Add a savable template for author's notes

Psycholor

Writing Trash
Add the option for authors to create an Author's Note template that can then be inserted at the cursor location with a single button press. Functionally, it would be similar to Forum Signatures, or the Signature line of various email services.

The potential use case would be for authors who want to have the same author's note on every chapter; things like a discord invite, links to their other stories, thanking patrons/beta readers. This can be done by copy-pasting from a separate document, but if you have links, those don't always come through properly and need to be reset every time.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
This makes no sense, dumb it down, mr. MegaMind

Basically a footer which is automatically posted at the end of every chapter like the signature we have on forums
So lazy-ness. *shakes head* *press ctrl+c*

I've not used AO3, so... maybe?

Don't respond to trolls, it makes the world a better place.
Then why did I just a get a nof of you responding to me?

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Support this, I'm lazy sometimes to write what I want beside the other info I like to share.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Add the option for authors to create an Author's Note template that can then be inserted at the cursor location with a single button press. Functionally, it would be similar to Forum Signatures, or the Signature line of various email services.

The potential use case would be for authors who want to have the same author's note on every chapter; things like a discord invite, links to their other stories, thanking patrons/beta readers. This can be done by copy-pasting from a separate document, but if you have links, those don't always come through properly and need to be reset every time.
I do support this feature, but what about author note overlay? Will this author's note be the exact same as the one we already have, but savable, or in a different format?

Psycholor

Writing Trash
I do support this feature, but what about author note overlay? Will this author's note be the exact same as the one we already have, but savable, or in a different format?

To be honest, I only made this thread because @greyblob said I should make one for this. In my mind, it would just be a button added to the ui, that when pressed adds an author's note at the cursor location. Instead of being blank (like when you hit "add author's note" button that already exists), it would have the pre-saved note added already.

To be honest, I only made this thread because @greyblob said I should make one for this. In my mind, it would just be a button added to the ui, that when pressed adds an author's note at the cursor location. Instead of being blank (like when you hit "add author's note" button that already exists), it would have the pre-saved note added already.
there are a ton of ways you can go about this. you can have a checkbox, where if checked, slams whatever you have in a saved textbox to the bottom of any new chapter