Art Struggles

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
It's a struggle though! It takes me hours to have something decent done :blob_cringe:

Ohh, tell me about it! You know back when I was younger my mom used to shower me with pink everywhere and then I grew so sick of it I only wore black for years! Now I'm a bit better when accepting more colorful colors but I'm sure that this happens with everything. In some years it will be weird to not see a girl with cleavage or a boy with a tank top and stuff like that. I'm betting on it! *smug*
Omg you're so dedicated!!! :blob_teary: I can't imagine slaving away for hours. I don't have that patience. Only when I have to do homework... :sweating_profusely:

Pink is so amazing, but yeah, I get you on the black clothing phase hehehe! It's like most of us probably went "yeah I gotta be cool now" or "I've outgrown my pink princess phase". Colorful colors are totes great with clothes of the more ethnic kind. I think textures on clothes make colors a lot easier to handle than prints nowadays (unless you're talking wax resist dyed print - those are super in right now!)

Right? People will be like, "whaaat are these people wearing???"

This is usually my process! I start with a reference (1st pic) then I divide the body so I can get a better idea of how to make it work, then I try to "copy it" as accurately as I can. Afterward I do every part with a certain color (it is easier to distinguish when you wish to erase overlapping layers) and then I just make it all black and boom, sketch done. Of course, after that would be the lineart and all of that but yeah :blob_sir:
I'm not a Picasso but hey, I try my best :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: #wantingtohelp
Whoa that's so detailed!! Idk much about poses really. :blob_teary: I'm too lazy to even copy so I just do a stickman with a lolipop head...

I can't even be arsed to lineart, everything is just one layer on my old ass decrepit phone... man you got some talent and patience and endurance. Give me some of that dedicationnnnn :blob_teary:

Mine's just like LOLIPOP HEADD

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

tbh I love her with a drapey shawl :blob_aww:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Omg you're so dedicated!!! :blob_teary: I can't imagine slaving away for hours. I don't have that patience. Only when I have to do homework... :sweating_profusely:

Pink is so amazing, but yeah, I get you on the black clothing phase hehehe! It's like most of us probably went "yeah I gotta be cool now" or "I've outgrown my pink princess phase". Colorful colors are totes great with clothes of the more ethnic kind. I think textures on clothes make colors a lot easier to handle than prints nowadays (unless you're talking wax resist dyed print - those are super in right now!)

Right? People will be like, "whaaat are these people wearing???"

Whoa that's so detailed!! Idk much about poses really. :blob_teary: I'm too lazy to even copy so I just do a stickman with a lolipop head...

I can't even be arsed to lineart, everything is just one layer on my old ass decrepit phone... man you got some talent and patience and endurance. Give me some of that dedicationnnnn :blob_teary:

Mine's just like LOLIPOP HEADD
Well if I am not dedicated my art level will always remain the same and I won't improve :blob_reach: Listen if I showed you my first drawing you would be like: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?

Oh, tell me about it! I think at that time I just wanted to be like "Look at me, I'm gothicc now, u can't rule over me mom and dad" #ReVoLuTiON :ROFLMAO:

I am imagining my grandkids be like: "what is this grandma? why is it so square?" "well children there was a time in my past...." *insert anime flashback*

Truthfully the details are mostly copy-paste, I do one and then just paste them again and again until a pattern is made before adding some finishing touches!
You can make the sketch on one sheet but the lineart should be in separate layers, it will be easier afterward, trust me! Also what program do you use?
*gives you some patience and dedication* THERE FRIEND LET'S DRAW TOGETHER NOW *rainbows in the distance* :blob_cookie:

And listen, YOUR ART IS SO PRETTY! 😍😍😍 That character looks like Emilia from Re:Zero in an ancient time! I love it! And it is so awesome you managed to do it so easily like that! I always have to use references otherwise they turn out terribly :sweating_profusely: You should invest some more time in art! Your work is truly amazing :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Well if I am not dedicated my art level will always remain the same and I won't improve :blob_reach: Listen if I showed you my first drawing you would be like: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?

Oh, tell me about it! I think at that time I just wanted to be like "Look at me, I'm gothicc now, u can't rule over me mom and dad" #ReVoLuTiON :ROFLMAO:

I am imagining my grandkids be like: "what is this grandma? why is it so square?" "well children there was a time in my past...." *insert anime flashback*

Truthfully the details are mostly copy-paste, I do one and then just paste them again and again until a pattern is made before adding some finishing touches!
You can make the sketch on one sheet but the lineart should be in separate layers, it will be easier afterward, trust me! Also what program do you use?
*gives you some patience and dedication* THERE FRIEND LET'S DRAW TOGETHER NOW *rainbows in the distance* :blob_cookie:

And listen, YOUR ART IS SO PRETTY! 😍😍😍 That character looks like Emilia from Re:Zero in an ancient time! I love it! And it is so awesome you managed to do it so easily like that! I always have to use references otherwise they turn out terribly :sweating_profusely: You should invest some more time in art! Your work is truly amazing :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:
Arrgh we're all terrible the first time! Always awful! Gotta hide that horrible first time art.... :sweating_profusely:

Dammit we did have that gothic phase didn't we? Black nails, black lipstick, black everything--- gonna bet our boyfriend was Jack Skellington hehehe

I hope more people wear clothes like the victorian or steampunk ones, or even fancy ones in the future. :blob_aww: Solarpunk is so good too!

Aaah, ok, that's a lot of work though. :sweating_profusely: The only real art program I have is a Samsung Note 3's SNote... I'm on an 8 year old phone lol RIP
I'll just look up to you, shifu :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

Hehehe thank you, she's your character's goody twin sister! :blob_aww: Yeah, I get having a reference. It's just so hard and boring to follow a reference though. :sweating_profusely: I gotta live free, gotta sketch free, gotta... lollipop it up...

You can be da amazing art program one for both of us :blob_aww: I WILL SUPPORT YOOOOU

Btw I saw in the other thread that you got flak for your character design :blob_teary: But I think it's just personal tastes and you're doing okay
I'm used to seeing anime styles so I think your character looks fine
Don't worry about it!!

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Arrgh we're all terrible the first time! Always awful! Gotta hide that horrible first time art.... :sweating_profusely:

Dammit we did have that gothic phase didn't we? Black nails, black lipstick, black everything--- gonna bet our boyfriend was Jack Skellington hehehe

I hope more people wear clothes like the victorian or steampunk ones, or even fancy ones in the future. :blob_aww: Solarpunk is so good too!

Aaah, ok, that's a lot of work though. :sweating_profusely: The only real art program I have is a Samsung Note 3's SNote... I'm on an 8 year old phone lol RIP
I'll just look up to you, shifu :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

Hehehe thank you, she's your character's goody twin sister! :blob_aww: Yeah, I get having a reference. It's just so hard and boring to follow a reference though. :sweating_profusely: I gotta live free, gotta sketch free, gotta... lollipop it up...

You can be da amazing art program one for both of us :blob_aww: I WILL SUPPORT YOOOOU

Btw I saw in the other thread that you got flak for your character design :blob_teary: But I think it's just personal tastes and you're doing okay
I'm used to seeing anime styles so I think your character looks fine
Don't worry about it!!
Tell me about it!! My first drawing... never existed for those who might wanna see it... #BURNITDOWN:blob_catflip:

Listen, I was an MCR full girl, Gerard Way all the way ahah! :blobtaco:

Definitely! It would actually be interesting to see an anime or manga with steampunk themathic clothing! I actually saw one once but gave up on it in the middle

You did this on a phone!? That's even more amazing! I use a drawing pad, if I used a phone I think my art would become a Tart (trash-art) [got the pun?] :blob_nom:

She is beautiful, truly! I love it! You can always do you but at least try drawing one or two references because if you do that you will be able to learn more about anatomy and then, once you notice it, you won't even need references anymore! :blob_cookie:

No! We support each other! Like, let's be friends alright? Can we? :blob_reach::blob_reach::blob_reach:

Thank you for the reassurance! The thing is, he wasn't criticizing my character in specific but the fact that the majority of the characters in the thread being straight, long black hair, and mine was just one more to the mix! So I never took it personally, even if he told me he hated the design then he is on his right to do so since, at the end of the day, we all have different tastes!
But thank you for worrying! You're a sweetheart! :blob_aww:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Tell me about it!! My first drawing... never existed for those who might wanna see it... #BURNITDOWN
What a coincidence. I also deleted my first drawings from existence. Only the very first drawing, which doesn't show true drawing skills since it's just a copy of another drawing, still exists.
My greatest struggle as an artist is clothing the characters and not just leave them completely naked
Why is this so relatable? Clothes just take 10 more hours for me I always end up redoing them 3 times before I'm truly satisfied :blob_neutral:
The thing is, he wasn't criticizing my character in specific but the fact that the majority of the characters in the thread being straight, long black hair, and mine was just one more to the mix!
The BL in the title of my art thread scares away most people and I don't really get feedback on my character designs :blob_teary:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Tell me about it!! My first drawing... never existed for those who might wanna see it... #BURNITDOWN:blob_catflip:

Listen, I was an MCR full girl, Gerard Way all the way ahah! :blobtaco:

Definitely! It would actually be interesting to see an anime or manga with steampunk themathic clothing! I actually saw one once but gave up on it in the middle

You did this on a phone!? That's even more amazing! I use a drawing pad, if I used a phone I think my art would become a Tart (trash-art) [got the pun?] :blob_nom:

She is beautiful, truly! I love it! You can always do you but at least try drawing one or two references because if you do that you will be able to learn more about anatomy and then, once you notice it, you won't even need references anymore! :blob_cookie:

No! We support each other! Like, let's be friends alright? Can we? :blob_reach::blob_reach::blob_reach:

Thank you for the reassurance! The thing is, he wasn't criticizing my character in specific but the fact that the majority of the characters in the thread being straight, long black hair, and mine was just one more to the mix! So I never took it personally, even if he told me he hated the design then he is on his right to do so since, at the end of the day, we all have different tastes!
But thank you for worrying! You're a sweetheart!
It's already gone! I can't imagine anyone keeping their first ever drawing... or remembering it. Most of us started out as toddlers in kindergarten :blob_happy:

Arrrrgh yes girl, MCR!!! There was Evanesence too, however you spell that! So good! Goths had like, everything~ :blob_aww:

Yeah, steampunk's a very western thing. I think anime creators have a bit of difficulty combining it with Japanese elements in storytelling. It's usually so high-brow that you're like... "uhhhhh how do I stay interested??"

Goddamn I'm jealous :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: I forever want a drawing pad! But well, I'm still studying so... maybe I'll afford one next time when I have good enough income that's not just enough to pay for phone bills and food hehehehe :blob_melt: For now I'll just admire your tablet art, bless :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

Ahhh okay! From what you say and what I've read he's probably just tired of seeing the "stereotypical Japanese moe waifu long hair" look. Can't blame the guy. In a way, I think it's pretty refreshing how he's interested in looks outside the norm. Maybe I should go back him up? :blob_hmm: Seems like he's taking a grand beating for his tastes... I love alternative fashion and looks too so yeah here's one who's on the same boat. I don't agree with how he's said it to you guys who were posting your characters there, but the man's got a point when it comes to visual design.

Something a little different or flawed to make it stand out from the mass of perfect waifus.... hmmmm..... :blob_hmm::blob_hmm::blob_hmm:

EDIT: I just quoted the guy and he replied.... and I have no comment. :blob_happy: He's right - nobody can understand him lol, I'mma move on

The BL in the title of my art thread scares away most people and I don't really get feedback on my character designs
Oh my :blob_teary: Have you considered perhaps asking for feedback on your character designs in that large BL conversation thread? It might spark some interest too!

At any rate, a thread discussing feedback regarding visuals or dynamics of BL couples in story feedback would be great! :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww: I'm ready to post if you're making one!

Last edited:

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Why is this so relatable? Clothes just take 10 more hours for me I always end up redoing them 3 times before I'm truly satisfied :blob_neutral:
It wasnt about the difficulty of clothes lol, it was about hiding the beautiful curves of the human body xD

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
My greatest struggle as an artist is clothing the characters and not just leave them completely naked
It wasnt about the difficulty of clothes lol, it was about hiding the beautiful curves of the human body xD

Hmm I think the best way for you to learn how to draw clothing would be through references. Personally, I started learning tighter outfits (like tight dresses, jeans, tights shirts, etc) because it is quite similar to the naked body itself. After that, it will be easier to draw more "baggy" clothing since you will be able to understand better where you need to shade/highlight the drawing! :blobtaco: Also, if you want to keep the curves in check you can always just stick to either tight outfits or attires with little coverage!

What a coincidence. I also deleted my first drawings from existence. Only the very first drawing, which doesn't show true drawing skills since it's just a copy of another drawing, still exists.
Actually, my second or third drawing was from Miraii Nikki, I drew Gasai Yuno but it was literally based on the typical pink image that everyone knows of! All the other ones should just be erased, forever! :blob_catflip:

The BL in the title of my art thread scares away most people and I don't really get feedback on my character designs :blob_teary:
Can you send it to me? I would love to give you some feedback if you'd allow me! :blob_melt:

It's already gone! I can't imagine anyone keeping their first ever drawing... or remembering it. Most of us started out as toddlers in kindergarten :blob_happy:

Arrrrgh yes girl, MCR!!! There was Evanesence too, however you spell that! So good! Goths had like, everything~ :blob_aww:

Yeah, steampunk's a very western thing. I think anime creators have a bit of difficulty combining it with Japanese elements in storytelling. It's usually so high-brow that you're like... "uhhhhh how do I stay interested??"

Goddamn I'm jealous :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: I forever want a drawing pad! But well, I'm still studying so... maybe I'll afford one next time when I have good enough income that's not just enough to pay for phone bills and food hehehehe :blob_melt: For now I'll just admire your tablet art, bless :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

Ahhh okay! From what you say and what I've read he's probably just tired of seeing the "stereotypical Japanese moe waifu long hair" look. Can't blame the guy. In a way, I think it's pretty refreshing how he's interested in looks outside the norm. Maybe I should go back him up? :blob_hmm: Seems like he's taking a grand beating for his tastes... I love alternative fashion and looks too so yeah here's one who's on the same boat. I don't agree with how he's said it to you guys who were posting your characters there, but the man's got a point when it comes to visual design.

Something a little different or flawed to make it stand out from the mass of perfect waifus.... hmmmm..... :blob_hmm::blob_hmm::blob_hmm:

EDIT: I just quoted the guy and he replied.... and I have no comment. :blob_happy: He's right - nobody can understand him lol, I'mma move on
Indeed! I think my kindergarten drawings are all kept away by my mom... They were all stick figures with square shirts and pants #FaShIon :blob_sir:

When I was "little" (was 14 at the time) I used to dye my hair a lot and dress all black and then everyone stared at me because, at the time, it was so rare to be so "alternative"! Some people thought I was doing Black Magic and stuff so I had to get rid of the evidence... :blobspearpeek:

Exactly! However it is such a cool style, it even feels like it is wasted like that. Maybe it's also because the majority of the animes are not exactly into that 100%. (Audiences and stuff...)

Well, you have some more affordable ones that do the trick but if you don't have a good computer to use the programs like Photoshop and stuff, then it is better to opt for an Ipad!
And I shall admire yours :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me how he said it because I don't find it important. Ever since his second message, I realized he was speaking generally and so I understood that it was not directed to me or my character but the concept in general. I think, and this is just how he comes off, he will only be satisfied with a character when it is something no one has ever thought of, but, even then, it will be very complicated since the majority of things were already done before.
Also, I think he might be the type of person who has some trouble expressing himself and for the looks of it, he already had some issues with some members in the forum because of it. Maybe it might be because he sees the discussion of ideas as a bad thing and not as a positive one.
Nevertheless, it is better not to pursue the matter further since it is making him uncomfortable. :blobtaco:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Indeed! I think my kindergarten drawings are all kept away by my mom... They were all stick figures with square shirts and pants #FaShIon :blob_sir:

When I was "little" (was 14 at the time) I used to dye my hair a lot and dress all black and then everyone stared at me because, at the time, it was so rare to be so "alternative"! Some people thought I was doing Black Magic and stuff so I had to get rid of the evidence... :blobspearpeek:

Exactly! However it is such a cool style, it even feels like it is wasted like that. Maybe it's also because the majority of the animes are not exactly into that 100%. (Audiences and stuff...)

Well, you have some more affordable ones that do the trick but if you don't have a good computer to use the programs like Photoshop and stuff, then it is better to opt for an Ipad!
And I shall admire yours :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me how he said it because I don't find it important. Ever since his second message, I realized he was speaking generally and so I understood that it was not directed to me or my character but the concept in general. I think, and this is just how he comes off, he will only be satisfied with a character when it is something no one has ever thought of, but, even then, it will be very complicated since the majority of things were already done before.
Also, I think he might be the type of person who has some trouble expressing himself and for the looks of it, he already had some issues with some members in the forum because of it. Maybe it might be because he sees the discussion of ideas as a bad thing and not as a positive one.
Nevertheless, it is better not to pursue the matter further since it is making him uncomfortable.

Aaaah much jealous! Your mom loved your art! Eternal longing :blob_teary: It's so precious that she loved your stick figures with square clothing! You were Spongebob's predecessor!

Holy moly yes! Everyone who was into alternative looks was a Satan worshipper apparently. :blob_awkward: People were so weird about everything back then. At least now it's getting more open and diverse. Now, if stuff like Steampunk could come in fashion... :blob_aww:

Aa an iPad huh :blob_drool: They're expensive here, I can only drool hehehe!

Mmm yeah, you hit the nail on the head - even when I was sort of siding him in that post he didn't like it. :blob_hmm: You're right that he probably has trouble expressing himself. Gotta just let the poor thing be and drop the subject. Don't think I'll ever be having a convo with him in the future either; just politely skip over his posts so he doesn't feel discomfort :blob_melt: I'll be a good mochi :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

On a side note, drawing long black hair can be very difficult! :blob_teary: Sometimes it ends up looking choppy and blocky.... always easier to draw light-haired characters, what a struggle :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

tiaf

That too. I have a thing for collarbones, mermaid line, wrists, and a beautiful neckline. Or when I finally drew the perfect bum and it’s a frilly dress😭 No, I don’t want to hide it, but then I make my life harder by drawing skinny clothes _(:з」∠)_
On a side note, drawing long black hair can be very difficult!
It took me 40 brushes until I found the one for flowery black hair. :sweating_profusely: Actually, forget that. I still have to use at least 5 brushes to make the hair. :blob_neutral: The day I lose my pc and the access to deleted brushes in CSP assets is when I’m doomed.

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Aaaah much jealous! Your mom loved your art! Eternal longing :blob_teary: It's so precious that she loved your stick figures with square clothing! You were Spongebob's predecessor!

Holy moly yes! Everyone who was into alternative looks was a Satan worshipper apparently. :blob_awkward: People were so weird about everything back then. At least now it's getting more open and diverse. Now, if stuff like Steampunk could come in fashion... :blob_aww:

Aa an iPad huh :blob_drool: They're expensive here, I can only drool hehehe!

Mmm yeah, you hit the nail on the head - even when I was sort of siding him in that post he didn't like it. :blob_hmm: You're right that he probably has trouble expressing himself. Gotta just let the poor thing be and drop the subject. Don't think I'll ever be having a convo with him in the future either; just politely skip over his posts so he doesn't feel discomfort :blob_melt: I'll be a good mochi :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

On a side note, drawing long black hair can be very difficult! :blob_teary: Sometimes it ends up looking choppy and blocky.... always easier to draw light-haired characters, what a struggle :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
Yes, I created SpongeBob, WORSHIP ME U STAR FISHES :blob_catflip: :blob_catflip: :blob_catflip: [kidding]

Oh definetly! I hope we get to see some Steampunk looks soon! :blob_aww:

Where I live they are around 1k€, they are very expensive but the drawing pad I use was a lot cheaper (was around 80€). Sadly it doesn't come with a screen so I can't do those fancy Tik Tok art videos :blob_pout:

Exactly! :blob_sir:

I actually have a tip for that!
1623079513367.png
1623079525183.png
1623079584780.png

1623079748038.png
1623079770356.png
1623079787348.png

So, take these three images for example! When you watch animes you know all of them have black hair but you have three different ways to make black less dull!
1st image [L]: In this image, you can play with the greys section! So basically choosing a color from the left side of the panel of colors (doesn't exactly matter in which color you are, green, yellow, blue, and so on)
2nd image [Hak]: The other way is using blue tonalities! So as you see for the second picture Hak's color is very dark but is it still in the shades of blue so, when highlighting, instead of going up just like you do with the greys, you go to the northwest (right and up)!
3rd image [Jiro]: Just like in the second image, the same happens here but with the purple colors! It is basically the same concept.

Keep in mind you should NEVER use pure black or pure white in your art as it is very strong! I hope my explanation made sense(?) :blob_teary:

If you see my image on the signature you will see that in my novel's cover I used the blue tones! :blobtaco:

tiaf

Where I live they are around 1k€, they are very expensive but the drawing pad I use was a lot cheaper (was around 80€). Sadly it doesn't come with a screen so I can't do those fancy Tik Tok art videos :blob_pout:
I can’t draw with an iPad. The screen/pen nib are too hard and slippery for me and the small screen is restricting me as well as how expensive art apps are for tablets in general. Getting a touch laptop is cheaper long term. :sweat_smile:
I was always under the impression that screen tabs are the non plus ultra, but I like my current setup of 27” display and normal tablet more tbh.
The drivers work well and I can use the display for watching anime and writing too. Placing everything on my table is also easy. For screen tabs you need special holders :blob_hmm:
Ai, too much of a hassle for me. I take my tab wherever I go and plug it in the pc or connect via Bluetooth then start :blob_happy:

But don’t listen to fish. Fish’s setup was more expensive than buying an all-in-one solution in the end :blob_blank: at least it doesn’t need upgrade for the next few years

tik tok is evil and making videos is a pain in the ass

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
I can’t draw with an iPad. The screen/pen nib are too hard and slippery for me and the small screen is restricting me as well as how expensive art apps are for tablets in general. Getting a touch laptop is cheaper long term. :sweat_smile:
I was always under the impression that screen tabs are the non plus ultra, but I like my current setup of 27” display and normal tablet more tbh.
The drivers work well and I can use the display for watching anime and writing too. Placing everything on my table is also easy. For screen tabs you need special holders :blob_hmm:
Ai, too much of a hassle for me. I take my tab wherever I go and plug it in the pc or connect via Bluetooth then start :blob_happy:

But don’t listen to fish. Fish’s setup was more expensive than buying an all-in-one solution in the end :blob_blank: at least it doesn’t need upgrade for the next few years

tik tok is evil and making videos is a pain in the ass
Well, I have a computer and a drawing pad so I never thought about using both of them like that! But maybe that way ends up being cheaper perhaps!

And yes, tik tok is hell! ahahah In a way that is :blobtaco:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
//Looks at everyone's color picker
//Looks at own shoddy color picker
//Drools at everyone's nice setup

Oh no! :blob_teary: My first struggle with art is money! Hohohohoho //sad laughter :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Welp! Off I go to make scrunchies to sell :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: I'll sell pretty things so I can save up and make more pretty things~~~ OLAYYYY

Last edited:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Aha! I do have one dark blue one and a bright blue one :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy: Not my best ones though :sweating_profusely:
Be more confident in your work!! :blob_sir:

I can’t pick colors either
You can pick them better than I can! :blob_reach:
Well, I am not a color master or anything but a few tips I've learned from colors is basically that you should avoid pure colors, in this case pure white and pure black. You should also avoid very saturated colors since they kinda make your drawing very overwhelming and in some cases it actually makes you blind since they shine so bright :blob_aww: