Scribble Hub Forum

Aoibh
Aoibh
@T.K._Paradox ‘This makes me believe you speak with a Bri'ish accent’ since you dropped the ‘T’ I guess you only talking about one British accent, which is in the English accent region.
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
@Aoibh Once upon a time, I would have been like "Because American English improved upon the original", but nowadays I just snort and continue making my plans to move to Wales.
Aoibh
Aoibh
Lol
T.K._Paradox
T.K._Paradox
@Aoibh I am American, and I have a Michigander accent. Though with how I articulate my words I sometimes sound like I have a Trans-Atlantic accent, like the radio broadcasters from the 1930s. But either way, if you were to speak to me in real life, I would sound sort of nasally but have a very smooth and clear voice.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
@SilvCrimBlac I aspire to move to Iceland or Ireland. So we're in a similar boat.
Aoibh
T.K._Paradox
T.K._Paradox
@Aoibh is there something you don't understand?
Aoibh
Aoibh
I quoted your text :P
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
@Paul_Tromba @T.K._Paradox
Detroit born and raised, but I'm told I sound like a southerner because I spent years in Northern Virginia and for whatever reason, the accent I gained there never left. So now people don't believe I lived and grew up in Detroit.
Aoibh
Aoibh
I’m a real British bread person :blob_sleep:
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
So I want to go to Wales and make like the most Welsh Welshman that ever Welsh'd. Will learn Welsh on Duolingo. It's currently free.
Aoibh
Aoibh
You do know most of wales speaks english?
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
@Aoibh I want to go to Glamorgan or Pembrokeshire, which besides Gwynedd, (specifically Snowdonia though all of Gwynedd still), are where the most Brythonic/Cymru speakers live.
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
That, and I just would like to learn the native language of a region I aspire to basically assimilate into you know? Plenty of people move into other people's countries and refuse to learn their language and I find that an arrogant thing to do. Don't want to be a hypocrite.
Aoibh
Aoibh
There is more welsh speakers in patagonia than wales. Wales has been apart of England for like 500 years, You wont be classed as arrogant for speaking english there :P
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
Patagonia? That's a....weird claim. Didn't think Welsh was a big thing in the lower half of South America XD
Or even a thing at all.
Aoibh
Aoibh
You should book a guide for hiking and mine delving if you ever have a short visit before you move fully, wales has a lot of mines and its pretty fun to having a day in one, but ican be dangerous because there is a lot of water in there. And mount snowdon can be really windy it takes like 7-8hrs to get up there and down the other side. I did this one I was a child.
Aoibh
Aoibh
Yeah there is a settlement there from like 1800s
SilvCrimBlac
SilvCrimBlac
I hiked in the Blue Ridge Mountains, which are much higher and far more rugged than Snowdonia. An Irish friend of mine from Connacht was with me at Mount Mitchell where we hiked and even he told me it is a rough place to tackle and Snowdonia was much easier.