A fluffy story, without diabetes

Agentt

Thighs
Okay, so there does exist many books which are happy. Just happy, sweet and fluffy and comfy which makes your heart melt.
But I was wondering, is it possible to create something like this without using actual sugar? Or to be more specific, anything disease causing?

I am referring to-
1. Eating cakes/cookies every morning.
2. Eating 3 breakfasts before 12 noon.
3. Drinking alcohol till you pass out every night.
4. Eating oily food everyday.
5. Already mentioning that MC suffers from a life threatening disease.

Is it possible to create a fluffy story without using the above mentioned aspects?

MarkedBites

From what I saw, a good way of achieving this has been teen romance slice-of-life? (generally yuri) The innocent flirting, casual fun and some random comfort here and there. Too lazy to go look for examples, but I think there's a few fitting that on this site.

Agentt

Thighs
I’ve written a fluff story about a old couple with one of them going through dementia while the other ones seems to be unaffected by his age.
Kinda breaks 5th rule, but I'll give it a read
I’ve written a fluff story about a old couple with one of them going through dementia while the other ones seems to be unaffected by his age.
Is it on this site?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Okay, so there does exist many books which are happy. Just happy, sweet and fluffy and comfy which makes your heart melt.
But I was wondering, is it possible to create something like this without using actual sugar? Or to be more specific, anything disease causing?

I am referring to-
1. Eating cakes/cookies every morning.
2. Eating 3 breakfasts before 12 noon.
3. Drinking alcohol till you pass out every night.
4. Eating oily food everyday.
5. Already mentioning that MC suffers from a life threatening disease.

Is it possible to create a fluffy story without using the above mentioned aspects?
Yes.

you can try using fake sugar to see if it works, or just use salt.

as long it's taken in moderation, i don't think there's anything to worry about.

Agentt

Thighs
you can try using fake sugar to see if it works, or just use salt.

as long it's taken in moderation, i don't think there's anything to worry about.
What is the purpose of life if not sweets?!

D

Deleted member 49654

I don't think I have read a romance story so focused on food/sweets aside from some cooking mangas/novels. So it kinda sounds ridiculous to equate a sweet story to a high-calorie diet. And the third point seems to be something you may see in a depressing story or a drama. What does getting drunk have to do with successful romance?

Agentt

Thighs
I don't think I have read a romance story so focused on food/sweets aside from some cooking mangas/novels. So it kinda sounds ridiculous to equate a sweet story to a high-calorie diet. And the third point seems to be something you may see in a depressing story or a drama. What does getting drunk have to do with successful romance?
Fluffy novels you see, are different from romance. Fluffy novels give you, the reader happiness and hope. It cannot contain things like getting a promotion, getting full marks in examination, getting married to the most beautiful person since most readers don't hope or think this can ever happen to them.

A typical romance differs from fluffy since many readers aren't like a romance lead. A fluffy is for everyone. I, for example, am a miser, so I really can't relate to going to an amusement park every saturday, or actually going to amusement parks at all, if I were a 16 year old high school student. It is irresponsible for a 16 year old to go on these many dates

Hence, you can only add happiness which is experienced world wide. Eg.
1. Removing your socks after a long day of work.
2. Opening the fridge on a summer day and letting the cool air touch your face
3. Getting a gift from a co worker
4. Getting praised by a superior
5. Taking a hot bath after a long day at work.

But there aren't many things to fill this list,
So a simple way is sweets.
MC just buys some cakes after work and enjoys them. Or MC makes cookies and shares them. Or, as I am thinking of doing, MC has a collection of toys.

Some authors like to take a more realistic approach and add alcohol. Since this is a fluffy story, alcohol just makes them merry, nothing else.
MC likes to drink a mocktail everynight while ranting about his boss to the bartender. Or the MC likes to drink beer with his friends. Another approach is that MC is in love with bartender but can never say it so he visits bar multiple times.
If MC is an old man and female lead is a high school girl, getting one of them drunk is the only way to have them meet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49654

I am pretty sure that reading a story containing any of these will not make me happy.

Napelynn

I am pretty sure that reading a story containing any of these will not make me happy.
Even if it does make you happy, I wouldn't consider a story with these elements fluffy.

D

Deleted member 49654

To begin with, there is no need to search for something that will make "all your readers" feel fluffy. There is no such thing. People are different. For me, a romance story containing a lot of snuggles, without love rivals, drama, and countless misunderstandings sounds quite fluffy. Actually, @Nahrenne seems to be the embodiment of fluff in this forum.

Napelynn

To begin with, there is no need to search for something that will make "all your readers" feel fluffy. There is no such thing. People are different. For me, a romance story containing a lot of snuggles, without love rivals, drama, and countless misunderstandings sounds quite fluffy.
Yeah, that's what I thought a fluffy story was, so when Agentt started saying that he didn't know how to make a fluffy story without using alcohol I was kind of confused.

Agentt

Thighs
To begin with, there is no need to search for something that will make "all your readers" feel fluffy. There is no such thing. People are different. For me, a romance story containing a lot of snuggles, without love rivals, drama, and countless misunderstandings sounds quite fluffy. Actually, @Nahrenne seems to be the embodiment of fluff in this forum.
Yeah, that's what I thought a fluffy story was, so when Agentt started saying that he didn't know how to make a fluffy story without using alcohol I was kind of confused.
Oopsies~~
While people are different, the tags act as a filter. For example you won't read it if it is specified that there is no plot other than random things that happen.

As for Napelynn, yes, it is rare, but as I said, some authors do that, to show some reality.

D

Deleted member 49654

Oopsies~~
While people are different, the tags act as a filter. For example you won't read it if it is specified that there is no plot other than random things that happen.

As for Napelynn, yes, it is rare, but as I said, some authors do that, to show some reality.
Then, just go read stories with the cooking tag. You best know what you consider fluffy.

D

Deleted member 45782

Heartwarming tag. Cute story tag.

Those I've been advised by others is what you would tag a fluffy story if you're writing one.

I think it could have some or all of those traits you mentioned Agentt, but usually in some combination and still can be wholesome. But it really depends how its written.

Curious...do you want a fluffy story that's all fluff from beginning to middle only? :blob_hide: