• Thread starter Deleted member 89995
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89995

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 54065

I guess it'd end up as a wish fulfillment story since the other characters are just there to be the MC's rah rah boys/girls.

And while wish fulfillment MCs often have a great start, they go stale in the long run.

Think whole. Support characters 'add' flavor to the story; the MC can't do it alone. Just like how we 'sew' settings, characters and plots into one interesting narrative.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Depends on the story and if the story or plot can justify it. Is it a god among humans? Then yeah, that would explain it. Is it Rasputin or a similar style of character? It may explain it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Depends on the story and if the story or plot can justify it. Is it a god among humans? Then yeah, that would explain it. Is it Rasputin or a similar style of character? It may explain it.
i would totally read a story about Rasputin just finessing a whole nation, fucking bitches left and right

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
It is not. A good story has to find a way to make every character interesting in their own right

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
While your protagonists should be your most interesting, your other characters shouldn't be far behind

D

Deleted member 93348

You might as well have literal cardboard cutouts as the supporting roles, OP.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Typically the MC is not the most interesting one. If you can make that happen, that's an accomplishment.

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
No. I wrote a story like that, Annie and the Rice Quest, it is stuck at 300 views, despite not being a fanfic, and no one reads it anymore.

apexaltra

Why wouldn't you want them to be interesting?

Even if your supporting cast is full of everyday people, they'll still have things they love, things they hate, regrets, dreams/goals, quirks, etc. Their personalities will still contrast with the personalities of other characters, and with the MC's.

If you don't want to write a bunch of complex characters then keep your cast small.