Himekawa

appraised

> > >

Flower of the Blood Fields [GH0802]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Scouting the Lake
  • Search the Blood Fields near the lake at twilight.
  • Collect 1 Blood Flower.
  • Do not lure any enemies back to the city.
  • Note: Limit 1 quest per week
Poison. It's everywhere. You've seen it turn limbs purple and rot flesh from inside.
Ordinary antidotes aren't the most effective against Bloodbane venom.
In the Blood Fields, there is one flower only grows in the toxic earth.
It blooms at twilight and is extremely rare to find.
If you can find one, it might save someone's life.
Rewards:
  • Money: 80 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Watery stood alone in the sky above the lake. She could feel her brethren still assaulting the fortification the dwarves made, as she associated the surge to that woman's spell circle. How many tunnel would fall after the day end she didn't know. Hopefully the dwarves could mitigate their attack.

They still called for her to join them. She resisted. Her target was the blood flower. As the sky began to turn into dusk, she began to search.

The flower which only bloomed at twilight was pretty easy to be seen when it was the only flower. Not to mention, it was the only thing that bloomed while everything rotted. Because of that, she immediately swooped it in from above and return.

Last edited:

Bochi

Title: Oni check
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 10
Objectives: Find the rough power level of an oni and their abilities.
Rewards:
EXP:
Money: 55
"We accidentally ended up doing this quest on the way, so here you go."

(Arial font - Ellania, Georgia font - Felicia)
"I snagged a quest on the way out, by the way. Not that I'm asking for help in particular, but it's a charming mountain with a charming history. The report's somewhat due anyway, so I figured I might as well since we're swinging by the place for skydiving anyway. You'll probably really like this quaint little place."

Giggling smugly, Ellania swept her way through the sky, her wings flapping harder to support the weight of two people. She was thinking of going by land at first, until the Qliphat realized that her travelling companion probably would not relish being lost in the wild for over a week. So she went with the flying option from the start, carrying Felicia as well.

"Ah, I think you'll be able to see it from this distance---that mountain that goes up and up, even past the clouds? That's where we're headed to."

Felicia slowly began re-thinking her life decisions at this point, as the lady with a pair of fallen angel wings glided peacefully in the sky with her in her arms.

How... did things get to this point? Someone, please tell me...

She thought exasperatedly, as the great Beastman Mountain gradually appeared over the horizon.

Of all places to skydive from...

Reluctantly accepting her fate, she used the strangeness of the whole situation to calm her mind. Afterall, the longer she was distracted, the less she'd have to think about what she'd done.

Gazing over the tall plains and the wild savannah they swiftly passed through, she must admit it was quite breath-taking seeing everything from an aerial view. Wild beasts eyed their flying figure warily, whilst the silver-haired maiden holding onto her swerved around the few trees dotting the savannah.

"...What's your name?" She called out suddenly, barely preventing a fly from entering her mouth as she spoke.

"Hmm?"

Ellania swerved midair to avoid running right into a rather tall tree, then swooped to pass under a low-hanging branch over a small lake, laughing as she did. She then regained their former altitude, her wings lifting them back higher.

"Oh! I haven't actually given you my name, have I? Sorry, that's completely my bad. I'm Ellania, but feel free to shorten my name if it'll make it easier to remember, haha~"

As the pair suddenly swooped and swerved over their surroundings, her feet being roughly grazed by prickly leaves, Felicia sighed once again.

Why did I entrust my life to this daredevil... Will I even make it back alive? Well, even if I don't, I suppose that could be one way for me to pay for my sins...

She thought gloomily, before listening to Ellania's reply. "No worries Nia, I never told you my name either... I'm Felicia. It's... nice to meet you." She responded calmly, devoid of the usual polite friendliness she always had.

"What, so I'm a cat nyaow? Very well, I'll allow it nya~ And listen to that sheer amount of enthusiasm in your voice, it simply gives people listening the chills, nyahaha~"

Giggling as she teased her passenger, Ellania rolled over midair such that she was flying on her back, and Felicia was now above her.

"Nya, nya, nya~ Still moody about our talk earlier? Nyavermind, I'll see what I can do to pull you out of it nya. Assuming we don't have an accident while nyadiving, but again, accidents nyare a part of life, nyesu! I think we'll be great friends, Cia~"

Bewildered by her sudden kitten-like nature, giving her minor flashbacks to the murder of Lila, she only just realized what her nickname sounded like. The faint ghost of a smile graced her face, before quickly disappearing like the wind.

"...It suits you." She commented simply, her mood slightly uplifted.

Suddenly, just as she was thinking good things about her flight partner, they suddenly did a position swap, with Nia flapping her wings beneath her.

"What. Are. You. Doing!" She yelled, before realizing she was somehow still safe flying in the air.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she continued warning after a pause. "At the very least, keep looking straight forward!"

Great friends huh?... Felicia thought to herself solemnly, remaining silent despite the other's clear enthusiasm.

"Nyathing like some fancy tricks mid-flight to secure the bonds of friendship, nya~ Of course, if I mess up accidentally then we'll probably fall to our nyeaths, but nyet just makes it all the more nyxciting, nyo?"

Nodding wisely as if she'd just said something profound, Ellania righted her flying posture once more. Now she was sitting in a cross-legged position like how one might lounge about on an imaginary chair, and Felicia was left sitting upright on her lap as well.

Although Felicia had many questions about her choice of explanation, she definitely had to disagree with the 'securing bonds' side of things, because if anything, the thing she felt the least right about now was security!

Not even surprised at this point, Felicia just passively watched as Nia swapped positions once again, this time into a strange sitting position with her in her lap. Although a little uncomfortable, she was more preoccupied with how comical her new companion appeared as she soared through the air in her awkward position.

"It's true. One needs adversity to grow, but too much of it will break anybody! A mistake is only a lesson when you learn something valuable from it, otherwise, it's nothing but excess burden. And when you finally reached your destination, that's when you should look back and think deeply into it, not before. The strongest of shields will not protect a person from themselves. But that's enough depressing stuff---time for a tongue twister! Repeat after me!"

Despite her intent, it didn't go as smoothly as expected.

"Nyanyame nyanyajyuunyanya-do no nyarabi de nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame~?” (Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?)

Mildly amused, Felicia was then suddenly startled as Ellania descended into a great philosophical talk, most likely in an attempt to comfort her. Watching her swap between moods so suddenly was fun to watch, even when she excitedly introduced a random tongue-twister from out of nowhere.

Deciding to play along for a bit, she briefly attempted playing her little game.

"Nyan nyan nyanyan jooyanya-do no nyanya de nyanyunyaku inyanku nyanyan nyanyaday nyannaku nyalabenya ganyagame~?"

She nya'd as well as she could, mimicking Ellania's changing tone and syllables with an odd seriousness. Her voice was naturally a bit more mellow and deep than Nia's, hence it sounded a little strange coming from her.

Not wanting to be teased by this crazy daredevil, she quickly asked a sudden question.

"A-Anyway, look, the mountain's right there, we should be passing through that watery veil soon right?"

"Ah, you're right. We'll be going up a little bit more, where the air is much thinner, so be sure to take deep breaths until we reach the city!"

Saying thus she started ascending, slowly building up for that last push into the city above the clouds. In order to do that, Ellania reverted to proper flying position once more whilst keeping a firm hand onto Felicia.

It would be fun to accidentally let my hand slip and then catch her before the bottom --- naw, let's not. I'll never hear the end of it.

Thus, with that wicked thought kept solely to herself, Ellania went back to the task at hand, which was to safely carry Felicia to the destination...and frowned whilst taking her own advice. There was a weird smell in the air.

"Say, Cia..."

Her voice took on a more serious note.

"...Is it just me, or do you smell ashes as well?"

Nodding at her words, she braced herself for the ascension, feeling a frigid sense of weightlessness as they rose. The cold air tickled her skin as she was hoisted into Nia's arms again. She was slightly surprised by Ellania's sudden no-nonsense attitude, before hearing her next few words.

Immediately, her face dissolved into a serious frown as she sniffed the air. The tell-tale murky stench of ash and fire assaulted her nose from afar. "Yeah...quick, let's go investigate." She patted the arms holding her, signalling her to raise her speed.

"Hold on tight. Don't bite your tongue."

Diving downwards, Ellania allowed herself to build up some momentum before her single pair of wings beat once more, pulling the two into a straight glide as they got nearer and nearer to the mountain. The Qliphat, looking around urgently, spotted the column of smoke rising into the air, and her frown got deeper. She pricked her ears up, straining to hear any possible sounds.

Nothing registered yet, but another few hundred metres later, the first sounds carried by the wind made itself known. The ringing of metal on metal, shouting, and as they drew even closer, the crackling of flames. Ellania tensed.

"It's the Oni. Sorry, Cia, but it looks like our skydiving plans will have to wait a little."

*****​

Nodding wordlessly, Felicia held onto Nia firmly as they dove rapidly towards the Beastman Mountain. After surveying the area cautiously, the familiar sound of battle and raging fire rung in both their ears simultaneously.

"No problem. It's those monsters you wrote about in your reports right? Aim for the head? Watch out for their speed despite their bulkiness? Some can turn invisible?" She inquired as each memory popped up, as the sight of blue skin was briefly revealed amidst the bubbling smoke of burning buildings.

"Let's go." She responded solemnly, silently not mentioning the fact that it was reported that the Oni fed on negative emotions.

Hah... Just try and kill me.

She thought to herself with an eerie confidence, oblivious to the madness that had arisen in her heart since that day.

"Hmm? My reports? I don't recall ever writing any of those in them...well, nevermind. But that invisibility thing is new. Bah! We'll deal with the problems as they arise! Ikuyo!"

Going in for a quick landing, Ellania simply exited flight mode over an oni, knocking the blue-skinned monster into the ground whilst ensuring that her passenger was not hurt by that stunt. She got into combat stance, pulling out two purple sword constructs and holding one in each hand as she did a quick glance of the surroundings.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry, I don't know why I suddenly thought you were an old friend of mine... must be my sentimental emotions getting the better of me." Felicia chuckled dryly, co-operating with her driver's landing procedure by kicking the oni in the back of its head as it fell to the ground.

After a short roll on the floor to alleviate her momentum, she immediately drew her enchanted blade, her prized weapon which she hadn't used in over a year, and sliced the fallen beast's head. Unfortunately, perhaps due to a mix of underestimating the monster's toughness, and her lack of combat experience as of late, she failed to cleanly slice it's head off.

"What a mess. This place is too far away from the river, but any time now---"

Ellania was interrupted by the sound of a horn, a loud blast that echoed through the forest. No doubt everyone in the mountain's range heard it.

"...Ten minutes. We just have to hold them back for ten minutes and reinforcements will be here. I'd like to look for survivors, but I don't think there's any around."

The Qliphat growled.

"Or we could kill most of them and send the rest packing."

"Tch." Felicia grumbled to herself as she listened to Nia's explanation of the warning horn, which she had blocked out earlier to concentrate on her strike.

Leaping to the side, as the oni lunged towards her, this time she let her mana flow into her sword before slicing its neck into two cleanly, her blade glowing a familiar icy blue before it dispersed with the wind. Swinging her sword to be rid of the monster's blood, she looked towards her companion with a strange twinkle in her usually dead eyes.

"How about both?" She vaguely smiled, as a lust for battle and bloodshed shook her body, despite a part of her still managing to convince her to search for survivors.

It took Ellania no time at all to come to a conclusion.

"Both it is. In the wake of the attacks, the number one priority when getting raided is to sound the horn and alert the city of an attack. If there are any survivors, they'd be making their way over to where that horn originated. We'll stand a better chance getting more out alive if we rendezvous with them there."

As she talked the constructs in her hand grew more detailed, and took on more solid hues as opposed to their initial translucent forms. Then the girl kicked out at what appeared to be thin air --- there was a pained grunt as the blue humanoid monster revealed itself, and she followed up with a stab right in the face. The blade cracked as it sank in deep, but Ellania shoved the oni backwards and clenched her empty hand.

The oni went down with a loud pop and stopped moving. A replacement blade was already taking form as Ellania started briskly walking forward.

"Let's go! I think the horn originated somewhere from this side!"

"I see, we should hurry over then!" Felicia responded excitedly, immediately turning towards the horn's source after silently thanking her companion for the explanation and logical deduction of events.

"Ah, your signature move I see." She commented as she watched her deal with the invisible threat whilst dealing with one of her own, before marching forth warily yet hastily with Nia.

"It's at times like these where I wish I had the power to control water freely, would make these invisible Oni a lot less difficult to deal with whilst also not costing me much in terms of mana." She grumbled, before summoning an icy mist with a ring of fire to circle around each of them, making it easier to spot the invisible Oni from afar.

"Ah, right, water and mist leaves traces when something touches them...you might be onto something there. Good thinking, Cia. You might have just reduced the number of casualties in further attacks."

Felicia blinked a few times at her companion's sudden praise. "Well, I just kinda came up with it on the spot to be honest, glad to hear it'd help though." She replied casually, her attention not really focused on the conversation.

Fortunately, most of the ones Felicia had to deal with were all brawn and no brains, not even trying to go invisible as she blasted their heads off with fire. After being slightly separated from Elianna due to fighting separate enemies, Felicia faintly heard the sound of a child crying from a tall burning building close by, which was unfortunately also surrounded by a group of Oni.

Kicking the feet out from an attacking Oni before jumping on it's shoulders and using her legs to wrestle it into the floor, Ellania caught a firm hold of the monster's head and gave it a sharp jerk to the side. With a snap it was rendered immobile, and she wasted no time taking off it's head. Another one down.

She rejoined Felicia and stared at the same building, noting the number of Oni.

"Hey, do you think you can distract those guys for me for a bit? For at least a minute, maybe five." She inquired, studying the tower-like building with a frown.

"Consider it done. I'll buy you six minutes and twenty-seven seconds. Go."

There was a large translucent orb in her hand which was growing ever larger, and when it reached the size she wanted Ellania flung it towards the area where more of them were, following closely behind it herself.

"That's more than enough time, alright, see you in a bit." She said farewell briefly as she dove straight into the burning building through a broken window, tearing a piece from her dress to cover her nose and mouth. She coated herself in a thin layer of ice just in case, even though she had a high resistance to temperature changes due to her contradictory powers.

It was difficult to navigate through the ruined building, as flames and smog covered her vision like an impenetrable haze. Climbing over and through some ruined furniture and walls, she finally reached the dilapidated staircase, which was half-torn off at the bottom, leaving a gaping hole straight to the house's basement. Unfortunately, what she wanted was to go up, not down.

Extinguishing the flames on a nearby sofa chair, she hauled it over and froze the air above it, giving her just enough height to haul herself atop the broken staircase's upper half. Just avoiding a falling piece of burning debris from the sky, she hurried over towards the weakening cries coming from a small room at the end of the hallway.

A little girl with black bunny ears and teary green eyes was stuck beneath a small pile of debris, the main source of which being the door that had collapsed on her. Still crying weakly, Felicia quickly rescued the girl from her burning prison and cooled her wounds with ice as she searched for an exit. Finding herself surrounded by burning debris that had fallen whilst she was freeing the little bunny, with the fire spreading closer to where she stood, she found herself with no choice but to jump out a broken wall onto the streets below.

Well, a few broken bones couldn't hurt right?

Okay, who was she kidding. Taking in a deep breath she yelled:

"NIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

On her end, Ellania had picked a fight with six Oni. But she wasn't nearly stupid enough to fight all of them at once, which was why she'd done what she did --- as the massive purple ball rolled towards a cluster of three Oni, the closest one lifted a club to whack it. She didn't wait for it to do that.

*Boom*

At her signal the massive ball fragmented to hundreds of pieces, blasting out in a form of rudimentary shrapnel, not that she expected it to work like that. Perhaps the ones closest to it would get some cuts, but that was not why she went to the trouble of making it.

"Got you!"

No, her purpose was to use the explosion of shards as a smokescreen, and her blade shattered after sweeping true, striking off a head from the neck stump before vanishing. The first oni fell to the floor dead even before the smoke was allowed to clear, and the Qliphat rushed to engage the other two.

When the smoke settled, restoring vision to normal, three headless bodies lay across the floor. Ellania clutched the arm which she'd taken a glancing blow briefly with in order to kill the second, and wasted no time lunging for the isolated fourth.

It charged and pinned her by her weapon against the wall, so Ellania kicked it right in the crown jewels. As the monster shrieked in pain she slugged it into the floor, and hacked it's head off, laughing while short of breath.

"Two more!"

She pulled out her rapier, and charged to meet them.

*****​

The last two oni toppled over just as she sheathed her rapier, and before she could pause to catch her breath, Ellania heard her name being shouting, and spotted the pair jumping out of the building from a higher level.

"Coming!"

Launching from a step right into a glide, the Qliphat did her best to catch them in time, and when that proved impossible she quickly positioned herself so that she would be able to cushion the two with her own body.

Unfortunately, that calculation of hers came true.

"Nyaow!"

Even though Felicia wasn't anticipating an actual rescue despite her instinctive yell for help, an actual rescue did indeed come, pitifully squished beneath her on the messy ground. Although surprised, she quickly lifted herself off her companion alongside the little bunny girl and helped Nia up.

"I didn't think you'd actually come! But thank you, that save was awesome." She praised, truly grateful for the fact that although they didn't know each other that well, Nia was willing to hurt herself to save them.

"Haha, you're a nice person at heart aren't you?" She teased playfully, before checking on the little girl staring at them dazedly within Felicia's arms. She was looking at the both of them as if they were shiny stars, worrying Felicia slightly if she had problems with her vision, before she was suddenly glomped by her tiny arms.

"Wahhh *hic* T-thank you...*hic* b-both of you..." She choked out tearfully as the weight of the ordeal that had just passed overcame her.

Comfortingly, just like when she was with the other slaves as Ari, she patted and ruffled her hair and ears, as beastmen started pouring in over the horizon.

"Wha---"

Realization hit her late, and the Qliphat flushed before fiddling with her sword hilt and looking away. There was a faint hint of red on her cheeks.

"I pulled off that rescue because it was beneficial to me, that's all...it's not like my body moved by itself or something. Don't be mistaken into thinking I'm a kind person. I'll---I'll bite. Nya!"

Ellania tugged at her own clothing, face looking the other way.

"A-anyway, the reinforcements have arrived. I'll go check on which direction the oni retreated from."

"Haha~" Felicia giggled at her friend's bashfulness before patting her on the back. "Sure, sure, whatever you say Nia~"

Deciding to halt her teasing in favour of the more serious matter at hand, she nodded. "Good idea, the more information we can get on them the better. Keep an out for anything we don't already know about."

"I'll see if I can pass this little one to her parents and explain the situation, or at least what we've seen of it, to the reinforcements. Hmm, can you think of someone who'd be their captain? If not I'll just grab a random soldier." She asked thoughtfully, not having the greatest memory of the reports she read a while back about Fuyu Machi.

"From the looks of it, I think it's just the guards who have arrived. I do remember that the city has two Guardians, but I don't really see either of them here. The Guards are a reasonable bunch, though they're not too excited about non-beastmen species. You won't believe how stiff they got around me during the first few months."

Snorting, Ellania took to the air, hovering just above the crown of the trees. As she glanced around carefully, she started noticing gaps forming in the treeline, scattered about haphazardly in the same direction, heading out of the forest. Trees tumbled to the ground as she looked on.

"Found the rough direction. I'll attempt pursuit, see if I can catch a straggler or two. I'll leave this part to you."

Then she flew off in that direction.

"I see, thanks." She responded as she watched the reinforcements arrive in a quick yet stable march, some with tails, ears, wings and even horns like an Oni's.

"Alright, take care, if anything happens I'll leave a mark or something." She nodded, before turning towards a pair of beastmen soldiers warily approaching her.

It seemed they had vaguely recognized Ellania before she took off, hence giving Felicia a bit more credibility and not assuming she was a random kidnapper that had taken away a young child amidst all this confusion. But still, their distrust of her was clear to see.

"What happened here?" A beastman with slitted irises and a forked tongue interrogated her calmly, hiding his hostility and giving her a chance to explain herself. At the same time, the other soldier, with a bat's wings, held out his hands, clearly wanting to take the child in her arms from her.

Handing the little girl over compliantly, who seemed a little reluctant to leave, Felicia faced the tall snakeman and explained everything that had happened from the very beginning, including why they were at the Beastman Mountain in the first place.

"Skydiving..." He hissed doubtfully, but after affirming the little girl as an eye witness, he took her words as the truth.

"On behalf of the beastmen, I thank you for saving this child and helping battle against the Oni. We'll handle things from here, so you and your friend are free to do your business." He thanked them politely before dismissing them quickly, seemingly having a particularly negative view towards the non-beastmen.

Realizing she was free to go, Felicia found herself at a bit of a loss as the pair walked away from her. Still, wanting to do something whilst she awaited news from Nia, she searched around the wreckage and debris for possible survivors.

From the direction which Ellania had flown off to, there was a resounding explosion, followed shortly by a startled laugh, and a few ten minutes later the Qliphat emerged from behind some trees, chuckling before tripping over a tree root and landing face first in the dirt.

"Ow, that actually hurt, dammit! Hahaha!"

As she pushed herself to a sitting position, it was immediately quite noticeable that Ellania had taken quite a bit of damage. Her clothes were burnt and tattered in many places, while her hair was singed partially and angry red patches riddled the giggling girl's exposed skin.

"Apparently the oni I managed to chase down was a variant, and it blew itself up just as I was about to capture it! Good to know, nyahaha!"

Surprised by Nia's sudden appearance, and just as she rescued an unconscious child with a bear's ears buried in debris, she quickly made her way over and checked on her wounds.

"Ah, you idiot, be more careful next time!" She scolded as she knocked her crazy friend on the head, careful to avoid areas she was injured. Immediately, she set to work cooling down her burns using her ice magic. She also quickly tore a nearby curtain from a ruined house and used it to wrap her friend's open wounds.

"Good work on finding that out though... things could have turned out much worse." She commented as she finished up her emergency treatment.

The boy in her arms groggily awoke, with Felicia already having treated his burn wounds to the best of her abilities. Suddenly, he darted out of her arms and ran towards someone behind her.

"Papa!" He cried out tearfully, as a bear man with a fancy hat and bulging muscles quickly glomped his son in his arms. After their tearful reunion, they thanked her gratefully, realizing he would've suffocated or died from his injuries without her help.

And then, it was just her and Nia again.

"So what now? I don't think we can go skydiving with your current injuries~" She mentioned calmly with a hint of playfulness, all signs of her solemnity and sorrow clearly erased by the new adventure she's having.

"Pish posh, apple sauce! It's just my body that's taken a beating, not my wings. Plus, I made a promise and I intend to keep it, more so since you patched me up. Also also, if a little injury like that puts me off of my daily schedule, then I can just retire and forget all about seeking vengeance~"

Ellania's tone was as breezy as it had been up until this point, but a little iron had unknowingly slipped into it nearing the end, and despite her passionate smile, flames of a different kind of passion danced in her irises. Then she shook her head and went back to her usual self.

"Ah, so your wings mean more to you than your body I see I see~"

"Even if we can go skydiving still, since your wings are fine, that doesn't mean your body won't be unfazed by it all. A strong wind can bite like a blade you know? But if you say so~"

"Haha true~ Same here to be honest~" Although Felicia's tone had no signs of the same severity Ellania had.

"Well, it is true that we got side-tracked and I'm starving thanks to the fight. Guess we'd better have a meal in the city first. The mountain's up ahead, so...this way!"

She started leading the way forward.

"Okay, I wonder what the local cuisine is like here, to be honest. Do... beastmen eat meat?" She inquired curiously as she walked alongside her battered friend.

"They do, actually. I believe I asked about the matter before, but according to them it's normal. I mean, sometimes humans do eat humans as well."

Ellania quipped, following the trail that led further into the forest and closer to the mountain.

"...I see." Felicia responded slowly, somewhat discomforted by the latter half of her statement.
@Feathers95

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated.

> > >

Rock Slide in the Tunnels [GH0801]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Repairing the Dikes
  • Go to the rock slide in the tunnels.
  • Clear the rubble and search for survivors.
  • Support soldiers trapped on the other side.
We have an urgent communication from a dwarven brigade fighting in the tunnels.
There was an explosion in the tunnel, and a rock slide blocked their exit.
They are cornered, outnumbered by monsters, and unable to retreat.
We need to send a team down there to clear a path home for a warriors!
This is an active battle zone. You may need to fight your way down to ground zero.
Rewards:
  • Money: 28 G

She knew her knowledge about engineering was pretty low. But as long as there was crevices, she could pass through the rock slide. How severe it was, she didn't know. But, she would at least attempt to pass through. If not, her admittedly small experience in engineering would at least help the team.

Arriving at the zone, she asked the team leader to go first to support them, if they still survived. Even if she loses in strength contest, she believed in her endurance. That was the only thing that allowed her to survive until now. Admittedly, against a trained opponent, she could lose her mass rapidly and be incapacitated that way. But after the time she absorbed the water into her, she felt her capacity increase somehow.

They were racing against time. The engineering team began their work to clear the rubble, while she slithered through the crevices to go to the other side. As she arrived, she reformed her shape and create a spear. three survivor. She could work with that.

"Help is coming!" She shouted as she charged forward. The first thing she could do was to give them respite by making an ice barrier. Letting her mass covered the area in front of her, she froze it.

the others immediatly moved with more vigor. They knew that they still have to dispatch the remaining enemy. Turning back, she twirled her spear and stab it at one of the snake. It evaded a few times, even lunged at her. When it lunged into her, she froze it with her water. with her threat neutralized, she looked at the others.

With no more reinforcement, they could move from being defensive to offensive immediately and dispatch their opponent. They even moved on to other opponent. One of them had even killed their second opponent during the time she defeat one.

She leaned her back on the frozen wall. It wouldn't do for the enemy to break it. As for the soldiers, they took their breath for a moment, before looking at her.

"The engineering team has arrived in the other side." She began.

"Hah... at last, we are saved..."

They talked. For their ten-man team, only the three of them and the two messenger who returned to the base remained standing. They brought their friends
there. But without help soon, their friends might not survive against the poison.

She herself didn't carry anything. She had to reinforce the ice wall constantly, else the enemy might break through. a pick made of ice would just shatter against the wall in three to four hits, if not less.

She didn't know if her decision to protect them instead of helping the engineer team like she was supposed to do. At least she brought time for the engineer team. Though she hoped they could save those who were poisoned here.

After waiting for a while, the engineer team broke through. Relief could be seen on the face of the three conscious guys. As for the poisoned ones, one of the medic there treated them as best as he can. Nevertheless, the engineering team carried them, and they returned.

Last edited:

Bochi

Title: Background check
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 10
Objectives: Find the history of Fuyu Machi and report it to the guild.
Description: Find out the history of Fuyu Machi. We have no idea what they have done or are capable of. Dig into this without getting too much attention.
Rewards:
EXP:
Money: 50
"Ah, Guildmaster (@Silver), this report's specifically for you. This is an official letter from the Shogun, by the way."

Six hours. It took the two six hours to make a journey that should only have taken one, half if they had been flying. And it was pretty much all Ellania's fault.

"Ah, we're here, finally! I'm beat!"

Trying to pretend that she wasn't the reason they're gone off the trail innumerable times and gotten lost a decent number of times as well, the whistling Qliphat attempted to divert the subject somewhere else, staring at the white plaque mounted on the gates.

"The City of Winter. Glad to see they're still doing well."

Earlier she wasn't that hungry, even after all the fighting she did during the Oni raid. But now, six hours later due to Ellania's incompetence, she was absolutely starving, vaguely reminding her of their first humorous meeting a year ago.

Showing her relief by heaving a great sigh, she glanced at Nia tiredly. "Remind me to never ask you for directions..." She spoke with a slight chuckle as they entered the city grounds, wondering how on earth they didn't end up in some godforsaken place during the flight here.

"So this is Fuyu Machi huh?" She spoke curiously, pleasantly surprised by the bustling passageways that winded their way through the mountain slopes. Beastmen covered the streets, with a pair of felines walking hand in hand, and a family of centaur-like beastmen galloping through the streets.

It seemed that the city had begun some sort of plan to do with the Oni raids, as there were people with burnt or poor clothing being led by soldiers through the city, perhaps being evacuated and/or rescued.

"Do you think you can lead the way to a local restaurant? Wait no, I better ask someone else..." Felicia immediately remembered the journey here and cut herself off, looking around for someone to ask that didn't seem too hostile to their presence.

"Hya?! That's not fair! The plants and trees were calling out to me! I couldn't just ignore 'em!"

"Well, that's simply because your sense of direction sucks, Ellania. You still managed to get lost in this city last I checked."

The relaxed little voice came from behind them.

"Oi, give me a break, Sei. It's not my fault I inherited more than just talent from my mother. Though in the face of my overwhelming good points, any flaws I have are insignificant as flies."

"The only thing I feel now is your overwhelming ego. So who's the new face?"

Brightening up with the revelation, the Qliphat straightened and gestured to her travelling partner.

"This is Cia, whom I've brought here to let her experience the wonders of skydiving. And Cia, this little brat here is one of the two Guardians of this city, representing the Azure Dragon. Her name's Sei, but you can call her whatever you like. I do that all the time."

"Hey, I didn't agree to that!"

"Well, I don't care whether you agree or not. So what are you gonna do about it?"

"You little..."

"I whaaaat~?"

Despite butting foreheads (literally) and glaring at each other, it was plain that these two were on speaking terms, at least.

Glancing towards the newcomer with blue hair and glasses, Felicia greeted her with a polite smile.

"Ah I see, the Water Dragon right? Guardian of the White River?" She pondered out loud as she looked towards the little girl with an unreadable expression.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Seiryuu, do you know anywhere we could get a bite to eat?" She asked immediately, not forgetting the famished stomachs the both of them had.

"Well, I don't mind bringing you to my favourite eatery but..."

As the little girl fell silent, Ellania stopped joking around too.

"Tell me what's wrong. I'll allow it."

"I'll never get used to that. Well, the food's not going to be up to its usual standards, because harvest this year is likely to be miserable. We have a lot of reserves stocked, but you know how it feels when you've no choice but to start on the reserves."

"...Ah, I see."

Allowing herself an uneasy smile, the Qliphat soon switched back to her usual carefree countenance when she realised that Felicia was looking at her.

"Well, no use worrying about that on an empty stomach! Let's go grab some grub!"

"That's fine, but stop slapping my shoulder!"

Hmm~ Seems that Ellania cares for this place quite a bit doesn't she?

Felicia thought idly to herself as she watched the pair converse, before following after them whilst feeling a bit like a third wheel.

*****​

The place Sei led them to was quaint, situated just on the edge of town and surrounded by gentle sakura trees. The building was made of redwood and adorned with various oriental designs, being quite a pleasurable and peaceful sight.

After being led to a separate pavilion by a servant who seemed overly respectful to the little girl, they ordered their meals and began their feast.

"So, how are things in the city Sei?" Felicia inquired after a pause.

"Huh? That's..."

The little girl seemed to wrestle with a notion in her head for some time, before arriving at a decision.

"Well, the city is fine and stays untouched so far, thankfully. But the villages in the forest...that's another story."

"Has the Shogun not given the order to withdraw all of them yet? Surely she knows how much risk those people are in simply by living there."

"That's not it. The Shogun is very aware of the problem, but those old fools seem to think the Oni can be bargained with. Every day it's nothing but stalling and stalling until no consensus has been reached, and that's the gist of it. Truth to be told..."

Looking at Felicia once more, Sei seemed to wrestle with another decision before continuing.

"...Without the barrier, it's not safe for anyone to work on the fields anymore. But please don't go around spreading that; we don't have the manpower to deal with a panic right now."

"Alright. How's the prototype working out, by the way?"

Sei revealed a relieved smile.

"It's complicated."

Politely eating her meal as the pair spoke, she slowly came to a better understanding of the situation at hand.

"Surely, after seeing their neighbouring villages being destroyed by Oni, the other villages would know something is wrong right? How come they haven't demanded an explanation or something yet?"

Felicia inquired after a pause.

"Really? Have there been successful attempts at speaking with them yet? Has it been ascertained they have a sentient level of knowledge? Otherwise, I severely doubt their reasons for thinking they can bargain with those creatures."

She continued her questioning politely.

"Understood, may I ask what prototype you two are talking about?"

She asked her final question with a smile, feeling a bit apologetic about being out of the loop.

"Ah, gomen gomen. I left you out of the conversation, didn't I? That's completely my bad."

Bobbing her head as a gesture of apology, Ellania answered the last question first.

"Regarding the prototype, it seems that it's a sort of cloth sheet that allows one to fall safely from really great heights. The idea came from Sei here, and they've been taking it seriously as a means of evacuation should the city atop the clouds come under attack. Can't say the results have been very encouraging though..."

She'd seen some of the testing processes herself, and it wasn't really a pretty sight. Human bandits --- a constant nuisance no matter the place --- that were captured trying to rob and kill villagers, were used as test subjects. She didn't mind knowing that fact, but a failure made quite the mess when hitting the ground. And they failed a lot in the beginning.

"You explain the other parts, Sei, because I don't quite get it myself."

"Alright. So here's the thing. The villages know that they're at risk, but surprisingly they're the very ones that have asked to stay, even when we tried evacuating them. It's a sort of pride one has in not turning tail and running in face of danger --- a sort of foolish pride that gets people killed. But they've made their beds, so we can only help them lie in it comfortably. That and the fact that many of them haven't seen a live oni until their villages get attacked, and by then it'll be too damned late to do anything about it."

The Azure Dragon snorted in frustration.

"As for the question of the oni...hmm, allow me to pose this unseemly question. Have you ever been backstabbed by people you trust quite a bit?"

Felicia scowled as she listened to their explanations.

"No matter what world I'm in there'll always be idiots huh..." She hissed at the people not afraid to put everyone they know and love at risk due to their ignorance, reminding her of a certain someone as she knocked her head away from the flashbacks.

"Aha, I have, actually." Faintly reminded of that day a few years ago, when she watched her family be killed right in front of her eyes, she chuckled self-mockingly.

That's nothing compared to what I did though.

She thought regretfully, before responding to Sei's words.

"Corrupt officials eh? Can't say I haven't heard of them." She huffed, suddenly put in a bad mood by all of her thoughts spiralling towards bad memories.

"Ah, I see you have a rough notion of what I'm talking about. Normally, when people betray each other, they do it for benefits, right? Power, authority, stuff like that. Betrayal's a second nature to some of them, even and now we move on to the Oni. They have some sort of civilisation and aren't just wild animals, because the weapons they carry around are all hand-crafted, and they unite under a leader's banner much like how humans flock to their kings. But here's where the similarities end."

Ellania, just realizing something, grabbed Felicia's hand discreetly and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Meanwhile, Seiryuu continued.

"Human monarchs put laws to keep order, and so do we. The Oni don't. They listen to their strongest and whenever there's no new orders, they go around doing their own thing, only gathering to raid our villages. Some texts believe that they're literally spirits born of warring and strife, which made them the bloodthirsty monsters they are, but that's not the issue. The issue is that Oni can betray for absolutely no reason other than a whim. They need no reason to do what they do, other than the fact that they feel like it. And you've seen how dangerous they are now."

Chuckling at Ellania's comforting squeeze, she smiled at her before returning her attention back to Sei.

"Hah, this all seems like a nightmare to deal with. I'm assuming that the Shogun doesn't have absolute power and is therefore restricted at the moment right? I think we need to have a serious talk with the adventurer's guild about this and hurry them on sending mercenaries. Say... how long do you think you guys can hold out for?"

Felicia asked seriously, definitely needing to know the true severity of the situation in plain words.

"That's right, our hands are tied at the moment...me and the Byakko can't leave our posts so easily, so the only time we can assist the villages is when the attacks happen. And they always run after rampaging to their hearts' content, so we can't even pursue..."

Sei didn't seem very excited when the adventurer's guild was brought up.

"Can this guild you are talking about really provide aid? I hate to be that person, but we've sent letters asking for their aid long before, and they've made outrageous demands in response...if the price of this help is that high, we'll have to do without..."

Sighing heavily.

"Food wise, our rations will last maybe two more months if we ration them carefully. At the rate the Oni are picking off our villages, those villages will be gone in less than that. We're really stuck with nothing but to cower behind our walls...hah..."

Immediately slamming her hand fiercely against the table, causing a crack to run through its centre, Felicia exclaimed.

"What?! The adventurer's guild are refusing to help and even trying to milk a dying region until it's last breath?! What on Earth happened whilst I was in Spire Reef?!"

Grabbing and shaking Ellania by the shoulders, she yelled.

"Explain! We helped Gelderholm so that we could get their bronze weaponry in exchange for some healing herbs! Why did we refuse to help Fuyu Machi?! I don't know what they offered back in exchange for mercenaries, but being allies with beastmen would definitely be beneficial to us! Some can fly, some can dive into the deepest oceans and some might even be able to breathe fire! There's so much we could learn from them! They would be such strong allies in the future, especially if we go to war!"

Her voice became hoarse by the end, ignoring the fact that she was talking about Fuyu Machi right in front of one of it's guardians.

"...Honestly, I have no clue about most of it myself. I know mother would have done something about it, but without knowing what went on in those letters, I'm pretty much useless..."

Ellania looked down silently.

"...Perhaps two months before we first met, I woke up in this region. The miko filled me in on the basics, and it seems that the reason for my waking had something to do with my mother. I would be filling in for somebody else, apparently."

Sei cut in rather sadly.

"...Yeah, that was a delicate period. We'd just lost missus Vicious, who'd been helping us out as intermediary between us and the adventurer's guild, but apparently they had security problems of their own at that time, so we could only resort to hiding in our shells. Then Ellania popped up in her place, and she's been helping out around the place. But we simply don't have enough manpower to press for a counterattack and stamp the Oni out..."

"Wait... Vicious... is dead? You mean the headstrong lady that could run for miles in a blink, and that wielded a strange metallic weapon? She's... gone?"

Felicia inquired in disbelief, unable to even comprehend that fought. Although they weren't best buddies or anything, they were friends. She remembered that little party mission they had when they went to Gelderholm together fondly, before realizing she'd never see that crazy lively girl again...

...how many have I lost now?

She asked herself internally, as a deeper spiral of despair threatened her mind before she refocused her attention back to the conversation at hand tiredly.

"Alright, well, we should really head back to the guild and pass this on then, as soon as possible. I'm sure after I talk to the guildmaster, we'll be able to convince them. Do you think you can write up a quick letter again for us to bring back? Or will you send one a bit later? I mean, so many lives are at stake here..."

"I'll send word to the Shogun --- she'll probably have the letter ready in a manner of hours. Meanwhile, you two should enjoy yourselves. We're glad to see your concern, but worrying too much would be counterproductive. Don't let it get to you too much; we'll pull through. We always have."

Allowing herself a smile, Seiryuu paid the tab and left first, going back to her duties. Ellania sighed, taking a seat.

"...Losing people to war. I haven't had a personal experience yet, but somehow I already know how it feels like. If it helps any, I'm sure your friend's in a better place with mother's help. She did always love sticking her nose in matters that weren't hers, after all."

Then she shook her head, and put on a big smile.

"Well, sitting around and losing our heads over it won't do us any good! Let's go skydiving!"

Finally realizing she was panicking too much, and that assistance, unfortunately, couldn't be immediately provided no matter how much she rushed, she calmed herself down slowly.

"Alright, take care." She responded politely, realizing she had been a bit too emotional earlier, and waved Sei goodbye.

"Hah, I'm sure she is..." She sighed sadly, trying to get over the fact that Vicious was gone whilst retaining the stability of her sanity.

Pushing her thoughts away to later, using Nia's fun little invitation, she eagerly replied.

"Sure! We'll finally do what we came here for~" She chuckled, as she followed after Ellania quickly.

*****​

A catapult trip up the mountain later, the two girls were standing at the edge of a massive cliff, located next to the reaaaally long flight of steps that led all the way up to the mountaintop from the mountain foot. Below was empty air for days, and after that, the ground.

"Okay, we're here! This place is where we're gonna be jumping off from, though if you want some added spiciness I'll forgo the rope. Or you could freefall first and I'll catch you at the bottom --- which would you prefer?"

Ellania unfurled her single set of wings, allowing them to move about and warm up in preparation for the dive.

Still heaving from the catapult trip, Felicia slowly responded in surprise.

"Wait... when you said skydiving you actually meant skydiving? I thought... you meant that we'd just fly straight down for a bit to be honest..." She muttered, finally coming to terms with the situation.

Not wanting to delay the matter and allow herself to get scared, she quickly decided. "No rope, it'll burn if I panic and try and slow my descent with fire. Well, I'm just gonna go then, remember to catch me!" She ordered hurriedly, before dashing off the cliff with her eyes closed, completely forgetting about Nia's last question.

Air rushing past her filled her senses, as a terrifying, yet mesmerizing view consumed her vision. Momentarily breath taken, she laughed suddenly at how alive and invigorated she felt.

"Uh, yep, smart choice."

Watching as Felicia hopped off the edge without much indication of fear, the Qliphat was impressed. She was also glad to know that new tidbit of information, for she didn't yet have any desire to become a flaming chicken.

"Oh, wait, I better get a move on before it becomes impossible to catch up, haha! Here we go!"

With a backwards somersault, Ellania leapt over the edge head-first, her wings tucked in to increase her speed. Despite the sting as the winds brushed against her burn injuries from earlier, she only smiled in satisfaction, enjoying the sensation.

"I can see why you enjoy this so much!" Felicia vaguely tried to yell, as the wind rushed into her throat and threatened to choke her.

Deciding to stop being dumb and attempting to speak in this situation, she simply enjoyed the sensation of the wind searing her body, watching patiently as the ground grew ever closer.

Her eyes grew dizzy looking at the rock face so close to her, hence she looked as far in the distance as possible, admiring the forests, sun and distant savannah.

"I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING! BUT IT FEELS AMAZING, DOESN'T IT?"

Ellania shouted over the wind. She had a lot of experience doing so.

Her eyes were on the skies; the mysterious expanse that didn't have any substance, yet changed colours through the day like the shifting of a kaleidoscope, and the girl laughed. She loved the blue sky.

Ah, we're running out of air! Better do it!

Catching up with strong beats of her wings, she wrapped her arms around the other girl securely, allowing both of them to fall together for a moment more before pulling her wings to their maximum span and dropping out of the steep dive into a controlled glide forward. Over the Winter City below. Slowly but surely, Ellania decreased their momentum, until they were making circles in the air.

"Hahaha! How was it? Did you like the experience?"

Just as Felicia attempted to decipher her companion's words, she was suddenly wrapped in a bear hug and shielded from the painful yet exhilarating winds.

Their rapid momentum was abruptly halted, almost causing Felicia to choke up blood, but she bore with it until their glide turned into simple loops in the sky.

"It was fun, actually! Much more than I expected~" She hummed as she gazed over the Winter City below them, watching the beastmen going about their day and some of the birdmen looking at them weirdly.

"I think I still need some time to get used to the sensation of the fall though~" She commented after they had been in the air after a while.

"Ah, really? Well, they say practice makes perfect, so shall we go for a second round? Just kidding~ It's a great and healthy pastime for sure, but it's still addictive like drugs nya. And don't do drugs because they're nyaver quite worth the price, nyalright? Don't ever go skydiving under the influenyance of alcohol, without a functioning set of wings, and always be sure to have an awesome instructor around, nya!"

Nodding proudly, Ellania gradually flew lower and lower until the two of them came to a gentle landing in what seemed to be a garden.

"Haha, understood Nya-sensei~" Felicia replied cheerfully, secretly relieved they weren't going for a second round so soon.

Almost tumbling over from having her feet touch solid ground again, she wobbled a bit before correcting her posture.

"Alright, did you have anything else to show me whilst we're here?" She inquired curiously, hoping to avoid getting dragged all the way here anytime soon due to her wanting to 'amaze' her more in the future.

"Uhm, not much that I can think of now. If the guild sets up a small branch here, there'll be plenty of opportunities to see, hehe. Though I almost forgot that I was going to research into the background of this place for a report; there's an old archive which has loads of books up above, and I wanna take a look before heading back to Scribel. Wanna come with?"

Remembering her work, Ellania scratched her ears and got into work mode.

"Sure! Whilst you're doing that, I may do some research of my own actually~" She responded in a revitalized mood, as she followed after Nia, completely forgetting about the possibility of her misdirection coming into play…

*****​

On the bright side, by the time the two had their fill of the archives and left the building, it was the perfect time to retire for the night. Ellania giggled guiltily.

"I know a place we can wash up and bunk in for the night, let's go back to Scribel tomorrow."

Once again failed by her own lack of memory, Felicia rubbed her head in fatigue as the pair exited the building.

"Okay then~" She responded tiredly, willing to just do whatever at this point so that she could rest.

Suddenly, she recalled the very cause of all her problems.

"Wait, where exactly is it? If it's not within eyesight distance, I am not trusting you to lead me anywhere anymore!" She exclaimed exasperatedly.

"Uhhhh...yeah! Just over that row of houses and past that tower. You can see the bathhouse once we reach the end of this street."

She pointed at the end of the street that they were standing on.

By the way, she lied. It was actually two blocks further than what she'd said.

"Cats are geniuses at navigation! Just leave it to me, ja!"

"Ah~ That building with steam coming off it? It looks great, let's go!"

Felicia responded enthusiastically, too tired to care about how mismatched her companion's words were.

"Alright, well there's no way you can get this wrong so I'll follow you for now."

She sighed as she smiled at Ellania, placing the utmost trust and confidence in her for this one simple task.

As a sign of reciprocating that trust, Ellania led both of them...to the front of a closed bakery.

"Oh, we're at the wrong door!"

By sheer luck, the right door was just a few steps away, and Ellania nodded smugly as she threw the curtain door open, stepping inside.

"Here we are, hot springs on the mountain."

Rolling her eyes, Felicia was prepared to lose her mind wandering around aimlessly again, until they came to the realization that the bathhouse was so close by.

"Yup, all thanks to you." She spoke with no emotion, as they entered the building.

After being politely greeted, by an old woman with cat ears wearing a dark fuchsia Tomesode, they were escorted to their simple tatami room and given simple Houmongi to wear for the duration of their stay.

*****​

"Fwaaaah~ the water's pretty great on cold nights like this."

Having found a place to rest her feet, it didn't take long for Ellania to slip into the hot spring like a fish into water. Leaning against the rock and closing her eyes in bliss, she settled down quietly, concentrating.

"It sure has been a long day, hasn't it? My feet haven't been so sore from walking since...I dunno, actually! Hahaha!"

Looking at her now, one would only see the energetic girl on the surface, and not a hint of her inner darkness could be spotted. Yet her bearing was still much like a sheathed blade, ready to cut at a moment's notice.

"Sometimes, looking up at the night sky, it's so easy to forget one's troubles...isn't it?"

Sinking into a sleepy and peaceful bliss, Felicia submerged everything but her face into the water, feeling the warmth wash away all her troubles and stress from the day.

"Same here~ I think I've been lazy since I can just ride on Sable all day though~" She hummed happily.

"Hmm?" She inquired, before turning towards the night sky herself. "...I can see what you mean, well, at least in the past I did. But in all honesty, the sky brings back unpleasant memories for me, I prefer just looking over the hillside or local scenery~"

She explained peacefully, as she leant her head against a rock and dazedly looked out towards the distance, feeling blissfully at peace with a friend by her side.

"That's fine, so long as a part of nature soothes the spirit, be it the land, sea, or sky. But the second part is not fine, nya? If you go around on pet power all day, you'll be faster all right---getting fat faster. And there's nothing like taking every single step with your own feet to finish a whole journey, no matter how long it takes. I am fairly confident that someone before me held this maxim, and that someone before them held the same maxim. It's a good way to live life."

Sighing in relief whilst soaking in the hot water, Ellania continued, holding up a hand as if trying to grasp the moon.

Then she grabbed Felicia's hand playfully.

"I hope you're feeling better after this trip. Though I have to admit that getting involved with an attack was decidedly not part of my plans."

"...You're right."

Felicia responded with a sincere smile, though without many words, as one of the first she's had ever since her time in Spire Reef.

Patting Ellania's hand grasping her own, she laughed with a grin.

"I am, and don't worry, that Oni raid was quite a good chance to release some inner frustration after all~"

Smiling silently into the distance, she spoke once again with her usual calm tone.

"...thank you, Nia, for everything."

"Hai hai! It's nice to be appreciated. And now that you're feeling better, no doubt we'll have an amazing time walking back to Scribel City tomorrow~"

After letting that single line hang in the air for a while, Ellania went right in for a hug, laughing as she did so.

"Just kidding, ain't nobody got the time for that! We're flying, flying! Nyahaha~"
To whom it may concern.

I write this letter as a request for aid. On behalf of the Guards, the Guardians, everyone in the cities and the villages, I am officially requesting aid, now that the danger to Scribel has passed. We have held off the Oni from attacking other regions for six full months, and we cannot keep that up for much longer without external help.

The Beastmen will fight to our last men. But if circumstances permit so, I would much prefer that they survive through this. To that end, I will do whatever it takes, even if it means asking the help of other cities. The city has lasted through several centuries and several hundred of Shoguns, and I do not intend to be the one to lose it.

We need your help, and are willing to handle all the monetary expenses as long as no wastage is involved. Of course, I understand that there will be other conditions involved, but it would be better not to lay them down in subsequent writing. I cannot be sure that the following couriers will not be intercepted mid-way, so I will state it clearly, in this letter which I know will be in good hands.

First, I will not permit the spreading of other religions in this place. Things are complicated as they are with one faith, and things do not need to get any messier with a second or third or twentieth muscling in.

Second, neither will I permit any permanent unnatural altercations to the land. We can rebuild if things are destroyed, and replace them with something new, but the land is not foolish. It protects us as long as we respect it. This means no dubious forbidden magic rituals on the mountain grounds.

Third, once the matters with the Oni have been settled, I am more than agreeable to loan my Guards to Scribel if the need arises. We are a race specializing in melee combat, and I am sure my soldiers could teach yours a thing or two, just as your adventurers could teach us a thing or two.

Fourth, regardless of whether the Guild plans to expand into our humble home, I wish to procure aid from you to wipe out the Oni once and for all. With the adventurers, we will surely be able to deal a crippling blow to the infernal creatures. Naturally, I will offer a substantial pay in exchange.

I hope to be hearing agreeable news from you, and soon.

Kirin, Shogun of Yato
@Feathers95

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

> > >
Menace of the Roads [SR0603]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Captain’s Test
  • Form a party of >4 pirates.
  • Wander the roads for unsuspecting victims.
  • Rob them of their possessions.
Just because we’re pirates doesn’t mean we don’t rule the land!Since the ship is still docked, let’s blow some steam!I’m sure there’s some tasty sheep walking around.Or better yet, wealthy merchants! Ooh, I’m drooling already! Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
  • Other: N/A
> > >
I was called to the captain’s cabin, I entered the room after I knocked on the door.

“You need me, Captain?”

“Yes, Tokai. Head to the south, My men will be waiting for you.”

“Alright then.” He wanted me to check around his turf. A clueless merchant who settled down without notifying him will be plundered. I met up with Kingsley’s people inside the alley. We were about to raid the warehouse.

“Ain’t this our new chef, Tokai!? I’m Bartley. Those men on my back are Jason, Brazz, Kid, and Claus. We will be looking for a merchant named Torch. They’re transferring slaves under our area, make them pay.”

Bartley and others knew where is warehouse is. I just needed to follow them. We forced our way into the warehouse. There were an equal amount of guards and my team. Since there are only few mages around the town, I need to be careful about using my magic. We engaged in a sword fight at the entrance of the warehouse. I got some scratch around my leg and left arm before I was able to knock out my opponent.

Inside building, there were cargos and cages with slaves inside. Child slaves. They seem not to be born around here. I had to ask the merchant where they came from.

“I will find the merchant. You guys carry the goods.”

“Ya need help?” Bartley asked.

“I can handle this.”

“Hmph. Show off!”

There was a room when I went up to the second floor and it’s locked I enhanced my body and kicked down the door, I found a well-dressed man. I tackled the guy down and pointed my dagger at him.

“Where do the kids come from! Where did you kidnap those children!”

“*Coughs* They are from Scribe- You! I’ve seen you before. You’re the adventure from the Scribel! What are you doing here, fighting with these criminals!”

“You talk too much.” I punched his jaw knocking him out on the floor. I took a blank paper from his table, write the message and burn it. That paper will alert another agent to arrest him later.

“You’re finished? He got any booty with him?” Claus came in from the door.

“Aye, There’s nothing here. Let’s go back. Did you release the slaves?”

“Yes. They are free until they stop to struggle, like a sheep that wait for its own death.”

Last edited:

Vanus

Evaluated
> > >
Carrier Pigeon [A0301]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild(Lizardmen)
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Take care of the pigeons.
  • Attach the messages to their legs as you get them
  • Chase away any pests!
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
We need mailmen now!
The Carrier pigeons need to have the messages attached to them by someone
Come do it and we will pay you and approve you as a mailman in the Lizardmen country
That means freedom of movement to any village if we have mail
Only the larger villages and cities can afford to keep the pigeons for everyday mail after all. Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
  • Other: A mailman badge
> > >
This quest seemed to be required for lots of quests in the future. So I took it. The birds were nice to me unlike the eel. There were not any pests that appeared however I did have to make sure to feed the pigeons and they needed some exercise around the coup which required locking and bolting all the doors and windows. Then letting the pigeons out into the larger area of the tower whilst scattering food and such to all corners of the room. The birds seemed to enjoy themselves. I can't say the same for myself. It was bland and boring. Then again recently that has been all that has been felt or expressed from my body and my mind. That is all that is left here after all. boredom and blandness. The letter seems to have laughter emanate from it. Anyway a satisfactory job was completed.

Last edited:

Reciful

APPRAISED

The road towards the city is covered By morning fog... A white girl is carrying a unconscious lady whose bigger than her on her back in a piggyback ride.

strapped on her body is a large leather bag containing Large amount of Gold coins.

The white girl simply looks at the morning sun then continue her walk making sure not to wake up the sleeping lady.

[.... Its the 4th day now.... Oh well ] She whisper.

Hostage Situation [SC0601]
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Missing Children OR
  • Prerequisite: Tracking the Thieves
  • Investigate the hostage situation.
  • Rescue the hostage.
The guild received a ransom note for a civilian who went missing a few days ago.We suspect that the civilian has been kidnapped by bandits.The notice asks for for 5000 G to be delivered to a remote location in the forest within 3 days.Can we trust you to handle this case before the deadline? Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 8 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Hostage Situation
Quest report:

Within the Shadows of the dense Forest... A blood red eyes Silently watches... Quietly Observing, hiding inside the forest darkness.

[ Its been two days... Still nothing ] I voice echoed inside the shadow.

She is Reciful... Currently doing a rescue mission.

She received a quest to rescue a particular important individual who got herself kidnapped by Some Highwayman.

She received this quest not because she is a famous Adventurer... Its the opposite. She received it because she is not famous at all, a Adventurer who's face is not well known.

Only few people interact to her (A̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶). Reciful is quite unknown, Mostly She is known only as the Weird white girl who sometimes appears inside the Adventurer Tavern just to order "Milkshake" & seen always Strolling around the city. But no one really knows her & Due to her young looks people tend to forgot that she is even a Adventurer in the first place.

That's why she is the perfect person to deliver the ransom money & rescue the hostage..... Cause they will be less cautious of her.... She looks like a weak innocent newbie Adventurer after all.

Reciful Decided to Observe for 2 day & got nothing much out of it. other than knowing that there is a person spying within the city watching.

When the third day comes Reciful change her approach she casually Delivered the 5000G ransom money to the forest in a bold manner, deliberately telling them she is the one who will deliver the ransom.

When she's deep in the forest, making sure that no one is around.... She entered the Shadow within the Bag containing the Ransom money.

In short a Trojan horse like plan... But much creepy.

After an Hour past... Two men appears from deep in the woods.

They laughingly approach the bag of Gold coins & seems like they have no intention of releasing the Hostage... they plan to sell her to a terrible slave merchant after playing with her body later tonight.

They were in a merry mood & takes the money to their hideout. Their cautiousness vanished, they forgot Reciful who Delivered the money... They forgotten to question who she is & why she suddenly seemingly Vanished... They never see her comes out of the forest.

They became carefree, oblivious that they are caught in the trap of Reciful... Now they unknowingly bring her to their hideout where the hostage is.

Night falls inside an abandoned tower at the edge of Biome forest(Northern Forest)

10 highwayman is busy drinking liquor celebrating their success today.

Not far away from them, in the very corner of the room. A pretty young girl dressed in a fancy dress, tied up crying & Shivering in fear... She have a vague idea what fate will befall her soon... She is in utter despair.

While The bag of money is in front of the group surrounding it... They all were like Vicious beasts. all can't wait to have their share of the gold coins.

The Leader laughingly opened the bag containing gold coins.

What He expected to see is plenty of Gold coins when he opened the bag.

Yet...

A Pure white face of a very beautiful Girl with Blood red eye smiling at him pop up from inside the bag instead of Gold!

[ Hi there ] Reciful says with a innocent smile.

Immediately before the Highwayman Leader could show a surprised reaction. A Cleaver Knife & a Chopping Axe slashed his fat neck like a guillotine.

Reciful swung her Cleaver & Axe with merciless great ferocity at the man's neck decapitating the leader & making his head soar in the air.

Fountain of Blood sprouts out. Everyone is in shock & great confused.

A pure white girl with white hair, white skin, white dress & blood red eyes. Emerges in the bag.

Reciful who hides within the shadow inside the bag, slowly crawl out from within the leather bag container spilling the gold coin within it to the floor.

[ Mana Gather into me & be tainted in Darkness... Black fog ]

After a harmonious beautiful quiet voice...

Imperceptible fog of darkness instantly burst out from the white girl covering the entire room in pure black, blinding them... It shallowed the light of the Torches & lamps making it useless.

The Highwayman were all in utter chaos! They were caught off guard unable to see, Fear slowy invading their heart... As they face the unknown.

[ Mana Gather into me & Be tainted in Darkness.... Black Bullets... Scatter ]

Another harmonious chant. Followed by a sounds of agony & death... They heard the disembodied cries of their comrade.

[ Good~ now 4 more Baddies to go.... ]

After hearing those words that echoed in the black fog surrounding them... Their minds breakdown, they scream & panic in fear swinging their swords in the air.

[ Ouch! Ouch!.... You hurt me! ] Reciful Said as one of the man's sword luckily land several hits on her.... But before even the remaining guys recover their confidence & counter attack.... Reciful Spoke a Inhuman words that breaks their heart.

[ Now I need to eat Meat to heal~.... Luckily there is Plenty of Supply here... Including you four ahahaha ]

[ Darkness: 8 Demonic arms.... Grab them & break their limbs!! ]

[ Really its fortunate I have a Butcher cleave. ]

A very loud terrible screams followed by disturbing fleshy sounds of something being tear off echoes within the black fog.

When everything became quite.... A uncomfortable gobbling sounds of someone eating is the only noise left.

When the black fog Cleared very fortunate for the lady hostage.... She did not see the scene in the room afterwards for she lose consciousness before hand due to fear. She did not know the slaughter & have no recollection of what happened before the leader opened the bag.

Cause if she did.... A trauma complete different aside from being kidnapped she'll suffer from for sure.

OCC..........

Last edited:

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Mudwater Skirmish [GH0805]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Search the deep tunnels for groups of enemies.
  • Beware of muddy and flooded terrain.
  • Eliminate all hostile forces.
  • (Note: Optional Party Quest)
The hydra's minions have breached our defenses in the tunnels!There are dozens of basilisks — many varieties — marauding in the tunnels.Work together with your dwarven allies to eliminate the snakes.Beware of the muddy ground. Many of the tunnels are partially flooded here. Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G / person
> > >
After the easy fight - or rather, one-sided slaughter yesterday, today is time for something harder. After joining up with a group consisting of a mix of heavily armored and lightly armored dwarves, we move on into the tunnels. It doesn't take long until we reach the breached area, with mud swept in by the water as well as lower parts filled completely submerged with the dirty water. Yeah, no idea what's in there, and I'm not planning to enter that anytime soon.

Just as I want to turn around, another dwarf takes some sort of weird device. "Now, Imma throw this in there, and then we run before it explodes, aye?"

I agree, confused, and follow the group as we run back in the tunnel, taking a safe distance to the water - before something explodes in there, the dirty water splattering against the tunnel walls and ceiling, along with some of the ooze typical for the snake's blood.

"What the hell was that...?" I wonder, and a dwarf happily responds: "Some sort of underwater bomb the alchemists made. Say they made it from salt."

"Salt!?"

I can't help but shudder, knowing that something as deadly as that can be made from salt - and the fact that we use salt, which can be used to make an explosion like that, in our food. We continue to sweep through the tunnels, easily emptying any water of monsters with these "bombs". Every time I witness such an explosion, I feel less like using salt in my food ever again.

Then we finally stumble upon the first few basilisks that are on land - and the heavily armored part of our group easily pins them down, the basilisk's fangs and claws struggling to penetrate their armor. While they are distracted, the lightly armored part of the group - including me - sweep in for the kill, quickly killing the already struggling basilisks.

In that manner, we quickly clear the tunnels. Really, it seems like primitive beasts don't stand any chance at fighting truly prepared and well-equipped groups of soldiers. With that finished, we return to the city and I hand in my report.

Last edited:

Feathers95

I want to see the beauty of Fuyu Machi!
Sponsor: Lord Eugene RosenthalLocation: Fuyu Machi and its ouskirts -> Scribel CityLevel: N/ARank: N/A
Objectives
  • Only do 1 painting per quest.
  • Enter Fuyu Machi and its outskirts
    • Paint a landscape of Fuyu Machi outside
    • Paint a portrait of the inside
    • Paint a portrait of the tavern there
    • Paint a portrait of a beastman in their daily life
    • Paint a portrait of a guard
    • Paint a portrait of the jade mine
    • Paint a portrait of the market
    • Paint a portrait the Priestess/Miko/Shrine Maiden
    • Paint a landscape of the outskirts
    • Paint a portrait of local wildlife (repeatable)
    • Paint a portrait of the leader/ruler of Fuyu Machi
  • Deliver the paintings intact.
Lately, I've been hearing rumours of a mountain that moves, with a beastman community living there.
As a patron of the arts, I wish to see the beauty of the mountain, the beastmen and its region in all its glory!
Of course, I'm not going to be stingy with the rewards, I'll even provide the art materials!
Rewards
Exp: 300Money: 75G
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (59)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 11 (12700/13200)
Quest: I want to see the beauty of Fuyu Machi!
Summary:
  • Went to Beastman Mountain whilst escorting Zombo and Myria
  • Painted a portrait of two beastmen children playing in the forest
  • Stayed a night at a ryokan (again) before returning home to Scribel City
After her enlightening journey to Fuyu Machi alongside Nia-sensei, Felicia decided to have another, more leisurely trip there with her fellow adventurers, Zombo and Myria. Since she had recently made her trip there, she advertised her escort services for those that wanted to pay the new region a visit, which ended up with her travelling alongside these two non-human individuals.

Zombo was a man of few words, but she could tell that he was enjoying the slow flight towards the distant mountain reaching up into the clouds. Myria, who unfortunately couldn't fit on Sable's back as she was a centaur, was galloping below them with an excited smile on her face. Leisurely, Felicia relaxed and chatted with the pair as they approached the base of the mountain.

Since Myria obviously couldn't fly, and they wanted to look around anyway, Felicia and Zombo descended off of Sable's back and started their slow hike up the mountain. The sound of nature filled their ears, whistling them a song of refreshing beauty. Despite getting side-tracked a little by the villages on the side of the mountain, who Felicia thought was oddly calm despite the whole Oni raid situation knocking on their doorstep, they arrived at Fuyu Machi with plenty time to spare. This was probably due to Myria's help, however, as she frequently allowed the pair to ride on her back when they were tired.

Since the pair were now safely within the Winter City, Felicia left them to their own devices as she looked around for something to paint, as per the quest she conveniently took before her journey here. Just as she was about to look around the market, she was suddenly glomped by a pair of little beastmen, in particular, the ones she had saved during the Oni raid not too long ago.

The green-eyed little girl with black bunny ears beamed at her warmly, whilst the little fellow with a bear's ears rubbed his face against her skirt.

"Thank you, Ms Human, for saving us last time!!!"

They exclaimed as they ran around her excitedly, before inquiring.

"How come you're here again? My papa told me you left the city to go back to something called an 'adventurer's guild'"

The boy spoke curiously, staring at her with little crystal-blue eyes.

"I'm just here again for a visit really, ah actually! Would either of you mind if I spent some time painting a portrait of one of you? Someone requested it back at Scribel City, where I currently live."

She explained patiently as she patted the children's heads, who looked at her, unsure.

"Hmm, I'm not good at sitting still, my legs get all wobbly and itchy to move!"

The boy replied honestly, as the little girl nodded her head furiously.

Thinking for a moment, Felicia replied with a little smile.

"I have an idea! How about this..."

---

Sometime later, Felicia found herself finishing the last strokes of her painting, depicting a cute little couple of beastmen children playing around in the forests surrounding the mountain city. Each of them had a little flower wreath atop their heads and wore informal kimonos as they excitedly dashed around with a superhuman speed.

Pleased by the final touches, she thanked the two children and went to a local ryokan they talked about, after picking up Myria and Zombo again at the entrance of the town, where they told each other to meet.

Myria seemed a little flushed, gowned in an eye-catching, but not excessive Furisode that was fit for a centaur. As they walked, she reluctantly admitted she had been hit on by a few horse-like beastmen, making her feel uncomfortable and flustered as she panicked over how to respond each time. Mainly, however, she had focused her attention on researching magic in the libraries of the city, eager to find out new knowledge about the arcane.

After chuckling a bit at her stories, they eventually coaxed Zombo into exposing what he had done throughout the day, which mainly included wandering around the natural forests and making friends with the local farmers/herbalists in the villages below the city. He tried to warn them against the Oni and what had been reported, but they didn't seem to take an outsider like him seriously, despite somewhat appearing like a lizard-like beastman with his plant-like tail behind him.

The ryokan was a lovely guesthouse owned by a married pair of beastmen with white wings, who escorted them to their rooms and informed them of the bathhouse and meal times. After a polite meal of wonderful food, which took quite a while since they weren't used to the foreign cutlery, Felicia and Myria went to the baths for a brief soak, whilst Zombo went to the men's one on his lonesome. Then, feeling refreshed, they went to their separate rooms and slept in their fluffy futons for the night. The following trip back to Scribel City was calm, steady and peaceful, with each of them feeling as if they had learned something during their time upon Beastman Mountain.

Last edited:

Himekawa

Evaluated >

We Are Sappers! We Say Boom! [GH0905]
  • Required Level: 9
Objectives:
  • Join the team of dwarven sappers.
  • Escort the engineers behind enemy lines.
  • Do not be discovered by the enemy.
  • Ensure the successful bomb detonation.
You like explosions? You're joining the sapper team for today? :blob_happy:
The depths of Gelderholm are a maze-like network of tunnels.
Today, the dwarf commander will be leading a strike force to Tunnel X.
Meanwhile, we'll take a different tunnel behind enemy lines and set our bombs! Kaboom!
The explosion will cause a cave-in and cut off enemy reinforcements. Yay! :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:
Rewards:
  • Money: 35 G
> > >

She decided that she hate explosions. When she joined the sapper team, she just joined them because of a sense of obligation, not because she liked explosion. They accepted her with that reasoning, as the commander said that that text he wrote there was just a joke.

Technically, she believe that she could maintain the cut to enemy reinforcement alone. But, since her ice wall was not permanent, she refrained to do that. Not only it was not acid resistant, not blunt force resistant, heat resistant, but also if that woman and her entourage of water spirits came, she could see it being dismantled easily. Though, if that woman would come here, then it was already bad.

Shaking her head, she refocused her mind. Her role in this was as a scout. She had to relay the information for the area in the front while remaining in disguise while not attacking herself. The commander and his group of engineers would then set up their ambush.

---

"Undine one. Area clear." she reported. After receiving her report, the commander ordered them all to move forward. She herself continued her scouting duty by moving further along the planned route.

Complication arose when the next area has enemies in distance not so far from each other. She surveyed the area as she flew, her form as compact as possible. Three group of enemies, each group was not so far from each other. She believed that they would be alerted if the first group was attacked. Noting her observation, she returned with the intel.

As she arrived at the commander's place, she pointed out to the map where the location of each group was and their composition. With them being so close to the planned location, she thought that they could just break the stealth and charge there immediately. Though, she kept her opinion to herself. After she had reported all of her intel, she left.

After some time, the commander came with order for her to go to the enemy rear line and block them from retreating temporarily. She didn't have the attention to hear the engineer corps command, as she immediately went to her assigned location. What she knew was that the team would come to her soon.

With that, she set off. Her destination was the intersection between tunnel X and their tunnel. In that area, she was commanded to seal the area using her ice.

She did that. By expanding herself and creating a water wall in the middle of the enemy troops, she gained the enemy attention. Freezing it, she then fought to defend the wall.

'The enemy front line will notice it. I had to seal the area in front of me too, so the enemy don't spill tunnel X. If we give them time to realize that they are ambushed, the sappers must hurry here, so that the ambush won't fail.'

Only two of the sappers came. They said that the others was tied in combat at the moment, while they both were sent ahead. They then asked her to clear the way a little bit, so that they could put the explosives. She was conflicted. Some of the enemies had begun their attack from the two sides. As she reported the status of the enemy that was currently trying to destroy her wall, they stopped.

One of the dwarves asked her if she could make a staircase and let the position of the dwarf to be high enough to place the charge in the X tunnel. She tried and made the stair, along with the elevated ground for the dwarf. As she saw that the dwarf was giving her the signal that he primed the bomb, she opened the last layer of ice that was separating the dwarf to the enemies.

He immediately put it on the ceiling. He then retreated. As he finished coming out from her body...

Boom.

She was not yet fully transformed herself, and the explosion occurred there. The explosion destroyed the ice block she had made, sending them to the other direction.

Why did he set it to be so short? Her life almost ended as she evaporated, if it was not because of the layer of ice that took the heat firsthand. Her body was broken, as jagged ice block could be seen everywhere in the other direction of the tunnel. She saw some of them being struck by the ice block. As for the tunnel X, the explosion managed to collapse it.

After that explosion, the tunnel that the engineer corps was on was the only one connected with the enemy reinforcement. The other two dwarves has retreated at this moment, leaving her core very vulnerable. Taking to logical conclusion, they would also seal this tunnel after the two returned to the corps to prevent the reinforcement to pincer them from the back.

She hurried up.

Another explosion occured. Was she left for dead here? Did they think that she would not survive after the first explosion?

If she met that dwarf, she would strangle him. No matter what. With her spending almost all of her reserve water, she felt really naked as of now. With no way to make weapon, she could only take advantage of her small form and hope the enemy won't notice her.

---

She left. In the end, she had to go to the enemy back and reconnected with the lake water. That woman was there, saying cryptic things as if she was watching the whole thing, and asking if she wanted to join her. She guessed that with the woman having connection to the spirit, the woman could get the spirits' impression of her as she could with them. After she made her body, she returned to the city, leaving the woman.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Tales of Old Worlds
Sponsor: The Scribel LibrarianLocation: Scribel LibraryLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Told us about: Legends from your previous worlds, or the technology of your previous worlds, or simply anything related to your old worlds.
  • Tell no lie!
  • (Optional) Tell us about your epic adventures and life before Tonia!
Otherworlders, with your arrival, you have changed the current state of Scribel City. Although some citizens hated your presence, it was undeniable that you were the crucial part of this City. Without your help, we might never be able to expand our influence this fast and steady.

Recently, we, the Scribel Library, had been filling up our shelves with knowledge obtained from your hard work. We are eternally grateful for your effort. With this, we could distribute a great deal of common knowledge to our natives, and helped them to lead a better life, and improve the City as a whole.

Now, as our gesture of goodwill, we put this quest up, in order to help cleanse your infamous image and restore your reputation as the great contributors of the Scribel City. Of course, we knew that you wouldn't take anything without any reasons, so we had decided to let you tell us about your previous worlds, before you come to the Great Tonia. It could be about anything, but the best would be, tales about the legends, real-life occurrences, technological knowledge, or simply your own adventures.

With them, we would slowly help you build a better reputation, and demonstrate that you, the adventurers, are humans, too.
Rewards
Exp: 50 (75)Money: 20(30) GOther: N/A
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (60)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 11 (12700/13200)
Quest: Tales of Old Worlds
Summary:
  • Briefly talked about Saphyll, the Elemental Isles of Aether(Atharlis) and her mother's titles
  • Told the founding legend of Dragon's Sin
Felicia sat across from the librarian, who was staring at her expectantly with obvious excitement in her eyes. A journal and pen, both brand new, were raring to go in her hands, as Felicia softly sighed and finally broke the silence.

"Well... I suppose let's start with Saphyll, the old world I originated from, which is still probably the only place I will think of as my true home."

"Saphyll is a world much like the one here, startlingly so actually, as when I first arrived, I thought this was just another continent of the same world. I never would've thought that this place was completely and utterly separate until all the facts were laid out before me."

"Within my old world, mythical creatures and races roamed free, alongside the arcane use of magic and mana, which was hereditary and passed through offspring. Actually, unlike Tonia, those without innate magic capabilities were looked down upon, and forced towards much harsher pathways in life, unless they managed to fight against the odds and prove their abilities some other way."

"Most children only inherit one of their parent's powers, or more uncommonly, a new power that is similar fundamentally to one of their parent's. This, fortunately, allowed the abundance of new magic abilities to nearly never reach extinction, which was something my old tutor informed me about before he was backstabbed by my own personal guard. I do wish I had thanked him for his hard work back then, ah, I'm getting off-topic, do ignore that last bit."

"Anyway, the specific continent I found myself bound to was known as Atharlis, or the Elemental Isles of Aether, which was known for its great population of clans with elemental magic dotted across its islands. My parents' clans, as well as where my kingdom was eventually formed and destroyed, were located on the Isle of Dreams. An odd name for a land consumed by warfare in my opinion."

"The legend I have come here to tell you about today was passed down to me from my mother, which originated from her clan, Dragon's Sin. To be honest, she was a legend in her own right, having earned the title Keeper of the Ancient Flame despite being known as a Wingless Dragon."

"Anyway, the legend starts as such."

"Thousands of years ago, before the clans were formed and the land was still ripe for the picking, there lived an old man by the name of Urygon.

He had sinned much throughout his lifetime, leading him to a life of banishment, wandering the wilderness.

Although regretful, he had been given no chance to repent or be forgiven, hence he constantly blamed and tortured himself until his end.

Despite all of his atonement, the world did not deem him ready to move on, as he was reborn into a gigantic and ferocious beast with scaled wings and a tail.

He had the power to destroy all those that ridiculed, harmed and executed him with a mere swipe of his finger, but Urygon chose to resist that urge and live docilely, only eating the creatures that wanted to die and satiating himself on natural flora.

Finally, the heavens looked upon him, pleased by his actions, and allowed him to be reborn once again as a human, who we now know as the Founder of Dragon's Sin, and the first Flaming Dragon."

"That's all I have for today, I may return another time to tell more stories, but that'll be left for the future to decide."

Felicia spoke calmly and steadily, leaving the librarian to continue scribbling down her notes as she left.

Last edited:

PriyaKitten

> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest [SC0202]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Go to the North Scribel Forest.
  • Collect a cart full of firewood.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing/breaking the cart.
Are you afraid of the forest? Monsters and goblins lurk in its depths.
Yet the city runs on firewood, and somebody needs to go chop trees.
Are you courageous enough to risk the dangers?
Rewards:
> > >

Status Report: Appraised

Niror after taking a small break walked to the guild to grab a cart and an ax for the next quest she is undertaking. Grabbing the cart, she walked to the northern forest. As she entered the forest she went a little deeper than normal before stopping scanning around slowly making sure everything is clear currently. She walked around the trees before stopping before she started to cut down the tree.

Taking her a few minutes before the tree fell she moved out of the way, pushing with her palm making it fall away from her and the cart before scanning around her. As it was clear she cut all the small branches before cutting the bigger branches throwing the cut logs into the cart as she slowly cut the tree - which was easier said than done. At least the tree wasn’t alive - or it couldn’t be firewood for a while.

It took her two hours of cutting trees and the trunks for finish loading the cart up - having only cut the smaller trees making it easier for her. As she started to pull the cart she froze, a small frown forming as she tossed the ax into the cart with the logs as her claws extended scanning around her. A group of four goblins came into view, she backed up making herself smaller making it harder for the group to see her.

The goblin group slowly made their way over, seemly inspecting the cart as there was no one nearby they can see. At least they are simple monsters if no leader or a large group, she thought to herself making sure to stay out of their sight. Eyeing the group quietly she stared at the strangler which was taking its time not really apart of the group seemly in its own world - this was the first one she’s going to target.

She readied herself, flexing her claws before quickly launching herself silently to the goblin, not even giving it a chance she grabbed ahold of its chin covering its mouth before quickly breaking its neck - making sure it was dead she carefully dropped it silently before hiding once more. She let out a shaky breath before eyeing the group of three which was now all around her cart - before she dashed forward, taking one by surprise clawing its neck before kicking it away aiming for the other two goblins.

As the two of the goblins reacted turning toward her, they couldn’t do much as her two small hands pierced their bodies, ripping out their hearts as both of them slumped to the ground. She let out a breath of air she was holding, as she grabbed the cart before quickly leaving the area, she didn’t want the blood to attract wolves or other monsters.

Arriving back at the guild she left the cart where she found it with the ax, handing the quest over to the lady at the counter, as well as her report before slumping down against the wall gripping her hands together. That sort of experience of stalking and hunting to her was eye-opening to her - she enjoyed it too much.

Last edited:

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

The last few days were more than enough fights on the fields - today, it is time for a mission in the mines. Searching for tunnel worms. From what I know, they can grind stone apart in their mouths with ease, allowing them to move through rock. But not very fast, and while they have scales, the pattern of their scales seems to be the typical pattern - overlapping downwards, meaning that while attacks from the side or front just glance off, that's not the case for attacks coming from behind - or just the right angle, really.

As my sling will only get in the way, I leave it and my current ammunition for it behind in my room, only taking my longsword with me, as well as some sealant I borrow for this job. I'm not confident I'll be able to actually kill a tunnel worm, but I'm confident it won't be able to kill me. So I march through the mines until I finally find a few suspicious holes and tunnels. Yes, this does look like a tunnel worm alright. I start gathering some rocks in the area and stuff them in the tunnel, then fix them in place with the sealant.

As I continue to seal tunnels, I notice faint vibrations in the floor, and my ear can barely pick up a grinding sound coming closer. Seems to be... from below me. I pretend not to notice it as I keep working at the tunnels, and when the sound is very close, I jump to the side, dodging the tunnel worm bursting out from the ground. It seems to be confused that it missed me, and I use that opportunity to jam my blade into its scales from below, piercing through the small gap it has to leave between its scales to allow for mobility. It whatever-you-call-it's in pain, and I rip my sword out, tearing off a decent area of scales before thrusting my sword into this new weak spot, twisting the blade around before I pull it out downwards, slicing the soft flesh underneath the scales open.

I barely manage to dodge the guts and blood falling out after that, and in a rather disappointing fashion, the tunnel worm dies. Just like that. I... kind of expected it to fight back, to be honest. Looking up... ah, it misjudged the height of the tunnel and got stuck in the ceiling. Lucky! While humming a song, I start to cut and rip off its scales until I have filled the sack, seal the last few tunnels, and return to the guild to hand in my report. That... was deceptively easy.
"Just like how deceptively easy it is to forget about family~" I gave him the reward and ran away
  • Money: 35 G

Leegood

Not yet appraised

> > >

Flower of the Blood Fields [GH0802]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Scouting the Lake
  • Search the Blood Fields near the lake at twilight.
  • Collect 1 Blood Flower.
  • Do not lure any enemies back to the city.
  • Note: Limit 1 quest per week
Poison. It's everywhere. You've seen it turn limbs purple and rot flesh from inside.
Ordinary antidotes aren't the most effective against Bloodbane venom.
In the Blood Fields, there is one flower only grows in the toxic earth.
It blooms at twilight and is extremely rare to find.
If you can find one, it might save someone's life.
Rewards:
> > >

Watery stood alone in the sky above the lake. She could feel her brethren still assaulting the fortification the dwarves made, as she associated the surge to that woman's spell circle. How many tunnel would fall after the day end she didn't know. Hopefully the dwarves could mitigate their attack.

They still called for her to join them. She resisted. Her target was the blood flower. As the sky began to turn into dusk, she began to search.

The flower which only bloomed at twilight was pretty easy to be seen when it was the only flower. Not to mention, it was the only thing that bloomed while everything rotted. Because of that, she immediately swooped it in from above and return.
"It is indeed the blood flower, Here you are~"
Rewards:

Leegood

"We accidentally ended up doing this quest on the way, so here you go."

"I snagged a quest on the way out, by the way. Not that I'm asking for help in particular, but it's a charming mountain with a charming history. The report's somewhat due anyway, so I figured I might as well since we're swinging by the place for skydiving anyway. You'll probably really like this quaint little place."

Giggling smugly, Ellania swept her way through the sky, her wings flapping harder to support the weight of two people. She was thinking of going by land at first, until the Qliphat realized that her travelling companion probably would not relish being lost in the wild for over a week. So she went with the flying option from the start, carrying Felicia as well.

"Ah, I think you'll be able to see it from this distance---that mountain that goes up and up, even past the clouds? That's where we're headed to."

Felicia slowly began re-thinking her life decisions at this point, as the lady with a pair of fallen angel wings glided peacefully in the sky with her in her arms.

How... did things get to this point? Someone, please tell me...

She thought exasperatedly, as the great Beastman Mountain gradually appeared over the horizon.

Of all places to skydive from...

Reluctantly accepting her fate, she used the strangeness of the whole situation to calm her mind. Afterall, the longer she was distracted, the less she'd have to think about what she'd done.

Gazing over the tall plains and the wild savannah they swiftly passed through, she must admit it was quite breath-taking seeing everything from an aerial view. Wild beasts eyed their flying figure warily, whilst the silver-haired maiden holding onto her swerved around the few trees dotting the savannah.

"...What's your name?" She called out suddenly, barely preventing a fly from entering her mouth as she spoke.

"Hmm?"

Ellania swerved midair to avoid running right into a rather tall tree, then swooped to pass under a low-hanging branch over a small lake, laughing as she did. She then regained their former altitude, her wings lifting them back higher.

"Oh! I haven't actually given you my name, have I? Sorry, that's completely my bad. I'm Ellania, but feel free to shorten my name if it'll make it easier to remember, haha~"

As the pair suddenly swooped and swerved over their surroundings, her feet being roughly grazed by prickly leaves, Felicia sighed once again.

Why did I entrust my life to this daredevil... Will I even make it back alive? Well, even if I don't, I suppose that could be one way for me to pay for my sins...

She thought gloomily, before listening to Ellania's reply. "No worries Nia, I never told you my name either... I'm Felicia. It's... nice to meet you." She responded calmly, devoid of the usual polite friendliness she always had.

"What, so I'm a cat nyaow? Very well, I'll allow it nya~ And listen to that sheer amount of enthusiasm in your voice, it simply gives people listening the chills, nyahaha~"

Giggling as she teased her passenger, Ellania rolled over midair such that she was flying on her back, and Felicia was now above her.

"Nya, nya, nya~ Still moody about our talk earlier? Nyavermind, I'll see what I can do to pull you out of it nya. Assuming we don't have an accident while nyadiving, but again, accidents nyare a part of life, nyesu! I think we'll be great friends, Cia~"

Bewildered by her sudden kitten-like nature, giving her minor flashbacks to the murder of Lila, she only just realized what her nickname sounded like. The faint ghost of a smile graced her face, before quickly disappearing like the wind.

"...It suits you." She commented simply, her mood slightly uplifted.

Suddenly, just as she was thinking good things about her flight partner, they suddenly did a position swap, with Nia flapping her wings beneath her.

"What. Are. You. Doing!" She yelled, before realizing she was somehow still safe flying in the air.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she continued warning after a pause. "At the very least, keep looking straight forward!"

Great friends huh?... Felicia thought to herself solemnly, remaining silent despite the other's clear enthusiasm.

"Nyathing like some fancy tricks mid-flight to secure the bonds of friendship, nya~ Of course, if I mess up accidentally then we'll probably fall to our nyeaths, but nyet just makes it all the more nyxciting, nyo?"

Nodding wisely as if she'd just said something profound, Ellania righted her flying posture once more. Now she was sitting in a cross-legged position like how one might lounge about on an imaginary chair, and Felicia was left sitting upright on her lap as well.

Although Felicia had many questions about her choice of explanation, she definitely had to disagree with the 'securing bonds' side of things, because if anything, the thing she felt the least right about now was security!

Not even surprised at this point, Felicia just passively watched as Nia swapped positions once again, this time into a strange sitting position with her in her lap. Although a little uncomfortable, she was more preoccupied with how comical her new companion appeared as she soared through the air in her awkward position.

"It's true. One needs adversity to grow, but too much of it will break anybody! A mistake is only a lesson when you learn something valuable from it, otherwise, it's nothing but excess burden. And when you finally reached your destination, that's when you should look back and think deeply into it, not before. The strongest of shields will not protect a person from themselves. But that's enough depressing stuff---time for a tongue twister! Repeat after me!"

Despite her intent, it didn't go as smoothly as expected.

"Nyanyame nyanyajyuunyanya-do no nyarabi de nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame~?” (Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?)

Mildly amused, Felicia was then suddenly startled as Ellania descended into a great philosophical talk, most likely in an attempt to comfort her. Watching her swap between moods so suddenly was fun to watch, even when she excitedly introduced a random tongue-twister from out of nowhere.

Deciding to play along for a bit, she briefly attempted playing her little game.

"Nyan nyan nyanyan jooyanya-do no nyanya de nyanyunyaku inyanku nyanyan nyanyaday nyannaku nyalabenya ganyagame~?"

She nya'd as well as she could, mimicking Ellania's changing tone and syllables with an odd seriousness. Her voice was naturally a bit more mellow and deep than Nia's, hence it sounded a little strange coming from her.

Not wanting to be teased by this crazy daredevil, she quickly asked a sudden question.

"A-Anyway, look, the mountain's right there, we should be passing through that watery veil soon right?"

"Ah, you're right. We'll be going up a little bit more, where the air is much thinner, so be sure to take deep breaths until we reach the city!"

Saying thus she started ascending, slowly building up for that last push into the city above the clouds. In order to do that, Ellania reverted to proper flying position once more whilst keeping a firm hand onto Felicia.

It would be fun to accidentally let my hand slip and then catch her before the bottom --- naw, let's not. I'll never hear the end of it.

Thus, with that wicked thought kept solely to herself, Ellania went back to the task at hand, which was to safely carry Felicia to the destination...and frowned whilst taking her own advice. There was a weird smell in the air.

"Say, Cia..."

Her voice took on a more serious note.

"...Is it just me, or do you smell ashes as well?"

Nodding at her words, she braced herself for the ascension, feeling a frigid sense of weightlessness as they rose. The cold air tickled her skin as she was hoisted into Nia's arms again. She was slightly surprised by Ellania's sudden no-nonsense attitude, before hearing her next few words.

Immediately, her face dissolved into a serious frown as she sniffed the air. The tell-tale murky stench of ash and fire assaulted her nose from afar. "Yeah...quick, let's go investigate." She patted the arms holding her, signalling her to raise her speed.

"Hold on tight. Don't bite your tongue."

Diving downwards, Ellania allowed herself to build up some momentum before her single pair of wings beat once more, pulling the two into a straight glide as they got nearer and nearer to the mountain. The Qliphat, looking around urgently, spotted the column of smoke rising into the air, and her frown got deeper. She pricked her ears up, straining to hear any possible sounds.

Nothing registered yet, but another few hundred metres later, the first sounds carried by the wind made itself known. The ringing of metal on metal, shouting, and as they drew even closer, the crackling of flames. Ellania tensed.

"It's the Oni. Sorry, Cia, but it looks like our skydiving plans will have to wait a little."

*****​

Nodding wordlessly, Felicia held onto Nia firmly as they dove rapidly towards the Beastman Mountain. After surveying the area cautiously, the familiar sound of battle and raging fire rung in both their ears simultaneously.

"No problem. It's those monsters you wrote about in your reports right? Aim for the head? Watch out for their speed despite their bulkiness? Some can turn invisible?" She inquired as each memory popped up, as the sight of blue skin was briefly revealed amidst the bubbling smoke of burning buildings.

"Let's go." She responded solemnly, silently not mentioning the fact that it was reported that the Oni fed on negative emotions.

Hah... Just try and kill me.

She thought to herself with an eerie confidence, oblivious to the madness that had arisen in her heart since that day.

"Hmm? My reports? I don't recall ever writing any of those in them...well, nevermind. But that invisibility thing is new. Bah! We'll deal with the problems as they arise! Ikuyo!"

Going in for a quick landing, Ellania simply exited flight mode over an oni, knocking the blue-skinned monster into the ground whilst ensuring that her passenger was not hurt by that stunt. She got into combat stance, pulling out two purple sword constructs and holding one in each hand as she did a quick glance of the surroundings.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry, I don't know why I suddenly thought you were an old friend of mine... must be my sentimental emotions getting the better of me." Felicia chuckled dryly, co-operating with her driver's landing procedure by kicking the oni in the back of its head as it fell to the ground.

After a short roll on the floor to alleviate her momentum, she immediately drew her enchanted blade, her prized weapon which she hadn't used in over a year, and sliced the fallen beast's head. Unfortunately, perhaps due to a mix of underestimating the monster's toughness, and her lack of combat experience as of late, she failed to cleanly slice it's head off.

"What a mess. This place is too far away from the river, but any time now---"

Ellania was interrupted by the sound of a horn, a loud blast that echoed through the forest. No doubt everyone in the mountain's range heard it.

"...Ten minutes. We just have to hold them back for ten minutes and reinforcements will be here. I'd like to look for survivors, but I don't think there's any around."

The Qliphat growled.

"Or we could kill most of them and send the rest packing."

"Tch." Felicia grumbled to herself as she listened to Nia's explanation of the warning horn, which she had blocked out earlier to concentrate on her strike.

Leaping to the side, as the oni lunged towards her, this time she let her mana flow into her sword before slicing its neck into two cleanly, her blade glowing a familiar icy blue before it dispersed with the wind. Swinging her sword to be rid of the monster's blood, she looked towards her companion with a strange twinkle in her usually dead eyes.

"How about both?" She vaguely smiled, as a lust for battle and bloodshed shook her body, despite a part of her still managing to convince her to search for survivors.

It took Ellania no time at all to come to a conclusion.

"Both it is. In the wake of the attacks, the number one priority when getting raided is to sound the horn and alert the city of an attack. If there are any survivors, they'd be making their way over to where that horn originated. We'll stand a better chance getting more out alive if we rendezvous with them there."

As she talked the constructs in her hand grew more detailed, and took on more solid hues as opposed to their initial translucent forms. Then the girl kicked out at what appeared to be thin air --- there was a pained grunt as the blue humanoid monster revealed itself, and she followed up with a stab right in the face. The blade cracked as it sank in deep, but Ellania shoved the oni backwards and clenched her empty hand.

The oni went down with a loud pop and stopped moving. A replacement blade was already taking form as Ellania started briskly walking forward.

"Let's go! I think the horn originated somewhere from this side!"

"I see, we should hurry over then!" Felicia responded excitedly, immediately turning towards the horn's source after silently thanking her companion for the explanation and logical deduction of events.

"Ah, your signature move I see." She commented as she watched her deal with the invisible threat whilst dealing with one of her own, before marching forth warily yet hastily with Nia.

"It's at times like these where I wish I had the power to control water freely, would make these invisible Oni a lot less difficult to deal with whilst also not costing me much in terms of mana." She grumbled, before summoning an icy mist with a ring of fire to circle around each of them, making it easier to spot the invisible Oni from afar.

"Ah, right, water and mist leaves traces when something touches them...you might be onto something there. Good thinking, Cia. You might have just reduced the number of casualties in further attacks."

Felicia blinked a few times at her companion's sudden praise. "Well, I just kinda came up with it on the spot to be honest, glad to hear it'd help though." She replied casually, her attention not really focused on the conversation.

Fortunately, most of the ones Felicia had to deal with were all brawn and no brains, not even trying to go invisible as she blasted their heads off with fire. After being slightly separated from Elianna due to fighting separate enemies, Felicia faintly heard the sound of a child crying from a tall burning building close by, which was unfortunately also surrounded by a group of Oni.

Kicking the feet out from an attacking Oni before jumping on it's shoulders and using her legs to wrestle it into the floor, Ellania caught a firm hold of the monster's head and gave it a sharp jerk to the side. With a snap it was rendered immobile, and she wasted no time taking off it's head. Another one down.

She rejoined Felicia and stared at the same building, noting the number of Oni.

"Hey, do you think you can distract those guys for me for a bit? For at least a minute, maybe five." She inquired, studying the tower-like building with a frown.

"Consider it done. I'll buy you six minutes and twenty-seven seconds. Go."

There was a large translucent orb in her hand which was growing ever larger, and when it reached the size she wanted Ellania flung it towards the area where more of them were, following closely behind it herself.

"That's more than enough time, alright, see you in a bit." She said farewell briefly as she dove straight into the burning building through a broken window, tearing a piece from her dress to cover her nose and mouth. She coated herself in a thin layer of ice just in case, even though she had a high resistance to temperature changes due to her contradictory powers.

It was difficult to navigate through the ruined building, as flames and smog covered her vision like an impenetrable haze. Climbing over and through some ruined furniture and walls, she finally reached the dilapidated staircase, which was half-torn off at the bottom, leaving a gaping hole straight to the house's basement. Unfortunately, what she wanted was to go up, not down.

Extinguishing the flames on a nearby sofa chair, she hauled it over and froze the air above it, giving her just enough height to haul herself atop the broken staircase's upper half. Just avoiding a falling piece of burning debris from the sky, she hurried over towards the weakening cries coming from a small room at the end of the hallway.

A little girl with black bunny ears and teary green eyes was stuck beneath a small pile of debris, the main source of which being the door that had collapsed on her. Still crying weakly, Felicia quickly rescued the girl from her burning prison and cooled her wounds with ice as she searched for an exit. Finding herself surrounded by burning debris that had fallen whilst she was freeing the little bunny, with the fire spreading closer to where she stood, she found herself with no choice but to jump out a broken wall onto the streets below.

Well, a few broken bones couldn't hurt right?

Okay, who was she kidding. Taking in a deep breath she yelled:

"NIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

On her end, Ellania had picked a fight with six Oni. But she wasn't nearly stupid enough to fight all of them at once, which was why she'd done what she did --- as the massive purple ball rolled towards a cluster of three Oni, the closest one lifted a club to whack it. She didn't wait for it to do that.

*Boom*

At her signal the massive ball fragmented to hundreds of pieces, blasting out in a form of rudimentary shrapnel, not that she expected it to work like that. Perhaps the ones closest to it would get some cuts, but that was not why she went to the trouble of making it.

"Got you!"

No, her purpose was to use the explosion of shards as a smokescreen, and her blade shattered after sweeping true, striking off a head from the neck stump before vanishing. The first oni fell to the floor dead even before the smoke was allowed to clear, and the Qliphat rushed to engage the other two.

When the smoke settled, restoring vision to normal, three headless bodies lay across the floor. Ellania clutched the arm which she'd taken a glancing blow briefly with in order to kill the second, and wasted no time lunging for the isolated fourth.

It charged and pinned her by her weapon against the wall, so Ellania kicked it right in the crown jewels. As the monster shrieked in pain she slugged it into the floor, and hacked it's head off, laughing while short of breath.

"Two more!"

She pulled out her rapier, and charged to meet them.

*****​

The last two oni toppled over just as she sheathed her rapier, and before she could pause to catch her breath, Ellania heard her name being shouting, and spotted the pair jumping out of the building from a higher level.

"Coming!"

Launching from a step right into a glide, the Qliphat did her best to catch them in time, and when that proved impossible she quickly positioned herself so that she would be able to cushion the two with her own body.

Unfortunately, that calculation of hers came true.

"Nyaow!"

Even though Felicia wasn't anticipating an actual rescue despite her instinctive yell for help, an actual rescue did indeed come, pitifully squished beneath her on the messy ground. Although surprised, she quickly lifted herself off her companion alongside the little bunny girl and helped Nia up.

"I didn't think you'd actually come! But thank you, that save was awesome." She praised, truly grateful for the fact that although they didn't know each other that well, Nia was willing to hurt herself to save them.

"Haha, you're a nice person at heart aren't you?" She teased playfully, before checking on the little girl staring at them dazedly within Felicia's arms. She was looking at the both of them as if they were shiny stars, worrying Felicia slightly if she had problems with her vision, before she was suddenly glomped by her tiny arms.

"Wahhh *hic* T-thank you...*hic* b-both of you..." She choked out tearfully as the weight of the ordeal that had just passed overcame her.

Comfortingly, just like when she was with the other slaves as Ari, she patted and ruffled her hair and ears, as beastmen started pouring in over the horizon.

"Wha---"

Realization hit her late, and the Qliphat flushed before fiddling with her sword hilt and looking away. There was a faint hint of red on her cheeks.

"I pulled off that rescue because it was beneficial to me, that's all...it's not like my body moved by itself or something. Don't be mistaken into thinking I'm a kind person. I'll---I'll bite. Nya!"

Ellania tugged at her own clothing, face looking the other way.

"A-anyway, the reinforcements have arrived. I'll go check on which direction the oni retreated from."

"Haha~" Felicia giggled at her friend's bashfulness before patting her on the back. "Sure, sure, whatever you say Nia~"

Deciding to halt her teasing in favour of the more serious matter at hand, she nodded. "Good idea, the more information we can get on them the better. Keep an out for anything we don't already know about."

"I'll see if I can pass this little one to her parents and explain the situation, or at least what we've seen of it, to the reinforcements. Hmm, can you think of someone who'd be their captain? If not I'll just grab a random soldier." She asked thoughtfully, not having the greatest memory of the reports she read a while back about Fuyu Machi.

"From the looks of it, I think it's just the guards who have arrived. I do remember that the city has two Guardians, but I don't really see either of them here. The Guards are a reasonable bunch, though they're not too excited about non-beastmen species. You won't believe how stiff they got around me during the first few months."

Snorting, Ellania took to the air, hovering just above the crown of the trees. As she glanced around carefully, she started noticing gaps forming in the treeline, scattered about haphazardly in the same direction, heading out of the forest. Trees tumbled to the ground as she looked on.

"Found the rough direction. I'll attempt pursuit, see if I can catch a straggler or two. I'll leave this part to you."

Then she flew off in that direction.

"I see, thanks." She responded as she watched the reinforcements arrive in a quick yet stable march, some with tails, ears, wings and even horns like an Oni's.

"Alright, take care, if anything happens I'll leave a mark or something." She nodded, before turning towards a pair of beastmen soldiers warily approaching her.

It seemed they had vaguely recognized Ellania before she took off, hence giving Felicia a bit more credibility and not assuming she was a random kidnapper that had taken away a young child amidst all this confusion. But still, their distrust of her was clear to see.

"What happened here?" A beastman with slitted irises and a forked tongue interrogated her calmly, hiding his hostility and giving her a chance to explain herself. At the same time, the other soldier, with a bat's wings, held out his hands, clearly wanting to take the child in her arms from her.

Handing the little girl over compliantly, who seemed a little reluctant to leave, Felicia faced the tall snakeman and explained everything that had happened from the very beginning, including why they were at the Beastman Mountain in the first place.

"Skydiving..." He hissed doubtfully, but after affirming the little girl as an eye witness, he took her words as the truth.

"On behalf of the beastmen, I thank you for saving this child and helping battle against the Oni. We'll handle things from here, so you and your friend are free to do your business." He thanked them politely before dismissing them quickly, seemingly having a particularly negative view towards the non-beastmen.

Realizing she was free to go, Felicia found herself at a bit of a loss as the pair walked away from her. Still, wanting to do something whilst she awaited news from Nia, she searched around the wreckage and debris for possible survivors.

From the direction which Ellania had flown off to, there was a resounding explosion, followed shortly by a startled laugh, and a few ten minutes later the Qliphat emerged from behind some trees, chuckling before tripping over a tree root and landing face first in the dirt.

"Ow, that actually hurt, dammit! Hahaha!"

As she pushed herself to a sitting position, it was immediately quite noticeable that Ellania had taken quite a bit of damage. Her clothes were burnt and tattered in many places, while her hair was singed partially and angry red patches riddled the giggling girl's exposed skin.

"Apparently the oni I managed to chase down was a variant, and it blew itself up just as I was about to capture it! Good to know, nyahaha!"

Surprised by Nia's sudden appearance, and just as she rescued an unconscious child with a bear's ears buried in debris, she quickly made her way over and checked on her wounds.

"Ah, you idiot, be more careful next time!" She scolded as she knocked her crazy friend on the head, careful to avoid areas she was injured. Immediately, she set to work cooling down her burns using her ice magic. She also quickly tore a nearby curtain from a ruined house and used it to wrap her friend's open wounds.

"Good work on finding that out though... things could have turned out much worse." She commented as she finished up her emergency treatment.

The boy in her arms groggily awoke, with Felicia already having treated his burn wounds to the best of her abilities. Suddenly, he darted out of her arms and ran towards someone behind her.

"Papa!" He cried out tearfully, as a bear man with a fancy hat and bulging muscles quickly glomped his son in his arms. After their tearful reunion, they thanked her gratefully, realizing he would've suffocated or died from his injuries without her help.

And then, it was just her and Nia again.

"So what now? I don't think we can go skydiving with your current injuries~" She mentioned calmly with a hint of playfulness, all signs of her solemnity and sorrow clearly erased by the new adventure she's having.

"Pish posh, apple sauce! It's just my body that's taken a beating, not my wings. Plus, I made a promise and I intend to keep it, more so since you patched me up. Also also, if a little injury like that puts me off of my daily schedule, then I can just retire and forget all about seeking vengeance~"

Ellania's tone was as breezy as it had been up until this point, but a little iron had unknowingly slipped into it nearing the end, and despite her passionate smile, flames of a different kind of passion danced in her irises. Then she shook her head and went back to her usual self.

"Ah, so your wings mean more to you than your body I see I see~"

"Even if we can go skydiving still, since your wings are fine, that doesn't mean your body won't be unfazed by it all. A strong wind can bite like a blade you know? But if you say so~"

"Haha true~ Same here to be honest~" Although Felicia's tone had no signs of the same severity Ellania had.

"Well, it is true that we got side-tracked and I'm starving thanks to the fight. Guess we'd better have a meal in the city first. The mountain's up ahead, so...this way!"

She started leading the way forward.

"Okay, I wonder what the local cuisine is like here, to be honest. Do... beastmen eat meat?" She inquired curiously as she walked alongside her battered friend.

"They do, actually. I believe I asked about the matter before, but according to them it's normal. I mean, sometimes humans do eat humans as well."

Ellania quipped, following the trail that led further into the forest and closer to the mountain.

"...I see." Felicia responded slowly, somewhat discomforted by the latter half of her statement.
@Feathers95
"Heroes~ welcome back from your journey~" I handed them both the rewards
@Feathers95
EXP: 300
Money: 55

Leegood

Not yet evaluated.

> > >

Rock Slide in the Tunnels [GH0801]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Repairing the Dikes
  • Go to the rock slide in the tunnels.
  • Clear the rubble and search for survivors.
  • Support soldiers trapped on the other side.
We have an urgent communication from a dwarven brigade fighting in the tunnels.
There was an explosion in the tunnel, and a rock slide blocked their exit.
They are cornered, outnumbered by monsters, and unable to retreat.
We need to send a team down there to clear a path home for a warriors!
This is an active battle zone. You may need to fight your way down to ground zero.
Rewards:

She knew her knowledge about engineering was pretty low. But as long as there was crevices, she could pass through the rock slide. How severe it was, she didn't know. But, she would at least attempt to pass through. If not, her admittedly small experience in engineering would at least help the team.

Arriving at the zone, she asked the team leader to go first to support them, if they still survived. Even if she loses in strength contest, she believed in her endurance. That was the only thing that allowed her to survive until now. Admittedly, against a trained opponent, she could lose her mass rapidly and be incapacitated that way. But after the time she absorbed the water into her, she felt her capacity increase somehow.

They were racing against time. The engineering team began their work to clear the rubble, while she slithered through the crevices to go to the other side. As she arrived, she reformed her shape and create a spear. three survivor. She could work with that.

"Help is coming!" She shouted as she charged forward. The first thing she could do was to give them respite by making an ice barrier. Letting her mass covered the area in front of her, she froze it.

the others immediatly moved with more vigor. They knew that they still have to dispatch the remaining enemy. Turning back, she twirled her spear and stab it at one of the snake. It evaded a few times, even lunged at her. When it lunged into her, she froze it with her water. with her threat neutralized, she looked at the others.

With no more reinforcement, they could move from being defensive to offensive immediately and dispatch their opponent. They even moved on to other opponent. One of them had even killed their second opponent during the time she defeat one.

She leaned her back on the frozen wall. It wouldn't do for the enemy to break it. As for the soldiers, they took their breath for a moment, before looking at her.

"The engineering team has arrived in the other side." She began.

"Hah... at last, we are saved..."

They talked. For their ten-man team, only the three of them and the two messenger who returned to the base remained standing. They brought their friends
there. But without help soon, their friends might not survive against the poison.

She herself didn't carry anything. She had to reinforce the ice wall constantly, else the enemy might break through. a pick made of ice would just shatter against the wall in three to four hits, if not less.

She didn't know if her decision to protect them instead of helping the engineer team like she was supposed to do. At least she brought time for the engineer team. Though she hoped they could save those who were poisoned here.

After waiting for a while, the engineer team broke through. Relief could be seen on the face of the three conscious guys. As for the poisoned ones, one of the medic there treated them as best as he can. Nevertheless, the engineering team carried them, and they returned.
"Hero thy have saved lives today, Here is thy reward." I was a bit tired so I was beginning to start putting fun in my words
Rewards:

Leegood

I was called to the captain’s cabin, I entered the room after I knocked on the door.

“You need me, Captain?”

“Yes, Tokai. Head to the south, My men will be waiting for you.”

“Alright then.” He wanted me to check around his turf. A clueless merchant who settled down without notifying him will be plundered. I met up with Kingsley’s people inside the alley. We were about to raid the warehouse.

“Ain’t this our new chef, Tokai!? I’m Bartley. Those men on my back are Jason, Brazz, Kid, and Claus. We will be looking for a merchant named Torch. They’re transferring slaves under our area, make them pay.”

Bartley and others knew where is warehouse is. I just needed to follow them. We forced our way into the warehouse. There were an equal amount of guards and my team. Since there are only few mages around the town, I need to be careful about using my magic. We engaged in a sword fight at the entrance of the warehouse. I got some scratch around my leg and left arm before I was able to knock out my opponent.

Inside building, there were cargos and cages with slaves inside. Child slaves. They seem not to be born around here. I had to ask the merchant where they came from.

“I will find the merchant. You guys carry the goods.”

“Ya need help?” Bartley asked.

“I can handle this.”

“Hmph. Show off!”

There was a room when I went up to the second floor and it’s locked I enhanced my body and kicked down the door, I found a well-dressed man. I tackled the guy down and pointed my dagger at him.

“Where do the kids come from! Where did you kidnap those children!”

“*Coughs* They are from Scribe- You! I’ve seen you before. You’re the adventure from the Scribel! What are you doing here, fighting with these criminals!”

“You talk too much.” I punched his jaw knocking him out on the floor. I took a blank paper from his table, write the message and burn it. That paper will alert another agent to arrest him later.

“You’re finished? He got any booty with him?” Claus came in from the door.

“Aye, There’s nothing here. Let’s go back. Did you release the slaves?”

“Yes. They are free until they stop to struggle, like a sheep that wait for its own death.”
"All the way from Scribble City? how Dastardly! It's good of you detective that you keep these deviants locked away good I say!"
  • Money: 40 G
  • Other: N/A

Leegood

Un-evaluated
This quest seemed to be required for lots of quests in the future. So I took it. The birds were nice to me unlike the eel. There were not any pests that appeared however I did have to make sure to feed the pigeons and they needed some exercise around the coup which required locking and bolting all the doors and windows. Then letting the pigeons out into the larger area of the tower whilst scattering food and such to all corners of the room. The birds seemed to enjoy themselves. I can't say the same for myself. It was bland and boring. Then again recently that has been all that has been felt or expressed from my body and my mind. That is all that is left here after all. boredom and blandness. The letter seems to have laughter emanate from it. Anyway a satisfactory job was completed.
"Thank you mister messenger person~ These messages are good with you~"
  • Other: A mailman badge

Leegood

Unevaluated

The road towards the city is covered By morning fog... A white girl is carrying a unconscious lady whose bigger than her on her back in a piggyback ride.

strapped on her body is a large leather bag containing Large amount of Gold coins.

The white girl simply looks at the morning sun then continue her walk making sure not to wake up the sleeping lady.

[.... Its the 4th day now.... Oh well ] She whisper.

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 8 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Hostage Situation
Quest report:

Within the Shadows of the dense Forest... A blood red eyes Silently watches... Quietly Observing, hiding inside the forest darkness.

[ Its been two days... Still nothing ] I voice echoed inside the shadow.

She is Reciful... Currently doing a rescue mission.

She received a quest to rescue a particular important individual who got herself kidnapped by Some Highwayman.

She received this quest not because she is a famous Adventurer... Its the opposite. She received it because she is not famous at all, a Adventurer who's face is not well known.

Only few people interact to her (A̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶). Reciful is quite unknown, Mostly She is known only as the Weird white girl who sometimes appears inside the Adventurer Tavern just to order "Milkshake" & seen always Strolling around the city. But no one really knows her & Due to her young looks people tend to forgot that she is even a Adventurer in the first place.

That's why she is the perfect person to deliver the ransom money & rescue the hostage..... Cause they will be less cautious of her.... She looks like a weak innocent newbie Adventurer after all.

Reciful Decided to Observe for 2 day & got nothing much out of it. other than knowing that there is a person spying within the city watching.

When the third day comes Reciful change her approach she casually Delivered the 5000G ransom money to the forest in a bold manner, deliberately telling them she is the one who will deliver the ransom.

When she's deep in the forest, making sure that no one is around.... She entered the Shadow within the Bag containing the Ransom money.

In short a Trojan horse like plan... But much creepy.

After an Hour past... Two men appears from deep in the woods.

They laughingly approach the bag of Gold coins & seems like they have no intention of releasing the Hostage... they plan to sell her to a terrible slave merchant after playing with her body later tonight.

They were in a merry mood & takes the money to their hideout. Their cautiousness vanished, they forgot Reciful who Delivered the money... They forgotten to question who she is & why she suddenly seemingly Vanished... They never see her comes out of the forest.

They became carefree, oblivious that they are caught in the trap of Reciful... Now they unknowingly bring her to their hideout where the hostage is.

Night falls inside an abandoned tower at the edge of Biome forest(Northern Forest)

10 highwayman is busy drinking liquor celebrating their success today.

Not far away from them, in the very corner of the room. A pretty young girl dressed in a fancy dress, tied up crying & Shivering in fear... She have a vague idea what fate will befall her soon... She is in utter despair.

While The bag of money is in front of the group surrounding it... They all were like Vicious beasts. all can't wait to have their share of the gold coins.

The Leader laughingly opened the bag containing gold coins.

What He expected to see is plenty of Gold coins when he opened the bag.

Yet...

A Pure white face of a very beautiful Girl with Blood red eye smiling at him pop up from inside the bag instead of Gold!

[ Hi there ] Reciful says with a innocent smile.

Immediately before the Highwayman Leader could show a surprised reaction. A Cleaver Knife & a Chopping Axe slashed his fat neck like a guillotine.

Reciful swung her Cleaver & Axe with merciless great ferocity at the man's neck decapitating the leader & making his head soar in the air.

Fountain of Blood sprouts out. Everyone is in shock & great confused.

A pure white girl with white hair, white skin, white dress & blood red eyes. Emerges in the bag.

Reciful who hides within the shadow inside the bag, slowly crawl out from within the leather bag container spilling the gold coin within it to the floor.

[ Mana Gather into me & be tainted in Darkness... Black fog ]

After a harmonious beautiful quiet voice...

Imperceptible fog of darkness instantly burst out from the white girl covering the entire room in pure black, blinding them... It shallowed the light of the Torches & lamps making it useless.

The Highwayman were all in utter chaos! They were caught off guard unable to see, Fear slowy invading their heart... As they face the unknown.

[ Mana Gather into me & Be tainted in Darkness.... Black Bullets... Scatter ]

Another harmonious chant. Followed by a sounds of agony & death... They heard the disembodied cries of their comrade.

[ Good~ now 4 more Baddies to go.... ]

After hearing those words that echoed in the black fog surrounding them... Their minds breakdown, they scream & panic in fear swinging their swords in the air.

[ Ouch! Ouch!.... You hurt me! ] Reciful Said as one of the man's sword luckily land several hits on her.... But before even the remaining guys recover their confidence & counter attack.... Reciful Spoke a Inhuman words that breaks their heart.

[ Now I need to eat Meat to heal~.... Luckily there is Plenty of Supply here... Including you four ahahaha ]

[ Darkness: 8 Demonic arms.... Grab them & break their limbs!! ]

[ Really its fortunate I have a Butcher cleave. ]

A very loud terrible screams followed by disturbing fleshy sounds of something being tear off echoes within the black fog.

When everything became quite.... A uncomfortable gobbling sounds of someone eating is the only noise left.

When the black fog Cleared very fortunate for the lady hostage.... She did not see the scene in the room afterwards for she lose consciousness before hand due to fear. She did not know the slaughter & have no recollection of what happened before the leader opened the bag.

Cause if she did.... A trauma complete different aside from being kidnapped she'll suffer from for sure.

OCC..........
"The Rescuer~ here's your reward~"
  • Money: 30 G

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

After the easy fight - or rather, one-sided slaughter yesterday, today is time for something harder. After joining up with a group consisting of a mix of heavily armored and lightly armored dwarves, we move on into the tunnels. It doesn't take long until we reach the breached area, with mud swept in by the water as well as lower parts filled completely submerged with the dirty water. Yeah, no idea what's in there, and I'm not planning to enter that anytime soon.

Just as I want to turn around, another dwarf takes some sort of weird device. "Now, Imma throw this in there, and then we run before it explodes, aye?"

I agree, confused, and follow the group as we run back in the tunnel, taking a safe distance to the water - before something explodes in there, the dirty water splattering against the tunnel walls and ceiling, along with some of the ooze typical for the snake's blood.

"What the hell was that...?" I wonder, and a dwarf happily responds: "Some sort of underwater bomb the alchemists made. Say they made it from salt."

"Salt!?"

I can't help but shudder, knowing that something as deadly as that can be made from salt - and the fact that we use salt, which can be used to make an explosion like that, in our food. We continue to sweep through the tunnels, easily emptying any water of monsters with these "bombs". Every time I witness such an explosion, I feel less like using salt in my food ever again.

Then we finally stumble upon the first few basilisks that are on land - and the heavily armored part of our group easily pins them down, the basilisk's fangs and claws struggling to penetrate their armor. While they are distracted, the lightly armored part of the group - including me - sweep in for the kill, quickly killing the already struggling basilisks.

In that manner, we quickly clear the tunnels. Really, it seems like primitive beasts don't stand any chance at fighting truly prepared and well-equipped groups of soldiers. With that finished, we return to the city and I hand in my report.
"It's so easy here since it's hard at home!" I gave the rewards and ran away again
  • Money: 30 G / person