F
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• >tfw instead of writing, I'm playing Genshin Impact instead. And by playing, I mean reading the ingame books. What is this, an Elder Scrolls game?
    And now, I'm taking the plunge into Genshin Impact. I thought I would never play a gacha game, but here I am.
    gaylolis
    gaylolis
    meanwhile i'm too peasant to even run it on my PC :D /
    Help I'm suddenly inspired to write ahead in the story and not for the next chapter. And I never write backwards before.
    D
    Deleted member 29316
    Slow down and take the 'boring' chapter bit by bit, until you manage to finish it. :s_wink:

Another way is to don't write it for a while, like Maple-Leaf said. Write the chapter you're inspired for now, and then go back when you finally get the urge to do it. Just don't forget to 'adjust' some events so as to avoid inconsistencies.
    D
    Deleted member 5560
    I say go for it! Follow the inspiration while you have it. I used to try to write sequentially when I got these urges but I just ended up hitting walls with what I was writing and then I forgot what I was inspired to write for the later parts. Anyway, chances are you'll have to edit it as you come back around to it anyway to retrofit things smoothly into it's flow so think of it as a writing exercise if nothing else.
    F
    ForestDweller
    Well, I choose to write the later chapter first. It's an important flashback, while the next chapter is just filler about the MC progressing towards the next plot point.

I usually am not that excited to write chapters like that, unfortunately.
    Currently three hours into the first Trails game. It's like I'm playing a novel with how much talking there is. In fact, the comedy is straight from something you'd find in a light novel.
    Reactions: Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Three hours isn't nearly enough to get a full feel of the game.
    '-'
    Hope you're enjoying it, though.
    *loves the Trails games*

X
    F
    ForestDweller
    I'm playing Genshin Impact instead. I'm just not taken by the characters and story.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    QwQ

...x...
    Wow, a reader of mine just says he won't mind having one of the MC's future harem member sleep around with other people first. I'm surprised.
    Sometimes I have these dark ideas in my head that I would like to write about. But people generally don't like to see the MC or his harem suffer.
    A
    averagewriter
    You should write whatever you like. In a previous chapter I wrote, I had someone beat the f*ck out of the MC. So much so that even I as the author felt some sympathy for him. He has yet to recover till the last chapter I wrote. 🤕.
    *Rip*
    I just learned what inverted nipples are. Oh wow, that's really weird.
    I wish the Glossary doesn't just delete an item without a confirmation window. Because I just accidentally deleted a spell list, and God knows how bothersome it is to go through my story and gather all the info up again.
    Saileri
    Saileri
    Not having something in at least 3 other places :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy: :blob_joy:
    F
    ForestDweller
    Google Drive/Doc is enough. :s_tongue:
    Maple-Leaf
    Maple-Leaf
    hah pathetic, you don't write only on ScribbleHub so that if this place were to self destruct one day you'd lose all evidence of progress and effort you've put in for an extended period of time?
    God, I'm jealous of new stories that can get 2k views right away. I don't even know how they do that. It took me like six months and 375k words to get that amount of constant views. Only got like 100 to 200 views per day when I first started out.
    Sushirollw
    Sushirollw
    Title bait, cover bait and tags. That's it :blob_popcorn:
    Discount_Blade
    Discount_Blade
    Yep. Have a cover wit big ol titties and it's a done deal. People are easily swayed that way. I've been able to resist though since I find a lot of those stories, not all but many with "cover-bait" aren't written very well. That and the plot often starts petering out after the first or second round of lewding concludes
    Maple-Leaf
    Maple-Leaf
    *cries in 800 views*

I'm jealous of the people who can write new stories that get 2k views right away.
    You know you're running out of steam when your update speed is slowing down without any IRL reason.
    Maple-Leaf
    Maple-Leaf
    Dems da breaks, man.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Maybe take a short break from writing so you can recharge?
    I'm sure your readers won't mind slower updates as long as you're still enjoying what you're writing.

X
    Maple-Leaf
    Maple-Leaf
    Yeah, your own mental state is most important, and if you let your ideas brew for a while, you can come up with a great chapter to end your hiatus.
    So, is changing your story cover every new volume a common thing around here? I know some story does it. Might be useful for my story that has a new main girl every new volume.
    Reactions: Nahrenne
    Saileri
    Saileri
    I also thought about that idea since it fits my story perfectly, so I came up with a rotational cover design and may execute it in the future. Just have in mind, it's not free, it will cost you a lot to have switching covers. Unless you make them yourself.
    HJ
    HJ
    I wish I could change my story cover. But as it stands, I am no artist, just a scribe. :blob_pat_sad:
    F
    ForestDweller
    Same...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…