gaylolis
gaylolis
me who mostly use freewares: interesting
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
I won't tell anyone if you don't.
gogo7966
gogo7966
the labor of any worker is already (under)paid for long before the consumer even are able to buy the product
Minx
Minx
You got me in the first half not gonna lie
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
How would you feel if you spent a lot of time creating something only for a single person or organization copied it and started giving it away for free and/or allowing people to borrow it? ... I just described libraries... Huh
Just don’t let them do it before you
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@Paul_Tromba
I almost laughed at this. Almost. Then I realized I can't find my library card.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
That's why you just get a new one. costs like two dollars and then you can read all the books you want. Or you can just steal them from Barnes and noble like everyone else. they have excellent deals where you buy two then steal one.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@Paul_Tromba
Nah, library card replacements are 10 bucks now. And lol steal from Barnes & Nobles, can't do that anymore. All of the ones I can reach within driving distance are fitted with new fancy detectors that scan the book to see if its been checked at the desk. It uses the same technology that makes it so phone-minutes cards don't work unless scanned by a cashier.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@Paul_Tromba
The only way I could get by this is to rip the front cover or back cover, or both, off of the book so the detectors have nothing to scan as I pass. Problem is, I treasure books far more than I do people so I'd sooner tear someone's arms off than damage ANY book, even bad ones, in that way. I would feel less guilt too, I think.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Fair enough. I can't stand destroying books either. Though is it really $10 to replace a library card now? That's wack!
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@Paul_Tromba I grew up in Brooklyn, NYC. I know its only five bucks in North Carolina where I lived for a couple of years, but in NYC, its 10 bucks yeah.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
living in NYC is already a mistake if you aren't a yuppie
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Yeah, I lived in North Carolina for the first 12 years of my life. Now I'm in Illinois for some reason. though I used to live in Iowa and the fee for a new card from my local library was only $2. However, the price went up if you had lost it repeatedly.