I Spat On The Eye of The God

SailusGebel

You can always ask me for one :blob_okay:
I've read it. And to tell the truth, there is a lot of things I don't agree with. And I'm not a fan of solo leveling or a hater. I just find it boring. If I can be as presumptuous as I can with my words, your dissecting of Solo Leveling is shallow in my opinion.

Once again, don't take this as an insult just because I'm bad with my words. I don't know if you were making this video in your free time while working, or studying and how serious you took the making of this video. Also, the way you said, let's get obvious out of the way, and continued with the obvious things till the end made me smile.

Yorth

Swordman
I've read it. And to tell the truth, there is a lot of things I don't agree with. And I'm not a fan of solo leveling or a hater. I just find it boring. If I can be as presumptuous as I can with my words, your dissecting of Solo Leveling is shallow in my opinion.

Once again, don't take this as an insult just because I'm bad with my words. I don't know if you were making this video in your free time while working, or studying and how serious you took the making of this video. Also, the way you said, let's get obvious out of the way, and continued with the obvious things till the end made me smile.
Well, right now, there is very little content criticizing Solo Leveling. So in the internet consciousness, even the more "obvious" stuff isn't something that is talked about nor understood. Could I have talked more about the predictability of the character actions, or how bad the prose in the novel is? Definitely. Would that have diminished from the accessibility of the video? Absolutely. In the end, it depends on what the intention behind the video was. And my intentions were to provide a voice that is opposite to the main one, which is both accessible and does not fully antagonize those of an opposite view of mine.

SailusGebel

Well, right now, there is very little content criticizing Solo Leveling. So in the internet consciousness, even the more "obvious" stuff isn't something that is talked about nor understood. Could I have talked more about the predictability of the character actions, or how bad the prose in the novel is? Definitely. Would that have diminished from the accessibility of the video? Absolutely. In the end, it depends on what the intention behind the video was. And my intentions were to provide a voice that is opposite to the main one, which is both accessible and does not fully antagonize those of an opposite view of mine.
I don't know about this one. And I won't judge it. What's the point of this video in the end? It's a problem of mine that I don't understand why you did it. In the end, was it good to not bring anything new to the table? I mean, adding some more references as you did with the art part. Adding some recommendations of your own. You said that it's great that Solo Leveling introduced lots of new people to the world of webtoon, manhwas, novels, and so on. However is it really that great? After all, even art tends to cater to the masses. And the masses don't necessarily want a good quality product. In the end, I don't know.
As a side note, there is a lot of works with gorgeous art that are sadly burrowed because the mc isn't an edgelord(I don't know if I used this word right). It's the most subjective piece, but I can name, Feng Shen Ji, Noblesse, Heresy, Veritas, Sun Ken Rock, Breaker first season, from the top of my head where the art is just as good if not better.

Yorth

Swordman
I don't know about this one. And I won't judge it. What's the point of this video in the end? It's a problem of mine that I don't understand why you did it. In the end, was it good to not bring anything new to the table? I mean, adding some more references as you did with the art part. Adding some recommendations of your own. You said that it's great that Solo Leveling introduced lots of new people to the world of webtoon, manhwas, novels, and so on. However is it really that great? After all, even art tends to cater to the masses. And the masses don't necessarily want a good quality product. In the end, I don't know.
As a side note, there is a lot of works with gorgeous art that are sadly burrowed because the mc isn't an edgelord(I don't know if I used this word right). It's the most subjective piece, but I can name, Feng Shen Ji, Noblesse, Heresy, Veritas, Sun Ken Rock, Breaker first season, from the top of my head where the art is just as good if not better.
Hmm, you've been talking about the art a lot, but that's not the only points that I brought. I wrote two pages worth of script about the bad points of Solo, how cliche it was and how badly written the characters were. For one, I haven't seen many people talk about these points.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
wdym. solo leveling is garbage

actually have no idea how it got so popular tbh

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
Yes! B̴̳̄͌r̸̝͕͖͛͗ô̵̲̥̥̄̾t̵͈̗͠͝h̶̹̓ͅȇ̵̛̘͈r̴̰͙͍̀̋!

MasterHiatus

I am back
I've done it. I've gone and done it! I spat on the eye of god. I touched the dragon's reverse scale. I dared criticize Solo Leveling.

Click if you want to see the shitfest.
YOU'VE DONE IT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CONGRATS!
I mean I am surprised. I also have something to hate about SL and you did the work for me, owe ya one

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
I feel like the video is too quiet.

I have my volume up to max and I can't hear very well.
If you make another video, I think it's better to make it too loud since you can turn the volume down.

Yorth

Swordman
I feel like the video is too quiet.

I have my volume up to max and I can't hear very well.
If you make another video, I think it's better to make it too loud since you can turn the volume down.
Yeah, the volume is definitely something ill need to work on. Thanks for watching tho!

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I thought everyone agrees that Solo Leveling is mediocre at storytelling. It's the case of good art carries a bad story.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
That's fine. To each their own.
To add to the guy's original post, I literally can't hear you speak even on max volume with my phone. As comparison my neighbours can hear my songs with max volume.

You really need to speak louder dude, or at least get closer to the mic.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Well SL/Only I Level UP wasn't that good imo, especially how he packed the ending. Just stupid and boring, the MC feels like a super duper god while the other just a 'cannon fodder', even Trashy manga,novels, or even Anime had some characters that's par with the MC/ stronger than him but this one is different.

The same goes for The Beginning After the end... it's just like the second Mushoku.. meh.. dunno why everyone hyped about that.

I Guess Ads really can hyped something 'meh' even it's not ' that good '

It's only my opinion Tho :blob_sir:

i stopped bothering about solo leveling when they took it out from mangadex. i also got bored with the story. i don't see it as godlike tbh.

the best thing about it is the art. when i went to the novel, i can't even stand the first chapter.

the title will be appropriate if you started bashing mother of learning and put the thread on RR.

Hmm Solo Leveling has indeed good arts, but I dropped the novel bcs of the story. nvm:blob_whistle_two:
I left a comment on your video as well. It's a feedback:blob_wink:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Hmm Solo Leveling has indeed good arts, but I dropped the novel bcs of the story. nvm:blob_whistle_two:
I left a comment on your video as well. It's a feedback:blob_wink:
For what it's worth, at least, in terms of the novel itself, gave the MC a good rest instead of dragging his story to high earths and low seas.

Yorth

Swordman
To add to the guy's original post, I literally can't hear you speak even on max volume with my phone. As comparison my neighbours can hear my songs with max volume.

You really need to speak louder dude, or at least get closer to the mic.
Yeah, I need to find a way to fix the volume issue. I used a headset mic for this one and was basically screaming into it, but the mic barely picked anything up. I'll have to get a better mic soon.

Yorth

Swordman
i stopped bothering about solo leveling when they took it out from mangadex. i also got bored with the story. i don't see it as godlike tbh.

the best thing about it is the art. when i went to the novel, i can't even stand the first chapter.

the title will be appropriate if you started bashing mother of learning and put the thread on RR.
Oh, the I spat on the eye of the god, is just because of how cultlike Solo Leveling's following is. Those guys will mess you up, man.