Art Struggles

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
AHAHA I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW AHAHA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mannn! Well I don't think that needs censorship since it's not exactly the "sexual thing" / "act" and kind of just like... Very moist saliva(?) *wink wink*
Well, it went from sexual innuendo to batshit sus.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
So today I was chatting with a friend and he asked me how I felt when I was drawing art. I told him I was always frustrated because I imagined the art in a certain way but then when I finished the work it would become way different than what I had imagined due to my lack of skill.
And so... I created a meme that portraits my struggles!
And you? What do you struggle most as an artist? :blob_paint:
I thought it would be fun for my fellow artists to create some memes related to their struggles if they wanted to as well! [just a suggestion :blob_melt:]
(yes I know it is "the drawing" and not " the draw", I wrote it wrong :sweating_profusely: )
#ComeToTheArtSide:blobtaco:
View attachment 7958
Its inconsistency that I struggle with, some days I feel really satisfied with my art, other days nothing feels good. But I need to finish it, I can't just drop those wips, so I feel lethargic and unwillingness to draw. I am not a perfectionist, my expectations aren't generally high, but if I am unable to capture what's in my head, I feel very annoyed at my self.

Very cute drawing of Emilia btw! You seem very interested in drawing even though you think you can't capture what's in your head, I like this spirit!

My recent drawing commissioned by @LinMeili

AHAHA I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW AHAHA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mannn! Well I don't think that needs censorship since it's not exactly the "sexual thing" / "act" and kind of just like... Very moist saliva(?) *wink wink*
But what I mean was something more like this:
If that doesn't please you, then just do like the French artist back in the old days! They basically placed black spots (mimicking flies) on the areas they had imperfections! (I tried finding a pic but I failed, but you get my point!) :blob_aww::blobtaco:
I love the outfits in the music video
I tried
I wish to see more where more mouth NSFW show please :blobtaco:

tiaf

Its inconsistency that I struggle with, some days I feel really satisfied with my art, other days nothing feels good. But I need to finish it, I can't just drop those wips, so I feel lethargic and unwillingness to draw. I am not a perfectionist, my expectations aren't generally high, but if I am unable to capture what's in my head, I feel very annoyed at my self.

Very cute drawing of Emilia btw! You seem very interested in drawing even though you think you can't capture what's in your head, I like this spirit!

I wish to see more where more mouth NSFW show please :blobtaco:

I take reports with honor

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Sorry for not replying sooner but I've been super busy with my university exams, I barely have any time to breathe :blob_teary:

Exactly! I feel like it becomes very frustrating overall. And the worst part is that the image that I intend to create is so vivid in my mind but then my skill can't do it properly. :blob_catflip:

Thank you so much! Yeah, I love drawing. I actually bought the drawing pad when the pandemic hit Europe (in March 2020) and so I've been drawing since then. #BestPurchaseEver :blobtaco:

Omg! I love it! It is so pretty! Do you blend your shading or do you just apply gradually several layers? I still struggle a lot with my shading so I always end up using the WaterTool to blend it all out evenly. :blob_paint:

Lady Gaga is a Diva, a whole complete 5-course meal with the mood! :blob_cookie:

OllieFarthing

It's time and coloring for me. I start a drawing and I won't do anything else until it's done so it's all-encompassing and exhausting. Usually drawing my own characters is quick enough since I know their appearances by heart! But branching out? oof, so tiring. ;_;

I usually stop with lines and flat colors because I can never get shading or rendering to look quite right and the time it takes is never worth it. Eventually I'll brave it :sweat_smile: I struggle so much with coloring. Even just picking colors that look nice together is a challenge

OH AND BACKGROUNDS. i hate backgrounds..

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Inspired by you, sweety~~ :blob_aww: bless
Okay but they are so pretty! I love them so much!! ahhh You are so talented :blob_melt: :blob_melt: :blob_melt: Sugoiiiiii :blob_reach:

It's time and coloring for me. I start a drawing and I won't do anything else until it's done so it's all-encompassing and exhausting. Usually drawing my own characters is quick enough since I know their appearances by heart! But branching out? oof, so tiring. ;_;

I usually stop with lines and flat colors because I can never get shading or rendering to look quite right and the time it takes is never worth it. Eventually I'll brave it :sweat_smile: I struggle so much with coloring. Even just picking colors that look nice together is a challenge

OH AND BACKGROUNDS. i hate backgrounds..
I see! I can feel you! When I am drawing repeated characters it is easy but if it is a random character it becomes extremely hard. Backgrounds for me is quite though as well! #WeStruggle :blob_cringe::blob_cringe:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
So today I was chatting with a friend and he asked me how I felt when I was drawing art. I told him I was always frustrated because I imagined the art in a certain way but then when I finished the work it would become way different than what I had imagined due to my lack of skill.
I thought it would be fun for my fellow artists to create some memes related to their struggles if they wanted to as well! [just a suggestion :blob_melt:]
(yes I know it is "the drawing" and not " the draw", I wrote it wrong :sweating_profusely: )
View attachment 7958

My personal struggle is to continue doing it. I've spent like 2 decades self-teaching how to draw because I have no one else to do the art for my projects. But after so long, I just want to hire an artist, but I got no money to actually do so, so I gotta keep drawing and drawing. Ah, one day, I want to be a bajillionaire and finally get someone to draw for me.

But as far as actually doing the drawings, realizing it will never be as good as I want it to be because I am not dedicated as actual artist. I always say, "I'm not an artist, I just know how to draw" because that's technically true. I know what I want but I can't actually make it happen due to my lack of skills. What I really want to do is just sketch. I can do that with confidence but only because I wish someone would finish the drawing for me.

So I guess I want to be a director, not an artist.

Herz

View attachment 7958
I will drop a comment as well...

Anyway, I will share something I find super annoying. Not sure if it is just me, but I often forget to change the layers when I draw. In the end, all my layers have a mixture of line art/coloring/shading. Then it becomes a struggle to find what is drawn on which layer, especially when I have to correct or color it. :blob_facepalm::blob_neutral::sweat_smile:

tiaf

I will drop a comment as well...

Anyway, I will share something I find super annoying. Not sure if it is just me, but I often forget to change the layers when I draw. In the end, all my layers have a mixture of line art/coloring/shading. Then it becomes a struggle to find what is drawn on which layer, especially when I have to correct or color it. :blob_facepalm::blob_neutral::sweat_smile:

Stupid people, aka me, need to make duplicates before starting coloring. Or just one layer art

Herz

Stupid people, aka me, need to make duplicates before starting coloring. Or just one layer art
Exactly!
After I happily start coloring on a layer, it turns out that I have used the white brush and not the eraser on another layer. This leads to the sudden appearance of awkward white scratches, and I have to go down the layers to erase them. But, because I have lazy layering, I have to be careful not to erase the line-art or previous coloring, etc. Finally, the easiest way is to merge the layers into one-layered art, lol :blob_catflip:

JustAnotherArtist

View attachment 7958
I struggle most with consistency and posting with a consistent art style