Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Epsil

UNAPPRAISED

Magic Research Centre. First time I've ever heard of it, seems a bit sketchy, but if I can earn money without a lot of risks, that's great. It seems like I won't need my equipment though, so I leave everything except for my clothes in our inn room and follow the directions that I found as a footnote to this "magic research center".

Outside, there is an old man. Probably this Dr. Lennings. "Uhm, are you-?" I start but he interrupts me.

"Ah, the adventurer. Good, finally. Now come."

With a surprisingly strong grip, Dr. Lennings(?) pulls me into the building. Inside, the walls are a sterile white, a pale light shines down from the lamps above. I... don't like it here. It makes me uncomfortable. Before long, he pulls me into a room filled with weapons and armor before looking at me.

"What are you waiting for? Strip and equip yourself."

"Wait, strip!?"

"Yes, it said all your equipment. Now get on with it. I will be waiting in a room nearby. Once you are done, just pass through that door."

"...alright." I meekly sigh. This isn't turning out the way I thought it would. Where's my easy money!? I quickly swap my clothes with some I find in the room, put on some armor, and take a longsword. The clothes feel strange though... and what's this weirdly thick collar for? Whatever, let's just get this over with. I leave the room, going through a couple of doors before arriving in a spacious but almost empty room with a table with a bracelet on it in one corner.

Confused I look around before Dr. Lennings voice resounds through the room.

"Subject 01-03-51, please equip the bracelet." I guess that's me...? With a shrug, I go to the table and put on the bracelet. Immediately, power flows through me, filling my body with brimming strength. I feel like I could wrestle down a bear! A lion! A tiger! Throw anything at me, and I'll handle it.

"Good. Now, Subject 01-03-51, please fight the monsters, survive, and try to remain lucid."

Oh, I am so totally ready to fight. Imma butcher the beasts! What was that about remaining lucid though?

The slime approaches. I split it in two with a single Zornhau from above. Then appears a horned rabbit. I charge towards it, feeling like a charging bull as I point my weapon towards it. It tries to run away, but I lunge forward, thrusting the sword's tip into the rabbit, then pull the sword back out and kick the rabbit away with a satisfying crunch.

Now a wild boar marches towards me, grunts, and then charges. Oh, a battle of strength? It is on, beast! I put away my sword and go into a wrestling stance, determined to stand my ground and beat the boar into submission. But on impact, I let out a pained grunt as I tumble out of the way, my thoughts snapping back to lucidity again. Damn, what was I doing!? I roll back up to my feet and draw my sword. The quest never said anything about whether the sword should remain whole, but still... I won't break it.

The boar charges again. I wait. And wait. Then jump to the side, twisting my body to face the boar as I bring down the sword's blade in another Zornhau, inflicting a shallow wound on the boar. Not deep enough. The boar approaches again and I hold my sword in the Day's Guard, then perform a full-force Zornhau against the boar from the side. With the strength granted by the bracelet, I manage to throw it off balance, causing it to tumble to the ground, and finish it with a stab. Finally.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Subject 01-03-51. Please return the way you came after placing the bracelet back where you took it from."

After doing so, I put on my old equipment again and Dr. Lennings guides me back to the entrance, not giving me much of a farewell. Weird guy. Oh well, I finished my job. So I return to the guild and hand in my report.
I was curious on what they were doing there. Nothing suspicious no? - Alias
Rewards
EXP: 125Reward: 25 GOther: N/A

FenrIIrz

> > >
Bandit Subjugation [SC0504]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Encounter a bandit, thief, or highwayman.
  • Stop them and apprehend them.
  • Note: The reward is reduced for killing them.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Fighting when greatly outnumbered is risky.
    • Report large groups of bandits to the guild.
Greedy criminals plague the roads of this region.Fortunately, most bandits in this area are unskilled and looking for coin.While they may be untrained, many are vicious and quick to play dirty.Don't get caught off guard if they pull out a poisoned dagger! Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
I encountered three bandits in the cave in the northwest. I already sent them to the guardhouse.

‘Wow, this is embarrassing. To think I actually got kidnapped.' This is Sil's first thought when he woke up. Sil was tied up, blindfolded, and being carried over the shoulder to someplace away from Scribel.

‘This is definitely not on purpose. I wasn’t planning to get kidnapped when I was sleeping by some… Who are these guys anyway?’ Then Sil was dropped on the ground and his blindfold is removed. He was in the cave with dim light from torches, in front of him there is three guys with red, blue and green shirt respectively.

"What do you want from me?"

“Ho~ It’s guy knows what he’s doing. We just gonna rob you and sell you to the slaver!” The guy wearing red said with a grinning face

"You guys are part of the bandit group?"

"Aye, AYe, AYE! We are Three Supreme Sky Brothers! Three of them said the monologue with a weird pose."

Stop it. You are going to kill with this humiliation. “You have only three people in this group?”

“N- No! We have a thousand men with a strength that can overrun the Scribel town!”

I swept the eyes around and found nothing but an entrance to the cave several meters away and these three bandits. ‘*sighs* Bad liars. Wait. Aren’t those just wooden weapon?!’

“Where we are?” Sil asked

“We’re at our secret hideout in the north from the farms!”

‘Great. Three hopeless Idiots. I should just beat them and hand them over to the guards. I’ll never tell anyone what happened today. This is fking too embarrassing’

Sil enchanted his body and broke the rope that was binding him. He shot up and landed an uppercut to the closest guy. Knocking Red out.

“Wha- Get him!” Shouted the blue one.

The green bandit leapt into the air and perform dropkick at Sil. Sil saw the kick coming at him and kicked his knee in midair. Green lost balance and fell. He toppled over in pain and was holding his leg.

‘Next one!’

Sil dashed towards Blue and slammed his fist in his gut. Sil stepped back and delivered a bolt of lightning to electrocuted him.

‘Now. Should I drag three to guardhouse or mental hospital first?’

Last edited:

Reciful

APPRAISED

Alchemist's Assistant [SC0307]
  • Sponsor: Alchemist's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit an alchemist from the Alchemist's Guild.
  • Bring 5 slime cores and 5 healing herbs as payment.
  • Spend the day collecting ingredients for the alchemist.
    • Note: Use a random item generator (A) (B) (C).
    • Pick some ingredients and look for them.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Are you interested in alchemy? Pharmacy? Witchcraft? Ahem.Thank you for the slime cores and healing herbs.We can use that to brew a weak healing potion.Meanwhile, here's a list of more ingredients I want you to find.Let's see... eye of newt... nightshade... bat guano... hmm...Come back when you've found them! :blob_evil: Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: 1 weak healing potion
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Alchemist Guild cauldrons and equipment

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 5 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Alchemists Assistant

Quest Report:
This is the 3rd time I'll do this quest.... & Finally I'll have access on the cauldron~

Killing slimes & gathering herbs from the forest Immediately. Gathering 5 of each, I give it to the Alchemist & proceed making potion.

For the third time, lets see..... How about witchcraft method?

Gathering the ingredients & preparing the equipment, finally following a procedure

Flip, plop, flip plop, flip... mixing~ mixing~ stirring~

Annnnd viola! alas the potion is done~

Witchcraft transforming Potion
Brewing MethodUnder the moonlight
EffectBeast Transformation
Primary ingredientAzaleas
Secondary ingredientHenbane
Duration1 day and 1 night
Side effect whilst potion is activeBloodthirstiness

Last edited:

Quaesitor

UNAPPRAISED
> > >
Delivering Medicine [SC0304]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Delivering Packages
  • Pick up a priority package from the guild.
  • Deliver the package ASAP.
  • Package must arrive on time and intact.
The Guild often receives urgent distress calls from nearby villages. We have a message about someone who is severely ill. Please deliver the medicine to the recipient as soon as possible. There are lives at stake! Rewards:
  • Other: A small "Thank You" gift
> > >
I know that I said "I'll never deliver packages again", I do, really. But... lives are at stake, okay!? And if no one else is going to do it, I will! ...also, the pay is good, sooooo I guess I'll make an exception? Anyway, no time to waste! I take the package, stash it in my bag, and enter a comfortable jogging pace as I get going. Should be the fastest way for a normal person like me to arrive.

It's easy to find the way with the signposts strewn about, but it gets harder and harder to keep going. No, no. No stopping now. Keep your breath in check. Keep running. You have to get there as quickly as possible. Time passes. My mind slowly blanks out as my body simply repeats the same movement of jogging onwards. At this point, it feels like I'm in a constant state of falling forward. And forward, and forward. Signpost. Turn left. Keep going...

Woah, almost blanked out there. No, no. I can't keep this up, time for a break. Slow down into a walk and keep going. Once my breath has normalized, it's jogging time again. But really, I hope I arrive before anything bad happens. For the reward... and for the person that might die. So I have to keep going. Alright, feeling better already. Time for jogg- ack! Seems like I spoke too soon... okay, not yet time for jogging.

After a few circles of walking and jogging, I arrive at the village. "Excuse me," I shout out of breath, "I'm here to deliver medicine! Where should I deliver it to!?"

A worried villager shows me the way to the healer's hut and I hand the medicine over to the healer. The contents turn out to be an assortment of strange herbs as well as a glowy liquid in a bottle. Or in other words, stuff I don't know anything about. The healer nods and proceeds to treat the patient with the stuff - probably, I can't tell because I'm already on the way back to Scribel City. This time, walking at a comfortable pace. Whew. At least no bandits this time.

Something rustles in the bushes to my right, and I see the glint of metal in the sunlight. Oh, you've got to be kidding me... I... don't think there is a single one, so, time to run!!! Dammit! As I dash towards the city, a group of armed and ragged men jumps out of the bushes behind me, shouting at me as I quickly put a safe distance between- holy, was that an arrow? They got bows!? RUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

Utterly exhausted, I arrive back at the guild and hand in my report, then collapse on a nearby bench to rest. Dammit...!

hunter3368

Evaluated Report
You Can Go the Distance!
  • Sponsor: Briele (Guild Library)
  • Required Level: N/A
Objectives:
  • Measure the distance in a straight line between two landmarks.
  • Use a constant or reproducible unit.
Many of the guild's maps are notoriously inaccurate and not-to-scale.
A major reason for this is a lack of good measurements.
Are you interested in becoming a cartographer? Help us out!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G

In the dark of the night, I was able to measure the distance accurately. By using my Lesser Shadow Transformation, I transferred myself 15 times before I got to the outskirts of the Forest Biome from the Scribble City North Gates. This meant that there is approximately 150 m between the outskirts of the North Scribble Forest and the Scribble City North Gates. I knew because I traveled in a straight line with my maximum transfer distance of 10 m.

Nonetheless, it still took me 15 seconds to do this because of the 1 second cooldown time of my ability. Thus, I submitted my report to Briele at the Guild Library.

-Shakeen's Journal, Day 1.

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

Customer Service Department [SC0208]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
> > >

She felt that today seemed easier compared to yesterday's work. At least, she could talk better compared to evaluating documents. She wondered if there was actually a difficult customer, as those customer's problem were solvable.

The first problem is to solve the dispute between the assassin rabbit beastman and the hunter group "scarface". The group felt that their bounty were always snatched by the assassin. The scarface team were specialized in hunting threats like monsters or dangerous wildlife. Some of their members were already level 7. Meanwhile, they couldn't compete against the deployment and movement speed of the assassin, whom was still level 5, which always end up in them being too late in hunting their mark.

For this, her solution was to relocate the hunter team to either Gelderholm, or Fuyu Machi. Unexpectedly, it was the assassin who took that option instead. The assassin said that sooner or later they would grow and Scribel City wouldn't be able to sustain them. At that, the assassin taunted them that she would leave them in the dust, and left.

She felt that the problem was solved for both party, but not solved. Though, when the core problem had been solved, she consider them as solved.

The second problem, a noble named Thessian Von Nikaius, demanded for exclusive access for him, for him to not be grouped in the same room as commoners. It seemed that he was the rumored type of noble who inherited the name and wealth, and none of those Noblesse oblige thing.

"Why do you join adventurer guild?" She said.

"What else? Glory! Riches! Women! Of course I had to have them all!" The man boasted.

She rubbed her forehead. She felt that the trouble in front of her would die sooner or later. Knowing that, it would be better for her to dissuade him from this line of thought.

"Certainly, sir. I would like to give suggestion, if I may."

"You may."

"If sir noble would like to be an adventurer, why not have a proxy? By taking sir noble's name as adventurer and sponsoring that person, his achievements are yours, also there would be no danger that would arrive to take sir noble's life. I think four of five adventurer died during their first year, sir. And I hate to lose someone as great and magnanimous as sir noble. Let adventurer adventure sir, and you just need to wait for the results."

"That certainly is an interesting proposition. But, that would be impossible without money, no?"

"It is, sir."

"Then how do you expect someone who came from another world like me to do something like that?"

Huh? a noble from another world? Then he was not a noble from this world? Knowing that, the noble deigned himself to work as adventurer might mean that he was not a stuck up person. She had to reevaluate him.

"Right. Sir, is there a problem do you have with other adventurer?"

"Of Course! Why wouldn't I took offense at even the thought of mingling with those dirty adventurer? They couldn't even take their basic hygiene and they expect to be taken seriously? I have more complaint about them. But at least, if those adventurer could do something about that, I have no problem in using the guild hall together."

"Then, sir. If it is the smell that bothered you, the guild is open 24 hours, seven days a week. You can go at 4 in the morning, where most people sleep. Don't worry, our receptionist, whoever he/she is, is always standby here."

"Really? Why would I have to be the one who move? Who in their right mind come to work at 4 in the morning?"

"Because you are the one who need it, sir." She told him truthfully. "I don't claim to know how nobility work, but our policy is made such that we could cover special needs too, like yours. Some of the adventurers do prefer this hour."

"Really?" He asked, sceptical.

"Yes."

"What are my other options?"

"You could, for example, send a courier for your report. The risk is yours to bear in this case."

"So... I could just send the quest report and quest item?"

"And your card, for verification."

After that, he left. She did not know what would happen after this. But that was the second customer done.

The third, fourth, and fifth customer she had only disputed their quest reward. It took her explaining on how the quest were evaluated to resolve them. After she finished her fifth customer, she submitted her report.

Last edited:

Vanus

> > >
Hostage Situation [SC0601]
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Missing Children OR
  • Prerequisite: Tracking the Thieves
  • Investigate the hostage situation.
  • Rescue the hostage.
The guild received a ransom note for a civilian who went missing a few days ago.We suspect that the civilian has been kidnapped by bandits.The notice asks for for 5000 G to be delivered to a remote location in the forest within 3 days.Can we trust you to handle this case before the deadline? Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
> > >
I stood in front of the quest board it appears that there had been a report of the kidnapping of a civilian and the authorities had come to the Adventurers Guild for some more private help. The face matches someone whom has been reported to me on the streets as missing 3 weeks ago. She is the bursar of a local academic guild related to the Goren Doles Magic Research Centre from my contacts.
Assertion: A hostage has been taken by the Crimson Coins recently and they appear to meet the description of the hostage in question, red hair, blue eyes and three scars running parallel across the entire face.
Conclusion: Further investigation into the woman is required to double check everything but likelihood of match is extremely high.
Assertion: To little time to search the city thoroughly.
Conclusion: Crimson Coins wears and hideouts must be searched instead
That was my thinking process when I accepted the mission roughly.

The first phase of the plan was investigating the more regular bars and taverns that the Crimson Coins function out of useful information to know but unlikely to actually lead anywhere since most of those people are well and truly "above board". Anyway the first phase I spent about a day on crawling between pubs and what not but the important bit is the conversations I overheard about when the move from the "outpost" to the forest zone is going to happen:
"Frank we going to be moving her in two days right?" Frank nods allowing the other man to continue, "Cause I'm a little jumpy about this you sure we didn't charge to much?" Frank nods again the second man sighs. "Okay well I'll head out to the outpost tomorrow then with the boys for the movement to the forest make sure to cover our exit well please." The second man sounded extremely worried though I could not get a proper look at him from my position.

First phase down however my timetable was cut shorter if I wanted to find her and get her out. Which at that point I didn't just locate the base and get back to Scribel the quest was at this point well above my pay grade.

I went off to find the exact base anyway I'd heard hints about it's location in the northern reaches of the forest though not that much there were 3 or 4 markers to look out for from my information collection. I've added 3 more markers as check guards.

1. Enter the forest on the road at the point where the forest is closest to Scribel
  2. There is a rock that has the moss cover on it broken and the thing looks like a face, turn left at it and go deeper into the forest.
  3. (Mine) If you hit a small stream after turning at the stone you have not been paying enough attention so back track about 5 metres and search for the next one.
  4. A tree that has been hit by lightning turn back to the north.
  5. (Mine) Bush with golden flowers the green leaves glow slightly though they might not actually be leaves do not touch it. Nearby to it is the actual sign.
  6. A broken sign. It has directions on it follow them to exacting detail
  7. (Mine there is a small section of logged trees if you see this going any further will put you in a place where the sentries can see you be extremely careful. Skirt clockwise and array in battle formation.
I was able to confirm that the individual matching the description was present and I was able to note that she was the bursar as well. 2 days left roughly for her extraction though immediate extraction likely preferable.

Epsil

EVALUATED
Quest: Weapon Training
Sponsor:
City Guards
Required Level: None

Objective:
Train with a skilled guard and learn a way to defend yourself as an adventurer. (Remember you're required to pay a 15 G training fee remember to bring it with you to the training grounds.)

Description:
With adventurers leaving behind children and those who can’t fend for themselves. We the city guard have an offer to make to you. Bring 15 G and we’ll have a guard give you training on a weapon of your choice for a day. Trust me, it's from the kindness of our heart we're giving you this training not because of budget issues.

Reward: Gain a understanding towards a single skill on the list:
  • Scribal guard swordsmanship (Unlike those with lances we can actually move in the city.)
  • Scribal guard lancemanship (What use is a sword when you can take your enemy out before they can even make it to you?)
  • Scribal guard archery (What use is a lance or sword when you’re firing from a distance.)
  • Scribal guard macemanship (Archery has distance, lances has range, swords have speed but they can’t deal with armor that’s when we come in.)
  • Scribal adventurer training (We do happen to have a few adventurers in our staff. In case you do want to learn something different but you'll have to ask for them. And, even then it's not guaranteed with such a troublesome group.)
Exp: 25
I approached the guards and handed them the payment.

"What skill do you want to learn today.", Guard A asked.

"Archery, I guess."

"Find Darlio, green haired elf.", Guard B chimed in.

The training grounds were very large, with many different terrains. There was a section that mimicked a mini forest, one which mimicked a mini mountain, and one that mimicked some plain empty land. I wandered around for a bit until I found a green haired elf, comfily sitting on a tree.

"Mr. Darlio?" I yelled, but the green haired elf didn't respond.

... you can't be serious.

"Green haired elf man?", Alias unenthusiastically called.

"Yes?", he quickly responded as he jumped down from the tree.

"Archery training, I see."

"Well actually..."

"Hmmm?"

"I want to train with this weapon." I took the gun out of my bag.

"Oh a pistol! I haven't seen one in ages. They're pretty easy, now c'mon follow me.", Darlio beckoned to Alias as he ran deeper into the forests.
"Try to keep up!"

I chased him for over 20 minutes, until he lead me... outside of the mock forest. Literally 40 feet from where I found him.

"Did you just..."

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Just cus."

Befuddled, Alias decided to not think about it. He waited for Darlio to finish setting something up.

A mock shooting range?

He brought an unarmoured training doll and placed it down.

"Now, whatever your name is. Stand 4 metres away and fire." instructed Darlio.

I did so, and missed.

"Try again, we won't stop until you can do it 2 times in a row. How many bullets do you have?", Darlio asked.

"Not enough."

"Well, you wanted to learn didn't you?"

I ended up using 3 bullets.

"Great. Now let's up the distance to 8 metres."

I ended up using 4 more bullets.

"Now lets try doing it while moving."

I used up 3 more bullets.

At the end of the day, I learnt how to use my pistol but sadly expended a lot of ammo.

Another bonus is that Darlio actually responds when I call his name now.
"Nice work! Due to approaching slime horde, and skills are useful skills."

Rewards: 25 EXP, Understanding regarding Firearm from Scribal adventurer Training

Last edited:
Quest (Evaluated)

> > >

Bad News [GH0201]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Office Work (Scribel)
  • Report to the Gelderholm city ministry.
  • Assist with the identification of dead bodies.
  • Inform families of their losses.
  • Conduct social work for affected families.
Ah, you're the new transfer office worker from Scribel City?
I think you'll be pleased to hear we don't get much paper work here. But...
—Oh, the soldiers are returning. It looks like they took heavy losses.
Come on, we have lots more dead bodies to identify.
Then we knock on the door of the families and tell them the bad news.
They'll probably break down and cry. There might be orphans.
Yeah, it's unpleasant... but our job is to help any way we can.
Rewards:
  • Money: 12 G
> > >

Upon arriving in Gelderholm, Zorion delivered the demonic boar quest report, he had gotten a good look around the city and discovered that the city was divided into various quadrants, but there is a certain unified difference in the inner city and outer city.

Most of the city’s facilities such as inns and major guild branches were situated in the outer city. The difference between the inner and outer city could easily be missed as the subtle but main difference was the height of the quadrant’s door arches.

The outer city mainly catered to all races, but the inner city was built when the dwarfs were only people that were in Gelderholm. And that was where the main government house resided.

Zorion had thought to reach the inner city to find the Gelderholm city ministry for this quest, but he was told he need not reach the inner city of Gelderholm. For the purpose of this quest there is a city ministry branch office, in the outer quadrants for the purpose.

Local soldiers are issued with small bronze name tags, and coupled with an appearance profile detailing their description identifying the bodies was swift.

It was what came after that was most difficult. Grief in Gelderholm was like an ocean, deep, dark and endless, it weighed on the people, drowning them.

Some cried, others silent, like they knew, knew before Zorion made their fears a reality. He embraced those that needed it, or just sat with those at needed company, talked with those that needed words.

The grief never ends. But procedure, in the name of government bureaucracy Zorion forced the conversation forward. He explained what was to come next, what support the city can provide the families.

Forms were filed in, Zorion made sure to clearly explain what they were signing, but all save a few were too numb to think.

Zorion wished the families had more time to process their grief before the signing of those waivers. But at times of war, such luxury was beyond the citizen of Gelderholm.

It was the longest day.

But it was done.

Last edited:

Epsil

I encountered three bandits in the cave in the northwest. I already sent them to the guardhouse.

‘Wow, this is embarrassing. To think I actually got kidnapped.' This is Sil's first thought when he woke up. Sil was tied up, blindfolded, and being carried over the shoulder to someplace away from Scribel.

‘This is definitely not on purpose. I wasn’t planning to get kidnapped when I was sleeping by some… Who are these guys anyway?’ Then Sil was dropped on the ground and his blindfold is removed. He was in the cave with dim light from torches, in front of him there is three guys with red, blue and green shirt respectively.

"What do you want from me?"

“Ho~ It’s guy knows what he’s doing. We just gonna rob you and sell you to the slaver!” The guy wearing red said with a grinning face

"You guys are part of the bandit group?"

"Aye, AYe, AYE! We are Three Supreme Sky Brothers! Three of them said the monologue with a weird pose."

Stop it. You are going to kill with this humiliation. “You have only three people in this group?”

“N- No! We have a thousand men with a strength that can overrun the Scribel town!”

I swept the eyes around and found nothing but an entrance to the cave several meters away and these three bandits. ‘*sighs* Bad liars. Wait. Aren’t those just wooden weapon?!’

“Where we are?” Sil asked

“We’re at our secret hideout in the north from the farms!”

‘Great. Three hopeless Idiots. I should just beat them and hand them over to the guards. I’ll never tell anyone what happened today. This is fking too embarrassing’

Sil enchanted his body and broke the rope that was binding him. He shot up and landed an uppercut to the closest guy. Knocking Red out.

“Wha- Get him!” Shouted the blue one.

The green bandit leapt into the air and perform dropkick at Sil. Sil saw the kick coming at him and kicked his knee in midair. Green lost balance and fell. He toppled over in pain and was holding his leg.

‘Next one!’

Sil dashed towards Blue and slammed his fist in his gut. Sil stepped back and delivered a bolt of lightning to electrocuted him.

‘Now. Should I drag three to guardhouse or mental hospital first?’
Nicely done! The criminals will be processed, and if deemed necessary, will be sent to a mental hospital. - ALias

Rewards

Epsil

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 5 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Alchemists Assistant

Quest Report:
This is the 3rd time I'll do this quest.... & Finally I'll have access on the cauldron~

Killing slimes & gathering herbs from the forest Immediately. Gathering 5 of each, I give it to the Alchemist & proceed making potion.

For the third time, lets see..... How about witchcraft method?

Gathering the ingredients & preparing the equipment, finally following a procedure

Flip, plop, flip plop, flip... mixing~ mixing~ stirring~

Annnnd viola! alas the potion is done~

Witchcraft transforming Potion
Brewing MethodUnder the moonlight
EffectBeast Transformation
Primary ingredientAzaleas
Secondary ingredientHenbane
Duration1 day and 1 night
Side effect whilst potion is activeBloodthirstiness
Sounds like a good potion! I bet someone would pay top dollar for it. - Alias

Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other:
    • 1 weak healing potion
    • Permission to use Alchemist Guild cauldrons and equipment

Epsil

UNAPPRAISED

I know that I said "I'll never deliver packages again", I do, really. But... lives are at stake, okay!? And if no one else is going to do it, I will! ...also, the pay is good, sooooo I guess I'll make an exception? Anyway, no time to waste! I take the package, stash it in my bag, and enter a comfortable jogging pace as I get going. Should be the fastest way for a normal person like me to arrive.

It's easy to find the way with the signposts strewn about, but it gets harder and harder to keep going. No, no. No stopping now. Keep your breath in check. Keep running. You have to get there as quickly as possible. Time passes. My mind slowly blanks out as my body simply repeats the same movement of jogging onwards. At this point, it feels like I'm in a constant state of falling forward. And forward, and forward. Signpost. Turn left. Keep going...

Woah, almost blanked out there. No, no. I can't keep this up, time for a break. Slow down into a walk and keep going. Once my breath has normalized, it's jogging time again. But really, I hope I arrive before anything bad happens. For the reward... and for the person that might die. So I have to keep going. Alright, feeling better already. Time for jogg- ack! Seems like I spoke too soon... okay, not yet time for jogging.

After a few circles of walking and jogging, I arrive at the village. "Excuse me," I shout out of breath, "I'm here to deliver medicine! Where should I deliver it to!?"

A worried villager shows me the way to the healer's hut and I hand the medicine over to the healer. The contents turn out to be an assortment of strange herbs as well as a glowy liquid in a bottle. Or in other words, stuff I don't know anything about. The healer nods and proceeds to treat the patient with the stuff - probably, I can't tell because I'm already on the way back to Scribel City. This time, walking at a comfortable pace. Whew. At least no bandits this time.

Something rustles in the bushes to my right, and I see the glint of metal in the sunlight. Oh, you've got to be kidding me... I... don't think there is a single one, so, time to run!!! Dammit! As I dash towards the city, a group of armed and ragged men jumps out of the bushes behind me, shouting at me as I quickly put a safe distance between- holy, was that an arrow? They got bows!? RUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

Utterly exhausted, I arrive back at the guild and hand in my report, then collapse on a nearby bench to rest. Dammit...!
The Guild thanks you for taking such a dangerous task. Everyone needs medicine. The bandits appearance will be noted, and it's area will be noted on the Bandit Subjugation quest. Thank you. - Alias

Rewards
  • Other: A small "Thank You" gift

Epsil

Unevaluated Report

In the dark of the night, I was able to measure the distance accurately. By using my Lesser Shadow Transformation, I transferred myself 15 times before I got to the outskirts of the Forest Biome from the Scribble City North Gates. This meant that there is approximately 150 m between the outskirts of the North Scribble Forest and the Scribble City North Gates. I knew because I traveled in a straight line with my maximum transfer distance of 10 m.

Nonetheless, it still took me 15 seconds to do this because of the 1 second cooldown time of my ability. Thus, I submitted my report to Briele at the Guild Library.

-Shakeen's Journal, Day 1.
@ohko
The distance is noted, however we will need someone else to perform the measurement to guarantee it's accuracy. - Alias
Rewards:

Epsil

> > >

Customer Service Department [SC0208]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
> > >

She felt that today seemed easier compared to yesterday's work. At least, she could talk better compared to evaluating documents. She wondered if there was actually a difficult customer, as those customer's problem were solvable.

The first problem is to solve the dispute between the assassin rabbit beastman and the hunter group "scarface". The group felt that their bounty were always snatched by the assassin. The scarface team were specialized in hunting threats like monsters or dangerous wildlife. Some of their members were already level 7. Meanwhile, they couldn't compete against the deployment and movement speed of the assassin, whom was still level 5, which always end up in them being too late in hunting their mark.

For this, her solution was to relocate the hunter team to either Gelderholm, or Fuyu Machi. Unexpectedly, it was the assassin who took that option instead. The assassin said that sooner or later they would grow and Scribel City wouldn't be able to sustain them. At that, the assassin taunted them that she would leave them in the dust, and left.

She felt that the problem was solved for both party, but not solved. Though, when the core problem had been solved, she consider them as solved.

The second problem, a noble named Thessian Von Nikaius, demanded for exclusive access for him, for him to not be grouped in the same room as commoners. It seemed that he was the rumored type of noble who inherited the name and wealth, and none of those Noblesse oblige thing.

"Why do you join adventurer guild?" She said.

"What else? Glory! Riches! Women! Of course I had to have them all!" The man boasted.

She rubbed her forehead. She felt that the trouble in front of her would die sooner or later. Knowing that, it would be better for her to dissuade him from this line of thought.

"Certainly, sir. I would like to give suggestion, if I may."

"You may."

"If sir noble would like to be an adventurer, why not have a proxy? By taking sir noble's name as adventurer and sponsoring that person, his achievements are yours, also there would be no danger that would arrive to take sir noble's life. I think four of five adventurer died during their first year, sir. And I hate to lose someone as great and magnanimous as sir noble. Let adventurer adventure sir, and you just need to wait for the results."

"That certainly is an interesting proposition. But, that would be impossible without money, no?"

"It is, sir."

"Then how do you expect someone who came from another world like me to do something like that?"

Huh? a noble from another world? Then he was not a noble from this world? Knowing that, the noble deigned himself to work as adventurer might mean that he was not a stuck up person. She had to reevaluate him.

"Right. Sir, is there a problem do you have with other adventurer?"

"Of Course! Why wouldn't I took offense at even the thought of mingling with those dirty adventurer? They couldn't even take their basic hygiene and they expect to be taken seriously? I have more complaint about them. But at least, if those adventurer could do something about that, I have no problem in using the guild hall together."

"Then, sir. If it is the smell that bothered you, the guild is open 24 hours, seven days a week. You can go at 4 in the morning, where most people sleep. Don't worry, our receptionist, whoever he/she is, is always standby here."

"Really? Why would I have to be the one who move? Who in their right mind come to work at 4 in the morning?"

"Because you are the one who need it, sir." She told him truthfully. "I don't claim to know how nobility work, but our policy is made such that we could cover special needs too, like yours. Some of the adventurers do prefer this hour."

"Really?" He asked, sceptical.

"Yes."

"What are my other options?"

"You could, for example, send a courier for your report. The risk is yours to bear in this case."

"So... I could just send the quest report and quest item?"

"And your card, for verification."

After that, he left. She did not know what would happen after this. But that was the second customer done.

The third, fourth, and fifth customer she had only disputed their quest reward. It took her explaining on how the quest were evaluated to resolve them. After she finished her fifth customer, she submitted her report.
A good day's work! - Alias

Rewards:

Epsil

I stood in front of the quest board it appears that there had been a report of the kidnapping of a civilian and the authorities had come to the Adventurers Guild for some more private help. The face matches someone whom has been reported to me on the streets as missing 3 weeks ago. She is the bursar of a local academic guild related to the Goren Doles Magic Research Centre from my contacts.
Assertion: A hostage has been taken by the Crimson Coins recently and they appear to meet the description of the hostage in question, red hair, blue eyes and three scars running parallel across the entire face.
Conclusion: Further investigation into the woman is required to double check everything but likelihood of match is extremely high.
Assertion: To little time to search the city thoroughly.
Conclusion: Crimson Coins wears and hideouts must be searched instead
That was my thinking process when I accepted the mission roughly.

The first phase of the plan was investigating the more regular bars and taverns that the Crimson Coins function out of useful information to know but unlikely to actually lead anywhere since most of those people are well and truly "above board". Anyway the first phase I spent about a day on crawling between pubs and what not but the important bit is the conversations I overheard about when the move from the "outpost" to the forest zone is going to happen:
"Frank we going to be moving her in two days right?" Frank nods allowing the other man to continue, "Cause I'm a little jumpy about this you sure we didn't charge to much?" Frank nods again the second man sighs. "Okay well I'll head out to the outpost tomorrow then with the boys for the movement to the forest make sure to cover our exit well please." The second man sounded extremely worried though I could not get a proper look at him from my position.

First phase down however my timetable was cut shorter if I wanted to find her and get her out. Which at that point I didn't just locate the base and get back to Scribel the quest was at this point well above my pay grade.

I went off to find the exact base anyway I'd heard hints about it's location in the northern reaches of the forest though not that much there were 3 or 4 markers to look out for from my information collection. I've added 3 more markers as check guards.

1. Enter the forest on the road at the point where the forest is closest to Scribel
  2. There is a rock that has the moss cover on it broken and the thing looks like a face, turn left at it and go deeper into the forest.
  3. (Mine) If you hit a small stream after turning at the stone you have not been paying enough attention so back track about 5 metres and search for the next one.
  4. A tree that has been hit by lightning turn back to the north.
  5. (Mine) Bush with golden flowers the green leaves glow slightly though they might not actually be leaves do not touch it. Nearby to it is the actual sign.
  6. A broken sign. It has directions on it follow them to exacting detail
  7. (Mine there is a small section of logged trees if you see this going any further will put you in a place where the sentries can see you be extremely careful. Skirt clockwise and array in battle formation.
I was able to confirm that the individual matching the description was present and I was able to note that she was the bursar as well. 2 days left roughly for her extraction though immediate extraction likely preferable.
The quest will be passed onto the Questboard, with an increased level reward. I can only offer you half the rewards as you did not rescue the hostage.
Rewards
  • Money: 15 G

Epsil

Quest (NOT YET Evaluated)

> > >

Bad News [GH0201]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Office Work (Scribel)
  • Report to the Gelderholm city ministry.
  • Assist with the identification of dead bodies.
  • Inform families of their losses.
  • Conduct social work for affected families.
Ah, you're the new transfer office worker from Scribel City?
I think you'll be pleased to hear we don't get much paper work here. But...
—Oh, the soldiers are returning. It looks like they took heavy losses.
Come on, we have lots more dead bodies to identify.
Then we knock on the door of the families and tell them the bad news.
They'll probably break down and cry. There might be orphans.
Yeah, it's unpleasant... but our job is to help any way we can.
Rewards:
> > >

Upon arriving in Gelderholm, Zorion delivered the demonic boar quest report, he had gotten a good look around the city and discovered that the city was divided into various quadrants, but there is a certain unified difference in the inner city and outer city.

Most of the city’s facilities such as inns and major guild branches were situated in the outer city. The difference between the inner and outer city could easily be missed as the subtle but main difference was the height of the quadrant’s door arches.

The outer city mainly catered to all races, but the inner city was built when the dwarfs were only people that were in Gelderholm. And that was where the main government house resided.

Zorion had thought to reach the inner city to find the Gelderholm city ministry for this quest, but he was told he need not reach the inner city of Gelderholm. For the purpose of this quest there is a city ministry branch office, in the outer quadrants for the purpose.

Local soldiers are issued with small bronze name tags, and coupled with an appearance profile detailing their description identifying the bodies was swift.

It was what came after that was most difficult. Grief in Gelderholm was like an ocean, deep, dark and endless, it weighed on the people, drowning them.

Some cried, others silent, like they knew, knew before Zorion made their fears a reality. He embraced those that needed it, or just sat with those at needed company, talked with those that needed words.

The grief never ends. But procedure, in the name of government bureaucracy Zorion forced the conversation forward. He explained what was to come next, what support the city can provide the families.

Forms were filed in, Zorion made sure to clearly explain what they were signing, but all save a few were too numb to think.

Zorion wished the families had more time to process their grief before the signing of those waivers. But at times of war, such luxury was beyond the citizen of Gelderholm.

It was the longest day.

But it was done.
Casualties of war. It's a damn shame. - Alias
Rewards:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Report - Appraised

Scouting the Lake [GH0702]
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Scout the perimeter of the lake.
  • Note any changes in the enemy status.
  • Note any changes in the poisoned fields.
  • Do not lure enemies to the city.
Information is essential to fighting any war, and we cannot afford to operate blind.
Please scout the lake and the Poisoned Fields and assess the damage.
Many varieties of new poisonous monsters have been discovered since the war.
Any information about the hydra's forces is invaluable.
Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G

Note: Commander Obsinase is busy, so I have to write this report myself, and had him signed the report as being truthful.

Today, I and my acquaintance went to scout the perimeter of the lake. It was just the two of us, because no one else wished to partake this operation with us, specifically, with me. Not that I care, and not that it was significant.

Along the way to the lake, the knight kept asking useless questions, and expected my answers. He seemed to be a good guy, but his mouth just won't stop. Didn't he know that it was rude to ask others too much? Well, talking to him was a great way to pass time, so I could still tolerate his presence.

There shouldn't be too many changes in the poisoned fields, although when compared to previous reports, the amounts of Hydra's minions seemed to increase, and looked a lot more restless. This information must be taken note, and reported back.

During our scouting mission, I encountered a group of monsters, which I proceeded to kill. They fought back, but with my systematic tactic, they fell after a while, leaving behind their corpses. After throwing the corpses into the field, I watched as some kinds of fish devoured their flesh, before retreating back to a safer area.

In conclusion, the movement of the Hydra's minions seemed to indicate some changes, and the area they frequented was getting bigger and wider. Further investigation should be conducted, sooner than later.

Signed by Obsinase, the Commander of 253rd squad of the Gelderholm Military Unit

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
UNEVALUATED

I approached the guards and handed them the payment.

"What skill do you want to learn today.", Guard A asked.

"Archery, I guess."

"Find Darlio, green haired elf.", Guard B chimed in.

The training grounds were very large, with many different terrains. There was a section that mimicked a mini forest, one which mimicked a mini mountain, and one that mimicked some plain empty land. I wandered around for a bit until I found a green haired elf, comfily sitting on a tree.

"Mr. Darlio?" I yelled, but the green haired elf didn't respond.

... you can't be serious.

"Green haired elf man?", Alias unenthusiastically called.

"Yes?", he quickly responded as he jumped down from the tree.

"Archery training, I see."

"Well actually..."

"Hmmm?"

"I want to train with this weapon." I took the gun out of my bag.

"Oh a pistol! I haven't seen one in ages. They're pretty easy, now c'mon follow me.", Darlio beckoned to Alias as he ran deeper into the forests.
"Try to keep up!"

I chased him for over 20 minutes, until he lead me... outside of the mock forest. Literally 40 feet from where I found him.

"Did you just..."

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Just cus."

Befuddled, Alias decided to not think about it. He waited for Darlio to finish setting something up.

A mock shooting range?

He brought an unarmoured training doll and placed it down.

"Now, whatever your name is. Stand 4 metres away and fire." instructed Darlio.

I did so, and missed.

"Try again, we won't stop until you can do it 2 times in a row. How many bullets do you have?", Darlio asked.

"Not enough."

"Well, you wanted to learn didn't you?"

I ended up using 3 bullets.

"Great. Now let's up the distance to 8 metres."

I ended up using 4 more bullets.

"Now lets try doing it while moving."

I used up 3 more bullets.

At the end of the day, I learnt how to use my pistol but sadly expended a lot of ammo.

Another bonus is that Darlio actually responds when I call his name now.
"Nice work! Due to approaching slime horde, and skills are useful skills."

Rewards: 25 EXP, Understanding regarding Firearm from Scribal adventurer Training

Epsil

EVALUATED
> > >
Healing Herbs [SC0102]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
> > >
I stood over some grass, his eyes panning over bits of grass.

I noticed the ones that glowed blue, and would pick those. It seems that I could sense the magic from the plants. I also found some twin and tri-flowers. The twin-flower emitted blue, but the tri-flower emitted a little bit of purple.

A side-effect from one of the plants? Maybe.

Touching any of these healing herb with my naked right hand, would cause them to wilt.

I collected 5 small sacks of healing herbs, as well as stuffing some into my pockets.

I then returned and submitted in the quest, along with the 5 small sacks.

Last edited:

InsertName

UNAPPRAISED APPRAISED
> > >

Hunting Mission [SC0205]
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >
BigGreen's Quest Report
~~~~ Today Gobo and I hunted down a mid-sized boar in the North Scribel Forest. However we were unable to bring back the boar due to a pack of Dire wolves in the area. We inturn hunted a few horned rabbits for the guilds kitchen. They were unhappy with what little meat we were able to procure, but at least they were happy to have the extra meat.~~~~
I start the day with Gobo and I having our breakfast for the day and stopping by Pierre's place to say hi. It looks like other adventurer's are starting to head out towards the other empires, from what Pierre told me. We say our goodbyes to Pierre and head off towards the Adventure's Guild.

I wanted too try out my new fighting skills with my spear, so Gobo and I accepted an easy quest for me to try. It looks like the guild kitchen needed some more meat today and gave out a quest for adventurer's to go out and hunt some meat for them. I accepted the request at the receptionist desk and Gobo and I headed out towards the Northern Scribel forest.

Gobo and I have seen a couple good sized prey, when we went to go pick herbs. We scouted towards our usual herb foraging spot and found nothing that would be enough for our quest, so we went further into the forest. The guild has expressed their concerns over the high appearance of predators in the forest lately, may be due to the incoming slime horde.

While Gobo and I searched in the inner forest, we notice a small watering hole. If there was going to be any place that prey would stop by, this would be the spot. So Gobo and I hid near the water hole and waited for any prey to show up.

It was quite boring to say the least, just waiting for something to may be show up eventually. As Gobo and I were about too look for a new area to search, a little rustle was heard in the bushes. Gobo and I focused and stared at the area near the bush. A boar was came out of the bush and walked slowly towards the water hole. This was what Gobo and I were waiting for.

I told Gobo to guard the area and too stop the boar from running away, if it tried. I stalked slowly to the boar, ever so quite to not let my presence to be known. I was in perfect position, now to wait for the perfect time to strike.
NOW!

I lunged towards the Boar with my spear and it pierces through it's hide, but doesn't pierce though it's whole body. I pull out my lodged spear and begin to press on the attack. The startled boar cry's out in pain and start to panic and try to run away. I get a few shallow attacks on the escaping boar, until Gobo surprises the runnning boar and shield bashes it towards a tree. With the boar momentarily stunned, I rush towards it and use all my strength to stab it. My spear this time pierces it all the way and the boar gets skewered unto the tree with my spear. The boar flails a bit more until it eventually dies. My first hunt with my weapon, a success. All that Gobo and I needed to do now, was carry this big guy all the way back to town now.

I quickly prepare a make-shift rickshaw to carry the boar in, while Gobo stands guard. With all the fresh blood around, who knows whats going to come here. With my shoddy looking rickshaw finally made, I put the boar on and Gobo and I start to leave the inner forest.

--------
Not long after leaving we could hear wolves howling from the area we just came from. Gobo and I hurried our pace out of the area, before those wolves caught onto our tails. Unfortunately it looked like that didn't matter because we could hear the howling coming closer and closer to us, it also didn't help that my make-shift rickshaw was quite unstable. As we were running, I eventually made up my mind and decided to leave the boar carcass behind. May be then the wolves wouldn't chase us any more, hopefully.

Looks like today wasn't our lucky day... getting our prey stolen from us, now getting chased by wolves. As Gobo and I were about to escape the inner forest area, three Dire wolves rushed toward us. These damn wolves still chasing us, even after we gave them our prey.

I tell Gobo to close his eyes and then I cast a Light Flash Bomb in-front of the 3 Dire wolves. I shout to Gobo to go for their back legs first. If we can't kill them at least we can wound them and run away. Gobo and I rush towards the nearest blinded Dire wolf and attack both of it's hind legs. The dire wolf whines in pain, while the other 2 wolves shake off the effect of my Light Flash Bomb. Before the 2 other wolves could launch their attacks, I cast Light Vines to chain both of them up. I quickly lunge my spear to the bound wolf and pierces it's bound legs, while Gobo does the same to other. Good, now with the 3 dire wolves unable to chase after us any longer, Gobo and I make our escape out of the inner forest.

We finally exit the inner forest area and decide to rest near the herb foraging area. As Gobo and I take a breath of relief, we noticed now that we didn't have anything for our quest now. I wouldn't want to go back into the deep forest, now that the wolves are hunting right now. Gobo and I decided on just catching a few Horned rabbits near us, at least the guild kitchen would have some extra meat today.

Last edited: