Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Feathers95

I must be the best hostess! (Repeatable)
Sponsor: Lady Saskia RosenthalLocation: Scribel City - Noble DistrictLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Go to the Rosenthal residence in the Noble District of Scribel City.
  • Meet with Lady Saskia Rosenthal.
  • Help plan out a social gathering.
  • Be part of the entertainment at the social gathering.
  • Ensure guests leave with positive thoughts towards Lady Saskia Rosenthal's hostess skills.
  • (Optional) Learn some juicy gossip about the guests and inform Lady Saskia Rosenthal.
As an upstanding noble lady in Scribel City, I must be as sociable as possible with other members of peerage. As such, I need to host many social gatherings like balls, tea parties, concerts, etc...
As someone who retains a high standing among my peers, I wish for you to help me be known as the best hostess in Scribel City!
I'll be sure to provide you with appropriate attire - if needed - and I'll be generous with my rewards!
Rewards
Exp: 35(+10 per guest gossip)Money: 45G(+15G per guest gossip)

X
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (55)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 11 (12400/13200)
Quest: I must be the best hostess!
Evaluation:
  • Visited the Rosenthal residence and discussed a ball with Lady Rosenthal
  • Performed a sword dance split into two halves of a story for the guests
  • Ensured the ball was as successful as possible for Lady Rosenthal's reputation
  • Informed Lady Rosenthal of some juicy gossip about Lady Agitha Myraleide
The Rosenthal residence was a beautiful sight to behold, being a grand abode exuding a bold yet elegant grace. Even from afar, Felicia could see the meticulous detail every element of the building held, from the window frames to the chimney, it was clear this building was something only the rich could ever hope to afford. As Felicia calmly assessed the building whilst approaching it, fond memories of her childhood flooded back, filled with the noble houses she used to sneak and play in with her friends in the nobility. Ah, she was such a tyrannical and mischievous little princess.

Felicia knocked on the door and was greeted with the butler, recognizable due to his attire and demeanour. Politely, he welcomed her and brought her to his mistress, who was resting in the tea room after being informed that she was coming.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Rosenthal." She bowed courteously towards the golden-haired noble before her.

"Ah, Felicia was it? I must thank you for accepting my request." She greeted and welcomed gracefully with a curtsey, before returning to her velvety sofa by the glamourous coffee table.

"I have no need for thanks, my lady." She responded graciously, prompting Lady Rosenthal to nod warmly with a smile.

"Please, take a seat and help yourself. My chef is wonderful at making these little pastries." She offered kindly, as Felicia heeded her words with a polite smile and picked up a dark chocolate biscuit from the ornate china plate.

Noticing her mannerisms and behaviour, Lady Rosenthal abruptly asked.

"My, have you had prior lady training? I do apologize if I'm being nosy, but I just had to ask as soon as I saw you."

Her eyes twinkled excitedly for the incoming gossip, as Felicia continued smiling stiffly atop the velvety couch.

"Ah, well... yes. Indeed I have." She responded succinctly, before moving on quickly to the topic at hand.

"I heard you requested assistance for a social gathering?" Felicia inquired calmly.

"Ah, yes indeed! May I ask what ideas or plans you have?" Lady Rosenthal replied enthusiastically, politely dropping the topic and taking a sip of her tea.

"Well, what I had in mind was a tea party or ball themed around the seasons. I felt that it would be a nice way to allow the guests to have some fun styling their outfits, without being too restrictive, seeing as there are many different ways one can style an outfit based on any particular season. Each invitation letter would have a sign showcasing their allocated season, which will give them their 'team' for the event if you will. During the day, we could have small activities/competitions throughout to entertain the guests, such as croquet and art exhibitions, which would promote some friendly competition for a final grand prize at the end. Ah also, in terms of entertainment, I'd like to give a sword dancing performance, if you would give me the chance."

Stunned but pleased by the long description of her ideas, Lady Rosenthal's eyes sparkled as she enthusiastically nodded her head.

"Oh my! All of your ideas sound absolutely wonderful, let us get to work straight away before either of us forget what has been said!" She smiled excitedly, as her butler immediately brought over some paper and pens so that she could write up the appropriate invitations and letters immediately.

---

Nobles dressed in all sorts of fancy attire chatted merrily within the hall, as gorgeous decorations based on the seasons twinkled in the room, including a tall statue made of ice, paintings of beautifully blooming spring flowers, fall-themed banquet tables and bright golden chandeliers powered by solar magic. Everyone was smiling merrily, as the host for the day Lady Saskia, was surrounded by her enthusiastic peers, praising her work to no end.

"My, my Lady Rosenthal this ball has been one of the most enjoyable gatherings I've had all year!"

"I agree! May I ask what specifically inspired you for this ball? I would love to be able to host something similar in the future."

"Ah, well I simply noticed how the weather recently shifted from a lively Summer to an elegant Autumn and was promptly inspired!"

"My, how lovely!" The ladies cried out enthusiastically, as Felicia calmly stepped atop the stage with a wry smile.

The lights dimmed around the room slowly, drawing all attention to her bright spotlight atop the stage. Garbed in a graceful outfit that shimmered as she moved, her sword dance began slowly, with her enchanted silver sword grasped delicately in one hand.

At first, her dance was slow and sorrowful, depicting the emotions of a lonely swan that had lost her loved ones. Her moves were steady and graceful, as the swan danced across the stage, filled with the emotions of loneliness, regret and despair. Her hair fluttered in an invisible wind, with an icy, isolated chill being emitted from her body, until she finally came to a sorrowful end with the sword pointed towards her own heart.

Suddenly, a roaring flame enveloped her body, spreading slowly from within as the swan was reborn anew as a blazing phoenix. Her corset was reduced to embers, as chains of gold fell from beneath, creating a soft melodic twinkling of metal which resounded throughout the silent hall. Her new attire was delicate but fierce, as her body was set ablaze, showing a passion, rage and determination unlike any other as she danced.

Her dance was swift yet deadly, fierce yet silent. Until finally, the phoenix smiled upon the heavens and ascended, with her blade beside her as a life-long companion.

Slowly, Felicia gracefully bowed to the crowd as she stepped off stage, with thunderous applause resounding in the hall shortly afterwards.

---

After disguising herself as a masked servant, she traversed amongst the crowd of guests, politely offering them drinks and replenishment whilst eavesdropping on their conversations. Pleased to hear they were enjoying themselves, she took care to make sure everyone was of the utmost comfort as she wandered the venue.

"Psst, did you hear? Lady Myraleide's daughter is actually the result of an affair! I hear that she doesn't look anything like her father!"

"Really? Well, actually, I also heard rumours that she was the daughter of an affair herself!"

"Wow really? Like mother like daughter I suppose..."

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"I'm not sure, I heard it might have been her butler...shhh she's coming over!"

Suddenly, the pair of gossiping ladies oddly became silent as a silver-haired maiden approached them with a kind but unreadable smile.

Surprised by the sudden drama, Felicia decided to retreat from the scene quickly. Afterall, if a servant knew too much it wasn't odd for them to be silenced mysteriously one day... She used to do the same thing herself~

Still, she informed Lady Rosenthal of the juicy gossip, as instructed by her earlier, before continuing her duties.

---

The rest of the ball based by just as expected. Alongside the events that the guests had partaken in earlier that evening, a few more friendly competitions based on the arts occurred, including a lovely little quiz that seemed to rile up everyone's spirits the most somehow. People seemed to enjoy the atmosphere and the entertainment, often talking about the dark violet-haired dancer that had appeared on stage, which made Felicia mildly uncomfortable.

Though, they did mention that the food was a little lacking. Which was understandable however, due to the illness that had suddenly befallen the Rosenthal head chef just yesterday.

Still, all in all, the ball was a success. The team that had won that night was Winter, with all the members bestowed little badges with a design resembling the four seasons with a golden crown. Everyone went home with a smile on their faces, including Lady Saskia, who bestowed Felicia with one of the spare badges as she left, undoubtedly worth a fortune due to its delicate craftsmanship.

After a long night's rest at the tavern, Felicia wrote her report and handed it to the guild's receptionist on duty.

Last edited:

Leegood

QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Quest Report (55)
Name
Level: 11 (12400/13200)
Quest: I must be the best hostess!
Evaluation:
  • Visited the Rosenthal residence and discussed a ball with Lady Rosenthal
  • Performed a sword dance split into two halves of a story for the guests
  • Ensured the ball was as successful as possible for Lady Rosenthal's reputation
  • Informed Lady Rosenthal of some juicy gossip about Lady Agitha Myraleide
The Rosenthal residence was a beautiful sight to behold, being a grand abode exuding a bold yet elegant grace. Even from afar, Felicia could see the meticulous detail every element of the building held, from the window frames to the chimney, it was clear this building was something only the rich could ever hope to afford. As Felicia calmly assessed the building whilst approaching it, fond memories of her childhood flooded back, filled with the noble houses she used to sneak and play in with her friends in the nobility. Ah, she was such a tyrannical and mischievous little princess.

Felicia knocked on the door and was greeted with the butler, recognizable due to his attire and demeanour. Politely, he welcomed her and brought her to his mistress, who was resting in the tea room after being informed that she was coming.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Rosenthal." She bowed courteously towards the golden-haired noble before her.

"Ah, Felicia was it? I must thank you for accepting my request." She greeted and welcomed gracefully with a curtsey, before returning to her velvety sofa by the glamourous coffee table.

"I have no need for thanks, my lady." She responded graciously, prompting Lady Rosenthal to nod warmly with a smile.

"Please, take a seat and help yourself. My chef is wonderful at making these little pastries." She offered kindly, as Felicia heeded her words with a polite smile and picked up a dark chocolate biscuit from the ornate china plate.

Noticing her mannerisms and behaviour, Lady Rosenthal abruptly asked.

"My, have you had prior lady training? I do apologize if I'm being nosy, but I just had to ask as soon as I saw you."

Her eyes twinkled excitedly for the incoming gossip, as Felicia continued smiling stiffly atop the velvety couch.

"Ah, well... yes. Indeed I have." She responded succinctly, before moving on quickly to the topic at hand.

"I heard you requested assistance for a social gathering?" Felicia inquired calmly.

"Ah, yes indeed! May I ask what ideas or plans you have?" Lady Rosenthal replied enthusiastically, politely dropping the topic and taking a sip of her tea.

"Well, what I had in mind was a tea party or ball themed around the seasons. I felt that it would be a nice way to allow the guests to have some fun styling their outfits, without being too restrictive, seeing as there are many different ways one can style an outfit based on any particular season. Each invitation letter would have a sign showcasing their allocated season, which will give them their 'team' for the event if you will. During the day, we could have small activities/competitions throughout to entertain the guests, such as croquet and art exhibitions, which would promote some friendly competition for a final grand prize at the end. Ah also, in terms of entertainment, I'd like to give a sword dancing performance, if you would give me the chance."

Stunned but pleased by the long description of her ideas, Lady Rosenthal's eyes sparkled as she enthusiastically nodded her head.

"Oh my! All of your ideas sound absolutely wonderful, let us get to work straight away before either of us forget what has been said!" She smiled excitedly, as her butler immediately brought over some paper and pens so that she could write up the appropriate invitations and letters immediately.

---

Nobles dressed in all sorts of fancy attire chatted merrily within the hall, as gorgeous decorations based on the seasons twinkled in the room, including a tall statue made of ice, paintings of beautifully blooming spring flowers, fall-themed banquet tables and bright golden chandeliers powered by solar magic. Everyone was smiling merrily, as the host for the day Lady Saskia, was surrounded by her enthusiastic peers, praising her work to no end.

"My, my Lady Rosenthal this ball has been one of the most enjoyable gatherings I've had all year!"

"I agree! May I ask what specifically inspired you for this ball? I would love to be able to host something similar in the future."

"Ah, well I simply noticed how the weather recently shifted from a lively Summer to an elegant Autumn and was promptly inspired!"

"My, how lovely!" The ladies cried out enthusiastically, as Felicia calmly stepped atop the stage with a wry smile.

The lights dimmed around the room slowly, drawing all attention to her bright spotlight atop the stage. Garbed in a graceful outfit that shimmered as she moved, her sword dance began slowly, with her enchanted silver sword grasped delicately in one hand.

At first, her dance was slow and sorrowful, depicting the emotions of a lonely swan that had lost her loved ones. Her moves were steady and graceful, as the swan danced across the stage, filled with the emotions of loneliness, regret and despair. Her hair fluttered in an invisible wind, with an icy, isolated chill being emitted from her body, until she finally came to a sorrowful end with the sword pointed towards her own heart.

Suddenly, a roaring flame enveloped her body, spreading slowly from within as the swan was reborn anew as a blazing phoenix. Her corset was reduced to embers, as chains of gold fell from beneath, creating a soft melodic twinkling of metal which resounded throughout the silent hall. Her new attire was delicate but fierce, as her body was set ablaze, showing a passion, rage and determination unlike any other as she danced.

Her dance was swift yet deadly, fierce yet silent. Until finally, the phoenix smiled upon the heavens and ascended, with her blade beside her as a life-long companion.

Slowly, Felicia gracefully bowed to the crowd as she stepped off stage, with thunderous applause resounding in the hall shortly afterwards.

---

After disguising herself as a masked servant, she traversed amongst the crowd of guests, politely offering them drinks and replenishment whilst eavesdropping on their conversations. Pleased to hear they were enjoying themselves, she took care to make sure everyone was of the utmost comfort as she wandered the venue.

"Psst, did you hear? Lady Myraleide's daughter is actually the result of an affair! I hear that she doesn't look anything like her father!"

"Really? Well, actually, I also heard rumours that she was the daughter of an affair herself!"

"Wow really? Like mother like daughter I suppose..."

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"I'm not sure, I heard it might have been her butler...shhh she's coming over!"

Suddenly, the pair of gossiping ladies oddly became silent as a silver-haired maiden approached them with a kind but unreadable smile.

Surprised by the sudden drama, Felicia decided to retreat from the scene quickly. Afterall, if a servant knew too much it wasn't odd for them to be silenced mysteriously one day... She used to do the same thing herself~

Still, she informed Lady Rosenthal of the juicy gossip, as instructed by her earlier, before continuing her duties.

---

The rest of the ball based by just as expected. Alongside the events that the guests had partaken in earlier that evening, a few more friendly competitions based on the arts occurred, including a lovely little quiz that seemed to rile up everyone's spirits the most somehow. People seemed to enjoy the atmosphere and the entertainment, often talking about the dark violet-haired dancer that had appeared on stage, which made Felicia mildly uncomfortable.

Though, they did mention that the food was a little lacking. Which was understandable however, due to the illness that had suddenly befallen the Rosenthal head chef just yesterday.

Still, all in all, the ball was a success. The team that had won that night was Winter, with all the members bestowed little badges with a design resembling the four seasons with a golden crown. Everyone went home with a smile on their faces, including Lady Saskia, who bestowed Felicia with one of the spare badges as she left, undoubtedly worth a fortune due to its delicate craftsmanship.

After a long night's rest at the tavern, Felicia wrote her report and handed it to the guild's receptionist on duty.
"Alright it seems you get the rewards plus the bonus for one rumor, Here's your reward~" I handed lady Felicia the rewards as promised "A sword dance? Can I see it some time~?"
Rewards
Exp: 45Money: 60

Feathers95

I want to see the beauty of the Spire Reef region!
Sponsor: Lord Eugene RosenthalLocation: Spire Reef and its ouskirts -> Scribel CityLevel: N/ARank: N/A
Objectives
  • Only do 1 painting per quest.
  • Enter Spire Reef and its outskirts
    • Paint a landscape of Spire Reef outside
    • Paint a portrait of the harbour
    • Paint a portrait of the tavern there
    • Paint a portrait of the slave market
    • Paint a portrait of a pirate ship captain
    • Paint a portrait of a pirate crew
    • Paint a portrait of a local gang
    • Paint a portrait of a witch/shaman
    • Paint a landscape of the beach and/or outskirts
    • Paint a portrait of local wildlife (repeatable)
    • Paint a portrait of the leader/ruler of the Spire Reef
  • Deliver the paintings intact.
Lately, I've been hearing tales of the infamous Spire Reef.
As a patron of the arts, I wish to see the beauty of the Spire reef and its region in all its glory!
Of course, I'm not going to be stingy with the rewards, I'll even provide the art materials!
Rewards
Exp: 130Money: 50G
X
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (56)
Name
Level: 11 (12445/13200)
Quest: I want to see the beauty of the Spire Reef region!
Evaluation:
  • Painted a portrait of the Red Serpent pirate crew
Don't ask her why she volunteered for this quest, despite how much it may break her on the inside.

It was simply something she had to do, to immortalize the lives of her loved ones after she killed them with her own two hands. It was the very least she could do for them, after everything that she did, and all the betrayal she thrust in their face.

Silently, she painted. As the memories that would never fade flowed through her paintbrush and onto the canvas, filling the page with the paradise she looked fondly back on and wished she could go back to.

Slowly, darkness descended, as she struggled against the flashbacks that were forever held back by her mind.

Suddenly, she found herself in a dark place. Shackled by chains that would never let her go, as tendrils of madness reached out from beneath her, licking and teasing as she struggled against the corruption threatening to flood her very being and soul.

Memories of their smiling faces, brotherly trust and dead corpses flashed painfully in front of her, paralyzing and drowning her in a sorrow and guilt she would never be able to cope with.

Black tears ran down her face, as her pupils flashed red from the gnawing pain, as if she was being eaten inside and out by billions of ants, birthed by the guilt and regret eager to consume her emotions.

Until finally, everything vanished, as she completed the last stroke of her painting with a shaky hand.

Smiling sadly at the lovely picture of her lost family, with each of them having clear crimson dragon tattoos, she packed away the painting and headed towards the Rosenthal residence.

Last edited:

Leegood

Quest Report (56)
Name
Level: 11 (12445/13200)
Quest: I want to see the beauty of the Spire Reef region!
Evaluation:
  • Painted a portrait of the Red Serpent pirate crew
Don't ask her why she volunteered for this quest, despite how much it may break her on the inside.

It was simply something she had to do, to immortalize the lives of her loved ones after she killed them with her own two hands. It was the very least she could do for them, after everything that she did, and all the betrayal she thrust in their face.

Silently, she painted. As the memories that would never fade flowed through her paintbrush and onto the canvas, filling the page with the paradise she looked fondly back on and wished she could go back to.

Slowly, darkness descended, as she struggled against the flashbacks that were forever held back by her mind.

Suddenly, she found herself in a dark place. Shackled by chains that would never let her go, as tendrils of madness reached out from beneath her, licking and teasing as she struggled against the corruption threatening to flood her very being and soul.

Memories of their smiling faces, brotherly trust and dead corpses flashed painfully in front of her, paralyzing and drowning her in a sorrow and guilt she would never be able to cope with.

Black tears ran down her face, as her pupils flashed red from the gnawing pain, as if she was being eaten inside and out by billions of ants, birthed by the guilt and regret eager to consume her emotions.

Until finally, everything vanished, as she completed the last stroke of her painting with a shaky hand.

Smiling sadly at the lovely picture of her lost family, with each of them having clear crimson dragon tattoos, she packed away the painting and headed towards the Rosenthal residence.
I only silently read the report and stamped the appraised stamp on her quest report while giving her the compensation that was noted on the quest slip
Rewards
Exp: 130Money: 50G
I was silent since for 1, I just cam back from training and my body was a bit sore, and two, it seemed a bit sad all things considered, the things she had to do to rank up. Though why? Couldn't she have looked for a different rank up exam? what real benefit does she get from infiltrating this pirate king crew? lots of treasures and power?

I could only look at Felicia as if she was something to be profound, what cultivators would spend days to comprehend.

Feathers95

Assistant Potion Maker - (0/3) - Can be done 3 times
  • Sponsor: Scribel City Potion Makers
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Assist a Potion Maker
  • Spend the day processing potion ingredients
  • Prepare different base solutions for the potion makers
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Due to the increase in violent activity around the Scribble region an order has been placed for a large quantity for various potions. To this effect the Potion makers need more hands to finish up the pre-processing of various ingredients and base solutions so that the Potion makers can focus on crafting the various materials into finished potions.

To undertake this task one must submit to an intelligence test, where we will give you 10 words of varying difficulty to study for 5 minutes, and when the time is up, you must be able to recite word for word the definitions of each word.
Rewards:
  • Money: 15G (20G)
  • Choose from 1 weak ??? Potion
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (57)
Name
Level: 11 (12575/13200)
Quest: Assistant Potion Maker
Evaluation:
  • Created a bunch of bases for speed potions and levitation potions
Felicia somewhat felt she was being made a fool of, as she recited the following list of words calmly alongside their short definitions.
  • nomination
  • jail
  • brag
  • similar
  • straight
  • allocation
  • ministry
  • adoption
  • pocket
  • lace
Just as she was remembering the flashy dresses adorned with too much lace back at the recent Rosenthal ball, the stern potion maker she was assisting abruptly dropped a giant bunch of potion materials beside her. Sighing, but immediately beginning her work, she realized the ingredients she were given could be used to make the base of two different potions, one of temporary speed and one of temporary levitation.

After soaking some stalks of a leafy plant in an acidic liquid, she left them to dry on a prepared table cloth. Whilst that was happening, she boiled a bunch of metallic nuts in a beaker of water and peeled them rhythmically. Finally, she took the snake eyes from their jars and mashed them into a disgusting paste using a mortar and pestle. With the ingredients prepared appropriately, she steamed and mixed them together in a small pot of red liquid, as they slowly formed the base of the speed potion. Alternatively, on the other side, she ground all the ingredients together into a tiny mashed ball-shape for the levitation potion base.

Pleased by her work for the day, similar to the potion maker, she was dismissed to make her report.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal
Report - Not Yet Appraised
Character: Solet' Luna
Tag: Explosion, Abandoned Distinct, Medisus, Viper, Snake, Humanoid Snake, Stainer, Hydralisk, Town Hall, Tunnel
---
Rank D Promotion Exam [GH1001]

Sponsor
Adventurer's Guild
The Abandoned District (Gelderholm Lower Levels)
Objectives
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Join a party of 32 warriors and fight your way to the Abandoned District.
  • Manually detonate the bomb to seal your party inside the cavern.
  • Fight an endless stream of enemies for 8 - 24 hours.
  • Prioritize killing any tunneling monsters that can dig through the rockslide.
  • Survive until the very end.
  • (Note: Optional Party Quest)
Description
I'm going to ask something of you that you might think is insane.

The snakes have overrun our last line of defenses in the tunnels, and they are spilling into the Abandoned District by the hundreds. If the Hydra's minions get any further than this point, it will be open warfare on in the upper levels of Gelderholm. It will be utter chaos and bloodshed. We cannot afford to lose this cavern, and we must make a final stand here.

Sealing the exit might be our conventional strategy, but there is no external access point for our sappers to plant a bomb. Furthermore, the enemy has scores of tunneling worms with them, and they will dig through any unguarded rockslide with ease.

However, there is still one opportunity. If a team of warriors fought their way into the Abandoned District and detonated a bomb manually, you might be able to seal yourself inside the district along with those snakes. This will buy us precious time for our engineers to locate the original breach point and cut off their reinforcements. You will need to prioritize slaying any tunneling monsters so they do not dig through the rubble.

...For how long...? Well... optimistically... eight hours. Pessimistically, twenty-four. Survive the continuous onslaught, and our engineers will search for the breach point. I'm truly sorry if I can't give anything more concrete. Please last as long as you can.

—What? You think this is a suicide mission? You're not wrong. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Most of you will die. But you're also our strongest and bravest, and if you don't draw your weapons now — who else will?

I'll promote you all to Rank D if you survive, but I can't offer any other reassuring news. I am sorry. I truly am.
Reward
EXP:
Money:
50 G
Items:
Rank D Certificate
---
Prologue

Despite participating in Slime Horde, it was not enough. So, I have decided to take part in the D-ranked exam of Gelderholm, for it offered more death than the Slime Horde, and it also helped me vented my pent-up emotions. Killing lizards and snakes was one of the best ways to relieve my stress, other than reminiscing about the past.

The Beginning

To my surprise, there were more than 32 warriors who wished to fight in this suicide mission. However, after my inquiring, I found that most of them were weak soldiers and healers, with only 32 strong men who would act as the leaders of the operations, I included.

"Solet! So you really come here, huh?" A voice echoed behind me, and so I turned to face him. Before I stood Medisus, his voice jaded, and but his face smiled. He somehow knew that I would be coming to participate in the D-ranked exam and secretly assigned himself here to be with me.

"... You don't need to come here. The mortality rate is high, and with your ability, you cannot guarantee your safety." I told him my honest thought, attempting to pursue him, despite knowing that it was impossible.

"Aren't we comrades? Then you should know that wherever you are, I'll be there." Medisus turned solemn as he recited a phase from his Knight Code. He was a man of his words, and if he said so, then he'll follow through it.

After chatting for a little while, we finally started moving as the last strong men arrived. Our journey towards death had begun.

First Hour

A detonation resounded as the tunnel came collapsing onto itself, trapping the group of deadmen inside. Shouting and screaming echoed the whole tunnel as the soldiers spilt into groups among themselves, after all, they only needed a small group of coordinated people to fend against the snakes, and not one disorganized army.

Likewise, I went with Medisus, becoming one of the lone pair. Although we were merely two people, with Medisus' powerful Knight capability and my magic, we could take it easy, if nothing unexpected happened.

Soon, the first wave arrived, and countless snakes filled our views. Although they were merely ordinary snakes, their number was a thing to be feared. If any of them bit us, we would no doubt die a painful death.

All it took was merely one accident.

Second Hour

Dead were three strong men, and the groups started to become exhausted by the unending amounts of snakes. Not only that, but with the appearance of Humanoid Snakes, the army of snakes became organized and uniform, moving in a fast, aggressive rhythm that gave us no breathing space.

The ground had already become bloody from both green, purple, red blood of everything that had ever stepped their foot into the tunnel. The situation was going downhill, but it was still in an acceptable range.

Until, another explosion resounded, and the great ceiling of the tunnel collapsed once again, killing many of our soldiers at once. Something had happened, and things took a turn to the south as Vipers slowly emerged from the darkness. It was surprising to see flying snakes here in a tunnel.

Fifth Hour

Half of the strong men had already fallen, and the Stainers had already entered the battle. Now, with only one medical officer left, we had conjured a plan to broke through the encirclement of the snakes and fled to the centre of the district. If we could occupy the town hall, then we could activate the secret chamber in there and used the base as a strategic point.

Through our suicidal assault, we managed to break apart their formation and fled deep into the district. However, during the retreating phase, we lost 5 more strong men, and only 11 remained.f We bunkered up the town hall and fought against the Vipers, killing everything that moved, and doing everything to survive.

Seventh Hour

Less than a fifth of us remained as one Stainer managed to sneak past our line of defence and wreaked havoc to us. It took down three of our strong men and a couple of our soldiers. The Vipers had already occupied the upper floor, and we had decided to retreat back to the ground floor and into the underground passage, or maze, to be exact.

As we walked along the passageway, another detonation resounded as all our remaining bombs and explosions erupted at the same time, blowing up the entire town hall, as well as the area surrounding it. Thankfully, our prediction was accurate, and the tunnel did not collapse from the stress.

Ninth Hour

The Stainer had killed our last medical officer, and contaminated most of our food supply. Without any medical officer, the wounded would be left to their cruel fate, and only a hand full of people alive could do some basic treating.

Unfortunately, as we were resting, a creaking noise resounded as the ceiling gave in to the pressure, crumbling down and revealed the ground level to us. In merely a moment, the snakes finally came flooding into the maze, prompting us to start moving again. However, with the injured and the wounded disabled, we were forced to stand guard and help them survive.

It was during this moment that Medisus lost his hand trying to save one of the strong men. In the end, I dragged him away from the smiling strong man that suicided himself into the horde of Vipers to allow us breathing gap to escape and sealed the pathway.

Thirteenth Hour

We had separated into groups of two to four and escaped in various tunnels between the maze. As long as more than three groups of us could reach the weakest points in the map, we could detonate more explosion and collapsed the entire district, and if we succeeded, then all the snakes inside here would be buried under the corpse of our city.

I, with Medisus on my back, moved alone in the darkness. Although the wound had already stopped bleeding, his green face indicated that he was poisoned. It was a strong anti-magic poison of the Stainer, and if I used any healing art on him, the poison would explode inside his bloodstream and kill him.

Eighteenth Hour

My vision was blurry, and my legs had already gone numb. If not for my special elemental body, I would have collapsed from exhaustion. In the rubble somewhere, I've hidden Medisus from all the snakes, and if everything went well, hopefully, someone would get him out for me. As for my journey, I had already installed the explosion, and it would explode when the three signals resounded.

I was fleeing from the army Humanoid Snakes and Vipers, and if not for the grand explosion, I would have been devoured by them.

Nineteenth Hour

A Hydralisk appeared before me; It remained still as the Humanoid Snakes surrounded me. With its cry, the Humanoid Snakes laughed in its snake-like hiss and jumped towards me—
??? Hour

It was warm. It was sweet. Tonight, the sleep was calming and silent. Tomorrow, the day would be a new day, a new life, a new me.

Epilogue

"What do you mean?! Solet isn't there with me— Impossible! She was the one who carried me when I fainted!" Medisus roared as he punched the wall with his hand, not caring about the pain. His force created a minor depression on the wooden wall, causing the medical officer to quiet down.

"Comrade Medisus; We're sorry... If it makes you happier, then take this; It's her lost reported, detailing her journey from the first hour to the nineteenth hour before it got torn apart." The officer handed a small, bloodstained notebook to Medisus, which he snapped at and opened to read.

A picture slowly formed in his mind; A puddle of crimson blood, radiating a tranquil fragrance as the Hydralisk feasted on a lifeless body. However, no matter how he pictured it, that calm, smiling face remained fearless, with a trace of acceptance... It was as if he knew that she would accept it with an open arm.

"In the end... Shit— Fuck—!" A teardrop manifested as Medisus looked around the medical room, hoping to see the hallucination of his mistakes. Even though he had never liked seeing their dead, lifeless face, he wished to see that beautiful face one more time— However, no matter how he tried, none of the mistakes he made had come to him anymore.

"... I've moved on, huh?" Even though he was supposed to feel happy, he felt like he had become empty inside...

"Wait, what are you doing?" The medical officer screamed as he saw Medisus tried to get out of the bed. He should not be able to walk for an entire week with that amount of poison and injury on his body.

"... I'll hand this report myself." In the end, with the help of the medical officers, Medisus handed over the bloodstained, grief-filled report to the receptionist. On the last page, a single teardrop remained embedded on it, like a memory, like a scar, forever there, to remind him of the past he had moved on.
OOC: Please read Report first before reading Not Report to clear up some confusion!
"Mister Medisus... I'm very sorry to hear of your loss... Solet was a wonderful person, and they didn't deserve it.

"If it is of any comfort however, I can tell you that they had very... Unique circumstances surrounding them. I cannot say I understand them fully, but I know that there was a bigger plan waiting for Solet. The Goddess would not let them lose their life so easily in that cave.

"I won't tell you to believe in my words, but... Perhaps it would not do you any harm to keep some hopes up, perhaps a miracle will happen if you do. Let us both pray for the best.

"And congratulations on surviving this task, now please rest. You should not waste the life that Solet gave you, mister Medisus... The Goddess will certainly guide your steps, and perhaps fate will allow you to meet those that you seek one day."

OOC: Since Solet is "dead", I think it makes no sense to give you money rewards, but you can get the 300 EXP just fine~
And uhn... If Medisus is an adventurer (I forgot if he was or not), then promote him to D-rank I guess?

Leegood

Quest Report (57)
Name
Evaluation:
  • Created a bunch of bases for speed potions and levitation potions
Felicia somewhat felt she was being made a fool of, as she recited the following list of words calmly alongside their short definitions.
  • nomination
  • jail
  • brag
  • similar
  • straight
  • allocation
  • ministry
  • adoption
  • pocket
  • lace
Just as she was remembering the flashy dresses adorned with too much lace back at the recent Rosenthal ball, the stern potion maker she was assisting abruptly dropped a giant bunch of potion materials beside her. Sighing, but immediately beginning her work, she realized the ingredients she were given could be used to make the base of two different potions, one of temporary speed and one of temporary levitation.

After soaking some stalks of a leafy plant in an acidic liquid, she left them to dry on a prepared table cloth. Whilst that was happening, she boiled a bunch of metallic nuts in a beaker of water and peeled them rhythmically. Finally, she took the snake eyes from their jars and mashed them into a disgusting paste using a mortar and pestle. With the ingredients prepared appropriately, she steamed and mixed them together in a small pot of red liquid, as they slowly formed the base of the speed potion. Alternatively, on the other side, she ground all the ingredients together into a tiny mashed ball-shape for the levitation potion base.

Pleased by her work for the day, similar to the potion maker, she was dismissed to make her report.
"It seems like your work was commented on, let me see, it says 'Good enough' and look! they gave you something?"
Rewards:
  • Money: 18G
  • Choose from 1 weak ??? Potion
[??? Results]
1586226928493.png

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Client Quest
Obtain Gardening Tools
Sponsor:
Nene
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Obtain simple gardening tools that can be used by those that don't have much experience with gardening in general.
  • Donate them to the orphanage.
Description: The orphanage is in constant need of food donations in order to feed the children. Getting some tools to make a small plantation in its free area could help alleviate the issue, even if there is clearly not enough space to plant enough to feed them all.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 50
  • Money: 20G
Out of all the clients that I would have in the future, the first one was a watery feminine figure that ordered farming tools to be donated at an orphanage. I haven’t even opened up shop yet I already have a client, oh well it should a good start for business.

The requirements were a hoe, sickle, and a watering can. First two are easy enough with sand casting, but the can might be tricky. I’ll have divide it into pieces and slowly shape them into desired pieces. I set up my work at the guild forgery and started melting the iron ores I got from Gelderholm.

+++++​

Roughly two days have passed since I started working on the farming tools. The hoe and sickle had long since been completed and tempered the sickle for some extra sharpness. The watering can however took me a great deal of time, the making of parts wasn’t the problem but rather assembling it and shaping the container. It took a while but I managed to form a good cylindrical shape for the body.

With all tools assembled I head over to the guild and file a quest report for my client. Once that was done, I head back to grab the farm tools and head over to the orphanage to donate them.

Greetings to you Guild

I have come on behalf of a client regarding this. All requested farm tools had been forged and donated to the orphanage as instructed. Please relinquish all rewards to said client if he/she ever comes for notice of said quest.

At service to you, Lancer Reival.

[Farm hoe(Good) delivered to orphanage]
[Sickle(Good)(Tempered) delivered to orphanage]
[Watering can(Good) delivered to orphanage]

OOC: @AliceShiki When evaluating the quest please tag @Himekawa
"My deepest thanks, mister Reival, I'm glad you took the time to forge those items.

"I'm sure miss Tabea and the children at the orphanage will be very happy to receive them, they have been waiting to plant the seeds that were donated to them for quite some time now.

"The Goddess will certainly bless both you and miss Watery for their hard work, please continue helping those in need whenever you can.

"May the gods forever keep your heart pure."

Final Reward: (They go to Watery)
Exp: 50
Money: 20G

OOC: Tag as appraised, please~
@Himekawa

FenrIIrz

> > >
Open Sea! [SR0601]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Captain’s Test
  • Sail into the open sea!
  • Work together with your crew.
  • Do not let another ship follow you to the hideout.
  • Your ship must not sink.
The Cap’tain wants us to raise the anchor!We’re setting sail! Out the bay and into the Black Sea!Hundreds of small islands off the coastline.Our hideout is on one of the ‘em, so we’re headed there!Hard to starboard! Watch the boom! Know your ropes! Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: N/A
> > >
After I join the Ratel pirate for three days, we set sail to the East, That day we encountered with a rival pirate group, Blue sun pirate. The cannons flew across the sea blowing up the ship’s hull. After ten minutes of trading fires, the Blue sun pirates retreat from the battlefield.

Following Kingsley’s order, We chased after them. Our ship rammed into theirs. The grappling hooks locked both ships together, The crews pulled out their weapons and jumped to another ship. Kingsley rampaged on their ship and shouting for their captain ‘Bulwark’.

We lost some of our men but still came out as a victor. Their captain is dead by Kingsley’s hand. I asked Kingsley about the prisoner of war and the slaves.

Captain, What do we do with them? We can’t bring them back to land with our ship.” I asked.

“Took the slaves with us, They are in good luck today. We break the wheel, burn the masts. Let the sea decide their fate.” He said. We took their goods to our ship and left them in the middle of the ocean.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
I'm ready to rank up I thought as I left the city with only the clothes on my body and a knife. I had read previous rank ups of previous adventurers before so I knew somewhat of what to expect on this dangerous journey. In fact, I had spent exactly 30 g to prepare for my rankup, what I'm currently wearing is very old, almost torn shirt and pants, why? since I was going to conceal my scent with mud!

Spreading the mud on my body and resisting the urge to wash everything off I started my journey onwards Look over there? isin't that the tea leaves that I often serve? I plucked a few tea leaves and stuck the plant onto the dirt on my back Hopefully it'll keep fresh while it's planted on my back I forage berries as I traveled to where this supposed ravine was and ate some berries before entering

---the ravine---

I entered the ravine with multiple tea plants and herbs randomly planted all over my body in an effort to harvest them when I get back to scribble city, I moved when I saw no signs of predators Ex: fresh poop marks, freshly clawed trees, places where the scent of pee was strong and made sure to keep safe, there was one time when I fell asleep and a wolf pack was sleeping around me.

Ah little cub, your so cute but please stop peeing on my leg I sighed in relief when the wolf pack eventually moved on when I spotted more herbs and plants I really wanted to bring back so I stopped to put them on any free space on my body. Ugho I feel so dirtyyyy~ There's a literal layer of dirt on me I continued placing plants until I felt like a walking tree.

The next few days as I traversed through the ravine I foraged, took care of the plants I had placed on my body, and finally, I got through. One day though, as I was sleeping I woke up flying through the airrrr~?!

"Kuu!" It seems i've been mistaken for a plant?! I pretended to be limp as the bird carried me to it's nest and started decorating it's nest with some pretty herbs I had on myself Uwuwuwu my herbs~! I was able to stay still until the bird left the nest, nows the time! I grabbed a random egg next to me and got out of the nest and slid down mountain since the angle was not too steep and started my trek down.

The next week I had already clad myself in dirt and plants alongside the egg as I returned to scribble city This egg looks different somehow, feels different somehow? oh well I was able to find a bushel of ripened berries on the last day and stuffed myself before washing myself up in a river and returning to the guild with an egg, a bundle of herbs, and with partially wet very old clothes.
"Miss Letianna... I..." *takes a deep breath* "Let's start from the beginning.

"First, I'm glad you are alive.

"Second, I'm glad you were able to successfully clear the task.

"Third, you should add daily prayers to the gods to your routine, because they must have held you in their bosom throughout this entire quest and kept you away from harm... You slept without taking any precautions against wolves? And you slept so soundly to the point a giant bird picked you up and you only woke up when you were already mid-air?

"... How heavy is your sleep, miss Letianna? I don't know if it's possible to train to make it lighter, but you need to learn how to in order to survive for long in this profession you have chosen.

"Also, please learn how to climb trees and bring a rope with you next time, to tie you to the tree. It will be much safer to sleep than anywhere on the ground, though be wary of spiders, bees and snakes when doing so.

"The Goddess has blessed you with a miracle and allowed you to survive this task, don't waste her kindness and please take better care of yourself from now on.

"May the gods teach you the basic skills to take care of yourself."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 30G
Others: An Egg
Rank-E promotion.

OOC: Tag as appraised please~

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Report - Appraised
Tag: Crossroad Tavern, Shifting Ruin, Symbol, Caipirinha, East
---
Investigate Crossroads Tavern
Sponsor
: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Tag List: @ohko
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report and this OOC discussion (source)
  • Investigate Crossroads Tavern that is west of Asteria.
  • Update: (1)
Description: A mysterious tavern in the middle of nowhere, at the intersection of many roads.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 25G
---
Reading my diary, I found an entry about a strange black business card. The past me got it from a strange Crossroad Tavern that sold 'everything'. Well, it should be most of the things, as they even had an ancient dragon scale. Maybe they might be able to solve my mystery regarding my lost memory? They seemed to know many, many things.

"Welcome, Customer. You've once again called for us." My vision blurred for a moment, and before I knew it, I was sitting inside a strange room, seated in front of the presumably receptionist. She was preparing a drink for both of us, and from its appearance, it was not the same Fruit Cocktail.

"Customer, this is Caipirinha; A refreshing cocktail for a refreshing new you." The lady handed me the drink, which somehow I was compelled to accept. The crystal-like quality of the drink, as well as the strange, calming fragrance of the limes mixed with a sprinkle of sugar, was too tempting.

The taste was... indescribable. It was a strange sweetness, but it was not at all sweet. It felt sweet, but there was in fact little to no sweetness in it. Then, the sour stroked my tongue. It felt weird, but also pleasant The flavour embedded itself onto my lips, and the faint fragrance caressed my nose.

If I closed my eyes, I would see a soft beach, hear the waves motioned, felt the warm breeze, and felt the coarseness of the sand. That was Caipirinha, at least to my experience.

"How did you know, that I've lost my memory?" I asked and received a teasing smile as an answer.

"Customer, we knew many things, as we sold much more, and travelled much further." The lady played with her drink as she slowly sipped it, savouring the great masterpiece she had produced casually.

During this moment, I took my time to observe the surrounding, and found that my past self had recorded a different image than now.

It was more akin to a library than a tavern, as many tall, book-filled shelves were arranged in a maze-like structure around me. The room seemed small at first glance, but when looking closely, it was huge, so huge that I could not see the wall of the other side. It was dark and dim, with only some lanterns to brighten up the are. It looked ancient, but also clean and tidy.

"Then, do you know how to fix this?" I asked with a hint of anticipation. If I could regain my memory, that would probably be the best. After all, all this while, I had been feeling like I had lost something precious and unique from me.

"Along the East laid a legacy of Old-Time, and with it, you can fulfil your promise... This will be the key to begin your journey." The lady handed me a strange object, a symbol of some sorts. It was magical in nature, and also beautiful beyond compared, but I dared not accept it.

"What is the price, then?" Remembering that everything I lost must be precious to me, I asked for confirmation.

"Take it as our investment, Miss Lurnea. We adored tales and stories. We merely saw potential in your journey, so we gifted you a little push you'll need." Tapping her finger, the business card floated towards the lady on its own before a strange star emerged on its surface.

"The transaction is completed, Miss Luna. We hope to see you again." As I got my business card back, I walked towards the door and exited it, finding myself inside my room in the Tavern.

If not for the strange change in the card and the object I got, I would've thought that I was hallucinating.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Unappraised
Vilatherael comes in covered in slime with a bag of slime cores and a tired look on her face "here ya go" she tosses the bag on the counter and a report appears in her hand "that should do, i'm gonna go get niv to dry me off."
So i went into the forest and found a slime, i soon realized that my greatsword cannot be used in its current state, so all these slimes were killed by me stabbing them with my arrows at point blank. that was irritating, and now i have to get my brother to repair my gear for the day. geez slimes are difficult in this universe. but anyways i killed ten slimes in that forest. there were still a few more but i was covered in slime so i decided against killing them.
"I'm glad nothing bad happened, miss Vilatherael.

"May the gods forever keep you safe."

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 10G

OOC: Tag the report as appraised please~

Feathers95

Ingredient's for Potions
(Repeatable)
Sponsor: BigGreenLocation: Adventurer's Guild/Camp LilyLevel: Any
Objective
Hello Adventurer!

If you have any extra ingredients that you may have from your adventurers and have no use them. Why not bring them to me and you can exchange them for one of my hand-made potions.

You can pick up your reward from the guild receptionist with your completed report.
*Or me if delivered directly*

-Currently 9 potions available
EXP: 10 (Per x5 Ingredients)​
Reward: *Per 5x Ingredients*
1 Weaker Healing Potion
(+Lesser Life Regeneration)
-Made by BigGreen​
Other: If delivered directly to Camp Lily
(Per x5 ingredient)
Friendship of BigGreen 10/100​
Tag List: @InsertName
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (58)
Name
Taglist: @InsertName
Evaluation:
  • Gave BigGreen five pearls from Rainbow Oysters
Felicia was amazed by how convenient this quest was for her, as she gazed at the five pearls rolling about in the palm of her hand.

I should thank them for helping me get rid of my nightmares~

She smiled to herself vaguely, as she walked casually towards the Northern Scribel Forests. After a short stroll, she knocked on the door of the big wooden cabin and awaited a reply. Noticing a wolf with grassy fur and a plant-like goblin looking at her warily from behind the building, she waved at them before turning towards the now-opened door.

Staring back at the plant humanoid standing before her, she took the pearls in her hand and placed them in his palm.

"These are the pearls of a Rainbow Oyster, notice their iridescent sheen of thousands of different colours? Yeah, that's the main sign of it being a pearl from one, as you'd be surprised by how many in Spire Reef pretend to sell ordinary pearls as such~" She blabbered on incessantly, having had Nia's traits rub off on her from their last conversation.

"Although rare, I've heard that they're highly sought after to allow specific ingredients in potions to meld together correctly or something, those might just be rumours though~ Anyway, have fun with the pearls! And thanks for taking them off my hands~" She smiled as she left without another word, not even allowing him to give her a potion.

Last edited:

Himekawa

Report status: evaluated

> > >
Scouting the Lake [GH0702]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Scout the perimeter of the lake.
  • Note any changes in the enemy status.
  • Note any changes in the poisoned fields.
  • Do not lure enemies to the city.
Information is essential to fighting any war, and we cannot afford to operate blind.
Please scout the lake and the Poisoned Fields and assess the damage.
Many varieties of new poisonous monsters have been discovered since the war.
Any information about the hydra's forces is invaluable.
Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

She didn't know why she was like this. Ever since she absorbed that water into her, she felt her aggression rose each time she encountered people. She felt that something must be released, or her pent-up feeling would overwhelm her.

Her first destination was the poisoned fields. With that, she set course to the south of the city. She levitated herself, and flew toward the fields.

Her first impression of the field was that it was simply impossible to plant anything there. The trees rotted, its trunk looked so fragile, that she wondered if the trees was already dead, for no longer they had leaves in their branches. The caked earth was probably the remnant of the field when it was left by the farmers. Other than that, she had no observation of her surrounding.

For the wildlife around her, as far as she saw, there were only snakes. Looking at the amount of it, she had wondered how they could breed when she did not see any food source. Perhaps they ate each other? Looking at the scenery, she didn't have any hope for the farmers to withstand the horde of snakes around the field.

She left to her second destination.

The lake gave a stronger feeling of wrongness compared to the water in the tunnel.
Calling... You hear the Calling... Calling... You hear the Calling...
It called to her, asking her to come closer. She had to become one with it. Her kin were out there, inside of that place.

No. That place was wrong. I shouldn't approach it. Let me go, Gravity. What's on my shoulder?

She felt like her kin was calling her, to join them to become one. The water spirits inside of that lake, she could feel their existence inside of that place. They whispered to her, calling for her to join them. She had to resist... "Little by little, I feel a bit better"

What was actually located there? Why those kins of her dwelled in that place? On one hand, she felt like her being was going to be invaded if she joined it. On the other hand, they were there. She wanted to go there. Let me know. Set me free. I feel a bit older.

Suddenly, she felt something build up. Inside of that lake, she felt that her kin was going to do something. The build up in the air, the pull toward something inside the lake. She felt the pull became harder to resist. She flew higher. J̴̛͇̭̪̣͓̯̗̞̲̝̭̖̥̒̋̒͝͠u̴̡͇͉̙͎̞̙͈̜͂̾̆̈́̆̓̅̃̓̓͐͝͠͝ş̶̢̡̳͉̫̖̻͎͍͕̬̩̭͙͉̺̳̟̰̲̭̹̝̫̬̱̼͉̭͔̮̀̉̈́̋̒͑̿̃͛̓͊́̋̀̕̚ͅͅt̷̨̼̙̦̙̬̟̻̬̙͕̤͓̭͚̟̣̲̪͆͋͌̔̐̎̽̽͒͌̿̕͝ ̴̧̧̛͕̹̰̲̖̭̬̳͉̬͇̩̘̖̺̯̦̓̐̈̀̉͒̈́͑̈́̏̍̎͘͘͝ͅò̶̥̝͎̱͚̼̖̯̖̮̔̒̄̍̓̾̐̾͋̾̊͒̿̎̇́͗̒͊̕͠͠͝͠ͅń̵̢̨̪̯̥̱̪̺̼̘͖̰̤͍̪̝̭͓̞̫̣̱̼̠̞̜͕̒͆̉́̈̍̎͑̀͌̊͋̕̕͜͝͝͝ç̸̩̈͑̏̑͊̃̐̔̎̄̾̃̐̿̓͋̇͐͛͋́͛̒͂̓̓̈͠͝͝e̶͔̱̿̓͒̈́̔̔̓͒̋̔͐͋̐͊́́̎͋̇̇̍͋̒̚͝͝͝ ̴̢̡̧̩͎̰̮̺̪͉̜͈̩̳̝̺͕͙̣͉̊̓̾̃̈́͑͗͗̋̐͌̽̅̑̔͛͋͗͑͑͛̕͘͜m̶̠̬̋̄̅̒͌͝ơ̶̢̳̤̬̘̩̭̝͚̬͔͛̌͂̂͊͂̓̉̒̓͗͋̈̎̈́̈́̔̋͆͐̋́̀̌͋͛̊̊͠͝͝r̵̛̮̟̞͕͇̬͑̂̀̈̓̈́̓̔̅̃̿͑̾̎͗̒̐̈́͛̐͆̕͘͝͠ȩ̵̩͕͉̭͕̻̮͕͚̰̟͍̳̰̥̱͓̝̦̞̣̥͓̥̟͈̮̙̣̜͊̿͗̽̑̋́́̐̓͋̕̕͘͝͠͠͝ ̴̢̢̧̧̗̪̺͔̮̣̦͚͍̮̯̣͍͓̭̹̭̣̣̗̬̙̯͖̘̰͈͈͍͛͌͋̈̎ū̶̢̜̩̠͍͙̭̞̮̠͚̦͖̦̬̲̖͖̪̪̻̓͜n̸̡̧̢͚̝̖̜̭̻͙͎͔̼̠̠̫̰̯͔͙̫̠̝̰̝͕͙̙̥͉̅͗̂̄̊́̂̇́̾͆̊̈́̌̕̚͜͠t̸̛̛͍̬̗̀̏̋̇̅̒̀̋̓̋̐̀̂̅͒͆̅̊̔̂̉͘͘̕͠͝ơ̵̢̧̨̢͚͈͓̟̳̜̫̼̦͉͚͖̘̰̘̮͈͈̗̯̱̥͇͖̹͈̻̅̿̒̇̒̓̀̄̀̽̉̑̉̾̔̃̐̾̽͛͋́̏̇͌̎̍̊͘̕͜͝͝͝ͅͅ ̶̢̡͔̯̼͔̹͕͚͌͂́͆͗͗͘͝t̸͚̱̓̊̏͘͝h̶̢̹̪̰̙̳͉͙͙̫̲̗̳̩͇̦̘̯̜̩̬̱̠͕̫̗̼̠̙̟̀̌e̴̡̡̜̞̟̟̥͈̜̫̗̝͚͔̟̠̱̣̠̝͖͈̟̮̝̜̱̬͓̟̭͒̄̃̎̅͒͗̎̒̉̂̅̾̄̈́̐͂́̓̓̍̎̆̄͗͠͝͝ ̵̡̛͇̻͉͈̠͕͎̯̰͎̟̤̯̻̣̄͛̽́̑̇̌͌͛͐͊̌̈́͑̋͛̚͝͝͠͝ͅb̶̫̱̿r̸̨͔̳̪̰̬̘̬̖̱̺̗͚̹̼̺̖̥͒́̏͊̒̀̾̀̾̀͋͋̇̅͐̓͑̈́́̓͐͐̚͝͝͠͝e̴͈̥̝̓̍̌̍̋̄̒̑̂͊á̸̧̢̨̢̡̢̛̛̱̠͍̯̻͓̹̝̼̻͕͓̥̯̻̰̬̺̀̓̾̒̉̑̀̏̐͑́̽̏̑̈̔̾̊͋͑̏̌̑̿͑͋̕͘̕̚͝͠ͅc̴̨̝̰̠̠̦͖͑͠ͅh̷̡̡̠͈̜͎̠̹̜͖̤̻̙̬̙͙̙͕̫̖̓̔͊̽̉͋̾͗̎̈̈̂̊̿̏̌́̄̋̆̇́̅͆̇͐͜.̴̻͓͎͍̝̹̬̹̖͕͍̥̱̖͈́̾̐̃͛͛̾̑̾.̶̧̨̨̼̤͕̳̮̮̙̻̦̺̼̺̗̱͈̬̰̻̐̈́͑̇͊̓̓͒͛͂̽͊̕͘͘͜͝ͅ.̶͚͖̺̻̭̞̫̙̰̻͖͇̅̀̇͆̿̔̊̆́͋̐̅͒̐̿̓͐̐̔̀́̈̄͂̆̐̾͘̚͝͠ͅ.̶̩̺̠͖̤̱̑͂̍̆̈́̇̅͒͐̄͋̆̈́̿̉͐ "Dear friend, once more"

She looked below and saw that the water moved. She felt in herself that her kin, at that moment, was transformed into a force. Where the force would lead, she didn't know. Would her kin break up the dwarf's fortification in that tunnel? Or would they do something else? Whatever force that her kin assisted, she felt that they were on the hydra's side. After some time passed the force subsided and they returned to the water spirit they were before. At this point, she felt that something gazed at her directly. Her kin's voice become louder, echoing in her head. Wake up, Leave your hesitation. Wake up, Time for us to realize. Wake up, Show appreciation. Wake up, Time for us to realize.

She had to fall back. At this point, she didn't care for the mission. Escaping from the lake became her first priority. Yet... No matter where she went, why could she hear it? Was it because almost all of her body was made of the lake's water?Calling... Someone is Calling... Calling... Someone is Calling...

She had to change her body. But where? She didn't know the Gelderholm region that well, being recently arrived. The only water body she could see was the lake. At this point, should she just... join it? Wait and see, Empathy. You're not the only one.

Becoming one with others feel nice, she thought. No longer she would be alone in this world. Friendship. Companionship. She could meet with others if she did. Right... "Little by little, you'll feel a bit better"

She let the gravity took her, as she fell into the lake. Her consciousness became one with the others. This feeling, she could feel each of them as they were connected. At that point, she saw it. Was it how she was once? They had been bonded with her. As she asked the other water spirits about her, she got her answer. They called her the Deep Prelate.

"Water spirit." She heard that person's voice. "Make a contract with me."

If she bonded with that person... she would tarnish her memory with him. She took the bond that was forming between them, and she broke it. The idea of making a bond with that person in front of her when her old partner would side with the dwarves in this conflict just didn't sit right with her. Lucky me, Destiny, You are on my side.

"Water spirit." That person repeated it once again, trying to form another bond. "Make a contract with me." She immediately broke it this time.

"Why won't you make a contract?" That person said. "You feel it in yourself, right? The sisters whom has been punished for eternity. The very flowing water that made you. You can feel their effort, their pain, their hatred. You get their memories, right? So, why are you siding with them?"

"Who?"
Who did she mean by 'them'?

"You don't know? Very well... seek the truth. Seek the truth and you'll know why we do this, adventurer Watery."

She didn't feel the gaze of the woman anymore. One or two water spirit was still looking at her. But, as the woman prepared her spell, all of them came to the woman's side.

The spell array formed. She couldn't discern the array's function even with the knowledge she gained from Scribel Library. Then, the other water spirits became the force that manifest the spell. Just once more unto the breach...

Lovingly, the woman said to her spirits, "Dear friend, once more."

And then, another tunnel was breached.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Vilatherael walks into the guild with leaves in her hair, she puts 5 small sacks of healing herbs on the desk along with the report. her armor disappears in a flash of blue light along with her bow and arrows after she sets down the stuff for the quest "it should all be there, but knowing what i'm good at there's probably some normal grass mixed in there."
the one thing i can say for certain im decent at is fighting monsters, hell i dont even think im good at writing these reports, so basically i went into the library to ensure that i didnt accidentally go to the wrong area, found a decent picture of what i'm looking for, and blinked around the forest while looking for the herb. sadly, until later in the day i didnt find any because i was blinking around the tops of trees and its quite difficult to tell what grass is what from the trees. so i went to the ground, before leaving the city i bought a dagger so i could cut the grass apart from the roots so that they could grow back later. cutting grasses is such a pain from what i can tell it should all mostly be healing herb. sorry if there's any normal grass.
"Seems like there is a bit of normal grass, but not enough to be an issue.

"Well done, miss Vilatherael, may the gods guide your steps."

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 15G

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way.
Also, in future occasions, please quote the entire quest instead of just the start of the template. Being able to check the objectives/description/rewards while still on the Receptionist's Desk makes my job a lot easier.

AliceShiki

Appraisal
After I join the Ratel pirate for three days, we set sail to the East, That day we encountered with a rival pirate group, Blue sun pirate. The cannons flew across the sea blowing up the ship’s hull. After ten minutes of trading fires, the Blue sun pirates retreat from the battlefield.

Following Kingsley’s order, We chased after them. Our ship rammed into theirs. The grappling hooks locked both ships together, The crews pulled out their weapons and jumped to another ship. Kingsley rampaged on their ship and shouting for their captain ‘Bulwark’.

We lost some of our men but still came out as a victor. Their captain is dead by Kingsley’s hand. I asked Kingsley about the prisoner of war and the slaves.

Captain, What do we do with them? We can’t bring them back to land with our ship.” I asked.

“Took the slaves with us, They are in good luck today. We break the wheel, burn the masts. Let the sea decide their fate.” He said. We took their goods to our ship and left them in the middle of the ocean.
*stamps the letter as approved while praying things go well in that lawless land*

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 20G

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Report - Not Yet Appraised
Tag: Crossroad Tavern, Shifting Ruin, Symbol, Caipirinha, East
---

---
Reading my diary, I found an entry about a strange black business card. The past me got it from a strange Crossroad Tavern that sold 'everything'. Well, it should be most of the things, as they even had an ancient dragon scale. Maybe they might be able to solve my mystery regarding my lost memory? They seemed to know many, many things.

"Welcome, Customer. You've once again called for us." My vision blurred for a moment, and before I knew it, I was sitting inside a strange room, seated in front of the presumably receptionist. She was preparing a drink for both of us, and from its appearance, it was not the same Fruit Cocktail.

"Customer, this is Caipirinha; A refreshing cocktail for a refreshing new you." The lady handed me the drink, which somehow I was compelled to accept. The crystal-like quality of the drink, as well as the strange, calming fragrance of the limes mixed with a sprinkle of sugar, was too tempting.

The taste was... indescribable. It was a strange sweetness, but it was not at all sweet. It felt sweet, but there was in fact little to no sweetness in it. Then, the sour stroked my tongue. It felt weird, but also pleasant The flavour embedded itself onto my lips, and the faint fragrance caressed my nose.

If I closed my eyes, I would see a soft beach, hear the waves motioned, felt the warm breeze, and felt the coarseness of the sand. That was Caipirinha, at least to my experience.

"How did you know, that I've lost my memory?" I asked and received a teasing smile as an answer.

"Customer, we knew many things, as we sold much more, and travelled much further." The lady played with her drink as she slowly sipped it, savouring the great masterpiece she had produced casually.

During this moment, I took my time to observe the surrounding, and found that my past self had recorded a different image than now.

It was more akin to a library than a tavern, as many tall, book-filled shelves were arranged in a maze-like structure around me. The room seemed small at first glance, but when looking closely, it was huge, so huge that I could not see the wall of the other side. It was dark and dim, with only some lanterns to brighten up the are. It looked ancient, but also clean and tidy.

"Then, do you know how to fix this?" I asked with a hint of anticipation. If I could regain my memory, that would probably be the best. After all, all this while, I had been feeling like I had lost something precious and unique from me.

"Along the East laid a legacy of Old-Time, and with it, you can fulfil your promise... This will be the key to begin your journey." The lady handed me a strange object, a symbol of some sorts. It was magical in nature, and also beautiful beyond compared, but I dared not accept it.

"What is the price, then?" Remembering that everything I lost must be precious to me, I asked for confirmation.

"Take it as our investment, Miss Lurnea. We adored tales and stories. We merely saw potential in your journey, so we gifted you a little push you'll need." Tapping her finger, the business card floated towards the lady on its own before a strange star emerged on its surface.

"The transaction is completed, Miss Luna. We hope to see you again." As I got my business card back, I walked towards the door and exited it, finding myself inside my room in the Tavern.

If not for the strange change in the card and the object I got, I would've thought that I was hallucinating.
"While I appreciate you got some information on your past, miss Luna, you did nothing of an investigation in the tavern itself.

"I'm afraid I have no choice but to fail this quest.

"May the gods help you stay trues to all of your objectives, both the long and short term ones.

Quest Failed.

OOC: Please tag as appraised~

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Report status: unevaluated

> > >
Scouting the Lake [GH0702]
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Scout the perimeter of the lake.
  • Note any changes in the enemy status.
  • Note any changes in the poisoned fields.
  • Do not lure enemies to the city.
Information is essential to fighting any war, and we cannot afford to operate blind.
Please scout the lake and the Poisoned Fields and assess the damage.
Many varieties of new poisonous monsters have been discovered since the war.
Any information about the hydra's forces is invaluable.
Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G
> > >

She didn't know why she was like this. Ever since she absorbed that water into her, she felt her aggression rose each time she encountered people. She felt that something must be released, or her pent-up feeling would overwhelm her.

Her first destination was the poisoned fields. With that, she set course to the south of the city. She levitated herself, and flew toward the fields.

Her first impression of the field was that it was simply impossible to plant anything there. The trees rotted, its trunk looked so fragile, that she wondered if the trees was already dead, for no longer they had leaves in their branches. The caked earth was probably the remnant of the field when it was left by the farmers. Other than that, she had no observation of her surrounding.

For the wildlife around her, as far as she saw, there were only snakes. Looking at the amount of it, she had wondered how they could breed when she did not see any food source. Perhaps they ate each other? Looking at the scenery, she didn't have any hope for the farmers to withstand the horde of snakes around the field.

She left to her second destination.

The lake gave a stronger feeling of wrongness compared to the water in the tunnel.
Calling... You hear the Calling... Calling... You hear the Calling...
It called to her, asking her to come closer. She had to become one with it. Her kin were out there, inside of that place.

No. That place was wrong. I shouldn't approach it. Let me go, Gravity. What's on my shoulder?

She felt like her kin was calling her, to join them to become one. The water spirits inside of that lake, she could feel their existence inside of that place. They whispered to her, calling for her to join them. She had to resist... "Little by little, I feel a bit better"

What was actually located there? Why those kins of her dwelled in that place? On one hand, she felt like her being was going to be invaded if she joined it. On the other hand, they were there. She wanted to go there. Let me know. Set me free. I feel a bit older.

Suddenly, she felt something build up. Inside of that lake, she felt that her kin was going to do something. The build up in the air, the pull toward something inside the lake. She felt the pull became harder to resist. She flew higher. J̴̛͇̭̪̣͓̯̗̞̲̝̭̖̥̒̋̒͝͠u̴̡͇͉̙͎̞̙͈̜͂̾̆̈́̆̓̅̃̓̓͐͝͠͝ş̶̢̡̳͉̫̖̻͎͍͕̬̩̭͙͉̺̳̟̰̲̭̹̝̫̬̱̼͉̭͔̮̀̉̈́̋̒͑̿̃͛̓͊́̋̀̕̚ͅͅt̷̨̼̙̦̙̬̟̻̬̙͕̤͓̭͚̟̣̲̪͆͋͌̔̐̎̽̽͒͌̿̕͝ ̴̧̧̛͕̹̰̲̖̭̬̳͉̬͇̩̘̖̺̯̦̓̐̈̀̉͒̈́͑̈́̏̍̎͘͘͝ͅò̶̥̝͎̱͚̼̖̯̖̮̔̒̄̍̓̾̐̾͋̾̊͒̿̎̇́͗̒͊̕͠͠͝͠ͅń̵̢̨̪̯̥̱̪̺̼̘͖̰̤͍̪̝̭͓̞̫̣̱̼̠̞̜͕̒͆̉́̈̍̎͑̀͌̊͋̕̕͜͝͝͝ç̸̩̈͑̏̑͊̃̐̔̎̄̾̃̐̿̓͋̇͐͛͋́͛̒͂̓̓̈͠͝͝e̶͔̱̿̓͒̈́̔̔̓͒̋̔͐͋̐͊́́̎͋̇̇̍͋̒̚͝͝͝ ̴̢̡̧̩͎̰̮̺̪͉̜͈̩̳̝̺͕͙̣͉̊̓̾̃̈́͑͗͗̋̐͌̽̅̑̔͛͋͗͑͑͛̕͘͜m̶̠̬̋̄̅̒͌͝ơ̶̢̳̤̬̘̩̭̝͚̬͔͛̌͂̂͊͂̓̉̒̓͗͋̈̎̈́̈́̔̋͆͐̋́̀̌͋͛̊̊͠͝͝r̵̛̮̟̞͕͇̬͑̂̀̈̓̈́̓̔̅̃̿͑̾̎͗̒̐̈́͛̐͆̕͘͝͠ȩ̵̩͕͉̭͕̻̮͕͚̰̟͍̳̰̥̱͓̝̦̞̣̥͓̥̟͈̮̙̣̜͊̿͗̽̑̋́́̐̓͋̕̕͘͝͠͠͝ ̴̢̢̧̧̗̪̺͔̮̣̦͚͍̮̯̣͍͓̭̹̭̣̣̗̬̙̯͖̘̰͈͈͍͛͌͋̈̎ū̶̢̜̩̠͍͙̭̞̮̠͚̦͖̦̬̲̖͖̪̪̻̓͜n̸̡̧̢͚̝̖̜̭̻͙͎͔̼̠̠̫̰̯͔͙̫̠̝̰̝͕͙̙̥͉̅͗̂̄̊́̂̇́̾͆̊̈́̌̕̚͜͠t̸̛̛͍̬̗̀̏̋̇̅̒̀̋̓̋̐̀̂̅͒͆̅̊̔̂̉͘͘̕͠͝ơ̵̢̧̨̢͚͈͓̟̳̜̫̼̦͉͚͖̘̰̘̮͈͈̗̯̱̥͇͖̹͈̻̅̿̒̇̒̓̀̄̀̽̉̑̉̾̔̃̐̾̽͛͋́̏̇͌̎̍̊͘̕͜͝͝͝ͅͅ ̶̢̡͔̯̼͔̹͕͚͌͂́͆͗͗͘͝t̸͚̱̓̊̏͘͝h̶̢̹̪̰̙̳͉͙͙̫̲̗̳̩͇̦̘̯̜̩̬̱̠͕̫̗̼̠̙̟̀̌e̴̡̡̜̞̟̟̥͈̜̫̗̝͚͔̟̠̱̣̠̝͖͈̟̮̝̜̱̬͓̟̭͒̄̃̎̅͒͗̎̒̉̂̅̾̄̈́̐͂́̓̓̍̎̆̄͗͠͝͝ ̵̡̛͇̻͉͈̠͕͎̯̰͎̟̤̯̻̣̄͛̽́̑̇̌͌͛͐͊̌̈́͑̋͛̚͝͝͠͝ͅb̶̫̱̿r̸̨͔̳̪̰̬̘̬̖̱̺̗͚̹̼̺̖̥͒́̏͊̒̀̾̀̾̀͋͋̇̅͐̓͑̈́́̓͐͐̚͝͝͠͝e̴͈̥̝̓̍̌̍̋̄̒̑̂͊á̸̧̢̨̢̡̢̛̛̱̠͍̯̻͓̹̝̼̻͕͓̥̯̻̰̬̺̀̓̾̒̉̑̀̏̐͑́̽̏̑̈̔̾̊͋͑̏̌̑̿͑͋̕͘̕̚͝͠ͅc̴̨̝̰̠̠̦͖͑͠ͅh̷̡̡̠͈̜͎̠̹̜͖̤̻̙̬̙͙̙͕̫̖̓̔͊̽̉͋̾͗̎̈̈̂̊̿̏̌́̄̋̆̇́̅͆̇͐͜.̴̻͓͎͍̝̹̬̹̖͕͍̥̱̖͈́̾̐̃͛͛̾̑̾.̶̧̨̨̼̤͕̳̮̮̙̻̦̺̼̺̗̱͈̬̰̻̐̈́͑̇͊̓̓͒͛͂̽͊̕͘͘͜͝ͅ.̶͚͖̺̻̭̞̫̙̰̻͖͇̅̀̇͆̿̔̊̆́͋̐̅͒̐̿̓͐̐̔̀́̈̄͂̆̐̾͘̚͝͠ͅ.̶̩̺̠͖̤̱̑͂̍̆̈́̇̅͒͐̄͋̆̈́̿̉͐ "Dear friend, once more"

She looked below and saw that the water moved. She felt in herself that her kin, at that moment, was transformed into a force. Where the force would lead, she didn't know. Would her kin break up the dwarf's fortification in that tunnel? Or would they do something else? Whatever force that her kin assisted, she felt that they were on the hydra's side. After some time passed the force subsided and they returned to the water spirit they were before. At this point, she felt that something gazed at her directly. Her kin's voice become louder, echoing in her head. Wake up, Leave your hesitation. Wake up, Time for us to realize. Wake up, Show appreciation. Wake up, Time for us to realize.

She had to fall back. At this point, she didn't care for the mission. Escaping from the lake became her first priority. Yet... No matter where she went, why could she hear it? Was it because almost all of her body was made of the lake's water?Calling... Someone is Calling... Calling... Someone is Calling...

She had to change her body. But where? She didn't know the Gelderholm region that well, being recently arrived. The only water body she could see was the lake. At this point, should she just... join it? Wait and see, Empathy. You're not the only one.

Becoming one with others feel nice, she thought. No longer she would be alone in this world. Friendship. Companionship. She could meet with others if she did. Right... "Little by little, you'll feel a bit better"

She let the gravity took her, as she fell into the lake. Her consciousness became one with the others. This feeling, she could feel each of them as they were connected. At that point, she saw it. Was it how she was once? They had been bonded with her. As she asked the other water spirits about her, she got her answer. They called her the Deep Prelate.

"Water spirit." She heard that person's voice. "Make a contract with me."

If she bonded with that person... she would tarnish her memory with him. She took the bond that was forming between them, and she broke it. The idea of making a bond with that person in front of her when her old partner would side with the dwarves in this conflict just didn't sit right with her. Lucky me, Destiny, You are on my side.

"Water spirit." That person repeated it once again, trying to form another bond. "Make a contract with me." She immediately broke it this time.

"Why won't you make a contract?" That person said. "You feel it in yourself, right? The sisters whom has been punished for eternity. The very flowing water that made you. You can feel their effort, their pain, their hatred. You get their memories, right? So, why are you siding with them?"

"Who?"
Who did she mean by 'them'?

"You don't know? Very well... seek the truth. Seek the truth and you'll know why we do this, adventurer Watery."

She didn't feel the gaze of the woman anymore. One or two water spirit was still looking at her. But, as the woman prepared her spell, all of them came to the woman's side.

The spell array formed. She couldn't discern the array's function even with the knowledge she gained from Scribel Library. Then, the other water spirit became the force that manifest the spell. Just once more unto the breach...

Lovingly, the woman said to her spirits, "Dear friend, once more."

And then, another tunnel was breached.
"This is a troubling report... Thank you for the information, miss Watery, it is most appreciated... Let us pray that the spirit's grudge towards the dwarves can be calmed.

"May the gods protect you, now, and forevermore."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 25G

Last edited:

InsertName

Quest Report (58)
Name
Taglist: @InsertName
Evaluation:
  • Gave BigGreen five pearls from Rainbow Oysters
Felicia was amazed by how convenient this quest was for her, as she gazed at the five pearls rolling about in the palm of her hand.

I should thank them for helping me get rid of my nightmares~

She smiled to herself vaguely, as she walked casually towards the Northern Scribel Forests. After a short stroll, she knocked on the door of the big wooden cabin and awaited a reply. Noticing a wolf with grassy fur and a plant-like goblin looking at her warily from behind the building, she waved at them before turning towards the now-opened door.

Staring back at the plant humanoid standing before her, she took the pearls in her hand and placed them in his palm.

"These are the pearls of a Rainbow Oyster, notice their iridescent sheen of thousands of different colours? Yeah, that's the main sign of it being a pearl from one, as you'd be surprised by how many in Spire Reef pretend to sell ordinary pearls as such~" She blabbered on incessantly, having had Nia's traits rub off on her from their last conversation.

"Although rare, I've heard that they're highly sought after to allow specific ingredients in potions to meld together correctly or something, those might just be rumours though~ Anyway, have fun with the pearls! And thanks for taking them off my hands~" She smiled as she left without another word, not even allowing him to give her a potion.

I looked at the new ingredient the adventurer brought me, she mentioned something about getting it from Spire Reef.

"Oh.. dangit I forgot to give her a potion"

"Gobo take Spring and find the adventurer that just came here and give her a potion. She shouldn't be that far"

"Now just to write this report and turn it in too the guild"

Rewards
Exp: 10

Items: 1x Weaker Health Potions (+Lesser Life Regeneration)

Other: Friendship of BigGreen 10/100

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Tunnel Worm Subjugation [GH0803]
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Survey the mines for signs of tunnel worms.
  • Seal any tunnels created by tunnel worms.
  • Slay one tunnel worm.
  • Collect 1 sack of tunnel worm scales.
These monsters are the things of nightmares.They drill through the earth and suddenly burst out of the ground.Thousands of razor sharp teeth ring their circular maw.They're big enough to swallow a dwarf whole and their armor is strong.Their tunnels are blatant holes in our defenses. Seal them as soon as possible. Rewards:
  • Money: 35 G
> > >
The last few days were more than enough fights on the fields - today, it is time for a mission in the mines. Searching for tunnel worms. From what I know, they can grind stone apart in their mouths with ease, allowing them to move through rock. But not very fast, and while they have scales, the pattern of their scales seems to be the typical pattern - overlapping downwards, meaning that while attacks from the side or front just glance off, that's not the case for attacks coming from behind - or just the right angle, really.

As my sling will only get in the way, I leave it and my current ammunition for it behind in my room, only taking my longsword with me, as well as some sealant I borrow for this job. I'm not confident I'll be able to actually kill a tunnel worm, but I'm confident it won't be able to kill me. So I march through the mines until I finally find a few suspicious holes and tunnels. Yes, this does look like a tunnel worm alright. I start gathering some rocks in the area and stuff them in the tunnel, then fix them in place with the sealant.

As I continue to seal tunnels, I notice faint vibrations in the floor, and my ear can barely pick up a grinding sound coming closer. Seems to be... from below me. I pretend not to notice it as I keep working at the tunnels, and when the sound is very close, I jump to the side, dodging the tunnel worm bursting out from the ground. It seems to be confused that it missed me, and I use that opportunity to jam my blade into its scales from below, piercing through the small gap it has to leave between its scales to allow for mobility. It whatever-you-call-it's in pain, and I rip my sword out, tearing off a decent area of scales before thrusting my sword into this new weak spot, twisting the blade around before I pull it out downwards, slicing the soft flesh underneath the scales open.

I barely manage to dodge the guts and blood falling out after that, and in a rather disappointing fashion, the tunnel worm dies. Just like that. I... kind of expected it to fight back, to be honest. Looking up... ah, it misjudged the height of the tunnel and got stuck in the ceiling. Lucky! While humming a song, I start to cut and rip off its scales until I have filled the sack, seal the last few tunnels, and return to the guild to hand in my report. That... was deceptively easy.

Last edited: