Art Struggles

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Be more confident in your work!! :blob_sir:
What is confidence? Can you eat it? It usually vanishes the moment I post stuff online 👁👄👁
I’m proud of my nsfw-trash I do in the middle of the night, but umm, makes me susfishious.
Well, I am not a color master or anything but a few tips I've learned from colors is basically that you should avoid pure colors, in this case pure white and pure black. You should also avoid very saturated colors since they kinda make your drawing very overwhelming and in some cases it actually makes you blind since they shine so bright :blob_aww:
But me likes my unrealistic saturated light and black :blob_teary:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
What is confidence? Can you eat it? It usually vanishes the moment I post stuff online 👁👄👁
I’m proud of my nsfw-trash I do in the middle of the night, but umm, makes me susfishious.

But me likes my unrealistic saturated light and black :blob_teary:
So same ahaha But it is true. I lack a lot of confidence in my works but I am gradually improving on it. Just appreciating one thing at a time you know?

And it is quite alright if you are going for a more obscure painting or even a neon type of painting but overall it would look better and smoother if you used non-saturated/pure colors. But hey, you are the Picasso so YOLO! :blobtaco: :blob_aww:

EternalSunset0

Haha, I can relate.

I think what was meant by that is being able to at least not feel embarrassed by your work. You don't have to be super confident that it's the best thing ever or something. Just being able to put it out there and say something like "oh hey, I did this? Not bad..." should be fine enough.

Also helps if you can post your art somewhere where there are people who would at least support you. The smallest validation goes a long way, as experience tells me. Even if it's mediocre art, as long as one person would be there to appreciate it or applaud your effort while giving you tips for improvement, it can be such a great feeling.

Reminds me of this thing I had stored. I can't speak for everyone, since all of us have different goals, but I feel that this mindset helps alleviate possible anxiety for me. Just replace the writing with drawing hahaha.

10433118_664347023649397_7620982651792125165_n.jpg

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
It's always a struggle to believe in ourselves! You try not to but sometimes your mind just goes into, "are they just being nice?" mode... :sweating_profusely:

EternalSunset0

You try not to but sometimes your mind just goes into, "are they just being nice?" mode... :sweating_profusely:
But I think that's not bad at all! Even if the other person's just being nice, I feel that at least the other person exerted some effort to make you feel good, even if they're not completely honest with it.

That being said, genuine compliments are much more appreciated.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
But I think that's not bad at all! Even if the other person's just being nice, I feel that at least the other person exerted some effort to make you feel good, even if they're not completely honest with it.

That being said, genuine compliments are much more appreciated.
Daww! You're always such a sweetheart about things! Much love~ :blob_aww::blob_uwu:

EternalSunset0

Yeah, people irl can be intimidating!
Plus I don't trust my own visual cues/actions/voice and such to not make the scenes awkward or out of nowhere.

It feels that on forums like this, you can just chime in and talk but irl, you'd probably look awkward approaching someone who doesn't even know you. I dunno if it's that way or I'm just awkward irl. Doesn't matter either way lol

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Plus I don't trust my own visual cues/actions/voice and such to not make the scenes awkward or out of nowhere.

It feels that on forums like this, you can just chime in and talk but irl, you'd probably look awkward approaching someone who doesn't even know you. I dunno if it's that way or I'm just awkward irl. Doesn't matter either way lol
Yeah, I don't think any of us would really dare just chime in on a convo irl. On top of making things awkward it would just look like we've been eavesdropping and that's never cool! Forums are great that way! Always a place to talk about something!:blob_melt:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Also helps if you can post your art somewhere where there are people who would at least support you. The smallest validation goes a long way, as experience tells me. Even if it's mediocre art, as long as one person would be there to appreciate it or applaud your effort while giving you tips for improvement, it can be such a great feeling.
I definitely agree! I feel it is even easier to actually continue working on a drawing or any kind of artistic work if there is some praise of some kind! I used to find myself very unmotivated but I realized that every time someone would compliment my work I would be like... LET'S DO MORE! :blob_aww:

Yeah, I don't think any of us would really dare just chime in on a convo irl. On top of making things awkward it would just look like we've been eavesdropping and that's never cool! Forums are great that way! Always a place to talk about something!:blob_melt:
This is actually the first forum I entered and so far I am loving the community! Even though I am a very extroverted person in real life (I don't really have a lot of problems in talking with people, I mean) I feel very comfy in here :blob_melt::blob_melt: <- Me in here

EternalSunset0

I definitely agree! I feel it is even easier to actually continue working on a drawing or any kind of artistic work if there is some praise of some kind! I used to find myself very unmotivated but I realized that every time someone would compliment my work I would be like... LET'S DO MORE! :blob_aww:
Relate on a spiritual level.

This is actually the first forum I entered and so far I am loving the community! Even though I am a very extroverted person in real life (I don't really have a lot of problems in talking with people, I mean) I feel very comfy in here :blob_melt::blob_melt: <- Me in here
Glad you're liking it. It's far from the first one, but this is one of the forums that I remained kinda active in for so long. Around half a year now.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
New struggle: everything turns nsfw :blob_neutral:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Mmm yeah! It's slow and easy, isn't it? :blob_uwu: I'm pretty extroverted too irl, but when it comes to convos and discussion... yeah, you're right, this forum hits the spot~

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Mmm yeah! It's slow and easy, isn't it? :blob_uwu: I'm pretty extroverted too irl, but when it comes to convos and discussion... yeah, you're right, this forum hits the spot~
Glad you're liking it. It's far from the first one, but this is one of the forums that I remained kinda active in for so long. Around half a year now.
Indeed! People are so friendly and welcoming :blobtaco:

New struggle: everything turns nsfw :blob_neutral:
Just be like Lady Gaga, place a stripe on it and you're good to go! :blob_aww:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
AHAHA I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW AHAHA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mannn! Well I don't think that needs censorship since it's not exactly the "sexual thing" / "act" and kind of just like... Very moist saliva(?) *wink wink*
But what I mean was something more like this:
If that doesn't please you, then just do like the French artist back in the old days! They basically placed black spots (mimicking flies) on the areas they had imperfections! (I tried finding a pic but I failed, but you get my point!) :blob_aww::blobtaco: