Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Claryie

Alastair continued his journey towards the receptionist desk, his focus now firmly set on his task of registering with the adventurer's guild. As he passed by the Sharkfolk who seemed to be going out of the guild, he became distracted for a moment, but he soon snapped out of it when he caught sight of the receptionist desk.

Yes, this was the place, the place where he could make his initial step towards his ambitious journey. It could no longer be delayed, now that he had found the right place to begin.

Alastair approached the receptionist at the desk and asked them with strict, cold eyes.
"I would like to sign up for the adventurer's guild. How shall I proceed?" he asked

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Alastair continued his journey towards the receptionist desk, his focus now firmly set on his task of registering with the adventurer's guild. As he passed by the Sharkfolk who seemed to be going out of the guild, he became distracted for a moment, but he soon snapped out of it when he caught sight of the receptionist desk.

Yes, this was the place, the place where he could make his initial step towards his ambitious journey. It could no longer be delayed, now that he had found the right place to begin.

Alastair approached the receptionist at the desk and asked them with strict, cold eyes.
"I would like to sign up for the adventurer's guild. How shall I proceed?" he asked
The receptionist nodded with pleasant surprise, he handed Alastair a contract, "Please sign here."
By signing this paper you agree to be a part of the Adventurer's Guild.
You can sign up for any quest you want, but if there is a quest requiring your specialty.
By joining, your rights are protected by the Adventurer's Guild with full support on matters relating to the quests you signed up for. However, anything stated outside of the quest, we cannot help you with.
"Usually, people just say they want to do a quest and just rip it out of the quest board."

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
In the interest of a non-existent game balance, our Lord DM, @Raymann has decided to give everyone a [Stat Boosting Package]!

What does it do? Well remember when your base stat total is 50? Yeah, it's supposed to be 69 now. Nice. Everyone now has an extra 19 points to freely distribute among their stats.

Additionally, if you didn't already apply any racial bonuses to your character, you may apply them with this package.

PS: Individual stats may only be raised to a maximum of 18 with this package.

Later, I'll be introducing a way to finally purchase class features. And maybe a beginner dungeon players can take on solo, if I feel like it.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
PS: Individual stats may only be raised to a maximum of 18 with this package.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
If you ignore that, I will rig your next encounter >_<. Don't worry, it's just gonna be with a group of bandits. And there will even be a funny song in the background called "god shattering star", don't think much of it.
Tbf, I'd have better luck against a swarm of bandits than a grumpy old guy who needs a CHA check to tell me a secret.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Now... should I increase Mabel's stats from 10->15 or do I bump her INT and WIS to a 10 so she becomes smort?

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Now... should I increase Mabel's stats from 10->15 or do I bump her INT and WIS to a 10 so she becomes smort?
If I can't have 20, you can't have less than 8. :blob_teehee:

Oh wait, the current version says 2.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
ghan the dumb hunter is somehow smarter than a construct so yes please
A lot of constructs are literally "no thoughts, head empty".

+Mabel isn't a construct, considering she has a CON score, can be healed and eats leftover food to sustain herself. Heck, I dunno what her race is even supposed to give her.

Claryie

With a flash of hesitation, Alastair's eyes darted over the contract for a moment, before he finally gave a nod and signed it with the flourish of his quill pen. The smile offered by the receptionist in return warmed his heart, albeit briefly, as he did not want to let his goal falter.

Turning away from the office, Alastair paused a moment, contemplating the list of available quests in front of him.

Last edited:

Lostinthecause

With a flash of hesitation, Alastair's eyes darted over the contract for a moment, before he finally gave a nod and signed it with the flourish of his quill pen. The smile offered by the receptionist in return warmed his heart, albeit briefly, as he did not want to let his goal falter.

Turning away from the office, Alastair paused a moment, contemplating the list of available quests in front of him. While some were rather mundane, others, such as tracking down the lost artifact of Baron Dieter, seemed to have caught his eye...

Ripping off the quest from the board, Alastair head back to the receptionist and gave it to her.
The receptionist, asks, "Which quest are you taking?"

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly

Turning away from the office, Alastair paused a moment, contemplating the list of available quests in front of him. While some were rather mundane, others, such as tracking down the lost artifact of Baron Dieter, seemed to have caught his eye...

Ripping off the quest from the board, Alastair head back to the receptionist and gave it to her.
I can't seem to find the quest related to Baron Dieter in the guild thread. Where did you find it?

Lostinthecause

Advaya was bored as he yawned in Mr.Stoner's forge was little empty he sighed and looked at the time, then suddenly surge of people started to walk towards his shop. They suddenly sold out of the inventory, 17, 6, 12, 14, 11, 10.
Seeing the store empty Mr. Stoner gave the rest of the day off to Advaya, then he moved to Guild looking for his mates, but they weren't there, he only saw a young man with raven hair looking at the receptionist, he walked up to him and asked, "You got a team?" @Claryie

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Y'all, [Skill Trainers] just dropped, you can stop being weakling skilless peasants now.

Guildinggston is home to many retired, veteran adventurers; more often than not they live a peaceful life with not much action and a lot of idle time. To support the guild’s agenda of “helping out the newbies”, some of these adventurers volunteer to help aspiring adventurers learn the ropes of whatever trade they prefer.

Though they are unpaid, they do charge a hefty sum for teaching adventurers beyond the basics.

If you have at least 5 skills, and are not an enemy of Guildinggston town, you may become a trainer here. Players may choose to learn skills you have at 70% of the original price, the full payment will go directly to you.

(Skills granted by the major gods do count towards the 5-skill requirement, but they can not be taught to other players.)

You may purchase a lesson from a trainer to learn a [Skill]. The first lesson comes free of charge and has no minimum quest requirements.

You have 6 Available [Skill Slots] to freely equip and unequip [Skills] from.
This will most likely change a lot going forward, but that's the currently set limit. Skills granted by major gods such as [Absolute Stealth] DO NOT take up a slot.

Now, what are skills?

Skills are essentially class features
. Their price and minimum requirements scale with the level you’d usually obtain them in DnD.

For now, we only support buying class features up to fifth level, refer to this table.

If you exclusive buy skills from only a single class, you gain a 50% discount in gp. If you exclusively buy skills from one type of trainer, you get a 25% discount in gp

About ASIs
You may notice that in DnD, classes offer Ability Score Improvements. Here, you can get an ASI every 6 lessons you buy from a trainer. Buying features from [Fighter] count as 1.5 lessons towards your next ASI, and features from [Rogue] count as 1.25 lessons. Rounded down.

About Spellcasting

The first time you train in a [Spellcasting Class], you get a focus related to the class. So if you train in Warlock skills, you get a [Warlock Focus]. These are empowered by the amount of skills you have related to that focus.
Essentially, this is a way to "lock in" what spell slots you have and your spellcasting modifier if you have multiple spellcasting classes.
This is a temporary feature, in the future, spellcasting may essentially forgo trainers altogether and have its own resources to progress

But DMs, what if I buy [Skills] that are redundant?

Prime example of this is many classes having their own versions of [Unarmored Defense]. In this case, if you take Unarmored Defense from [Monk], [Barbarian] and [Bladesinger Wizard]. It can turn the three [Skills] into something like this:

[Unarmored Defense]
At the end of a long rest, choose between your Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier.

While not wearing armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your chosen modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
So if you feel like the effects of two features you want to buy overlap and want to make some sort of "Combo Skill", feel free to ask the DMs! By DMs, I mean @Cipiteca396 , that person is the one going down this rabbit hole.

With that, here are the trainers:
Name: Vola

Race: Half-orc, Female

Alignment: Lawful Good

Class: Barbarian(Path of the Berserker)

Appearance: 8-feet tall, her muscles radiate with overwhelming power. Face is rather ugly (by human standards, above average by orc standards). Also, she's flat.

Personality: Gentle and Friendly to others. Well-spoken and elegant... at least outside of combat.

STR: Extraordinarily High

DEX: Below Average

CON: Very High

INT: Average

WIS: Above Average

CHA: Moderately Below Average

Info: Once known in her home tribe as “The Font of Power”, she left her village on a journey, disliking the uncivilized and barbaric lifestyle of orcs (despite enjoying the act of battle). Her adventures have led her to settle down, living a happy and fulfilled life with her dwarven husband.

Teaching method: Vola does not believe in pushing people under her to their absolute limit. She lowers her strength and intensity down to the level of her trainee, and only escalates when the other party does so first. Of course, it can be quite frustrating to see someone adapt to everything you do so quickly.

Although she mostly sticks to a primal way of fighting, Vola is a savant who has learned many different techniques on her journey. She is able to teach adventurers [Fighter], [Monk] and [Barbarian] skills, including the related subclasses.

After training with her for three times, you learn to bottle up and control your anger, unleashing it in a [Frenzied Blow]

[Frenzied Blow]

Once per event, you may make a single melee weapon attack as a bonus action. You may only make this attack using Strength. This attack deals an additional 2 damage.
Additionally, any physical damage you take during the turn you use this skill is halved(this stacks additively with other effects).

Name: David Cornsfield

Race: Human, Male

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Sorcerer(Wild Magic Origin)

Appearance: Rather Average height for a human. Plain face, but well-dressed. Always wears glasses that glint when he shifts them.

Personality: Cold and professional. Though he complies with his duties and helps out adventurers when he sees them.

STR: Average

DEX: Below Average

CON: Very High

INT: Above Average

WIS: Moderately High

CHA: Very High

Info: In his childhood, he was a friendly man that liked to mingle with others, however a wild surge of magic changed something deep within his body. Randomly, the magic in his body often surges and leads into absurd situations, like suddenly becoming a potted plant. To avoid this embarrassment, he uses his professional demeanor as an excuse to extricate himself from social situations when his magic surges up.

Teaching method: His “method” is less actual teaching and more like levying his vast number of resources to brute-force you into being better at magic.

Ancient tomes with arcane knowledge for [Wizards], artifacts that awaken a [Sorcerer]'s innate magic, rituals to strengthen a [Warlock]'s bonds with minor gods. He locks an adventurer inside a room with these items until something happens. Occasionally coming in to provide meals and answer questions. Unless you're a [Druid], then he just sends you to a pocket dimension with a wrinkly old man that teaches you everything you need to know. He also has a comprehensive list of resources for anyone who wants to take subclasses related to the magical disciplines.

After three ‘lessons’, being around so many magical artifacts somehow made you magical as well. Thankfully, unlike David, you can unleash this magic in a [Controlled Surge]

[Controlled Surge]

Thrice per event, as a bonus action, you may roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a magical effect. If you are a sorcerer with the wild magic origin, you may instead use this skill to reroll the table.

Name: Lord Shadowbayne Morgenstar, the Obliterator of the Night (Birth Name: Mittens)

Race: Tabaxi(?) “Thewe is onwy misewy and suffewing.” (When asked about what's in their pants)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Rogue (Assassin)

Appearance: Rather short, at around 4 feet tall. Donning a cloak as black as the darkest of nights (according to them), it obscures most of their features. Though bits of fur stick out on occasions, so people can tell they’re likely a tabaxi.

STR: An asswassin dwoes nyot nweed bwuwte fowce.

DEX: Being fastew than wight is misewabwe, fow you awe onwy suwwounded by dawknyess

CON: Who *screeches* nyeeds i-it when you don’t take hits?!!

INT: I knyow the x3 most a-a-ancient and fowbidden secwets that c-can endangew the x3 wowwd.

WIS: I have a miwwennyia of expewience t-to dwaw fwom.

CHA: My chawms c-can w-woo any OwO man ow (・`ω´・) woman, but I am nyot intewested in things as dwoww as cawnyaw pweasuwe.

Info: Their family was slaughtered in front of their own eyes, their entire village burned down within a night. They are out to kill the perpetrator and avenge the fallen, and somehow leaning in the corner of the adventurer’s guild is essential to this. They often spout nonsense about how the world is unfair or how the gods have abandoned them, speaking in a weird way and ending sentences in “uwu” or “owo”.

Teaching method: Despite all the horrendous things displayed above, Mittens is actually a competent teacher and a genius rogue. They will point out each and every one of your mistakes with pinpoint accuracy, as well as how to correct them… right after a 1-hour lecture of how your strength is inadequate, pride is useless and why the world is an unfair place where the strong prey on the weak.

While mittens is mainly a [Rogue], they also know the trades of a [Ranger]. They are privy to the many tricks rogues and rangers from all walks of life employ, so do not worry about subclasses.

After 3 grueling lectures, Mittens decides that you are ‘owothwy’ enough to learn the ultimate technique [Killing Blow].

[Killing Blow]
Once per event, you may use this skill on a creature that does not see you. You make an attack roll at an advantage. The attack counts as a critical hit, and deals an extra 1d6 damage (2d6 if you are a rogue). After making this attack, you may immediately disengage. If you are not an assassin, you gain a level of exhaustion due to the mental strain Mittens has permanently inflicted on you.

Bonus: Various members of the guild are offering up a reward of 100gp for anyone that manages to punch Mittens in the face. This is a DC40 in Dexterity. Obviously, this is impossible, so you have to figure out some way to distract them or otherwise reduce the difficulty. Rogue tricks like [Absolute Stealth] do not work, for they are also blessed by the shadows.

As the church and bard college have yet to have a trainer, people who play classes related to these may consult a DM for instructions. [Artificers]? Uhh, sorry, no one's playing that while I'm sober.

Initially, there are various other adventurers sitting around in the guild, willing to teach others some valuable life skills for some coin.

You may buy proficiencies from two categories:

1. Mundane Skill Proficiency (Ex: Sleight of Hand, Persuasion, Arcana…)

You may automatically upgrade 2 skill proficiencies to +2.

For further upgrades, please consult this table.
Proficiency Bonus+2+3+4+5
GP Cost10gp1000gp10000gpUnavailable
Additionally, for every skill proficiency you learn beyond the fourth, you must spend a Knowledge Point.

Every character has 3 Knowledge Points. If you would otherwise gain a skill proficiency from a class feature or racial bonus, it will be converted to a Knowledge Point instead.

2. Tool Proficiency (Ex: Disguise Kits, Thieves Tools, Gaming Sets)

Refer to the table again to purchase a General Proficiency Bonus that applies to all tools.

You may get one Tool Proficiency that makes sense with your background. Each additional Tool Proficiency costs 25gp and 1 Knowledge Point.

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies do not exist in the current version. Players may freely equip any weapon and armor they please without any disadvantage.

Additionally, you may purchase [Feats] here in exchange for a [Feat Coin]. If you have not applied any racial bonuses to the stats of your character, the gods give you a free [Feat Coin] as a pittance.

Any more questions? Well I'm neither psychic nor a time traveler, you'll have to ask them to know the answer.

Last edited:

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Oh and if you already have a particular set of skills you want in mind, you may want to consider if it's similar to any of the ones from DnD. Unless you want to create and balance a custom class to buy features from.

Claryie

I can't seem to find the quest related to Baron Dieter in the guild thread. Where did you find it?
Oh shit, I didn't know that quests must be those from the guild thread. Really sorry about that, I'll delete that part of my post at once.