Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Necron

"Sir shark, I don't fancy the idea of hunting it down. What if the spirit turns YOU into a different person as well? And if you do manage to hunt it, whoever shall bring sir Advaya back?" Mabel stands up as an idea forms in her head.

"Ah, but I can try to talk the spirit into returning sir Advaya. Surely, it intends this is a prank for the festival. But I don't think it's a very nice or funny one." She looks towards the desolate house.

"You needn't worry about me going alone. Papa has already turned Mabel into a different person multiple times!"
ghan: " you are one weird surface dweller and if the prey is too strong all we need to do is get even stronger"

kgggdkp2012

You wake up from your trance, a black Fairy wearing a white cloak looks at you.

"You are pretty good~ hehe~", it giggles, "For your amazing performance, I will give you a reward~"

It gives you an Invitation to the Twilight Fortress, and 15 gp.

"Have fun~"

And the vines let you go.
Raymond quietly slumps down on floor gazing at leaving spirit. anger boils inside of him, as he evokes an incarnation, not to fight spirits but to calm down his anger, then he looks at spirit shows a smile, and says" let's go. I Accept."(level will still be 1 right?)

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Raymond quietly slumps down on floor gazing at leaving spirit. anger boils inside of him, as he evokes an incarnation, not to fight spirits but to calm down his anger, then he looks at spirit shows a smile, and says" let's go. I Accept."(level will still be 1 right?)
Yes.
Are you fighting the spirits or are you going to the Twilight Fortress, or continue to dance with the spirits?

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
ghan: " you are one weird surface dweller and if the prey is too strong all we need to do is get even stronger"
"While that is true for a hunter, sir shark, if we get stronger now, then...
Sir Advaya won't become strong as a hunter, but as whatever person the spirit has turned him into."

Necron

"While that is true for a hunter, sir shark, if we get stronger now, then...
Sir Advaya won't become strong as a hunter, but as whatever person the spirit has turned him into."
Ghan: " being a hunter is not about physical traits and whatever weapon you use, you can use it to hunt anything"

ghan stood back up

"whatever advaya turn into he is still a hunter i have seen shamans use sea weeds to hunt and some shamans even use the power of the gods "

ghan with his javelin and shield at the ready look at his comrades

"so shall we go hunt and become stronger or do we deal with this spirit?

Lostinthecause

Ghan: " being a hunter is not about physical traits and whatever weapon you use, you can use it to hunt anything"

ghan stood back up

"whatever advaya turn into he is still a hunter i have seen shamans use sea weeds to hunt and some shamans even use the power of the gods "

Listening to the spirited speech of Ghan, the bubbles of doubt that had shrouded the judgment of Advaya cleared, he finished his soup and stood up patting the back of Ghan. "We hunt my friend, but to become stronger, we need to prepare for the worst, we need to collect the information about that fortress that sucked me in," He looks at Mabel, "Are you ready Mabel?"

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly

ghan stood back up

Listening to the spirited speech of Ghan, the bubbles of doubt that had shrouded the judgment of Advaya cleared, he finished his soup and stood up patting the back of Ghan. "We hunt my friend, but to become stronger, we need to prepare for the worst, we need to collect the information about that fortress that sucked me in," He looks at Mabel, "Are you ready Mabel?"
Mabel stares blankly in the distance for a while, before letting out a chuckle.
"You two... really are..."
She pauses.
"Okay, if that's what you sirs intend to do, but please let me at least ask the spirits if they can consider releasing sir Advaya.

Oh, I know! I can head to that house and ask them about the fortress too. That's hitting two stones with one bird!"

Mabel seems to be insistent on going alone, is she hiding something? Roll insight.

Necron

Mabel stares blankly in the distance for a while, before letting out a chuckle.
"You two... really are..."
She pauses.
"Okay, if that's what you sirs intend to do, but please let me at least ask the spirits if they can consider releasing sir Advaya.

Oh, I know! I can head to that house and ask them about the fortress too. That's hitting two stones with one bird!"

Mabel seems to be insistent on going alone, is she hiding something? Roll insight.
rolled 17

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
rolled 17
Ghan recognized this behaviour from the first bandit quest, where Mabel was excited at the prospect of finding poems from the bandit camp. Perhaps she intends on going to the desolate house to look for poems.

Lostinthecause

Ghan recognized this behaviour from the first bandit quest, where Mabel was excited at the prospect of finding poems from the bandit camp. Perhaps she intends on going to the desolate house to look for poems.
Advaya shook his head wanting to stop Mabel, but he decided against it, and nodded, "Ok, but we will wait at the door, shout if anything bad happens."

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Advaya shook his head wanting to stop Mabel, but he decided against it, and nodded, "Ok, but we will wait at the door, shout if anything bad happens."
"That's fine. Just make sure not to bring any of the mushrooms we got from the druid, the spirits might play a mean prank on you if you do! Ah, but before that, we must buy some wine and bring food. Papa said that everyone is easier to talk with when drunk and full."

Necron

"That's fine. Just make sure not to bring any of the mushrooms we got from the druid, the spirits might play a mean prank on you if you do! Ah, but before that, we must buy some wine and bring food. Papa said that everyone is easier to talk with when drunk and full."
ghan: they took my one gold coin....

Lostinthecause

Advaya follows Mabel.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I chose Fairy.
You opened the Invitation given by the Fairy, mist and butterflies began to pour out of it, inside smells strangely like blue berry and banana.

The mist enveloped you, blinding you for only a moment—

You found yourself in the middle of a ruin under an eternal night, the ground covered in a layer of mist so dense you cannot see your feet. There is something running in the mist, but you can't quite make out what it is.

Around you, nature had taken over the ruin, but you can't be quite sure as some trees are fazing in and out of existence.

In front of you is a castle, impossibly tall as it violates everything you know about physics. Perhaps that is where the ruler of this place is.

On your left is an old workshop, where you see a rainbow cat sitting in front, smiling. It look very suspicious.

On your right is a road leading to a wall of vines, a sweet smell of tea and cookie are coming from it.

Behind you is the ruin of a city, where you see glowing dots flying about.

Where would you go?
The Fairy's Invitation has one more use to return back to Guilddington.

kgggdkp2012

Raymond looks around finding himself surrounded by unfamiliar place, he looks towards the city, and sees glowing dots. He observes them keenly trying to discern what are they, (rolled 14+0)

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Advaya follows Mabel.
Okaay, so apparently wine's price is measured in gp, go figure. So the party would be too poor to afford it. So instead I guess Mabel will buy 2 tankards(I assume one is 4 pints?) worth of cider, which is like, 1sp a pop so it's much more affordable.

And, so with apple cider and her mushroom stew in hand, Mabel walks up to the front of the desolate house, knocks on the door and loudly announces her presence.

"Hello? Sir spirit? Or would it be miss spirit? I can't quite tell... your figures are too glowy to observe anything. Anyways!-"

"I've come to bargain, for a chat! I hope the festival has been enjoyable for you so far, this place you're in is quite... humble. If you don't mind, I've brought some food and alcohol."
@Rhaps

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Raymond looks around finding himself surrounded by unfamiliar place, he looks towards the city, and sees glowing dots. He observes them keenly trying to discern what are they, (rolled 14+0)
They are Pixies and Sprites, dancing around, observing you.