Gatcha/miHoYo Games

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I hate all of them but genshin, because genshin's story progresses more
Genshin is too greedy. Azure Lane is the way to go. Has more waifus as well, and different artstyle.
Those several hours do prove you like it

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
So now aside from watching a bunch of sweaty male run after a ball, you also waste your money trying to get the correct male to complete your team?
Now there are also sweaty females.

Oh yeah I need to rep Limbus company here. It is the best gacha I have ever played, bar none. Banger music. Absolutely peak fiction. I mean it, the players thought it was already peak cinema four chapters ago and somehow the devs always find away to top the last one. By the time this reaches EoS every player will achieve enlightenment, manifest EGO, turn into the primordial human and meet Ayin.

Only disadvantage is that it's a gacha... and it's a gacha. BUT you can literally treat it as a Visual Novel and not pull for the gacha at all. There isn't a single character that isn't a husbando or waifu. Scratch that, Husbando AND Waifu. Just look at my bbgirl Gregor.
:blob_hmm_two:
As I already mentioned, it seems interesting. It's on my Steam wishlist. We'll see if I find the time.
Your waifu is... how should I put it... unique.

It still seems like a game that stands out from the crowd, and that intrigues me. Also, from what I understand, it draws inspiration from Dante's Inferno, which is always a great setting to draw from.
This thread was created to discuss Gacha games and how much we all hate love them. For the most part, I just want to get the discussion out of the SHHS thread.
Generally, I try to stay away from gachas.
I have an old-school mentality; I buy a game and don't want to spend any more money on it, as I barely tolerate DLCs and skins.

I despise gambling, but as long as it's limited or involves no money, it can be acceptable.
My self-imposed rule is that I play these games as long as I can without spending. If I find the game truly deserving, and recognize that it has entertained/amused me, I'm willing to spend a maximum equivalent to the cost of a new game, which is 50 euros.
That's the maximum budget I set for myself, and I rarely reach it.

A gacha that has entertained me a lot is Path to Nowhere (although I've never spent any money on it). I've also played a bit of Fate and Final Fantasy Record Keeper.
Now, I'm playing Honkai Star Rail, encouraged by my forum family, but I don't think I'll spend any money.

Do card games count as gachas? I think so. I've played Shadowverse, Zenonzard, and Magic The Gathering Arena.
Oh yes, I also have NIKKE installed on my phone, but I think I'll uninstall it.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
DEAR GOD, NOT THE HEADNOD SPAM HERE TOO!?

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Mihoyo has a really interesting story too. From humble beginnings of 3 collage drop out guys who wanted to make an Anime like game, to now becoming one of the worlds biggest gaming companies. Mihoyo's story has A LOT of ups and downs like the failure of Honkai Gakuen 1, the Gamble that is Honkai Impact 3rd and their biggest breakthrough game that is Starail and Genshin.

reverse 99 has pretty good story and is f2p friendly enough

2024-04-16_15-25-36.jpg

2024-04-16_15-26-08.jpg

2024-04-16_15-26-31.jpg

but yeah the gameplay was kinda boring to me. i pretty much just auto most part if i could and just stayed for the story.

well the best part about it is that it doesn't really take much of my time for dailies.

MatchaChocolate69

I'll play gatcha games but I only play the first bit where they give a bunch of stuff for free. After it slows down or there's a pay wall I just quit and move onto the next one
Good approach.
reverse 99 has pretty good story and is f2p friendly enough
I was quite interested in this game. The visual novel style is my favorite and I like the art.

Mihoyo has a really interesting story too. From humble beginnings of 3 collage drop out guys who wanted to make an Anime like game, to now becoming one of the worlds biggest gaming companies. Mihoyo's story has A LOT of ups and downs like the failure of Honkai Gakuen 1, the Gamble that is Honkai Impact 3rd and their biggest breakthrough game that is Starail and Genshin.
A story worth writing a book about. They are proof that originality is overrated.

MatchaChocolate69

This is NOT what I meant when I said I wanted clara
View attachment 28065
A starting point... :blob_blank: Isn't that the cone for Clara?

BTW, Dan Heng is better for Acheron than March, I found out. I don't have any debuffers yet, and Dan Heng applies some. Acheron shines with debuffing because her ultimate charges for every debuff applied to enemies. :blob_evil:

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
A starting point... :blob_blank: Isn't that the cone for Clara?
Yeah... But I can already buy her lightcone, can't do that with the character. Oh well, I can get Bronya's lightcone instead or something
BTW, Dan Heng is better for Acheron than March, I found out. I don't have any debuffers yet, and Dan Heng applies some. Acheron shines with debuffing because her ultimate charges for every debuff applied to enemies. :blob_evil:
Oh I didn't his SPD reduction counts as a debuff... though doesn't March Freeze on her ult?

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Played Genshin. Beat the prologue. Uninstalled. That's my experience.