6 Concepts of Magic

Kenjona

Yes, thank your voice is so easy to understand and Smoothing. Best sleep i had all day 10/10.
You know, I laughed before I listened. But damn, on the mark.
I created this to help out everybody working on magic systems, and I figured, why not post it here and point people to it? Hopefully, it can help you out with whatever you're doing. It's one of the three things I consider when designing a system.
Very nice voice work.

Daitengu

Hmm... I'd split magic as a science from magic as a cookbook.

Science is a very rigid thing. You need xyz in abc amounts at k temp and pressure to get the correct result.

Where as cookbook has wiggle room and allows substitutes.

You still get bread even if you sub sugar for honey, but you'll get a very different result subbing nickel for vanadium in a steel alloy.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Hmm... I'd split magic as a science from magic as a cookbook.

Science is a very rigid thing. You need xyz in abc amounts at k temp and pressure to get the correct result.

Where as cookbook has wiggle room and allows substitutes.

You still get bread even if you sub sugar for honey, but you'll get a very different result subbing nickel for vanadium in a steel alloy.
The core idea is that it's a recipe for results. "Cookbook" is just the term. Otherwise, what I describe is, as said, rigid and all. Plus it falls into the ideas of Fantastical Science or Science Fantasy.

Splitting it would make no difference and be closer to the art variant mentioned if more flexible with what goes in. If you just wish to rebrand it name-wise, you're welcome to. I don't care what you call it so long as you understand how it's meant to function and the knowledge can aid you.
You know, I laughed before I listened. But damn, on the mark.

Very nice voice work.

Yes, thank your voice is so easy to understand and Smoothing. Best sleep i had all day 10/10.

Kudos! Hearing that is a real confidence booster for me, as I've struggled with contradicting advice for how I should sound and what I was doing wrong. This is the result of me feeling more comfortable on the mic and just being me.

But yeah, hope this does help anybody and, as said in the end, I have two videos minimum on magic systems alone to still do. Among many others in general for writers.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Okay, this is actually really cool, and I'm gonna say I'm impressed.

You managed to lock my current and (by virtue of sole survivorship) flagship work's magic system firmly into "Magic as Engineering", though one could argue it slips into Art sometimes. I also noticed you placed Devil Fruits as Art but Haki as cookbook, and I would have thought of Dresdenverse as more engineering, but that's probably because we see it through Harry's PoV, who is more scientific than other Wizards.

To describe, in Solstice, spellcasters have access to one of the Classical Elements, one of the Dualist Aspects (called Light/Dark in the story, but inspired from yang/yin respectively), and the base resource of spellcasting energy, which is called Æther.

Everyone can manipulate unattuned (nonelemental) and unaspected (neither lightside nor darkside) Æther to produce basic magical effects, such as strengthening, mind reading, standard anime protagonist shit, and so on. Men pull Æther from around them and force it into a pattern whereas women draw it out from inside themselves and weave it into the desired form. You can infuse either your Element or your Aspect into the Æther to produce effects corresponding to that element/aspect, as well as completely no-sell any base-level Æther getting in your way. At the highest levels, you can infuse both into your Æther for something completely different, almost conceptual.

On top of this, people can utilize Spell Circles, which are diagrams involving geometric shapes and Futhark runes to essentially create their own magickal cookbooks. It is usually men who do this, because drawing such a circle permanently influences your Soul which changes how you shape Magick, and if you're a woman your central focus for spellcasting IS your Soul so you lock yourself out of the entire rest of the spell system. To counterbalance, there is a trick called Dominion which seizes all the Æther in the area so your opponent can't use it. Women are immune to this because their body, their magick.

... On second thought, I think my magic system is more "Magic as Art". You got me. Grats.

Please keep contributing to the world of authorial content. Humanity improves for it.