• Start date
D

Deleted member 89995

ㅤ​

Last edited by a moderator:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Do you justify your text?
Objection! We're not at court. Thus a writer does not need to justify their text unless stated otherwise.

Most seem to leave it default but I'm not one to look for stuff like that.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
If the text still flows smoothly when justified, I prefer justified.

If the text often times gets some giant blank spaces in-between words because it is justified, then I prefer left-aligned.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
People care too much about formatting. Sure, some variants driven to the extreme might be uncomfortable more so than others, but it's usually the correlated quality of the writing that makes me quit rather than the inability or unwillingness to optimize text flow itself. Graspable, technical aspects are tempting to obsess over, especially when you feel like you've hit a plateau with your core writing skills, but nothing I'd consider essential to creating an enjoyable literary experience. In most cases - like this one - they are also easily changeable later, once you're happy with the words themselves, rather than their presentation. Now it should for fairness' sake be mentioned that I am in no way a great positive example in this regard. But there are reasons most of my projects lie deserted or unfinished, and distractions like this one are closely related to their state. In the end there is no way around actually writing, that's something you'll have to keep in mind no matter what. Neither is it to say that the factor should be entirely neglected of course, as lighter narratives heavily rely on ease of reading to maintain comfort. Left alignment is the default. There is no sign of your thoughtfulness choosing this layout, no intentionality that leaves your unmistakable mark on your creation. Leaving it without soul, without identity, consumed in passing and forgotten in the next breath. Justified text makes the content seem quite orderly with often little effort, but tends to look worse than simple left alignment if the wrapping lengths get stretched, which is near impossible to cover for all the possible screen dimensions and font sizes your readers might use. It is the futile attempt at enforcing cheap order, transient as the resolve that birthed it.​

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't care most of the time.
I think that poetry tends to look great
centered
but I don't even bother
In my Lewd Poems collection​

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan does not justify Ai-chan's texts. Ai-chan is aware that Ai-chan's stories could be controvertial. Ai-chan justifies nothing. If you disagree with the alignment of Ai-chan's texts, that's your problem.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text? Do you justify your text?​

Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned? Or do you prefer it left-aligned?

Which one looks better? I’m more concerned about the readability, so I want to hear your thoughts.
˙sɥʇɐdoɥɔʎsd ɹoɟ sı pǝuƃılɐ-ɹǝʇuǝƆ puɐ 'ʎsǝɹǝɥ sı pǝuƃılɐ-ʇɥƃıᴚ 'ɥƃnouǝ ʇuǝɔǝp sı pǝuƃılɐ-ʇɟǝ˥ ˙pǝıɟıʇsnɾ uʍop-ǝpısdn lǝʌou ʎɯ ɹǝɟǝɹd I

ThanksALot

JUSTIFIED?
That's weak sauce!
You have to use all the tools available.
THIS WAY YOUR TEXT WILL STAND OUT!
BY THE WAY ALL THIS WAS JUSTIFIED

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I mean, I don't personally care one way or the other. What I care about is how the sentences and paragraphs flow into one another using story structure rather than sentence structure.
I get why some would enjoy one or the other more though. Justified makes things look orderly and thought out, but left aligned makes it feel more personal. Almost like instead of typing words on a page, the author is writing in their journal. Or something like that.​
Then there's right align, which I think was just made because left aligned was a thing. The only reason someone would want to use it would be either to prove a point, or because they can.​
One thing I will say though, is that you shouldn't mix any alignment together with another. It just creates this weird distortion effect where your eyes try to find the beginning and end of a sentence, and they have to adjust after each period cause the author is a psychopath. Just use whatever you prefer, but stick to it. There's no reason to be fancy unless you want to see the world burn.​

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Then there's right align, which I think was just made because left aligned was a thing.
There are uses for Right Align, just not much in novel writing.

Like, when writing a letter, the last words will usually be right-aligned, for example.

Or sometimes when you're making a table with information on it, you may want some stuff to be right aligned for all sorts of organization-related reasons.

So, it has its uses, even if the few uses it has are not very meaningful when writing novels~

Aaqil

Cookies!
Then there's right align, which I think was just made because left aligned was a thing.
There are several languages read from right-to-left, I believe that's more than enough justification, :blob_cookie:

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
i can literaly not tell the difrence

lambenttyto

Which one looks better? I’m more concerned about the readability, so I want to hear your thoughts.
I ONLY write with proper formatting, and neither of those is it. Left aligned with paragraph indentations. The right side is supposed to be jagged.