Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Obscura_Luna

Cooking Rations
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 items
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
**DONE/FILED**
Cooking. It was not his favorite job to do. Rather than getting cooped up inside a small kitchen, he rather works outside, letting his arrow hit their prey, providing for said kitchen. But the more he thinks about it, it was dawning on him that being able to cook, and not to mention able to use the Guild’s Kitchen, is a very valuable thing to do to prolong his life, and also to prevent his money bag getting lighter too fast just for his provision.

The moment he entered the kitchen, he was faced with a very angry man. While he was taller than him, the humble hunter felt rather small compared to the angry person. A bit worried that he would get thrown out, he quickly pulled out the job paper from his bag. The angry man, which was one of the cooks there, read the paper and then looked at him with a frown on his face. The first instruction he received from the angry cook was to put down his bag, weapons, and then washed his hand thoroughly. It seems that the main problem was how dirty his hands were, something that really caught him off-guard. Due to his usual job on the field, he never realized how important taking care of hygiene. After all, being too clean on the hunting ground would just make him stand out like a sore thumb.

Finished with his first task, he then received the recipe sheet from the angry cook, which looked at him and gave him a satisfied nod after he cleaned himself out. The ingredients were plenty and he could take all he needs for the task. Assigned to one of the cooking spots, he then started his job. Kneading the wheat flour into a big dough. Sure enough, it was tiring for him. Even for him, that was able to pull the heavy string of his bow, it was still tiring. Once again, the humble hunter was reminded how a cook was not someone that should be underestimated. After kneading them, he shaped each of them, just like the recipe said so, before putting them into the hot oven. While waiting, he continued to make some more and then repeat the process all over again.

At the end of the day, the one that was tasked to appraise his work was none other than the angry cook from before. The cook, faced with a basket of cooked biscuits, let out a deep sigh, which made the hunter worried. He then took two baskets, one of them much smaller than the other. With a swift movement, the cook picked each of the biscuits, appraised them, and then throw them into one of the two baskets. With his keen eyes, Michuema realized that one basket was filled with the evenly cooked piece while the others were filled with either burnt or half-cooked biscuits. And to his horror, the majority of his work ended up in the rejected basket. The last piece of biscuits was picked up by the cook and then he snapped it in half. “See,” he said to the hunter, “this part is cooked, but this, “ he showed him the other half, “is not cooked enough. Not cooked biscuit will only spoil faster, ya hear me?” The hunter could only nod several times. “Good, eat this one,” he said as he put forward the half-cooked one. “it’s not that bad, but ya need to at least taste the failed one once. And what do you know, you almost didn’t make it. Nicely cooked, yet oddly shaped biscuits, 41 of them. Ya need to do better next time, kid,” said the cook at him. “Y-Yes, sir,” replied Michueama at him. The cook nodded and then brought the two baskets to the back of the kitchen, leaving him by himself. As he bit the uncooked biscuit, he let out a sour face. “Blergh…soggy,” he said to himself as he picked up his gears and returned to report his task.

Last edited:

Obscura_Luna

Charity Work
Objectives:
  • Visit a local temple or orphanage.
  • Collect donations, food, and medical supplies from civilians.
  • Volunteer your time to help the needy.
Living in a frontier city has its tough moments.
Scribel City has high numbers of orphans and disabled veterans,
and the places that support them are overcrowded.
There simply isn't enough government money to help them all.
Will you step in to lend a hand?
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
**DONE/FILED**
Each job will give you a reward. That’s what the Guild promises them. But for some reason, there’s a few jobs that will not give any reward. Such work was charity work. After browsing the job board, he noticed that this particular job is anything but popular, evident from the frayed edge of it. He was about to ignore it, just like most of them, but for some reason, the word ‘Orphanage’ kept him from moving away. In the end, he took it while slightly grumbling.

The moment he arrived at the orphanage, he couldn’t help but noticed that it was greatly understaffed. The staff there looked worn out, which was understandable. The building looked worn out too, which was also understandable. It breaks his heart to see that they, who share his fate as a fellow orphan, did not share his luck in finding a warm house, even if that warm house was just a small shack filled with the smell of animal carcasses and forest herbs.

With firm steps, he then entered the place, approached the nearest worn-out staff, and quickly ask what he could do to help them. It seems that there are a lot of things that needs to be done. He picked two tasks for today, which was chopping firewood and also fixing the windows. They have the material, but not enough hand to do it since they also need to collect some donation or else they will not have anything to eat. Gritting his teeth when hearing that last reason, he vowed to do more for them in the future.

Fixing the windows was easy, as expected. His only complaint was that the board they got was anything but new. Used up and slightly damp board that was probably donated to them by someone in the middle of their donation round. Inside his mind, he guaranteed that the next time he comes back to the orphanage, the board will probably break and he will need to fix it again. That thought made him let out a sigh.

Then the next job would be to prepare some firewood. He then walked to the back yard and found a small chopping block with a pile of dried branches and some logs. The humble hunter picked up the log and inspect it and let out a slight sigh again. “…not dried enough,” he said to himself as he put down the log and then picked another more appropriate log. The work was easy enough for him. But one thing that caught his attention was the sight of a few kids peeking at him from behind the window as he was working. They quickly hid themselves as he looked at them. Seeing them like that, he let out a small chuckle. “..I guess I was like them back then…” After whispering that line to himself, he finished the job and then report to the caretaker. As he exited the fence, he looked back at the orphanage and then somehow he waved to it, not sure whether someone was there or not. “…I’ll need to drop by more often…” And then he left the place to report his job.

Last edited:

Obscura_Luna

Repairing Damage
Objectives:
  • Visit your boss in the engineering department.
  • Spend a day repairing damaged structures.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
With all the monster attacks and bad weather we get every week...
It's surprising that the city hasn't fallen down yet.
The engineering department gets work orders from all over the Scribel Region.
Pothole in the sewers? Goblins burned downed your barn?
Rock slide on the road? If it's broken, we come fix it!
Rewards:
**DONE/FILED**
Before he said anything to the man in charge, he was quickly pushed out with a paper in hand and an instruction that was given in a hurry. He wanted to turn back and ask again but he was quickly shouted at to get to the site in question in a hurry. To his surprise, the site was none other than the city wall. It was a familiar site that he was half-pleased to get back to the place. But he was also half-worried what would be the damage he needed to repair.

Much to his pleasure, it was none other than damage by some unknown monster. The wall was hit by a blunt weapon or something, probably a club or hammer. But judging from the damage, it was crudely made weapon. It was still worrying, but he needed to do his job regardless of that. He quickly fetched the material to fix the wall. The only good thing was that the damage was quite minor, something an amateur like him can help to fix with some of the other people tasked to fix it.

As he fixed it, he noticed some small footprints near the area. It was far bigger compared to a child’s feet, but smaller than an adult’s feet. Worried about it, he then called out to the foreman at the end of his job and suggested them to put some simple trap there, like some sharpened stakes that will at least injured or slow them down. The foreman, a bit unsure of his idea, asked him whether he was experienced in making such trap. He nodded and then he received some leftover woods and let him make and put them on the freshly fixed portion of the wall. It took him no longer than a few hours to finished the job and then reported back to the foreman. The foreman nodded at him, happy at his job, and hoped that the addition of the trap will help reduce such incidents. Inside the hunter’s mind, he doubts that. They will probably find another way and the only way to reduce the attack is just to find their nest and maybe cull their number, but he refrained from saying that. The higher-ups probably have thought of that already.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
Healing Herbs
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >
Report for Quest: Healing Herbs
Sponsor
: Adventurer's guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: Since I did these both at around the same time, I figured I may as well turn them both in at the same time.
I exited the city today to collect healing herbs. I desired them for three reasons; one, because I wanted them for my potions. Two, I wanted them for this quest. Three, because I need to give some herbs to an alchemist when serving as their assistant. As such, I went, I found, I collected. I have a book on herbs and searching for the right locations that they grow in was not difficult. I collected 10 small sacks, and five of them I will be keeping for myself. I also managed to find a couple different herbs that were useful in poisons, so that was another lucky find. I was glad not to have encountered any trouble on this venture.
Quest Items: 5 pouches of healing herbs
Appraised and Approved by: Konaha

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Still feeling like I should take things easy for now, I decided to go over the reports... It seems like this one was left alone even though others were already appraised, so I decided to look it over.
> > >
Goblin Subjugation
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Exterminate stray goblins.
  • Collect 3 pairs of goblin ears.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Report large goblin tribes/clans to the guild.
    • Do not pick fights you cannot handle.
Goblins are one of the weakest monsters.
However, they can be extremely dangerous in numbers.
They have been known to kill travelers and overconfident adventurers.
Do not underestimate the goblins. They are a deadly threat.
It is ill-advised to taken on more than a few at once.
Rewards:
> > >

"Goblin, little goblin, huh." Kail muttered silently as he stalked 5 goblins as they chasing around their prey.

It has been an hour after Kail accepted the quest and wandered around inside the North Forest. At first, he wanted to bash the goblin with his fist but decided against it as it would be messy and alerted other goblins in the vicinities. So, he simply stalked and waited for opportunities.

One of the goblin branch off from its group and Kail took his opportunity. He appeared behind the poor goblin and used his mana-strengthen hands to snap its neck like a twig. 'Uhuhuhu one down, two more to go.' Kail didn't collect the goblin ears and continued stalking the wandering goblins.

*thwack* *kyahaha*

'From that sound, I suspected they have subdued the wild boar. It is time to act.'

From the bushes opening, Kail saw two exhausted goblins cheering over the carcass. The other two goblins were nowhere to be found.

As they started to butcher the boar, a bright light engulfed their viewed, temporarily blind them. A dull sound of bone snapping was heard. The second blind goblin tried to run away from the unknown assailant but it was too late. It was kicked on the back on his head caused it to fly to the nearest tree and broke its skull in the process.

'This is quite messy than I expected.'

*garr gii* *gii gaa* an incomprehensible yelling was echoing on the other side of the bushes.

'The other 2 are coming here, huh.' Kail picked up the ragged spear and slowly circulated mana inside it causing the spear to vibrate loudly.

With a quick movement, he stabbed the first goblin directly at its heart. The second goblin didn't have the time to gasp before it being pummeled by its former comrade body.

After a few seconds of senseless pummeling, Kail collected 3 pairs of goblin ears. He also butchered the wild boar and gathered its valuable parts.

Kail looked at the messy battlefield and pondered to himself. 'This world is affecting me in a weird way.' He threw the thought to the back of his mind and merrily return to the Guild.
I wonder why it was left behind? Maybe the other receptionists just forgot...

"I'm glad things went smoothly, mister Kali.

"I don't have much more to say, keep doing things safely like you did just now and you'll probably grow well in this profession.

"May the gods keep enlightening your path."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 150
Money: 10G

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way~

Last edited:

AliceShiki

> > >

Customer Service Department
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
> > >

Zorion entered the guild and delivered his report, a lot of his bandages are now gone it won't be long when he can take on more dangerous quests again.

Dear Guild Staff,

DISHONOURABLE! How very dishonourable! Where did these adventurers' sense of right and wrong go? Their guild registration was rejected because they lied on their applications! What is "Level 10 world ender Calamity Enchantment"?! What is "infinite shadow clone techniques"!? They are level 1!!! What class is [World breaker]? What is [OverGod]? What are those?!?! They just look like common folk!

By all that is holy!

Sorry.

I seem to have written my report with too much passion. Regardless, when the adventurers were asked to demonstrate their abilities, some feigned an injury or an upset stomach. Those that did not pretend to be sick ended up filling n their registration form properly. It'd be important to note that the adventurers that did not wish to redo their forms promised to return with their "World ender" spells ready or with things equally powerful. I hope you find my performance satisfactory, I remain.

At your service,
Zorion Orti
"I have to wonder why some people can't be truthful in their registrations... It's not like we wouldn't know their powers are fake when they started taking quests after all.

"You did a good job rejecting those, mister Zorion. Hopefully the gods might teach them some humbleness that will help them get through life.

"May the gods help in your recovery."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 80

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way~

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Adsall limped into the guild, with two crutches. Handed in the request to the receptionist, and slowly limped out.

Riding with stride and with a glint in his eye, Adsall passed through the city gates.
"Finally I'll be able to mine.", He thought to himself while grinning like an idiot.
He had prepared a lot for this quest. He had bought himself a new strapped leather bag full of mining provisions (45 G) which he could wear on his side. He even rented a bay coloured horse for 55G. It's name was Maximus and even-though it wasn't that fast, it was very smart.

Eventually, Adsall reached his target destination. The rock formation. However; it appears that there was no quarry, this was probably because the guild's efforts were more focused towards the bridge quest. It didn't really matter anyways. Adsall rode around noting the nearby scenery:
'Tree, Tree, Bush, Shrub.' until he noticed a cave opening. Adsall tied his horse to a tree and wandered in, armed with his hammer and an oil lamp.

As he crept deeper into the cave, Adsall noticed that this part of the cave had glowing crystals forming on the wall. He decided to take some with him. Continuing his exploration, Adsall went in deeper. When he was about to turn the corner, he stopped himself. There were monsters fighting. Peeking out, Adsall could see a badly injured mole like creature clashing its claws with... a grey slime? Despite the mole having sharp claws, it couldn't seem to damage the slime. 'Wait... aren't slimes able to evolve themselves by eating, and judging by its colour... A rock slime?', Adsall hypothesised. If that was so... Adsall had to be careful. A slime charging to attack you to one thing, but a mini boulder charging at you? He'd probably be severely injured or die. He could run, but he needed ores. Like his dad used to say "Those who risk, reap the rewards". While Adsall pondered in thought, the rock slime charged at the mole with a loud THUD and knocked it into the wall killing it. It then slowly approached the corpse and began dissolving it. During which it's grey colour began to fade to light gray. The slime core was now visible. Seeing his opportunity, Adsall armed with his pick charged and struck the slime. The slime then began to lose form and melt. Adsall took the slime core and compared it to another slime core he had in his bag. They were slightly different as this slime core had a slight grey tinge. Adsall pocketed both cores. He then looked at the mole corpse. The thing that caught his eyes were it's claws, they were as big as daggers. They were harder than iron. Realising that he didn't have a knife, Adsall attempted to use his pickaxe to cut of the moles claws. He was semi-successful as he managed to get 2 pristine claws. Due to the fact that there was nothing left to loot, Adsell ventured deeper. Until... He came across the ore vein that he oh-so longed for. He set his oil lamp down and began mining. There was enough to fill three fourths of his side bag. Adsall turned to leave he spotted something that gave a purple shine. It was a purple crystal which was attatched to a small silver ore vein. "Lucky! I found Amethyst and Silver!" After harvesting both of them and filling both his bags Adsall went to leave the cave. However, he was stopped by a grey slime in front of the mouth of the cave. When the slime saw him, It turned gray and charged at him. Adsall reflexively dodged, but the slime still hit his right leg causing him to drop his oil lamp. His right leg nearly broke. Using the pickaxe as a walking stick, Adsall quickly limped his way towards his horse. He quickly untied it and mounted it, but not before the slime charged at him another time, hitting his pickaxe's wooden handle and breaking it. Reaching into his pouch/side bag, he found some healing herbs and begun chewing them.

On arrival, Adsall was put into the medical bay. A healer was called and managed to heal his right leg, however due to the extent of the damage a cast has been put on his right leg.

Attatched to this request was a < Rock Slime Core >, and a < Mole Claw >.

Items Gained: <Iron Ore> x 15, <Silver Ore> x 5, < Amethyst > x 1, < Mole Claw > x 1
"So it seems there are stronger variants of slimes out there? Those that you've met were closer to what I was used to in my home world... It would be worrisome if there were some that were as dangerous as the ones I know of.

"You did a good job exploring, mister Adsall, but I beg of you to be more careful in the future." *Nene's eyes turned black for a second, but she then suddenly shook her head, and then they were back to their usual color* "The gods would not be pleased if you were to lose the life they gave you because you overestimated your capabilities.

"Next time you wish to go mining, please take someone with you that can protect you while you're distracted with the ores. This time you were lucky that the slime only appeared near the entrance, but next time you might not be so lucky.

"May the gods protect you now and forevermore."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 100
Money: 30G

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way.
Also, please try using a bit more spacing, the giant paragraph was hard to read.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
> > >
Report for Quest: Slime Cores
Sponsor

Method of completion: After my short excursion getting herbs, I decided to search around for some slime cores. I needed them to qualify for the Alchemist's Assistant quest, and I really wanted access to the alchemist guild's equipment.
So, I searched the sewers for a time and managed to find quite a few slimes. My old method of killing them involved using a pair of tongs and a bottle and I would try to use them to pull the slime core out of the slime. It wasn't the most efficient and would often end up with me missing the core and having to try again. It was also fairly risky. Now, I knew some water magic and had a different strategy.
Slimes are resistant to water magic trying to manipulate their body. As such, I decided not to do that. Instead, I continually dumped more water into them until they swelled enough for me to pop with my dagger. I would then grab the core out of their remains. Using this method, I collected 15 cores. I am also completely exhausted. I'm not used to spending that much mana on anything. I'll have to be more careful from now on.
With this report, I will also be turning in the ten required slime cores. The other 5 will be used to qualify for the Alchemist's Assistant quest.
Quest Items: 10 Slime cores
Appraised and Approved by: Konaha

Last edited:

AliceShiki

> > >

Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
Rewards:
> > >

Salutations.

Today, I went to the sewer once again, in order to catch myself some slime cores. I prepared a mask to attenuate the stench of the sewers.

It was raining for a little bit. But since I don't have a raincoat, I could only hope I did not catch a cold. As it was, I went into the sewer from the entrance in the market district.

The current was actually a little bit higher. At this point, I planned to postpone my hunt at the sewer, but since I didn't know any other habitat for those slimes, I steeled myself and marched into their lair.

I found some wandering slime, which thankfully was isolated from their groups. The first three was easily dispatched with my punch, but the fourth was actually a challenge for me. The slime's body was more acidic than what I could bear, so I had to pull off a pipe from a nearby wall and use that as a blunt weapon. Its body was easily resistant to blunt weapon damage though. So at that point I use the pointy part of the pipe since the first pipe broke from the wall with a sharp tip (else I would take another pipe). To think that it was that effective compared to using my punch, I thought I would take this pipe for my slime hunting from now on.

The next six slime was subjugated without any incident. It was just when I was going back, the sewer current water level actually rose without me realizing. as it was, I was almost swept away because of one slippery terrain. Thankfully, I could return safely.

So, quest completed and ten slime core submitted.

From Reis.
"I'm glad you found a more efficient way of handling slimes, miss Reis, but please be careful with how you attack them... It would do you no good if your fists started melting due to excessive contact with slimes.

"And please pay more attention to the currents, those moments of carelessness are exactly what kills most adventurers. I'd hate to attend your funeral when you're still this young.

"May the gods look over you and protect you during your travels."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way.

Feathers95

Asteria Village Relay Station
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Get stationed near Asteria Village for one month.
  • Care for the horses in the stables.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
The Adventurer's Guild maintains an outpost near Asteria Village in the west.
The outpost serves as a relay station for any regional activity in the rural area.
Please keep horses fresh at all times in case of emergency.
Use your best judgement to aid locals and travelers.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
Quest Report (7)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 2 (245/600)
Quest: Asteria Village Relay Station
Evaluation:
  • Was stationed at the outpost close to Asteria for a month
  • Primarily took care of the mounts and animals in the stables
With his left arm finally regrown, Zombo immediately returned to the guildhall to look for more quests. As someone who loves new sights, when he saw this quest Zombo immediately signed up for it. Although Asteria was only a few days away, and that it was said to just be a humble little village, it was still a place he hadn't been to before. He didn't exactly have anything to pack, so he just started walking over after his application. Along the way, he met old Hugh again, who gave him a bit of raw meat for him to eat on his way there. The walk was relaxing and since he was partially a tree, it was easy enough to just plant himself in the ground and sleep standing up. The only thing he had to worry about was creatures that hunted using scent, like the dire wolf from earlier. But fortunately, he didn't encounter a single one on his way to the outpost, only a couple of rats and small rabbits that he hunted and ate to satiate his hunger.

When he reached the relay station, he was surprised at how organized it was compared to the city guild back at Scribel. There were clear schedules, regularly updated notes on supplies and all sorts of information available to passing travellers. It was quite pleasing to the eye, and helped Zombo quickly settle into his new time here at the relay station. Perhaps since he looked like a tree, the animals weren't really afraid of him, hence he was assigned many different jobs in the stables, although he enjoyed doing paperwork more.

After the others stationed at the guild got used to his appearance, they began chatting and interacting with him more, allowing him to sincerely feel at peace here. But after going around Asteria, and exploring the surrounding area, he slowly began feeling a bit mundane once more. It was lovely here, it really was. But this wasn't all that he wanted in his new life here. He had an explorer's heart, the things he wanted to see far expanded beyond this little countryside region. And for that, he had to become far stronger. Half-way through his time at the outpost, he began training his shapeshifting and nature magic during his breaks, often trying to shift his arms into something other than a spear or learning how to do more than just curl and grab stuff with his weak vines.

Before he knew it, it was time to leave. After warmly waving his fellow outpost guards goodbye, he returned to Scribel to continue his life as an adventurer.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Forest Blight
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Forest Ranger
  • Search the forest for Blight.
  • Exterminate a Blighted area.
  • Do not burn down the whole forest.
Forest Blights are awakened plants that have been tainted by evil.
They are infectious, meaning a diseased plant will spread to healthy forest.
While not weak individually, wandering through a small forest of Blight can be dangerous.
You'd never know when the tree stump you're standing on suddenly tries to kill you.
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
Quest Report (23)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 6 (3415/4200)
Quest:
Evaluation:
  • Located a vast expanse of Forest Blight near the inner region of the forest
  • Burnt the plants in its perimeter to stem its growth
Donned in her usual adventuring attire, Felicia calmly made her way through the familiar northern forests she has called home for so long. The only time she had ever seen a Forest Blight, was ages ago, way back when she was a much weaker adventurer. Of course, she had reported it to the authorities back then, so she naturally assumed that the Blight had been taken care of long ago.

Unfortunately, she was wrong.

As she made her way towards the inner regions of the forest, wanting to just double-check that the Blight from back then was gone, she suddenly came across a vast expanse of corrupted flora. The amount of land covered by the dark plants was terrifying, not to mention the plants that were already tainted but did not show any outward signs yet. Just as a viciously spiked vine whipped towards her from behind, she retaliated swiftly with her blade, immediately detaching it from the tree it came from. She paid no heed to the vine wiggling around on the ground as it perished and instead immediately retreated a significant distance from the area.

Why did this happen? Did the adventurer dispatched to kill the Blight back then not ensure that it was fully taken care of? Although annoyed at whoever's careless mistake this was, she had to deal with this temporarily before it got worse. If they left it for too long, who knows if there'll even be any healthy forest left standing.

Since she couldn't be sure of which part of the forest was tainted and which wasn't, she decided to clear a significant amount of the woodland close to the dark, fully tainted area. Closing her eyes and pressing her palms together, she concentrated heavily to draw out the mana deep within her. It had been a long time since she had used a spell of this magnitude, hence she could only hope that she wasn't too rusty.

Slowly, a wall of fire materialized before her which circled the perimeter of the blighted area, burning all the plants that could already be tainted by darkness. Completely out of breath from the large scale deforestation, she called the leftover flames back into her body to replenish a little of her strength. She prayed that this would be enough to stem the taint's growth for now, since only ashes remained beside the tainted plants, and tiredly made her way back to Scribel.

Last edited:
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:

[APPRAISED!!]

Name: Akasha
Level: 1
Class: Brawler
Quest name: Night watch

I try doing the night watch quest just for the experience of doing so.

Not that I'm boosting myself or anything... But I'm kind of pro in regards of being awake at night time. I mean back on earth I'm pretty much a nocturnal myself~

Sun is setting the city guard started to change shift. Guards on night duty go to their respective station& positioned for look out duty.

A was stationed near the Guard office the easiest location since... I'm a newbie.

"Hmmm this isn't looking good, not only its a moonless sky tonight.. seems like it will rain soon this is going to be hard.... GUARDS! FOCUS! AND BE ON ALERT THIS WILL BE A "TOTAL BLACK NIGHT!!!"

The Guard Captain loudly shouted, as he deducted the difficult of todays night watch will be dangerous.

I asked the nearby soldier what is the meaning of the term the captain just said. Seems like the "Total Black Night" is a terms they use when all odd happen at the same time in the night watch duty, where not only there is no moonlight present, a heavy rain also add up which makes thing even worse. As they cannot use torches to patrol outside due to rain & strong wind. The soldier also said to me "Total black Night" is regarded a bad omen & it rarely happens.

I see, no wonder the atmosphere here became heavy & more tense. I can feel the nervousness from each of the guard near me...

8:30 of the night...it started to rain.

Since there is a magic clock crafted by a "Astrologian" a rare variant type Class of the Great Wizard class. We can keep track of the flow of time accurately.

A guard is running toward the Guard Captain.
*Whisper**whisper*

"......fcking shit! out of all time!! Fck!!"

after the messenger guard whisper something to the Captain ears, he became even more agitated.

"....everyone listen! according to the report just now, a Adventurer on the night duty who have a sense type skill felt something is lurking nearby outside the walls.... & If your head is not full of goddamn flowers! You should know that no normal human can go outside & fcking hide in those tall grass field full of slimes, outside within this intense fcking heavy Rainfall!!!"

*Gulp*... Everyone swallowed.

" EVERYONE BE PREPARE A MONSTER IS NEARBY!!!.....tsk.. this timing I really wish its just a fcking coincidence... Or else we might get ourself a unique variant.. goddamn it"

Apparently.. Unique Variant is a strong monster who also possess a human intellect level of comprehension, Its very dangerous.

11:50 oclock

the heavy rain outside became even more intense as strong wind started to blow the Outpost & the guard station. To the point its impossible to step outside & torch patrol is near impossible at this point.

1:00 o'clock

The alert warning signal from a different location echo. But due to the rain its not that audible

Then a roaring sound came somewhere everyone is startled. I few minute past & guard came running to us.

"Goblins!! Goblins!! I group of Goblin lead by a 2 Orcs is spotted!!!"

The wounded guard said so, before he collapse due to exhaustion.
I immediately went towards the unconscious guard & use "Buddha's path "hand of cleansing" to detoxify if just in case there's is any poison in him since Goblin arrows is known for its nasty poison. They sprinkle potion on the guard to heal it wound.

" Thankfully it's not a Unique Variant one, But even so a group of goblin lead by a orc is not a good news either... Rather than waiting to get attacked, we will attack those monster first!"

I want to question the sanity of the Captain , but I just simply rise my hand & ask a question.

"Why? Its heavy raining outside the visibility is bad, torch is also no good isn't it much better to wait in here and ambush them if ever they go here?" I said so while faking my calmness

The guard captain looks at me grabs my collar lifting me up & he said.

"Are you a fcking idiot? Stay here? While those fcking freaks use the night & heavy rain as a cover to bypass us & enter the city to fcking kidnapped little girls or woman to make them their seedbed?....Are, You, Fcking, Kidding ME!!!!???" He said so as he throws me away crashing on wooden box of supplies.

"Group up form a attack squad, prapare to murder those asshole mobs!" All the people in the room gather since there are only few guard anyway.

I realized the fault in my thinking & felt a huge amount of shame on myself... Perhaps being in a other world does not seek on me yet.. I'm only been in here less than a week after all...i felt hate on myself on just how slothful I can be.

As they form a assault squad, I stand up & join the group.

"What the fck are you doing" the Captain glare at me.

" The scent of a woman is a useful bait" I said so with a burning determination as I gaze at the Captain.

The captain went wide eye & smile And said "very well your in. Just make sure you won't get yourself became their seedbed that would be fck up"

We sent out in the heavy rain.

2:43 o'clock

my "Mind eye" skill proven to be very useful in this situation as despite the bad visibility it can perceive motions around us without actually me seeing it with my own eyes.

"Monster found in the left!" I shout soon after that crudely made arrows came flying at us. But because of my warning & the wind direction it was easily dealt with. The Guard manage to slaughter all of the Goblin & 1 orcs

"There supposed to be 2 orcs in their group.. where the fck it is" the captain question

then a huge Ice blast appear out of nowhere hitting us!

"Fck a Goblin shaman! Everyone be ready!!"

" Help me!! Pls save me" a voice of a little girl. Then I saw one of the remaining Orc is carrying a crying little girl.

"They have a hostage!" One of the soldier said so.

the Orc is about to run away while the Goblin shaman is about to release another spell.

everything as if became slow motion as panic broke out on the battle, My mind felt clear & ferocious feeling of exhilaration arouse within me..... I know what I have to do.

the Goblin Shaman release another Ice blast I quickly intercept it standing infront of the spell.

"Fcking idiot dodge it!! Leave me!" the Soldier behind me said so as she resign to her death...but I did not do it for her.

I held out My left hand in front of the magic attack and Absorb it in my hand specifically in my left hand gauntlet. Taking the pure energy of the spell making it vanish in tin air.

now that my Gauntlet is fully loaded I release the very same spell the Goblin Shaman use on the running Orc targeting its feet but much stronger as it freeze the feet of the Orc for a moment.

the Captain did not let this opportunity slip.

" attack that Orc! Before it recover get the kid fast!!" All soldier move as one, they all reach the Orc stabbing it from all direction.

The Goblin shaman is about to use another spell as a cover & run away.

"I already expect it...Fool -"

I move infront of the Goblin Shaman after I shoot down the Orc.

directly grabbing the crystal ball of its wand with my left hand.

quickly absording the Mana in it with my Gauntlet.

I kicked its Neither region with all my might! Making the Goblin Shaman foam bubble in its mouth.

then I use "Asura's path: Demonic claws" with all the remaining energy in my Gauntlet & slash the Goblins throat with all my might splashing a large amount of blood in me.

"Not enough...again" I said.

Its still alive of course I'm just a level one after all. but since its incapacitated... I once again slash its Throat over & over again Until I decapitated it.

6:00 am

Finally done~ I'll just make I report & quickly want to get some rest...and a bath pls.

Signed: Akasha

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Grave Digger
Objectives:
  • Go to the local cemetery.
  • Dig graves and assist with burials.
  • Stop vandalism and grave robbery.
  • Prevent the undead from spawning.
Many adventurers are killed in action every year.
It is important to ensure that there is a surplus of graves and tombstones.
Without a proper burial, undead may be attracted to the area.
The cemetery must be closely monistored for undead activity.
Rewards:
Report - Solet' Luna
Death is a natural phenomenon, and also one of the mysteries great sorcerers sought to find the solution to. What comes after death? Are there any living things that could overcome death? With only a little bit of thoughts, the answer seemed to be the Undying, or simply the so-called undead.

That's is the reason why I decided to accept this quest. Aside from it, there is also the unconfirmed facts about the graveyard dirt, that it could be used to repel the pixies/faeries. I must thank Miss Viscious for her discovery. Two birds in one stone, as the old saying goes.

Tonight was very quiet, as the location of the graveyard was somewhat isolated. Understandable, nobody wanted to live with corpses, at least no ordinary minds. Adding to the fact that it was a new moon, the entire area, aside from some dimly-lit lanterns and candles, was completely engulfed in the thick fog and darkness.

I was very unlucky, as there was not a single soul in sight. It seemed like today was a celebration day for the routine grave keepers and guards. Everyone, except me, was out in the city, maybe in a bar, getting high and drunk while talking about life and dreams.

While I was patrolling the area, I spotted many gold coins, laying around the gravestones in the inner part of the graveyard. There was no adventure guild symbol on it, the gold coin was 100% pure gold and was as flawless as any material could be. Feeling curious, I followed the coins and walked in the general vicinity of the area.

Now, as I went in deeper and deeper, more extravagant objects began to appear. From the pure gold coins, gems and diamond-headed staffs began to emerge, followed by necklaces, and emerald rings. The gravestones, however, reduced in numbers and appeared less and less. If not for my foreboding sense of dread, I would have already tried to pick one up from the ground. Thankfully, the holy magic of Solet had an intense reaction when I came close to them.

After most of the worldly wealth showed themselves before me, I looked forward, and once I saw that the fog had obstructed my vision from seeing the path, I decided that this was the furthest I would go. Something was telling me that I was not prepared. What awaited me ahead would not be anything I could manage.

The sky was still dark, and the stillness of the graveyard was unbroken. The small yard had seemingly extended in size, for I had walked for almost an hour, but still could not see the end of it. Any more step taken forward would be unwise. For the first time since I came to this world, I had tasted the fear of silence.

As I sensed a gaze laid upon my body, I slowly turned around and walked back the way I came from. Just as I took a step backwards, the silence of the yard was disrupted by a soft yet hoarse laugh. With only one lantern on me, I threw it at the fog behind me and ran as fast as I could, before the fog in front of me engulfed my vision. For a split second, I had no idea where I was, and before I knew it, I was already back at the entrance of the graveyard.

The sun was coming up, and the fog slowly dissipated into nothingness. In the end, I stood at the entrance of the graveyard for the whole hour. Only when the mist had thoroughly disappeared did I walk back into it, trying to find the same location I had left my lantern. Strangely, the gold coins and other impossible wealth seemed to have disappeared, as well as my lantern.

The night was too peaceful, without anything besides me. Maybe everything was just my imagination, and I accidentally lost my lantern... I could only hope so.
"This is a... Troubling report, mister Solet. It certainly requires more investigation.

"I believe this counts as a satisfactory job as you did everything within your power to keep the graveyard safe and provided us with valuable information. It is certainly much more appreciated than if you had jumped into the heart of the fog unprepared and lost your life in the process.

"May the gods remind you to keep valuing your safety first and foremost."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 75

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

'Meimei! wake up!'

It was that strange voice again. That voice that was with her since she arrived in this new land nagged her to wake up, even if she just want to sleep.

'Meimei! wake up! look, the gate is open! it is our chance to enter!'

Why did that voice want to enter that city that much? That city must be full of those humans. She was different than them. She was superior than those humans. After all, some of those other cats she met has human slaves that serve them food and scratch them where it itches, and she was better than them.

'Meimei! come on! Let's go there!'

Will the nagging ever stop?

'Look! There is no one paying attention to this direction! Let's enter!'

That was it. She'll enter the stone castle of that humankind if it would stop that voice from nagging her and let her sleep. No self respecting cat doesn't have their cat nap, and she was already behind schedule with all the journey to here!

-------------

"Hey, mike. Look at that."

"Isn't that just one of those big cat? must be someone's pet wandering here. Though I wonder how did it came outside."

"It looks like it'll go inside. What if it is a monster?"

"It looks docile though. Well... let me take my spear first."

-------------

She could hear everything they said. If it was not for her nagging, she wouldn't even touch this place. It was better to hunt for the food in the forest rather than going here.

'Whaaat? How come they thought that Meimei is a monster? They had the nerve to call someone like meimei a monster?!'

Huh. But she was a monster though. something like dig... monster? what?

Her head hurt really bad. It must be that memories things that that voice said. If it always hurted like this, she would rather not try to remember at all.

'Wait, meimei! They are coming here!'

Can that voice be calmer? She was trying to nurse her head here!

-----------------

"Hello, little kitty. Where did you came from? Where are your owner?" one of the man said. He put his hand on top of her head.

'Quick, meimei! say 'meow'!'

Troublesome. Why did she have to pretend like those lesser ones? If she was compared to them, it would be like comparing an empress to a common peasant. Why wouldn't she understand that! She has her pride too! Yeah, human, scratch that part more. a little bit lower. Right, that was the right spot. Look, strange voice. That human was useful, unlike you.

'Meimei! just this once! please!'

Okay. Just this once. No more would she pretend like those commoner.

"Meow."

"Huh... it is really docile, see. Hey, charlie! look at its soft fur! I wonder who left this cat outside?"

She is no one's possession! She is hers!

"hmm... Is it not really a monster though? Its pupils are rather strange. And those appendages too." The other man said.

"Maybe it is. If it is, I'm thinking of taming it though. It'll be a good present for my daughter." he replied.

"If you say so. Let's go back. It's chilly."

------------

'Adventurer guild. Are we sent to another world, meimei? Is this the so-called 'isekai'?'

Adventurer guild? could she eat that? she was feeling peckish right then. Right, one blob of something was moving there. could she eat that? When would that man stop carrying her? She wanted to try eating that!

"Michael, my pal! what brings you here? It's been a long time since you visit." A rotund man jovially said.

"Well... Jacques. I want to register this one as a tamed monster."

"Ooh. I see... I see. Myna, my dear. Can you prepare form C54 for my friend here?"

"Sure, boss. Here it is."

"Thank you, Myna. So, Michael. Here is the form for taming, on the room next door, we'll do a physiology check for this one. And after that, you return to Myna here to ask for your tamer license. If you want to prepare for a combat tamer license, you can ask Myna too."

'Mm... we are in adventurer guild, meimei! we should totally become an adventurer!'

"
Okay little kitty, can you be a dear and stay there? It won't take long, I promise."

At last, that man unhandled her. It was time to pursue that blob.

'Meimei! Let's register as adventurer! we could hunt as many of those slimes as possible if we are an adventurer!'

Slimes?

'Those blob thingie. I bet they are called slime! it is totally a common staple in the isekai!'

Why would she need to be an adventurer to do that though. If she was going to hunt, why would she need to get to be this adventurer?

'Meimei, if I am right, then it is kind of a pass to hunt. You know a pass right?'

Of course she knew. It is how someone could get an access to a new domain. She was one of those that have the access to the Kernel, the deepest domain of ******* *****. She did know everything that is happening in the world before.

Her head hurt again.

'Meimei... Are you alright?'

The pain has lessened a little bit. She could think more clearly then.

'Meimei... sorry...'

She forgave the voice. It was not the voice's mistake at all.

'So... Meimei, do you want to be an adventurer?'

If that was what was needed to hunt those, she'd do it.

'Okay. What you need to do is to go outside, and then look for the receptionist and ask for the receptionist for how to be an adventurer. I heard one before.'

The human the voice called receptionist, which one was it?

'I'll point her out to you.'

-------------

'Meimei... can you speak human language?'

Of course she could. How else she understood the voice's language? She understood every language known to mankind. She, the was once the angel of mysteries. Why couldn't she, when she once held the Knowledge?

'I see... I thought you can't. It would be easier if we talked to the guard before then. Come on. It is that girl wearing blue clothes.'

"
Huh... is this one someone's pet? How did it go here? I should bring it to the taming center." The receptionist said.

'Say that you want to register as adventurer, Meimei.'

"Register..."

"Oh... You can speak? Do your tamer want to register as an adventurer?"

She nodded. It would be a bother to correct this girl's misconception.

"Oh... I see. Then, is he waiting at the taming center?"

She nodded once again.

"Okay. So you need to bring these form to him. Do you have any pen?"

She shook her head.

"Okay, you can submit the registration request at the taming center too, as both his tamer license and adventurer registration would be duplicated and sent to the relevant department, including us. You understand so far? Anyway, here is the form, and this is the pen."

Accepting the pen and the form, she began to fill the request.

"Huh, you are back here? Nevermind, I can process the request." The receptionist said.

"Oh... so your tamer is called Meiko, and one of the celestial races? I see. Form checked, and everything is right. I don't claim to understand the celestial language, but ask your tamer to translate this 'cat' to our language, okay? I could write tamer as a placeholder for the job, and later he/she can change it."

Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
Rewards:

Quest Report:

'Now that we are an adventurer, let's hunt! Take some quest related to slime on that quest board, Meimei.'

At long last she could taste those blobs. Her mouth saliva already started to increase due to the anticipation.

'Sewer huh. We saw one before outside of this building. So let's shelve the sewer idea for later.'

She agreed. Why would she want to play in the filth at all. It was better to stay clean as befitting her station.

'First thing first, the basics of adventure. We have to get a bestiary. Well, for now I'll note anything like a the slime's weakness, spawn location, et cetera. But we totally should have our bestiary.'

A slime sighted in front of her. she prepared her claw and attack it.

"X Scratch!" She called the attack name. Her claw instantly pierced its body from both sides and its body crumbled.

The slime was apparently too weak, that she lost the appetite to taste it. Her chosen child had given her Jelly before, and she thought that the body of the slime was like a jelly. It was apparently not.

'Meimei, take that core. It's our proof of subjugation!'

Core? that little ball? Why did she need to bring it?

'If what those isekai novel told me, those things will be our proof. If we do more quest, we have a larger access. And if this world is one with the status screen things, the more we hunt, the stronger we will be. Eh... Try to say 'status', meimei.'

"status."

'Okay, nothing happened. Do this world have level?'

From then on, she decided to ignore the voice for a while, while it was rambling about fantasy world and isekai things. She took a bite on one of the core. It was strange, a mixture of sour and acidic taste filled her tongue. Since it was bad, she stopped eating that.

Her hunt continued around the city. She felt that the behavior of those slimes was similar to something green. They prefer filthy places, even if their appearance was cuter than the green thing in her mind. Were they a failed evolution?

She finished her hunt when ten core has been gathered (even if one was half eaten). The voice told her to submit these cores to the receptionist once again, therefore she went to the adventurer guild and submit these.
"Nicely done, miss Meiko. Your efforts are much appreciated.

"Slimes are not food though, they might melt your insides if you try to eat them, so please be careful.

"May the gods help you recover your memories and reduce your headaches."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way please~

SpearOfLies

QUEST REPORT [FILED]

> > >
Repairing Damage
Objectives:
  • Visit your boss in the engineering department.
  • Spend a day repairing damaged structures.
With all the monster attacks and bad weather we get every week...
It's surprising that the city hasn't fallen down yet.
The engineering department gets work orders from all over the Scribel Region.
Pothole in the sewers? Goblins burned downed your barn?
Rock slide on the road? If it's broken, we come fix it!
Rewards:
> > >
The boss in the engineering department just gave a piece of paper to Sol before going to somewhere else immediately. It seems an incident happen to one of the main roads outside of the city and required his attention. Sol didn't complain too much and simply checked the locations on the paper before took the materials he needs for the repairs.

The first place to repair was the roof of a building that was damaged by the bad weather. Sol didn't have any idea about how to repair a city house. The only repair he did was the wooden house in the mountain where he slept with his master. Luckily all he needed was changing a few wooden planks.

The second place to repair was a fence near one of the main entrances of the city. Someone or something broke it pretty badly. He needed to change a lot of wooden plants and repaint it. It took quite an amount of time.

It was already evening when he finished. When he returned to the engineering department, the boss was waiting for him. He asked him if he was interested to join the engineering department. Sol politely refused. He couldn't accept after 7 years of training in the mountain. Before he left, he managed to hear the boss grumbling about his lack of manpower while rations' job got so many people. Sol decided it was better to forget what he just heard.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Giant Rat Subjugation
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel City Sewers.
  • Dispose of the corpses.
  • Collect 20 giant rat tails.
The Scribel City Sewers are notorious for being invested with various critters.
Overgrown giant rats are a concern because they can spread disease.
While not too dangerous, they are agile and difficult to catch.
Rewards:
Report - Solet' Luna
After experimenting with the Heart of the Death, as I called it, I was eager to test the potions I got as one of the results from testing its nature. I called them Decomposition Potions.

Inside the sewers, I let Solet take over as he had been practising with his hammer for a while now. Although my body was not that physically strong for a paladin, the Elemental aspect of mine helped mended the gap between the strong paladin and the female paladin. With some practice on his end, coupled with his past experience, Solet quickly got used to my body.

Wielding his hammer, he quickly defeated a group of giant rats without any problem. Although the smell of the garbage and waste was exceptionally bad, I had purchased some masks just in case, and they proved to be very useful. Just only one fight, Solet had already gotten 7 tails.

This was where I tested my potion. With just one potion, the black liquid could quickly decompose all of the corpses in mere minutes. If not for my fear of it dissolving the floor of the sewer, I would not end the experiment by adding in my special potions to counteract the reaction. From my test, I discovered that the decomposition could be resisted by sufficient life force. So, any attempts to use them as an offensive mean failed without any progress.

Just as we almost completed our quest, the last group of the giant rats approached, with one of them acting strange. The rat had a big tumour on its back, subtly pulsating as if it was about to burst open. Solet quickly tried to dispose of them. However, compared to the other rats, this one was a lot faster and more violent than the ordinary giant rats. In the end, it successfully landed a bite on my arm before going down under Solet's hammer.

I quickly tried to purify my wound with the healing potion and the purification potion. However, the greenish substance continued to rot my flesh. As a desperate measure, I was forced to cut that part of my flesh with a heated dagger. It was extra painful, but compared to an unknown disease, it was a better choice. I promptly used my Decomposition Potion to dispose of the corpses before rushing out of the sewer.

Luckily, I was able to put some of the greenish liquid into my container, which I will be running some experiment with it. Hopefully, the disease would not develop into an epidemic.

Gathered: 23 Giant Rat Tails
"You keep getting yourself involved into trouble quest after quest, aren't you, miss Luna?

"Hopefully this rat you have defeated was the only one with this kind of disease... And I'm sorry to hear about this part of your arm.

"May the gods protect you, for you certainly seem to need it."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 100

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised in some way~

Last edited:

AliceShiki

I was surprised by how many reports were available today, I had already went through quite a few, yet the pile was showing no signs of ending...

I was starting to get a bit tired, but... I wasn't in any condition of doing a quest right now, so perhaps it was for the best that there was plenty of work to do. Let's see what else we have in store...
Quest Report (22)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 6 (3415/4200)
Quest: Escort Duty
Evaluation:
  • Escorted a merchant caravan safely to Asteria
Similar to last time, Felicia's duty was to help escort a bunch of civilians. But this time, the scale was much larger and would last much longer, since she would have to escort the merchants and their caravans alongside quite a few other adventurers and guards. Since their destination was Asteria, the whole trip should take around three days. To be honest, Felicia felt she was becoming kind of lax. Since she was mainly doing the lower levelled quests to gain experience and unlock more challenging missions, she hadn't felt a true sense of danger and exhilaration in a while. Hopefully, she'd soon be able to rectify this.

After chatting a little with the other guards, it was time to set off. The main goods being transported this time was grains and other foods, meaning that they could get attacked by virtually anything. Hungry birds, hungry bandits, hungry thieves... hence Felicia decided to keep a close eye on the people monitoring the supplies in case anything 'mysteriously' went missing. The trip through the farmlands was peaceful, leading her to simply admire the scenery as they marched on by. Felicia had never actually been to Asteria, hence she was kind of looking forward to seeing the peaceful little village.

On the way there, after passing through the endless farmlands, the caravan was attacked by a flock of giant birds. She had seen these creatures flying around before, being distinctly red in colour with bright feathers, but had never actually fought one. Although their talons were sharp, they weren't that fast and didn't have good defences, so after firing a few spells as her comrades shot their bows, the birds were defeated. Felicia was a little disappointed, which frightened her a little. She had no idea since when she enjoyed battling so much...

Anyway, after that small ordeal, everyone arrived at Asteria safely. As described in earlier reports, the village wasn't that special in itself, but it was still a nice change of scenery from Scribel. After a little wandering around, she returned home with some of the other guards and adventurers, chatting leisurely along the way.
"If I were to give my personal take on it, an uneventful trip is a good trip. I understand you were seeking for some excitement, miss Felicia, but it's better to enjoy those peaceful moments of our lives I believe... For the gods know that they don't last forever, and we should as well.

"And remember to not get careless. You have certainly grown, to the point giant birds do not scare you even, but you still should be sure to take opposing threats seriously... It's when the enemy is underestimated that they have their best opportunity to harm you after all.

"May the gods help you find what you seek, without taking that which they granted you."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 40G

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT

The boss in the engineering department just gave a piece of paper to Sol before going to somewhere else immediately. It seems an incident happen to one of the main roads outside of the city and required his attention. Sol didn't complain too much and simply checked the locations on the paper before took the materials he needs for the repairs.

The first place to repair was the roof of a building that was damaged by the bad weather. Sol didn't have any idea about how to repair a city house. The only repair he did was the wooden house in the mountain where he slept with his master. Luckily all he needed was changing a few wooden planks.

The second place to repair was a fence near one of the main entrances of the city. Someone or something broke it pretty badly. He needed to change a lot of wooden plants and repaint it. It took quite an amount of time.

It was already evening when he finished. When he returned to the engineering department, the boss was waiting for him. He asked him if he was interested to join the engineering department. Sol politely refused. He couldn't accept after 7 years of training in the mountain. Before he left, he managed to hear the boss grumbling about his lack of manpower while rations' job got so many people. Sol decided it was better to forget what he just heard.
Well done, we really do need more people working on repairs.
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (7)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 2 (245/600)
Quest: Asteria Village Relay Station
Evaluation:
  • Was stationed at the outpost close to Asteria for a month
  • Primarily took care of the mounts and animals in the stables
With his left arm finally regrown, Zombo immediately returned to the guildhall to look for more quests. As someone who loves new sights, when he saw this quest Zombo immediately signed up for it. Although Asteria was only a few days away, and that it was said to just be a humble little village, it was still a place he hadn't been to before. He didn't exactly have anything to pack, so he just started walking over after his application. Along the way, he met old Hugh again, who gave him a bit of raw meat for him to eat on his way there. The walk was relaxing and since he was partially a tree, it was easy enough to just plant himself in the ground and sleep standing up. The only thing he had to worry about was creatures that hunted using scent, like the dire wolf from earlier. But fortunately, he didn't encounter a single one on his way to the outpost, only a couple of rats and small rabbits that he hunted and ate to satiate his hunger.

When he reached the relay station, he was surprised at how organized it was compared to the city guild back at Scribel. There were clear schedules, regularly updated notes on supplies and all sorts of information available to passing travellers. It was quite pleasing to the eye, and helped Zombo quickly settle into his new time here at the relay station. Perhaps since he looked like a tree, the animals weren't really afraid of him, hence he was assigned many different jobs in the stables, although he enjoyed doing paperwork more.

After the others stationed at the guild got used to his appearance, they began chatting and interacting with him more, allowing him to sincerely feel at peace here. But after going around Asteria, and exploring the surrounding area, he slowly began feeling a bit mundane once more. It was lovely here, it really was. But this wasn't all that he wanted in his new life here. He had an explorer's heart, the things he wanted to see far expanded beyond this little countryside region. And for that, he had to become far stronger. Half-way through his time at the outpost, he began training his shapeshifting and nature magic during his breaks, often trying to shift his arms into something other than a spear or learning how to do more than just curl and grab stuff with his weak vines.

Before he knew it, it was time to leave. After warmly waving his fellow outpost guards goodbye, he returned to Scribel to continue his life as an adventurer.
I'm glad you had fun on your quest. Here's your reward.
  • Money: 30 G

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Report for Quest: Slime Cores
Sponsor

Method of completion: After my short excursion getting herbs, I decided to search around for some slime cores. I needed them to qualify for the Alchemist's Assistant quest, and I really wanted access to the alchemist guild's equipment.
So, I searched the sewers for a time and managed to find quite a few slimes. My old method of killing them involved using a pair of tongs and a bottle and I would try to use them to pull the slime core out of the slime. It wasn't the most efficient and would often end up with me missing the core and having to try again. It was also fairly risky. Now, I knew some water magic and had a different strategy.
Slimes are resistant to water magic trying to manipulate their body. As such, I decided not to do that. Instead, I continually dumped more water into them until they swelled enough for me to pop with my dagger. I would then grab the core out of their remains. Using this method, I collected 15 cores. I am also completely exhausted. I'm not used to spending that much mana on anything. I'll have to be more careful from now on.
With this report, I will also be turning in the ten required slime cores. The other 5 will be used to qualify for the Alchemist's Assistant quest.
Quest Items: 10 Slime cores
Well done, finding new ways to beat the same enemy is always good.

Last edited: