How's the whole virus stuff affecting you?

Cedestroyer

I hope everyone here and their loved ones stay safe and mentally okay. Personally, I've been feeling a little bit deteriorated because I have astigmatism and my glasses broke, making it harder recently to even look at things sometimes. Definitely doing better than most though.

So, how's life?

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Not too bad. I miss my lovers, and my husband thinks I should invite them over, but I don't think it's time to risk that yet.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
If I have to say, it limits me where I can go a lot. Now sure, before the virus I used to stay home all day, BUT now that I can't go out, it makes me want to all the more : /

So can't wait till this whole virus thing ends so I can get back to peacefully staying home all day.

Polarize4777

Financially straining, and the way the government are handling things are just making the situation not so great. I don't even want to think of what the future have in store for us after this pandemic end. Still pretty pissed with China and WHO for their shitty responses and timing in notifying the whole world that they fucked up and kept the little fucking virus a secret for so long. Overall, I am still doing fine, and I just hope that this virus get a cure soon so that we may all resume normal activities. With the rant said, I hope you guys out there are all doing well and keeping your family safe. :D

Jemini

I work in a temp agency for healthcare positions, I'm a nursing assistant. So, basically I'm the relief staff for the frontmost of the front line. (For the most part, nurses give patients medical care while nursing assistants help patients with their daily needs that they can't do for themselves, are with the patients the most, and it's the nursing assistant that goes to tell the nurse when the patient has a medically related need. So, yeah, nursing assistants are as front line as it gets. There is no-one closer to the patients on a regular basis.)

So, yeah, I'm pretty affected by all this. I'm in the group that's gotta worry about all the PPE stuff that people are talking about. Well, good news is that I'm not having to worry about my finances.

Sacred_Night

Honestly very tiring and scary. I'm in NYC, and it feels like people only listened to the stay at home orders for two days. And thats saying something, because I work at night.

Sacred_Night

Financially straining, and the way the government are handling things are just making the situation not so great. I don't even want to think of what the future have in store for us after this pandemic end. Still pretty pissed with China and WHO for their shitty responses and timing in notifying the whole world that they fucked up and kept the little fucking virus a secret for so long. Overall, I am still doing fine, and I just hope that this virus get a cure soon so that we may all resume normal activities. With the rant said, I hope you guys out there are all doing well and keeping your family safe. :D

I understand the reaction, but without getting to political. I think it's counter productive to focus the blame on any one but our President, if your a US Citizen. If not reject this lol. Yes, I agree China has a huge part to blame in this. And the WHO, could have done better as well. However focusing on those two, side tracks from what we as US civilians can do. We can't do anything about China lying and locking up whistleblowers. And we can't do anything about the WHO. So what we need to focus on is our country, and our leadership and call out the problems there.

Because From my understanding the President was briefed multiple times before January. So that's December 2019, up to February 2020, and he kept calling it a hoax. Not to mention the CDC, I believe did a test of what would happen to the US if there was a pandemic. I believe that was done in 2017 or 2018. So all things said, we can't have that negligence again. And this is coming, not from a republican or democrat, or whatever. But from an American. So our leaders need take responsibility, and worry about the US, not China, and we as citizens need to hold them accountable. And it's imperative now more than ever, because we are in the middle of an election. Also let me be clear, I don't think you were downplaying the US leadership, I see it at the top of your post. I just wanted to emphasize this point to not only you but anyone who reads. Stay safe

Last edited:

Cedestroyer

I understand the reaction, but without getting to political. We can't blame any one but our President, if your a US Citizen. If not reject this lol. From my understanding he was briefed multiple times before January. So that's December 2019, up to February 2020, and he kept calling it a hoax. Not to mention the CDC, I believe did a test of what would happen to the US if there was a pandemic. I believe that was done in 2017 or 2018. So all things said, we can't have that negligence again. And this is coming, not from a republican or democrat, or whatever. But from an American. So our leaders need take responsibility, and worry about the US, not China, and we as citizens need to hold them accountable. Stay safe
Well, as a non-American, I think that we should absolutely hold the CCP accountable, not China. Living in a country constantly harassed by their government makes me feel a little bit glad that some western people actually are starting to notice the shady things they do.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well, as a non-American, I think that we should absolutely hold the CCP accountable, not China. Living in a country constantly harassed by their government makes me feel a little bit glad that some western people actually are starting to notice the shady things they do.
Unrelated but most westerners don't realize how great they have it in terms of living conditions and governments compared to those living on the other side of the globe

Cedestroyer

Unrelated but most westerners don't realize how great they have it in terms of living conditions and governments compared to those living on the other side of the globe
Yeah, it's literally an achievement here to move out of the country or marrying someone from a 1st world country.

Sacred_Night

My post wasn't to down play anything they did. China literally jailed whistleblowers on this, I'll never defend them on that. So yea, that wasn't the point of my post lol. Please don't take it that way. They definitely deserve their fair share of blame. However I tend to find people will rather play the blame game and point at others, rather than looking at what they could have done. Right. So here we have a shady country, letting loose a pandemic on the world by downplaying it. That's bad. But if our leaders handled their job properly, we would not be in this situation. Everybody and their mother suspected china was lying in early January. Why not take precautions? Instead the President called it a hoax and did nothing until months later. We can perform a hypothetical, remove China from the equation, and the US leadership still did a bad job. And frankly I think that's more important than ever to point out, because right now we are in the middle of an election. And if the US citizens don't hold their leader accountable, because they are focusing on other issues, then we'll end up with the same person who arguably let 70,000 people die. Also they want to open the country back up, when the experts advise against it.

So yea, that's my point. China did bad, but we have to focus inwards, then we can worry about them after this is over. I'm literally typing this, not knowing if I'll make it through the year. And that not only because of China, but our leadership as well.

Last edited:

RedPanda

I could visit my grandfather's funeral because of this sh*tty virus. Only ten guests were allowed, and that were my parents and my father's siblings with their partner.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Dont forget the 'We love CCP' fan club over at the WHO. When we in Australia set a ban on incoming flights from china, the lovers of communist male appendages criticized us as being racist and alarmist. Even now, the CCP is threatening Australia because we're calling for full independent impartial investigations into how shit went so sideways so fast.

My post wasn't to down play anything they did. China literally jailed whistleblowers on this, I'll never defend them on that. So yea, that wasn't the point of my post lol. Please don't take it that way. They definitely deserve their fair share of blame. However I tend to find people will rather play the blame game and point at others, rather than looking at what they could have done. Right. So here we have a shady country, letting loose a pandemic on the world by downplaying it. That's bad. But if our leaders handled their job properly, we would not be in this situation. Everybody and their mother suspected china was lying in early January. Why not take precautions? Instead the President called it a hoax and did nothing until months later. We can perform a hypothetical, remove China from the equation, and the US leadership still did a bad job. And frankly I think that's more important than ever to point out, because right now we are in the middle of an election. And if the US citizens don't hold their leader accountable, because they are focusing on other issues, then we'll end up with the same person who arguably let 70,000 people die. Also they want to open the country back up, when the experts advise against it.

So yea, that's my point. China did bad, but we have to focus inwards, then we can worry about them after this is over. I'm literally typing this, not knowing if I'll make it through the year. And that not only because of China, but our leadership as well.
I dont know. As an outsider looking in, it seems like at least part of the internal american blame lies with all the idiots who flouted, criticized or outright ignored measures to try and curtail spread. i remember seeing news reports about spring breakers basically YOLO'ing about COVID (and, according to a quick google search, are still doing it.). Can't blame trump for widespread collective stupidity. and lets face it: Americans are known for collective stupidity (of all colours) these days.

===============================
Barring a few bureaucratic cock-ups, Australia's come off relatively lightly compared to most of the rest of the world. Then again, we had the benefit of being an island only accessible en-masse by air, a quick acting government and a populace receptive to preventative measures. The silver lining being that national unity has been pretty high (somewhat ironically due to a horrible bushfire season before COVID hit).

So, all in all the effect on me has been quite minimal actually.

Sacred_Night

Dont forget the 'We love CCP' fan club over at the WHO. When we in Australia set a ban on incoming flights from china, the lovers of communist male appendages criticized us as being racist and alarmist. Even now, the CCP is threatening Australia because we're calling for full independent impartial investigations into how shit went so sideways so fast.

I dont know. As an outsider looking in, it seems like at least part of the internal american blame lies with all the idiots who flouted, criticized or outright ignored measures to try and curtail spread. i remember seeing news reports about spring breakers basically YOLO'ing about COVID (and, according to a quick google search, are still doing it.). Can't blame trump for widespread collective stupidity. and lets face it: Americans are known for collective stupidity (of all colours) these days.

===============================
Barring a few bureaucratic cock-ups, Australia's come off relatively lightly compared to most of the rest of the world. Then again, we had the benefit of being an island only accessible en-masse by air, a quick acting government and a populace receptive to preventative measures. The silver lining being that national unity has been pretty high (somewhat ironically due to a horrible bushfire season before COVID hit).

So, all in all the effect on me has been quite minimal actually.
I'm not blaming Trump for collective stupidity, I'm blaming him for failing to act responsibly. Why do you ignore the president calling the virus a hoax, then attack young students? It's literally their job to know nothing and not take things seriously. I expect more from a president of the most powerful and richest country in human history, then I do freshman's looking forward to spring break. Sorry, I don't know if that a radical take lol.

Do I even have to add that he blamed the last president for the country being short on masks, when he had 4 years of his own presidency to restock?

This hand waving of the people in charge, needs to stop. Don't blame the little guy. Blame the person in power who fails to act. You're our representative, so represent. You see South Korea blabbering about China or the WHO? No they buckled down and got to work and pumped out tests immediately. And I'm glad you're doing ok, but many people aren't because of his failure.

hory-portier

I could visit my grandfather's funeral because of this sh*tty virus. Only ten guests were allowed, and that were my parents and my father's siblings with their partner.
I also had this bad luck of experiencing this loss but on my grandfather's funeral only 5 people were allowed. Not all grandchildren could attend...

The good thing is that I can now work remotely all the time and not just twice a month but on the other side when working remotely all the time I need more time to do 8 hours of work. I get distracted easly but my work time is controlled so I sit for 11 hours to do 8 hours of work.

Polarize4777

I understand the reaction, but without getting to political. I think it's counter productive to focus the blame on any one but our President, if your a US Citizen. If not reject this lol. Yes, I agree China has a huge part to blame in this. And the WHO, could have done better as well. However focusing on those two, side tracks from what we as US civilians can do. We can't do anything about China lying and locking up whistleblowers. And we can't do anything about the WHO. So what we need to focus on is our country, and our leadership and call out the problems there.

Because From my understanding the President was briefed multiple times before January. So that's December 2019, up to February 2020, and he kept calling it a hoax. Not to mention the CDC, I believe did a test of what would happen to the US if there was a pandemic. I believe that was done in 2017 or 2018. So all things said, we can't have that negligence again. And this is coming, not from a republican or democrat, or whatever. But from an American. So our leaders need take responsibility, and worry about the US, not China, and we as citizens need to hold them accountable. And it's imperative now more than ever, because we are in the middle of an election. Also let me be clear, I don't think you were downplaying the US leadership, I see it at the top of your post. I just wanted to emphasize this point to not only you but anyone who reads. Stay safe

He is an idiot and as far as I am concern, we don't have a president and his presidency was a joke in an of itself. Historians are going to look back to his election as nothing more than a clown fest. We had literally 2 weeks when this virus thing was announced to start moving and the president downplay it and didn't take any precaution and now we have the highest infection rate. Our treasury aint going to hold on for much longer and sooner or later the economy is going to hit bottom, the future aint too bright if this is how it is going to play out. At the end of the day, it is the citizens who suffer from poor leadership and the lack of action when it was needed. I do apologize and don't mean to sound racist when I put the blame on CHINA, what I mean is the CPP, they have had questionable records and I wouldn't be surprise if they have broke a couple of human rights law.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Does it HAVE to be political? If so, Trump might not be the best, but Obama was a lying piece of shit no less terrible than Trump. Obama did nothing he swore to do and helped no one but the banks which he bailed out. So let's not pretend Trump is the only poor president because these discussions tend to swerve that way.

I'm in NYC, Brooklyn to be exact.

As for being effected, not really lol. I mean I can still walk to the corner store for whatever I need. I rarely went to any super markets to begin with since there is practically two or three mini marts or corner stores per block and im used to walking everywhere anyway. It's kind of dicey if you want to use the subway but oh well. Some people tell me certain stations aren't allowing usage but idk if that's true or not since I haven't attempted to go outside my neighborhood. Not too far anyway

The night life is most definitely lessened though people are still walking around at night. Not as many places to drink, eat, or hang out though a some places are still open despite it being preferred that they close. Most things are take out though. It was weire for a while at first. Streets were empty for two or three days at the beginning. Plenty of ambulances were racing all around though so I'm assuming a lot of people got sick or died at home.

Funniest thing happened to me yesterday. I got to watch two guys duke it out over onion rings in the middle of the street. So that was fun. Also, every single chinese food restaurant I've passed by is closed. Is it like this everywhere?

Also, who the hell cares if it sounds racist. It began with China. If that sounds racist, man the fuck up and grow thicker skin because I cant be bothered with any of this Political correctness bullshit.

Last edited:

Veneko

I'm from Venezuela. Currently feeling incredibly disappointed. Venezuelan politicians are pieces of shit. Did you know America gave control of foreign assets to the Opposition Government? Millions of dollars. I'm talking about the countries' assets in the US. Again, millions of dollars. The Congressmen assigned themselves a monthly salary of $5000. I admit, it sounds like a small amount. But in Venezuela? It's a huge deal.

No one really understands what is happening with the virus. There isn't enough testing. Effing National Assembly "gifted" every physician 100$ monthly. And they tweeted and tweeted how nice they were. While saving the spoils for themselves.

In the end? I try to distance myself from my ethnicity.