A bit paranoid about this thing inbox..

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
C69F0FFC-FB81-4D45-B16D-C7A3916A30C8.jpeg

Kinda have this suddenly in my inbox by someone who literally just joined today and honestly feel paranoid about this contest, and I definitely not gonna join it (Not helping it feeling burnout from writing a little, heck I am inactive for over a week now where the hell did they find my “excellent” work, Mythical Eclipse bombed hard, T&F need a rewrite badly, and Bunny under the Moonlight is only act as an opening for ME), I did some digging into the swordystory site and find this.
CECE05DB-6D5C-4538-AF58-C20E4D1571A8.jpeg

While this isn’t exactly incriminating or make the whole thing sound extremely suspicious on its own the company Stary has been seen as suspicious and scammy by other site before (Wattpad from little I could find).
82AEF6D1-C767-43E5-80FA-3C4D81F7B3A3.jpeg

9545B630-4025-46C4-A9B7-79D15200CA1F.jpeg

So anyway does anyone have any opinion on this?

Nanakawaichan

He also PM me with different account. I still don't have any opinion about this, but I also find it really weird. I mean I write just to fill my boredom while English is not my native language and he said my work is excellent.

Should I change my job to a writer now? 😏

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
Also received this message. The fact he didn't cite any of my works in particular absolutely warned me to the high likelyhood it is a scam. One way or the other it's definitely at least very scummy to advertise their story platform's contest on another story platform.

Ace_Arriande

Yes, it's a scam. They are using multiple accounts to send this to people, I received the exact same message from multiple accounts, and Swordystory is apparently under Dreame which has been a scam for years. Just report the account that sent it to you and ignore it.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Got the same thing, since it sounds scripted better not get involve in it. They're quoting money right off the bat to bait people, for what???

CautiousTitan

Tentacle, Merchant, and Telekinesis Expert
The horrible design of the site is enough for me to know it's a scam. Even if it was legit, I hate bad web design lol

steryx

Guess I could say that everyone in the site gets the same message. Even I got the same message too.

Kotohood

Noob Author
I knew something was shady when he didn't even bother putting my name in the message, but he introduced himself like he's the biggest thing to have ever blessed my life lol.

Last edited:

Azrie

Redemption Seeker
I was wondering if it was real — perhaps they actually thought I was good?! And it happened. I got a second mail, a sign of the gods telling me they actually thought it was good. I am going to be popular now, mom are you looking?

This is sarcasm. Perhaps if they send a 3rd one I might consider it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Dammit I did not receive my sca- invitation, AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH!?!?!?

Ps. 'Course I am...

JCountry

Interesting, it seems like just about every author on the site got an invitation. Personally I didn't bother to look into the message and dismissed it out of hand. I am rather busy recently with getting my Patreon started and the family move.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Stuff like this I usually report to Tony. You probably should do.

Jolliapplegirl

I got that too but I didn't think much of it. Honestly, I forgot about it until now. Weirdly enough though, despite getting the message a few days ago, it's now gone from my inbox. Not sure why.