled up the paper and tossed it aside, allowing herself a sip of water before planting her face into the desk, shoulders and all.

"My brain isn't built for this kind of stuff..."

I nonchalantly grabbed the paper and threw it in the trash bin
Reciful stares at the food, as Letianna wait for her to taste it & give opinion to the food

Suddenly someone entered the tavern which shifted Letianna's all attention for a moment from the little girl, towards the newcomer who entered the tavern.

Which...

Very-very-very fortunately for Letianna cause she did not see just how the little girl right beside her just shallowed the entire food, leaving the plates only. By something that manifested on the little girls shadow...

Something very black, had many Mouths, had many red eyes & had many shadowy Hands.... It devoured the food whole gulping it all at once & immediately retreated back inside the shadow of the little girl.

Really fortunate for Letianna, as she did not see any of that, as her attention is not on Reciful.... If she did.. she might have a very bad nightmare tonight...
"Ah how was the food?" I looked back and saw that the plates were cleaned off, "Ah You ate so fast, I'll take these plates and I'll be right back." I took the used plates and washed them at back.

Riku25

"Ah I can get you a glass of water but not a second since water has to be retrieved for the well" I grabbed a mug then went to fill it with water and went back "here you go Mister Aburame" I placed the water mug in front of him. "Information? what kind?"

"Ah how was the food?" I looked back and saw that the plates were cleaned off, "Ah You ate so fast, I'll take these plates and I'll be right back." I took the used plates and washed them at back.

He took a sip of the water and found himself sighing as it went down. Despite everything, at least the refreshing feeling of water remained the same. Though... It had been a few hours now since he last ate, yet... He wasn't particularly hungry.

Frowning, he observed the waitress as she went around to the other patrons. When she returned, he answered her question. "A couple dumb questions to be honest." he said depreciatingly before he continued, "What's the best way to get...ummm,gold? Around here? Is there any place to get a loan or free boarding for the day? And, is there anywhere I shouldnt go to in this city?"

Leegood

He took a sip of the water and found himself sighing as it went down. Despite everything, at least the refreshing feeling of water remained the same. Though... It had been a few hours now since he last ate, yet... He wasn't particularly hungry.

Frowning, he observed the waitress as she went around to the other patrons. When she returned, he answered her question. "A couple dumb questions to be honest." he said depreciatingly before he continued, "What's the best way to get...ummm,gold? Around here? Is there any place to get a loan or free boarding for the day? And, is there anywhere I shouldnt go to in this city?"
"Ah a new person, You go the the senior receptionist over there." I pointed and waved at a bored receptionist who waved back lazily "and you take a request, when you finish the requests they give you money, The starter quests should be safe enough to do so you can earn enough to rent a room for the night if you do 1 of the quests and some food for 10G."

"As for a loan or free boarding......I'm not sure if it exists since I haven't needed to use something like that, maybe if you went to the merchant guild and proved yourself they might loan you money on the basis that you'll be a strong adventurer who'll take jobs from them in the future? As for places you should not go?" I tilted my head while thinking "Ah don't go into any shady dark alleys, I heard there were slums somewhere, and don't follow people offering you free candy in exchange for testing out random magical experiments."

Reciful

Reciful look at Letianna back as take the Empty plate away...

"!?.."

suddenly Reciful look towards the somewhere..... her gaze is directed towards north... She is not looking what inside the tavern... But something towards direction of north. far in a distance place. Her Eyes see something.

"........... Why is it in here? " Reciful muttered standing from her chair to move towards north...

But her steps suddenly came to a halt, She Remembered the Lady generosity... Letianna's Kindness...& Recalled something from the distance past.. Reciful Experienced a similar warm, that once saved her.... But also the one that gives her true despair.

Smiling, Reciful take the paper that is thrown in the trash bin, fix it & write something on its back side, while leaving 20 gold coin on top of it.

What written on the paper is

" human food taste really good for the first time after a Billion years, Reciful is grateful... Thank you"

And thus the little girl truly vanished in the shadows this time for sure... Towards somewhere in north... Leaving the tavern

Bochi

Couldn't help but listening into the conversation, Vicious was about to answer when
"Ah a new person, You go the the senior receptionist over there." I pointed and waved at a bored receptionist who waved back lazily "and you take a request, when you finish the requests they give you money, The starter quests should be safe enough to do so you can earn enough to rent a room for the night if you do 1 of the quests and some food for 10G."

"As for a loan or free boarding......I'm not sure if it exists since I haven't needed to use something like that, maybe if you went to the merchant guild and proved yourself they might loan you money on the basis that you'll be a strong adventurer who'll take jobs from them in the future? As for places you should not go?" I tilted my head while thinking "Ah don't go into any shady dark alleys, I heard there were slums somewhere, and don't follow people offering you free candy in exchange for testing out random magical experiments."
Pffft.

Hiding the chuckle she added thus:

"Like Leti said, the best way to earn money around here is by taking requests. The pay is low when you start out, but if you're confident in your physical strength, then hunting monsters tend to net a better income compared to doing deskwork, which is the safer alternative. The tavern offers a discount in terms of boarding for registered adventurers, but if you want free lodgings you'll have to sleep outside the city. The sewers are also a possible place to hang out in for free, but again, the city has it's share of troubles including various gangs as well as the occasional cultist kidnapping. So if you're not a fighter type, it'll be wise to stay out of the boondocks when the sun starts setting."

Riku25

Riku glanced at the receptionist. '10g...thats more than I would've made in 3 years back home' he thought. Shaking his head, he looked bad at the friendly waitress and spoke," Thanks for the advice.... Miss?"

Couldn't help but listening into the conversation, Vicious was about to answer when

Pffft.

"Like Leti said, the best way to earn money around here is by taking requests. The pay is low when you start out, but if you're confident in your physical strength, then hunting monsters tend to net a better income compared to doing deskwork, which is the safer alternative. The tavern offers a discount in terms of boarding for registered adventurers, but if you want free lodgings you'll have to sleep outside the city. The sewers are also a possible place to hang out in for free, but again, the city has it's share of troubles including various gangs as well as the occasional cultist kidnapping. So if you're not a fighter type, it'll be wise to stay out of the boondocks when the sun starts setting."

Hearing that he was being addressed, he took in the person speaking before replying," I'd be all for it, if I had a weapon" he chuckled. "But it's the grunt work for me until I can at least afford a meal and supplies." he finished.

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
Entering into the tavern after deciding which quest I will take, I immediately went to the bar and order a cider to relax and think carefully about what happened. Likely, the only thing I could do was to seek for information but it was just too troublesome. There were no profits in doing so, thus, I decided to simply stay in the tavern and rest as much as I could.

"Aaaah~ I guess I should prepare and buy some goods later on."

Leegood

Reciful look at Letianna back as take the Empty plate away...

"!?.."

suddenly Reciful look towards the somewhere..... her gaze is directed towards north... She is not looking what inside the tavern... But something towards direction of north. far in a distance place. Her Eyes see something.

"........... Why is it in here? " Reciful muttered standing from her chair to move towards north...

But her steps suddenly came to a halt, She Remembered the Lady generosity... Letianna's Kindness...& Recalled something from the distance past.. Reciful Experienced a similar warm, that once saved her.... But also the one that gives her true despair.

Smiling, Reciful take the paper that is thrown in the trash bin, fix it & write something on its back side, while leaving 20 gold coin on top of it.

What written on the paper is

" human food taste really good for the first time after a Billion years, Reciful is grateful... Thank you"

And thus the little girl truly vanished in the shadows this time for sure... Towards somewhere in north... Leaving the tavern
"Ah where did miss Reci go?" I picked up the gold and looked around but this time it seemed she really got away from me Maybe I shouldve kept a closer eye on her Ahhhhh I made sure to put the coins in a pouch on my uniform and went to check up on other customers before getting back to the mister again.

Pffft.

"Ah Yeah, The sewers have been busy recently and their has been an increase in gang activity so people should be more careful when walking in non-crowded streets."

I placed the paper back on miss viscious's table "Ah I forgot to ask if you wanted this thrown away my apologies, I thought it brought you bad feelings so it was best to be thrown away but I did it without asking."

Riku glanced at the receptionist. '10g...thats more than I would've made in 3 years back home' he thought. Shaking his head, he looked bad at the friendly waitress and spoke," Thanks for the advice.... Miss?"

Hearing that he was being addressed, he took in the person speaking before replying," I'd be all for it, if I had a weapon" he chuckled. "But it's the grunt work for me until I can at least afford a meal and supplies." he finished.
"Ah you can just call me Leti, shot from Letianna." Hearing that he was quite reasonable I smiled "Umu, It'd be hard to do something dangerous when you've just arrived, any injury you get would be expensive, and you've just started so it would become a large problem if that happened."

Riku25

"Ah where did miss Reci go?" I picked up the gold and looked around but this time it seemed she really got away from me Maybe I shouldve kept a closer eye on her Ahhhhh I made sure to put the coins in a pouch on my uniform and went to check up on other customers before getting back to the mister again.

"Ah Yeah, The sewers have been busy recently and their has been an increase in gang activity so people should be more careful when walking in non-crowded streets."

I placed the paper back on miss viscious's table "Ah I forgot to ask if you wanted this thrown away my apologies, I thought it brought you bad feelings so it was best to be thrown away but I did it without asking."

"Ah you can just call me Leti, shot from Letianna." Hearing that he was quite reasonable I smiled "Umu, It'd be hard to do something dangerous when you've just arrived, any injury you get would be expensive, and you've just started so it would become a large problem if that happened."

He smiled and tested the name, "Letianna." nodding he continued, "Any suggestions on which quest a noob like me should take?" he replied, though bit his tongue and cursed at himself internally for, his use of a colloquial term.

Leegood

He smiled and tested the name, "Letianna." nodding he continued, "Any suggestions on which quest a noob like me should take?" he replied, though bit his tongue and cursed at himself internally for, his use of a colloquial term.
"hnnn Ah here you go" I gave him a quest slip
Cooking Rations [SC107]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 rations
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
"You get money and food at the same time, it's a win-win!"

Bochi

"Well..."
> > >
Night Watch [SC101]
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
  • Other: n/a
> > >
"This one's not too bad, you just need to stay awake the whole night. The gates are relatively safe and there's not much chance of getting hurt here."
> > >
Office Work [SC104]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
> > >
"There's absolutely no physical risk involved for this one. Just...your mental faculty might take a hit after finishing."
> > >
If You See Something, Say Something [SC106]
Objectives:
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.
  • Report your findings to the guild.
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning intel.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G
> > >
"This one's risky. Payout's okay for the rank, but it requires some poking your nose into places. Might be a bit...exciting."

"Also, there's the cooking one Leti mentioned. No danger except getting oil spilled on your feet...kidding."

Riku25

Riku read over the quest given to him by the cute waitress. It certainly did kill two birds at once. He was a decent cook; nothing to write home about, but he could safely say he wouldn't be giving any one food poisoning...as long as the ingredients were the same. He sighed, but then turned once more as he was addressed by the silver haired woman.

"Well..."

"This one's not too bad, you just need to stay awake the whole night. The gates are relatively safe and there's not much chance of getting hurt here."

"There's absolutely no physical risk involved for this one. Just...your mental faculty might take a hit after finishing."

"This one's risky. Payout's okay for the rank, but it requires some poking your nose into places. Might be a bit...exciting."

"Also, there's the cooking one Leti mentioned. No danger except getting oil spilled on your feet...kidding."

He looked over them all, taking note of each. They seemed simple enough, though didn't provide the benefit of having a good meal for the next couple of days. Maybe if he was fast enough, he could do that night guard shift after cooking? Nodding his head he addressed her. "Thanks as well... Sorry, I didn't catch your name." he smiled as he continued, "I think I'll just be taking this cooking one, then later on try for the night shift. I wouldn't mind the office work, but...right now I don't think I could stay one place for too long" he finished, though internal checked over his energized body.

Bochi

Riku read over the quest given to him by the cute waitress. It certainly did kill two birds at once. He was a decent cook; nothing to write home about, but he could safely say he wouldn't be giving any one food poisoning...as long as the ingredients were the same. He sighed, but then turned once more as he was addressed by the silver haired woman.

He looked over them all, taking note of each. They seemed simple enough, though didn't provide the benefit of having a good meal for the next couple of days. Maybe if he was fast enough, he could do that night guard shift after cooking? Nodding his head he addressed her. "Thanks as well... Sorry, I didn't catch your name." he smiled as he continued, "I think I'll just be taking this cooking one, then later on try for the night shift. I wouldn't mind the office work, but...right now I don't think I could stay one place for too long" he finished, though internal checked over his energized body.
"Well, if it works it works. Good luck. And for simplicity's sake, just call me Vicious."

She stuck her hand out.

Last edited:

Riku25

"Well, of it works it works. Good luck. And for simplicity's sake, just call me Vicious."

She stuck her hand out.

Riku was surprised by the strange name but didn't say anything about it; if he was using an alias, it would be to far of a leap that others would as well. Maybe there was indeed some curse or hex or something that needed your true name? Keeping his internal thoughts, he took the offered hand and was surprised by the powerful grip. "Riku," he offered his name as he continued, "I hope we could work together sometime after I'm not so green." he chuckled before getting up and turning to address the waitress. "@Leegood. Thanks again, Miss Leti, the water was delicious and the service was a lifesaver."

Bochi

Riku was surprised by the strange name but didn't say anything about it; if he was using an alias, it would be to far of a leap that others would as well. Maybe there was indeed some curse or hex or something that needed your true name? Keeping his internal thoughts, he took the offered hand and was surprised by the powerful grip. "Riku," he offered his name as he continued, "I hope we could work together sometime after I'm not so green." he chuckled before getting up and turning to address the waitress. "@Leegood. Thanks again, Miss Leti, the water was delicious and the service was a lifesaver."
"Mhm, I'll look forward to that. See you."

Tipping an imaginary hat in farewell, she turned her attention back to Leti.

"Oh...My bad for throwing it. Thanks."

Folding it into a square, Vicious slid it back into her pockets.