What do you do for a living?

Vnator

I'm an Electronic Engineering Tech, just no jobs for that here that I can do and I gotta feed my kids and have money for hobbies so I'm back in college for Business Administration (with a focus on Accounting).
Fair warning, some mba specializations only have careers where you're expected to not have kids or a life and work like 16-20+ hours a day. I've heard horror stories from my dad who knew a lot of people who specialized in that. Just make sure your specialization has careers with reasonable hours before jumping further into it :)

J_Chemist

I stack bodies. Except the world is full of pansies that do nothing but talk smack, complain, bitch and moan, and point fingers at each other like toddlers. No one wants to throw hands anymore.

So in reality I stare at paint, look at Instagram reels, and siphon my country's tax dollars straight into my hobbies.
I typed this out and now I've been on an internal rant for the last hour.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE EDGED, FOR 10 YEARS? 10 YEARS, I WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETHING WITH MY HANDS, PLEASE.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Fair warning, some mba specializations only have careers where you're expected to not have kids or a life and work like 16-20+ hours a day. I've heard horror stories from my dad who knew a lot of people who specialized in that. Just make sure your specialization has careers with reasonable hours before jumping further into it :)
Ty for the warning! I'm not going into MBA (as I honestly don't think I'd have the patience for that much schooling) but looking into getting my CPA certification after I have some money saved up. My current plan is to be in a bookkeeper-type role for a small local business or as a sales person for an electronic supplier and go from there. =]

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm a mom.

I used to edit lots of novels, and now I'm overseeing the completion of one last project. After that, I'm going to be done for a long time. I could pick it up again if I ever find the time, but right now parenting is my job.

overclockedw

I work at a family business (retail store), alongside going to college. Not going to lie, it sucks ass. I work every day, monday-sunday from 7am to 11pm, and I rarely, if ever get breaks. I walk to places such as the bank for the business, go on supply runs, sweep and mop the shop, keep shelves packed, restock all drink fridges, keep ice machines running with water and emptied, etc etc etc.

All of this is by myself, with very little to no help.

Because it's a family business I don't even get properly paid. I don't have the privacy of my own room, and because the business is ran out of the front of our house, there is no work life/home life separation. I'm essentially always at work, even when I'm "home". And my "boss", who is my mother's boyfriend is THAT kind of guy. You know, the one who thinks you're a lazy piece of crap because you don't have an infinite energy glitch in life.

It sucks, and I'm not joking when I say that writing, as difficult as it can be sometimes, is the only reason why I'm still sane.

I'm looking forward to graduating college and hopefully getting a job AWAY from my house and family.

Alski

I just walk in to what ever house i want and go *meow meow* if they feed me i stay for a while.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I stack bodies. Except the world is full of pansies that do nothing but talk smack, complain, bitch and moan, and point fingers at each other like toddlers. No one wants to throw hands anymore.

So in reality I stare at paint, look at Instagram reels, and siphon my country's tax dollars straight into my hobbies.
And here I thought you were a body builder or physical trainer.

AYM

☯️Seeking the McRib Stage☯️
But I am actually not as big as one might thing. Not big or cut enough to be a BB.
J_Chemist who sent this post:

nemonusquam_

Currently unemployed. I help at the family farm when needed, while spending my hours learning to code and writing my story. JavaScript is kicking my ass, by the way. 🥲

SurfAngel_1031

Are you a student? do you work somewhere? or are you a NEET?
I used to be a NEET until i started writing and earning money from it, but i still feel like one TBH, my lifestyle hasn't changed outside of now being able to have my own money and not leeching off my parents...
but what do YOU do? i feel like everyone here is a student for some reason, i hope not, any fellow adult people???
I own a sand and gravel company. I haven't been a student in well over 20 years. I can't leech off anyone, both my parents have passed into a new realm. I run a business and go surfing most days. Beyond that I think up things to do with vampires.