Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Vanus

> > >
Night Watch
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
I spent time guarding the Scribel city at night after spending my 24 hours protecting the prisoner and it ended and started early in the morning. I don't think I ever really talked about what time it was in that quest report oh well it took a while for me to reset my body and mind to full capacity after the starting of the low power systems. Anyway in the guarding there wasn't anything of importance to note there was only 2 or 3 deer that passed and slime was moving through the field. However something might have slipped through my watch as I was making far less extensive use of my left eye compared to last time so that I wouldn't faint after the quest for this.

Euka

Quest - Evaluated
> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Go to the North Scribel Forest.
  • Collect a cart full of firewood.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing/breaking the cart.
Are you afraid of the forest? Monsters and goblins lurk in its depths.
Yet the city runs on firewood, and somebody needs to go chop trees.
Are you courageous enough to risk the dangers?
Rewards:
> > >
Reival out work.... Iris sad Reival not here...

Owner say firewood get.... owner leave axe.... owner say axe wood...

Iris follow owner.... Iris get wood...

Iris get cart.... Iris go forest.....

Forest..... strange....

Iris get wood.... wood hard.... axe?....

Big wood hard..... small wood soft.... Iris get small wood....

Cart get wood... cart no get wood.......

Iris get cart..... heavy.... owner say get wood.... Iris get wood....

Heavy....

Iris done.... Iris say done guild.....

Reival back?...... Reival no back.....

Iris get wood....

Guild

Iris get wood. Cart get wood. Cart no get wood. Cart heavy. Iris get wood.

Iris

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Silver

I spent time guarding the Scribel city at night after spending my 24 hours protecting the prisoner and it ended and started early in the morning. I don't think I ever really talked about what time it was in that quest report oh well it took a while for me to reset my body and mind to full capacity after the starting of the low power systems. Anyway in the guarding there wasn't anything of importance to note there was only 2 or 3 deer that passed and slime was moving through the field. However something might have slipped through my watch as I was making far less extensive use of my left eye compared to last time so that I wouldn't faint after the quest for this.
Well from your report, it seems you've done your job fairly well. If you can spot a slime sliding across a field. I think you would spot be able anything trying to sneak into the city. Anyway enough of my chatter here's the promised rewards

Final Rewards:

Silver

Quest - Evaluation Needed
> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
Reival our work.... Iris sad Reival not here...

Owner say firewood get.... owner leave axe.... owner say axe wood...

Iris follow owner.... Iris get wood...

Iris get cart.... Iris go forest.....

Forest..... strange....

Iris get wood.... wood hard.... axe?....

Big wood hard..... small wood soft.... Iris get small wood....

Cart get wood... cart no get wood.......

Iris get cart..... heavy.... owner say get wood.... Iris get wood....

Heavy....

Iris done.... Iris say done guild.....

Reival back?...... Reival no back.....

Iris get wood....

Guild

Iris get wood. Cart get wood. Cart no get wood. Cart heavy. Iris get wood.

Iris
Erm well...I got your supervisor's notice that you did the quest. So here's your rewards.

Final Reward:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated

> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
Get wood.... get wood..... Reival say get wood... Iris follow Reival....

Iris get cart..... Iris go forest.....

Big wood hard.... small wood soft..... Iris get small soft wood...

Tired....

Iris get small wood... cart get wood....

Iris get cart..... heavy......

Heavy.....

Tired......

Iris go guild..... Iris say done guild....

Iris home...... Reival back?..... Reival back!

Warm....

"Hey Iris how you been? Wha?! This is new.... What's with the hug?"

"What the?! You get all this firewood? I thought you were only gonna take one wood job."

Reival sad?.... Little wood?.... Iris no good?.... Cold.... Iris sad....

"Ahh well thanks for the wood. You might tired. Let's go eat then we can rest."

Reival no sad?.... Reival happy... Iris happy Reival happy.....

Warm....

Happy.....
Guild

Iris get wood. Cart get wood. Cart no get wood. Cart heavy. Reival back. Iris no get wood.

Iris

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
QUEST REPORT ( APPRAISED )
Be my champion~!
Sponsor: Julrik, Supervisor Leader of AG Offices and Customer Service DepartmentLocation: Scribel City and outskirtsLevel: 5
Objectives
  • Can only defeat one per quest:
    • Defeat David Fralden - a human who loves wielding a bo.
    • Defeat Ku'Jahal - an orc who loves using a poleaxe.
    • Defeat Eugene Sanders - a human wizard who has a penchant for lightning magic.
    • Defeat Jakob Hilljkoff - an elf who is skilled with a bow and arrow.
    • Defeat Boris Tinkler - a human who has some skill with a sword and shield.
    • Defeat Henrik Jueller - an elf who knows a lot of plant-based spells (be careful of poison)
    • Defeat Junji Ishikabe - a human who uses a katana, as well as a bow and arrow
  • (optional) Don't kill them.
  • (optional) Humiliate them.
I like women. I mean, what kind of man doesn't? Right?
Women also really like me. They practically beg me to bed them with their coquettish eyes!
Anyway, it seems some people are jealous of my popularity and have thus sent me seven challenges to duels!
Since I am a man of intellect and the arts, and despise physical conflict, I have decided that I shall hire a champion to take my place!
A word of warning, my dear defender of my handsome self, these men have all achieved E rank...I even gave them their badges myself when they passed...
As such, I will leave this quest open for each challenger.
Best of luck, my beloved champion~! Mwah~!
Rewards
Exp: 300(400)(500)Money: 50G (75G)(100G)

X
Report - Solet' Luna
"You're the so-called, Boris Tinkler, are you not?" Good rewards, and a way to test our limit, I made Solet accepted this quest and confronted Boris, who wielded a sword and a shield, creating a resemblance to the previous Solet who wielded hammer and shield.

"... Your fame preceded you, Miss Luna, the wielder of ice magic." Boris, although looked simple-minded, actually knew some basic knowledge. It seemed that he had been keeping track of the numbers and names of the E-ranked adventurers. He smiled weariedly, knowing that my magic could easily win me this duel and was already preparing to surrender.

"Mister Boris, the Unbreakable Mountain, isn't that your title? Don't worry, this time, I won't use my magic and will only use my hammer and shield. I used to be a Paladin, you see." Taking out his silvery hammer and shield, Solet swang it a few times before letting out a satisfied smile. During my time at the Spire Reef, I also found some good stuff for him.

"... Are you sure, Miss?" Boris' eyes lit up as he positioned himself in his fighting stance. With his shield upfront, the man made himself the centre and arranged everything in a line that directed towards Solet. Well, the battle should be starting at any moment now.

"Called me Solet, the other half of Luna!" As soon as his voice rang, Solet dashed towards Boris and swang his hammer towards the man. Although my body seemed soft and petite, the strength Solet exhibited betrayed that expectation. In just an instant, my figure appeared in front of Boris and pressed down my hammer.

"Solet, let me see your power then!" A battle maniac he was, Boris laughed as he used his shield to block the blow while shooting his sword towards Solet. His body trembled backwards due to the impact, but his sword strangely still reached to Solet, forcing Solet to push his shield up and parried the sword.

After retreating, Boris jumped towards Solet and took the opportunity to control the tempo. He slashed at Solet's hand holding the hammer while trying to force his way in. However, to his surprise, Solet stood ground and blocked with his hammer while pushing his shield at Boris, knocking him away and grazed his face with a light wound. The silver shield, although mainly used as a defence, could be used to surprise the enemy due to its sharp edge.

"God, those brokers are so bad— Why does no one know you are so good at hammer too?!" Softly cursing to himself, Boris could only retreat as he got overwhelmed by the little girl he once feared only because of her magic. Although the hammer blows came in somewhat slow and predictable, their impact caused him to lose his focus and made his hand numb.

The battle continued for a while before Solet saw an opening and pushed his shield to disrupt Boris' movement, forcing him to rebalance himself, only to get smacked by the hammer. His body flew and landed on the ground not far from the point of impact. Boris groaned as he slowly tried to stand up, placing his sword down as he could no longer wield it without his hand trembling.

"Ah— I lost... lost to a pretty lady whose speciality was not even close combat..." Boris laughed at himself and let go of his balance, falling onto the ground while panting and sweating from the battle. He seemed like he wanted to cry but stopped himself from doing so in front of the lady.

"... I'll take that as my win, then?" Solet, seeing the state of his opponent, relaxed his stance before exhaling a sigh of tiredness. Although it seemed like he was at ease, it was his experience and calmness that gained him this victory. Boris was not to be underestimated. Even though he could not win in the exchange against Solet, he only lost with a slight margin of error. If Solet was a little slower and weaker, he might have lost to Boris.

"Yes, yes— Just go and leave me alone for a while." Solet watched as Boris struggled to get up and walked away, swaying from left to right. It seemed that this battle really hurt his pride as an E-ranked adventurer.

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Office Work [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:

After doing herb collecting and slime subjugation yesterday, Vesper decided he wants to do some office work to get familiar with to guild more. Since the guild is hiring workers, Vesper signed up for it. Afterwards, he was told his task for the day.

In the morning, he sorted out files for the previous week's quest reports. Vesper carefully read out in his mind the labels on each folder, then sorted out the different reports into different piles according to their tasks types. Vesper sort out the papers and put them into different folders diligently. By noon, Vesper finally finished sorting out the files and turned it in to the guild. Then he was told to be a receptionist from now until late afternoon.

He put on the guild uniform and switch shift with the current receptionist. Vesper greet everyone that came in with a polite smile and answered whatever question to the best of his abilities. There was only 2 visitors that left any impression.

There was a otherworlder who came to their guild with a confused expression. He clearly didn't know where he is. Vesper told him that is Scribel City and he told find place to live at the tavern. If he needs money, he could join the guild and do guild tasks.

Another one came for his Rank E exam. When late afternoon came, a person came to switch positions with them. Vesper was then given the tasks of reading quest reports. This is a good thing for Vesper since he's a rather new member and these reports came give him some insights on fighting and different mobs. Finally night fell and Vesper finished his duties. He clocked off and went back to the tavern for dinner.

Ice Mage Vesper - Level 2
GenderMaleRaceLuanLevel2 [375/600]
Age19ClassIce ElementalistMoney516 Gold
Appearance

Personality
Vesper is positive and proud youth like most of his kins. He's also rather two faced, showing a positive to people who he just met or hardly knows and shows his friends and family a rather annoyingly arrogant person. He's adaptive and can read situations and knows when to retreat, a useful survival skill.
Backstory
Vesper, a name that means the Evening Star, is born of the Luan Race. A bird race with similarities to the phoenix and born with the innate ability to control ice.

He grew up loving music which he occasionally use to control beasts and puppets with his white jade flute. A form of puppeting from his homeland. As a member of his race, Vesper is exceptional with the ice element.
Skills/Inventory

InventoryDescriptionSkillDescription
Spatial RingA ring with a miniature space use for storageIce ManipulationThe ability to control and manipulate ice to his very imagination
Qi MingQi Ming is the Chinese word for Vesper. It's a long sword with a passive sword spirit inside which hangs a jade tassel.Music PuppetingUsing musical instruments channeled with mana to control beasts and puppets
Frost BowCreated using ice and his own True Blood Essence which contained the purest of ice energyArchery ProficiencyExceptional ability with the bow and arrow
White Jade FluteA long horizontal flute made of white jade which hang a jade tasselDivine SenseAn all purpose soul like part of all human, just some knows it's existence some don't. It can be a spatial storage, the size depend on your mental powers. It can also be used for out of body travels, communicate search your surroundings, and if you have the ability, invade other's minds. (Action not recommended as it can result in fatal injuries if your divine sense is attacked in the progress)
Flying SwordMainly used as an aerial transportation tool, it can be also used to attack enemies in form of flying swords. Attack moves are controlled by user's soul, divine sense, spiritual energy or mana power.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

QUEST REPORT: Appraised
> > >
Dire Wolf Subjugation
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Eliminate dire wolves.
  • Collect 3 dire wolf pelts.
Dire wolves are fearsome creatures known to attack humans.They are larger and more vicious than ordinary wolves.Hunt them to make the forest a safer place. Rewards:
  • Money: 16 G
> > >
With my mind still occupied due to the imperfect results last quest, I choose a quest without the intricacies of human interaction - killing dire wolves. A quest that should prove as simple to complete as it sounds. And as I am not stupid enough to fight a 60kg wolf without giving myself an advantage, I buy 5 yards of rope in the market before I proceed to the northern forest.

Now, while I could try to find the dire wolves, that could simply put me in a bad spot. So I am going to prepare a trap for them. And what better way to bait bloodthirsty creatures than with fresh blood? I use the rope I bought to make 2 simple leg snare traps before searching for an easily climbable tree.

After finding a good spot I prepare the traps and let some of my fake blood, which closely mimics the blood of real humans, drip on the ground, splat a few more droplets around, and climb up the tree. Then I wait, relaxedly leaning onto the tree as I lie on a thick branch. Merely 31 minutes later, a pack of dire wolves approaches, greedily searching for the source of the bloody smell. One isn't careful and ends up caught in my trap, getting dragged up into the air. The rest of the pack scatters, warily eyeing the area before trying to help the caught wolf - but to no avail. After a few minutes of futile struggle they flee.

I jump down from my tree, transmute my bar of iron and wooden stick into a spear, and kill the helpless dire wolf, then take down the trap and skin it. As the smell of the blood of another of their species would drown out the smell of my blood and keep away other dire wolves, I bury the corpse and skin in a shallow hole before going to another location and do the same setup as last time and start waiting again. This time, it is a single dire wolf. I don't even wait for it to fall for the trap and simply jump down on it, driving my spear deep into its back and mounting it. It tries to throw my off while I cling on, stabbing my spear into it again and again until it drops dead. I then proceed to once again skin it and bury the corpse and skin at the same location as the first one before going to the river to clean myself and my clothes from the blood and smell that comes with it.

Once that is done I simply repeat the same process, this time attracting a pack of 4 dire wolves - though it goes very much the same as the first time. With the third dire wolf killed, I skin it, collect the other two pelts, and carry the freshest corpse with me back to the town while leaving the other corpses out as food for whatever is hungry.

On my way back I gift the dire wolf corpse to a butcher and, back at the guild, hand in the 3 pelts as well as my report.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

Quest - Evaluation Needed

> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
Get wood.... get wood..... Reival say get wood... Iris follow Reival....

Iris get cart..... Iris go forest.....

Big wood hard.... small wood soft..... Iris get small soft wood...

Tired....

Iris get small wood... cart get wood....

Iris get cart..... heavy......

Heavy.....

Tired......

Iris go guild..... Iris say done guild....

Iris home...... Reival back?..... Reival back!

Warm....

"Hey Iris how you been? Wha?! This is new.... What's with the hug?"

"What the?! You get all this firewood? I thought you were only gonna take one wood job."

Reival sad?.... Little wood?.... Iris no good?.... Cold.... Iris sad....

"Ahh well thanks for the wood. You might tired. Let's go eat then we can rest."

Reival no sad?.... Reival happy... Iris happy Reival happy.....

Warm....

Happy.....
Guild

Iris get wood. Cart get wood. Cart no get wood. Cart heavy. Reival back. Iris no get wood.

Iris
After spending some time trying to decipher the report, Exal simply looks at the firewood and nods.

"Well, it seems like you successfully completed the quest. However, I'd recommend you take the time to learn the language properly - but that's not my concern. Here is your reward."

Rewards: 75XP, 15G

Quaesitor

QUEST REPORT ( NO YET APPRAISED )

Report - Solet' Luna
"You're the so-called, Boris Tinkler, are you not?" Good rewards, and a way to test our limit, I made Solet accepted this quest and confronted Boris, who wielded a sword and a shield, creating a resemblance to the previous Solet who wielded hammer and shield.

"... Your fame preceded you, Miss Luna, the wielder of ice magic." Boris, although looked simple-minded, actually knew some basic knowledge. It seemed that he had been keeping track of the numbers and names of the E-ranked adventurers. He smiled weariedly, knowing that my magic could easily win me this duel and was already preparing to surrender.

"Mister Boris, the Unbreakable Mountain, isn't that your title? Don't worry, this time, I won't use my magic and will only use my hammer and shield. I used to be a Paladin, you see." Taking out his silvery hammer and shield, Solet swang it a few times before letting out a satisfied smile. During my time at the Spire Reef, I also found some good stuff for him.

"... Are you sure, Miss?" Boris' eyes lit up as he positioned himself in his fighting stance. With his shield upfront, the man made himself the centre and arranged everything in a line that directed towards Solet. Well, the battle should be starting at any moment now.

"Called me Solet, the other half of Luna!" As soon as his voice rang, Solet dashed towards Boris and swang his hammer towards the man. Although my body seemed soft and petite, the strength Solet exhibited betrayed that expectation. In just an instant, my figure appeared in front of Boris and pressed down my hammer.

"Solet, let me see your power then!" A battle maniac he was, Boris laughed as he used his shield to block the blow while shooting his sword towards Solet. His body trembled backwards due to the impact, but his sword strangely still reached to Solet, forcing Solet to push his shield up and parried the sword.

After retreating, Boris jumped towards Solet and took the opportunity to control the tempo. He slashed at Solet's hand holding the hammer while trying to force his way in. However, to his surprise, Solet stood ground and blocked with his hammer while pushing his shield at Boris, knocking him away and grazed his face with a light wound. The silver shield, although mainly used as a defence, could be used to surprise the enemy due to its sharp edge.

"God, those brokers are so bad— Why does no one know you are so good at hammer too?!" Softly cursing to himself, Boris could only retreat as he got overwhelmed by the little girl he once feared only because of her magic. Although the hammer blows came in somewhat slow and predictable, their impact caused him to lose his focus and made his hand numb.

The battle continued for a while before Solet saw an opening and pushed his shield to disrupt Boris' movement, forcing him to rebalance himself, only to get smacked by the hammer. His body flew and landed on the ground not far from the point of impact. Boris groaned as he slowly tried to stand up, placing his sword down as he could no longer wield it without his hand trembling.

"Ah— I lost... lost to a pretty lady whose speciality was not even close combat..." Boris laughed at himself and let go of his balance, falling onto the ground while panting and sweating from the battle. He seemed like he wanted to cry but stopped himself from doing so in front of the lady.

"... I'll take that as my win, then?" Solet, seeing the state of his opponent, relaxed his stance before exhaling a sigh of tiredness. Although it seemed like he was at ease, it was his experience and calmness that gained him this victory. Boris was not to be underestimated. Even though he could not win in the exchange against Solet, he only lost with a slight margin of error. If Solet was a little slower and weaker, he might have lost to Boris.

"Yes, yes— Just go and leave me alone for a while." Solet watched as Boris struggled to get up and walked away, swaying from left to right. It seemed that this battle really hurt his pride as an E-ranked adventurer.
After quickly reading the report, Exal nods.

"It seems to me that you fulfilled all of the requirements. Well done, that's the full reward. You're quite a fighter, aren't you? However, you might want to use faster and less predictable attacks in the future. Speed equals force, so they would still pack quite a punch, and be harder to parry - and I guarantee you that a skilled fighter will easily turn such obvious attacks against you. But enough of that. Here is your reward."

Rewards: 500XP, 100G

Quaesitor

Office Work [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:

After doing herb collecting and slime subjugation yesterday, Vesper decided he wants to do some office work to get familiar with to guild more. Since the guild is hiring workers, Vesper signed up for it. Afterwards, he was told his task for the day.

In the morning, he sorted out files for the previous week's quest reports. Vesper carefully read out in his mind the labels on each folder, then sorted out the different reports into different piles according to their tasks types. Vesper sort out the papers and put them into different folders diligently. By noon, Vesper finally finished sorting out the files and turned it in to the guild. Then he was told to be a receptionist from now until late afternoon.

He put on the guild uniform and switch shift with the current receptionist. Vesper greet everyone that came in with a polite smile and answered whatever question to the best of his abilities. There was only 2 visitors that left any impression.

There was a otherworlder who came to their guild with a confused expression. He clearly didn't know where he is. Vesper told him that is Scribel City and he told find place to live at the tavern. If he needs money, he could join the guild and do guild tasks.

Another one came for his Rank E exam. When late afternoon came, a person came to switch positions with them. Vesper was then given the tasks of reading quest reports. This is a good thing for Vesper since he's a rather new member and these reports came give him some insights on fighting and different mobs. Finally night fell and Vesper finished his duties. He clocked off and went back to the tavern for dinner.

Ice Mage Vesper - Level 2
GenderMaleRaceLuanLevel2 [375/600]
Age19ClassIce ElementalistMoney516 Gold
Appearance

Personality
Vesper is positive and proud youth like most of his kins. He's also rather two faced, showing a positive to people who he just met or hardly knows and shows his friends and family a rather annoyingly arrogant person. He's adaptive and can read situations and knows when to retreat, a useful survival skill.
Backstory
Vesper, a name that means the Evening Star, is born of the Luan Race. A bird race with similarities to the phoenix and born with the innate ability to control ice.

He grew up loving music which he occasionally use to control beasts and puppets with his white jade flute. A form of puppeting from his homeland. As a member of his race, Vesper is exceptional with the ice element.
Skills/Inventory

InventoryDescriptionSkillDescription
Spatial RingA ring with a miniature space use for storageIce ManipulationThe ability to control and manipulate ice to his very imagination
Qi MingQi Ming is the Chinese word for Vesper. It's a long sword with a passive sword spirit inside which hangs a jade tassel.Music PuppetingUsing musical instruments channeled with mana to control beasts and puppets
Frost BowCreated using ice and his own True Blood Essence which contained the purest of ice energyArchery ProficiencyExceptional ability with the bow and arrow
White Jade FluteA long horizontal flute made of white jade which hang a jade tasselDivine SenseAn all purpose soul like part of all human, just some knows it's existence some don't. It can be a spatial storage, the size depend on your mental powers. It can also be used for out of body travels, communicate search your surroundings, and if you have the ability, invade other's minds. (Action not recommended as it can result in fatal injuries if your divine sense is attacked in the progress)
Flying SwordMainly used as an aerial transportation tool, it can be also used to attack enemies in form of flying swords. Attack moves are controlled by user's soul, divine sense, spiritual energy or mana power.
"Simple but diligent work. Well done, that's exactly what is needed in this kind of quest. Here is your reward."

Rewards: 35XP, 10G

InsertName

UNAPPRIASED APPRAISED
Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:

BigGreens Slime Subjugation Report
~~~~Today's slime subjugation was successfully completed, with turning in 10 slime cores. I will also be keeping the extra slime cores I obtained today as well. Most of these slime cores were obtained near the town's sewer entrance again. This is just my hypothesis but, it seems like the large influx of slimes trying to get into the sewer has to do something with the collapsed part of the sewer. ~~~~

Gobo was the first one awake this time. He was cleaning his new sword and shield. I tell Gobo to get ready to head down to have breakfast. Gobo grabs our things for the day and we had down for breakfast. After having our breakfast we head out towards the Adventurer Guild, Gobo was walking quite fast today. It looks like he was still excited about today's Slime Subjugation quest that we were going to do today. We arrive at the Adventurer's Guild and accepted the Slime Subjugation quest. I told Gobo to head towards the Residential Plaza we went too yesterday to start today's quest.

We arrived too the plaza and started our little slime helping stand. We had a few people from the get-go far from yesterday's performance. Look like people were getting a little used to us the duo. Well we start helping the people around the Residential area, mostly with the slime that are stuck around there houses or hard to reach places. Me and Gobo helped 4 people today and acquired 6 Slime Cores. Gobo and I decided to wait at the Residential Plaza until the afternoon, but it seemed like no one else needed help today with slimes. So we left and decided to head towards the spot we found to have lots of slime yesterday, the Sewer Entrance.

"Ok Gobo let's go with our #2 Slime Plan, okay". We arrived at the sewer entrance and prepare for our plan to start eliminating the slimes and acquiring slime cores. Finally a slime appeared, I tell Gobo to wait until it is close to the wall. The slime get's close to the sewer entrance wall and Gobo rushes towards the slime and shield bashes it. It get knocked in the air towards the wall, stunning it for a second. While I bind it with my Light Magic as long as I could, so that Gobo can go for the finishing blow. Gobo strikes quickly at the binded slime and the slime finally falls. We acquired our 7th slime core. I tell Gobo that we were going to stay here until the slime's stop coming, I could use the extra cores for experiments. Gobo and I luckily had no complications while fighting these slimes today. We acquired a total of 9 slime cores from little adventure at the Sewer Entrance. "Okay Gobo that should be enough, lets head back too town".

We walk through the main gates of the town and say our hello's to the local guard. We head towards the Guild, to turn in our quest. While walking inside the Guild, I spot the same alchemist that I gave the Float Fern too. I tell Gobo to walk towards him and I asked if he had any updates on the new type of Herb. He told me their wasn't conclusive finding, but they were still trying to find out. "If your not to busy, would you like to help us research the new herb with us?" the alchemist asked. I politely declined his offer, but I did ask if i would be able to use one of the Guilds alchemy stations in the future for my own experiments. He told me that he didn't have the permission to do that, but their was a rule that those not invited to use the Guild Alchemy Facilities can pay a certain amount of gold or they can supply the guild with a portion of potion that they create so that they can use an alchemy station for the day. I thanked him for his advice and went on my way to turn in our quest for the day.

Me and Gobo headed back to the Tavern for dinner tonight. I usually get a little irritated by the loud commotion of the adventurers, but I guess I have gotten used to them by now. I see Pierre and pay him for todays Room and Board and start to have my dinner with Gobo. After dinner I let Gobo carry me back to our room and get ready for bed. Gobo start's to clean his shield and sword of dried slime. Gobo eventually decides to go to sleep and I sit on the window still looking towards the town. "Hopefully we can find it someday".

x Big Green & Gobo

Today's Inventory
+5 Slime cores

-10g Room and Board

Last edited:

Quaesitor

UNAPPRIASED

BigGreens Slime Subjugation Report
~~~~Today's slime subjugation was successfully completed, with turning in 10 slime cores. I will also be keeping the extra slime cores I obtained today as well. Most of these slime cores were obtained near the town's sewer entrance again. This is just my hypothesis but, it seems like the large influx of slimes trying to get into the sewer has to do something with the collapsed part of the sewer. ~~~~

Gobo was the first one awake this time. He was cleaning his new sword and shield. I tell Gobo to get ready to head down to have breakfast. Gobo grabs our things for the day and we had down for breakfast. After having our breakfast we head out towards the Adventurer Guild, Gobo was walking quite fast today. It looks like he was still excited about today's Slime Subjugation quest that we were going to do today. We arrive at the Adventurer's Guild and accepted the Slime Subjugation quest. I told Gobo to head towards the Residential Plaza we went too yesterday to start today's quest.

We arrived too the plaza and started our little slime helping stand. We had a few people from the get-go far from yesterday's performance. Look like people were getting a little used to us the duo. Well we start helping the people around the Residential area, mostly with the slime that are stuck around there houses or hard to reach places. Me and Gobo helped 4 people today and acquired 6 Slime Cores. Gobo and I decided to wait at the Residential Plaza until the afternoon, but it seemed like no one else needed help today with slimes. So we left and decided to head towards the spot we found to have lots of slime yesterday, the Sewer Entrance.

"Ok Gobo let's go with our #2 Slime Plan, okay". We arrived at the sewer entrance and prepare for our plan to start eliminating the slimes and acquiring slime cores. Finally a slime appeared, I tell Gobo to wait until it is close to the wall. The slime get's close to the sewer entrance wall and Gobo rushes towards the slime and shield bashes it. It get knocked in the air towards the wall, stunning it for a second. While I bind it with my Light Magic as long as I could, so that Gobo can go for the finishing blow. Gobo strikes quickly at the binded slime and the slime finally falls. We acquired our 7th slime core. I tell Gobo that we were going to stay here until the slime's stop coming, I could use the extra cores for experiments. Gobo and I luckily had no complications while fighting these slimes today. We acquired a total of 9 slime cores from little adventure at the Sewer Entrance. "Okay Gobo that should be enough, lets head back too town".

We walk through the main gates of the town and say our hello's to the local guard. We head towards the Guild, to turn in our quest. While walking inside the Guild, I spot the same alchemist that I gave the Float Fern too. I tell Gobo to walk towards him and I asked if he had any updates on the new type of Herb. He told me their wasn't conclusive finding, but they were still trying to find out. "If your not to busy, would you like to help us research the new herb with us?" the alchemist asked. I politely declined his offer, but I did ask if i would be able to use one of the Guilds alchemy stations in the future for my own experiments. He told me that he didn't have the permission to do that, but their was a rule that those not invited to use the Guild Alchemy Facilities can pay a certain amount of gold or they can supply the guild with a portion of potion that they create so that they can use an alchemy station for the day. I thanked him for his advice and went on my way to turn in our quest for the day.

Me and Gobo headed back to the Tavern for dinner tonight. I usually get a little irritated by the loud commotion of the adventurers, but I guess I have gotten used to them by now. I see Pierre and pay him for todays Room and Board and start to have my dinner with Gobo. After dinner I let Gobo carry me back to our room and get ready for bed. Gobo start's to clean his shield and sword of dried slime. Gobo eventually decides to go to sleep and I sit on the window still looking towards the town. "Hopefully we can find it someday".

x Big Green & Gobo

Today's Inventory
+5 Slime cores

-10g Room and Board
"Seems like there were no complications, that's good. You provided a public service and fulfilled the quota without problems. Well done. Here is your reward."

Rewards: 75XP, 10G

Leegood

appraised
It's Time to be a Maid!
Objectives:
  • Spend a day cleaning the Tavern.
  • Help out around the Tavern.
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live?
Since it's owned by the government, the guild will pay for you to work there.
Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...
Rewards:
It seemed the tavern needed some helpers so I decided to help out. Donning a maid uniform I was cleaning tables and clearing away empty tables for a few hours, I'ts good that nothing has happened so far It seemed quite peaceful in fact, if you ignored the groups of people talking loudly and getting drunk with different various moods it was just simply cleaning tables and some dishes.

The past few days I've been studying while working at a moderately wealthy person's house as a housekeeper in exchange for food and board so I should be fine on finances for a bit, need to build up my money though.

Though I wonder why the older girl kept on having me wash her back? she seemed flexible enough though. "Leti don't space out!" I re-focused my eyes and continued cleaning the tables for a few hours, only noticing the passing time when groups of people changed, leaving and entering.

"Thanks for the hard work~ here's the note to give to the receptionist~" a senior maid gave me the slip and hugged me at the same time "be sure to come back~!"

Last edited:

Quaesitor

unappraised

It seemed the tavern needed some helpers so I decided to help out. Donning a maid uniform I was cleaning tables and clearing away empty tables for a few hours, I'ts good that nothing has happened so far It seemed quite peaceful in fact, if you ignored the groups of people talking loudly and getting drunk with different various moods it was just simply cleaning tables and some dishes.

The past few days I've been studying while working at a moderately wealthy person's house as a housekeeper in exchange for food and board so I should be fine on finances for a bit, need to build up my money though.

Though I wonder why the older girl kept on having me wash her back? she seemed flexible enough though. "Leti don't space out!" I re-focused my eyes and continued cleaning the tables for a few hours, only noticing the passing time when groups of people changed, leaving and entering.

"Thanks for the hard work~ here's the note to give to the receptionist~" a senior maid gave me the slip and hugged me at the same time "be sure to come back~!"
"Good, no one caused trouble and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the work you did either. Well done. Hm... try not to get mixed up in anything shady, and try to keep others from taking advantage of you. But that isn't my problem. Here is your reward."

Rewards: 35XP, 10G

QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)

*note: Point of interest or Lore introduced*
*Story Chain: An impossible future - (1) (2) (3)*
> > >

Forest Ranger
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Hunting Mission
  • Serve as a guide for civilians in the forest.
  • Protect civilians from harm.
Many of Scribel's citizens are afraid to enter the forest alone.
It is easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the trails.
As an experienced woodsman, help guide citizens through the woods.
Protect our people from coming to harm.
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >

Zorion sat quietly at the reception, he was covered in blood, not all of it was his.

Quest Summary:
Zorion failed the quest

That morning, he came into the guild looking for a quest.

Haunted by the possibility that his potion induced nightmare was somehow real or would one day become real. Zorion needed information, he needed proof something that could allow him to say one way or another. For that he needed to test the limits of what he learned in his "dream" to see if the knowledge held up or was made up.

Those two years in the "future" Zorion lived relying on his ability to survive in the woods, the things the survivors of Scribel taught him seemed so logical and real, but how real?. For this test, he needed a trial, he needed another mission in the forest of Scribel.

He needed to be a forest ranger...

The Northern forest... Zorion recalled that northern forest of that uncertain future... will 'that thing' be in this world too?

===

The civilians Zorion was escorting were a trio of trappers, they used to be a group of four. Their fourth member was a skilled woodsmanand with his skill in navigatiion the four was able to set traps deeper in the woods.

But a few summers ago, the foursome ran afoul of a bear, the woodsman gave his life so the other three trappers could escape.

Ever since, the three trappers had hired adventurers as escorts. The journey to the traps the three left in the woods were not too far but was not close either, it took the majority of a day to get there from Scribel.

Zorion used his animal tracking skill to great effect; early on in the journey, he spotted tracks of dire wolves. So he asked the trappers to stay put while he investigated. After noting the spaces between paw prints and the trail the pack left behind, Zorion understood the history. He and the trappers did not wander into a dire-wolf hunting ground, instead, tracks were only of a travelling pack of wolves. Thereafter, the foursome moved on.

Another encounter followed later, again Zorion exercised his ability to discern the nature of his surroundings, finding claw marks on the trees, the four was able to avoid a bear's territory, a great black bear that the four saw the shape of, but did not confront.

After arriving at the trapping ground the trappers went to work and less than an hour secured all the animals that were in sacks and nets. Quickly losing daylight the group made camp; there was a small disagreement on whether they should butcher and dress the animal right away. Without a river near the camp, the blood would attract beasts that would most certainly attack at night. The three complained that adventurers before would defend them against the night attacks and it would mean more meat and more leather.

Zorion disagreed. The rising the level of peril was not something he was willing to content with. Ultimately, he, who had the sword, won the argument.

===

While the trappers slept so did the trapped animals. Awake as the first watch, Zorion considered his bearings. He was a little north-west of the slimecreek goblin settlement, about three-quarters of a day's walk from Scribel.

The Northern forest of the “future” was different, for one thing, it was called the dead zone, it had no other name. The reason for that was the northern forest was contested territory between the southern slime army of Scribel city, and the demons who ruled the north.

The humans hid there because neither side wandered too deep without reason. But at times... there was a reason. Magic. Any magic used meant the attention of all the dangerous creatures of the land. If you use magic in the dead zone, run, run away from where it happened, if you stay... be it slime or demons you are dead.

However, within the dead zone there was a place of reprieve. It was not too far from Zorion's camp at that moment.

He had to know.

If that place does not exist, then the dream was just a dream, demons won't overwhelm the north, slims won't decimate the south, that the golden rose won't turn into fanatical devil cultists.

So halfway into his shift, he checked to make sure around the camp the rattler alarms were secured , then Zorion snuck off into the woods to find the place known as the Spark of Life.

In the “future”, the Spark of life was a place of recovery, it was a single tree in small a circular clearing about ten to twenty meters in diameter. Although it was called a tree, it consisted only of the trunk and a single branch. Suspended from that branch was some kind of light, a ball cage made of vines and between the gaps of the cage once could see a gentle pulse of light, the Spark.

Under the light of the Spark, the survivors of the Scribel often visited, the light energised the weakened and strengthened the strong, and wounds that would have taken months to heal, would be alleviated in a few days.

The spark was a great help to the survivors, but they all used it sparingly since none knew what it truly was. As far as anyone could tell, it was not magic, not mana, Zorion had used it more than once, the sensation was as if life was forced into his body.

===

After a little over a quarter of an hour, Zorion was at the clearing, a circle of tree-lined the edge, too perfect to be natural. Zorion did not recall the tree line being so perfectly round in the future, but nonetheless, the clearing was there.

His heart sank.

It is here, there is a clearing, but…

Hope sprung in his heart, at the centre of the clearing there was no tree, no Spark of life. The clearing was empty.

It wasn’t real… As if to show further vindication the moon peeked out a sliver from the sea of night clouds, the clearing lit up showing true the emptiness within the circle, Zorion exhaled in relief.

As the moon hid once more, something caught the ex-squire’s eye. From where he stood it was a rock... no. a flat stone no, no, not that, something else, it shimmered for a moment.

Not to be caught off guard, Zorion drew his long alloy dagger. And step by step he inched closer and closer. As he approached the true form of the object revealed itself under the faint glow of the shrouded moon.

It was a creature, a little bigger than a wolf, scaly skin with a pair of rainbow-coloured wings. The creature’s form spooled in a spiral at the centre of the clearing.

It was a faerie dragon.

Good, faerie dragons don’t tend to be vicious creatures, mostly pranksters, Zorion relaxed, was prepared to sheath his blade. Dragons are magnificent creatures, he was not a mage, but even so he felt the mana radiating off the winged serpent.

Strangely, the dragon offered a nostalgic feeling, the mana blending into another energy, concentrating... gathering at the tail of the dragon. Zorion saw it then, the tail not a sharp point, but the ball that was oh so reminisce of the Spark.

A chill ran through Zorion.

“Wha’ you up to here, knight, got a bounty all to yourself, hav’ ya?!”a voice

“Yer got something there? Something good?” another voice said

It was too dark to see the owner of the voices, but Zorion knew it was the trappers, they followed him, he had to explain, but first he lit a ball of luminescent light in the air close to the voices to find the trappers’ location.

The light magic revealed the men, one leaning against a tree, other with folded arms.

“Wha’s wrong?” the trapper asked when they saw Zorion’s face, a face of shock, horror, his mouth agape.

It was not the men that shocked him it was the tree line. Zorion saw the, the ring of trees surrounding the clearing, they were not just trees, they were people, trapped, embedded in their trunk!

On the ground, next to Zorion's feet, a spot the size of a saucer suddenly ruptured! A tendril of wood shot put aiming for Zorion’s head! He needed to block and his dagger answered, the impact made him stagger back.

He knew his his foe and turned quickly!

With no time to lose, Zorion advanced and swung his dagger for the dragon's neck, it dodged, he clipped the creature's wing, just barely!

The faerie dragon now made distance between them, it hissed and jabbed its tail into the ground, again tendril launched from the beneath his feet! Letting his reflex be the judge, Zorion moved and stepped like he was dancing as the earth fissured spikes of wood or root hungry for his life. He swayed quickly to avoid each attack. One spike wood missed its mark, another avoided, a third met his dagger.

I can’t win this, his breathing laboured, his concentration pushed to the limit. I need to run, but...

It was then, he rushed the dragon, with all the energy he could muster he dashed for his prey. The dragon reacted too slow, the wood like tendril burst from the ground, but was only in the wake of Zorion charge.With one hand on the dagger and the other cradling the pommel, Zorion hoped to bury the blade into the dragon's body!

Four tendril shot from the ground and seal the path to victory, his dagger slammed harmlessly against the wood-like barrier and no force could make it give way,

Shit, Zorion started to burn through his options, plans, he needed…

As soon as strength gave in his arms, the pressure on the dagger waned, the wood spikes retracted in a flash.

But Zorion was not without recourse, with a deft hand he grabbed the ink-pot from his belt and hurled its contents at the dragon.
The black substance lashed across the fae serpent's face. Without waiting, he took out [The Black Witch's Potion] and down the liquid without hesitation. The sensation wa a burning deep within his chest! Then it stopped, nothing changed, he felt his body was diffrernt but nothing of note, only his money pouch was suddenly empty.

With no other choice, Zorion turn heel and fled. His calf muscles burned as he ran towards the trappers, the trio were standing perplexed by the situation, and had simply been watched this whole time.

‘RUN!!’ A word of light flashed before the trio, shocking the three into attention.

A tendril shot from the ground just behind Zorion’s heel. He dared not look to see the state of the dragon, he only keep running towards the trappers.

Two of the men started to turn, the third was still as a rock. Zorion closed in, he hoped to grab the man by the scuff, drag him along if it needed be. But his reach was too late. The ground parted and a tendrill impaled the man, the blood splashed upon Zorion, marking him for the choices he made. Another spike shot up grazing the flesh of Zorion’s chest and splitting his leather armour.

The trapper died a most aberrant death, he struggled and clawed at the spike that impaled him only to weaken and struggled no more. Standing with life ebbing away from his body.

Zorion knew that the trapper would one day too be a mummified corpse, standing a silent vigil in the forest drained of life.

Zorion did not dally, one step in front of the other he steeled himself from the sight. The spike still launched from the ground but it was no longer as fierce, sluggish even, but he brushed aside the thought and simply kept moving.

One scream and then another, just as Zorion caught up with the other trappers so did the dragon. A tendril slashed Zorion’s arm as he ran past the other two trappers, they too had become standing corpses in the forest.

Till dawn Zorion ran, he did not know when the dragon stopped chasing him, perhaps it had stopped after the trappers, perhaps not, but he did not care to find out, nor did he look back to see.

When he tired he dragged his feet, when he stumbled and fell he pulled himself up, he kept marching until he was in Scribel once more

OOC: [The Black Witch's Approval (Potion)] RNG Result:
OOC: All money deducted due to Severe debt side effect
Secondary RNG: Randomizer
Race Change
Triton
Attributes added:
  • Slightly stronger and more hardy
  • good at learning air and water magic
  • good at swimming
  • slight resistance to cold
  • communicate simple ideas to aquatic beasts, one way understanding
  • Amphibious

Dnd Reference:
Triton Features
• Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Constitution, and Charisma scores each increase by 1.
• Age. Tritons reach maturity around age 15 and can live up to 200 years.
• Alignment. Tritons tend toward lawful good. As guardians of the darkest reaches of the sea, their culture pushes them toward order and benevolence.
• Size. Tritons are slightly shorter than humans, averaging about 5 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
• Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet, and you have a swimming speed of 30 feet.
• Amphibious. You can breathe air and water.
• Control Air and Water. A child of the sea, you can call on the magic of elemental air and water. You can cast Fog Cloud with this trait. Starting at 3rd level, you can cast Gust of Wind with it, and starting at 5th level, you can also cast Wall of Water with it. Once you cast a spell with this trait, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
• Emissary of the Sea. Aquatic beasts have an extraordinary affinity with your people. You can communicate simple ideas with beasts that can breathe water. They can understand the meaning of your words, though you have no special ability to understand them in return.
• Guardians of the Depths. Adapted to even the most extreme ocean depths, you have resistance to cold damage, and you ignore any of the drawbacks caused by a deep, underwater environment.
• Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Primordial.

OOC: well that's unexpected.... took awhile to write my way out of that mess... really hoped for a buff I could have worked with... even a simple one strength? speed? come on RNG!!!

Last edited:

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
> Appraised
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
"That was a quiet night, nothing really happened."
Commenting on his job, Manyvat Adruo handed his report to the nearbiest receptionist.
Taking the job of Night Watch may have seemed unfitting for Manyvat Adruo, considering his previous profession. However, as the Scribel Guard was present. He assumed that if nothing happens during the night, they would speak to each other and approach mundane topics which-- were important to him. For example, where are the shops? Just speaking with them will provide him with info-

“Hey, didn’t expect to see ya there!”
A voice which he recognised made its apparition. It was Paul, the man who guided him when he realised that he was far from home. A sigh escaped his mouth as the merchant shook his ‘guide’s hand.

“Nice to see you again, so quickly as well…I suppose you’re a guard?”
Replying positively to his question, both Paul and Manyvat shared what happened to both of them since the previous day. Barely anything, nonetheless it was all the topics they could find so far. In any case, while they kept an eye about the surroundings, Paul began asking questions as this time, he knew that Manyvat recollected his composure since he arrived here.

“So, since now it should be fine to ask questions, does anything feel different from your previous world?”
Gritting his teeth, the merchant wondered whether how he should reply. The manner Paul tried to probe into his life was-- odd. Something felt amiss about him overall, perhaps was it because he was the only one who asked when everybody seems to be used to otherworlders? Be it as it may, he just decided not to mind it and simply speak his mind.

“Mmmm, lot of stuff seems to be pretty out of place. First-- how is this city even stable when otherworlders keep coming out of the gates? Then, regarding the technology overalll… it seems less advanced but-- as I said, more stable? For examples, the roads seem to be well-maintained, unlike where I come from, the administration was awful.”
It is true that differences were significant. Such as-- this is only a city-state, it is not a country in a period of civil unrest. His native country was plenty different. If one day the authority is victim of a coup, that would not have been surprising. Whatever that is-- Paul stayed silent and waited for him to keep speaking.

“Suppose that’s about all. People seem to be about the same. More focused on their routine rather than anything else-- although, you want to hear details I guess? If that’s the case, give up on it. I do not wish to think about it.”
Likely because of the misdoings that led him to his demise, however, that is not something he should know. The ‘guard’ rolled his eyes and let out a sigh as he accepted the conclusion of this short discussion.

“Alright, alright, then to be fair, ask me some questions.”
Of course, that was a perfect opportunity to learn where the main shops of Scribel were. Thanks to this, he was able to know where he could buy and sell goods in the city. But not only that, prices of some products were now known to him. At least, the average range of price. There were also shopkeepers who accepted bargaining with the customers and some who did not. Shamefully, Paul never bothered with that kind of thing and thus never got to know.

“Mmmm, I suppose that’s your turn to ask a question. What you told me is quite useful!”
Since he was satisfied with what the basic information he received, he thought that replying to some questions would not be too troublesome.

“Alright… currently, right now, I am kind of a soldier. So that’s normal for me to accomplish this kind of job, but what about you? You… don’t look like the type to do that, do you?”
Was it that easy to notice? Or the clothes give him another vibe? That was likely the case. It would be more likely for him to be a thief, a mage or an assassin considering the clothes he had on him.

“In all honesty, I was a merchant. And no! Don’t make that face, I was a legitimate merchant who dealt with legal products. I never touched any forbidden goods or such… some of my friends fell because of that.”
The latter part of his last sentence was likely a lie. However there was no way to verify-- unless you can cross worlds. If someone knew it was a lie, then, Manyvat would try to capture him through any means and then seek for a way to return to his own world. There were likely leftovers of his deeds in his home country.
Of course, it was unlikely to happen. Whatever that is, after this short conversation, Adruo declared that it was time to put a stop to it.

“Let’s resume working and speak another time. Once it’s day-- unless we’re too tired to do so.”
Although Paul disagreed, he still understood that the merchant’s mind would not budge until he gets to know everything on his own. Thus, the soldier left after leaving some words of farewell.

“I will get going then. But, usually, if something happens, it’s something big. So unless there is something akin a huge bonfire, it is likely nothing’s going. To sum it up, you can rest at ease.”
Probably speaking on experience, the merchant nodded in understanding. Yet he stayed still and stared at the lands outside the city, wondering where those roads lead to. That would have been wise to question his… friend? No.
In any case, the night passed-by quietly and nothing happened. Everything was as still as painting, as if frozen in time. Shamefully, it seemed that Paul was now gone. Funnily enough, the ‘adventurer’ thought that they will meet soon. However, he hoped it would not be the case. As for why?

‘Once, it’s normal. Twice, it’s a coincidence. Thrice, it’s a conspiracy.’
If it does happen, that would be the third time Paul has some uncanny timing. In any case, time to go back to the guild.

OOC: Alriiiight, the "boring" start should be finished now, next quest should be more interesting now that I've an idea about what to do~

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

Waking up as soon as the sun set, Liana got dressed and began cooking some food for the two elf siblings; one meal was large and hearty with lots of slow release energy ingredients mixed in, the other was light and fresh with fast release energy ingredients mixed in. Hearing movement from upstairs, Liana finished cleaning the kitchen before leaving the house. She still felt a little apprehensive about being in Hejlikka's presence and so compromised with her to cook the evening meals for the two siblings: one an evening meal for Julrik when he came back from working the day shift; the other a breakfast for Hejlikka who was getting ready for the night shift.

Stepping onto the street, Liana saw the sky showing gorgeous colours from the remnants of the sun's rays behind the city buildings. Smiling in content as the night made her feel energised, she walked towards the guild quest board to see what she could do for the night.

Glancing at the available quests, she pined for the Night Watch one but thought about Harrison's stubborn words and pushed the idea out of her mind with a sigh. Moving her eyes down the numerous quests, she noticed one with quite a few posters bearing crudely drawn pictures clumped beneath it:
Missing Children
Objectives:
  • Check the "Missing Persons" list at the guild.
  • Search for and locate a missing child.
  • If alive, rescue and reunite them with their family.
The streets of Scribel aren't always the safest place.
Children are known to go missing without notice.
What happened to them? Did they get lost? Abducted? Attacked by a monster?
The parents demand that a search party be formed.
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
"Missing children?" Liana was intrigued and believed this kind of thing could be considered as being hands on with helping the civilians. Feeling a little elated over this chance her gold eyes swept through the various posters and paused with a start as four particular ones entered her vision:
Find my missing son!
Name:
Kyle
Appearance: Short for his age, brown hair, brown eyes.
Location of family: The Slums [...]
Find my eldest!
Name: Gus
Appearance: Average height for his age, sturdy body with muscle, blonde hair, brown eyes.

Find my only child!
Name: Stanley
Appearance: Tall for his age, very skinny, brown hair, green eyes.

Find my little baby!
Name:
Jack
Appearance: Small for his age, pale from suffering a lung disease, black hair, blue eyes.
Last seen: 4 days ago leaving home with some neighbouring children.
Closing her eyes in grief as snippets of a bloody memory flashed in her mind, Liana felt truly sorry for what she had done as well as sad that those families would never see their children again. Yes, she recognised the descriptions and locations of the boys on those posters as the ones she had ruthlessly drained in her blood frenzy. Feeling remorse wash over her over what she had done, she quickly looked at another, more obscure, poster and chose it as her task.
Help needed! Find our daughter!
Name:
Agatha
Appearance:

Playing with her pet pangolin in the market 2 months ago
Location of family: due to being travelling merchants location relegated to Merchant's Guild Headquarters
Looking at the information, Liana's heart hurt as she read the age of the child and how long she'd been missing. Although she didn't think there would be much good news with this, she still wanted to find a chance to offer closure to Agatha's family if she could. With that, she went to the receptionist desk to ask for directions to the market, as well as to get a signed note to help her ask people for information, before heading for Agatha's last known location.

Reaching the market, Liana thought she wouldn't get that many answers due to it being evening, however she was pleasantly surprised when she found out that Scribel City actually had a night market. Although, that rise in expectation was soon dashed as every vendor she spoke with said they'd never seen such a girl before, let alone know what a pangolin was.

Feeling despondent over having no success, Liana didn't know what to do except for her to try and find a possible route away from the market that the girl might have taken with the pangolin. Looking around, she decided to go down the street that had lots of food scraps all over the ground - where the building owners had just dumped their rubbish outside. Following the street, she saw a dark alleyway that had a few barrels filled with rotting food.

"..."

Thinking that the pangolin might have gone down there to scrounge for some food, thus Agatha following it, Liana decided to head down the dark alley to look for any possible clues. Reaching the end of the alley, she saw that it split in two directions on either side. Searching the area for anything, she heard some footsteps from the left alley and hid behind one of the barrels that was deep in shadows. As the sounds grew closer, she heard what seemed like a cloaked man and woman giggling together and most likely flirting with each other.

"Ahhn~! You're like, such a tease Hubert~!" The woman giggled.

"Hahaha, not as much as you are, mistress!" The man responded as the couple walked past the intersection and continued down the alley on the other side.

"Ah~! Call me that more~!" The woman ordered.

A clattering sound was heard as the man pushed the woman against the alley wall and deeply kissed her. In the heat of the moment the man began fondling his partner's very large chest while the woman moved her hand down his, before going lower. Making wet, sloppy kissing sounds and gasping for air - they eventually parted from one another, where the man finally responded: "Yes, my mistress."

The woman - whose back was now to Liana - giggled, causing her hood slightly move, revealing half-elf ears. She then started walking down the alley with the man's hand in her own, "I, like, trust the extractions of our little sacrifices have, like, been going well, right Hubert~?"

"Of course, mistress! The latest ones have been transported out of the city just this week."

The couple had moved out of earshot by that point and Liana wasn't sure what to do; should she continue searching for clues about Agatha and the pangolin, or follow the couple whose conversation topic was suspicious but not clear.

"..."

Biting her lip in frustration, Liana decided to follow the couple but made sure to wait for them to turn a corner before she moved down the alley.

After following the couple for two hours, Liana had ended up in the more affluent part of the city, with the half-elf woman unlocking the door to an expensive-looking house before pulling on the man's shirt and dragging him in while deep kissing him again. The door then promptly closed, leaving Liana outside in a dark alley. Staring at the house for a while, Liana was about to leave when she caught sight of a weird scaly creature poking its small head and long snout at the bottom of the window.

"...What is that thing...?" Not sure on what the creature was, she decided to risk going closer to the house so she could make a mental note of its features. Checking that there was no one around before leaving the alley, Liana quietly sneaked over to the house - trying her best to stay in the shadows.

Upon getting closer to the window, she could hear the sounds of heavy breathing and moans originating from inside - no doubt the couple were being...intimate right now. Blushing at the sounds, Liana felt shame when she recalled how Jasper must have done something, like that man was doing, to her that night. Clenching her fists in frustration over how weak and afraid she was of the incubus, she gritted her teeth and stared down the window.

The little creature looked so strange, yet also quite cute. Liana committed the image of the creature into her mind so she could find a possible description of it in the guild library she'd overheard some adventurers mention every now and then. Quietly leaving the area, Liana headed for the guild in haste so she could find out the creature's name as fast as possible.

After reaching the location of the library, Liana spent over three hours rifling through books and documents in order to try finding any description that matched the little creature's. Eventually, as dawn was beginning to approach, Liana found a description with a drawing next to it that matched her mental image perfectly: a pangolin.

Leaning back in the chair, Liana thought about the couple, about the part of their conversation she overheard, then about the pangolin that was in their house.

"..."

Not wishing to follow a false lead, Liana decided to end her investigation into the missing Agatha there for now. She didn't want to arouse the suspicion of that couple by knocking on their door and asking if they'd seen the little girl, as well as where they got the pangolin from. So, instead, she went to the receptionist desk and wrote her report - noting down the address of the house and the little features she managed to catch of the couple: a human male called Hubert who seemed to be in his 30's; a half-elf woman with a distinct speech pattern, flirty/lusty attitude and very large chest whose age couldn't be identified due to her race, although she sounded like a human woman in her early 20's.
Handing in the report, Liana rubbed the back of her neck as she instinctively felt the sun rising - feeling fatigue beginning to set in already. Once her report was evaluated, she made her way back to Hejlikka's house.

The house is under Hubert's name.

X

Last edited:

Bochi

> > >
Tunnel Worm Subjugation
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Survey the mines for signs of tunnel worms.
  • Seal any tunnels created by tunnel worms.
  • Slay one tunnel worm.
  • Collect 1 sack of tunnel worm scales.
These monsters are the things of nightmares.They drill through the earth and suddenly burst out of the ground.Thousands of razor sharp teeth ring their circular maw.They're big enough to swallow a dwarf whole and their armor is strong.Their tunnels are blatant holes in our defenses. Seal them as soon as possible. Rewards:
  • Money: 35 G
> > >
'First up, I experimented on what baits a tunnel worm to any given place at any given time. Suffice to say, but the dwarves didn't know the reason. Or rather, they were too busy with other things to learn about this reason, which is why I don't blame them for it. Also why I was outside the city running tests, since accidentally luring tunnel worms into the city itself would be kinda bad.

As for the results, it seems that tunnel worms usually didn't follow any schedule or whatnot, so one couldn't predict their appearance. But it also seemed that they had some preference for fresh blood---especially when large amounts of it are dumped onto the ground when they're nearby. And how to tell if they're nearby? Listen for the rumbling.

Ah, but there's got to be a better way to dispose of them, because their outer scale layers are really unfriendly to melee weapons. Pummeling the one that showed up to death took me ages, seriously.

Of course, since it wasn't in the mines, the kill didn't count towards quest completion, so I just took it's scales and went back to the city using a detour.

The material feels rather nice, too. I could make something new to wear with them.

Anyway, back to the report, the trip into the mines went better than I had thought. Between my experiments and nifty dwarven production, we figured out how to take down tunnel worms with minimal losses.

For a race working the forges, making something like tar wasn't difficult. Heck, with a forge and some coal, I could make it by myself. It wasn't rocket science.

So I repeated what I did the day prior using the blood of kobolds we happened across in the mines, and when the tunnel worm showed up we practically turned the area into a tar pit. Here my estimates paid off; the slippery and still fluid tar didn't allow the tunnel worm to make much progress through it, sticky as it was.

Still, if the aim was sticky fluid alone I would have gone for the easier alternative, like rubber sap. Picking tar was because 1) I didn't find any rubber sap in Gelderholm, and 2)...tar was extremely flammable. Especially if the component was coal, which was found aplenty in the dwarven city.

So, to finish it off I threw a tar bomb into it's maw, followed by several firebombs, after one of the brave fellows baited it to open it's maw and roar. Internal explosion was followed by internal bleeding, in turn followed by blood loss and rigor mortis. In fact, I think it was still alive when we started skinning it's scales and stuffing them into a sack.

After that we sealed up the holes the tunnel worm made, as well as a few more holes that must have been dug out long ago, and...well, the dwarves are even lazier than I am, to be honest. They just filled the whole thing with mortar and left it to dry by itself. And if monsters fell into the mortar solution while it was still drying, they'd become part of the fill as well.

But yeah, besides the one I baited, it didn't seem like the area was very infested with tunnel worms. We poked around for a while, but most of the holes we discovered were from a while back. So after we filled them up, we left.

...I kinda wanted to hunt more, but it feels like bullying so I'll stop. Maybe if I still needed material for my new outfit. Mhm. It's decided then.'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)

*note: Point of interest or Lore introduced*
*Story Chain: An impossible future - (1) (2) (3)*
> > >

Forest Ranger
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Hunting Mission
  • Serve as a guide for civilians in the forest.
  • Protect civilians from harm.
Many of Scribel's citizens are afraid to enter the forest alone.
It is easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the trails.
As an experienced woodsman, help guide citizens through the woods.
Protect our people from coming to harm.
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >

Zorion sat quietly at the reception, he was covered in blood, not all of it was his.

Quest Summary:
Zorion failed the quest

That morning, he came into the guild looking for a quest.

Haunted by the possibility that his potion induced nightmare was somehow real or would one day become real. Zorion needed information, he needed proof something that could allow him to say one way or another. For that he needed to test the limits of what he learned in his "dream" to see if the knowledge held up or was made up.

Those two years in the "future" Zorion lived relying on his ability to survive in the woods, the things the survivors of Scribel taught him seemed so logical and real, but how real?. For this test, he needed a trial, he needed another mission in the forest of Scribel.

He needed to be a forest ranger...

The Northern forest... Zorion recalled that northern forest of that uncertain future... will 'that thing' be in this world too?

===

The civilians Zorion was escorting were a trio of trappers, they used to be a group of four. Their fourth member was a skilled woodsmanand with his skill in navigatiion the four was able to set traps deeper in the woods.

But a few summers ago, the foursome ran afoul of a bear, the woodsman gave his life so the other three trappers could escape.

Ever since, the three trappers had hired adventurers as escorts. The journey to the traps the three left in the woods were not too far but was not close either, it took the majority of a day to get there from Scribel.

Zorion used his animal tracking skill to great effect; early on in the journey, he spotted tracks of dire wolves. So he asked the trappers to stay put while he investigated. After noting the spaces between paw prints and the trail the pack left behind, Zorion understood the history. He and the trappers did not wander into a dire-wolf hunting ground, instead, tracks were only of a travelling pack of wolves. Thereafter, the foursome moved on.

Another encounter followed later, again Zorion exercised his ability to discern the nature of his surroundings, finding claw marks on the trees, the four was able to avoid a bear's territory, a great black bear that the four saw the shape of, but did not confront.

After arriving at the trapping ground the trappers went to work and less than an hour secured all the animals that were in sacks and nets. Quickly losing daylight the group made camp; there was a small disagreement on whether they should butcher and dress the animal right away. Without a river near the camp, the blood would attract beasts that would most certainly attack at night. The three complained that adventurers before would defend them against the night attacks and it would mean more meat and more leather.

Zorion disagreed. The rising the level of peril was not something he was willing to content with. Ultimately, he, who had the sword, won the argument.

===

While the trappers slept so did the trapped animals. Awake as the first watch, Zorion considered his bearings. He was a little north-west of the slimecreek goblin settlement, about three-quarters of a day's walk from Scribel.

The Northern forest of the “future” was different, for one thing, it was called the dead zone, it had no other name. The reason for that was the northern forest was contested territory between the southern slime army of Scribel city, and the demons who ruled the north.

The humans hid there because neither side wandered too deep without reason. But at times... there was a reason. Magic. Any magic used meant the attention of all the dangerous creatures of the land. If you use magic in the dead zone, run, run away from where it happened, if you stay... be it slime or demons you are dead.

However, within the dead zone there was a place of reprieve. It was not too far from Zorion's camp at that moment.

He had to know.

If that place does not exist, then the dream was just a dream, demons won't overwhelm the north, slims won't decimate the south, that the golden rose won't turn into fanatical devil cultists.

So halfway into his shift, he checked to make sure around the camp the rattler alarms were secured , then Zorion snuck off into the woods to find the place known as the Spark of Life.

In the “future”, the Spark of life was a place of recovery, it was a single tree in small a circular clearing about ten to twenty meters in diameter. Although it was called a tree, it consisted only of the trunk and a single branch. Suspended from that branch was some kind of light, a ball cage made of vines and between the gaps of the cage once could see a gentle pulse of light, the Spark.

Under the light of the Spark, the survivors of the Scribel often visited, the light energised the weakened and strengthened the strong, and wounds that would have taken months to heal, would be alleviated in a few days.

The spark was a great help to the survivors, but they all used it sparingly since none knew what it truly was. As far as anyone could tell, it was not magic, not mana, Zorion had used it more than once, the sensation was as if life was forced into his body.

===

After a little over a quarter of an hour, Zorion was at the clearing, a circle of tree-lined the edge, too perfect to be natural. Zorion did not recall the tree line being so perfectly round in the future, but nonetheless, the clearing was there.

His heart sank.

It is here, there is a clearing, but…

Hope sprung in his heart, at the centre of the clearing there was no tree, no Spark of life. The clearing was empty.

It wasn’t real… As if to show further vindication the moon peeked out a sliver from the sea of night clouds, the clearing lit up showing true the emptiness within the circle, Zorion exhaled in relief.

As the moon hid once more, something caught the ex-squire’s eye. From where he stood it was a rock... no. a flat stone no, no, not that, something else, it shimmered for a moment.

Not to be caught off guard, Zorion drew his long alloy dagger. And step by step he inched closer and closer. As he approached the true form of the object revealed itself under the faint glow of the shrouded moon.

It was a creature, a little bigger than a wolf, scaly skin with a pair of rainbow-coloured wings. The creature’s form spooled in a spiral at the centre of the clearing.

It was a faerie dragon.

Good, faerie dragons don’t tend to be vicious creatures, mostly pranksters, Zorion relaxed, was prepared to sheath his blade. Dragons are magnificent creatures, he was not a mage, but even so he felt the mana radiating off the winged serpent.

Strangely, the dragon offered a nostalgic feeling, the mana blending into another energy, concentrating... gathering at the tail of the dragon. Zorion saw it then, the tail not a sharp point, but the ball that was oh so reminisce of the Spark.

A chill ran through Zorion.

“Wha’ you up to here, knight, got a bounty all to yourself, hav’ ya?!”a voice

“Yer got something there? Something good?” another voice said

It was too dark to see the owner of the voices, but Zorion knew it was the trappers, they followed him, he had to explain, but first he lit a ball of luminescent light in the air close to the voices to find the trappers’ location.

The light magic revealed the men, one leaning against a tree, other with folded arms.

“Wha’s wrong?” the trapper asked when they saw Zorion’s face, a face of shock, horror, his mouth agape.

It was not the men that shocked him it was the tree line. Zorion saw the, the ring of trees surrounding the clearing, they were not just trees, they were people, trapped, embedded in their trunk!

On the ground, next to Zorion's feet, a spot the size of a saucer suddenly ruptured! A tendril of wood shot put aiming for Zorion’s head! He needed to block and his dagger answered, the impact made him stagger back.

He knew his his foe and turned quickly!

With no time to lose, Zorion advanced and swung his dagger for the dragon's neck, it dodged, he clipped the creature's wing, just barely!

The faerie dragon now made distance between them, it hissed and jabbed its tail into the ground, again tendril launched from the beneath his feet! Letting his reflex be the judge, Zorion moved and stepped like he was dancing as the earth fissured spikes of wood or root hungry for his life. He swayed quickly to avoid each attack. One spike wood missed its mark, another avoided, a third met his dagger.

I can’t win this, his breathing laboured, his concentration pushed to the limit. I need to run, but...

It was then, he rushed the dragon, with all the energy he could muster he dashed for his prey. The dragon reacted too slow, the wood like tendril burst from the ground, but was only in the wake of Zorion charge.With one hand on the dagger and the other cradling the pommel, Zorion hoped to bury the blade into the dragon's body!

Four tendril shot from the ground and seal the path to victory, his dagger slammed harmlessly against the wood-like barrier and no force could make it give way,

Shit, Zorion started to burn through his options, plans, he needed…

As soon as strength gave in his arms, the pressure on the dagger waned, the wood spikes retracted in a flash.

But Zorion was not without recourse, with a deft hand he grabbed the ink-pot from his belt and hurled its contents at the dragon.
The black substance lashed across the fae serpent's face. Without waiting, he took out [The Black Witch's Potion] and down the liquid without hesitation. The sensation wa a burning deep within his chest! Then it stopped, nothing changed, he felt his body was diffrernt but nothing of note, only his money pouch was suddenly empty.

With no other choice, Zorion turn heel and fled. His calf muscles burned as he ran towards the trappers, the trio were standing perplexed by the situation, and had simply been watched this whole time.

‘RUN!!’ A word of light flashed before the trio, shocking the three into attention.

A tendril shot from the ground just behind Zorion’s heel. He dared not look to see the state of the dragon, he only keep running towards the trappers.

Two of the men started to turn, the third was still as a rock. Zorion closed in, he hoped to grab the man by the scuff, drag him along if it needed be. But his reach was too late. The ground parted and a tendrill impaled the man, the blood splashed upon Zorion, marking him for the choices he made. Another spike shot up grazing the flesh of Zorion’s chest and splitting his leather armour.

The trapper died a most aberrant death, he struggled and clawed at the spike that impaled him only to weaken and struggled no more. Standing with life ebbing away from his body.

Zorion knew that the trapper would one day too be a mummified corpse, standing a silent vigil in the forest drained of life.

Zorion did not dally, one step in front of the other he steeled himself from the sight. The spike still launched from the ground but it was no longer as fierce, sluggish even, but he brushed aside the thought and simply kept moving.

One scream and then another, just as Zorion caught up with the other trappers so did the dragon. A tendril slashed Zorion’s arm as he ran past the other two trappers, they too had become standing corpses in the forest.

Till dawn Zorion ran, he did not know when the dragon stopped chasing him, perhaps it had stopped after the trappers, perhaps not, but he did not care to find out, nor did he look back to see.

When he tired he dragged his feet, when he stumbled and fell he pulled himself up, he kept marching until he was in Scribel once more

OOC: [The Black Witch's Approval (Potion)] RNG Result:
OOC: All money deducted due to Severe debt side effect
Secondary RNG: Randomizer
Race Change
Triton
Attributes added:
  • Slightly stronger and more hardy
  • good at learning air and water magic
  • good at swimming
  • slight resistance to cold
  • communicate simple ideas to aquatic beasts, one way understanding
  • Amphibious

Dnd Reference:
Triton Features
• Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Constitution, and Charisma scores each increase by 1.
• Age. Tritons reach maturity around age 15 and can live up to 200 years.
• Alignment. Tritons tend toward lawful good. As guardians of the darkest reaches of the sea, their culture pushes them toward order and benevolence.
• Size. Tritons are slightly shorter than humans, averaging about 5 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
• Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet, and you have a swimming speed of 30 feet.
• Amphibious. You can breathe air and water.
• Control Air and Water. A child of the sea, you can call on the magic of elemental air and water. You can cast Fog Cloud with this trait. Starting at 3rd level, you can cast Gust of Wind with it, and starting at 5th level, you can also cast Wall of Water with it. Once you cast a spell with this trait, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
• Emissary of the Sea. Aquatic beasts have an extraordinary affinity with your people. You can communicate simple ideas with beasts that can breathe water. They can understand the meaning of your words, though you have no special ability to understand them in return.
• Guardians of the Depths. Adapted to even the most extreme ocean depths, you have resistance to cold damage, and you ignore any of the drawbacks caused by a deep, underwater environment.
• Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Primordial.

OOC: well that's unexpected.... took awhile to write my way out of that mess... really hoped for a buff I could have worked with... even a simple one strength? speed? come on RNG!!!
"Wow— So, you're saying that a dragon chased after you and you turned into... Triton? Hmm... I don't really know what happened but congrats on not dying I guess. Although you failed the objective, your encounter was nothing short of unfortunate calamity, so we'll give you some compensation for it."

Rewards: 50 EXP, 5 G