Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Defense of Blackpine Slopes [GH0703]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Rally with your allies at Blackpine Slopes.
  • Defend against the onslaught of giant poisonous snakes.
  • Prevent as few snakes as possible from slipping past the line.
  • (Note: Optional Party Quest)
Alarm! Alarm! Attack from the lakeside!Our forward group will take the high ground at Blackpine Slopes.Hold those those snakes at the foothills before the city!Damn, I hate those giant vipers and their poisonous veins.We kill Bloodbane Vipers by the scores and spill their blood...Yet any ground that their black ooze touches is tainted. Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G / person
  • Other: n/a
> > >
Today again, I stand upon the Blackpine Slopes, preparing to fight off the snakes. In preparation against heavily armored targets, we prepared a ballista that is slowly getting positioned. And while it is getting positioned, we have to hold the attackers back. Which might not be as easy as the last few times, as I spot a handful of "armored" snakes in the first wave. How do the snakes just keep getting more and more?

As they approach us, the ranged fighters fire their first volley - and the bolts and arrows mostly glance off the "armored" ones, barely doing any damage. They still work well on the others though, which is what they focus their attack on after that. Then the melee fight begins, and I get busy cutting down snakes.

From the corner of my eye, I see a few defenders take down one of the armored ones - they hook it down, and then bash it to death with a hammer. Seems like those scales are mostly useful against slashes and somewhat against stabs. As one of the creatures approach me, I take my sword in the "Mordhau" - essentially holding my sword on the blade, and using the handle and guard as a weapon. With my full force, I smash the guard into its face, the pointy end penetrating into its skull.

As it collapses I pull my sword out of its head - my tight grasp of the blade and my gloves having protected my palms from damage - and simply return to holding my sword at the handle and switch to a normal guard, then proceed to cut down more spiders. Weirdly enough, I'm slowly getting used to this. While I can't rely on my hearing, with the noise all around, I can rely on my allies to protect my sides and back. With me only having to focus on my front, there is no way these primitive monsters would ever defeat me.

Well, that's assuming that I don't have to fight until I'm exhausted, of course. But today doesn't seem to be one of these days. The ballista is set up and proceeds to skewer the armored ones with its bolts, reducing the pressure on us even further. After fighting for a while, the snakes stop coming, and the fight ends. Whilst joking about how surprisingly weak the armored ones were with the other defenders, I return to the city and hand in my report at the guild. It is still early. I think I'll train some more before resting - I'm sure I'll find a practice partner without trouble.

Last edited:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated

> > >
Rock Mite Subjugation [GH0603]
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Survey the tunnels for rock mites.
  • Eliminate rock mites.
  • Collect 30 rock mite carapaces.
Rock mites aren't particularly dangerous individually.
They live in crevices and holes all around the mountain.
But you haven't witnessed true terror until a swarm bursts in your face.
Their little pincers gnaw at everything they touch, easily crushing rock to dust.
Rewards:
  • Money: 22 G
> > >
On our second rounds of subjugation in the mines, we headed back in the shafts after a decent rest. Delving once again into the deep iron mines, we ready ourselves for slaying multiple amounts of rock mites. I had to carefully survey the walls for any sort of rumbling sound or cracks, so far there was no luck.

The tunnel halls were eerily quiet; not even the mining of the rocks could be heard. We scoured the tunnels for any form of sounds within the walls, no such luck doing so after a long time. Thinking its bad luck, I had us turned around to return back to the entrance until I heard a slight crack.

Further down into a tunnel echoed an unmistakable cracking sound. We cautiously moved forward to source until we arrived at the source. A wall was obviously deteriorating as if it was being eaten from the inside out. Thinking it were rock mites I had Iris be ready to freeze them once I punched a hole in the wall.

With a clenched fist I shattered a huge hole on the wall. Expecting a handful of mites, what came out instead was a fountain of them; endless pouring out of the hole that I just made. Iris tried to freeze them all but couldn’t keep up with the sheer numbers. The mites noticed us and started swarming towards us. A couple got near my feet and started munching at my greaves; chipping away the metal bits by bits. I slashed all those that clung onto my feet but more kept clinging onto my greaves. With no choice but to run, I told Iris to block them off with a wall and make a run for it.

She did as she told and erected a crystal wall between us and the mites. The swarm was unfazed and slowly ate their way through the crystal. Cracks started forming and soon a hole on the crystal was formed. We made a dash towards the entrance of the mines but I stopped at a fork on the tunnels. Iris noticed me and stared at me with confusion. I didn’t notice the look at her face as I was deeply pondering on the situation.

If the swarm is after us then I couldn’t just run back to the entrance; that would mean exposing the swarm to the entire city. I need to find a way to kill the swarm but… I don’t know how… Maybe…

With a brief look at Iris, she was anxiously waiting for me.

Do I have a choice? Is it the city or us? No… It’s either them or me… It’s always been like that… Having made my decision, it was clear what I needed to do. It was risky but it was better than nothing.

“Iris I need you to seal me with the rock mites in the tunnel. Make a small hole and start freezing the whole tunnel path. No matter what happens don’t stop. I’ll keep them from breaking the wall.

“Iris doesn’t know what Reival is saying. Is Reival fighting? Then Iris will fight.”

“Yea I’m fighting but I need you to close me off with them. You have another fight on your hands. Trust me on this.”

I can tell by the look on her face that she doesn’t want to do it, but still nods in approval. I relieve my fate to hers and headed back towards the tunnel where the swarm was. I can already hear them crawling towards me. A large crystal wall was formed behind me, completely sealing off the pathway. A small hole was formed in the wall and frosty air started pouring out of it. I can already feel the chill as it slowly freezes my body.

Finally the swarm was within my sight, they had reached the frost and were noticeably slowed down by it; still they brute forced their way to me and the crystal. This is where I make a stand.

With the first mite reaching me, I crushed it underneath my foot. Other mites followed through and started clinging onto me while nibbling at my armor. They were slow enough that I could detach them from myself without being overwhelmed. I bashed and crushed them with my shield as the carcasses piled up one after another, but the numbers never ceased. I could feel my limbs tensing up from the cold and fatigue started piling up.

The swarm still persisted to get through me and the wall, but I persisted in defending it. At this rate I’ll be overwhelmed and they’ll get through the wall. There isn’t much I could do at this point.

“Iris! Freeze the whole tunnel! Freeze everything!”

“No… Reival wi… ozen!”

We can barely talk to each other but she understood my intentions. Sorry Iris but I’m out of options.

“Do it! Or they’ll get through!”

As I’m still fighting the mites, the temperature took a steep dive and the mites slowly started freezing up. Deep blue color started on the walls and trickled its way towards the swarm. The mites couldn’t keep up with the constant freezing of its numbers and soon gave up on the pursuit; turning tails back to where they came from.

I fell down on my knees and couldn’t even feel the impact. Everything was hazy and I couldn't feel anything. Looking up, the tunnel ceilings had a glimmering effect on the dark blue ceiling. It’s almost as if its night time and the stars twinkled under a moonless night.

“Rei..l! Re..al! ..ival!”

I’m tired… It’s so cold… Maybe a little rest will do…

Iris greets Guild

Went into iron mines and killed rock mites. We fought a swarm and pushed them back to their nest. Iris gives guild 6 sacks filled with dead rock mites. Reival is tired and sleeping. Zio will comfort Reival.

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Defense of Blackpine Slopes [GH0703]
Objectives:
  • Rally with your allies at Blackpine Slopes.
  • Defend against the onslaught of giant poisonous snakes.
  • Prevent as few snakes as possible from slipping past the line.
  • (Note: Optional Party Quest)
Alarm! Alarm! Attack from the lakeside!Our forward group will take the high ground at Blackpine Slopes.Hold those those snakes at the foothills before the city!Damn, I hate those giant vipers and their poisonous veins.We kill Bloodbane Vipers by the scores and spill their blood...Yet any ground that their black ooze touches is tainted. Rewards:
> > >
Once more unto the breach. A saying I once heard, perfectly describing today. Once more I stand on the Blackpine Slopes, once more amidst my allies, and once more the snakes emerge from the lake. Scouts have reported some sort of snake that spits its poison, and we have come prepared - in addition to the usual equipment, we have brought what I, for the lack of a better word, siege shields. Giant wooden shields that can be rolled around, deployed in front of our forces to defend against ranged attacks.

Each of the shields has a small group of fighters behind it, a few ranged ones in the middle and a few melee ones on the sides, currently spread out to block the gaps between the shields - but ready to retreat to cover should any ranged attack be aimed at them. Which we do, as the poison harmlessly splashes against the shields again and again. But then the snakes that survived our own ranged assault arrive, safe from their brethren's poison.

A fierce battle erupts between the shields as we move out to close the line, killing snakes while trying to retreat back into cover before getting hit by the poison. This time, it does not go as well as the last time - the indiscriminate hail of poison only hurts us and not the snakes, and it takes quite a while before our ranged fighters manage to take theirs out. In this amount of time, many of us were hit by the poison and everyone seems to react to it differently. Perhaps because that simply is the nature of this poison, or perhaps because the poison of every snake is different.

I managed not to get hit - this time. The snakes disperse soon after the ranged snakes are defeated. Should things continue this way the next few times, casualties will start to rack up. I hope that they will come up with some sort of counter before that happens. But for me, I return to the guild, hand in my report, and spend the rest of my free time training.

Last edited:

Himekawa

Report status: appraised
> > >
Joint Military Exercises [GH0505]
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Report to the Gelderholm barracks.
  • Conduct a patrol exercise with the dwarven military.
  • Demonstrate competency in a military environment.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
We don't got the luxury of time, but I'm in charge of you new recruits.
I don't care what kind of place you came from, but you listen to my orders here.
My orders, you hear me? If I tell you attack, then you attack.
Don't be that goddamn idiot who fires an arrow without the signal.
And by the Balrog's Breath, don't fling those fireballs senselessly like an idiot.
The tunnels are fragile, and you never know when there's gas in the rock.
If you cause an explosion, you'll bury all of us alive!
Forget the hydra — you'll get us all killed first!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >

"Watery reporting in." Watery said to the recruiter in front of her. Seeing that a lot of the quest in the board required her to pass this one, she took this one first after she arrived at Gelderholm. Since the requester did not care about her background, she guessed that the requester just wanted her to be molded to what the requester wanted. Thus, she set herself to listen.

"Alright. Your number is 7, and your squad is 422. Next one please." The man said, as he handed her a plain dog tag. Did she have to wear it all the time? Seeing the cue for her dismissal, she left.

It was awkward when she was the only one wearing a dress in this place. She couldn't wear the dog tag or anything in her water form, thus she assumed the ice form and wore the dress she had and her dog tag. Seeing that her ice form was barefoot, perhaps she had to rectify that in the future. For now, she had to search the place she was assigned.

---

"Alright, you maggots! I want you to do a patrol exercise! The army has no need of someone who cannot follow orders! So, if you fail to heed my command just one time, you are failed without question. is that understood?"

The people around her responded, "Sir, yes sir!"

"First command! No talking among yourself, except when asked by your superior!" the man said. "Now, this man," he pointed at the man at his left, "will follow us from the back. If you are passed by him, consider yourself to fail right then and there! While marching, you will not look anywhere but the front except when ordered, is that understood?"

"Yes sir!"

"Now, form three columns among you in 30 seconds, one! two! three! ..."

They did. The first three in the front quickly formed three column by themselves. The others were aligning themselves to the first three. As she was on the second row, she had aligned herself to the one in front of her. She glanced at her side, trying to find out if she was aligned horizontally.

"Time's up! Now, follow me! Onwards!"

---

She got to admit, hearing the man in the back calling those numbers, then giving the verdict that they were eliminated was an effective way to create a tension among them. She was almost at the forefront, thus she knew the distance between the front and the commander was slim, and they could not actually increase their pace. Yet, each time the man called, it would be followed by the increase of the sound of footstep from her back.

Fifteen minutes after the march started, they had to synchronize their step. The commander said that when after two minutes he could hear a footstep that was out of place, they would all fail the exercise. The one on the forefront synchronized their footsteps with the commander. Then, she followed suit. She hoped that the one would be able to get the cue from the front, and synchronized theirs. Slowly, the sound of synchronized footstep became louder. After the cadence became clearer, it was not long before everyone followed suit.

"Alright, stop!"

they all stopped. The one on her back pushed her slightly when the man said that. Since no one was calling that person, she guessed that that mistake was allowed.

"In front of us, you will encounter kobold habitat. Now, prepare your weapon!"

she created her ice lance.

"Kobold in Gelderholm are known for their tinkering ability. Those who have fought kobolds before, raise your hand."

She didn't know how many raised their hand behind her, but of the three in front of her, only one did.

"Now, to those who have raised their hand, abandon the experience of fighting that kobold. You must be aware of your surrounding at all times! One hit from the kobold traps, your leg will be amputated. Do you want that?"

no one answered. she guessed that the prospect of fighting kobold seem harder with that traps. Not to mention, the guild have stated that the medicine in gelderholm was in short supply. Seeing that one mistake could spell their end to their adventurer career, no one commented.

"Another thing. The kobold is the one we consider low rank in the threat you may face here. So, it will be harder from here on. If you are aware of that, now we march forward. Pay attention to your surrounding. If you see your comrade going to be hit by that trap, try to save them. You are no longer required all order from before. Those who are ready to face the kobolds, move forward. This is not graded, so if you want to stay back, you can do so."

If the problem was only that leg amputation, the risk to herself was low. Thus, she moved forward. When the commander closed the chance to join, only fifteen from those forty or so were in front of with her.

"Follow me. Pay attention to the ground, the ceiling and the wall."

---

Seven among the fifteen fell. Some of them were grazed by a poisoned arrow, and they suddenly collapsed. Some of them had been killed by the flame when the lantern fell and hit the oil underneath them. If it wasn't for her unique body, she would have been counted as one of the casualties. She lost count on how many arrows were launched from the wall. She lost count when spikes suddenly came out. One of the spikes pierced through her body and destroyed her body and dress. After she recovered, she ended up with a ruined dress.

Even with their precaution, the Kobolds had created their fortification well. When the kobolds saw them, those kobolds immediately retreated. The commander quickly commanded them to not pursue those kobolds, and for with the capability of ranged attack to use them. He himself took out his bow and begin to attack the retreating Kobolds.

"If you are fighting against kobolds, attacking from long range is your best bet. Of course, the kobolds also have their long range capability. In fact, in Gelderholm long range attacker is the type of kobold you will encounter most often. Their crossbow can easily punch through armor. Their arrows are poisoned. They utilize the darkness well, and if you continue to use torch in this place, you will die because of the poisoned air caused by your torches."

The amount of kobolds that were felled by their group was only four. No one dared to hastily advance, and the commander ordered them to go back.

as they returned, the commander said, "I have one last order. Survive and fight."

"sir, yes sir." they all chorused.

Last edited:

Himekawa

Report status: appraised

> > >

Repairing the Dikes [GH0701]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Repairing Damage (Scribel)
  • Assist with the repair of defensive fortifications.
  • Repair any broken flood walls.
When the hydra's minions attack from below, they try to flood the tunnels.
Water from the lake spills in, drowning many dwarves.
Help us repair the flood walls and fortifications. We are stretched thin.
If too many leaks are breached, the city will be lost.
Rewards:
> > >

She had asked them to do it alone. If she had to freeze a body of water that large, she would inevitably create the water vapor in the tunnel. She didn't want the others to be cooked inside while she was working.

First, she had to seal the breaches. In order to do that, she needed to freeze the hole caused by the breach. She began to meld her body with the water.
Here we do toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen.
What was that?
Never the hand stop pouring. Never the water stop flowing. Never the work stop, for we always remember
She felt unease. Immediately, she reformed her body. Yet, the pervasive feeling of unease keep her. She saw the serpents around her beginning to attack her. She had to risk herself to expand her domain once again. Once again, she melded into the water.
The hand that was coated in blood. In the first of the sacred night, we took a life.
She had to do this fast. The feeling of wrongness increased more when she began to connect. She expanded her consciousness, putting the water serpents into her domain. With one twist, she froze the water around the serpents and let a part of the water evaporate.
Forevermore, our hatred may exist.
What she had to do was to make an ice wall around the breach. Then, she had to compress these water into her body as much as possible and bring it elsewhere. After that, she could let the others work on the breach. She expanded her consciousness.
She found the breach. She channeled the temperature around that breach into the other part of the water and began to seal it. Thicker... Thicker... can't have that breach reopened when they work on it.
After she felt that the wall was thick enough, she began to absorb the water around her. As she compressed those into her, she wondered how she should dispose of the poison that was filling the water. Finishing, she formed herself into her water form. Her body color was slightly tinged purple, probably from all the poison currently in her body.
F̸̷̸̡̖̜̯̬̖͍̣͙͉͚̂͜͢͜͝o̷̵̢̪̓̇͆̽̉̏̇̀̿͆̂͋̋̀̚͘̚͝͝͏̘͙́҉̢̨̡̬̺͕̲͍̺͜ŕ̴̴̶̸͊̐̓̇̓͐̿͘͢҉̴̷̸̴̨̡̧̨̡̠̪̻͓̥̙̼̱͖̼͍̖̮̪͓͈̣̻͈̠͈͕͚̺̻̼̹͎͚͓́͢͏̘͙͕e̶̵̓̊͌҉̵̧̨̘̻̜̺͇̙͓̣̥̰̞͉̮̞̫͉̽̔̈́͂̅̄̒̅̉̈́̐̈́͐̄͗̈́̑̎͌́̀̀̚͘͢͟͜͝v̸̴̢̢́͐̉̒̌͊̌̈̑̀̏̕͞͝͏̛̌̄̈̎̿͘͡͠͡͏̶̴̴̶̧̢̛̰͙̟̹̝̗̗͉̥̓̒͑́̍̀͛̒̓̇͋̽̑͂̇̕̚̕͢͜͜͞͝͞͠͏̨̡̡̲͇͖͈̹͓̟̟̫̬̕͟͜͝è̴̷̸̵̸̸̴̶̢̡̢̨̨̛̛͙̗͙̜̼̖̱͕̮̜͍̼͍̪̼͓̮͖̣͈͇̖̆͒̀͑̅̃͋͑͒̋̾̑͛̔̎͗̒̃́̉͑̋͑̑̿̀̊̑́̈̕͘̕͢͟͜͡͠͠͞͠͏̱ŗ̶̧̛̛͙̟͍͚̱̝͎͉̠̞̞̜͔̼̗͈͐̐̈́́͂̕͢͜͡͝͞͝ͅͅm̵̴̷̧̨̧̧̡̨̨̛͕͓̹̼̖̦̮̰̳̞̫̭̤͍̻̪̳̟͚̲̼͐̄͐͗̀͒̓̃̇̈́͗̎͂̏̏̓̓́́́͘̚͢͜͞͝o̵̶̴̸̷̵̢̡̢̢͚̹͍͎̪̖̓͒͆̈́̓̄̆̀̽̄̍̾̒̃̊̑̄̓́̑̅̄͋̊̎̈̀͘̕͜͝͠͠͝͝͝r̶̵̷̛̜͈̖͇̼͕̘̈́̏̒͗̂̓̉͐́̓̎͒́̉̾́̿̍̔́͂͂̋̀̀̅̅͒͘͢͜͠͞͝͝͞͠͠͝͏̧̨̡̛̰͚̯̯̰̀e͏̷͏̶̨̈̎́̽̌́̄̚͏̸̷̸̴̢̨̢̡̧̨̧̧̢̛̛͉͕̟̖̫͓̦̮̪͚̝͈̝̘̲͈̫̣͎̘̫͚̝̯͆͋̒̆̾̀̽͑̏̎̈́̾̋́̏͐̃̇̈́͌̐̊̌̋́̕͘͘͟͜͜͠͠͠͡͡͞͡ͅ,̶̸̢̨̨̨̛̜̭͕̅͒͑̈̕҉̸̢̢̨̡̹̝̠̲̙̗̮̜̻͈̺̣̤͟͞͞ ̶̵̷̸̵̷̸̢̨̢̡̨̨̨̡̨̛̛̦̦̠̹̙̺̘̩̭̯͕̼͎̉̾́͐̿̔́̏̄̉͛̊̆̄̋̽̿̓͒́́̏̓̾̈͐̔̂̑̓͋̀͛̊́́̀̕̚͘̚͢͜͢͟͜͝͠͡͝͞͞͝ͅ҉̱̥͇҉ơ̵̴̴̶̷̪̼̐́̈͆̓̊̐͐̈́̍̉̔̀͋̇͊̆̎́͊͂̆͐͂̕̕̕͡͝͡͠͝҉͕́ù̶̸̧̧̨͖͔̠̬͎͚̭̙̱̉̓́̚͜r̸̵҉̴̸̡̋́̅̆͂̓̀͌̍̄͜͝͠҉̢̡̨̡̧̛͉̞̣̪̞̩͘͢͢ͅ ̴̷̶̵̢̢̡̢̡̪̯͇͍̻͙̰̰̀̀̓̇͌̃̏̐̊͗̓̈͐̂͛̽́̕͘̕͟͟͜͝͞ͅͅ҉̷̨̡̡͈̻̳͓́͡҉̝̮̳̮͖̮͈̮͕̮̝̀̀́͞ͅĥ̷̷̷̴̛̋̎̏̏͑̑̋̈́̉̓͐̕͡͝͝͠҉̿̑̒͒͞҉̆̈̂̈́͋͌͗̓̏̏̕͟͝͏̴̴̵̧̡̨̡̮̮̪͓̮̟͈̬͍͎͚͖̘͖̫͍̗̣͎̮͉̞̜̝͙̻͓̬͔̟̖̝̞̣͙̖̮̙̣̣̯̒̇͗̄͐̉́́́̀̀͘̕̕͢͜͜͟͝͠͝͠a̵̒͒̎̋̋͑̕̚͝͡͏̵̴̴̷̵̨̛̀̏̄͐̓͊̽̈́̀͂͐͑̂̓̽̾̌̉̏̋͘͘̚͘͜҉̶̨̧̧̨̭͔̘̝̳͕͇̞̯͑̾́̕͜͏̵̨̧͎̬̪͈̣̗̠̹͕̙́͘͡ͅt̸̸̨̧̡̢̨̨̨̨̨̫̩̖̙̟̤͎̺͇̫͛̏̐͌̅̂̒̃̆̀͘͘̕̕͜͢͜͜͢͝͝ŕ̷̶̀͛̈̿̈́̽͐̾̚̚͞͏͂͒͏̵̡̨̡̧̨̛͔̼͚̗̜̺̦̪͓̗̱̜̲̤͖̼͖̘̙͉̦̠͕̠̼͉͔̹͎̙͇́́͜͜͜͠͡͞͠e̷̴̸̶̸̷̶̷̸̡̨̡̢̡̨̨̛̛͎̞͕̯͉̲͍̝͈̗̘̟̮̫̯̖̯̻̺̯̝̤̥̟͇͉͋̐̆̑́̆̋̽̅̓́̐͛͋͂́͐̌̽̿̋̔̄͂̊̄̀́̚̕͘͜͜͜͠͠͞͠͝͝͠͝͠͞͞ͅ͏̶̡̧̢͈͈̖͕͔̰͓͉̙͡d̴̢́̄̓͊͗̒̕̕҉̴̸̴̧̡̡̢̢̨̨̨̧̢̻̤̻̪̫̭̫̠̻̱̞͎̣͉̬̞̞̬̙̮̪̟̯̝̫͎͙̳̣̖̅̓̽̈́̓̏̈́̏̈́͐̌́̀͘͠͡͝͝͞͞͝͞ͅ ̸̸̷̷̴̴̸̸̷̴̵̨̢̡̨̛̛̛̣̫̮̜̻̮̱̞̬͉̬͉͉̮͓͓̙͈̜̪̼͖̽́͊́̔͋̈́͊̀̽̀̂̏͑̇̇̓́͊͗̏̊̒̌̉̈́́̽́̅̈́̈́̿̎̆̏̿͐͘̕̚̚͘͘̚͟͟͟͝͡͠͝͝͝͠͠͞͡ͅm̵̵̷̴̢̡̨̨̨̧̧̡̢̛̛͍̤̠͓̰̫̗͈̮͓͈̠̣̃̇̏́͋͑͐̈́̑̍͊̌̈́̾̕͘͘̕͜͞͠͡͝ͅͅà̵̸̧̧̨̧̢̈́̍̀͂͋̑́̀̔́͊͛͆́̀̄̈́͋̔̂̑̄̊̓͊̒͛͐̏̾̚͢͞͠͏̛͍̼͉̣͓͐͐͜͏̙͙̪̯͖̠̖̠̩͇͕͕͜͜͟͠͏͇͏̨̺̼͖̹̤͕̜̫̫̙͕̬͙͚͕̀̀͘̕ͅy̶̷̢̧̨̨̝̦̥̯̳̤͇̳͐̒̈́̓̇͐̎̀̇̔̌̽̀ ̸̸̵̸̴̧̡̧̨̧̣̩͉̰͉̱̝͇̠͚͓͔̼̺͍̫͕̺̗̹̜̝͍̰͇̞̙͛̿̂̀͜͢͟͞͠͝͠e̶̷̸̷̵̡̨̛̫̮̬̦̙͖̰͉̖̽̊̐̓̀͋̍͂̏͒͆̀̐́̀̌̆̑́̽̾̔̇̉̂̔̈͊̒̋̆̀͊̚̕̕͘̕͘͢͠͝͝͞͞͞͠͝x̸̡̛҉̷̴̴̷̡̨̧̠̻͚̠̲̦̮̘͉̣͇̖͇͖͈̪̺̮̗̥͎̪͓̺͇̼͎̪̝̳̯̪͗̿͊̎̆͒̿̀́̕̕͟͢͜͜͝͠͡͠i̷̒҉̷̧̧̢̡̡̨̜̺̥̠̝̤̭͍͙̞̺̙̠͔̪̠̦̩͎͇͙̝̰̈́͘͜͜͜͜͜͞͠͠͞͝s̷̴̨͊̈́͐̏̄͒̉̉̊͗͘͡͠͡͠͠͏̷̑̐̒͗́͏̷̨̺̩̞̜̭̗̜̳̭͔̩͍̓̄͂̍̀̋̓́̀͘͘̕͢͝͠͠͞͞t̶̨̡̛̛́͆̂̈́̆̎̎̉̈́̓̈͒̚͘͜͝͝͡͏̢̿̔̍͆̌͊̌̈̉͒͋̈͆͛̅̒̒͘̚҉̧̛̗̥̪̟̝͕̈́͗͝.̵̨͋̇̊̊͆́͑͆̕͝͏̷̶̶̸̶̷̶̡̢̨̨̨̛̱͔̺̲͉͉̯̞̺̫͖̺̞̣̣̜̠̱̤̰̤̲̰̔͑̄͗͑̎͆̔̉̾͊͛̀̋̀̀̌̈̉́͌̆͒̌̃̒̾͗̒̑͂̈́̕̕͘͘͘̕͜͜͝͠ͅ͏̨̧̛̛͔̬̦͚̜̟̲̜͈͎̜̀͝͡҉͎̞
She returned to the other engineers, reporting that she has finished draining the water and has sealed the breaches temporarily. With that, the other engineers begin to work. She herself was connecting herself with the ice block, repairing and thickening it to prevent it from breaking.

After it was done, she returned to the guild, reporting her work.

Last edited:

Leegood

Quest Report (Unappraised)

References: (1)

After helping out a bit at the temple for a day, I decided to go after a quest again... It had been a while, and this one had been in the back of my mind for quite some time now, I worried about the possible repercussions it might have... For it's been too long since miss Felicia last checked up on this issue, and nobody else went after it since then.

So I picked the quest and headed to the Northern Forest to investigate the matter at hand.

At first there were no real issues inside it, though I noticed that the forest was quieter when compared to how it was back when I came here with mister Garret or when I escorted some people to get the Moonlight Water... Perhaps it was the backlash of the last attack on the guild... I prayed it was so.

But my prayers had no real effect this time, for I could feel a very... Uneasing presence further ahead... Once more, praying for The Goddess, I moved forward.

It didn't take more than a few steps, until a vine suddenly snapped towards me. Its sudden movement surprised me so much that I actually jumped away and somehow dodged the vine, I quickly thanked The Goddess for her protection, and then paid more attention to the plant that was near me... There was something dark about it... Something... Possessing it, one could say. Though not in the same way I was possessed.

Seems like the blight has expanded a long way already... It would be hard to clear all that on my own... But The Goddess sent me here for a reason, so I braced myself for the hard work ahead.

For now, I prayed... We were far from one another, but my prayers reached the plant... It wasn't too hard to take the blight away from it and let the plant return to normal. It seems that whatever was possessing it did not have a strong hold on the plant itself.

And so, I moved forward, paying more attention to my surroundings and feeling what was consumed by the darkness and what was not... And then I prayed for the plants that were possessed, and before long they were freed and returned to normal.

Though as I went deeper and deeper into the forest, I realized that basically every plant in this area was consumed by the blight, and it started taking longer to purify them... But it was alright, the plants wanted to be purified, and while the hold on them was stronger now, it was not impossible to clear it... With The Goddess help, all was doable, I just needed to believe.

After some time I got hungry and needed to stop to eat though... But the purified plants aided me and gave me some food... It was mostly unusual, I did not expect them to keep moving on their own after being cleansed, but it seems some sentience remained in them, to which I thanked The Goddess for.

Once I was done resting and eating, I kept moving ahead... Until I had to stop again, and eat more, and then sleep.

It was a tiring trip, but mostly peaceful, I could cleanse the plants from beyond their range of corruption... The main issue was how the progress got slower and slower as I moved... But I knew that this would not stop me, The Goddess had better plans for this forest than to just let it be consumed by the blight like this, I knew that much.

After some time, I certainly passed through the part that miss Felicia burnt... But I'm afraid I could not notice it at all, it seemed like the forest had completely recovered by now... A shame it recovered with corrupted plants though... But I cleansed the ones that I could, and then moved forward, that was how this would get done... One plant at a time.

And so, the days passed. It took about 3 days to finally reach the heart of the corruption, there was a big and purple plant amidst all the tainted ones. In its middle, there was a strange structure that felt like a giant cocoon that constantly pulsated, emanating some mist that spread the corruption to the forest.

... I got to work. I prayed that The Goddess would protect me and approached the plant... The other surrounding plants at first seemed to want to attack me, but... They didn't. They seemed to be resisting the influence of the central one, trying to accept The Goddess' blessings and be free from the blight.

I kept praying, praying and praying, until the ones in the surroundings were freed. Until the only one in my direct vicinity was the central plant, that did not seem to be cleansed just from far away prayers... And as such, I started walking towards it.

The plant seemed to react to that, and started throwing its mist directly towards me... It hurt my lungs, it felt like I was breathing poison... In order to stop that, I took out a talisman from my bag and held it in front of me while praying for The Goddess protection. She cleansed the nearby mist, and slowly got rid of the parts inside me as well... And so I kept walking.

It was tiring to keep pushing Mana into the Talisman while walking against the Mist, but I continued... I didn't know how much I'd last, but I knew I had to get there in order to do something about it... So one step at a time, I moved forward... Until I reached it. I reached the central plant that had completely surrounded me with its mist.

I started taking out other talismans and put them on the plant's unmovable roots, slowly doing it as I surrounded its entirety and had a talisman in each direction... And then, I started praying.

My prayers from this close, being amplified by the talismans had an effect this time, The Goddess' granted me the necessary power to go through the tree's defenses and cleanse it thoroughly... Going from the roots, all the way to the upper cocoon... The light took the blight away, cleansing the tree from its influence.

... And once it did, a couple things happened... First, all other trees in the surroundings started immediately getting cleansed. As if the grasp the Blight had on them instantly vanished.

Then, the cocoon broke apart, dispersing a last wave of darkness that was quickly consumed by the light.
Next, the plant that held the cocoon in place instantly withered, in a few seconds going from tall, majestic and astonishing, to a small branch... That soon crumbled to dust, leaving nothing where once stood the center of the corruption.

... This was not natural. That much I was certain of... It seems some more investigation would be required... But not for now... For now I needed to rest after burning mana that The Goddess has granted me into this purification... And then I'd need to report this back to the guild... Hopefully we'd be able to find some more information on this...

But at least, this area was cleared now.
  • Went to the forest area that Felicia contained the blight a while back.
  • Found it had spread a lot since then.
  • Cleansed it in a straight line until I reached the center. (took 3 days)
  • In the center there was some evil-like tree with a giant cocoon in its core, and it emanated some corrupting mist that affected the plants.
  • Cleansed the evil tree, which led to the whole area getting instantly cleansed and the evil tree crumbling to dust.
  • Went back to the guild with nothing remarkable happening afterwards.
"Nene that's good work you did cleansing the forest from pollution, here's your rewards."
Rewards:

Leegood

Not Appraised

Quest: It's Time to be a maid!
Sponsor: adventurer's guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:

• Spend a day cleaning the Tavern
  • Help out around the tavern
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live?

Since it's owned by the government, the guild will pay for you to work there.

Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...

Rewards:
35 EXP
10 Gold

("John" body) After doing the first quest, when I went to the guild to claim my reward for some reason I was given a "Lizardmen Guild associate licence" instead of the 10 gold, this means that I don't have the quest necessary quest if wanted to get one, lucky me :P

But I still need that gold I have been sleeping with Jerry's body for 2 nights straight now while eating those hallucinogenic cheese, so I went back to the guild to get another "It's time to be a maid!" quest, after signing the quest paper for approval the receptionist asked me

"I've been wondering John, how did you get Claire to like you so much? Even making her write a letter of recommendation for the guild to personally request you if ever they need more help down in the tavern?" - receptionist

"nothing much, I just talked with Claire and Abigail about some stuff, and they thought me how to do the maid work, and after a few hours I think that I became friends with Abigail and co."

"hmm friends with Abi, huh" -receptionist

after that brief conversation with the receptionist I went towards the Tavern.

After 30 minutes of walking, Claire welcomed met o the Tavern

"Welcome back John I've been expecting you" - Claire

I said hello to her then we chatted a little bit before Claire made me transform into Abigail again, but th'n I aks'd Claire

wh're Abigail was.

"ohh Abi, she's going to be late today because of the kid's at the orphanage" - Claire

"wait?, Abigail's an orph'n?" - John

"oh, you didn't know, yeah Abi became an orphan when we were still kids, her family got killed by burglars, poor thing, but good thing was that we were playing at my house when that happened."

While Claire was talki'n bout Abigail's past I unknowingly grab me left forearm with me right hand

noticing me hands, Claire laugh'd at me sayi'n that that's what Abigail usually do wh'n she's worri'd.

"Abi...Abi..Abi!!!!" - ???

*boom*
crashi'n into me was a girl bou't 16-18 year's old

"geez Abi why didn't you stop me like usual, come to think of it you don't usually come this early on this day." - ???

“Hahahaaha, that’s not Abi that’s John, the one we talked about last night, you know the Doppelganger” - Claire

“Whoah, really? Really! Really!?, your John, my bad for earlier, I just saw you do the what I call “the signature melancholic Abigail” pose, then I just went *dash* then *crash* I’m Stacy btw” - Stacy

“Stacy, eh nice to meet’cha” - John

“Whoahhhhhh, you even talk like Abi” - Stacy

“right! , hahahahaha!!!” - Claire

I th’n Awkwardlly scratch my temple, but th’t caus’d more laughter to come out of them.

“Ok guys time for work, John I think you can do well without Abi, if you haave any questions ask Stacy ok.” - Claire

“I got you, John nee-san *wink*” - Stacy

Wh’n I got out of the room, I then started to work but as expect’d it was way hard’r without Abigail, the Tav’rn was so noisy and fill’d with peopl’ to the brim.

“Can I get this?”
“How much would this cost?”
“What do you recommend?”
“Are our foods ready?”
“How long till our food’s ready?”
“Excuse me”
“Excuse me”
“Where can I get some Ale?”
“How would you like to go dinner with me tonight?”
“No me!”
“No pick me!”
“No! If you pick me i’ll make you the happiest woman in the world!”

*Noisy* *Noisy* *Noisy*

After a coup’l minut’s runnin’ roun’d the Tavern, I saw Ryan takin’ an seat, after getting his order I questioned him bout his job at the gate, Ryan then looked at me bewildered, dropping his jaw.

“Di-di-di-did yo-yuo-you just ask me a question other than my order?!?!” - Ryan

*silence*~~~~~

With the awkward silence of the whol’ Tavern I look’d at Stacy, but wh’n I saw her she had her mouth closed while sweatin’ buck’ts

*cheers!!!!!* *murderous look towards Ryan*

“Abigail the Abigail finally talked to someone about other things than Tavern business!!! This might be my chance to talk to her finally!!!”
“Who does that guy think he is talking with Abigail”
“*fainted*”
“Omg this is a big scoop, the Abigail talked to someone!”

The once noisy Tavern became ev’n noisier, I th’n clos’d me eyes to ready meself for the barage that was about to come, but the moment John opened them John was in a bed with my default form.

“What happened to John?” - John

“John you’re finally awake, you passed out 30 minutes ago, you really had us worried there, hahaha” - Claire

“John doesn’t know what happened John doesn’t feel weird” - John

“Whoah so this is your true form, kinda cool looking am I right Abi? You’re true form is kinda different from what I expected” - Stacy

“Yeah he looks way diff’rent from what I imagin’d, he e’ven speak in 3rd person” - Abigail

While John was flexing his muscles “John thinks that John is good again” - John

John then transformed back to Abigail only to be encumbered by a wave of dizz’ness

*rumble~~~~~*

“What was that?” - Abigail
“What was that?” - John

Lookin’ at me fiercely manager asked me “Johnnnnnn!!!, when was the last time you ate?”

“I’ve been eatin’ cheese as jerry ev’ry night” - John

What's Jerry? questioned everyone.

Ohh Jerry’s a rat I answered.

Naggin’ at me manager asked me

“When was the last time you ate a proper meal”

I answer’d “2 days ago with Ryan”

“Ohhhh so that guy’s Ryan, I feel sorry for what’s about to happen to him” - Stacy

“What!! 2 days ago!. Wait there I’ll make you something to eat” - Claire

Aft’r a few minutes manager made me eat a delicious stir fry chicken

“I wonder is it because since his other body is a trained dude he didn’t feel hungry or the need to eat until he transformed to Abi?” - Stacy

“Th’t migh’t be true” - Abigail

“Anyways John after resting for a little bit more transform into your other body and just clean the back area” - Claire

After a few more minutes I transformed back into my “John” body and got ready to clean the back, at the same time Abigail went out the room and the moment she got outside I could really hear the cheers of the crowd.

Then just like that I finished another day of being a maid

OOC: I think you will find a little bit of trouble reading the last part.
[/QUOTE]
"Here's the promised compensation."
Rewards:
35 EXP
10 Gold

Ooc mark as appraised

Leegood

Report Status: (unappraised)

(Informal report as character has not been to the guild yet. Should be the last one though.)

Scribel City (prior to the slime raid)

After puking my way out of the so-called "Outworlder Portal", as Dust called it, I began to follow his directions to the tavern districts where a cluster of taverns could be found, to get a temporary home and to take stock of my situation.

The cluster turned out to be more of a district than a cluster, with dozens of taverns adorned with colourful banners and large groups of patrons streaming in and out of their doors - as expected of a city full of outworlders without permanent residence. To be honest, the sight was abit much for a person who had just experienced teleportation-sickness. Besides, this was a foreign land with too many unknown variables and my enemies may be lurking in the shadows, waiting for me, and so I should keep a lower profile. Not even being teleportation-sick could make me forget that I was on a dangerous mission.

And so, I wandered around, towards the less-visited parts of the district. Eventually, my feet carried me to the doors of the Ragged Flagon. The Flagon was situated along one of the nondescript side-alleys along the main thoroughfare. An unremarkable, albeit slightly run-down tavern the Flagon was - perfect for a person seeking to avoid attention.

After checking in to my room (and vomiting in the toilet) , I began to take stock of my situation.

Firstly, my teleportation sickness and feeling of weakness was not caused by the teleportation process, but rather its effect on me. Somehow, despite my homeland simply being to the far west of Tonia, somehow I had ended up coming through the Outworlder gate. And that had sent me falling all the way back to level one. Hence, my mind and body simply was not used to the stark difference between level 19 me and level 1 me, which must have induced this bout of migraine and nausea.

Secondly, and worst of all, my connection with Olivia has been cut off. And that means that I have been cut off from a large repertoire of divine skills, as well as from summoning my faithful warhorse Estrella. I will have to find out the reason behind my inability to access Olivia's divine realm and find a way to reconnect to it.

Finally, my mission has not changed. It is just that it gotten more complicated. I will have to seek out the Tears of the Gods while dealing with an enemy who knows of my mission and has even actively sabotaged it. I cannot say for certain that the ecumenical council has not managed to insert agents into Tonia to hunt for me and the Tears.

Still, I can do little more at level one and should probably find some work and level up soon. Speaking about work, I recall the existence of a certain Adventurers' Guild in the city. Obtaining an identity there would also allow me to blend in better and evade any would-be pursuers. Perhaps it is time to visit the Guild.
I stamped a paper
  • Money: n/a
Ooc mark it appraised~

Leegood

> > >
Customer Service Department [SC0208]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >

Report Status: Not Appraised

Niror was in the guild once again - this time she heard she’s gonna face difficult people. Why do people have to be so… Trigger happy, especially adventurers, I get it’s a stressful job but damn… Take a chill pill and relax. Sitting down at my spot - once again with two old books on I was sitting on plus the chair I got comfortable for the long run of rowdy adventures and their problems that no one else wants to handle.

She let out a sigh - at least she is getting paid even though her clothing is better then shreds now. Tavern people are rather nice to meet for sure - shaking her head to get back on track of her current quest she waited for her first trouble maker to arrive…

Taking a few minutes someone showed up, rather buff looking man with his face saying: “I hate this.” He stood in at the counter before fixing his eyes on Niror scanning her slightly covered face as her hood was up to block some of the sunlight they will be appearing soon. He soon pushed down a paper against the counter. “This is stupid!” He started - she can already feel head pain starting to come just from these first three words.

As his hand left the paper, she took it - it was two papers one was a quest than a response from the guild. Reading through his report, then over to the quest, the guild had supplied she listened to the man huff and puff before she looked up as he finally got to the pain point of ruining her quiet time. “They said I didn’t fully complete the quest so I won’t get the whole reward - I did everything.” He crossed his arms staring down at her.

She sighed in her head, a simple man. She looked back to the report before looking back up. “You forgot to get rid of the twenty rat bodies that you left behind in the sewer - that’s what the guild claims plus you didn’t put in your report if you *had* gotten rid of the bodies, making us having to go check.” She took a breath before shifting on her book chair. “Only getting part of the reward is better than nothing. On a note, if you do the quest again, you can throw the bodies at the slimes so they can eat them - then kill the slimes. Two birds with one stone, just a hint.” She smiled slightly towards the man who was now processing what she had said.

It took him a moment before giving a smile. “Damn for a brat you sure are smart!” He nodded before turning to leave before stopping to speak. “I’ll use the idea, if it doesn’t work I’ll be back to you!” He exited the guild. She sighed quietly moving the papers to the side. All muscles no brain people are painful to deal with. At least he didn’t try to reach over to grab her.

After hours of taking these rowdy humans and counterparts, she thought she was dealing with stupid people who were always up to arms within a given chance they though the guild was trying to screw them over. Honestly, no wrong in so many aspects. At least she could explain to them why it happened, and how they could do better in the future, even though she didn’t know what most of the quests, or problems certain people had.

She smiled faintly to herself, as she hopped down from the chair. In all, she had helped ten people, all them just rowdy and quick to anger so they just sent them here. This is understandable as it made it more efficient for the front to process people quicker. She had written her report, plus she had someone close to her so they could vouch she was actually here and working on these things. Going to the front to place her quest and report in front of the lady who was behind the desk she went to the side to wait for her quest to be processed.
"Little nirror you've had it hard~" I gave her a hug "here's your rewards~"

Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G

Leegood

Un-evaluated
I went down to the dock where the lake guards were meeting up after getting this quest from the receptionist with the filled neck. One of the guards ran over and escorted me to a small pen with one of the lake eels in it. The eel was literally that a large eel. I then went and got taught how to sit on it in the lake and how to do other such things by the guard. The eel was a dick I did not like him always trying to run away from under me. The eels were of course very slimy and you had to hold onto specific parts of the body to make sure that you stayed on. Surprisingly though the eel didn't try and do a death roll like a crocodile would have. The words written are all bland and have very little substance behind them just as the experience was for the current AIEO blank and bland the information was absorbed but nothing more.
"Nice work." I said blandly
  • Money: (1 G)
  • Other: Eel riding skill

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

Today again, I stand upon the Blackpine Slopes, preparing to fight off the snakes. In preparation against heavily armored targets, we prepared a ballista that is slowly getting positioned. And while it is getting positioned, we have to hold the attackers back. Which might not be as easy as the last few times, as I spot a handful of "armored" snakes in the first wave. How do the snakes just keep getting more and more?

As they approach us, the ranged fighters fire their first volley - and the bolts and arrows mostly glance off the "armored" ones, barely doing any damage. They still work well on the others though, which is what they focus their attack on after that. Then the melee fight begins, and I get busy cutting down snakes.

From the corner of my eye, I see a few defenders take down one of the armored ones - they hook it down, and then bash it to death with a hammer. Seems like those scales are mostly useful against slashes and somewhat against stabs. As one of the creatures approach me, I take my sword in the "Mordhau" - essentially holding my sword on the blade, and using the handle and guard as a weapon. With my full force, I smash the guard into its face, the pointy end penetrating into its skull.

As it collapses I pull my sword out of its head - my tight grasp of the blade and my gloves having protected my palms from damage - and simply return to holding my sword at the handle and switch to a normal guard, then proceed to cut down more spiders. Weirdly enough, I'm slowly getting used to this. While I can't rely on my hearing, with the noise all around, I can rely on my allies to protect my sides and back. With me only having to focus on my front, there is no way these primitive monsters would ever defeat me.

Well, that's assuming that I don't have to fight until I'm exhausted, of course. But today doesn't seem to be one of these days. The ballista is set up and proceeds to skewer the armored ones with its bolts, reducing the pressure on us even further. After fighting for a while, the snakes stop coming, and the fight ends. Whilst joking about how surprisingly weak the armored ones were with the other defenders, I return to the city and hand in my report at the guild. It is still early. I think I'll train some more before resting - I'm sure I'll find a practice partner without trouble.
"It's good those sites ones aren't too strong." I play swung an invisible sword "here's your rewards mister swordmaster~"

Leegood

Quest - Evaluation Needed

> > >
Rock Mite Subjugation [GH0603]
Objectives:
  • Survey the tunnels for rock mites.
  • Eliminate rock mites.
  • Collect 30 rock mite carapaces.
Rock mites aren't particularly dangerous individually.
They live in crevices and holes all around the mountain.
But you haven't witnessed true terror until a swarm bursts in your face.
Their little pincers gnaw at everything they touch, easily crushing rock to dust.
Rewards:
> > >
On our second rounds of subjugation in the mines, we headed back in the shafts after a decent rest. Delving once again into the deep iron mines, we ready ourselves for slaying multiple amounts of rock mites. I had to carefully survey the walls for any sort of rumbling sound or cracks, so far there was no luck.

The tunnel halls were eerily quiet; not even the mining of the rocks could be heard. We scoured the tunnels for any form of sounds within the walls, no such luck doing so after a long time. Thinking its bad luck, I had us turned around to return back to the entrance until I heard a slight crack.

Further down into a tunnel echoed an unmistakable cracking sound. We cautiously moved forward to source until we arrived at the source. A wall was obviously deteriorating as if it was being eaten from the inside out. Thinking it were rock mites I had Iris be ready to freeze them once I punched a hole in the wall.

With a clenched fist I shattered a huge hole on the wall. Expecting a handful of mites, what came out instead was a fountain of them; endless pouring out of the hole that I just made. Iris tried to freeze them all but couldn’t keep up with the sheer numbers. The mites noticed us and started swarming towards us. A couple got near my feet and started munching at my greaves; chipping away the metal bits by bits. I slashed all those that clung onto my feet but more kept clinging onto my greaves. With no choice but to run, I told Iris to block them off with a wall and make a run for it.

She did as she told and erected a crystal wall between us and the mites. The swarm was unfazed and slowly ate their way through the crystal. Cracks started forming and soon a hole on the crystal was formed. We made a dash towards the entrance of the mines but I stopped at a fork on the tunnels. Iris noticed me and stared at me with confusion. I didn’t notice the look at her face as I was deeply pondering on the situation.

If the swarm is after us then I couldn’t just run back to the entrance; that would mean exposing the swarm to the entire city. I need to find a way to kill the swarm but… I don’t know how… Maybe…

With a brief look at Iris, she was anxiously waiting for me.

Do I have a choice? Is it the city or us? No… It’s either them or me… It’s always been like that… Having made my decision, it was clear what I needed to do. It was risky but it was better than nothing.

“Iris I need you to seal me with the rock mites in the tunnel. Make a small hole and start freezing the whole tunnel path. No matter what happens don’t stop. I’ll keep them from breaking the wall.

“Iris doesn’t know what Reival is saying. Is Reival fighting? Then Iris will fight.”

“Yea I’m fighting but I need you to close me off with them. You have another fight on your hands. Trust me on this.”

I can tell by the look on her face that she doesn’t want to do it, but still nods in approval. I relieve my fate to hers and headed back towards the tunnel where the swarm was. I can already hear them crawling towards me. A large crystal wall was formed behind me, completely sealing off the pathway. A small hole was formed in the wall and frosty air started pouring out of it. I can already feel the chill as it slowly freezes my body.

Finally the swarm was within my sight, they had reached the frost and were noticeably slowed down by it; still they brute forced their way to me and the crystal. This is where I make a stand.

With the first mite reaching me, I crushed it underneath my foot. Other mites followed through and started clinging onto me while nibbling at my armor. They were slow enough that I could detach them from myself without being overwhelmed. I bashed and crushed them with my shield as the carcasses piled up one after another, but the numbers never ceased. I could feel my limbs tensing up from the cold and fatigue started piling up.

The swarm still persisted to get through me and the wall, but I persisted in defending it. At this rate I’ll be overwhelmed and they’ll get through the wall. There isn’t much I could do at this point.

“Iris! Freeze the whole tunnel! Freeze everything!”

“No… Reival wi… ozen!”

We can barely talk to each other but she understood my intentions. Sorry Iris but I’m out of options.

“Do it! Or they’ll get through!”

As I’m still fighting the mites, the temperature took a steep dive and the mites slowly started freezing up. Deep blue color started on the walls and trickled its way towards the swarm. The mites couldn’t keep up with the constant freezing of its numbers and soon gave up on the pursuit; turning tails back to where they came from.

I fell down on my knees and couldn’t even feel the impact. Everything was hazy and I couldn't feel anything. Looking up, the tunnel ceilings had a glimmering effect on the dark blue ceiling. It’s almost as if its night time and the stars twinkled under a moonless night.

“Rei..l! Re..al! ..ival!”

I’m tired… It’s so cold… Maybe a little rest will do…

Iris greets Guild

Went into iron mines and killed rock mites. We fought a swarm and pushed them back to their nest. Iris gives guild 6 sacks filled with dead rock mites. Reival is tired and sleeping. Zio will comfort Reival.
"That was quite a dangerous gamble, but...here's the rewards, don't be rash in the future okay? " I said worriedly
Rewards:

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

Once more unto the breach. A saying I once heard, perfectly describing today. Once more I stand on the Blackpine Slopes, once more amidst my allies, and once more the snakes emerge from the lake. Scouts have reported some sort of snake that spits its poison, and we have come prepared - in addition to the usual equipment, we have brought what I, for the lack of a better word, siege shields. Giant wooden shields that can be rolled around, deployed in front of our forces to defend against ranged attacks.

Each of the shields has a small group of fighters behind it, a few ranged ones in the middle and a few melee ones on the sides, currently spread out to block the gaps between the shields - but ready to retreat to cover should any ranged attack be aimed at them. Which we do, as the poison harmlessly splashes against the shields again and again. But then the snakes that survived our own ranged assault arrive, safe from their brethren's poison.

A fierce battle erupts between the shields as we move out to close the line, killing snakes while trying to retreat back into cover before getting hit by the poison. This time, it does not go as well as the last time - the indiscriminate hail of poison only hurts us and not the snakes, and it takes quite a while before our ranged fighters manage to take theirs out. In this amount of time, many of us were hit by the poison and everyone seems to react to it differently. Perhaps because that simply is the nature of this poison, or perhaps because the poison of every snake is different.

I managed not to get hit - this time. The snakes disperse soon after the ranged snakes are defeated. Should things continue this way the next few times, casualties will start to rack up. I hope that they will come up with some sort of counter before that happens. But for me, I return to the guild, hand in my report, and spend the rest of my free time training.
"It seems worrying that our side is getting more injured while the other seems like a swarm.... Stay safe okay?"

Leegood

Report status: Unappraised
> > >
Joint Military Exercises [GH0505]
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Report to the Gelderholm barracks.
  • Conduct a patrol exercise with the dwarven military.
  • Demonstrate competency in a military environment.
We don't got the luxury of time, but I'm in charge of you new recruits.
I don't care what kind of place you came from, but you listen to my orders here.
My orders, you hear me? If I tell you attack, then you attack.
Don't be that goddamn idiot who fires an arrow without the signal.
And by the Balrog's Breath, don't fling those fireballs senselessly like an idiot.
The tunnels are fragile, and you never know when there's gas in the rock.
If you cause an explosion, you'll bury all of us alive!
Forget the hydra — you'll get us all killed first!
Rewards:
> > >

"Watery reporting in." Watery said to the recruiter in front of her. Seeing that a lot of the quest in the board required her to pass this one, she took this one first after she arrived at Gelderholm. Since the requester did not care about her background, she guessed that the requester just wanted her to be molded to what the requester wanted. Thus, she set herself to listen.

"Alright. Your number is 7, and your squad is 422. Next one please." The man said, as he handed her a plain dog tag. Did she have to wear it all the time? Seeing the cue for her dismissal, she left.

It was awkward when she was the only one wearing a dress in this place. She couldn't wear the dog tag or anything in her water form, thus she assumed the ice form and wore the dress she had and her dog tag. Seeing that her ice form was barefoot, perhaps she had to rectify that in the future. For now, she had to search the place she was assigned.

---

"Alright, you maggots! I want you to do a patrol exercise! The army has no need of someone who cannot follow orders! So, if you fail to heed my command just one time, you are failed without question. is that understood?"

The people around her responded, "Sir, yes sir!"

"First command! No talking among yourself, except when asked by your superior!" the man said. "Now, this man," he pointed at the man at his left, "will follow us from the back. If you are passed by him, consider yourself to fail right then and there! While marching, you will not look anywhere but the front except when ordered, is that understood?"

"Yes sir!"

"Now, form three columns among you in 30 seconds, one! two! three! ..."

They did. The first three in the front quickly formed three column by themselves. The others were aligning themselves to the first three. As she was on the second row, she had aligned herself to the one in front of her. She glanced at her side, trying to find out if she was aligned horizontally.

"Time's up! Now, follow me! Onwards!"

---

She got to admit, hearing the man in the back calling those numbers, then giving the verdict that they were eliminated was an effective way to create a tension among them. She was almost at the forefront, thus she knew the distance between the front and the commander was slim, and they could not actually increase their pace. Yet, each time the man called, it would be followed by the increase of the sound of footstep from her back.

Fifteen minutes after the march started, they had to synchronize their step. The commander said that when after two minutes he could hear a footstep that was out of place, they would all fail the exercise. The one on the forefront synchronized their footsteps with the commander. Then, she followed suit. She hoped that the one would be able to get the cue from the front, and synchronized theirs. Slowly, the sound of synchronized footstep became louder. After the cadence became clearer, it was not long before everyone followed suit.

"Alright, stop!"

they all stopped. The one on her back pushed her slightly when the man said that. Since no one was calling that person, she guessed that that mistake was allowed.

"In front of us, you will encounter kobold habitat. Now, prepare your weapon!"

she created her ice lance.

"Kobold in Gelderholm are known for their tinkering ability. Those who have fought kobolds before, raise your hand."

She didn't know how many raised their hand behind her, but of the three in front of her, only one did.

"Now, to those who have raised their hand, abandon the experience of fighting that kobold. You must be aware of your surrounding at all times! One hit from the kobold traps, your leg will be amputated. Do you want that?"

no one answered. she guessed that the prospect of fighting kobold seem harder with that traps. Not to mention, the guild have stated that the medicine in gelderholm was in short supply. Seeing that one mistake could spell their end to their adventurer career, no one commented.

"Another thing. The kobold is the one we consider low rank in the threat you may face here. So, it will be harder from here on. If you are aware of that, now we march forward. Pay attention to your surrounding. If you see your comrade going to be hit by that trap, try to save them. You are no longer required all order from before. Those who are ready to face the kobolds, move forward. This is not graded, so if you want to stay back, you can do so."

If the problem was only that leg amputation, the risk to herself was low. Thus, she moved forward. When the commander closed the chance to join, only fifteen from those forty or so were in front of with her.

"Follow me. Pay attention to the ground, the ceiling and the wall."

---

Seven among the fifteen fell. Some of them were grazed by a poisoned arrow, and they suddenly collapsed. Some of them had been killed by the flame when the lantern fell and hit the oil underneath them. If it wasn't for her unique body, she would have been counted as one of the casualties. She lost count on how many arrows were launched from the wall. She lost count when spikes suddenly came out. One of the spikes pierced through her body and destroyed her body and dress. After she recovered, she ended up with a ruined dress.

Even with their precaution, the Kobolds had created their fortification well. When the kobolds saw them, those kobolds immediately retreated. The commander quickly commanded them to not pursue those kobolds, and for with the capability of ranged attack to use them. He himself took out his bow and begin to attack the retreating Kobolds.

"If you are fighting against kobolds, attacking from long range is your best bet. Of course, the kobolds also have their long range capability. In fact, in Gelderholm long range attacker is the type of kobold you will encounter most often. Their crossbow can easily punch through armor. Their arrows are poisoned. They utilize the darkness well, and if you continue to use torch in this place, you will die because of the poisoned air caused by your torches."

The amount of kobolds that were felled by their group was only four. No one dared to hastily advance, and the commander ordered them to go back.

as they returned, the commander said, "I have one last order. Survive and fight."

"sir, yes sir." they all chorused.
"It seems you live quite dangerously....here's the reward~"
Rewards:

Leegood

Report status: not appraised

> > >

Repairing the Dikes [GH0701]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Repairing Damage (Scribel)
  • Assist with the repair of defensive fortifications.
  • Repair any broken flood walls.
When the hydra's minions attack from below, they try to flood the tunnels.
Water from the lake spills in, drowning many dwarves.
Help us repair the flood walls and fortifications. We are stretched thin.
If too many leaks are breached, the city will be lost.
Rewards:
> > >

She had asked them to do it alone. If she had to freeze a body of water that large, she would inevitably create the water vapor in the tunnel. She didn't want the others to be cooked inside while she was working.

First, she had to seal the breaches. In order to do that, she needed to freeze the hole caused by the breach. She began to meld her body with the water.
Here we do toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen.
What was that?
Never the hand stop pouring. Never the water stop flowing. Never the work stop, for we always remember
She felt unease. Immediately, she reformed her body. Yet, the pervasive feeling of unease keep her. She saw the serpents around her beginning to attack her. She had to risk herself to expand her domain once again. Once again, she melded into the water.
The hand that was coated in blood. In the first of the sacred night, we took a life.
She had to do this fast. The feeling of wrongness increased more when she began to connect. She expanded her consciousness, putting the water serpents into her domain. With one twist, she froze the water around the serpents and let a part of the water evaporate.
What she had to do was to make an ice wall around the breach. Then, she had to compress these water into her body as much as possible and bring it elsewhere. After that, she could let the others work on the breach. She expanded her consciousness.
She found the breach. She channeled the temperature around that breach into the other part of the water and began to seal it. Thicker... Thicker... can't have that breach reopened when they work on it.
After she felt that the wall was thick enough, she began to absorb the water around her. As she compressed those into her, she wondered how she should dispose of the poison that was filling the water. Finishing, she formed herself into her water form. Her body color was slightly tinged purple, probably from all the poison currently in her body.
F̸̷̸̡̖̜̯̬̖͍̣͙͉͚̂͜͢͜͝o̷̵̢̪̓̇͆̽̉̏̇̀̿͆̂͋̋̀̚͘̚͝͝͏̘͙́҉̢̨̡̬̺͕̲͍̺͜ŕ̴̴̶̸͊̐̓̇̓͐̿͘͢҉̴̷̸̴̨̡̧̨̡̠̪̻͓̥̙̼̱͖̼͍̖̮̪͓͈̣̻͈̠͈͕͚̺̻̼̹͎͚͓́͢͏̘͙͕e̶̵̓̊͌҉̵̧̨̘̻̜̺͇̙͓̣̥̰̞͉̮̞̫͉̽̔̈́͂̅̄̒̅̉̈́̐̈́͐̄͗̈́̑̎͌́̀̀̚͘͢͟͜͝v̸̴̢̢́͐̉̒̌͊̌̈̑̀̏̕͞͝͏̛̌̄̈̎̿͘͡͠͡͏̶̴̴̶̧̢̛̰͙̟̹̝̗̗͉̥̓̒͑́̍̀͛̒̓̇͋̽̑͂̇̕̚̕͢͜͜͞͝͞͠͏̨̡̡̲͇͖͈̹͓̟̟̫̬̕͟͜͝è̴̷̸̵̸̸̴̶̢̡̢̨̨̛̛͙̗͙̜̼̖̱͕̮̜͍̼͍̪̼͓̮͖̣͈͇̖̆͒̀͑̅̃͋͑͒̋̾̑͛̔̎͗̒̃́̉͑̋͑̑̿̀̊̑́̈̕͘̕͢͟͜͡͠͠͞͠͏̱ŗ̶̧̛̛͙̟͍͚̱̝͎͉̠̞̞̜͔̼̗͈͐̐̈́́͂̕͢͜͡͝͞͝ͅͅm̵̴̷̧̨̧̧̡̨̨̛͕͓̹̼̖̦̮̰̳̞̫̭̤͍̻̪̳̟͚̲̼͐̄͐͗̀͒̓̃̇̈́͗̎͂̏̏̓̓́́́͘̚͢͜͞͝o̵̶̴̸̷̵̢̡̢̢͚̹͍͎̪̖̓͒͆̈́̓̄̆̀̽̄̍̾̒̃̊̑̄̓́̑̅̄͋̊̎̈̀͘̕͜͝͠͠͝͝͝r̶̵̷̛̜͈̖͇̼͕̘̈́̏̒͗̂̓̉͐́̓̎͒́̉̾́̿̍̔́͂͂̋̀̀̅̅͒͘͢͜͠͞͝͝͞͠͠͝͏̧̨̡̛̰͚̯̯̰̀e͏̷͏̶̨̈̎́̽̌́̄̚͏̸̷̸̴̢̨̢̡̧̨̧̧̢̛̛͉͕̟̖̫͓̦̮̪͚̝͈̝̘̲͈̫̣͎̘̫͚̝̯͆͋̒̆̾̀̽͑̏̎̈́̾̋́̏͐̃̇̈́͌̐̊̌̋́̕͘͘͟͜͜͠͠͠͡͡͞͡ͅ,̶̸̢̨̨̨̛̜̭͕̅͒͑̈̕҉̸̢̢̨̡̹̝̠̲̙̗̮̜̻͈̺̣̤͟͞͞ ̶̵̷̸̵̷̸̢̨̢̡̨̨̨̡̨̛̛̦̦̠̹̙̺̘̩̭̯͕̼͎̉̾́͐̿̔́̏̄̉͛̊̆̄̋̽̿̓͒́́̏̓̾̈͐̔̂̑̓͋̀͛̊́́̀̕̚͘̚͢͜͢͟͜͝͠͡͝͞͞͝ͅ҉̱̥͇҉ơ̵̴̴̶̷̪̼̐́̈͆̓̊̐͐̈́̍̉̔̀͋̇͊̆̎́͊͂̆͐͂̕̕̕͡͝͡͠͝҉͕́ù̶̸̧̧̨͖͔̠̬͎͚̭̙̱̉̓́̚͜r̸̵҉̴̸̡̋́̅̆͂̓̀͌̍̄͜͝͠҉̢̡̨̡̧̛͉̞̣̪̞̩͘͢͢ͅ ̴̷̶̵̢̢̡̢̡̪̯͇͍̻͙̰̰̀̀̓̇͌̃̏̐̊͗̓̈͐̂͛̽́̕͘̕͟͟͜͝͞ͅͅ҉̷̨̡̡͈̻̳͓́͡҉̝̮̳̮͖̮͈̮͕̮̝̀̀́͞ͅĥ̷̷̷̴̛̋̎̏̏͑̑̋̈́̉̓͐̕͡͝͝͠҉̿̑̒͒͞҉̆̈̂̈́͋͌͗̓̏̏̕͟͝͏̴̴̵̧̡̨̡̮̮̪͓̮̟͈̬͍͎͚͖̘͖̫͍̗̣͎̮͉̞̜̝͙̻͓̬͔̟̖̝̞̣͙̖̮̙̣̣̯̒̇͗̄͐̉́́́̀̀͘̕̕͢͜͜͟͝͠͝͠a̵̒͒̎̋̋͑̕̚͝͡͏̵̴̴̷̵̨̛̀̏̄͐̓͊̽̈́̀͂͐͑̂̓̽̾̌̉̏̋͘͘̚͘͜҉̶̨̧̧̨̭͔̘̝̳͕͇̞̯͑̾́̕͜͏̵̨̧͎̬̪͈̣̗̠̹͕̙́͘͡ͅt̸̸̨̧̡̢̨̨̨̨̨̫̩̖̙̟̤͎̺͇̫͛̏̐͌̅̂̒̃̆̀͘͘̕̕͜͢͜͜͢͝͝ŕ̷̶̀͛̈̿̈́̽͐̾̚̚͞͏͂͒͏̵̡̨̡̧̨̛͔̼͚̗̜̺̦̪͓̗̱̜̲̤͖̼͖̘̙͉̦̠͕̠̼͉͔̹͎̙͇́́͜͜͜͠͡͞͠e̷̴̸̶̸̷̶̷̸̡̨̡̢̡̨̨̛̛͎̞͕̯͉̲͍̝͈̗̘̟̮̫̯̖̯̻̺̯̝̤̥̟͇͉͋̐̆̑́̆̋̽̅̓́̐͛͋͂́͐̌̽̿̋̔̄͂̊̄̀́̚̕͘͜͜͜͠͠͞͠͝͝͠͝͠͞͞ͅ͏̶̡̧̢͈͈̖͕͔̰͓͉̙͡d̴̢́̄̓͊͗̒̕̕҉̴̸̴̧̡̡̢̢̨̨̨̧̢̻̤̻̪̫̭̫̠̻̱̞͎̣͉̬̞̞̬̙̮̪̟̯̝̫͎͙̳̣̖̅̓̽̈́̓̏̈́̏̈́͐̌́̀͘͠͡͝͝͞͞͝͞ͅ ̸̸̷̷̴̴̸̸̷̴̵̨̢̡̨̛̛̛̣̫̮̜̻̮̱̞̬͉̬͉͉̮͓͓̙͈̜̪̼͖̽́͊́̔͋̈́͊̀̽̀̂̏͑̇̇̓́͊͗̏̊̒̌̉̈́́̽́̅̈́̈́̿̎̆̏̿͐͘̕̚̚͘͘̚͟͟͟͝͡͠͝͝͝͠͠͞͡ͅm̵̵̷̴̢̡̨̨̨̧̧̡̢̛̛͍̤̠͓̰̫̗͈̮͓͈̠̣̃̇̏́͋͑͐̈́̑̍͊̌̈́̾̕͘͘̕͜͞͠͡͝ͅͅà̵̸̧̧̨̧̢̈́̍̀͂͋̑́̀̔́͊͛͆́̀̄̈́͋̔̂̑̄̊̓͊̒͛͐̏̾̚͢͞͠͏̛͍̼͉̣͓͐͐͜͏̙͙̪̯͖̠̖̠̩͇͕͕͜͜͟͠͏͇͏̨̺̼͖̹̤͕̜̫̫̙͕̬͙͚͕̀̀͘̕ͅy̶̷̢̧̨̨̝̦̥̯̳̤͇̳͐̒̈́̓̇͐̎̀̇̔̌̽̀ ̸̸̵̸̴̧̡̧̨̧̣̩͉̰͉̱̝͇̠͚͓͔̼̺͍̫͕̺̗̹̜̝͍̰͇̞̙͛̿̂̀͜͢͟͞͠͝͠e̶̷̸̷̵̡̨̛̫̮̬̦̙͖̰͉̖̽̊̐̓̀͋̍͂̏͒͆̀̐́̀̌̆̑́̽̾̔̇̉̂̔̈͊̒̋̆̀͊̚̕̕͘̕͘͢͠͝͝͞͞͞͠͝x̸̡̛҉̷̴̴̷̡̨̧̠̻͚̠̲̦̮̘͉̣͇̖͇͖͈̪̺̮̗̥͎̪͓̺͇̼͎̪̝̳̯̪͗̿͊̎̆͒̿̀́̕̕͟͢͜͜͝͠͡͠i̷̒҉̷̧̧̢̡̡̨̜̺̥̠̝̤̭͍͙̞̺̙̠͔̪̠̦̩͎͇͙̝̰̈́͘͜͜͜͜͜͞͠͠͞͝s̷̴̨͊̈́͐̏̄͒̉̉̊͗͘͡͠͡͠͠͏̷̑̐̒͗́͏̷̨̺̩̞̜̭̗̜̳̭͔̩͍̓̄͂̍̀̋̓́̀͘͘̕͢͝͠͠͞͞t̶̨̡̛̛́͆̂̈́̆̎̎̉̈́̓̈͒̚͘͜͝͝͡͏̢̿̔̍͆̌͊̌̈̉͒͋̈͆͛̅̒̒͘̚҉̧̛̗̥̪̟̝͕̈́͗͝.̵̨͋̇̊̊͆́͑͆̕͝͏̷̶̶̸̶̷̶̡̢̨̨̨̛̱͔̺̲͉͉̯̞̺̫͖̺̞̣̣̜̠̱̤̰̤̲̰̔͑̄͗͑̎͆̔̉̾͊͛̀̋̀̀̌̈̉́͌̆͒̌̃̒̾͗̒̑͂̈́̕̕͘͘͘̕͜͜͝͠ͅ͏̨̧̛̛͔̬̦͚̜̟̲̜͈͎̜̀͝͡҉͎̞
She returned to the other engineers, reporting that she has finished draining the water and has sealed the breaches temporarily. With that, the other engineers begin to work. She herself was connecting herself with the ice block, repairing and thickening it to prevent it from breaking.

After it was done, she returned to the guild, reporting her work.
"Have yourself checked out, suddenly turning another color is a bad sign you know?'
Rewards:

FlutterOfCrows

Quest Evaluated

Making a Friend™ [SC0003]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:

Dust decided to go down to the sewers, and search for the homeless, to become his friend. As he knows few others if any at all.
As the quest did not specify who or what caste, this is Dust best bet, at least until he could find out if other eldritchkin made it to this world.
Though he is getting off-topic with his thoughts, though It's usual for him.
Just as traveling the sewers are for Dust. As all they do is remind him of his true home, in the lands of sea, beast, and rain. A land where chaos reigned, where the only gods, are its children.
As Dust ponders upon that which has passed, the time from his world now in his past, Dust notices something trying to hide from him up ahead, too big to be a rat, and too small and fuzzy to be human. Dust walks forward, pretending to not have noticed, as he let that world's mana leak through, as he cut his hand quietly, letting it leak into the water..as Dust is about to pass the tunnel, he turns towards it abruptly, as his Rune of Ensnaring ensnares the one that wished to run.
As the being struggles and dust move closer, the light from his runes reveals who it was, to be some kind of a cross between a roach, slime, and rat, with the forbearing of a humanoid.
"P-please don't kill me, I had no plans to disturb you, I was already leaving, just, please let me go...", the strange humanoid states as it tries to get untied...
Though dust could have and intends to, his first comment is instead, "Will you be my friend, at the very least, an acquaintance I can return to every so often?
You do not have to enjoy our interaction if you so dislike it if you feel despair, are you willing to accept such?" Dust asks, in his soft and polite tone.
As the being stops, shocked and surprised someone so foo-...no, not foolish..as the mage-turned cursed human can smell the scent..sense the deep tides..this child in front of him is a follower of an eldritch lord..maybe even an eldritch god.... the cursed human shakes his head, removing himself from his revelry. "I-i'm willing, though please be wary if I do start trying to bite things, for I cannot control what I have become, only deal with its consequences..."
Dust nods, as he glances back at his blood, slowly spreading through the sewers, though it's bad it's spreading its influence, the good news is it will be so diluted, that the beast of sewers and of decay, will only be slightly stronger, and only for a few days at most, as the blood runs its course.
Returning his focus at hand, he looks at this cursed human..and knowing that this man is already beyond most here capable of saving, and without a heavy price, Dust decides to offer something...
"I can't cure you, but I can at least ensure you will not suffer any longer from your hunger...if your willing to listen to my offer...", as Dust materialize a deep-sea mana seed...and offer it to the cursed human.
"This will make curing you harder..but won't make it impossible..and in the meantime..allow you to go periods of time without a need to feast...in the end though..its your choice.."
Dust offers to the cursed, though by then, the Cursed human has already cusped his hands around it..and nods..accepting a way out..for its pain..even if the road to recovery is longer..just so long as the pain now is stifled.
Dust leaves, happy he found someone he could talk to, about the darker side of the eldritch, and possibly a source of info on the dark arts. As while he leaves, sounds of transformation can be heard..followed by a smooth, almost squeaky laugh from the sewers, similar to a ratkin.~

-Dust found the Cursed human once more in the sewers.
-Through some unknown deal, they became good friends o>.
-Dust even gave his new friend a gift to help him feel better.~

Last edited:

Leegood

Quest Unevaluated

Making a Friend™ [SC0003]
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:

Dust decided to go down to the sewers, and search for the homeless, to become his friend. As he knows few others if any at all.
As the quest did not specify who or what caste, this is Dust best bet, at least until he could find out if other eldritchkin made it to this world.
Though he is getting off-topic with his thoughts, though It's usual for him.
Just as traveling the sewers are for Dust. As all they do is remind him of his true home, in the lands of sea, beast, and rain. A land where chaos reigned, where the only gods, are its children.
As Dust ponders upon that which has passed, the time from his world now in his past, Dust notices something trying to hide from him up ahead, too big to be a rat, and too small and fuzzy to be human. Dust walks forward, pretending to not have noticed, as he let that world's mana leak through, as he cut his hand quietly, letting it leak into the water..as Dust is about to pass the tunnel, he turns towards it abruptly, as his Rune of Ensnaring ensnares the one that wished to run.
As the being struggles and dust move closer, the light from his runes reveals who it was, to be some kind of a cross between a roach, slime, and rat, with the forbearing of a humanoid.
"P-please don't kill me, I had no plans to disturb you, I was already leaving, just, please let me go...", the strange humanoid states as it tries to get untied...
Though dust could have and intends to, his first comment is instead, "Will you be my friend, at the very least, an acquaintance I can return to every so often?
You do not have to enjoy our interaction if you so dislike it if you feel despair, are you willing to accept such?" Dust asks, in his soft and polite tone.
As the being stops, shocked and surprised someone so foo-...no, not foolish..as the mage-turned cursed human can smell the scent..sense the deep tides..this child in front of him is a follower of an eldritch lord..maybe even an eldritch god.... the cursed human shakes his head, removing himself from his revelry. "I-i'm willing, though please be wary if I do start trying to bite things, for I cannot control what I have become, only deal with its consequences..."
Dust nods, as he glances back at his blood, slowly spreading through the sewers, though it's bad it's spreading its influence, the good news is it will be so diluted, that the beast of sewers and of decay, will only be slightly stronger, and only for a few days at most, as the blood runs its course.
Returning his focus at hand, he looks at this cursed human..and knowing that this man is already beyond most here capable of saving, and without a heavy price, Dust decides to offer something...
"I can't cure you, but I can at least ensure you will not suffer any longer from your hunger...if your willing to listen to my offer...", as Dust materialize a deep-sea mana seed...and offer it to the cursed human.
"This will make curing you harder..but won't make it impossible..and in the meantime..allow you to go periods of time without a need to feast...in the end though..its your choice.."
Dust offers to the cursed, though by then, the Cursed human has already cusped his hands around it..and nods..accepting a way out..for its pain..even if the road to recovery is longer..just so long as the pain now is stifled.
Dust leaves, happy he found someone he could talk to, about the darker side of the eldritch, and possibly a source of info on the dark arts. As while he leaves, sounds of transformation can be heard..followed by a smooth, almost squeaky laugh from the sewers, similar to a ratkin.~

-Dust found the Cursed human once more in the sewers.
-Through some unknown deal, they became good friends o>.
-Dust even gave his new friend a gift to help him feel better.~
I was a bit curious and a bit hesitant since the initial meeting was so forced but I stamped it anyway since it worked out in the end.

Rewards:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated

> > >
Guarding the Entrance [GH0601]
Objectives:
  • Guard the entrance to the dwarven city.
  • Sound the alarm in the event of an attack.
  • Defend the entrance.
The hydra's minions attack swiftly and without warning.
This isn't a cushy job where you can just relax and take a snooze.
We need you to be vigilant. This is a siege.
An assault on the city can come at any moment.
Rewards:
> > >
I wasn’t sure how long I was out between the last job and now. Apparently it was enough that it got us kicked out of the inn we were staying at for not paying. I thought Iris already knew how to pay them from before but it seems she wasn’t keeping tabs. Oh well atleast she manage to pay off the stables. Zio was just comfortable idling by in his spot, although he did take up most of the space. A bed wasn’t really necessary for us since we can just stockpile the hay and form a pseudo bed with, but it is really itchy when we sleep and wake up from it. I suppose this is fine since it would save us the money, well I think its saying us because feeding Zio costs more than the rent for the stable. The armor wasn’t badly damaged by the rock mites, only greaves suffered some damage.

Anyways I had to take up another otherwise we would be in the red instead of black. I picked up a job that is hopefully less dangerous than the mines. That is just hopeful thinking on my part though. As stated by the job we were to guard the entrance to the city and sound the alarm for any attacks from the hydras minions. We had Zio come along to the job since it’s better than him lazing around in the stables. Other guards were nervous and perplexed of his existence; I guess the boundary of him being a monster was either being wild or tamed.

We took our positions and strangely enough, Iris has been clinging onto me more often than not recently; like she’s afraid that she’ll lose something. I can only gently pat her on the head in reassurance and hope for the best. Zio is sitting upright light a dignified dog while fiercely staring out into the woods. Other guards would sometime glance towards his glare, only to avert their line of sight in nervousness.

Although I am staring out towards the woods, my mind is filled with a myriad of concerns. The dream that I had, it was weird. If it was a dream then I shouldn’t remember it clearly or not even but all. That’s the problem though..... I remember it vividly as if I was there. Who was that figure? What was the gift that I supposedly have? What sort of fate was it even talking about? Who was ‘she’ was it referring to?

The only one I could think of is… Iris?

If she is the one referred to then what sort of fate was she destined to if I never met her. Two out of the countless fates she has were good ones and the current now is one of them, what is the other one then? So many questions question with no answers. I can barely think straight.

“Reival ok? Does Reival need more rest?”

Lost in my thoughts, Iris pulled me back to reality as she clung to armor.

“Ahh.. sorry Iris I was just thinking of some stuff.”

I couldn’t really tell her was I was thinking about, not until I’ve figured things out. Just why am I doing this? What really is the point?

With a bit of rustle between the trees, Zio stood in alert and started growling at the source. This got all of us on alert and readied our stances. In between the shadows of the trees, I can vaguely see a red reflection. Slowly it got out of the shadow, slowly revealing the leg, then the body, and then finally the whole figure. Soon after more poured of the darkness and what we all saw was a group serpentine monster with snake heads and lower body but the torso resembled something humanoid.

“A– Alert! Monsters are here!!”

With the sound of the bell, the humanoid snaked charged towards us. They all spewed poison from their mouths, poisoning all those that somehow manage to absorb the dangerous substance.

“Zio protect Iris! Iris go create some walls to block off the spewed poison!”

I ordered as such and they both followed through. Zio started emitting sparks from his fur while translucent crystal walls were erected between us and the monster. The soldiers were surprised by sudden wall but quickly recovered when they noticed it was from us.

It seems poison isn’t the only thing at the monster’s sleeves. They all held spears and were trying to bash it against the wall. They all barely nicked it and were getting impatient. A bigger snake monster comes forward and started spewing a darker purple liquid onto the crystal wall. Apparently it had a slight corrosive effect since the wall was slowly being melted away. I could have Iris erect more barriers but that would strain her mana supply and who knows when the monsters will attack again if they give up. Looks like we’ll have to slay them in the end.

“Well the wall comes down; I want you two to focus on protecting yourselves ok?”

With a nod from Iris and a fierce look from Zio it was settled. One of the walls couldn’t the strain and fell to the floor. That was the signal for all of us to attack. We all charged towards the monster, as did the monsters to us.

A battle took place infront of the entrance of Gelderholm. I blocked of most of the spear jabs with my shield, all those that went through slightly nicked parts of my armor. I always maintained my distance as to not let any pass me and towards to Iris.

Iris did her best to pierce all monster with her icicles, it seems the monsters scales weren’t too tough as they were somewhat easily pierced. Zio would pummel the snakes with it claws, sometimes rendering some in half with sheer force. He would occasionally rotate around us to make sure we weren’t in peril.

Poison was always being spewed towards us but I manage to block them all of with my tower shield. Iris froze it into solid, giving a purple hue of ice. Zio wasn’t poisoned but some of his fur was dyed with it. I’m gonna have to try and clean it off when were done.

The battle took less than an hour but we managed to fend the remaining few off. A victorious shout hung in the air and we all resumed our positions. The rest of the duty was uneventful and we all returned back into the city. I had Iris clean Zio up whilst I reported the situation to the guild.

Gonna need to find a way to get rid of these poison fluid on my armor after all this.

Greetings to you Guild

On our task of securing the entrance of the city, monster of snake origin attacked the gates. The alarm was rung and all guards at the entrance along with us held our ground to fend of the assault. Most of the monsters have been subdued whilst the rest have scurried away back into the forest.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

Evaluation Report

OOC: I wanted to put more detail into the battle story but it's way past midnight when I was writing this so I'm really tired and lazy to write any more for the day. (Disregard in the future)

Last edited:

Leegood

Quest - Evaluation Needed

> > >
Guarding the Entrance [GH0601]
Objectives:
  • Guard the entrance to the dwarven city.
  • Sound the alarm in the event of an attack.
  • Defend the entrance.
The hydra's minions attack swiftly and without warning.
This isn't a cushy job where you can just relax and take a snooze.
We need you to be vigilant. This is a siege.
An assault on the city can come at any moment.
Rewards:
> > >
I wasn’t sure how long I was out between the last job and now. Apparently it was enough that it got us kicked out of the inn we were staying at for not paying. I thought Iris already knew how to pay them from before but it seems she wasn’t keeping tabs. Oh well atleast she manage to pay off the stables. Zio was just comfortable idling by in his spot, although he did take up most of the space. A bed wasn’t really necessary for us since we can just stockpile the hay and form a pseudo bed with, but it is really itchy when we sleep and wake up from it. I suppose this is fine since it would save us the money, well I think its saying us because feeding Zio costs more than the rent for the stable. The armor wasn’t badly damaged by the rock mites, only greaves suffered some damage.

Anyways I had to take up another otherwise we would be in the red instead of black. I picked up a job that is hopefully less dangerous than the mines. That is just hopeful thinking on my part though. As stated by the job we were to guard the entrance to the city and sound the alarm for any attacks from the hydras minions. We had Zio come along to the job since it’s better than him lazing around in the stables. Other guards were nervous and perplexed of his existence; I guess the boundary of him being a monster was either being wild or tamed.

We took our positions and strangely enough, Iris has been clinging onto me more often than not recently; like she’s afraid that she’ll lose something. I can only gently pat her on the head in reassurance and hope for the best. Zio is sitting upright light a dignified dog while fiercely staring out into the woods. Other guards would sometime glance towards his glare, only to avert their line of sight in nervousness.

Although I am staring out towards the woods, my mind is filled with a myriad of concerns. The dream that I had, it was weird. If it was a dream then I shouldn’t remember it clearly or not even but all. That’s the problem though..... I remember it vividly as if I was there. Who was that figure? What was the gift that I supposedly have? What sort of fate was it even talking about? Who was ‘she’ was it referring to?

The only one I could think of is… Iris?

If she is the one referred to then what sort of fate was she destined to if I never met her. Two out of the countless fates she has were good ones and the current now is one of them, what is the other one then? So many questions question with no answers. I can barely think straight.

“Reival ok? Does Reival need more rest?”

Lost in my thoughts, Iris pulled me back to reality as she clung to armor.

“Ahh.. sorry Iris I was just thinking of some stuff.”

I couldn’t really tell her was I was thinking about, not until I’ve figured things out. Just why am I doing this? What really is the point?

With a bit of rustle between the trees, Zio stood in alert and started growling at the source. This got all of us on alert and readied our stances. In between the shadows of the trees, I can vaguely see a red reflection. Slowly it got out of the shadow, slowly revealing the leg, then the body, and then finally the whole figure. Soon after more poured of the darkness and what we all saw was a group serpentine monster with snake heads and lower body but the torso resembled something humanoid.

“A– Alert! Monsters are here!!”

With the sound of the bell, the humanoid snaked charged towards us. They all spewed poison from their mouths, poisoning all those that somehow manage to absorb the dangerous substance.

“Zio protect Iris! Iris go create some walls to block off the spewed poison!”

I ordered as such and they both followed through. Zio started emitting sparks from his fur while translucent crystal walls were erected between us and the monster. The soldiers were surprised by sudden wall but quickly recovered when they noticed it was from us.

It seems poison isn’t the only thing at the monster’s sleeves. They all held spears and were trying to bash it against the wall. They all barely nicked it and were getting impatient. A bigger snake monster comes forward and started spewing a darker purple liquid onto the crystal wall. Apparently it had a slight corrosive effect since the wall was slowly being melted away. I could have Iris erect more barriers but that would strain her mana supply and who knows when the monsters will attack again if they give up. Looks like we’ll have to slay them in the end.

“Well the wall comes down; I want you two to focus on protecting yourselves ok?”

With a nod from Iris and a fierce look from Zio it was settled. One of the walls couldn’t the strain and fell to the floor. That was the signal for all of us to attack. We all charged towards the monster, as did the monsters to us.

A battle took place infront of the entrance of Gelderholm. I blocked of most of the spear jabs with my shield, all those that went through slightly nicked parts of my armor. I always maintained my distance as to not let any pass me and towards to Iris.

Iris did her best to pierce all monster with her icicles, it seems the monsters scales weren’t too tough as they were somewhat easily pierced. Zio would pummel the snakes with it claws, sometimes rendering some in half with sheer force. He would occasionally rotate around us to make sure we weren’t in peril.

Poison was always being spewed towards us but I manage to block them all of with my tower shield. Iris froze it into solid, giving a purple hue of ice. Zio wasn’t poisoned but some of his fur was dyed with it. I’m gonna have to try and clean it off when were done.

The battle took less than an hour but we managed to fend the remaining few off. A victorious shout hung in the air and we all resumed our positions. The rest of the duty was uneventful and we all returned back into the city. I had Iris clean Zio up whilst I reported the situation to the guild.

Gonna need to find a way to get rid of these poison fluid on my armor after all this.

Greetings to you Guild

On our task of securing the entrance of the city, monster of snake origin attacked the gates. The alarm was rung and all guards at the entrance along with us held our ground to fend of the assault. Most of the monsters have been subdued whilst the rest have scurried away back into the forest.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

OOC: I wanted to put more detail into the battle story but it's way past midnight when I was writing this so I'm really tired and lazy to write any more for the day. (Disregard in the future)
"Make sure to clean that gunk off okay? Here's the reward."
Rewards:

Nivateth

> > >
Healing Herbs [SC0102]
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
> > >
Vilatherael walks into the guild with leaves in her hair, she puts 5 small sacks of healing herbs on the desk along with the report. her armor disappears in a flash of blue light along with her bow and arrows after she sets down the stuff for the quest "it should all be there, but knowing what i'm good at there's probably some normal grass mixed in there."
the one thing i can say for certain im decent at is fighting monsters, hell i dont even think im good at writing these reports, so basically i went into the library to ensure that i didnt accidentally go to the wrong area, found a decent picture of what i'm looking for, and blinked around the forest while looking for the herb. sadly, until later in the day i didnt find any because i was blinking around the tops of trees and its quite difficult to tell what grass is what from the trees. so i went to the ground, before leaving the city i bought a dagger so i could cut the grass apart from the roots so that they could grow back later. cutting grasses is such a pain from what i can tell it should all mostly be healing herb. sorry if there's any normal grass.

Last edited: