Game.Worlds1

Hello I just wanted to check something today I posted my first chapter to my story, but after a few hours it's still at 0 Views, I wonder if that's normal or something is wrong.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Assuming that your story actually attracted anyone, which is basically a given, there are two options:

1. The number of views hasn't been updated yet. I had a similar situation a while ago, when I posted a new story and it had forty views on the story page, but the actual number was around two hundred.

2. If you posted it very quickly after adding a story, it's possible it hasn't been reviewed by the mods yet.

In both cases, patience. If it remained at zero after a day or so, then you'd have to worry.

Game.Worlds1

I hope so, the thought that nobody checked my story was soul crushing to say the least.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Hello I just wanted to check something today I posted my first chapter to my story, but after a few hours it's still at 0 Views, I wonder if that's normal or something is wrong.
Patience is king here. It's normal not to get a lot of interaction before the first five chapters are up, and even after that if you aren't advertising properly. But there's a few more things you could try.

First is more tags. You can have up to 25, I think, and each one is a higher chance for people to find your stuff.

Second is uploading at a time when more people are around to read. This isn't actually important in the long run, but it's probably why nobody noticed it earlier in the day. They were at work, or school, or shopping, or whatever.

Lastly... Presentation... Your first chapter is a chore to read. Use double spaces to separate paragraphs, use periods and commas to separate sentences, and make sure that only one person speaks or acts in a paragraph. Run what's left through a program with corrective software and get rid of those red squiggly lines. Check out these tutorials for help as well.

Good luck with your story!