It's just me.

SailusGebel

SHF has been looking smaller than ever for the past month or so. Even before the most recent drama, peeps I like were leaving one by one. A couple are simply busy with their work, but a lot are distancing from the forums for multiple reasons. And there are barely any new cool people joining us nowadays. This forum won't die(probably), it's not the end, but I'll tell you something. I feel lonely whenever I open SHF lately.

ThatTwat3000

SHF has been looking smaller than ever for the past month or so. Even before the most recent drama, peeps I like were leaving one by one. A couple are simply busy with their work, but a lot are distancing from the forums for multiple reasons. And there are barely any new cool people joining us nowadays. This forum won't die(probably), it's not the end, but I'll tell you something. I feel lonely whenever I open SHF lately.
There, there. You can still greet new members and kickstart their internet addictions!! :blob_nom:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I feel the same. Though I am also very busy with work so I can't be on a lot of the time. Some people who we've both known a long time like Lefi have left. It's sad but it's probably just a season. Writers in general have been dwindling from various forums due to burnout, a lack of motivation, lack of time, other priorities, AI writers, and/or other reasons. RR and Webnovel are both coming to more of an idle in terms of it's community interactions(not that they don't still have active communities but that they aren't as active or getting a lot of turn over).

SailusGebel

I mean, I've just went from posting to lurking. Too busy writing too talk about writing, you know. Occasionally I'll get an urge to post, like now, but I'll probably be a lurker from this point forward.
I am not accusing anyone or asking people to be more active. I wanted to let my emotions out, that's it.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Well life just got harder with inflation. The time spend writing for fun is now spent on just working and other more serious priorities.. Life is a little to fast paced at the moment. I just now lurk in the forms and just scribblehub in general. It's kinda hard to commit to writting nowadays. Most do it for fun for a while but dip after a while.

SailusGebel

Well life just got harder with inflation. The time spend writing for fun is now spent on just working and other more serious priorities.. Life is a little to fast paced at the moment. I just now lurk in the forms and just scribblehub in general. It's kinda hard to commit to writting nowadays. Most do it for fun for a while but dip after a while.
I know. I hope you are healthy and doing well.

MatchaChocolate69

Edible Bittersweet Edgelord, Rebel against Entropy
Deflation is far worse.

By the way, I think the forum is quieter than usual because of the season. It's normal for people to stay away from online communities and spend more time outside during the summer touching grass. With the arrival of the cold, there will be a revival.
I feel lonely whenever I open SHF lately
I'm sorry I haven't been much company for you, Sensei. I never know how to approach you. :blob_pat_sad:

SailusGebel

By the way, I think the forum is quieter than usual because of the season. It's normal for people to stay away from online communities and spend more time outside during the summer touching grass. With the arrival of the cold, there will be a revival.
I honestly can't see it happening with the inside info I have on some users, and the fact new users don't stay for long.
I'm sorry I haven't been much company for you, Sensei. I never know how to approach you. :blob_pat_sad:
It's not about keeping me company, so don't worry.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I feel the same. Though I am also very busy with work so I can't be on a lot of the time. Some people who we've both known a long time like Lefi have left. It's sad but it's probably just a season. Writers in general have been dwindling from various forums due to burnout, a lack of motivation, lack of time, other priorities, AI writers, and/or other reasons. RR and Webnovel are both coming to more of an idle in terms of it's community interactions(not that they don't still have active communities but that they aren't as active or getting a lot of turn over).
I think there's a large part lockdown rebound. People who suddenly had a lot of time on their hands to spend online 4 years ago. Now that things have largely become as before I imagine a decent part of those will simply drift out of the scene again.

SailusGebel

I think there's a large part lockdown rebound. People who suddenly had a lot of time on their hands to spend online 4 years ago. Now that things have largely become as before I imagine a decent part of those will simply drift out of the scene again.
That is obviously one of the reasons. Another one, some peeps were still in school a year or two ago, now they are in colleges or unis, so they don't have free time for a niche forum. Or they get ready for the exams. I understand it all.

seahorsepink1

There are a lot of new people, but the issue is.. none of them are being welcomed lol. Their writings aren't even being looked at, and SH basically only support smut stories (those things get popular quickly). You gotta greet everyone, or else there's just going to be dead accounts everywhere. :blob_okay:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
That's what I've been assuming.