Scribble Hub Forum

Laeyioun
Laeyioun
Well, to add, not like an infection that happened in Planet of the Apes. That was scary.
Devils.Advocate
Devils.Advocate
What sort of different path?
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
we technically are clean looking monkeys rn
Maple-Leaf
Maple-Leaf
Funny to assume “we” are all clean.
NotYourTypicalMan
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_reach: Unlikely. They lack sweating and our thumbs. Also apes aren't made for walking.
Laeyioun
Laeyioun
Let's just say it happened, science in the trash and all. I'd find it funny, and if we followed the same path then all of us would be technically the leader of all monkeys, and the rulers of the animal kingdom. There would be racism of course, and war for supremacy against other monkeys - possibly the less intelligent monkeys seeking to usurp our positions if the stimulus 'we' provide as smarter monkeys strong enough
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_melt: But we are already the leaders of all monkeys, and the rulers of the animal kingdom. We climbed Darwin's ladder fair and squarely.
Laeyioun
Laeyioun
I mean, if we evolved in a way that our appearances aren't different from normal monkeys. Having hair all over the body, primate biology, noisy voices, and varying physical conditions and faces depending on the evolution. Homosapiens monkey-looking version if you will. Humanity rocks though, but we are also the most invasive species out there in a certain sense.
Devils.Advocate
Devils.Advocate
I am not a biologist, so I am not sure how likely would monkeys developing the glottal stop. but without it, spoken language will be difficult... can replace it with telepathy, or sign lang. I suppose.

but language, in theory, encourage civilization and increase brain cap. to trade that for a tail...hmm interesting. Generally marsupials are smaller that great apes...hmm. so smaller houses...