Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Silver

Evaluation
Un-appraised Minor gore and minor NSFW I guess.
After getting all my equipment I spent one more day in Scribel I was secretly helping remove some of the Crimson coins men from the area that my new gang would be taking over. Well more so I was collecting the skulls of these vicious criminals to show off in Spire Reef to my potential employers I had 2 skulls now on my person that were not made from warp trickery seeing as how the daemon had definitely made those other skulls out of warp stuff. Anyway the first skull was from a crimson coin member who was trying to kill a young woman in the sewers a nasty piece of work he was just trying to flat out skin her alive. Anyway a bolt to the head and than a removal of his head for the start of my collection a pleasurable experience to be sure.

The second one I found was a young woman whom seems to have recently joined the crimson coins I wanted her clothing as she appeared to be about my size and so I waited stalking her until she did something I could kill her for in the sewers luckily enough. She kidnapped a kid from some guys house and took him off to the sewers. The girl began stealing the boys clothes and than made to chop of his fingers. So I put a bolt through her skull good fucking riddance. Than I stole her clothing short top to cover up most of my bodysuit if you aren't looking well it still leaves my arms uncovered though so people will know it's there and so the attached crossbow isn't in the way. Long pants though I'm sure someone will find the bodies of the two in the sewers still and of course the white boots of my suit are still visible.

I secretly left the city during the changing of the shifts and started on my way to Spire Reef. The skulls hanging on my waist. The journey should take about 2 weeks with my fast movement towards Spire Reef and than heavy searching around the surroundings as well as my foraging expeditions in the wilderness.

The first pit stop I make along my journey is at the forest to get some wood so that I can use it as a writing tool fuck using paper that shit is way way way to expensive for my tastes! Anyway in the forest I found a few nice bark pieces and put them in my pouch about 12 pieces of bark where collected all of roughly A4 size big enough to write on comfortably with the dagger. The daemon seems to have returned to it's old habit of saying DOOM every hour annoyingly enough. I'd hoped it wouldn't especially since it seems those of the holy persuasion can hear it. Anyway time to resume my journey

For the most part the days walking to Spire Reef are peaceful the nights on the other hand are an annoyance sleeping in a small hole in the ground is not an exciting prospect but it's better than not and the animals and birds are not something that I am used to listening to but the most annoying thing by far is definitely getting woken up by the damned Daemon. Every day I see some wild creature to hunt and kill though which is a good form of stress relief.
Assertion: Relief of stress due to perfect actions and lack of mental exercises.
Conclusion: The Daemons acting up again..
"Bah stop trying to mess with my head you damned daemon."

Part Prime, Status Report. "MENTAL PURGE ACTIVATED." The daemon seems to have meddled with some of my main's personality parts in it's last activity nothing significantly of note was effected though.

On the 13th day I was basically done with my survey so I decided to taunt a group of bandits into chasing me through the fields and to see if I could kill the lot of them. I did this by stealing the loot that a small group of bandits had stolen from a travelling merchant whom had foolishly decided to come to Spire Reef without any guard and yet with some expensive goods. Fool anyway I stole the golden hat that the merchant had been wearing from the bandits loot pile making sure that one of the bandits noticed. They did of course and began rousing the alarm I dashed off into the wilderness to let them chase me. This hat could go to my soon to be employer I'm sure that he'd like it well he might not it is pretty gaudy after all.

I spent the entirety of the 13th day and night getting the bandits lost in their own backyard before making my entry into Spire Reef the den of scum and villainy on the 14th day.
I'd stashed the hat away before making my way into the city I'd retrieve that when I wanted to make a deal with the Misers.
Assertion: In a port of scum and villainy require the attention of gangsters whom run a large cartel that sprawls over multiple locations.
Conclusion: Reputation is required before entry is allowed.
Assertion: Reputation can come from knowledge or strength.
Conclusion: Knowledge is required on the current situation fast.
I need to get my self acquainted with the local power structure fast here and get my name as an information broker out there of course that will make it harder in the long run to get into the gang as they likely won't need me but I also doubt they need someone whom is super strong.

That night I begin my spy campaign in the local tavern listening to the dingy tales of old men and young and raucous new comers alike. On the edge of my hearing I can sense some kind of conversation going on. The conversation pertains to my targets funnily enough. "Ey boss you heard the Misers just got a new group of reinforcements to deal with the little problem they have. But the dumb-asses aggravated a pirate lord who was here to look for slaves! The entire lot were wiped out. AHAHA a gang thinking they can rival a pirate lord what the hell where the lot of them thinking." The talker continues on in a quieter voice. "But now the pirate lord is pissed at the pirate crews for not keeping the gangs in check and letting them become menaces. Plus he said we need to crack down on the revolting slaves now sadly but we still haven't found where this new group is bloody hiding."
Assertion: Misers just lost a large amount of muscle on accident.
Conclusion: Misers will likely be looking for new members to make this loss up.
Assertion: Finding slaves who are revolting and selling that information will increase my reputation
Conclusion: Find the slaves and sell it to the misers so they can try and get back into the good books of the Pirate Lord.

The first report begins here:
As I leave the pub to go searching a whore drops a note into my bag. I wonder whom that could have been I'll deal with it later. Don't want to act suspicious so early.

The letter I got from the whore seems to be from the guild a spy that they have set up here to keep the very close threats in check more than likely a good cause but I wonder how long she will survive. Anyway it says to meet at the tavern I was just at the tomorrow night at the third stool for the next contact. I'd go and see what they wanted and deal with it then and there but well things likely wouldn't go to smoothly I can bet. The third stool I sat and had a drink which cost me a 1 g but I recouped that loss along the road from someones dropped coin. Anyway the contact just shoved a note into my hand and so I left after I finished my drink to continue with the information collection.
The letter I got on my second night lead me to here a large warehouse I wasn't going to go inside of it that would be weird so I waited outside of it the same whore as on the first night came past me and pulled me into her embrace. I acted as if she was an old friend whom I hadn't seen for a while. The girl explained that this was her "residence". She led me inside. She showed me the secret seal and I wrote up a small report for the eyes of the guild. On the bark that I happened to have with me if I wanted to write any important information down and threw it into the fireplace in the warehouse. First report ends here.

After I left the room a man with a broken nose bumped into me and ordered me to follow him if I wanted to live I of course did. The man stopped me and revealed himself to be an agent of the original contact I'd made in Scribel City in this branch and he'd get my reports to them just drop by the tavern called the old flower and ask for Bentley. I said what I'd done to him leaving out the guild stuff and what not he'd deal with the criminal reports and I gave him a tip on who to blame the murders on he smiled. I went on my own way happy with the arrangements made.
View attachment 1973 The murdered woman in the sewers just without any of the weapons other than a dagger. She still has the gloves and boots somewhere around her corpse.
View attachment 1974Murdered man in the sewers
Notes: Only the bits enclosed by the First report begins and the first report ends are reported in the secret quest report.

AIEO the silent murderer with a hidden gold hat~ Hidden plans begin.
"...well it seems the reef is more dangerous than I thought." Stamping the report and filing it. He gave the rewards to the messenger who would deliver it to the adventurers there. Or, in this case the confirmation.

Final Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a

Silver

Quest Report ( Not Yet Appraised )

Report - Solet' Luna

Solet told me that he wished to obtain greater strength to not lose out on me. So, after debating for a while, we decided to go to the City Guard Training Camp again. However, this time, we're going in as the senior officer, and Solet would be in charge of training new recruits while exchanging battle experience with other strong city guard members.

Without any unexpected changes, we easily got accepted after they learnt about how Solet used to defeat the city guards single-handedly. The City Guard Captain, Lord Wiscard Bruhn, personally came to see us after knowing that Solet was back. This man was as strong as ever, however, even if he hid some trump cards beneath that gentle face, I was still confident in defeating him one-on-one.

In the camp, Solet told me he loved training new recruits using his personal training schedule. However, judging from the expressions of the recruits when seeing him, it seemed that he had concocted a hellish training method again. Well, he was too diligent and possess inhuman endurance, making him one of the top Paladins within the country of our previous world.

After a week, the trainees started to get into shape, and Solet finally began to teach them the true way of fighting, by sparring with them and beat them up repeatedly. At first, the session ended with everyone lying on the ground while Solet only used his hands and moved only one step at a time. He seemed like a monster after sparring with other strong guards and gained some enlightenment while I wasn't looking.

Well, as expected of a prodigy. Even though he only fought once with Boris, the E-ranked adventurer, he had already gained some insight and tried to incorporate Boris' techniques into his own style. Now, even though he was still far from his previous peak, he could manage to stand ground against the City Guard Captain. I reckoned that if he was really serious, he might be able to force Lord Wiscard to give his all.

During the month of hellish training, Solet had managed to defeat 5 opponents who were just a little bit weaker than the Captain himself. He seemed to improve at an alarming rate that I could not help but felt a strange sense of pride. My love would only stand above everyone else so that he could be with me when I remained at the peak of the world.

Now, onto the interesting yet concerning news. During our stay, I went to obtain some information regarding the surrounding of Scribel City, and, to my surprise, it seemed that the previously slumbering Slime Horde had started to move again. Unfortunately, the direction it approached was directly at us, Scribel City.

Before we left the City Guard Training Camp, Captain himself was preparing his formation to go scout out the Slime Horde. We could only hope that he came back safely.

The time of chaos might be arriving soon. I'll try to see if I could confirm this piece of information.
Good work on completing the quest. Hopefully nothing too bad will happen with the slime horde we've already have enough trouble in our hands with the other two threats lurking over us. Anyway enough of my ranting here's the promised rewards.

Final Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G

OOC: Okay no idea if someone has already appraised this. Couldn't find one for the life of me so if there is one just disregard this one.

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
APPRAISED
Office Work
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G

Awfully exhausted as he barely slept, when his eyes set upon this quest, Manyvat could not help but feel his energy renewed and take this opportunity to learn more about Scribel’s products. In any case, after taking this quest, it was decided that he will be managing a warehouse for a limited time-- in others word, just organise the products, check the imports, exports and such things. Something rather simple in fact-- if the administration is organised. Otherwise, it is likely to be an arduous task. Whatever that is, a night passed since his last quest.
While he did not have much choices as his knowledge did not permit him to go in any other place than the Adventurer Tavern to eat, drink and sleep. It seemed that the relation between quality and price was rather beneficial. After having his fill, at morning and when the sun rose, his legs led him to the indicated warehouse. Unsurprisingly, on his way-- a certain someone was there, waving at him with a snarky grin, Paul.

“Seriously? Are you sure you aren’t stalking me at this point? Three times in three days?”
Nodding, it seemed that Paul simply admitted that he was tracking and following him with any shred of shame. Staying silent a few seconds, the merchant waited for an explanation but did not press for it.
“Look, just let me do my job and we shall have a friendly conversation, like-- everyday, aye? Sounds good enough, doncha think?”
Basically, act as if nothing had changed even though the person he kept discussing with is spying on him, trying to extort a piece of information he requires for his job. In all honesty-- it was doable.

“Alright, let’s do that. Just accompany and shut up while I am working. I do not wish to fail this request because of chit-chat with a snitch! That would be a pity and I would need to vent my frustration on my only ‘friend’ in this lowly world!”
Unable to deny what he was saying, the ‘snitch’ cleared his throat and altered his plan. In the meantime, Adruo’s mind kept drawing hypothesis about what kind of motives could be lying behind his actions. None credible enough could be formed. Because he is an otherworlder? Unlikely, this city is filled with these people. His appearance? As far he had seen, there were many more people who were shadier and stranger than he was. At the end of the day, he could not remove his clothes due to-- a curse? The way he entered this world-- by dying, burnt on a stakes that is.

“Well then, I shouldn’t stay and bother you… I will be waiting for you once you finish your job, okay?”

Oddly enough, that was the only reason. Yet, if he did not transmigrate, the most unrealistic he thought of. A curse that stop him from removing his clothes, except for the sake of satisfying one’s need, was the most probable origin of Paul’s actions. Why he approached him and such. If there was anything else, it could be magic-related, nonetheless, he was no Grand Mage or anything along those lines. The spells he was able to use were solely used for daily usage, fire to melt a bolt and break into someone’s house, earth to hide himself from any people chasing after him and--
Jokes aside, there was nothing significant enough that could justify a native of this world to have interest in him. Aside from his current circumstances… unless, they had a way to obtain information from another world, which would mean that they already know him and what he did.

“Then, there’s nothing to regret if that’s the case!”
Nothing he did was particularly sinful, thus no worries were creeping on his mind. Only a certain serenity and curiosity. Whatever that could be, while he was deep in thoughts, Paul had already left and he arrived to the warehouse. Approaching the nearest person to the warehouse, likely a supervisor or anyone with a similar rank, the otherworlder introduced himself while showing proof that he was an adventurer.

“My name is Manyvat Adruo, a new adventurer, I am here to help to manage the warehouse, or put more simply. To do the paperwork.”
No matter the civilisation, paperwork always was a pain in the ass unless you wished to learn something of the city in terms of economy or administration. Frowning for a few seconds because of his appearance, the supervisor let him in and showed him the way to the papers commenting on the current situation.

“Being understaffed is a hassle, we need to hire people with no experience and which we cannot trust. Hopefully, it won’t happen with ye. Doubt it to be honest, just do what you need… check whether the products were delivered, are on delivery, if the amount is sufficient, organise the receipts in the proper order, and--”
Interrupting him, Manyvat thought that would be a good way to reassure him was first to affirm his previous profession and to add details regarding his duty.

“Do not worry too much about it, my good sir. Before coming onto this world, I was a merchant. I suppose I also have to check about the payments and the importers, whether the quality of the imported goods is as prescribed, and so on, and so forth?”
First taken back, the supervisor’s smile only widened as the offices rooms were opened to the adventurer. A few rows of desk were aligned, only a few seemed to be unused, likely the most recent transactions.
“I suppose that we’re lucky for once, eh? Then, do whatever you can to accomplish your duty, aye? Now, while you got the theory, time to do it!”

Afterwards, the merchant immediately got to work and sat at a dusty desk where laid paperwork. Checking the dates, it seemed that the oldest one was from one week ago, while the most recent from three days ago. Wondering whether that was a normal situation in this world or not was pointless as there was no way for him to know the answer. All he could do was to read the receipts, sort them by chronology, importers, products, materials or profits. Likely, the last option seemed to be the most optimal-- however, there was another factor to take in account. The clients-- what were their status? Another thing he should get to know. What was exactly the hierarchy of Scribel City in terms of individual? Strangely enough-- that was not something Paul mentioned, his words explained the importance of the institutions, their roles and which one grasped more power than the others-- while officially Scribel City was a City-State, it is likely that the Adventurer’s Guild has a hand on the political affairs of the city.

While doing his work, he decided to continue to sort them by profits before checking going to check the deliveries in the warehouses. Shamefully, he could not sort them according to the profiles of the client. Unless it was explicit such as-- Government of Scribel-City or a company linked to the Adventurer’s Guild, every name on the receipts felt utterly foreign.

As one would expect from a city filled with mercenar-- adventurers, it seemed that the most important products were weapons, potions and anything of the such. The demand being high, the profits were high as well. Come second were materials, for example, iron. Likely, there were probably not much ores in the surroundings, otherwise they would not need that much material or equipment.

“Alright… now time to check the warehouse.”
Taking the receipts sorted by profits, Manyvat went to check into the warehouse, to see whether the products first-- arrived, then, is their quality as good as it was promised, and finally the amount. Fortunately, all crates were properly organised according to when they arrived and what type of products they contain.

“First crate, from five days ago… a mixed batch of swords from average to good quality…”
Around two dozens of swords were resting into this crate, checking one by one their blade, the merchant then added a comment that will decorate his report to his supervisor in this task.
“Mmmm. There are much more swords than announced on the receipt, however, barely any of good quality… I assume the amount is to make up for the quality? Is that worth the final price… likely, yes.”

The second one crate contained shields and spears, its state had the same aspect as the first crate. Numbers seemed to be more important than the quality of the weapon-- Adruo concluded it was possible that only blacksmith you meet face-to-face may be able to forge a weapon of a decent quality. Often, it seemed that the crates followed this schema-- the quality was lacking, thus with that numbers came to back it up. However, once it ventured outside weapons, the crates’ contents gave a headache impossible to overcome.
Around forty percent of the receipts related to alchemy were-- wrong? To be more precise, the content did not fit the receipt’s description even though the registration number of the crate and receipt were the same, something diverged from the original course. That was an odd-- mistake?

One that seemed to be done on purpose was-- that the amount of potions did not concord with the “receipt”. Like the weapons, there were more potions that noted but-- all of the potions were of the correct quality. In other words-- anyone who came across of that particular crate could steal a few potions and sell them on the warehouse’s back. At this moment, the trader’s heart wavered, floating between two paths. Was it not a perfect opportunity? None would know-- however, that was an awful idea. All he had were the receipts but no contract. They could be checking his belongings when he leaves the warehouse, or what if it was a robbery organised in broad daylight by a higher-up? Would it be a good idea to risk one’s safety for the sake of profits?
Not really, all he will do was to report these mistakes, leave and give his report to a receptionist. It is unwise to stir up troubles in a can of worms. Unless you have knowledge-- which he did not.

“Alright… my job is more or less done. I should speak to the supervisor.”
Thoughtlessly, he walked and still felt that something was amiss. Was it Paul lurking and observing him? Jokes aside, this sensation he had was present since he came onto this world. As if he was being observed, sure-- but this was different, it felt much more ominous. Each day, it felt like it was closer than the previous one. Realising that he did not feel asleep in spite of his fatigue, his previously forgotten tiredness came back and hit him like a hammer.

An hour or so later, after reporting every issue he had noticed with the warehouse, he was allowed leave. Night began to fall, the sun was out since a few minutes it seemed as there were still some people around.

As he barely noticed the glint of the blade due to his current lack of stamina, the merchant turned back and saw Paul rushing down on him-- the first reflex he had was to try deflecting the blade by trying to hold his enemy’s wrist. However, quickly enough, the merchant found himself on the ground. The blade on his neck and Paul’s smile-- why?

No, whatever happens-- he had to survive. His hand swung toward his opponent’s face but before it reached it. A small flame appeared in the merchant’s face. Thus, Manyvat burnt his opponent’s face with a slap. While it may sound ridiculous, it worked-- the area nearby the eyes is rather sensitive after all.
Quickly backing away and wiping off the flame, a laugh exploded out of Paul’s mouth as he threw the knife at Adruo. Unable to avoid it, his teeth gritted as-- a blunt sound crashed against his ribs. The knife was not sharp at all. No, the blade was even fake at that. It was--

“You…”
“I wanted to see whether you had experience in fighting or so! Don’t ask me why, I won’t reply.”
All of this for that? Why did he wish to test it? So far, if he only asked, he would be able to know whether the merchant is lying or not. Nonetheless, it is likely he wished to confirm it. Then, why would he need to know if the merchant had experience with fighting or not? Whatever that is, he would be unable to know.

“However as you succeed this little test, I will tell you something, why I’ve been with you, aye.”
Nodding to his own words as he uttered those words, Manyvat kept his mouth shut as his body slowly lifted up. His eyes were focused on his ‘friend’, hoping to obtain a satisfying answer. If it could at least cheer up his mood.

“That’s because of the ‘aura’ you’re giving of. It’s barely as if you’re alive. It seems like you’re dead, yet you aren’t. I won’t say much more than that.”
Ha. Going to another world was possible but staying alive wasn’t, eh? A certain drop of irony fell into Manyvat’s heart. While he was whining and thinking about how to stay alive and survive in the most prosperous manners, it seems that he was already dead. Or so ‘Paul’ had said to him. No, he was not even sure that he was alive. Yet-- from a materialistic point of view, the merchant was alive, he was able to eat and drink.

“The last thing I remember before coming into this world is-- burning on the stakes. So now, get away. I do not wish to see you in my sight for a week or so.”
That should be enough time for his mind to set his priorities and take sensible decisions regarding his future as a-- good question, what was he? Should he say a cursed one? Whatever that is. He was exactly like an alive person, thus, why should he care about it? No, the flames were then ignited, his curiosity had lit up.

Yet, when it was revealed, the doom that was impending had now fallen. Something was there, behind Paul, its arm was resting on the man’s shoulder. The shadows on the ground seemed to be twisted, entwined like the branches of a tree on which no leaves grew. In front of his eyes was a dark but blurry figure, a scrawny shape of likely eight feet. Its feet did not touch the ground, it was floating. And then, it simply disappeared after a split second.
In a blink of an eye, everything his eyes perceived faded away. However, he could feel it looming behind him in his shadow.

“I will be gone then…”
“...come back in four days.”

While because of his pride, he could not go back on his own words, he shall just alter them. Not enough information was provided, however his heart was tired of seeing this face-- this façade that is Paul.
A few minutes followed, and then only silence remai-- no, not even silence was spaded. A high-pitched but weak growl seemed to be present. Yet he could not locate its origin, each time his ears perked, the provenance of the sound always seemed to be coming from behind him.

Perhaps, these were just hallucinations, he did not sleep much recently.

“Whatever… let’s just go back to the guild and give a report. As long as I am done with this work, and can rest… everything’s good.”

"Here is my report. I am unsure whether that is normal or not, but there were recurrent irregularities regarding the warehouse's products... that was odd because it seemed to have a pattern."

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal
'All I've been seeing lately are snakes, snakes, snakes and more snakes. Big snakes, small snakes, mutated snakes, snakehumans, human snakes, and whatnot. Gotta admit, I'm already starting to get tired of snakes. Like, I admit that snake meat can be a delicacy if prepared well, and their poisons are essential components in medicine, but I've been eating nothing but snake meat for the past few days. But again, it's cheap due to the...abundant source...and beats starving to death.

Anyway, after that mess in the mines, I was dying for some action. So I tagged along with the battalion of dwarves that were rushing out of the city with some large covered cart, and at the same time learnt the route to the slopes. Who knows when this information would come in handy in future?

But before that, a more integral question...

Why did most of them know who I was? Even if they didn't know my name, many of them greeted me as 'that one lass who's been running around'. I didn't even recognise the commanding dwarf when he clapped me on the back and thanked me.

I don't even remember doing anything new besides killing snakes!

But anyway, we reached the Blackpine Slopes and quite literally ran into the enemies. And naturally, the 'giant' in 'giant snakes' lives up to it's namesake. Thing's about as big as a Tunnel Worm and even uglier, if that was possible, with massive fangs and a really toxic attitude. It also sprays clouds of poison as a method of attacking. And there's more than just one of them on the way.

I was expecting some trouble since the snakes were faster than the tunneling worms, but before I could start thinking of countermeasures, the dwarves pelted them with scores of bombs...wait, tar and fire? But that's my method of dealing with heavy crawlers!

Why did the commanding dwarf turn to grin at me? I'm not understanding the inside joke here! And is it just me or does no one feel particularly stressed by the attack? They feel like they're going for a walk along the beach instead! And that poor snake's practically suffocating in the tar! Forget saturating the ground with poison, this place is really going to turn black from all the tar if you keep this up, you know? And that dwarf over there! I know it feels satisfying to watch something big burst into flames, but that poor snake's not been moving since a while ago! You can smell the meat cooking from this distance!

In the end, even though the attack totalled to about twelve or so Bloodbane Vipers...I only got to hit three of them. And those three vipers were already practically dead from burn wounds.

No, no, wait a minute here. I thought this was supposed to be a sudden attack! Where was the feeling of danger? What's with this relaxed atmosphere? Those snakes are dangerous, but why was this so easy?

Why does it feel like the dwarves would've been fine even if I didn't tag along?

No, no, no, it can't be. I'll go help out at the gates tomorrow. Today must have been a fluke. Yep, we got pretty lucky. Things will be more different at the gates, where the snakes are always attacking in hordes.

...Right?'

- Vicious, G. G.
"Well, miss Vicious, it seems like you've built quite the reputation among the dwarves, didn't you?

"I hope you still remember our last conversation. You don't need to feel proud about being an efficient killer, but I think you can certainly be proud of making the dwarves that were once filled with despair, now being able to laugh in joy while fighting against such dangerous beasts.

"... Though I would recommend trying to remind them that there is still plenty of danger in the area you're at. It wouldn't hurt to be careful.

"Regardless, you've certainly done your part in this task, well done, miss Vicious.

"May the gods fill your days with smiles."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 30G

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Seriously, yesterday gave me quite the surprise. I didn't even get proper sleep at night thanks to it. As soon as my body told me it was seven, I got out of bed and headed for the gates. The very gates which are under siege from snakes every day.

As the last barrier standing between the city and the hydra's minions, intense battles take place there everyday. I also helped out a couple of shifts here, so I know how gruelling the battles can become. Everyday is a fight for survival, and it's not uncommon to see fatalities in the hundreds after a particularly bad one. Truly a place of great despair.

Right? Right? So...

What's happening here?! It's in the middle of an attack and these guys aren't even phased! They're just calmly taking cover behind the...what are these things that have been mounted on the walls?! They look like fireman hoses and spray out some kind of black liquid...wait, this smell is tar?! They're doing the same thing those guys at the slopes did yesterday! And this machine...a hammer contraption that smacks firebombs flying into the distance? Isn't that basically mimicking me hitting the firebombs with my bat?

The grandpa dwarf over there! Your sinister smile is unbecoming of an old man! And you over there! Why are you looking away from me?!

I was already quite shocked by all the changes, but then something out there exploded. I took a look over the walls and spotted no obvious firebombs going off---until a bunch of snakes crossed what looked like a small hump in the ground, and the whole mound blew up. I could have sworn I heard a beeping sound shortly before dirt and bloody bits of snake hit the floor.

…...

They have MINES?! Since when?! No, don't look at me with huge smiles on your faces! What do you mean, you got that idea from the tar bombs I made? Even for a race with so much points in metallurgy, this is too much! It's not even been a week since the tunnel worm surprise!

Huh, what's that? It was easy to churn these contraptions out once you guys got the hang of it from building the first ones? The sappers figured out the mines after some of them thought that it would be nice to have a bomb that could go off by itself when enemies are near?

Get real! Normal mines are bad enough, but with those it's basically proximity mines! If you put enough of those down you won't even need such high walls! And what's with the home run contraption! Can I sue for copyright infringement?!

In the end, I ended up manning a tar contraption for the remainder of the shift, while the dwarf next to me babbled excitedly for six whole hours about some other ideas they had, and were in the midst of experimenting on. Isn't that supposed to be a secret that you don't just blabber to strangers...you know what, forget it.

I think...I'll just finish this shift, then head back to the inn to get some sleep. Today...has been unusually stressful.'

- Vicious, G. G.
"I can't help feeling worried about how laid back they became, but... It's undeniable you have been a good influence for them all, miss Vicious. Please keep it up.

"May the gods give you the strength to handle all kinds of stress."

Final Reward
Exp
: 200
Money: 20G

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

AliceShiki

Appraisal
EVALUATION - NEEDED
Office Work
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G

Awfully exhausted as he barely slept, when his eyes set upon this quest, Manyvat could not help but feel his energy renewed and take this opportunity to learn more about Scribel’s products. In any case, after taking this quest, it was decided that he will be managing a warehouse for a limited time-- in others word, just organise the products, check the imports, exports and such things. Something rather simple in fact-- if the administration is organised. Otherwise, it is likely to be an arduous task. Whatever that is, a night passed since his last quest.
While he did not have much choices as his knowledge did not permit him to go in any other place than the Adventurer Tavern to eat, drink and sleep. It seemed that the relation between quality and price was rather beneficial. After having his fill, at morning and when the sun rose, his legs led him to the indicated warehouse. Unsurprisingly, on his way-- a certain someone was there, waving at him with a snarky grin, Paul.

“Seriously? Are you sure you aren’t stalking me at this point? Three times in three days?”
Nodding, it seemed that Paul simply admitted that he was tracking and following him with any shred of shame. Staying silent a few seconds, the merchant waited for an explanation but did not press for it.
“Look, just let me do my job and we shall have a friendly conversation, like-- everyday, aye? Sounds good enough, doncha think?”
Basically, act as if nothing had changed even though the person he kept discussing with is spying on him, trying to extort a piece of information he requires for his job. In all honesty-- it was doable.

“Alright, let’s do that. Just accompany and shut up while I am working. I do not wish to fail this request because of chit-chat with a snitch! That would be a pity and I would need to vent my frustration on my only ‘friend’ in this lowly world!”
Unable to deny what he was saying, the ‘snitch’ cleared his throat and altered his plan. In the meantime, Adruo’s mind kept drawing hypothesis about what kind of motives could be lying behind his actions. None credible enough could be formed. Because he is an otherworlder? Unlikely, this city is filled with these people. His appearance? As far he had seen, there were many more people who were shadier and stranger than he was. At the end of the day, he could not remove his clothes due to-- a curse? The way he entered this world-- by dying, burnt on a stakes that is.

“Well then, I shouldn’t stay and bother you… I will be waiting for you once you finish your job, okay?”

Oddly enough, that was the only reason. Yet, if he did not transmigrate, the most unrealistic he thought of. A curse that stop him from removing his clothes, except for the sake of satisfying one’s need, was the most probable origin of Paul’s actions. Why he approached him and such. If there was anything else, it could be magic-related, nonetheless, he was no Grand Mage or anything along those lines. The spells he was able to use were solely used for daily usage, fire to melt a bolt and break into someone’s house, earth to hide himself from any people chasing after him and--
Jokes aside, there was nothing significant enough that could justify a native of this world to have interest in him. Aside from his current circumstances… unless, they had a way to obtain information from another world, which would mean that they already know him and what he did.

“Then, there’s nothing to regret if that’s the case!”
Nothing he did was particularly sinful, thus no worries were creeping on his mind. Only a certain serenity and curiosity. Whatever that could be, while he was deep in thoughts, Paul had already left and he arrived to the warehouse. Approaching the nearest person to the warehouse, likely a supervisor or anyone with a similar rank, the otherworlder introduced himself while showing proof that he was an adventurer.

“My name is Manyvat Adruo, a new adventurer, I am here to help to manage the warehouse, or put more simply. To do the paperwork.”
No matter the civilisation, paperwork always was a pain in the ass unless you wished to learn something of the city in terms of economy or administration. Frowning for a few seconds because of his appearance, the supervisor let him in and showed him the way to the papers commenting on the current situation.

“Being understaffed is a hassle, we need to hire people with no experience and which we cannot trust. Hopefully, it won’t happen with ye. Doubt it to be honest, just do what you need… check whether the products were delivered, are on delivery, if the amount is sufficient, organise the receipts in the proper order, and--”
Interrupting him, Manyvat thought that would be a good way to reassure him was first to affirm his previous profession and to add details regarding his duty.

“Do not worry too much about it, my good sir. Before coming onto this world, I was a merchant. I suppose I also have to check about the payments and the importers, whether the quality of the imported goods is as prescribed, and so on, and so forth?”
First taken back, the supervisor’s smile only widened as the offices rooms were opened to the adventurer. A few rows of desk were aligned, only a few seemed to be unused, likely the most recent transactions.
“I suppose that we’re lucky for once, eh? Then, do whatever you can to accomplish your duty, aye? Now, while you got the theory, time to do it!”

Afterwards, the merchant immediately got to work and sat at a dusty desk where laid paperwork. Checking the dates, it seemed that the oldest one was from one week ago, while the most recent from three days ago. Wondering whether that was a normal situation in this world or not was pointless as there was no way for him to know the answer. All he could do was to read the receipts, sort them by chronology, importers, products, materials or profits. Likely, the last option seemed to be the most optimal-- however, there was another factor to take in account. The clients-- what were their status? Another thing he should get to know. What was exactly the hierarchy of Scribel City in terms of individual? Strangely enough-- that was not something Paul mentioned, his words explained the importance of the institutions, their roles and which one grasped more power than the others-- while officially Scribel City was a City-State, it is likely that the Adventurer’s Guild has a hand on the political affairs of the city.

While doing his work, he decided to continue to sort them by profits before checking going to check the deliveries in the warehouses. Shamefully, he could not sort them according to the profiles of the client. Unless it was explicit such as-- Government of Scribel-City or a company linked to the Adventurer’s Guild, every name on the receipts felt utterly foreign.

As one would expect from a city filled with mercenar-- adventurers, it seemed that the most important products were weapons, potions and anything of the such. The demand being high, the profits were high as well. Come second were materials, for example, iron. Likely, there were probably not much ores in the surroundings, otherwise they would not need that much material or equipment.

“Alright… now time to check the warehouse.”
Taking the receipts sorted by profits, Manyvat went to check into the warehouse, to see whether the products first-- arrived, then, is their quality as good as it was promised, and finally the amount. Fortunately, all crates were properly organised according to when they arrived and what type of products they contain.

“First crate, from five days ago… a mixed batch of swords from average to good quality…”
Around two dozens of swords were resting into this crate, checking one by one their blade, the merchant then added a comment that will decorate his report to his supervisor in this task.
“Mmmm. There are much more swords than announced on the receipt, however, barely any of good quality… I assume the amount is to make up for the quality? Is that worth the final price… likely, yes.”

The second one crate contained shields and spears, its state had the same aspect as the first crate. Numbers seemed to be more important than the quality of the weapon-- Adruo concluded it was possible that only blacksmith you meet face-to-face may be able to forge a weapon of a decent quality. Often, it seemed that the crates followed this schema-- the quality was lacking, thus with that numbers came to back it up. However, once it ventured outside weapons, the crates’ contents gave a headache impossible to overcome.
Around forty percent of the receipts related to alchemy were-- wrong? To be more precise, the content did not fit the receipt’s description even though the registration number of the crate and receipt were the same, something diverged from the original course. That was an odd-- mistake?

One that seemed to be done on purpose was-- that the amount of potions did not concord with the “receipt”. Like the weapons, there were more potions that noted but-- all of the potions were of the correct quality. In other words-- anyone who came across of that particular crate could steal a few potions and sell them on the warehouse’s back. At this moment, the trader’s heart wavered, floating between two paths. Was it not a perfect opportunity? None would know-- however, that was an awful idea. All he had were the receipts but no contract. They could be checking his belongings when he leaves the warehouse, or what if it was a robbery organised in broad daylight by a higher-up? Would it be a good idea to risk one’s safety for the sake of profits?
Not really, all he will do was to report these mistakes, leave and give his report to a receptionist. It is unwise to stir up troubles in a can of worms. Unless you have knowledge-- which he did not.

“Alright… my job is more or less done. I should speak to the supervisor.”
Thoughtlessly, he walked and still felt that something was amiss. Was it Paul lurking and observing him? Jokes aside, this sensation he had was present since he came onto this world. As if he was being observed, sure-- but this was different, it felt much more ominous. Each day, it felt like it was closer than the previous one. Realising that he did not feel asleep in spite of his fatigue, his previously forgotten tiredness came back and hit him like a hammer.

An hour or so later, after reporting every issue he had noticed with the warehouse, he was allowed leave. Night began to fall, the sun was out since a few minutes it seemed as there were still some people around.

As he barely noticed the glint of the blade due to his current lack of stamina, the merchant turned back and saw Paul rushing down on him-- the first reflex he had was to try deflecting the blade by trying to hold his enemy’s wrist. However, quickly enough, the merchant found himself on the ground. The blade on his neck and Paul’s smile-- why?

No, whatever happens-- he had to survive. His hand swung toward his opponent’s face but before it reached it. A small flame appeared in the merchant’s face. Thus, Manyvat burnt his opponent’s face with a slap. While it may sound ridiculous, it worked-- the area nearby the eyes is rather sensitive after all.
Quickly backing away and wiping off the flame, a laugh exploded out of Paul’s mouth as he threw the knife at Adruo. Unable to avoid it, his teeth gritted as-- a blunt sound crashed against his ribs. The knife was not sharp at all. No, the blade was even fake at that. It was--

“You…”
“I wanted to see whether you had experience in fighting or so! Don’t ask me why, I won’t reply.”
All of this for that? Why did he wish to test it? So far, if he only asked, he would be able to know whether the merchant is lying or not. Nonetheless, it is likely he wished to confirm it. Then, why would he need to know if the merchant had experience with fighting or not? Whatever that is, he would be unable to know.

“However as you succeed this little test, I will tell you something, why I’ve been with you, aye.”
Nodding to his own words as he uttered those words, Manyvat kept his mouth shut as his body slowly lifted up. His eyes were focused on his ‘friend’, hoping to obtain a satisfying answer. If it could at least cheer up his mood.

“That’s because of the ‘aura’ you’re giving of. It’s barely as if you’re alive. It seems like you’re dead, yet you aren’t. I won’t say much more than that.”
Ha. Going to another world was possible but staying alive wasn’t, eh? A certain drop of irony fell into Manyvat’s heart. While he was whining and thinking about how to stay alive and survive in the most prosperous manners, it seems that he was already dead. Or so ‘Paul’ had said to him. No, he was not even sure that he was alive. Yet-- from a materialistic point of view, the merchant was alive, he was able to eat and drink.

“The last thing I remember before coming into this world is-- burning on the stakes. So now, get away. I do not wish to see you in my sight for a week or so.”
That should be enough time for his mind to set his priorities and take sensible decisions regarding his future as a-- good question, what was he? Should he say a cursed one? Whatever that is. He was exactly like an alive person, thus, why should he care about it? No, the flames were then ignited, his curiosity had lit up.

Yet, when it was revealed, the doom that was impending had now fallen. Something was there, behind Paul, its arm was resting on the man’s shoulder. The shadows on the ground seemed to be twisted, entwined like the branches of a tree on which no leaves grew. In front of his eyes was a dark but blurry figure, a scrawny shape of likely eight feet. Its feet did not touch the ground, it was floating. And then, it simply disappeared after a split second.
In a blink of an eye, everything his eyes perceived faded away. However, he could feel it looming behind him in his shadow.

“I will be gone then…”
“...come back in four days.”

While because of his pride, he could not go back on his own words, he shall just alter them. Not enough information was provided, however his heart was tired of seeing this face-- this façade that is Paul.
A few minutes followed, and then only silence remai-- no, not even silence was spaded. A high-pitched but weak growl seemed to be present. Yet he could not locate its origin, each time his ears perked, the provenance of the sound always seemed to be coming from behind him.

Perhaps, these were just hallucinations, he did not sleep much recently.

“Whatever… let’s just go back to the guild and give a report. As long as I am done with this work, and can rest… everything’s good.”

"Here is my report. I am unsure whether that is normal or not, but there were recurrent irregularities regarding the warehouse's products... that was odd because it seemed to have a pattern."
"This is quite the odd issue, mister Manyvat. I'll be sure to report this to the appropriate authorities and hopefully the issue will be solved.

"Let us pray it was just a honest mistake and not something bigger going on... We have far too many bigger issues to deal with already, it would be troublesome if another one was added to the list.

"May the gods grant you luck in finding trustworthy friends."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 35
Money: 10G

OOC: Remember to tag the quest as appraised~

Bochi

> > >
Evacuation Order
  • Required Level: 9
Objectives:
  • Assist with the evacuation of civilians.
  • Defend civilians from any monsters.
  • Buy enough time for the civilians to escape.
It's those damn Tunnel Worms! They've drilled a hole straight into a civilian district!The cavern is flooding and the hydra's forces are pouring in. We don't stand a chance!Prioritize evacuating civilians from the floodwaters. Forget about the snakes for now! Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
> > >
'So, back at my former employment, there was a job with that very name. And their job scope, well...

I think this is one of the only times where I'll admit to someone having a tougher job than me, because Catastrophe Messenger is a thankless duty. They wade into the worst of natural disasters to get information and attempt to rescue survivors---sounds pretty nifty, doesn't it? If you can look past the fact that there's usually no survivors, and that most of the messengers die young.

And yet I found myself doing the same kind of work yesterday on my way back to the inn. Funny how things turn out. Anyway, things got out of hand real quick, and to be honest I expected as much.

You can't mount firebomb launchers or plant mines in areas where most civilians are living. That's just too dangerous. So when the tunnel worm breached that became a weak point---no active defences at all.

So it was down to fists and cold iron, wading through the ankle-high water in search of survivors. Thankfully the water was clear enough to allow vision of those annoying water serpents before they got close enough to bite. On the downside that was pretty much about the only positive thing in the whole ordeal.

I feared as much. Tar and fire are great against snakes, but water stomps both in a direct confrontation. You can't light a fire underwater unless---wait, that's not necessarily true.

But back to the rescuing. We swept from one end of the cavern to the other, and at some point someone must have plugged the hole with a collapse, because the water level stopped rising and started gradually draining away. We got out a couple dozen dwarves from the wrecked houses as well.

Still, isn't the number of survivors here a bit too little? The body count is minimal as well, considering this is a residential area for civilian dwarves. I took the chance to ask one of the sappers where the tunnel led to. He told me that it was most likely the lake. That's when one of the sentries joined our little talk and mentioned that he had seen a not-insignificant number of weirdly bulging snakes heading back out of the tunnel while the others were flooding in. According to him, one of his fellow sentries had managed to down one of those weird snakes with a bolt, yet instead of leaving the corpse behind like they usually did, the other snakes had dragged out the dead snake with them as well. It didn't take us long to come to the same conclusion.

So raises the question: what are they going to do with the kidnapped dwarves? Somehow, I don't think the answer is as simple as using them for a source of nourishment...'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Quest Report ( Appraised )
A Magical Disguise
Sponsor: Felicia El FrelitiLocation: Scribel CityLevel: 2
Objectives
  • Create/Find/Buy a potion/spell that will do the following:
    • Change Felicia's eye colour
    • Change Felicia's hair colour
    • Alter Felicia's face/body shape
    • (Optional) Change Felicia's sex
  • The potion/spell must last for at least two years.
  • (Optional)Supply the potion's antidote/cancellation spell so that Felicia can swap between both forms.
Since I will be infiltrating Spire Reef soon, I require an appropriate disguise to blend in, seeing as my appearance is a little eye-catching at the moment.

External methods such as cutting my hair, changing my outfit and dirtying my face will be done separately, what I ask of you is to change my appearance physically, using either a spell or potion, since there's only so far those external methods can go.

I would particularly like to change my sex from a female to male whilst I'm over there, just to lessen the chances of being assaulted or raped, but I understand that such a feat is not easy, much less one that lasts for such a long period of time, and hence will leave that as an optional requirement.

Please note that the spell/potion must be temporary, but last for at least two years. Or better still, leave me with the antidote/cancellation spell alongside the potion/spell so that I can freely/occasionally swap between the two.

Thank you for your time.
Rewards
Exp: 80(100)(120)Money: 50(75)(100)GMiscellaneous: IOU (1x) - An IOI signed by Felicia,
redeemable at any time.
Dear Miss Felicia,

First, about your previous letter, let's just go with that arrangement. I'll be frequenting the Tavern, so you would see me there eventually.

Next, regarding the quest, although I could make you potions to slightly alter your body shape, it was impossible to change your gender or massively change your characteristic. The duration is also around 6 months, so I'll be giving you a total of 7 bottles of each potion.

The first one was a little experiment I made a long time ago. It would change your eye colour to the colour you desired. Just used Mana to manipulate the appropriated Element to make your wanted colour. Because it was magical yet natural in its characteristic, ordinary magic would not be able to detect the change. However, I advised you to not take any too pure of eye colour. I once met the Envoy of Master Beholder who was trying to collect eyes with beautiful colour. The Envoy was monstrously powerful, and if not for his carelessness, I might not be able to come back.

The second one was a little potion that could change your hair colour, using the same principle as the first one.

The last one would change your body shape. Using the magic of the witches, I could create a parasite-like potion that modified your body lightly. It would change your size and height, as well as alter your skin texture and colour. It's a little repulsive but its invisible property made it worth it.

Lastly, I had one new experimental craft that you might be interested in. Called Voice Larva, it was a cute little parasitic worm that fed on basically anything you ate. The way to use it is to swallow it whole and let it leeched onto your Vocal Line. The worm would modify your voice with flawless flexibility. It would feel a little strange at first but you'll get used to it after a while. Its lifespan should be around 5 years, and you could always call it back using the chant I wrote here. I'll gift you 3 of them in a bottle in case of something unexpected.

And, if you ever wanted to cancel the effect of the potions, just eat anti-parasitic tablets I made here and expelled the unwanted potions with your Mana Manipulation. It would come right off as easy as exhaling.

Sincerely,
Solet' Luna

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report

Waking up after the sun set, Liana cooked the meals for the elf siblings before heading off to the quest board - not waiting for Hejlikka to wake up. Reaching the area, she saw yet another request for someone to help collect overdue taxes and so went to the receptionist desk to ask for the documents needed to perform the task.
Tax Collection
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Customer Service Department
  • Visit 5 individuals with overdue taxes.
  • Collect the tax payment.
The Adventurer's Guild receives its funding from taxpayer money.Unfortunately, some citizens are known to be always late with payments.Visit them — wherever they might be — and demand payment.Please don't actually hurt anyone. We're not gangsters. Rewards:
  • Money: 12 G
"We've been getting a lot of people not paying their taxes, lately. It's kind of odd, really...Most of the people on the list usually pay their taxes on time...Anyway, I wish you luck!"

"Thank you! Have a good evening yourself!" Liana replied while smiling gently.

Leaving the guild, she checked the names and locations on the list and began her job as a tax collector.
The first three names were located in the commercial parts of the city and so headed there straight away. Reaching the nearest one, a strange situation occurred that was reminiscent of a similar event not a few days ago; the man she'd been sent to collect the overdue taxes from said he had already paid them. Needing to corroborate the facts, he promptly took out his account books and showed the proof.

"...Would it be okay if I take this with me to show the guild?"

"...Am I in trouble...?"

"I'm not sure, though your records will help your case!"

"Take it, then!" He threw the account book at Liana before muttering under a complaint under his breath before shutting the door: "That half-elf was so much nicer to deal with...even let me fondle her mounds."

"..."

Picking up the account book, Liana went for the second person on the list. However, the same situation happened again: the butcher claimed he'd already paid his taxes and took the initiative to show his account books to prove it.

"...If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me who came to collect the taxes?"

"Ah, some pretty blonde with big tits." He crossed his arms with a smug expression as he continued, "She ate a nice big sausage of mine before leaving, heh."

"I see. What kind of sausage was it? Pork? Beef? Lamb? Oh! Was it one of those vegetarian ones that some girls seem to like having?" Liana seriously asked, completely missing what the butcher was talking about.

"...Nevermind..." He replied, dejectedly.

"Oh...then, can you remember this person's name?"

The butcher scratched his head in thought before wryly smiling, "Sorry, love, I had other things on my mind when she gave her name. Two big things that could barely fit into these rough hands o' mine. Gods what I'd give to be able to fondle those again!"

"...Ah..." Liana finally realised what the man was talking about when he mentioned the sausage earlier and blushed in embarrassment. "Um...if it's all right, can I borrow your account book so the guild can look into this?"

The butcher waved his hand, "Sure, sure, but give me some payment first." He proposed while staring at her chest.

"...Payment...?" She asked while subconsciously hugging herself to hide her chest.

"Mm, let me fondle'em for a bit. Working all day with raw meat, it would be nice to deal with some soft meat once in a while." He said while licking his lips greedily.

"N-n-no! I refuse!" Liana began to involuntarily tremble as images of a certain night flashed in her mind momentarily.

Seeing her reaction, the butcher thought he'd taken the teasing too far and wryly smiled, "Sorry, love. Didn't mean to scare you. Here you go! Be sure to get me off that overdue list!" He passed the book to Liana before closing the door.

Carrying the second account book, Liana went to the third person on the list. Luckily, this person had just forgotten to pay their taxes due to having to pay attention to the Crimson Coins who were taking over the area. The woman checked her surroundings before sneaking the money bag with the tax money into Liana's hands, then hurriedly closed her door - as if afraid someone would see her handling money.

"..."

Looking at the list for where the nearest person was, she headed for the area the craft trades were usually situated in and knocked on the door of a blacksmith shop. Opening the door, a dwarven man.

"Mr Zagan?"

"Aye?" He looked at her warily.

"I'm here on behalf of the Adventurer's Guild due to your name being placed on the list of people who are overdue on their tax payments. I'm here to, unfortunately, collect the money you owe..."

"...F*ck!"

The dwarf rushed into the shop and came back out with a bag of money and his account book to log him finally paying it. He laughed awkwardly out of embarrassment before explaining, "I was busy training a newbie adventurer about how to use a forge and craft items (@Euka). I completely forgot about the taxes. Here you go, Miss."

"Thank you, Mr Zagan. Sorry for intruding so late at night."

"Nay! Not a problem, not a problem! I was brainstorming a new piece anyway!"

"Then, I wish you success with your new work." Liana said while smiling gently.

"Thanks, Miss! Stay safe out there! The city's been getting more dangerous lately."

"I will!"

The two gave their goodbyes before parting.

Liana looked at her list and saw the location for the final person was a leather worker a few streets away. Reaching his house, she knocked on the door and explained why she was there to the man. After hearing what Liana had to say, the man frowned before getting his account book and saying the already familiar line of how he'd already paid his taxes and his book showed the proof.

Upon asking for details of the person who came to collect them, he said he couldn't remember clearly - as if there was a fog covering his mind when thinking of the person. The only thing he could recall was that there was a nice scent in the air which made him feel relaxed. Making a mental note of that, Liana asked the leather worker if she could borrow his account book to be used as evidence and proof of him already paying his taxes. The man complied before saying his goodbyes and closing the door.

Carrying the third account book, as well as the two bags of money, Liana headed back to the guild while making sure to stay in well-lit and populated areas. Arriving at the guild, she wrote up her report, then handed in the evidence and money.
While waiting for her report to be evaluated, Liana pondered over the situation of the missing taxpayers' money - wondering why it wasn't recorded as being collected when it had.

OOC:
- handed in 3 account books from:
- Harry Benson​
- Randy Barlett​
- Geoffrey Rushton​
- handed in overdue tax money from:
- Clare Spielger​
- Zagan the blacksmith​
X

Vanus

Un-appraised
> > >
I swear I’m not drunk!
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Hidden Symbol
  • Hang out in a local tavern.
  • Socialize with the locals and get drunk.
  • Listen for any worthwhile information.
Bwahaha! You like the rum here? It’s Scollywog Grog!This stuff sets your throat on fire with that crazy shit tingle!Hey, I like ya, brother. Let’s play a drinkin game. All bets on the table!I don’t like to lose. Don’t hold it against me if I smash your face in! Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G
> > >
Report starts: Okay this will be written quickly don't have much time, I got a meeting with one of the big gangs today. Being watched at this moment. Important information gained today on target. It appears the Misers are running a recruiting effort today. The apparent reason for it is expansion in Spire Reef. Likelihood of this being true. 1%. Actual expected target? Scribel City. Reasoning. Contact seemed annoyed when everyone continued focusing on Spire Reef after someone mentioned moving somewhere better. Prepare for incoming and skilled bandits soon. The rest of the page is filled in with cypher. The solved cypher reads, It appears that the coming of the Misers is because one of there daughters was recently captured during a raid on the Mariani when they were there to negotiate a deal to get rid of the Crimson Coins. :Report ends.

AIEO had spent her time finding information in the local taverns recently looking for anything that would be worthwhile knowing anything at all after all she had a business to run and business was definitely soon to be booming what with the plans to steal the recruit exam for the Misers the war that would come to her little home as it seems the Gun runners were soon to be busy. AIEO would definitely see that one falls to pieces. Then finally AIEO spent some more time in the tavern with her new apprentice getting drunk. Even whilst drunk AIEO was still unable to give up her doubts about the stealthiness of her disciple she had barely been bothered by the surrounding men and yet her disciple seems to get bothered by people every few steps. "Oh well sometimes people just can't learn something." AIEO falls into a meditative state just listening to things around her not really caring what happens.

Natasha on the other hand decides to take herself and her new mentor home. But her mentor mumbles go home on your own don't get stopped more than 10 times. I'll be resting here for a few years longer.

Bochi

> > >
No Dwarf Left Behind
Objectives:
  • Venture back into the deep tunnels.
  • Find an alternate route to your friend.
  • Rendez-vous and escape back to the city.
You and a company of dwarves were ambushed in the tunnels.Most made it out alive, but your partner was separated when the ceiling caved in.Do you give up on them? Abandon your partner? Leave them for the dead?Or will you find another way around to save them? Rewards:
  • Money: N/A
> > >
'Today, I met this weird girl on the job. I don't know her real age and don't care either, but she couldn't have been more than 16. She also showed me her adventurer's card. A Medic---Healer, sorry. E-rank. I didn't bother remembering the name.

I have some fairly good instincts if I say so myself, and the first impression I got from her---incompetent. And afterwards as we headed out to clear some monsters, she quickly proved me completely right.

Like, she straight up admitted on the way that she didn't have a single bit of combat experience. Most of her stuff were herb-picking, documenting, and report grading. The scariest monster she'd killed up until then was a worm in a piece of rotten fruit. And her E-rank exam? It had been a party effort.

I could feel my IQ dropping the longer she talked, so I asked her why she came to Gelderholm. She told me that she wanted to see the dwarven city and it's inhabitants. Then I asked her why she was going on this mission, and her answer was that it seemed safe.

Why. I get the feeling of wanting to meet new people, but just---why. This place is a warzone, you know. Safety is relative here.

After we arrived at the tunnels to carry out repair works, the old dwarf in charge (who I knew to some extent) paired her with me.

Oi. Look into my eyes. You did it deliberately, didn't you? Do I look like a babysitter to you? And don't pretend to wave off the issue by telling us to keep an eye out for monsters. I can see you sweating buckets over there.

Whatever. I ended up bringing her for a walk and hunted a couple kobolds. She had absolutely no idea how to position herself, so I ended up using them as teaching material...yeah, she can forget about learning offensive abilities and stick with support ones. I've seen people miss the kobold and hit the wall, but seeing the projectile miss the wall and hitting the kobold instead was definitely a first. So we went back to the other dwarves.

Or rather, that was the plan. The entire tunnel collapsed on us, and I somehow managed to make it out. She didn't. Idiot got frozen in the middle of the road and stood there instead of running for the exit, and by the time I noticed and doubled back the tunnel already collapsed.

Great. Now I'd have to go and get her out, or more likely, dig out her corpse from the rubble. I asked one of the sappers a few questions about the tunnel system, then had the dwarves return first.

Unfortunately, she was very alive when I found her again. Cold and scared and just about catatonic when I managed to loop the long loop to the other end of the rockslide, but at least she was smart enough not to cry out in fear and attract every single monster nearby until I managed to locate her.

No, she waited until I found her before crying out in fear. Thank god the ones that showed up were all normal kobolds.

About two more hours and several detours later, I managed to carry her back to the city. By then the dwarves had already returned and a few were waiting for us at the tunnels entrance. I was bloody stressed, and just straight up took my leave after leaving her with the dwarves. I would have also told her to stop being an adventurer as well, but it wasn't my business. All I ended up saying as we separated was: 'We're back in the city.'

I'll work harder to be more helpful, she told me.

No, just no. Go home.'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

Vanus

'Today, I met this weird girl on the job. I don't know her real age and don't care either, but she couldn't have been more than 16. She also showed me her adventurer's card. A Medic---Healer, sorry. E-rank. I didn't bother remembering the name.

I have some fairly good instincts if I say so myself, and the first impression I got from her---incompetent. And afterwards as we headed out to clear some monsters, she quickly proved me completely right.

Like, she straight up admitted on the way that she didn't have a single bit of combat experience. Most of her stuff were herb-picking, documenting, and report grading. The scariest monster she'd killed up until then was a worm in a piece of rotten fruit. And her E-rank exam? It had been a party effort.

I could feel my IQ dropping the longer she talked, so I asked her why she came to Gelderholm. She told me that she wanted to see the dwarven city and it's inhabitants. Then I asked her why she was going on this mission, and her answer was that it seemed safe.

Why. I get the feeling of wanting to meet new people, but just---why. This place is a warzone, you know. Safety is relative here.

After we arrived at the tunnels to carry out repair works, the old dwarf in charge (who I knew to some extent) paired her with me.

Oi. Look into my eyes. You did it deliberately, didn't you? Do I look like a babysitter to you? And don't pretend to wave off the issue by telling us to keep an eye out for monsters. I can see you sweating buckets over there.

Whatever. I ended up bringing her for a walk and hunted a couple kobolds. She had absolutely no idea how to position herself, so I ended up using them as teaching material...yeah, she can forget about learning offensive abilities and stick with support ones. I've seen people miss the kobold and hit the wall, but seeing the projectile miss the wall and hitting the kobold instead was definitely a first. So we went back to the other dwarves.

Or rather, that was the plan. The entire tunnel collapsed on us, and I somehow managed to make it out. She didn't. Idiot got frozen in the middle of the road and stood there instead of running for the exit, and by the time I noticed and doubled back the tunnel already collapsed.

Great. Now I'd have to go and get her out, or more likely, dig out her corpse from the rubble. I asked one of the sappers a few questions about the tunnel system, then had the dwarves return first.

Unfortunately, she was very alive when I found her again. Cold and scared and just about catatonic when I managed to loop the long loop to the other end of the rockslide, but at least she was smart enough not to cry out in fear and attract every single monster nearby until I managed to locate her.

No, she waited until I found her before crying out in fear. Thank god the ones that showed up were all normal kobolds.

About two more hours and several detours later, I managed to carry her back to the city. By then the dwarves had already returned and a few were waiting for us at the tunnels entrance. I was bloody stressed, and just straight up took my leave after leaving her with the dwarves. I would have also told her to stop being an adventurer as well, but it wasn't my business. All I ended up saying as we separated was: 'We're back in the city.'

I'll work harder to be more helpful, she told me.

No, just no. Go home.'

- Vicious, G. G.
Seems you have completed the quest satisfactorily. - AIEO

Rewards:

Last edited:

Vanus

Quest Report

Waking up after the sun set, Liana cooked the meals for the elf siblings before heading off to the quest board - not waiting for Hejlikka to wake up. Reaching the area, she saw yet another request for someone to help collect overdue taxes and so went to the receptionist desk to ask for the documents needed to perform the task.

"We've been getting a lot of people not paying their taxes, lately. It's kind of odd, really...Most of the people on the list usually pay their taxes on time...Anyway, I wish you luck!"

"Thank you! Have a good evening yourself!" Liana replied while smiling gently.

Leaving the guild, she checked the names and locations on the list and began her job as a tax collector.
The first three names were located in the commercial parts of the city and so headed there straight away. Reaching the nearest one, a strange situation occurred that was reminiscent of a similar event not a few days ago; the man she'd been sent to collect the overdue taxes from said he had already paid them. Needing to corroborate the facts, he promptly took out his account books and showed the proof.

"...Would it be okay if I take this with me to show the guild?"

"...Am I in trouble...?"

"I'm not sure, though your records will help your case!"

"Take it, then!" He threw the account book at Liana before muttering under a complaint under his breath before shutting the door: "That half-elf was so much nicer to deal with...even let me fondle her mounds."

"..."

Picking up the account book, Liana went for the second person on the list. However, the same situation happened again: the butcher claimed he'd already paid his taxes and took the initiative to show his account books to prove it.

"...If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me who came to collect the taxes?"

"Ah, some pretty blonde with big tits." He crossed his arms with a smug expression as he continued, "She ate a nice big sausage of mine before leaving, heh."

"I see. What kind of sausage was it? Pork? Beef? Lamb? Oh! Was it one of those vegetarian ones that some girls seem to like having?" Liana seriously asked, completely missing what the butcher was talking about.

"...Nevermind..." He replied, dejectedly.

"Oh...then, can you remember this person's name?"

The butcher scratched his head in thought before wryly smiling, "Sorry, love, I had other things on my mind when she gave her name. Two big things that could barely fit into these rough hands o' mine. Gods what I'd give to be able to fondle those again!"

"...Ah..." Liana finally realised what the man was talking about when he mentioned the sausage earlier and blushed in embarrassment. "Um...if it's all right, can I borrow your account book so the guild can look into this?"

The butcher waved his hand, "Sure, sure, but give me some payment first." He proposed while staring at her chest.

"...Payment...?" She asked while subconsciously hugging herself to hide her chest.

"Mm, let me fondle'em for a bit. Working all day with raw meat, it would be nice to deal with some soft meat once in a while." He said while licking his lips greedily.

"N-n-no! I refuse!" Liana began to involuntarily tremble as images of a certain night flashed in her mind momentarily.

Seeing her reaction, the butcher thought he'd taken the teasing too far and wryly smiled, "Sorry, love. Didn't mean to scare you. Here you go! Be sure to get me off that overdue list!" He passed the book to Liana before closing the door.

Carrying the second account book, Liana went to the third person on the list. Luckily, this person had just forgotten to pay their taxes due to having to pay attention to the Crimson Coins who were taking over the area. The woman checked her surroundings before sneaking the money bag with the tax money into Liana's hands, then hurriedly closed her door - as if afraid someone would see her handling money.

"..."

Looking at the list for where the nearest person was, she headed for the area the craft trades were usually situated in and knocked on the door of a blacksmith shop. Opening the door, a dwarven man.

"Mr Zagan?"

"Aye?" He looked at her warily.

"I'm here on behalf of the Adventurer's Guild due to your name being placed on the list of people who are overdue on their tax payments. I'm here to, unfortunately, collect the money you owe..."

"...F*ck!"

The dwarf rushed into the shop and came back out with a bag of money and his account book to log him finally paying it. He laughed awkwardly out of embarrassment before explaining, "I was busy training a newbie adventurer about how to use a forge and craft items (@Euka). I completely forgot about the taxes. Here you go, Miss."

"Thank you, Mr Zagan. Sorry for intruding so late at night."

"Nay! Not a problem, not a problem! I was brainstorming a new piece anyway!"

"Then, I wish you success with your new work." Liana said while smiling gently.

"Thanks, Miss! Stay safe out there! The city's been getting more dangerous lately."

"I will!"

The two gave their goodbyes before parting.

Liana looked at her list and saw the location for the final person was a leather worker a few streets away. Reaching his house, she knocked on the door and explained why she was there to the man. After hearing what Liana had to say, the man frowned before getting his account book and saying the already familiar line of how he'd already paid his taxes and his book showed the proof.

Upon asking for details of the person who came to collect them, he said he couldn't remember clearly - as if there was a fog covering his mind when thinking of the person. The only thing he could recall was that there was a nice scent in the air which made him feel relaxed. Making a mental note of that, Liana asked the leather worker if she could borrow his account book to be used as evidence and proof of him already paying his taxes. The man complied before saying his goodbyes and closing the door.

Carrying the third account book, as well as the two bags of money, Liana headed back to the guild while making sure to stay in well-lit and populated areas. Arriving at the guild, she wrote up her report, then handed in the evidence and money.
While waiting for her report to be evaluated, Liana pondered over the situation of the missing taxpayers' money - wondering why it wasn't recorded as being collected when it had.

OOC:
- handed in 3 account books from:
- Harry Benson​
- Randy Barlett​
- Geoffrey Rushton​
- handed in overdue tax money from:
- Clare Spielger​
- Zagan the blacksmith​
X
"Hmm seems that this half-elf is a mind bender or something and she's becoming a menace someones going to have to find out who she is and who she works for. Oh well. Good job nothing wrong in these account books from what I can see. You have completed it successfully in my books." AIEO places the rewards down.

Rewards:
  • Money: 12 G

Vanus

'So, back at my former employment, there was a job with that very name. And their job scope, well...

I think this is one of the only times where I'll admit to someone having a tougher job than me, because Catastrophe Messenger is a thankless duty. They wade into the worst of natural disasters to get information and attempt to rescue survivors---sounds pretty nifty, doesn't it? If you can look past the fact that there's usually no survivors, and that most of the messengers die young.

And yet I found myself doing the same kind of work yesterday on my way back to the inn. Funny how things turn out. Anyway, things got out of hand real quick, and to be honest I expected as much.

You can't mount firebomb launchers or plant mines in areas where most civilians are living. That's just too dangerous. So when the tunnel worm breached that became a weak point---no active defences at all.

So it was down to fists and cold iron, wading through the ankle-high water in search of survivors. Thankfully the water was clear enough to allow vision of those annoying water serpents before they got close enough to bite. On the downside that was pretty much about the only positive thing in the whole ordeal.

I feared as much. Tar and fire are great against snakes, but water stomps both in a direct confrontation. You can't light a fire underwater unless---wait, that's not necessarily true.

But back to the rescuing. We swept from one end of the cavern to the other, and at some point someone must have plugged the hole with a collapse, because the water level stopped rising and started gradually draining away. We got out a couple dozen dwarves from the wrecked houses as well.

Still, isn't the number of survivors here a bit too little? The body count is minimal as well, considering this is a residential area for civilian dwarves. I took the chance to ask one of the sappers where the tunnel led to. He told me that it was most likely the lake. That's when one of the sentries joined our little talk and mentioned that he had seen a not-insignificant number of weirdly bulging snakes heading back out of the tunnel while the others were flooding in. According to him, one of his fellow sentries had managed to down one of those weird snakes with a bolt, yet instead of leaving the corpse behind like they usually did, the other snakes had dragged out the dead snake with them as well. It didn't take us long to come to the same conclusion.

So raises the question: what are they going to do with the kidnapped dwarves? Somehow, I don't think the answer is as simple as using them for a source of nourishment...'

- Vicious, G. G.
Good job. - AIEO

Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G

Reciful

APPRAISED

Hunting Mission
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 jerky

Character: Reciful
Lvl: 3 (720/1200)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest Name: hunting mission

Quest Report
Reciful shall Hunt... Not murder Okey!!

The guild says hunt some animals! They said make it Big!!... Maybe forest boars? Reciful once saw a flying pig while strolling at night..... Reciful think its not possible to hunt that at all~... The flying Pig Reciful saw at night one time is Colossal!!..... Reciful wish that boars & flying Pig is not related, cause Reciful will die if Reciful fight that flying pig at the moment!!!

Reciful went to the usual Northern forest!

Oh there are Forest fairies nearby.. Hello! Reciful here again!!... Ah!.... They run away~:blob_pout:

Horned Rabbits spotted...way too small... pass~

Twin headed snake, poisonous for humans, no cure for it, unless by magic.... pass~

Oh! Biome feral wolfs! Looks cute & fluffy but always angry.... Pass... Ouch!! It bite me?!?...Youuu!!...RECIFUL SHALL MURDER YOU!!!... DIE!!! :blob_hmph::blob_thor:... Hmph got murdered by countless tendrils! Ahaha

Oh there a Biome forest Boar! Reciful shall hunts you...eh.. why is it running towards Reciful?... Its not stopping?.... Its accelerating?.

*Bam*..Uuugh!:blob_shock: it tackle Reciful right in the stomach!! Sending Reciful's little girl body flying in a meter!!

The Biome boar is preparing to do a rush attack again.

Youuuuu~ boar stop!! Reciful shall hunt you! So stand still!

*Bam*...unyaaaaa~!! Direct hit! Home run! Reciful was send flying for 2 meters this time~

The Boar will attack Reciful again, the boar suddenly run towards Reciful at full speed!

Reciful, then use [Shape shift skill] & transform Reciful arms back to Tendrils to form a Black Net!.... Trapping the boar as it runs towards Reciful.. boar catch! Then use the momentum of the Boars rash & swing it in a circle again & again accelerating in each loop!!..theeenn~ smash the boar in a nearby tree at full force!! Crushing its bones!!

Reciful Wins!!

Biome Feral Wolf (medium) × 1
Biome Forest Boar (large) × 1

Signed: Reciful 'the innocent malice'

Last edited:

Bochi

> > >
Plugging the Breach
Objectives:
  • Prerequisites: Repairing the Dikes
  • Prerequisites: Flower of the Blood Fields
  • Swim in a flooded tunnel to the site of the leak.
  • Seal and repair the breach in the wall.
  • Assist the engineers with draining the water.
If we want to be able to retake any of the flooded tunnels...The first step is to drain the water. We must plug the leak in the tunnels.Are you good at swimming? Dive into the tunnel and locate the breach.The water could be poisoned, so make sure you have a Bloodbane antidote.If you encounter an underwater serpent... may the gods bless your soul.We will always remember you for your bravery. Rewards:
  • Money: 35 G
'Yeah, I think I must have been drunk when I agreed to take this request. But it's a bit too late to be backing out now, so might as well roll with it.

Actually, now that I think about it, isn't this also a thankless job? I mean, this antidote's made from the Bloodbane Blossom, which is in fact an even deadlier toxin than the Bloodbane venom, right...I'm just gonna call that the Bloodflower venom, because the full thing is too long.

But still. Just look at this description. Dive into the tunnel + locate the breach + have an antidote (actually a stronger poison) + pray you don't run into a serpent. That's...a rather tall order, innit. And that's not even the worst part of it.

The truth is...I hate swimming!

Okay, some correction here; I don't actually hate the process of swimming itself, and as a matter of fact I can swim decently well. I just really despise the feeling of wet clothing sticking to my skin when I get out of a body of water.

Guess I'll have to do without clothing then...just kidding. I'm not that shameless yet. But I did change into a set of sleeveless shirt and exercising shorts. Also, I had a conversation earlier with a dwarven alchemist acquaintance (the same one who helped me make a prototype tar bomb) and managed to acquire a small bottle of experimental liquid.

As for what it does...well, I'm not too sure either. I just told him what might make this operation a lot safer, and that was his solution to it. And no, I'm not drinking it.

Believe it or not, this little tube in my hand could disrupt a good part of Gelderholm. That's why he told me to be careful not to drop the vial, lest it cracks and the liquid spills onto the fl---oops.

Just kidding. I gave you a little scare there, didn't I?

Anyway, I met up with the engineers and handed the vial over to them. Then I watched as the vial was fitted into a small bronze orb, then handed back to me. Apparently, I just needed to stick this orb near the breach, and the rest would handle themselves.

Like hell. That means I still needed to swim through the tunnel, don't I?

Well, at least I'm not afraid of running into a sea serpent. In fact, they should be worried about running into me. So I ended up taking a dip after all.

It wasn't that hard finding the breach. Water flowed through it, and that creates the current. I just swam towards the direction where the tide was coming from, and bam, breach located.

I'll just ignore those two belly-up water serpents floating around dead over there, and carefully stick the orb on the breach...oh, it stuck to the wall. I wonder what it's gonna do---a clock? And there's numbers counting down...

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! THIS IS A TIMER, ISN'T IT? F**K! F**K! F**K! I'm out!

It turned out to be a semi-solid solution which grew larger by feeding on water. As soon as the timer struck zero, the vial would break, releasing the contents into the flooded tunnel. The blob-like solution grew bigger by absorbing water, and after enough time, the whole tunnel turned into one long, quivering green coloured blob. As water was still pouring from outside the breach, the blob would start expanding out to the other side of the breach, thereby blocking and sealing up the breach itself. Meanwhile, all there was left to do was to cut down the blob on our end, leaving just enough to allow it to continue growing out the other end.

It's a surprisingly creative solution, to be honest.

Just find someone else to deliver it the next time.'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

Vanus

'Yeah, I think I must have been drunk when I agreed to take this request. But it's a bit too late to be backing out now, so might as well roll with it.

Actually, now that I think about it, isn't this also a thankless job? I mean, this antidote's made from the Bloodbane Blossom, which is in fact an even deadlier toxin than the Bloodbane venom, right...I'm just gonna call that the Bloodflower venom, because the full thing is too long.

But still. Just look at this description. Dive into the tunnel + locate the breach + have an antidote (actually a stronger poison) + pray you don't run into a serpent. That's...a rather tall order, innit. And that's not even the worst part of it.

The truth is...I hate swimming!

Okay, some correction here; I don't actually hate the process of swimming itself, and as a matter of fact I can swim decently well. I just really despise the feeling of wet clothing sticking to my skin when I get out of a body of water.

Guess I'll have to do without clothing then...just kidding. I'm not that shameless yet. But I did change into a set of sleeveless shirt and exercising shorts. Also, I had a conversation earlier with a dwarven alchemist acquaintance (the same one who helped me make a prototype tar bomb) and managed to acquire a small bottle of experimental liquid.

As for what it does...well, I'm not too sure either. I just told him what might make this operation a lot safer, and that was his solution to it. And no, I'm not drinking it.

Believe it or not, this little tube in my hand could disrupt a good part of Gelderholm. That's why he told me to be careful not to drop the vial, lest it cracks and the liquid spills onto the fl---oops.

Just kidding. I gave you a little scare there, didn't I?

Anyway, I met up with the engineers and handed the vial over to them. Then I watched as the vial was fitted into a small bronze orb, then handed back to me. Apparently, I just needed to stick this orb near the breach, and the rest would handle themselves.

Like hell. That means I still needed to swim through the tunnel, don't I?

Well, at least I'm not afraid of running into a sea serpent. In fact, they should be worried about running into me. So I ended up taking a dip after all.

It wasn't that hard finding the breach. Water flowed through it, and that creates the current. I just swam towards the direction where the tide was coming from, and bam, breach located.

I'll just ignore those two belly-up water serpents floating around dead over there, and carefully stick the orb on the breach...oh, it stuck to the wall. I wonder what it's gonna do---a clock? And there's numbers counting down...

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! THIS IS A TIMER, ISN'T IT? F**K! F**K! F**K! I'm out!

It turned out to be a semi-solid solution which grew larger by feeding on water. As soon as the timer struck zero, the vial would break, releasing the contents into the flooded tunnel. The blob-like solution grew bigger by absorbing water, and after enough time, the whole tunnel turned into one long, quivering green coloured blob. As water was still pouring from outside the breach, the blob would start expanding out to the other side of the breach, thereby blocking and sealing up the breach itself. Meanwhile, all there was left to do was to cut down the blob on our end, leaving just enough to allow it to continue growing out the other end.

It's a surprisingly creative solution, to be honest.

Just find someone else to deliver it the next time.'

- Vicious, G. G.
Congratulations on being a test dummy. Good job - AIEO

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Quest Report ( Appraised )
Covert Intel Quest: Arrow in a Maelstrom
-----​
-----​
----​
----​
----​
----​
----​
----​
-----​
-----​
Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild​
Level Requirement
Level 5​
Special Options
must know magic to examine the Nomad's bow.​
Objectives
  • Talk to residents of Asteria
  • Travel further West from Asteria
  • Investigate the origins of the Nomad's Bow and why it was important
  • Don't get caught by hostile forces.
  • (optional) corroborated and discover details of the western region, found in the Blood stained Journal
Description
Recently, the adventurer Zorion was attacked while he was on duty at the Asteria relay station by individuals dressed in light nomadic garb. The guild has reason to believe the attack had something to do with a short bow.

Our staff sensed trace amount magic on the bow but were unable to decipher the reason for it, nor ascertain its relevance. Feel free to examine the bow if you wish, but it will be ill advised to take it with you on your quest.

The guild would like you to head to Asteria Village. Use the village as base and investigate rumours and the movements of the nomads and become familiar with the various powers of influence in the region. Find out why the nomads want the bow or the person that owned the bow.

If the rumours and hearsay in Zorion’s report holds true, the western Region beyond Asteria is a tinderbox of political and military tensions. Tread with care and avoid combative scenario. If experienced warriors described in the report roam freely in the western region, most prolonged hostile engagement might prove to be fatal.
Reward
EXP:
Money:
Items:
none
*Quest is repeatable until, there is enough information to create a quest to resolve the Nomad's bow mystery.
Report - Solet' Luna
Another weird incident... Well, exploring and meeting new force was one of a great way to acquire exotic resource and building a connection. Also, Tears of God? This reminded me of that falling-star-like object I once spotted in a Night Watch quest. Maybe, the two things might have some connections...

"The West of Scribel City? Just some madman trying to get their hands on some treasures. Miss Luna, I suggested that you don't go to provoke them now. The timing is a little inconvenient, as their conflict is at its peak." Receiving my golds, the Branch Leader smiled and told me some trivial information. The only thing to do was to confirm it by myself.

The journey to Asteria Village was uneventful. The occasional bandits were weak and uninteresting. Compared to the pirates of Spire Reef, these bandits were like a group of children, playing hide and seek while thinking that they were the best in the world. With a wave of my hand, I easily killed a group of them, making the others fled in fear and panic. I didn't even feel like chasing after them.

The village looked normal, and the residents were kind and warm, as expected of a small community. They welcomed me with a great feast, knowing that I was a strong adventurer. As a result, I helped them cleared out the surrounding. The monsters around her were weak and timid, making it easy for me to scare them away with a massacre.

The Village Head, an old man who seemed experienced in life, was the target of the negotiation this time. He was old and jaded, so there was a chance that he might know more than the youngsters.

"Hm? Miss Solet' Luna, how can I be of assistance?"

"Village Head, did you perhaps know something about this bow?" I placed the bow warped in plain cloth in front of him and used my sorcery to ensure absolute secrecy.

Upon examining the strange bow, the Village Head showed a solemn expression before looking at me, feeling conflicted about my question.

"Don't worry, this place is safe. You can speak up your mind." I encouraged him by placing various herbs in front of him. Although it was not that precious for adventurers and the guild, for a distant village that had almost no connection with the outside world, they were indeed good enough. After all, no villagers would want to go out into the dangerous forest to get some herbs.

"Thank you for your kindness, Miss Solet' Luna. In truth, I only know a little... After the incident where a weird light fell from the sky, a group of knight came to our village and asked around about a fugitive, who carried a weird bow that had many demonic symbols engraved on it." According to the Village Head, it seemed that this bow was the same one that the knights wanted. However, according to my knowledge, these symbols weren't the demon language— It was something else that I had never seen before.

Naturally, the knights would lie about the origin of the symbols. After all, no one wanted to share a good treasure with others.

Speaking about the bow, I had already tried investigating it, however, no matter how I tried, the symbols on it were indecipherable. Although I could feel some kinds of strange energy cycling through it, any attempt at forcing it out or interacting with it failed. It was as if said energy existed in another state of matter, that I could not interact with at the moment.

This characteristic reminded me of my distant goal, Divinity— A strange concept, an extradimensional force that existed both in and outside of reality. Divinity, the source of Godhood, and the power beyond rules and laws of the planes. It could interact with reality as it wished, but the reality could not fight back. No amount of conventional magic could resist their might, and a single, infinitesimal speck of Divinity could spawn limitless Mana.

Is it possible that the bow had a trace of Divinity in it? Highly unlikely. However, thinking back about the falling star, I came up with wild speculation. It was truly dangerous playing with the warring clans from the westward. It seemed that there was a higher power at play beneath the ordinary battle.

With the information confirmed, I learnt that this bow had some secrets in it, and no longer wished to take a peek into its secret. The Merchant Guild didn't give me all of their information— Maybe I needed to consider doing some work for them, so that my position would rise. After speaking with the Village Head for some ordinary information, I immediately departed back to Scribel City.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
Un-appraised
Report starts: Okay this will be written quickly don't have much time, I got a meeting with one of the big gangs today. Being watched at this moment. Important information gained today on target. It appears the Misers are running a recruiting effort today. The apparent reason for it is expansion in Spire Reef. Likelihood of this being true. 1%. Actual expected target? Scribel City. Reasoning. Contact seemed annoyed when everyone continued focusing on Spire Reef after someone mentioned moving somewhere better. Prepare for incoming and skilled bandits soon. The rest of the page is filled in with cypher. The solved cypher reads, It appears that the coming of the Misers is because one of there daughters was recently captured during a raid on the Mariani when they were there to negotiate a deal to get rid of the Crimson Coins. :Report ends.

AIEO had spent her time finding information in the local taverns recently looking for anything that would be worthwhile knowing anything at all after all she had a business to run and business was definitely soon to be booming what with the plans to steal the recruit exam for the Misers the war that would come to her little home as it seems the Gun runners were soon to be busy. AIEO would definitely see that one falls to pieces. Then finally AIEO spent some more time in the tavern with her new apprentice getting drunk. Even whilst drunk AIEO was still unable to give up her doubts about the stealthiness of her disciple she had barely been bothered by the surrounding men and yet her disciple seems to get bothered by people every few steps. "Oh well sometimes people just can't learn something." AIEO falls into a meditative state just listening to things around her not really caring what happens.

Natasha on the other hand decides to take herself and her new mentor home. But her mentor mumbles go home on your own don't get stopped more than 10 times. I'll be resting here for a few years longer.
"Good work! This information will help us greatly!"

Rewards: 130 EXP, 20 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
Character: Reciful
Lvl: 3 (720/1200)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest Name: hunting mission

Quest Report
Reciful shall Hunt... Not murder Okey!!

The guild says hunt some animals! They said make it Big!!... Maybe forest boars? Reciful once saw a flying pig while strolling at night..... Reciful think its not possible to hunt that at all~... The flying Pig Reciful saw at night one time is Colossal!!..... Reciful wish that boars & flying Pig is not related, cause Reciful will die if Reciful fight that flying pig at the moment!!!

Reciful went to the usual Northern forest!

Oh there are Forest fairies nearby.. Hello! Reciful here again!!... Ah!.... They run away~:blob_pout:

Horned Rabbits spotted...way too small... pass~

Twin headed snake, poisonous for humans, no cure for it, unless by magic.... pass~

Oh! Biome feral wolfs! Looks cute & fluffy but always angry.... Pass... Ouch!! It bite me?!?...Youuu!!...RECIFUL SHALL MURDER YOU!!!... DIE!!! :blob_hmph::blob_thor:... Hmph got murdered by countless tendrils! Ahaha

Oh there a Biome forest Boar! Reciful shall hunts you...eh.. why is it running towards Reciful?... Its not stopping?.... Its accelerating?.

*Bam*..Uuugh!:blob_shock: it tackle Reciful right in the stomach!! Sending Reciful's little girl body flying in a meter!!

The Biome boar is preparing to do a rush attack again.

Youuuuu~ boar stop!! Reciful shall hunt you! So stand still!

*Bam*...unyaaaaa~!! Direct hit! Home run! Reciful was send flying for 2 meters this time~

The Boar will attack Reciful again, the boar suddenly run towards Reciful at full speed!

Reciful, then use [Shape shift skill] & transform Reciful arms back to Tendrils to form a Black Net!.... Trapping the boar as it runs towards Reciful.. boar catch! Then use the momentum of the Boars rash & swing it in a circle again & again accelerating in each loop!!..theeenn~ smash the boar in a nearby tree at full force!! Crushing its bones!!

Reciful Wins!!

Biome Feral Wolf (medium) × 1
Biome Forest Boar (large) × 1

Signed: Reciful 'the innocent malice'
"... Great work, I guessed..."

Rewards: 80 EXP, 13 G, 5 Jerky