A List for Shamelessness

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Planning to write something with a somewhat shameless male protagonist. Set as modern-day romance. Just wanted to ask you, great forum dwellers, what kind of shameless stuff you've come across novels you've read recently?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Once I swung my dick like a helicopter to the tune of Shooting Stars by Bag Raiders next to my brother in the shower to chase him out not in a novel I've read but if what you're thinking isn't worse than that it's probably not shameless

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Could you set the bar for me, so I'd know what is considered "shameless" here? :sweat_smile:
Nothing overtly sexual. At least nothing rapey (is that a word?). More like, little things he knows he can get away with coz the girl is attracted to him.

maybe something you might do if you don't have any shame.

sometimes it's on-line with narcissism as well.

like playing with your nipples in public and forcefully demand money from anyone who sees you.

when someone post your naked picture, instead of being embarrassed, you would sue them of copyright infringement and criticize the picture of lacking artistic value. something half-baked that can't possibly portray your fabulousness.

when someone point out something shameful you outright done recently, you would still put on a straight face, like you're the most dignified person in the whole world.

when you demand everyone to call you senior uncle in your sect, 'cuz you're named the Sect Master's junior brother (can work in modern world as well, look up urban immortal cultivator).

when you wants to accrue benefit, you wouldn't mind the time and place, or how people think of you. like, when you made business deal, you wouldn't even consider the other party's bottom line, and just struck the most profit. if they think you've been too greedy, you would think of it as the most generous deal you could've given them (I'm looking at you, Fang Yuan).

one other example was like, when you want to keep all the milk producing cows to yourself, 'cuz you just damn love milk.

when you confess to your crush in public and got rejected, instead of hanging your head down, you would roast them, saying they had no taste. and kept convincing them until they went out with you. or if anything else fails, you would act like it's such a pity they didn't know diamond from shit and just dashingly walk away.

and many more things.

but the most important thing, shameless protagonist has no word 'shame' in their dictionary. they won't ever feel ashamed, except if they're just acting.

what i like about them, they're always honest with themselves (even if they always lie and scam others) and won't give a damn about bullshit social rules. just do their own thing kind of pal.

well, that's just my subjective opinion, not sure if it would help.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
when you confess to your crush in public and got rejected, instead of hanging your head down, you would roast them, saying they had no taste. and kept convincing them until they went out with you. or if anything else fails, you would act like it's such a pity they didn't know diamond from shit and just dashingly walk away.
I wouldn't call this shamelessness. I'd call it being manipulative. Also, bratty and sick in the head also comes to mind.

Silver_Sky

Doesn't have to do with the topic since its not a novel but I've been taught there are 2 kinds of people you shouldn't fight with 1 shameless people 2 crazy people and let god help you if its a crazy shameless person

mrsimple

Writer
I wouldn't call this shamelessness. I'd call it being manipulative. Also, bratty and sick in the head also comes to mind.
Reminds me of a specific king who continuously pushed a princess in the mud until she stopped refusing his proposal of marriage and accepted. I can't recall names, but that happened. It's history.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Planning to write something with a somewhat shameless male protagonist. Set as modern-day romance. Just wanted to ask you, great forum dwellers, what kind of shameless stuff you've come across novels you've read recently?

Shameless? What is your definition of shameless and I can be perhaps helpful? Ranging from US soldiers that used human skin as leather for their footballs to the Japanese that were eating prisoner alive and bayoneting little babies like trophies, I know many things. :blob_reach:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
My favorite shameless thing is when someone accuses someone else of doing something, and the response is "Yes, and?"

Nakakure

The sin full life of emperor. Cheating with your wife and called it "i just help you"

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
So what? And? Oh really? Yeah right.

Sarcastic and sharp-tongued personality helped a lot.