Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Guarding the Entrance [GH0601]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Guard the entrance to the dwarven city.
  • Sound the alarm in the event of an attack.
  • Defend the entrance.
The hydra's minions attack swiftly and without warning.This isn't a cushy job where you can just relax and take a snooze.We need you to be vigilant. This is a siege.An assault on the city can come at any moment. Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
I've already been in the tunnels, so now it's time to man the walls and do some military work. While the city is under siege, it has managed to hold on until now, and I'll have fortifications, so it shouldn't be that dangerous. Thus I accept the quest and head to the walls.

The first few hours pass peacefully, but I don't manage to relax for a single second as I am well aware that an attack could start at any second. Unnerving. Very unnerving. Waiting for something terrifying to happen but not knowing when it will happen is a terrible feeling. Time passes and I almost wish that an attack would happen - just so that I don't have to wait anymore - but then I remember how terrifying combat is and rein myself in.

Then, suddenly, I spot something moving far away in the shadows. Straining my ears, I can faintly hear something moving in the distance. Better safe than sorry! Without hesitating, I sound the alarm. The walls are already completely manned with guards ready for combat before the first enemies arrive within our range and a fierce erupts. I run around, supplying various defensive siege weapons with ammunition, pass messages around, and as a defender gets hit and falls off a siege weapon I man it in his place. Good thing I had some training for this.

I manage to operate the weapon - though not as efficiently as the defender before me - and it doesn't take long before another, more trained defender swaps with me. At this point, a few of the attackers have managed to scale the wall so I draw my sword and enter the fight on the wall, stabbing and slashing at the various snakes. Not too soon after, the fight is over - there aren't a lot of injured on our side and many snakes dead, but... as far as I know, that has never bothered the Hydra.

Dejectedly, I return to the guild at the end of the day and hand in my report.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Rank D Promotion Exam - Part 1
  • Required Level: 9
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: A King’s Hand
  • Agree to meet the Pirate King.
  • Join the Pirate King’s ranks.
  • Do not be discovered as a spy.
The Guild has reviewed your reports, and there is a change in priorities.
The Seven Pirate Kings of the North Sea are a dangerous enemy.
We have determined that infiltrating their organization is a high-priority goal.
You are hereby ordered to cancel all previous missions in Spire Reef.
Focus all of your future attention on satisfying this “Pirate King”.

Rank D Promotion Exam - Part 2

Sponsor
Pirate King "Black Fog"
Objectives
  • Meet the Pirate King “Black Fog”.
  • Get laughed at for being weak.
  • Demonstrate your loyalty to Pirate King “Black Fog”.
  • Arrange the deaths of your 20 closest alliesin Spire Reef.
    • Must include all personal NPCs your character has met in the region.
    • Must include captain, second-in-command, friends, lovers, etc.
  • Note: Faking their deaths is not permitted.
Description
Arhahaharaha! You’re a funny one, did you know that? You think you’re great just because you’re the best of this tiny little pirate cove? Nobody takes the “pirates” from Spire Reef seriously! You’re all just worthless cannon-fodder of the Black Sea! The top of a mountain of trash is still trash! If you want to get anywhere the big fish swim, you’ve got to join one of the Pirate King armadas!

Hahaha! And you want to join mine?! That’s a funny joke! You’re weaker than my toilet scrubbers!

But sure! You amused me, and I think you’ll continue to amuse me. You can be an officer in my armada, as long as you pass my test.

I want you to kill everyone that you love, and arrange the death of all your allies in Spire Reef. Let’s see… your captain? Your second-in-command? Your best mage? Your best friend? Your lover? Your chef? Your little protege? I want them all dead. Prove to me that you don’t have any lingering “attachments” to this city of trash. You can’t be my officer if there are others you still want to protect.

Of course, I’ll be watching. Never think that I am not watching you. I know more about you than you might think.
Reward
EXP:
Money:
40 G
Items:
Rank D Certificate
Pirate King "Black Fog" Tattoo
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (53)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti Ari Fiel
Level: 9 (10300/9000) ???
Quest: Rank D Promotion Exam
Evaluation:
  • Slaves killed:
    • The children and young ones that saw her as a beacon of hope and relied on her presence to adjust to their new life of slavery
    • Norril, the promising young tailor in the making
    • Lila, the sneaky little thief with a good heart
    • Leo, the weakest and youngest slave that had the most heartwarming smile
  • Red Serpents killed:
    • Her close comrades and brothers-in-arms, that gave her a place to call home
    • Old Larry, the loyal guardian of the Red Serpents and the one named the Crimson Dragon's Shield
    • Raeliana, the boisterous great-axe wielding captain
    • Luca, the lethal sniper who is but an adorable child
    • Kian, the original often-quiet but caring first mate and Ari's lover
  • The Dark Siren and Crow were left alive, due to their ambiguous relationship with Ari, and the fact that they are servants/comrades of the Pirate King "Black Fog"
A man shadowed by murky fog stood before her, as Ari silently resisted the great urge to kneel and beg for mercy from the tremendous pressure in the air. Although his face was concealed by darkness, she could sense his amusement at her silent struggle, leaning his head against his palm casually and arrogantly. With her very soul being slowly crushed to death, she stared unwaveringly at the man seated smilingly atop the dark throne.

Counting the seconds of the standoff in her mind, at least half an hour had passed before she finally began to buckle under the colossal weight of his presence. Just before she did so, however, a slow chuckle emerged from the man's lips, alongside the slow but alleviating uplift of the tension in the air.

"I see why you like this one Crow." He commented lazily, with a vague foggy voice that hung in the air like an unshakable mist, as a man suddenly appeared beside him from the shadows.

Ari's eyes widened immediately when she laid her eyes on the newcomer. The male with raven-coloured hair was someone she had met very recently afterall, him being the very person that gave her the invitation letter for today. Except that now, a pair of midnight-coloured wings protruded off his back like a cloak of dark feathers. Smiling at her briefly, he responded to Black Fog's vague comment.

"Yes, I think she has potential." He replied politely as the Pirate King stared scrutinizingly at Ari's appearance.

"Me too~" A seductively melodic voice called out from the same darkness Crow appeared from, shocking Ari once more. Slowly, a dark-skinned woman walked into the light whilst swaying her hips. Dark Siren, the mysterious witch Ari had helped recruit for the Red Serpents, winked at her teasingly before heading to the left side of the throne.

"We'll have to see how good this piece of trash is after the test." The Pirate King smirked, as Ari suddenly felt a strong sense of unease creeping up on her...
---
Ari's gaze was hollow as she wandered the most dangerous slums of the city, weaving into and out of various shady shops for the equipment needed to complete the task set. Suppressing the warm memories threatening to flood and overwhelm her heart, she set forth for her first destination, Crow's clothes shop.

A man was at the counter chatting to a customer, oblivious to the fact that someone had slipped behind him and into the backroom. The lights flickered dimly as dozens of slaves were hard at work, mending, creating and producing garments like a factory line. Their eyes were almost as hollow as her own, but as soon as they saw her, they immediately brightened.

"Sister Ari!!!" They called out enthusiastically, rushing over to her like as a horde of little and big children alike. Enveloping her in their warmth, friendship and trust, Ari felt a dagger trace and tease her heart with guilt.

"Shhh, I'm here to sneak you guys some extra food! Don't be so loud!" She lectured with a forced fake smile, hugging the malnourished youths desperately to hide her inner turmoil.

Passing the slices of bread around, the children thanked her eagerly with a shining purity, eagerly nomming their spoils before heading back to work.

Suddenly, the sound of a loud thud resounded in the room.

If I had another chance... I would've freed you guys from this prison.

Another painful thud was heard.

If I had another chance... I would've given you guys a feast to eat every day.

More and more thuds fell in the small workroom.

If I had another chance... I would never meet or befriend you guys.

Silently, tears welled in her eyes as she sat on the wooden chair in the centre of the room, surrounded by corpses of the children she treasured and murdered.
---
Wandering around the clothing store listlessly like a ghost, Ari finally found one of the children she'd been searching for.

"Ari!" A fluffy-haired boy called out to her enthusiastically, wanting to rush over and give her a hug but unfortunately being in the middle of sewing a new clothing piece.

"I'm glad to see you're well, Norril. How have you been?" She smiled vaguely at the boy, who seemed to have been 'promoted' since the last time she came here. She could definitely see why though, considering the beautiful and precisely-sewn dresses adorning the room's interior.

"I've been good! Lila's been able to snatch us a lot of food lately from the pantry so we've been feasting every day!" He spoke excitedly, before finally finishing a particular stitch and running into her arms.

Hugging the boy with so much potential gently in her embrace, she smiled once more.

"I'm glad, Norril. Truly glad..."

She spoke gently... as she thrust a dagger swiftly into his heart.

As the frozen blood on her clothes and hands dispersed into an icy mist, she closed his widened eyelids before standing in the middle of the room silently.
---
Suddenly turning towards a particular corner of the room discreetly hidden by a curtain resembling a wall, she found a startled and shivering little kitten staring at her in disbelief and fear.

"A-A..ri... w-why?" Lila choked out between her sobs, trying to curl herself into a ball and disappear.

"...I'm sorry it has to be this way."

Ari replied calmly, as the blood of yet another victim stained her hands once more. Gently closing her eyelids as well, she kissed her forehead before heading towards the underground basement.
---
"A..ri?" A weak voice called out to her from one of the cells, the rest of them devoid of any human life.

Turning towards the source, Ari looked at the youngest slave crumpled into a ball in a corner of his cell. His breathing was shallow and weak, with his skin flushed and perspiring constantly. A makeshift blanket was swept over his body, most likely stolen from the store by Lila.

"Leo... I'm glad I found you."

Ari smiled weakly at the pitiful child, before freezing and destroying the lock on the cell door and entering. Resting his head atop her lap, she wiped down his body gently as he leaned against her comfortably, pleased to see her again despite being so weak. She faintly noticed his fluttering eyelids as she looked after him.

"H...how have you been...? Wh...ere did you go? Have you been we...ll?" Leo choked out after much exertion, as Ari continued just smiling wordlessly at him.

"I've been well." She replied softly, as the child resting on her lap finally dozed off, his expression pure and trusting as his little hand gripped onto her clothes.

Gently slitting his throat, Ari slowly felt herself being suffocated by the guilt of her bloody deeds, with a pair of invisible hands clutching her throat as she exited the building.

She felt a pair of eyes watching her as she left, the man with raven-coloured hair and wings smiling at her as she left.
---
As she headed back to the Red Serpents' pirate ship, with dry tears staining her eyes and an unstable breathing pattern, she was suddenly pulled into someone's familiar embrace.

A hand held her chin as she stared into those mesmerizing ruby-like eyes, a look of worry and concern washing over his face as he frowned. "What's wrong Ari? What happened?" He asked anxiously, not able to bear the sight of his lover looking so worn down.

"...Kian..." She mumbled softly causing his eyes to flash with worry and affection.

"...Who was it?" He asked in a low tone, with anger beginning to boil within the depths of his eyes.

"Ah, no, I just had a nightmare while taking a nap. Nothing serious happened." She smiled weakly as she caressed his face.

"Sorry to worry you, I was just in a bit of a daze from it..." She laughed softly, as Kian's worries were slowly alleviated by her explanation.

"...Alright." He answered with a sigh as he pulled her into a tight hug, running his hand through Ari's brown strands of messy hair.

"Let's head back, everyone's waiting for you to start the party afterall." He smiled at her as his hand slid downwards and wrapped her hand in his, gently pulling her along as they strolled back to their pirate ship.

"Oh, did you pass Raeliana the note I sent you?"

"Of course... though I hope it isn't true."

"Thank you... and yes, same here."
---
The party was well underway, with drinks, laughter and joy resounding on the ship's deck. Ari had been congratulated over and over again by her brethren, as a fake smile was plastered stiffly on her face. Whilst drinking and humouring Rae, playing party games with little Luca and dancing with Kian, a sense of dread and anxiousness permanently weighed down on her chest. Mistaking it to be caused by the note she passed on, Rae and Kian, the two closest pirates to her, huggled and looked at her pitifully.

Finally, the play began, as pirates began dropping like flies on deck, leaving mountains of dead bodies. Ari, who was emotionally overwhelmed, cried out as she watched her brothers fall. Flashbacks of the kind ways each and every one of them had treated her flooded her mind, such as when one of them offered to carry her back after a particularly arduous mission, or when one of them pulled her along when she was being chased by a sea creature or when one of them smuggled her one of her favourite desserts from a noble's house.

Sobbingly sadly yet tiredly, the play continued until only five of them were left, Ari, Rae, Kian, Luca and Old Larry. By now, Raeliana had shattered the glass bottle in her hands from her fearsome grip, her rage clear for anyone to see.

"You know... I didn't want to believe what you told me, Ari. I really didn't. But with the truth right here in front of my eyes, I suppose there's no way I can avoid the truth any longer." Raeliana spoke slowly through gritted teeth, as blood leaked between the fingers of her tense fist from the shards of glass.

"Oh, what do you know Rae? Who is the culprit?" Larry asked inquisitively, glancing towards Ari suspiciously.

Rae nodded towards Kian briefly, prompting Larry to turn towards him, just as Raeliana shot out with her greataxe, swinging it directly towards Larry's head.

Without even turning back, Larry smiled sadly as he accepted his fate. "So you'd rather trust the words of a stranger rather than my own... ah, how far the Crimson Dragon has fallen..."

He commented pitifully, before falling to the wooden floor dead, drowning in a puddle of his own crimson blood.
---
As everyone was shocked and confused by what had just happened, Ari activated her prepared spell, freezing the last three Red Serpents in place and restricting each of their limbs. Not giving Raeliana a chance to react, she quickly stabbed her through the chest, smiling wearily at her shocked and rage-filled drinking buddy.

"Thank you Rae, for being an amazing captain and friend over this past year. I... will never forget you." Her forehead scrunched up in pain and sorrow, as new tears rolled down her face.

"Stu...pid..." Was all Raeliana could mutter grumpily as she drew her last breath, perishing as a beautiful ice statue. The bloodline of the Crimson Dragon... was no more.
---
Suddenly, an arrow flew at her from the side, aimed perfectly for her heart as she calmly stepped out of the way.

"You monster! How could you?!" Luca screamed hysterically, sending arrow after arrow at her as she walked towards him, having freed his arms from the ice restricting him. Avoiding the arrows calmly with ease, she stood still, facing the shaking little fellow in front of her.

"Thank you Luca, for being the most adorable and talented little brother I could ever have." She ruffled his hair playfully with one last smile, as he stared at her with hate and confusion, slowly being encased in her creeping ice forever.
---
Finally, it was time to confront the one she had been avoiding the most, the one she used the love of so cruelly, submerging him in a false dream of mutual love.

Kian stared at Ari calmly, as the last pair standing of this bloody feast. Finally, after some time of pure silence, he spoke first.

"...did you ever love me?"

As tears rolled down her face, she momentarily hesitated before responding.

"No."

"You liar." He chuckled sadly, realizing everything that moment of hesitation had meant in her heart. After spending so much time with her, he had grown to know things about her that she didn't even know herself.

After another short period of silence, he asked another question.

"Can I... see what you really look like?"

Blinking in surprise, Ari smiled wearily at the man she had inevitably fallen for and nodded.

Using one of the nearby torches lighting up the night, she reached her hand through the fire to access her Phoenix Realm. Pulling out an anti-parasite tablet and swallowing it, her body suddenly starting warping and shifting, becoming taller, healthier and stronger. Manipulating the natural elements disguising her body, her eyes returned to their original icy blue and fiery amber colours, and her hair slowly coloured itself a velvety dark purple. Finally, she chanted a short magic spell, calling her voice larva to climb back up her throat and be spewed out of her mouth.

"Felicia El Freliti, at your service." She smiled towards Kian, who continued being frozen in place and watched her entire transformation.

"You look like a princess, Felicia." He laughed, happy that he could at least see who he had fallen for before his death.

Chuckling briefly at how close his words hit home, Felicia finally stepped closer towards the blond-haired pirate, whilst taking a sip of the poisoned wine, and pressed her lips against his.

Taking her in willingly, he allowed their tongues to intertwine and the poison to flow down his throat, eagerly savouring her taste mixed with the sweetness of the wine.

Breaking free of the ice encasing him, he firmly pressed her body against his own in their last loving embrace, as she circled her arms around his neck.

Breathlessly, they parted, as his strength began to falter and the life in his eyes began to fade.

"I love you." He called out faintly, as he leant on her shoulder, savouring her presence until the very end.

"I love you too... thank you... for loving me." She whispered tearfully, as she laid him to rest gently on the ship's deck.
---
As she stood on the open deck, watching the sunrise wearily, a flirtatious voice called out from behind her.

"That was such a wonderful play you put on last night, it truly broke my heart to watch." The Dark Siren smiled at her playfully, as Felicia turned back emotionlessly.

"...did I pass?"

"Oh of course! Our pirate king was incredibly pleased to hear about your performance, even I can't believe you got your captain to kill her uncle using fake evidence, ah, such an evil yet wonderful plan!" She praised vigorously, although with no reaction at all from Felicia.

"...I see, thank you." She responded dryly, causing the Dark Siren to smile even brighter.

Suddenly, a stinging pain attacked Felicia's right shoulder, as a dark mist enveloped and pierced her skin.

"Don't mind me~ Just giving you your tattoo~" She hummed as Felicia looked at her inquisitively. Even when the black magic was complete, Felicia didn't look at it once, just continuing to stare dazedly into the overwhelmingly bright sunrise.

"Well, I'll be off now. If we need you, we'll send you a message no matter where you may be, so you're free for now! Until next time~"

She blew a kiss before she vanished, leaving Felicia alone amidst the sea of blood and corpses in an emotionless daze.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal
Report Status: Unappraised

> > >
Diplomacy and Government Exam [SC0404]
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Tax Collection
  • Study for the Diplomacy and Government Exam.
  • Take the Diplomacy and Government Exam.
  • Pass with a score of 90% or above.
All government officials in Scribel must pass an exam to attain their posts.
The exam has a written component and a practical component.
Oral examiners may have unique ways of administering the practical exam.
If you pass this exam, you are recognized as an "Official Guild Representative".
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: Official Guild Representative License
> > >

She had been holing up in the library, studying for the exam for two weeks without break. Though, at this point, she felt like she couldn't cram any more knowledge into her head. She was sure she had forgotten content of the first book she had read at this point. Grabbing the book, flora and fauna of scribel region, she began to read another book.

---

Her third week in the library turned her head into a mush. She wanted to stop, but there was still ten shelves of book she hadn't read. Grabbing the book, "cults and you, how to attain the most benefit from a cult", she continued to read. She technically did not need to sleep, nor did she have a need for sustenance. Thus, she spent all of her days with books. Her eyes saw nothing but words, words, words, with the occasional diagrams.

The librarian offered her a beverage called "coffee", to help with her tiredness. She appreciated the offer, truly. But she gained nothing from that, different biology and all. Thinking about biology, was she even alive? To quote from one philosopher she had read in the book, he said that, "I think, therefore I am." But, she did not breathe. The book "Identifying Evil Around You, a step-by-step Guide for Prospective Paladin", had classified her into undead, since no one considered water alive, and she moved using unknown force.

She thanked him, and continue her reading.

---

She felt sad, when reading the Snape guy sacrificed himself. After Dumbledore's gambit, Snape's memory revealed that it was all to protect Harry. At first, she hated the character. How he pinned after Harry's mom, despite the mom being happily married with the guy named James. Though, after the devotion Snape showed to Lily, she felt that it was a mistake for her to marry James. They were childhood friends, they grew together, then he was bullied by this gang of students, and then she left him for the bully? She really hated James.

Her head during the last few days were filled with stories. Picking up the next book, Harry Potter and the Cursed child, she continued to read.

---

She looked at the librarian's hand. using the chalkboard and chalk, he began to write.

"So... if you look at this diagram, you can see the radius of the fireball spell is determined by the parameter x in the spell formula ..."

She listened at his voice, looked at his face, smelled the perfume of his. He was what she wanted. She wanted him to be beside her after this, helping her, guiding her, giving her the answer to every question she asked.

"Do you understand, Watery?"

she nodded.

"Then... let's try to solve this problem. Please design the spell circle for the fireball spell, 1200K, fire duration 5 minutes, speed 30 m/s, and diameter 5m."

she began to write on the board. The spell circle she needed for this has radius of 31 cm, which she could slot with 17 runes at maximum. Taking 13 runes should be possible to solve this question. She began to write the solution on the board.

"Hmm... okay. That would achieve that. This might be an advanced chapter for this, but you can use seven runes for this, like this..."

He began to write his own solution, explaining the interaction of each rune with each others and with the circle.

"Okay, you seem to understand this chapter. Let's move on to the next."

---

After reading and solving so much problem involving the numbers, she felt enjoyment when she encountered the problem described in the book. She felt like she had gained enlightenment after all this time. The world felt simple to her, when everything could be described in numbers.

Returning to that shelf, she placed the latest book she had read, "The Theory of Everything". She looked at the bookshelf.

"Mastering the Thunder magic, by Ramuh" seemed to be the last one on this bookshelf. After she read this book, she had to move on from this part. She had to part from her beloved numbers. A little bit of melancholy filled her (metaphorical) heart.

She began to read.

---

The first book in the last shelf was titled "Diplomacy 101". Reading it, she was reminded of her original purpose.

How many days had passed? She asked the librarian, what date it was.

"12th of July. Why?"

Three months... she had been reading the book in the library for three months almost non-stop. What about the exam?

"I haven't studied for diplomacy exam..." she said, her volume low.

"You're here to study for diplomacy and government exam?"

She nodded.

"Then... what you've been doing, it's to study for it?"

she nodded once again.

He facepalmed. He then rose from his chair and went outside his desk. She followed him, as he moved to the last shelf.

Taking that exact diplomacy 101 book, he gave it to her.

"Okay. You just need to learn from this book. Almost all of the people whom I've suggested that book passed that exam in one to two tries. No need to read the others in the shelves. I thought you just like book, that you've spent everyday here reading everything."

"Thanks."

"If you have any question, just ask me. I'll be on my desk as usual."

---

She felt like she aced the written portion. Now, she just have to solve the oral portion.

"Alright. The Holy Human Empire is known as a place that discriminate against non-humans. Suppose that you are asked to be an envoy from here to there to establish relations between us, what do you propose?"

She had no idea. That book diplomacy 101 did not cover her case of non-humanity and establishing relationship with hostile opponent.

Alright, there should be a book that talked about this case. She began to dig her memory.

Question, is the belief pervasive in the empire? Does the empire taught their children to discriminate? She assumed yes. From "Brainwashing for Fun and Profit", as long as the leader's image stood perfect, majestic, unassailable, and larger than life, the leader could easily control the masses with his charisma. The "The dissection of Gamer - a Threat Analysis of the Gamer-type Otherworlder" had said that the charisma build was the most profitable, even if it was not physically powerful. Each of their word was a mind control.

"We kill their higher up, sir."

"Huh?"

"To remove the brainwashing of the citizen from that empire, we have to inject them with our own brand of brainwashing. Therefore, we need to install a puppet of our own whom aligned with our interests. It is best if the puppet figure is charismatic, as the figure before it was."

"Can... can you speak that once again?"

"Establishing a relationship between us and them is frankly, impossible. The Scribel City had the characteristics of the enemies that they hate. Otherworlders with their various races are getting stronger everyday, and it is inevitable that the otherworlders would spread from this city instead of staying here.

Knowing that, what do they think of us? The belief in the supremacy of human may be threatened by the growing power of otherworlders. I observed that the adventurers are the people who had the drive to be stronger the most in this city. A lot of them are not content with this status quo of weakness. Sooner or later, we will clash."

"I... I see. So, you are saying that it is impossible?" The examiner said.

"Not necessarily. Like I've said before, a long-lived race like elf can carry out this plan of transforming the empire to our liking. Our first target is the children, and for that, we need the education in that empire to change. Thus, firstly, we need to kill the empire's officials and gain access to the material taught to the children, and modify it.

To complement that, we need to assassinate the king too, and make sure that the empire is controlled by a regent of our choosing. To be honest, this plan is simply impossible to do with our strength. But in the future..."

"Alright. I've heard enough. You can go now."

she left.
"We received the report of your exam, miss Watery...

"I'm afraid you have failed it. The examiner's note your suggestions weren't realistic and that they focused excessively on the long term, with no real aim for the short and mid-term. It also made use of methods that could be heavily frowned upon and might harm Scribel's relationships with their neighbors should word of it ever spread.

"That said, you still passed the written exam, so you'll gain a part of the rewards.

"May the gods help you more with your studies."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Tag as appraised, please~

Himekawa

appraised
> > >

Escort Duty [SC0407]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Join a caravan of traders.
  • Protect the merchants and their caravan.
  • Ensure the safe arrival of the merchant's goods to their destination.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
The Merchant's Guild is hiring guards to escort their next caravan.
It might take a few days or weeks, but the pay is decent.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G / person
> > >

"This time, you took this quest?" The man who was with her yesterday said.

"Well... since you guys dispatched those thieves, I doubt that there are any more thieves." She replied.

"Tch. Your mouth will bring us a bad luck, you know?"

"Who knows?"

She felt that the day would be an easy one. She deserved it after all.

---

"Halt! You must pay if you want to go through here!"

She and her big mouth. After the first group she incapacitated, the second group emerged in one day. After the guard captured the second group, another group appeared in front of her. Why was her luck so bad on this way?

Two versus ten. She couldn't count on the merchant in the caravan to help her, obviously. Knowing this, she prepared for combat.

"I'll go in front, you support me in the back, how about that?"

"Sure... sure. a sharpshooter like you in the front. Why are you passing the sharpshooter role exam, again?"

She shrugged. "I don't know myself. My range is not that long too. Why I passed was a mystery." Watery said. Transforming her left hand into its gun form, she attacked the first one.

Nine more to go. 30 seconds before she had enough heat for another bullet at the current rate, that is, if she didn't create a longsword in her hand.

the second of them fell, and she charged. She just have to keep drawing heat through the surface of her weapon. 20 seconds before she had her third shot.

While she was charging to the nearest one, her teammate launched an arrow. The thieves already scattered from their encirclement, some of them were charging at her, some of them were flanking at her, and four of them flanked the wagon.

She had no time to waste. Her charge at the enemy was parried by the one she currently fought. Leaving the sword to her ground, she reformed another sword, reloading the bullet shot in the process.

Third one fell. The horse where the third one fell was there, blocking the direction between the ones behind the one she just shot and hers. Meanwhile, the one on her flank were already there, his weapon stance ready to cleave her overhead.

She received his attack with her sword, slowing the force he exerted slightly as the impact hit her sword. Already, the cracks formed in her sword. She knew she was overpowered by the man at this moment. Thus, her solution was to tranform the ice barrel into water, and then transform it into another sword.

With her sword free to stab the man, she did it, and the fourth fell.

Two more in front of her, and four she remembered heading to the caravan. glancing at the caravan direction slightly, she saw that one of them had been felled by her teammate. Her teammate had entered close combat, abandoning the bow he wielded previously. five to go.

She would prefer if they were demoralized and leave the caravan for the moment. The two she was against was already set up a flanking motion. They forwent their horses and stood there on foot.

She retreated, distance was another weapon on her arsenal. She truly had to learn more about tactics, because she thought if she was not hasty before and charge at them, she could be in a better position at the moment. It was because her enemies was only untrained ones at the moment. Her recent encounter against the magic-wielding warriors in the city before had shown that her combat ability was actually low.

Thinking about her construct, with them easily broken like that, she wondered if there was a way to create a better ones that wouldn't break under stress. she had this problem with her sword.

She melted the sword in her hand, and prepared two barrel. While retreating, she continued to aim at one of them, until the other one was in her field of vision. Their decision to forgo the horse seemed to bite them back, as her flying speed was faster than they run.

As they were in her vision, she shot. one fell, while the other one halted.

It seemed that that one was not intending to fight anymore, thus she focused on her teammate.

He had killed another, yet the two in front of her pushed him back into defensive.

dropping the ice barrel, she reformed another one. Already, this fight took more than half her reserves. With that, she shot on those two, and they fell. her teammate shoved his sword inside one of them, when he saw the chance.

The fight ended, and they continue their journey to Asteria Village.

---

They arrived safely at the Asteria Village. After this, she just need to return and report this, and her task was done.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Report Status: Unappraised

Twilight Paladin Pannonia Branch Headquarters

Syn's Perspective
The enemy had somehow gotten wind of our mission, and worse yet, our headquarters' location. Outside the ritual chamber, pass the sealed double doors, I could hear the fighting in the main hall. The screams of dying men and women. The clanging of sword on shield, the dull thuds of steel cutting through flesh.
Back inside the ritual chamber, the last few touches of the teleportation ritual circle are being completed. The dastardly ecumenical council's combined forces may outnumber us Twilight Paladins by more than 6 to 1, but we will not go down without a fight. And while it hurts me that I am not charging out of the chamber to fight alongside my brothers and sisters, to slay just a few more of those accursed bastards, to give them a taste of Dawn and Dusk's bite, Olivia, our mistress, had assigned me a mission that may very well be worth more than the lives of all of us in this branch.
And so, I must travel through the teleportation portal and reach Tonia, to seek the Tears of the Gods, and deliver all of us from the clutches of the damned council.

'Brother, the ritual is now complete. You must go on your way now, before the heretics break into the chamber. May Olivia's blessing be with you.
Ego ad crepusculum et crepusculum fata mea et fides.'

Indeed. I must not let the sacrifice of my brothers and sisters be in vain. I can only trust that the main branch of our Order will enact our vengeance.

'Ego ad crepusculum et crepusculum fata mea et fides, brother. May we meet again before Olivia's graces.'

So, I passed through the glowing blue portal with the weight of the fate of my Order on my back.

And came out throwing up on the other side, in Tonia.

Something's not right. My body feels heavy and far less responsive. *Blurgh*

"Woah there! Outworlder, are you alright?"

I looked up, and saw a man covered by a large blue cloak, with a cloud motif all over, and long white hair extending out from his hood. Tag: @FlutterOfCrows

"Where... where am I? Are you with the... *blurgh*... ecumenical council, or the order?"

"You're in Tonia! Welcome to Scribel City! No clue about the order or the ecu-something council though! You should really try to stop puking in here though."

Outworlder... what the ... I thought Tonia was just to the far west of the Land of the Morning Star?

"Mhm. I'm Syn. What's your name? And where can I find a tavern with a toilet around here?"

*blurgh*

OOC: This is my first time doing a quest so please correct me if I am doing it wrong. This report is not written in the formal report format as my character literally just arrived in town and does not even know the existence of the Adventurer's Guild. Also, hello! *Waves hand* @ @FlutterOfCrows I hope this is not considered forcefully wrangling your character to do something?
OOC: Since it's not formally done or anything, I'll just give you the rewards without saying anything IC~

Also, only one quest per post, so... I'll just give you the rewards for the friend one, alright?

Rewards:
Exp:

Please tag it as appraised~

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Rank E Promotion Exam [SC0501]

Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives
  • Survive for two weeks without any weapon except a knife.
  • Travel through Gem's Ravine and climb Bighorn Mountain.
  • Retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Bird Nest.
  • Return to Scribel City with the egg intact.
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious weapons. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ You can have a knife instead. Much of the world is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~! Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day!
Reward
EXP:
Money:
30 G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)

Flying above the river in the ravine, she wondered if someone was currently watching her. Perhaps the guild evaluator did follow her and evaluating her action right now. how else would they know that she had stayed in the ravine for 2 weeks? Remembering the disgruntled face of the guild worker who were supposed to seize her belonging when she said that she could form those from her body, she wondered if this hypothetical examiner would do so too, after knowing that she could just merge with water body and waited for two weeks?

So far, there was no disturbance to her flight. Perhaps, if she landed on the ground, she might see one. Should she just swim from this moment? She wondered if that hypothetical guild evaluator would be able to track her if she did it. Perhaps, maintaining her shape instead of dispersing in the water might do it. She should just swim on the surface, just in case.

It was just that this exam felt not like an exam. The two week might be long for the adventurer who were supposed to do their camping trip. But, she had decades of staying on her lake before, just being there without going anywhere. Though, she did not want to not actually do anything. Perhaps, she could save time by going to the bighorn mountain first.

Arriving at the end of the canyon, she saw a waterfall extending above. The next task was to climb the bighorn mountain. Thus, she just levitated herself. Looking above, she saw a colony of birds. Perhaps, that was the aforementioned Kukuu birds? Then, thinking about the quest in her mind, the next thing she needed to do was to look for the Giant variant of those birds, she guessed, and look for their nest.

Plan A - go into the nest, steal the egg, and evade the pursuit of the bird. From the top of the ravine, she had to go down, directly to the body of water in the ravine and enter it. Then she would see if the bird could swim.

For plan B... she thought, and thought. Yet, she couldn't make another plan at all. She'll just see whatever came up on her mind later, she guessed.

A giant bird was a giant bird. It was apparent when she looked close to it. The bird cawed at her, probably asking her to leave. Hovering in front of the bird, she wondered what she should do.

The bird roosted on its nest. That meant that she couldn't take it unless she made the bird move. Yet, even when she was in front of it, the bird didn't move at all.

Was the bird calling for its mate or something? She turned her head, looking for the hint of another bird. Above, below, left, right, front, and back, she didn't see any that would attack her. The bird continued to caw at her.

She didn't know what to do after this. She supposed she could kill the bird and get the egg. But somehow, attacking them felt wrong. Just a mother or father, wanting to protect their descendant. She didn't know what made their behavior like that. It was like they were a reverse parasite, where they raised the other eggs as their own. Though, she didn't know what drove them to do their kidnapping behavior. Motherly instinct? couldn't differentiate the eggs of other species, and took it to keep it safe? If they didn't kill the other species's eggs and raised them... what made them do that?

She turned back.

---

How should she complete this quest...

First, she should observe them. What kind of animal egg got stolen by the Kukuu birds around here? Stalking one, she observed how kukuu bird lived, how they looked for their prey. But, she hadn't seen any egg stolen by a Kukuu. why was it stealing eggs?

She wanted to try something. Making an egg-shaped ice, she placed it on the place where the Kukuu usually went the past few days. If the fake egg was stolen, she had her next plan.

Well... her plan was a bust. That would be too easy, she guessed. The kukuu did swoop in when it saw the egg. But, released it immediately. Masquerading herself as an egg and let her be taken was not an option, then.

she was stumped. There was something inside her that insisted that she should just leave the eggs be, and she couldn't make it go away.

Desperate times call for a desperate measures.

---

"I'm sorry."

She waited until one of the kukuu nest was empty of its owner. Stealing one, she hurried and to return to the guild and ask them if she completed the part where she had to steal the egg intact. She didn't know how to care for an egg. Temperature? Pressure? If she left it be, the egg might die. Thus, arriving at the guild, she asked for her evaluation, asking if they could hurry it up because she had to return it. After getting her evaluation, she left, returning to the mountain.
"Good job getting the egg, miss Watery, I pray you'll be able to return it there soon.

"Congratulations on your promotion.

"May the gods keep guiding you through the right path."

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 30G
Others: E-rank Promotion
The Egg you're going to give back anyways~

OOC: Tag as appraised~

Himekawa

> > >

Objectives:
If you pass this exam, you are recognized as an "Official Guild Representative".
Rewards:
> > >

After studying together with that guy in the library, for one week, she felt like she was prepared.

Like before, she felt that the written exam was easy. After she had finished filling the answers, she continued to the next one, the dreaded oral test. Opening the door, she saw someone on a chair, her head looking up. A man clothed in white was there, shining some kind of light source on the woman's face.

"Alright, please open your mouth. Say aaa..."

was she in the wrong room? Looking at the door, she saw the paper, "Oral Examination for Guild Employee." A little doubt rose on her mind. Opening it once again, they both looked at her direction.

"What is it?" The man clothed in white asked.

"This is the oral examination site, right?"

"Yes. Please write your name on the paper there, and wait until you are called. And please, don't open the door while I'm working. You'll get your turn."

Relieved at the man's answer, she took the aforementioned paper, and write her name. Then she closed the door.

She waited at the hall. After the previous woman came out, her name was called.

"Watery."

Pushing the doorknob, she entered the door.

"Alright, please sit on the chair, I'll prepare the tools first."

what would the oral examination be? She had read the part about torturing the spy in one of her novels. Perhaps she would be entrusted to some secret in her future as a diplomat, and this was the test to withstand that.

"Alright, before we begin the exam, I need to know a few things. Name?" the man asked, his clipboard in his hand.

"Watery." she heard the man scribbling something on the clipboard as the pencil made contact with the paper. After that, the man continued.

"Species?"

"Water." she said.

"Age?"

"235 in human years."

"In term of your species, is that young or old? Are you a child?"

She had never met other water spirit in her world. Though, she heard of the tales of the four great spirit serving the kingdom, each one was the partner of the Hero during the four crisis of the kingdom. Considering the oldest one was around five thousand years old and still serving the kingdom, she was sure she was pretty young.

"Life expectancy beyond 5000 years old."

"Well... if we scale that to a human, you are young, indeed. So you are not a child?"

She was unchanging since her birth. Was she still a baby? A baby was considered a child, right?

"I am."

"Dietary needs?"

"Water."

"Nothing else?"

"Nothing."

"Alright. Let's begin the exam. Please open your mouth." The man in white said, as he began to light a lamp above her face.

Her mouth was a construct, just for mimicking what the human considered face. What should her mouth look like? should she mimic human one? the only anatomy book in the library was only that of a human.

creating the teeth, tongue, and uvula, and other parts of human mouth, she opened hers. The man then put some kind of implement inside her mouth.

"Well... It seems like your species is curiously like human. Each one of your teeth is good, no cavity is there. No deformation either. Alright... I think we are good. you can close your mouth."

the man retracted that implement, and she closed her mouth.

"It must be because of your diet that your tooth is well-maintained. Perhaps your ancestor descended from an omnivore. I'm a little bit curious honestly. I'll write the result of the test, and you can bring this to the receptionist okay?"

No torture? What was that exam supposed to be?

thanking the man, she returned to the receptionist, giving her test result.

AliceShiki

Appraisal
> > >

Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >
She felt that she didn't know what she should do at the moment. While waiting for her quests to be evaluated, she wanted to just rest after her travel to the gem ravine. She has no intention to be a merchant, but the air around Asteria village feel pleasant to her. Thus, once more, she took the merchant quest.

As far as she knew, the last thief group she encountered before had not been subjugated yet. Though, hopefully she would get a peaceful journey for that day. As she arrived to the merchant guild's warehouse, she gave the worker there her quest.

Like before, she preferred to use her own body to pull the carriage. She couldn't imagine how much it cost if the horse was killed, when an old horse costs 2500G. At least, she could minimize the needless expenditure. Thus, transforming into her horse form, she set off.

---

It was annoying. The thief group from before spoiled her mood. She took a moment to observe them once again in order to find a route to break through. Once again, she looked at the space between the two horses. This time, she prepared to create an ice blade with her, to cut them as she broke through. Lining the wooden handle that tied her to the wagon with water, she moved the horse body.

She created a crescent-shaped blade in the front of the wagon. The thief immediately move out when seeing the blade. Then, her task for that moment was to rush to Asteria village, while shaking out the pursuit of the thieves.

'Don't they learn, that their horses couldn't compete against I in terms of stamina and speed?'

She wondered how long the thieves were pursuing her, as she stopped only when she reached Asteria Village. Thus, her supposed enjoyment of the countryside were ruined by the thieves.

Taking the wagon to the guild worker there, she took her proof of delivery, and went back.
"You're certainly a hard worker, miss Watery. Well done.

"May the gods keep you motivated now and forevermore."

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 30G

OOC: Tag as appraised please~

AliceShiki

Appraisal
> > >

Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Merchant Guild License

> > >

She didn't care if she needed to pay guards her remaining income from the slime invasion. Taking that 60G, she hired six guard with her. With one driving the carriage for her, and the remaining ones on horseback, she expected that those band of thieves wouldn't be able to disturb her. She just wanted to enjoy the scenery in countryside. What was so hard about that?

Apparently, their persistence was. They appeared in front of her once again.

"Can I entrust this to you?" she asked the man beside her.

"you're a city guard too, you know..."

"Yeah. But that's why I hired you guys, no?"

"Honestly... I don't get you... wasting so many G for this one quest. Well, men. You heard what the lady said."

"I'm tired. I just want to enjoy the journey... is that hard to believe?"

"No.That's not hard alright."

Apparently those thieves were not a match against a group of trained guards. even with their slightly superior number, the guards were able to dispatch them with ease. They tied those men and brought them to the relay station.

Thus, finally, she could enjoy the journey through the countryside.
"Thank you for solving this issue, miss Watery, it is much appreciated.

"Having the road to Asteria plagued with thieves would do us no good, and it could really harm the village's well-being... Please give me a moment, I want to check something."

*goes to another room for a bit*
*comes back after a few minutes*

"I have checked with the higher ups and they allowed me to give you a slightly bigger reward since you took care of the thieves without even taking the bandit subjugation quest. It is much appreciated, I'm sure the gods are please with your hard work.

"May they always guide your steps."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 40G
Others: Merchant Guild License

Bochi

QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Quest Report (53)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti Ari Fiel
Level: 9 (10300/9000) ???
Quest: Rank D Promotion Exam
Evaluation:
  • Slaves killed:
    • The children and young ones that saw her as a beacon of hope and relied on her presence to adjust to their new life of slavery
    • Norril, the promising young tailor in the making
    • Lila, the sneaky little thief with a good heart
    • Leo, the weakest and youngest slave that had the most heartwarming smile
  • Red Serpents killed:
    • Her close comrades and brothers-in-arms, that gave her a place to call home
    • Old Larry, the loyal guardian of the Red Serpents and the one named the Crimson Dragon's Shield
    • Raeliana, the boisterous great-axe wielding captain
    • Luca, the lethal sniper who is but an adorable child
    • Kian, the original often-quiet but caring first mate and Ari's lover
  • The Dark Siren and Crow were left alive, due to their ambiguous relationship with Ari, and the fact that they are servants/comrades of the Pirate King "Black Fog"
A man shadowed by murky fog stood before her, as Ari silently resisted the great urge to kneel and beg for mercy from the tremendous pressure in the air. Although his face was concealed by darkness, she could sense his amusement at her silent struggle, leaning his head against his palm casually and arrogantly. With her very soul being slowly crushed to death, she stared unwaveringly at the man seated smilingly atop the dark throne.

Counting the seconds of the standoff in her mind, at least half an hour had passed before she finally began to buckle under the colossal weight of his presence. Just before she did so, however, a slow chuckle emerged from the man's lips, alongside the slow but alleviating uplift of the tension in the air.

"I see why you like this one Crow." He commented lazily, with a vague foggy voice that hung in the air like an unshakable mist, as a man suddenly appeared beside him from the shadows.

Ari's eyes widened immediately when she laid her eyes on the newcomer. The male with raven-coloured hair was someone she had met very recently afterall, him being the very person that gave her the invitation letter for today. Except that now, a pair of midnight-coloured wings protruded off his back like a cloak of dark feathers. Smiling at her briefly, he responded to Black Fog's vague comment.

"Yes, I think she has potential." He replied politely as the Pirate King stared scrutinizingly at Ari's appearance.

"Me too~" A seductively melodic voice called out from the same darkness Crow appeared from, shocking Ari once more. Slowly, a dark-skinned woman walked into the light whilst swaying her hips. Dark Siren, the mysterious witch Ari had helped recruit for the Red Serpents, winked at her teasingly before heading to the left side of the throne.

"We'll have to see how good this piece of trash is after the test." The Pirate King smirked, as Ari suddenly felt a strong sense of unease creeping up on her...
---
Ari's gaze was hollow as she wandered the most dangerous slums of the city, weaving into and out of various shady shops for the equipment needed to complete the task set. Suppressing the warm memories threatening to flood and overwhelm her heart, she set forth for her first destination, Crow's clothes shop.

A man was at the counter chatting to a customer, oblivious to the fact that someone had slipped behind him and into the backroom. The lights flickered dimly as dozens of slaves were hard at work, mending, creating and producing garments like a factory line. Their eyes were almost as hollow as her own, but as soon as they saw her, they immediately brightened.

"Sister Ari!!!" They called out enthusiastically, rushing over to her like as a horde of little and big children alike. Enveloping her in their warmth, friendship and trust, Ari felt a dagger trace and tease her heart with guilt.

"Shhh, I'm here to sneak you guys some extra food! Don't be so loud!" She lectured with a forced fake smile, hugging the malnourished youths desperately to hide her inner turmoil.

Passing the slices of bread around, the children thanked her eagerly with a shining purity, eagerly nomming their spoils before heading back to work.

Suddenly, the sound of a loud thud resounded in the room.

If I had another chance... I would've freed you guys from this prison.

Another painful thud was heard.

If I had another chance... I would've given you guys a feast to eat every day.

More and more thuds fell in the small workroom.

If I had another chance... I would never meet or befriend you guys.

Silently, tears welled in her eyes as she sat on the wooden chair in the centre of the room, surrounded by corpses of the children she treasured and murdered.
---
Wandering around the clothing store listlessly like a ghost, Ari finally found one of the children she'd been searching for.

"Ari!" A fluffy-haired boy called out to her enthusiastically, wanting to rush over and give her a hug but unfortunately being in the middle of sewing a new clothing piece.

"I'm glad to see you're well, Norril. How have you been?" She smiled vaguely at the boy, who seemed to have been 'promoted' since the last time she came here. She could definitely see why though, considering the beautiful and precisely-sewn dresses adorning the room's interior.

"I've been good! Lila's been able to snatch us a lot of food lately from the pantry so we've been feasting every day!" He spoke excitedly, before finally finishing a particular stitch and running into her arms.

Hugging the boy with so much potential gently in her embrace, she smiled once more.

"I'm glad, Norril. Truly glad..."

She spoke gently... as she thrust a dagger swiftly into his heart.

As the frozen blood on her clothes and hands dispersed into an icy mist, she closed his widened eyelids before standing in the middle of the room silently.
---
Suddenly turning towards a particular corner of the room discreetly hidden by a curtain resembling a wall, she found a startled and shivering little kitten staring at her in disbelief and fear.

"A-A..ri... w-why?" Lila choked out between her sobs, trying to curl herself into a ball and disappear.

"...I'm sorry it has to be this way."

Ari replied calmly, as the blood of yet another victim stained her hands once more. Gently closing her eyelids as well, she kissed her forehead before heading towards the underground basement.
---
"A..ri?" A weak voice called out to her from one of the cells, the rest of them devoid of any human life.

Turning towards the source, Ari looked at the youngest slave crumpled into a ball in a corner of his cell. His breathing was shallow and weak, with his skin flushed and perspiring constantly. A makeshift blanket was swept over his body, most likely stolen from the store by Lila.

"Leo... I'm glad I found you."

Ari smiled weakly at the pitiful child, before freezing and destroying the lock on the cell door and entering. Resting his head atop her lap, she wiped down his body gently as he leaned against her comfortably, pleased to see her again despite being so weak. She faintly noticed his fluttering eyelids as she looked after him.

"H...how have you been...? Wh...ere did you go? Have you been we...ll?" Leo choked out after much exertion, as Ari continued just smiling wordlessly at him.

"I've been well." She replied softly, as the child resting on her lap finally dozed off, his expression pure and trusting as his little hand gripped onto her clothes.

Gently slitting his throat, Ari slowly felt herself being suffocated by the guilt of her bloody deeds, with a pair of invisible hands clutching her throat as she exited the building.

She felt a pair of eyes watching her as she left, the man with raven-coloured hair and wings smiling at her as she left.
---
As she headed back to the Red Serpents' pirate ship, with dry tears staining her eyes and an unstable breathing pattern, she was suddenly pulled into someone's familiar embrace.

A hand held her chin as she stared into those mesmerizing ruby-like eyes, a look of worry and concern washing over his face as he frowned. "What's wrong Ari? What happened?" He asked anxiously, not able to bear the sight of his lover looking so worn down.

"...Kian..." She mumbled softly causing his eyes to flash with worry and affection.

"...Who was it?" He asked in a low tone, with anger beginning to boil within the depths of his eyes.

"Ah, no, I just had a nightmare while taking a nap. Nothing serious happened." She smiled weakly as she caressed his face.

"Sorry to worry you, I was just in a bit of a daze from it..." She laughed softly, as Kian's worries were slowly alleviated by her explanation.

"...Alright." He answered with a sigh as he pulled her into a tight hug, running his hand through Ari's brown strands of messy hair.

"Let's head back, everyone's waiting for you to start the party afterall." He smiled at her as his hand slid downwards and wrapped her hand in his, gently pulling her along as they strolled back to their pirate ship.

"Oh, did you pass Raeliana the note I sent you?"

"Of course... though I hope it isn't true."

"Thank you... and yes, same here."
---
The party was well underway, with drinks, laughter and joy resounding on the ship's deck. Ari had been congratulated over and over again by her brethren, as a fake smile was plastered stiffly on her face. Whilst drinking and humouring Rae, playing party games with little Luca and dancing with Kian, a sense of dread and anxiousness permanently weighed down on her chest. Mistaking it to be caused by the note she passed on, Rae and Kian, the two closest pirates to her, huggled and looked at her pitifully.

Finally, the play began, as pirates began dropping like flies on deck, leaving mountains of dead bodies. Ari, who was emotionally overwhelmed, cried out as she watched her brothers fall. Flashbacks of the kind ways each and every one of them had treated her flooded her mind, such as when one of them offered to carry her back after a particularly arduous mission, or when one of them pulled her along when she was being chased by a sea creature or when one of them smuggled her one of her favourite desserts from a noble's house.

Sobbingly sadly yet tiredly, the play continued until only five of them were left, Ari, Rae, Kian, Luca and Old Larry. By now, Raeliana had shattered the glass bottle in her hands from her fearsome grip, her rage clear for anyone to see.

"You know... I didn't want to believe what you told me, Ari. I really didn't. But with the truth right here in front of my eyes, I suppose there's no way I can avoid the truth any longer." Raeliana spoke slowly through gritted teeth, as blood leaked between the fingers of her tense fist from the shards of glass.

"Oh, what do you know Rae? Who is the culprit?" Larry asked inquisitively, glancing towards Ari suspiciously.

Rae nodded towards Kian briefly, prompting Larry to turn towards him, just as Raeliana shot out with her greataxe, swinging it directly towards Larry's head.

Without even turning back, Larry smiled sadly as he accepted his fate. "So you'd rather trust the words of a stranger rather than my own... ah, how far the Crimson Dragon has fallen..."

He commented pitifully, before falling to the wooden floor dead, drowning in a puddle of his own crimson blood.
---
As everyone was shocked and confused by what had just happened, Ari activated her prepared spell, freezing the last three Red Serpents in place and restricting each of their limbs. Not giving Raeliana a chance to react, she quickly stabbed her through the chest, smiling wearily at her shocked and rage-filled drinking buddy.

"Thank you Rae, for being an amazing captain and friend over this past year. I... will never forget you." Her forehead scrunched up in pain and sorrow, as new tears rolled down her face.

"Stu...pid..." Was all Raeliana could mutter grumpily as she drew her last breath, perishing as a beautiful ice statue. The bloodline of the Crimson Dragon... was no more.
---
Suddenly, an arrow flew at her from the side, aimed perfectly for her heart as she calmly stepped out of the way.

"You monster! How could you?!" Luca screamed hysterically, sending arrow after arrow at her as she walked towards him, having freed his arms from the ice restricting him. Avoiding the arrows calmly with ease, she stood still, facing the shaking little fellow in front of her.

"Thank you Luca, for being the most adorable and talented little brother I could ever have." She ruffled his hair playfully with one last smile, as he stared at her with hate and confusion, slowly being encased in her creeping ice forever.
---
Finally, it was time to confront the one she had been avoiding the most, the one she used the love of so cruelly, submerging him in a false dream of mutual love.

Kian stared at Ari calmly, as the last pair standing of this bloody feast. Finally, after some time of pure silence, he spoke first.

"...did you ever love me?"

As tears rolled down her face, she momentarily hesitated before responding.

"No."

"You liar." He chuckled sadly, realizing everything that moment of hesitation had meant in her heart. After spending so much time with her, he had grown to know things about her that she didn't even know herself.

After another short period of silence, he asked another question.

"Can I... see what you really look like?"

Blinking in surprise, Ari smiled wearily at the man she had inevitably fallen for and nodding.

Using one of the nearby torches lighting up the night, she reached her hand through the fire to access her Phoenix Realm. Pulling out an anti-parasite tablet and swallowing it, her body suddenly starting warping and shifting, becoming taller, healthier and stronger. Manipulating the natural elements disguising her body, her eyes returned to their original icy blue and fiery amber colours, and her hair slowly coloured itself a velvety dark purple. Finally, she chanted a short magic spell, calling her voice larva to climb back up her throat and be spewed out of her mouth.

"Felicia El Freliti, at your service." She smiled towards Kian, who continued being frozen in place and watched her entire transformation.

"You look like a princess, Felicia." He laughed, happy that he could at least see who he had fallen for before his death.

Chuckling briefly at how close his words hit home, Felicia finally stepped closer towards the blond-haired pirate, whilst taking a sip of the poisoned wine, and pressed her lips against his.

Taking her in willingly, he allowed their tongues to intertwine and the poison to flow down his throat, eagerly savouring her taste mixed with the sweetness of the wine.

Breaking free of the ice encasing him, he firmly pressed her body against his own in their last loving embrace, as she circled her arms around his neck.

Breathlessly, they parted, as his strength began to falter and the life in his eyes began to fade.

"I love you." He called out faintly, as he leant on her shoulder, savouring her presence until the very end.

"I love you too... thank you... for loving me." She whispered tearfully, as she laid him to rest gently on the ship's deck.
---
As she stood on the open deck, watching the sunrise wearily, a flirtatious voice called out from behind her.

"That was such a wonderful play you put on last night, it truly broke my heart to watch." The Dark Siren smiled at her playfully, as Felicia turned back emotionlessly.

"...did I pass?"

"Oh of course! Our pirate king was incredibly pleased to hear about your performance, even I can't believe you got your captain to kill her uncle using fake evidence, ah, such an evil yet wonderful plan!" She praised vigorously, although with no reaction at all from Felicia.

"...I see, thank you." She responded dryly, causing the Dark Siren to smile even brighter.

Suddenly, a stinging pain attacked Felicia's right shoulder, as a dark mist enveloped and pierced her skin.

"Don't mind me~ Just giving you your tattoo~" She hummed as Felicia looked at her inquisitively. Even when the black magic was complete, Felicia didn't look at it once, just continuing to stare dazedly into the overwhelmingly bright sunrise.

"Well, I'll be off now. If we need you, we'll send you a message no matter where you may be, so you're free for now! Until next time~"

She blew a kiss before she vanished, leaving Felicia alone amidst the sea of blood and corpses in an emotionless daze.
"Ouch! That one's gonna leave a scar. Maaa, I'm not going to remark on others' life choices, but I hope everything you did was all worth it in the end, yo. Regret can be something more frightening than any monster. Have a pleasant day."

Rewards:
300 EXP
40 G
Rank D Cert
Tattoo

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Quest Report: Goblin Subjugation (Not Appraised)
"Sorry to disturb~" Niv walks into the guild a bit cut up to turn in the report and the ears
so i went outside town to hunt for goblins, annoyingly coordinated as they are i figured hunting them down would be difficult. i was right, luckily i didnt run into any hordes or anything, i dont think i ran into any clan. the camp was bigger than i needed, so if anyone wants to hunt the rest down, they're located southeast to the city. i only took three goblin's lives because i dont have the strength to fight more than that, hell fighting just three was the worst. i even lured them away one at a time, shaking trees puts them on alert, and they still got me a bit. I wish i could use my guns. Long story short: I killed three but the camp may still be active.
"I'm glad you came back safely, miss Niv. I'll report the camp's position to the higher ups and it will probably be listed for subjugation soon.

"Be more careful next time though, trying to lure enemies from their camp is very dangerous, what would you do if you were overwhelmed by too many goblins going after you at once?

"I have already seen too much death this week, I'd appreciate if I didn't have to see yours as well... Please take better care of yourself.

"May the gods guide you through the safest path, always."

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 14G

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

Appraisal
UNAPPRAISED

I've already been in the tunnels, so now it's time to man the walls and do some military work. While the city is under siege, it has managed to hold on until now, and I'll have fortifications, so it shouldn't be that dangerous. Thus I accept the quest and head to the walls.

The first few hours pass peacefully, but I don't manage to relax for a single second as I am well aware that an attack could start at any second. Unnerving. Very unnerving. Waiting for something terrifying to happen but not knowing when it will happen is a terrible feeling. Time passes and I almost wish that an attack would happen - just so that I don't have to wait anymore - but then I remember how terrifying combat is and rein myself in.

Then, suddenly, I spot something moving far away in the shadows. Straining my ears, I can faintly hear something moving in the distance. Better safe than sorry! Without hesitating, I sound the alarm. The walls are already completely manned with guards ready for combat before the first enemies arrive within our range and a fierce erupts. I run around, supplying various defensive siege weapons with ammunition, pass messages around, and as a defender gets hit and falls off a siege weapon I man it in his place. Good thing I had some training for this.

I manage to operate the weapon - though not as efficiently as the defender before me - and it doesn't take long before another, more trained defender swaps with me. At this point, a few of the attackers have managed to scale the wall so I draw my sword and enter the fight on the wall, stabbing and slashing at the various snakes. Not too soon after, the fight is over - there aren't a lot of injured on our side and many snakes dead, but... as far as I know, that has never bothered the Hydra.

Dejectedly, I return to the guild at the end of the day and hand in my report.
"Battles are always harsh, mister Till... But you did your job, be proud that you noticed the threat before anyone else did.

"Let us pray that the attacks don't grow in scale.

"May the gods keep you safe."

Final reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G

AliceShiki

Appraisal
> > >

Escort Duty [SC0407]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Join a caravan of traders.
  • Protect the merchants and their caravan.
  • Ensure the safe arrival of the merchant's goods to their destination.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
The Merchant's Guild is hiring guards to escort their next caravan.
It might take a few days or weeks, but the pay is decent.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G / person
> > >

"This time, you took this quest?" The man who was with her yesterday said.

"Well... since you guys dispatched those thieves, I doubt that there are any more thieves." She replied.

"Tch. Your mouth will bring us a bad luck, you know?"

"Who knows?"

She felt that the day would be an easy one. She deserved it after all.

---

"Halt! You must pay if you want to go through here!"

She and her big mouth. After the first group she incapacitated, the second group emerged in one day. After the guard captured the second group, another group appeared in front of her. Why was her luck so bad on this way?

Two versus ten. She couldn't count on the merchant in the caravan to help her, obviously. Knowing this, she prepared for combat.

"I'll go in front, you support me in the back, how about that?"

"Sure... sure. a sharpshooter like you in the front. Why are you passing the sharpshooter role exam, again?"

She shrugged. "I don't know myself. My range is not that long too. Why I passed was a mystery." Watery said. Transforming her left hand into its gun form, she attacked the first one.

Nine more to go. 30 seconds before she had enough heat for another bullet at the current rate, that is, if she didn't create a longsword in her hand.

the second of them fell, and she charged. She just have to keep drawing heat through the surface of her weapon. 20 seconds before she had her third shot.

While she was charging to the nearest one, her teammate launched an arrow. The thieves already scattered from their encirclement, some of them were charging at her, some of them were flanking at her, and four of them flanked the wagon.

She had no time to waste. Her charge at the enemy was parried by the one she currently fought. Leaving the sword to her ground, she reformed another sword, reloading the bullet shot in the process.

Third one fell. The horse where the third one fell was there, blocking the direction between the ones behind the one she just shot and hers. Meanwhile, the one on her flank were already there, his weapon stance ready to cleave her overhead.

She received his attack with her sword, slowing the force he exerted slightly as the impact hit her sword. Already, the cracks formed in her sword. She knew she was overpowered by the man at this moment. Thus, her solution was to tranform the ice barrel into water, and then transform it into another sword.

With her sword free to stab the man, she did it, and the fourth fell.

Two more in front of her, and four she remembered heading to the caravan. glancing at the caravan direction slightly, she saw that one of them had been felled by her teammate. Her teammate had entered close combat, abandoning the bow he wielded previously. five to go.

She would prefer if they were demoralized and leave the caravan for the moment. The two she was against was already set up a flanking motion. They forwent their horses and stood there on foot.

She retreated, distance was another weapon on her arsenal. She truly had to learn more about tactics, because she thought if she was not hasty before and charge at them, she could be in a better position at the moment. It was because her enemies was only untrained ones at the moment. Her recent encounter against the magic-wielding warriors in the city before had shown that her combat ability was actually low.

Thinking about her construct, with them easily broken like that, she wondered if there was a way to create a better ones that wouldn't break under stress. she had this problem with her sword.

She melted the sword in her hand, and prepared two barrel. While retreating, she continued to aim at one of them, until the other one was in her field of vision. Their decision to forgo the horse seemed to bite them back, as her flying speed was faster than they run.

As they were in her vision, she shot. one fell, while the other one halted.

It seemed that that one was not intending to fight anymore, thus she focused on her teammate.

He had killed another, yet the two in front of her pushed him back into defensive.

dropping the ice barrel, she reformed another one. Already, this fight took more than half her reserves. With that, she shot on those two, and they fell. her teammate shoved his sword inside one of them, when he saw the chance.

The fight ended, and they continue their journey to Asteria Village.

---

They arrived safely at the Asteria Village. After this, she just need to return and report this, and her task was done.
"Those are truly dire news, to think such a safe road is being plagued by this many thieves is... Disheartening.

"In these dire times nonetheless... I pray those were the last ones though.

"I thank you for your hard work, miss Watery. May the gods bring you safe travels."

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 40G

killerbyte1123

Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!
Sponsor: City of Scribel
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
    Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
    Survive your first day
Explanation: Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
  • EXP: 35EXP
  • Money: N/a

Quest Report

Character:
John (Level 1 (exp 0) )
Quest: Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!

Report:

When I First entered the town guard asked me for my identification I said that my name is John, but the soldier told me to show my guild card, I told him that I didn't have any so, so he showed me the location of the guild and told me to register and after putting in my registration form a person welcomed me to the guild she said that her name was Nahrenne she told me that I was in SHF and that she hopes that I have a brilliant time here.

It might be because of the personality of the body that I copied, but I discovered that whenever I see a crying child I always try to solve their problem, also this body is also very talkative, I became friends with the guard that sent me to the guild, his name is Ryan Fabrow, Ryan told me that he could show me around the town if I wanted, after a short tour of the town Ryan showed me his favorite restaurant, Ryan then asked me what I wanted to eat, I remembered the food that was written in the letter, I told him that I wanted a beef roast with pork broth on the side, but for some reason I didn't enjoy the food as much as I would have hoped, after eating for some reason I said "Ava, thanks for another delicious serving :D" weird I don't even know what an Ava is, I wonder why I said that while I was thinking to myself I Ryan asked me who Ava was I answered that I don't know while a tear was flowing down my face, I wiped it off wondering why I was crying.

After the awkward moment Ryan asked me if I have a place to stay I told him no, he then showed me an inn where he's staying at the moment, when I entered I asked the person near the desk to ask how much gold would it be if I stay here for 2 weeks, the manager said that it would cost me 14 gold for 2 weeks but, after the meal I had earlier I couldn't even pay for 1 night so I told them that I would come back here tomorrow after I find some work.

Nighttime, it was closely 9 pm and a lot of people went to their houses meanwhile I have nowhere to go, but then I was a rat I then decided to copy that rat, *ding new body acquired* while transforming I found out that the equipment that I was wearing also transformed with me, after transforming I felt that my personality change from being John to the rat, after running for a couple of minutes finding whatever food I could find, then I saw a fellow rat, the rat told me

"private Jerry, good work on vandalizing that shop earlier but weren't you near the jewelry shop earlier that's quite farm from here is it not?"

I said not knowing a single thing he was talking about "sir thank you sir, I just wanted to vandalize some more so I ran here as fast as I could"

"nice work private Jerry, keep that up and you might get a promotion, finally our plan on world domination is coming together just a few more things to do and the ground work should be done."

Me realizing that the rats wanted world domination I immediately gave an excuse to leave, after leaving I found myself a hole that I could sleep at.

while nearing sleep I pondered to myself if I should tell the guild about the rat I said "nah they're just rats"

I then slept like a log with no worries about the world.

Character Sheet - John
Race
Doppelganger​
Level
1 (0 / 200 EXP)​
Class
Minor Doppelganger​
Money
1G​
Appearance
John is a 6'4 Doppelganger with gray skin and red eyes with a couple of blunted spikes on it's body ( Normal mode ), but at the moment John took a body of a deceased adventurer he found whilst wondering around the forest he was spawned in, the newly acquired body was a 5'8 dude muscular build with blond hair and blue eyes and a Fredrick style mustache.
Personality
John is a out going type of doppelganger, John goes on wherever John first thinks about whether it be north or south, John is also very kind, John will try to help whenever someone needs john, but since John has only been alive for 4 weeks he is also very ignorant on how the world works.
Backstory
When John first opened John's eyes all John saw was green, everywhere John looked all John saw was a luscious forest. John never wondered what John is or why John was given life all John knows was that John is a Doppelganger and that he needs to find something something very important, for 3 days he wondered around aimlessly until he found a body of a monkey he once saw, but this monkey was different it was way taller with way less hair but what John was intrigue with was that the monkey is using a metal like garment which he has never seen before, curious John copied the monkey. after transforming into John's new body, John immediately felt cold so in a hurry John took off the garments from the dead body and while putting on the armor a piece of parchment paper fell from the under clothing of the armor and inside was a letter, for some reason John could read the words inside.

" My love, the time has finally come for you to come back it's been a long 9 months since you left for your campaign, I will be waiting for you with a feast!!! I will try my best to cook your favorite food my signature beef roast with pork broth on the side! Also I'm thinking of learning how to bake a cake again, and before you say anything I know that you banned me from baking ever again after the "incident" but we all know that a rogue pixie did that and totally not me slipping on a piece of butter, hehe, 1 more week of waiting, I can't wait , I hope that you come home safe. P.S I think that the baby is coming out soon in a mater of days, I'm thinking of naming him John, yeah, I thinks that that's a good name, but unfortunately I will have to wait for you to get your approval, so please get home quickly."

after reading the note John went to where the body was crawling towards before John discovered the body.after a few weeks of walking he found a town with a guild that's looking for new recruits
Inventory
Knight's ArmorAn armor typically worn by a knight
A letterA letter sent by an unknown person
SkillDescription
Shapeshift
Will cause John to change form to anything that John sees ( will cause John to copy everything even the train of thoughts that the copied individual posses, but John cannot copy the memories of the individual, John will just copy the personality of the individual and how they act). will copy the stats of the individual but the copied stats will be the same as their stats when they were at John's level. IE if John copied a LVL 5 individual and if John is LVL 1 John would only be able to copy the stats of when the individual was LVL 1.
Language
John knows how to speak, write and read almost all of the speak-able language
John speak used to speak in third person

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
> > >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

After studying together with that guy in the library, for one week, she felt like she was prepared.

Like before, she felt that the written exam was easy. After she had finished filling the answers, she continued to the next one, the dreaded oral test. Opening the door, she saw someone on a chair, her head looking up. A man clothed in white was there, shining some kind of light source on the woman's face.

"Alright, please open your mouth. Say aaa..."

was she in the wrong room? Looking at the door, she saw the paper, "Oral Examination for Guild Employee." A little doubt rose on her mind. Opening it once again, they both looked at her direction.

"What is it?" The man clothed in white asked.

"This is the oral examination site, right?"

"Yes. Please write your name on the paper there, and wait until you are called. And please, don't open the door while I'm working. You'll get your turn."

Relieved at the man's answer, she took the aforementioned paper, and write her name. Then she closed the door.

She waited at the hall. After the previous woman came out, her name was called.

"Watery."

Pushing the doorknob, she entered the door.

"Alright, please sit on the chair, I'll prepare the tools first."

what would the oral examination be? She had read the part about torturing the spy in one of her novels. Perhaps she would be entrusted to some secret in her future as a diplomat, and this was the test to withstand that.

"Alright, before we begin the exam, I need to know a few things. Name?" the man asked, his clipboard in his hand.

"Watery." she heard the man scribbling something on the clipboard as the pencil made contact with the paper. After that, the man continued.

"Species?"

"Water." she said.

"Age?"

"235 in human years."

"In term of your species, is that young or old? Are you a child?"

She had never met other water spirit in her world. Though, she heard of the tales of the four great spirit serving the kingdom, each one was the partner of the Hero during the four crisis of the kingdom. Considering the oldest one was around five thousand years old and still serving the kingdom, she was sure she was pretty young.

"Life expectancy beyond 5000 years old."

"Well... if we scale that to a human, you are young, indeed. So you are not a child?"

She was unchanging since her birth. Was she still a baby? A baby was considered a child, right?

"I am."

"Dietary needs?"

"Water."

"Nothing else?"

"Nothing."

"Alright. Let's begin the exam. Please open your mouth." The man in white said, as he began to light a lamp above her face.

Her mouth was a construct, just for mimicking what the human considered face. What should her mouth look like? should she mimic human one? the only anatomy book in the library was only that of a human.

creating the teeth, tongue, and uvula, and other parts of human mouth, she opened hers. The man then put some kind of implement inside her mouth.

"Well... It seems like your species is curiously like human. Each one of your teeth is good, no cavity is there. No deformation either. Alright... I think we are good. you can close your mouth."

the man retracted that implement, and she closed her mouth.

"It must be because of your diet that your tooth is well-maintained. Perhaps your ancestor descended from an omnivore. I'm a little bit curious honestly. I'll write the result of the test, and you can bring this to the receptionist okay?"

No torture? What was that exam supposed to be?

thanking the man, she returned to the receptionist, giving her test result.
*stamps approved*

Rewards:
Exp:
Others: Guild representative License

OOC: Tag as approved please.
And uhn... I honestly feel like I should fail this for OOC reasons, but eh? Guess you just ran out of ideas after doing it once, so I just left it be~
... I mean, I know quest description said there were weird methods, but not this weird, right!? >.<

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!
Sponsor: City of Scribel
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
    Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
    Survive your first day
Explanation: Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
  • EXP: 35EXP
  • Money: N/a

Quest Report

Character:
John (Level 1 (exp 0) )
Quest: Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!

Report:

When I First entered the town guard asked me for my identification I said that my name is John, but the soldier told me to show my guild card, I told him that I didn't have any so, so he showed me the location of the guild and told me to register and after putting in my registration form a person welcomed me to the guild she said that her name was Nahrenne she told me that I was in SHF and that she hopes that I have a brilliant time here.

It might be because of the personality of the body that I copied, but I discovered that whenever I see a crying child I always try to solve their problem, also this body is also very talkative, I became friends with the guard that sent me to the guild, his name is Ryan Fabrow, Ryan told me that he could show me around the town if I wanted, after a short tour of the town Ryan showed me his favorite restaurant, Ryan then asked me what I wanted to eat, I remembered the food that was written in the letter, I told him that I wanted a beef roast with pork broth on the side, but for some reason I didn't enjoy the food as much as I would have hoped, after eating for some reason I said "Ava, thanks for another delicious serving :D" weird I don't even know what an Ava is, I wonder why I said that while I was thinking to myself I Ryan asked me who Ava was I answered that I don't know while a tear was flowing down my face, I wiped it off wondering why I was crying.

After the awkward moment Ryan asked me if I have a place to stay I told him no, he then showed me an inn where he's staying at the moment, when I entered I asked the person near the desk to ask how much gold would it be if I stay here for 2 weeks, the manager said that it would cost me 14 gold for 2 weeks but, after the meal I had earlier I couldn't even pay for 1 night so I told them that I would come back here tomorrow after I find some work.

Nighttime, it was closely 9 pm and a lot of people went to their houses meanwhile I have nowhere to go, but then I was a rat I then decided to copy that rat, *ding new body acquired* while transforming I found out that the equipment that I was wearing also transformed with me, after transforming I felt that my personality change from being John to the rat, after running for a couple of minutes finding whatever food I could find, then I saw a fellow rat, the rat told me

"private Jerry, good work on vandalizing that shop earlier but weren't you near the jewelry shop earlier that's quite farm from here is it not?"

I said not knowing a single thing he was talking about "sir thank you sir, I just wanted to vandalize some more so I ran here as fast as I could"

"nice work private Jerry, keep that up and you might get a promotion, finally our plan on world domination is coming together just a few more things to do and the ground work should be done."

Me realizing that the rats wanted world domination I immediately gave an excuse to leave, after leaving I found myself a hole that I could sleep at.

while nearing sleep I pondered to myself if I should tell the guild about the rat I said "nah they're just rats"

I then slept like a log with no worries about the world.

Character Sheet - John
Race
Doppelganger​
Level
1 (0 / 200 EXP)​
Class
Minor Doppelganger​
Money
1G​
Appearance
John is a 6'4 Doppelganger with gray skin and red eyes with a couple of blunted spikes on it's body ( Normal mode ), but at the moment John took a body of a deceased adventurer he found whilst wondering around the forest he was spawned in, the newly acquired body was a 5'8 dude muscular build with blond hair and blue eyes and a Fredrick style mustache.
Personality
John is a out going type of doppelganger, John goes on wherever John first thinks about whether it be north or south, John is also very kind, John will try to help whenever someone needs john, but since John has only been alive for 4 weeks he is also very ignorant on how the world works.
Backstory
When John first opened John's eyes all John saw was green, everywhere John looked all John saw was a luscious forest. John never wondered what John is or why John was given life all John knows was that John is a Doppelganger and that he needs to find something something very important, for 3 days he wondered around aimlessly until he found a body of a monkey he once saw, but this monkey was different it was way taller with way less hair but what John was intrigue with was that the monkey is using a metal like garment which he has never seen before, curious John copied the monkey. after transforming into John's new body, John immediately felt cold so in a hurry John took off the garments from the dead body and while putting on the armor a piece of parchment paper fell from the under clothing of the armor and inside was a letter, for some reason John could read the words inside.

" My love, the time has finally come for you to come back it's been a long 9 months since you left for your campaign, I will be waiting for you with a feast!!! I will try my best to cook your favorite food my signature beef roast with pork broth on the side! Also I'm thinking of learning how to bake a cake again, and before you say anything I know that you banned me from baking ever again after the "incident" but we all know that a rogue pixie did that and totally not me slipping on a piece of butter, hehe, 1 more week of waiting, I can't wait , I hope that you come home safe. P.S I think that the baby is coming out soon in a mater of days, I'm thinking of naming him John, yeah, I thinks that that's a good name, but unfortunately I will have to wait for you to get your approval, so please get home quickly."

after reading the note John went to where the body was crawling towards before John discovered the body.after a few weeks of walking he found a town with a guild that's looking for new recruits
Inventory
Knight's ArmorAn armor typically worn by a knight
A letterA letter sent by an unknown person
SkillDescription
Shapeshift
Will cause John to change form to anything that John sees ( will cause John to copy everything even the train of thoughts that the copied individual posses, but John cannot copy the memories of the individual, John will just copy the personality of the individual and how they act). will copy the stats of the individual but the copied stats will be the same as their stats when they were at John's level. IE if John copied a LVL 5 individual and if John is LVL 1 John would only be able to copy the stats of when the individual was LVL 1.
Language
John knows how to speak, write and read almost all of the speak-able language
John speak used to speak in third person
"Please be more careful with what you eat while transformed, mister John. I'm afraid you ate some hallucinogenic mushrooms as a rat.

"In any case, welcome to the guild, I hope you have a safe stay in here.

"May the gods protect you now, and forevermore."

Rewards:
Exp:

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way.
... Also, some notes.
Nahrenne greeted you in the OOC Room (As in, the Out of Character room, where people talk as the players, not as their characters), so John never really met her.
And uhn... I get that you were making a joke, but rats that wanna take over the world is uhn... Well, at least make them not be normal rats if you wanna follow through with that I guess? I made Nene (My character) assume you were just high, so you imagined things.
Lastly, you can add your character's card to your Signature so that it appears at the end of your every post, this way you don't need to copy paste it time and time again.
Welcome aboard and have fun! ^^)/

Himekawa

Quest report: Evaluated
> > >

Repairing Damage [SC0108]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit your boss in the engineering department.
  • Spend a day repairing damaged structures.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
With all the monster attacks and bad weather we get every week...
It's surprising that the city hasn't fallen down yet.
The engineering department gets work orders from all over the Scribel Region.
Pothole in the sewers? Goblins burned downed your barn?
Rock slide on the road? If it's broken, we come fix it!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >

The slime horde that came was a sad affair. With so many people permanently disabled, when so many people lost their home, the whole city was in mourning. One by one, the adventurers started to pick up the pieces, the rubble caused by the destroyed structure. She passed them. Her task for today was to help the rebuilding of southern wall.

It was menial work, sure. But, at least there would be another buffer if something like slime horde came again. Watery placed the stone inside of the plaster that had not dried, then she trimmed the edges. She redid that again and again, until her section was done. One by one, each hole in the wall was plugged, with the joint effort of the adventurers and the guards.

After she was done with her section, she was assigned to the other places, another section of the wall. With that, she began carrying her spades, basin, stones, plasters from the storage. She then continued her task of repairing the wall.

When afternoon came, the supervisor okayed them all to rest. The supervisor then gave her and the others a slip of paper for the proof of that day's work. With that, she returned to the guild.

Last edited:

PriyaKitten

> > >
Hunting Mission [SC0205]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >

Report Status: Appraised

Niror after her experience at the tavern she needs to get her mind off of things. She really wants to hunt, so she’s going to. This going to be a hard hunt due to the fact she doesn’t have a bow or any long-range weapons for her to hit any medium game in the area. The blood most of done something to her nevertheless she thought as she traveled through the northern forest quietly, looking for any tracks of animals.

It took her quite some time before finding tracks, then an hour to find the said animal that left the tracks. Luck was on her side this time, a large group of deer was in a small field as well as horned rabbits - she won’t be messing with them. But their horns do look interesting in themselves.

She crouched herself down, quietly creeping closer to the group readying her claws as she got closer. Freezing a certain point as she got as close as she could to the group without being spotted, she readied herself before launching forward trying to bite or claw the neck of one of the many in the group

Manging to claw the neck of one I switched my target to only that animal, trying to push my claws deeper into the skin to kill the animal efficiently as possible. After playing ‘tag’ with the animal it finally fell onto its side dying where it laid, staining the grass with red. Now the long road back to the guild of dragging this deer behind her.

She got back to the guild in record timing, the deer’s meat luckily still be fresh - with little to no blood dripping out of it. There probably were wolves following her trail - but at least she was safe. Setting the body to the side before handing the quest in, as well motioning to the deer before she went to the side to sit sighing. Her arms were slightly sore of dragging that fat animal all the way here.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

> > >
The Captain's Test [SR0501]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Meet a pirate captain in Spire Reef.
  • Impress or pass the captain’s test.
  • Get recruited as part of the captain’s crew.
  • Note: Don’t think it’s so easy to quit after joining!
The port of Spire Reef is a safe haven for many pirates.Many captains recruit new crew members in this rowdy harbor.Do you have what it takes to impress a pirate captain?Bewarned, the pirates here can get quite hardcore! Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
  • Other: Pirate Tattoo
> > >
At the dock of Spiral reef, I approached a group of pirate randomly that got a ship with 3 masts. The crews were looking at me suspiciously. They were armed with swords or axes.

“I’m Tokai. I want to join your pirate group. “

“Captain Kingsley. Why do you want to join us? You look like you can take care of yourself.”

I couldn’t make a reason why I want to join an outlaw group. So I only said what comes out of my mind when I think of the sea. “I want to go fishing.” Silence dominated the area for several seconds before everyone started snicker in the back.

“Pfff- Buhaahaha! What an amusing guy. Get on board. Oi, Fuckers! A new recruit! We’re sailing to the place!”

“Loot at this” Kingsley tossed a paper scroll to me. On the paper, there was a set of rules written on it.

“A pirate code. Pirates here don’t believe in those rules that some drunkard wrote up. They have their own rules, we have ours. There is only one rule on this ship. Survive. We don’t have to trust each other and we won’t punish betrayal because that traitor will be the one who lives on while we die. Spoils. Rum. We can’t keep them if we cannot keep our life. It’s doesn’t matter if you run or fight as long as you survive. In the end, the one that can struggle the longest will life. Not always the strong.” He walked to the starboard and pointed his finger towards the east.

“Do you see the island? If you can go to that place then you’ve proved that you can survive in this hellhole. And I just said...we don’t trust each other.” He drew his sword to cut my neck. I ducked and attempted to counter him with a kick. But Kingsley was faster. He dropped his sword and caught my leg.

“Nice reflex. But not enough!” He pulled out some kind of weapon I saw around the town, it had a short tube stick to a bent handle. Then a light emitted from a barrel and blinded me. I was felt that one of my horn was grabbed and then I realised that I was thrown into the water.

“Fucking sonovabitch!”

“See ya later, Tokai. Have fun swimming. Hahahaa!” The wind hit the sails and the ship moved forward to the island.

After swimming in slightly rough waves for 1 hour, I finally arrive at the island. Kingsley was chilling on the hammock drinking coconut. He seems surprised to see me.

“Pretty fast. I believe you make a new record. I was expecting to see you after 4 hours. There is stuff for you in the cabin.”

“Hm? I believe that you believe in survival of the fittest.”

“Yes. But that doesn’t mean that we don’t look after each other. Now go change!”

I entered the log cabin or should I say storehouse. There were dried clothes prepared and gears, I think there are from sailor or military looking from the appearance. I picked a grey shirt, dark blue jacket and black pants for myself.

“Where your horns at? You lost it?” He smirked

“I cut them. They get in the way.” Kingsley stood up and aimed the weapon at the sky and shot. The loud sound from the weapon stopped the chatting between the crews. They paused and looked at their commander.

“We, The Ratel pirates welcome Tokai. From now, He will be joining our rank...as a chef!”

“Wha-”

“Lads! Let’s feast!”

“AYE!!”

Last edited:

Bochi

> > >
Hydra’s Nest [GH1101]
  • Required Level: 11
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Scouting the Lake
  • Infiltrate the hydra’s nest.
  • Observe the hydra and its minions.
  • Do not lure enemies back to Gelderholm.
Huh? You want another crazy mission…? Well, let’s see… I guess it would be helpful if someone got a peek of the hydra. I mean it’s swarming with monsters and stuff, but someone’s gotta do it. Go to the hydra’s nest and... observe it in its natural habitat. :D

Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
> > >
'The stink and the claustrophobia aside, this place isn't so bad after all. I probably will finish my D-ranked test here as well, troublesome as it is. Maa, what can't be helped can't be helped. Let's see what we have here. Probably would be prudent to apply some mud and disguise myself, but ewww. I'll just go the long way around.

Anyways, from the look of things, I'd say none of them have spotted me yet. I did want to fly, but the trees aren't thick enough to hide a flying girl. But going on foot should be fine so long as I keep to the edge of the lake...yeah right. I'm bloody lost. I'll just start marking the trees that I've passed by so that I know the way I should go when returning. Alright, let's see here...

Oh, ewww….that's totally disgusting. Oh my---yuck! Why in blazes is it eating the dead snakes? That's totally not cool, yo! Ugh, grotesque...what's he doing now? Covering the place with some kind of...poison? I can sniff the smell of acid even from this distance...ugh. And now it's nine heads are playing with some sort of box and tossing it about mid-air with their noses---oh, the box just flew open and some kind of golden liquid spilled all over it.

...Wait up. I think I'm probably tripping, but the hydra just grew another two more heads whilst I was looking on. One two three four five six seven eight nine ten...eleven. Yeah, it has two more heads now. It also threw the box away, like a toddler who's bored of his new toy, and now it seems pretty pissed off for some reason. Wait, could it be that the liquid was precious to it, and now the liquid's gone, it's of no more use to it? Someone more well-versed in magic might be able to shed more light on the matter, not that I care. It's about time for me to head out anyway---haha---because I dinnae wanna stick around to see what happens next. So, adios. Back to the dwarven city we go.

I dunno who's gonna slay this big fella, but it definitely ain't gonna be me. No way, no how. My name's not Apollo.'

--- Ellania.

Last edited: