Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid: Slime Horde

Leegood

After running for a while, I was starting to run out of breath, the monsters were still chasing me though, I couldn't stop, I had to keep running or I'd... Goddess, please save me...

And then I heard a shout, turning towards it, I saw a guard with a spear in hand killing two slimes, and then coming towards me... Seeing the monsters melt away made me feel like puking... My legs trembled, I started falling... But by then the guard was near me, he held me and started running away from the monsters...

I looked at his face for a moment to see that he seemed to have a peaceful look in his face somehow...

And then I looked back at the monsters still coming our way... Why can't they stop already? Why are they even here??

Suddenly, the guard fell, and I with him... Did he trip? Tumble? What just happened? The fall had been a bit painful, but it seems there was no big wound on me right now...

I looked towards the guard to see if he was fine, and saw that there was a black mist wrapped around his legs... A mist that came from me... No! Go away I'm not... I'm not scared, I'm not scared, I'm not scared...

The mist didn't fade, the monsters approached us... Goddess protect us...

I threw a few talismans towards the slimes and made a silent prayer to The Goddess. When the monsters got close to it, they hit my barrier and didn't move any further... Though they kept trying to corrode it or clash against it, it was hard to maintain the barrier like this...

I turned towards the guard and finally taking a good look at his face I recognized him from some of the funerals I hosted... I then told him... "I'm sorry, mister Clive... I can't control this... I'm scared... What do we do now?" The barrier won't hold the monsters forever, and the demon won't let mister Clive move easily... Why did the demon decide to move again after this long!?
-----------------------------
Nene, in the slums, on the way towards the Northern Gate

"Slash of destiny!" A strangely armored man jumped down with a large broadsword causing a small AOE attack to appear where his sword landed, destroying the slimes in the 3 foot range around him. "I need directions to someone, I don't know-" He charged and jumped again, doing another sword slam before speaking again "You seem like you might know a lot of people."

The man started clashing again with the slimes "This city is quite interesting, is this just a Tuesday for you folks?" The man seemed quite delighted in being able to unleash his skills and showing off.
----
Unknown man with the word Orgalla on a sweatband on his forehead.

Leegood

"Sh*t! B*tch, move!" Alexei shouted as a slime lunged toward Liana and spat some acid at her.

"Ah!" Liana tried stepping back and tripped over, falling backwards. However, the scarred man caught her with his back to the slime attacking her - getting the full hit from the acid; the sound of sizzling flesh could be heard as Alexei's clothes rapidly corroded away revealing his skin and corroding that.

"Ngh! Stupid b*tch! What did I say about being aware of your surroundings?!" Alexei quickly let go of the young woman, swung around tightly and thrust his billhook into the offending slime - as well as another two that were closing in - before putting Liana on his shoulder and running back to the gate. "We're falling back! Fall back everyone! Sound the horns for the Lizardmen reinforcements to congregate at this gate!"

The city guards on the wall heard Alexei's orders and immediately began blowing the horns the Lizardmen had given them whenever they needed the swamp-people's back-up. The side door was opened and the guards and adventurers on the front lines ran through before closing it behind them. Alexei dropped Liana on the ground like a sack of potatoes and headed off to where Captain Harrison Bridger was currently issuing orders from - his back a bloody mess, yet he seemed unfazed.

Liana saw the blood and felt her fangs instinctively grow and cut into her lower lip. She knew she was not much help with regards to attacking the slimes and so went to help the guards dealing with distributing burza.

[Liana and Alexei - South Gate Scribel City]

X
"Defend our homeland!" The Grizzled blacksmith was leading other craftsmen as they brought forth wagon loads of ashes and started joined the defense, attacking the slimes with loads of ashes mixed with various materials that damaged and killed slimes.

I of course was also helping, with my face covered in ash it felt like I had worn another set of clothes on top of my current one Ah I'm going to have to bathe a lot when this is all done I spotted Liana in the distance "I'll help too!" and helped distribute the burza since I did not have the stamina to lug around large containers of ash and throw them repeatedly at the enemy.

"How's the situation?" I asked Liana

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
"Defend our homeland!" The Grizzled blacksmith was leading other craftsmen as they brought forth wagon loads of ashes and started joined the defense, attacking the slimes with loads of ashes mixed with various materials that damaged and killed slimes.

I of course was also helping, with my face covered in ash it felt like I had worn another set of clothes on top of my current one Ah I'm going to have to bathe a lot when this is all done I spotted Liana in the distance "I'll help too!" and helped distribute the burza since I did not have the stamina to lug around large containers of ash and throw them repeatedly at the enemy.

"How's the situation?" I asked Liana
Liana gave some burza to an injured adventurer who was replacing his corroded weapon, when she heard a familiar voice. Turning to look, she saw a grey-skinned teenage girl.

"...The wall is about to be breached and we've called for the lizardmen reinforcements, Miss...?" Liana tilted her head as she gave yet another person some burza.

In the distance, a returning horn was sounded - signifying the lizardmen reinforcements had heard the call and were approaching the area.

Looking at the teenage girl again, Liana smiled with relief as she exclaimed: "They're coming! Oh, do you need some burza, Miss...?"

[Liana and Anonymous girl (Letianna) at the South Gate of Scribel City]

X

Leegood

Liana gave some burza to an injured adventurer who was replacing his corroded weapon, when she heard a familiar voice. Turning to look, she saw a grey-skinned teenage girl.

"...The wall is about to be breached and we've called for the lizardmen reinforcements, Miss...?" Liana tilted her head as she gave yet another person some burza.

In the distance, a returning horn was sounded - signifying the lizardmen reinforcements had heard the call and were approaching the area.

Looking at the teenage girl again, Liana smiled with relief as she exclaimed: "They're coming! Oh, do you need some burza, Miss...?"

[Liana and Anonymous girl (Letianna) at the South Gate of Scribel City]

X
"Leti! It's Leti~! Did you forget~?" I helped hand out weapons coated in burza to the adventurers "I stayed over at your house that one night remember?" I wondered if she forgot, it had been some time before we met again after all, since I left to gelderholm some time after.

More brave helpers charged from the direction of the temple, since they heard that hands were needed to throw ashes at the slimes.

"Ah this is really chaotic huh?" I surveyed the land before handing another person a weapon with burza coated onto it.

[Liana and the very known Letianna at the South Gate of Scribel City]

Nahrenne

"Leti! It's Leti~! Did you forget~?" I helped hand out weapons coated in burza to the adventurers "I stayed over at your house that one night remember?" I wondered if she forgot, it had been some time before we met again after all, since I left to gelderholm some time after.

More brave helpers charged from the direction of the temple, since they heard that hands were needed to throw ashes at the slimes.

"Ah this is really chaotic huh?" I surveyed the land before handing another person a weapon with burza coated onto it.

[Liana and the very known Letianna at the South Gate of Scribel City]
Liana looked more closely at the girl and realised she was covered in ash. Rubbing her hand over the teenager's face, she removed some of the ash - revealing the perky-faced Letianna.

"Ah? Miss Letianna?! Why are you here?! It's dangerous! What if you get injured again?!" Liana was panicking internally a little due to the possibility of Letianna getting injured again. She felt that she always ended up more drawn to those she'd drank from - at least, looking at the cases of Hejlikka and Jasper, she had.

Regaining her somewhat calm mind, she responded to Letianna's question, "Yes...I mean...we're under attack from those slimes...and there's so many..." She involuntarily shuddered at the memory of all of those slimes - recalling the scenes of guards and adventurers getting eaten alive as their bodies were slowly - or speedily - corroded by them. Feeling a little ill at the thought of that happening to her, she held a hand to her mouth and stood to the side to gather herself again.

[Liana and Letianna at the South Gate of Scribel City]

X

Leegood

Liana looked more closely at the girl and realised she was covered in ash. Rubbing her hand over the teenager's face, she removed some of the ash - revealing the perky-faced Letianna.

"Ah? Miss Letianna?! Why are you here?! It's dangerous! What if you get injured again?!" Liana was panicking internally a little due to the possibility of Letianna getting injured again. She felt that she always ended up more drawn to those she'd drank from - at least, looking at the cases of Hejlikka and Jasper, she had.

Regaining her somewhat calm mind, she responded to Letianna's question, "Yes...I mean...we're under attack from those slimes...and there's so many..." She involuntarily shuddered at the memory of all of those slimes - recalling the scenes of guards and adventurers getting eaten alive as their bodies were slowly - or speedily - corroded by them. Feeling a little ill at the thought of that happening to her, she held a hand to her mouth and stood to the side to gather herself again.

[Liana and Letianna at the South Gate of Scribel City]

X
I rubbed as much ash off from myself then gave Liana a Hug "Scribble City can do it~!" I patted her back before returning to help more people. "I've heard that there's a leader slime somewhere, someone just needs to take it out and they'll go back to being slimes, hopefully."

What if the wall falls down? what then? I looked over at liana and started formulating an escape plan If the line breaks here then we'll have to form a defensive line in front of the temples I grabbed a volunteer "Tell the ash team to hurry up, we also need something good!" The man nodded and left to the ash team who were making more ash to dump at the enemy.

"I wonder how long it'll take, We'll need a strike force or something to take the leader down!"

FenrIIrz

Sil jogging through the street, He goes up the stair to the wall. He sees people dumping ash and soap down the wall, he walks up to the guard that commanding the soldier.

"Hello, Mister Leader. How are we doing here?"

"Terrible! The wall is going crumble if we let those slimes stick on the wall."

"Alright. Keep them away from the wall and hope someone one kill the brain."

Sil rubs his body with ash, coats his weapons with Burza, and starts running to the gate where the soldiers and adventurer are fighting.

*stops* "Ah. What's this gate again? Someone(@Bochi ) just messes up my sense of direction"

"South!"

Nahrenne

I rubbed as much ash off from myself then gave Liana a Hug "Scribble City can do it~!" I patted her back before returning to help more people. "I've heard that there's a leader slime somewhere, someone just needs to take it out and they'll go back to being slimes, hopefully."

What if the wall falls down? what then? I looked over at liana and started formulating an escape plan If the line breaks here then we'll have to form a defensive line in front of the temples I grabbed a volunteer "Tell the ash team to hurry up, we also need something good!" The man nodded and left to the ash team who were making more ash to dump at the enemy.

"I wonder how long it'll take, We'll need a strike force or something to take the leader down!"
Getting hugged by Letianna made Liana freeze up before she returned it - her feelings of wanting to vomit leaving her. Hearing the teenager's words, she smiled wryly as she had a horrible premonition that things were going to get a lot worse.

"THERE ARE SEWER SLIMES INVADING THE CITY!" A messenger guard shouted so all in the area could hear before running off to another location to spread the message.

Liana's eyes widened as she thought of Hejlikka and Julrik. Picking up one of the many bags that had some burza jars in it, she slung it over her shoulder then got her loaned billhook spear and ran into the city towards the guild building. As she left, she shouted her apologies to those who were distributing the burza before shouting to Letianna: "Sorry, I need to find Hejlikka and Julrik and make sure they're safe!...As well as my pet dog!"

"That slack b*tch!" Alexei shouted as he saw Liana's fleeing figure; his back already bandaged up by one of the guard medics. He then ran after her with his own billhook in his hands, knowing he'd be more useful in the city than at the front lines at the moment.

[Liana running into Scribel City Centre with Alexei following behind]

X

Leegood

Getting hugged by Letianna made Liana freeze up before she returned it - her feelings of wanting to vomit leaving her. Hearing the teenager's words, she smiled wryly as she had a horrible premonition that things were going to get a lot worse.

"THERE ARE SEWER SLIMES INVADING THE CITY!" A messenger guard shouted so all in the area could hear before running off to another location to spread the message.

Liana's eyes widened as she thought of Hejlikka and Julrik. Picking up one of the many bags that had some burza jars in it, she slung it over her shoulder then got her loaned billhook spear and ran into the city towards the guild building. As she left, she shouted her apologies to those who were distributing the burza before shouting to Letianna: "Sorry, I need to find Hejlikka and Julrik and make sure they're safe!...As well as my pet dog!"

"That slack b*tch!" Alexei shouted as he saw Liana's fleeing figure; his back already bandaged up by one of the guard medics. He then ran after her with his own billhook in his hands, knowing he'd be more useful in the city than at the front lines at the moment.

[Liana running into Scribel City Centre with Alexei following behind]

X
"Slimes in the city? Hurry up and set up ash traps at every sewer entrance! " Half the ash Brigade split off to attack the sewer entrances at the command of the Grizzled blacksmith. I looked at them and at the injured It's time to be a medic I charged forth to help people deal with their wounds of varying severity.

Leti - Gate

Bochi

Chaos and scream. Panic and confusion. Battle and ruin with running people everywhere. It wasn't the scene that greeted me when I got out to the noble district.
A calm but tense atmosphere hangs in the air, it seemed like most of the people knew they should do, those who didn't fellows those who did. Some chose to seek shelter while others ran to defend the walls, the rest of the nobles want to protect their homes. Many private guards accompanied their employers to do their duty.

I don't know what will happen in this city part since everyone seems to do their own thing, which they believe to be right the course of action. As someone who has never been in such a situation, I wouldn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

Instead of doing something foreign to me, I ran to the closest wall I could find, since defending the walls will be the most obvious thing to do. I might have gone the wrong way at some point but I found the Northern Wall at least.

Suddenly, I saw something purple above it. It got bigger and bigger, then it falls beyond the wall, a strange and loud popping could be heard. I wondered what it was all about, but first... I should climb up on the wall, right?

(OOC Ellania was on the Northern wall, right? :sweating_profusely:)
Ellania was watching on the edge of her seat with some interest, having noted down most of the new events transpiring.

Just kidding. She didn't have a seat. But it was true that she was interested.

I wonder, if I were to inform those on the wall that a fresh wave of slimes have attacked from the sewers, what would happen? Will they lose themselves in denial or despair, mhm? Or will they rally to take out the ones currently here to divert their forces elsewhere? Mhm, but if they take too long, they just miiight get caught in a pincer attack from both inside and outside the walls and die, you know? Fufufu, the thought of it sends chills down my spine~! Should I tell them? Should I do it?

With this in mind, the tea-sipper slowly started floating closer to the walls.
Sil jogging through the street, He goes up the stair to the wall. He sees people dumping ash and soap down the wall, he walks up to the guard that commanding the soldier.

"Hello, Mister Leader. How are we doing here?"

"Terrible! The wall is going crumble if we let those slimes stick on the wall."

"Alright. Keep them away from the wall and hope someone one kill the brain."

Sil rubs his body with ash, coats his weapons with Burza, and starts running to the gate where the soldiers and adventurer are fighting.

*stops* "Ah. What's this gate again? Someone(@Bochi ) just messes up my sense of direction"

"South!"

Siostar

With this in mind, the tea-sipper slowly started floating closer to the walls.

"---Achoo! Who's talking smack about me behind my back?"
A silhouette in the sky came closer to the wall. At first, I couldn't tell what it is, just that I didn't have the best feeling about it.

As it came closer and closer, I could see a woman was floating the air, I think she said something but she was too far to hear.

FlutterOfCrows

Breathing hard, after that montage of horror and risk, Dust can be found on a roof, a fair distance away from where he started his rampage with his presence, now heavily tired, with various wounds currently recovering, though none too awful, despite how some looked severe. Dust is unsure if getting back into the fight is a good idea, after the dumb idea he just did. though at least he thinned out the slimes in part of the slums. he'll have to go through in a bit for all the slime cores that stayed solid. Though that's if the city last, which Dust is not too sure about, but is unable to check, at least for a small while for his wounds to become manageable first.

Bochi

A silhouette in the sky came closer to the wall. At first, I couldn't tell what it is, just that I didn't have the best feeling about it.

As it came closer and closer, I could see a woman was floating the air, I think she said something but she was too far to hear.
Casually, Ellania floated and sat herself onto one of the many large bricks that made up the top of the wall. There she planted herself firmly, overlooking the attack from the wall's perspective whilst continuing to sip her tea.

"...Wait, which type was this again? I think I tossed the box long ago...oh noes! If I forgot, I won't be able to drink it anytime soon! Ceylon, maybe? Or Earl Grey...?"

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
[South Gate]

Phew. I am glad that I finished the pitfall before it becomes too agitated. Now I can leave! A pitfall is enough of a contribution! Once they enter the city, they would all fall in! Giving the guards and lizardmen enough time to change plans! And since Paul's busy at the walls, I can silently leave.
However--

"Where are you going?"

He caught me. I let out a sigh and threw a glance at him, and pointed my finger at the pitfall. Hoping that this gesture would make him understand that the slimes who fall inside the slimes would be like slimes I killed.

"Oh! You wanna make more pitfall at the other gates?"

--Well. I guess that's not a bad idea... but. I just wanted to take a bed and rest, to be honest. And why not plunder the empty homes while we are at it! The luxurious ones of course. Jokes aside... mmm, I guess I wished to seek shelter to the Temple?

"Let's go to the Temple, they must have more information on the situation. No?"

Paul nodded, it did not seem like he was doubting me on that. That is fortunate, that is one less burden on my shoulder. Nonetheless-- as I thought about going to the Temple. In front of me, I could see it. That vicious and viscous creature! It was a slime in the streets?! Does it mean a gate has fallen..? Wait.
The sewers. They could not come from there, could they? Hahaha... Well. Since Paul won't lift a finger... let's ru-- jokes, jokes. I just needed to avoid the slime until I finish conjuring an ice spear... so a dozen of seconds? It should not be too difficult. It-- spit out some acidic liquid.? Fortunately, it fell beside my feet. The slime... didn't move much? Or at least, it was pretty slow.

When my spear was ready, I wondered how to deal with it... throwing or piercing? Piercing! I need to save up mana after all! A few seconds later, the slime died, its nucleus destroyed by the spear but when I removed my weapon out of its dangerous body. The tip of the spear fell off on the ground and melted. Leaving only a speck of water on the ground.

"Ah... Paul. Could you, uh... take care of the next one?"
Honestly. I doubt all slimes are slow or are as unmoving as this one...

"Of course not. You gotta learn how to fit after all... I will try to attract slimes for you."
At this moment, I could not help it but throw the spear at him. Unfortunately... my aim was off. He did not need to move...

"Well... I am a merchant."
That was, perhaps, the only excuse I could give.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Watching as the blue slime struggled, Solet remained atop the southern wall and waited for the guards to react to the change. Below him, a hole in the wall manifested and let countless slimes come through it. The sea of green gradually seeped into the city, and no matter how much the guards killed, there never seemed to be any end in sight.

The shouting and screaming echoed the whole southern wall, and accompanied with it, the faint glow of the Underworld Lantern intensified every now and then. Solet could have gone hyperactive and helped the citizens repelling the Slime Horde, but for him, letting both sides suffered casualty was the best option— He needed the death tolls to be high enough to create a ripple, to attract their attention.

In a simple motion of his hand, blinding light descended and purify a huge amount of slimes. Although green slimes were endless, inside the area Solet purified was a blue slime. It tried to command other slimes to protect itself, but in the end, all was nothing in front of the holy light.

Little by little, the blue slime's core cracked, and its membrane could no longer hold onto its weight. Gradually, it melted into a puddle of bluish substance.

However, despite the death of blue slime, the Slime Horde remained as strong as ever, and it revealed no sight of retreating or scattering.

Solet had killed the 'leader' of the Slime Horde multiple times now. However, in his above-ground sight, he could easily spot huge amounts of blue slimes. Either all of them were the collective leaders, or the true leader hid inside one of the replicas.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Feeling a force on his leg pull him down, Clive fell over but made sure to keep Nene safe in his arms when they landed on the ground. Hearing the fox-kin's words, he smiled wryly at her.

"Ah, I'm a clumsy guy anyway, so falling over wouldn't be your fault. I mean, you're really light for someone with huge ears and tail! Maybe it's cos you're flat? AH! Never mind that!"

He got up and looked at the slimes being blocked by the talisman barrier. Getting the spear from his back, he quickly stabbed them all - killing them - thus giving them a respite from combat. He breathed hard as his hands shook; he wasn't used to proper combat and usually screamed like a girl whenever anything happened on Watches. "...Maybe that's why he sent me as a messenger...so I wouldn't be in combat..." He muttered to himself before looking at Nene.

"Ah, Miss Nene, if it's all right with you, I need to inform the guard captain at the North Gate of the situation in the South as soon as possible - meaning we should part ways here... Ah, I need to inform them of how there are slimes coming from the sewers, too...The temple is nearby, I suggest you head on over there, Miss. I don't think there are any more slimes in this area, so you should be safe. Civilians shouldn't put themselves in danger if they can't handle slimes." He smiled before rubbing her head and ears; stroking the ears a bit longer than necessary before retracting his hand and running off to the North Gate.

[Clive and Nene near a Temple - Middle of Scribel City]
[Clive heading for the North Gate to inform the guard captain there of the slimes in the city and to ask for reinforcements for the South Gate]

X
Just as I was feeling like there was nothing I could do to help mister Clive right now, he suddenly got up, ignoring the Demon's shackles and killed the slimes, piercing through my barrier as if it wasn't even there...

It was... Astonishing. How did he do that? While my barrier is certainly a lot weaker than it was in my home world, it still has The Goddess powers behind it, he shouldn't have been able to pierce it so easily... And nevermind doing it without even breaking the barrier, all while ignoring the demon's shackles that were supposed to make him unable to let him move his legs properly...

I wondered if there was something more behind his man... He did not seem like a normal guard... By the time I realized what was happening though, he was already running away... And I just stayed there, watching him move...

OOC: I feel like I didn't express myself properly and you ended up misunderstanding the situation that was in my head! xD
But well, it's fine this way too, let's just roll with it~
"Slash of destiny!" A strangely armored man jumped down with a large broadsword causing a small AOE attack to appear where his sword landed, destroying the slimes in the 3 foot range around him. "I need directions to someone, I don't know-" He charged and jumped again, doing another sword slam before speaking again "You seem like you might know a lot of people."

The man started clashing again with the slimes "This city is quite interesting, is this just a Tuesday for you folks?" The man seemed quite delighted in being able to unleash his skills and showing off.
----
Unknown man with the word Orgalla on a sweatband on his forehead.
Still trying to understand what just happened, I only remembered where I was when I heard a loud slam near me and saw a large man killing some of the nearby monsters... When did they get this close? I thought mister Clive had taken care of them... Was I here for too long?

And yet, this man seems completely unfazed by all this... This horrible killing... I prayed that The Goddess would take care of the spirits of those poor slimes.

Taking a deep breath, I answered him while pointing to the Temple's general direction, "If you're looking for someone, then the temple might be a good place to start... Everyone that isn't capable of combat should have either evacuated the city or be in one of the city's temples."

Then, I pointed South, "Or if the person is a fighter, the Southern wall seems to be the place in the most dire situation, according to a report from a guard that just left. So the person you seek might be there..."
-------------------------
Nene, in the Slums.

Leegood

Just as I was feeling like there was nothing I could do to help mister Clive right now, he suddenly got up, ignoring the Demon's shackles and killed the slimes, piercing through my barrier as if it wasn't even there...

It was... Astonishing. How did he do that? While my barrier is certainly a lot weaker than it was in my home world, it still has The Goddess powers behind it, he shouldn't have been able to pierce it so easily... And nevermind doing it without even breaking the barrier, all while ignoring the demon's shackles that were supposed to make him unable to let him move his legs properly...

I wondered if there was something more behind his man... He did not seem like a normal guard... By the time I realized what was happening though, he was already running away... And I just stayed there, watching him move...

OOC: I feel like I didn't express myself properly and you ended up misunderstanding the situation that was in my head! xD
But well, it's fine this way too, let's just roll with it~

Still trying to understand what just happened, I only remembered where I was when I heard a loud slam near me and saw a large man killing some of the nearby monsters... When did they get this close? I thought mister Clive had taken care of them... Was I here for too long?

And yet, this man seems completely unfazed by all this... This horrible killing... I prayed that The Goddess would take care of the spirits of those poor slimes.

Taking a deep breath, I answered him while pointing to the Temple's general direction, "If you're looking for someone, then the temple might be a good place to start... Everyone that isn't capable of combat should have either evacuated the city or be in one of the city's temples."

Then, I pointed South, "Or if the person is a fighter, the Southern wall seems to be the place in the most dire situation, according to a report from a guard that just left. So the person you seek might be there..."
-------------------------
Nene, in the Slums.
"If It's The young lady I believe something like this will temper her war spirit! Perhaps Lady Letianna would become a Muscly knight such as I!" The man flexed his abs as he started thinking of ways to train Leti into a muscle warrior knight before looking at the situation.

"Anyways since that lady needs trials to forge her path forward I shall assist this besieged city in different ways!" I looked at the lady in front of me and put a hand ahead "Come little child, You'll need to get to safety!" The man did not care if he was elegant or not, since the only thing that mattered to him was RAW POWA and the strength of his swings!

Indeed for the 'Knight' the person in front of them could be saved before someone that was elsewhere, Besides, He seems to think that the lady was smarter than to be in a place with no path of retreat.

Nivateth

After a warning from a guard while she was walking away from the guild after registering, Niv decides to walk around to see what the fuss is about. "holy god that is a lot of slime. i thought the guard was joking..." she slightly whistles while observing the surroundings. "is this the universe's objective? send me to a place plagued by slimes?"

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"If It's The young lady I believe something like this will temper her war spirit! Perhaps Lady Letianna would become a Muscly knight such as I!" The man flexed his abs as he started thinking of ways to train Leti into a muscle warrior knight before looking at the situation.

"Anyways since that lady needs trials to forge her path forward I shall assist this besieged city in different ways!" I looked at the lady in front of me and put a hand ahead "Come little child, You'll need to get to safety!" The man did not care if he was elegant or not, since the only thing that mattered to him was RAW POWA and the strength of his swings!

Indeed for the 'Knight' the person in front of them could be saved before someone that was elsewhere, Besides, He seems to think that the lady was smarter than to be in a place with no path of retreat.
... Do I really look that young?

No, I should stop worrying about that... I took the man's hand and used it to help myself back up. "I appreciate the aid, mister, but there are people in bigger danger than me. So I suggest you rush towards their aid instead... Besides, I may be a liability for you at my current state, it should be safer for both of us if I stay alone.

"As for miss Letianna... I do know of one, though I am unsure if she is the person you seek, for she did not seem to be a noble that would have knights under her orders to me. Regardless, she is an adventurer registered to this city, so you should certainly be able to find her in the guild once the commotion dies down. You'll be able to confirm your suspicions yourself once you find her.

"Once again, I appreciate your help... Mister...?

"I'm sorry, it seems this situation made me forget basic manners. I am Nene, you are?"
-----------------------
Nene, in the slums.