Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Build a moat. I don't think slimes can swim.
I am not sure how we would be able to dig a moat in such a short period of time, however... Why do you wish to fill the moat with water?

Wouldn't be much more effective to just leave it as a big hole that they can fall in and then... Uhn... Taking the appropriate measures to make sure they do not threaten other civilians anymore...

Because I do not think it is wise to expect a being whose body is mostly fluid to be unable to swim. Perhaps your supposition is correct, but it is not one I would like to bet people's lives on.

Llamadragon

Left without any natural predators, it's easy for a huge number of slimes to form - they would only be limited by food. Remember, we are the invaders to this world; the slimes have been living and breeding here for most likely centuries.
That makes it even worse. Whatcha gonna do when the predators DO show up and they finish their all they can eat buffet?

kilnareth

I am not sure how we would be able to dig a moat in such a short period of time, however... Why do you wish to fill the moat with water?

Wouldn't be much more effective to just leave it as a big hole that they can fall in and then... Uhn... Taking the appropriate measures to make sure they do not threaten other civilians anymore...

Because I do not think it is wise to expect a being whose body is mostly fluid to be unable to swim. Perhaps your supposition is correct, but it is not one I would like to bet people's lives on.

It's probably a stupid idea, but why don't we just lead the slime horde away? Like have someone act as bait and lure the slimes, or most of them anyway, as far away as possible?

Llamadragon

It's probably a stupid idea, but why don't we just lead the slime horde away? Like have someone act as bait and lure the slimes, or most of them anyway, as far away as possible?
Could work, depending on the variety of slime, but if they're controlled then it's pointless, and worst case scenario they can combine and it's just gonna be a massive tsunami of corrosive death following whomever gets sent in there.

It could be an opportunity. We could send people to help surviving civilians, set up camp, and just have a free XP fest for low-leveled adventurers, indefinitely..

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
*happily sips milk oblivious to the conversation going on*

Let's see, who else interesting is new~?

he was often given offerings by superstitious people
:blob_aww: What's the coolest offering you've ever gotten?
His name came from the one who took care of him growing up
:blob_melt: That's so cute! What was their name?
possibly due to the lack of sun exposure
:blob_hmph: That's no good! You've got to go outside! We need to find someone to drag you to the beach!
Backstory:
:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: I... I don't even know what to say!
Though it doesn't possess a clear consciousness
So um... can we talk...? I like to talk! Well, only if you like to talk, of course! We should be friends! And talk lots and lots and lots!
After wandering through the town, it found a crate with a weird thing in it. It followed the creature, and like it, decided to join the strange group the creature joined. Though it joined much later, as it had to learn how to read and write.
*peeks* Creature? Where? Where? Is it a cute one?

AliceShiki

If you can find any volunteer that is willing to risk their life for such endeavor...

Although I have to wonder... How would you stop them from following you back after you lure them far away?

kilnareth

I was about to offer myself as bait...

But scouting out the situation first and helping the people is fine with me! In fact, it'd be best of we could get a live specimen from the horde to really know how it ticks.

GM

But scouting out the situation first and helping the people is fine with me! In fact, it'd be best of we could get a live specimen from the horde to really know how it ticks.
That's not a bad idea! Someone can post a quest for that too, if they'd like!

Feel free to use guild funds!

kilnareth

If you can find any volunteer that is willing to risk their life for such endeavor...

Although I have to wonder... How would you stop them from following you back after you lure them far away?

I have my ways. I've escaped from something far gnarlier than a slime horde...

No... that's a lie, I think... What's worse, a horde of acidic slimes or three giant salamanders with poisonous breath?

Yorth

Swordman
@GM I think we need to first wait for the first scouting team to come to give an accurate description of the number of the slimes and their behavior. Remember that the only account we have is from that of a half sober man.

GM

@GM I think we need to first wait for the first scouting team to come to give an accurate description of the number of the slimes and their behavior. Remember that the only account we have is from that of a half sober man.
Fair enough!

AliceShiki

I have my ways. I've escaped from something far gnarlier than a slime horde...

No... that's a lie, I think... What's worse, a horde of acidic slimes or three giant salamanders with poisonous breath?
If we were back in my world, I would undoubtedly say the slimes are the scarier one...

Over here though? Slimes seem to be unusually... Tame. With this in mind, I'm afraid I'm unable to judge which one would be most dangerous as I am unable to assess the degree of threat of neither a slime or a Salamander... I will say though, that what you did was an impressive feat nonetheless, few can survive to tell this kind of tale.

kilnareth

@Yorth I've heard you've encountered some slimes during your quest in the sewers?

Maybe we could start from there and study a specimen to be prepared for the future. Who knows, maybe the slimes you met down there might have been part of the slime horde but got separated.

Moshi

:blob_aww: What's the coolest offering you've ever gotten?
A red bead necklace - it's too small to wear in human form, so I keep it in my bag.
:blob_melt: That's so cute! What was their name?
His name was Lin Wei, sort of the keeper of the local shrine. The locals and I called him "Lao Lin" (old Lin).

GM

After picking up the quest from the reception desk, I headed toward the northern forest where Brightweed could be found. I had thought that since the basic flora around the outer region had hints of mana, I had wondered how it would affect the fauna. From my observations between morning up until the sun was at its peak, I have found that Brightweed is more abundant the more one ventured deeper into the forest. Not only that, beasts that could manipulate mana can be seen in what I would assume the inner region of the forest. Luckily I was able to buy some materials to map out the area so I wouldn't get lost, and was hoping that this would catch me a high price if I sell it.

But as I was about to conclude my observations and end the day, I made a shocking discovery. It was a magical beast that looked like a large boar with dark brown fur, a white mane and large tusks that could pierce a whole man through. It's gaze and aura was feral, unlike the usual magical beasts I've encountered, but more importantly was the fluctuation of mana around the boar. It was erratic and violent as it grew rapidly with no signs of stopping while it gorged itself upon the carcass of a tiger-like magical beast. I thought that with my concealing abilities that I would be undetected but the moment I had laid eyes on the feral beast, it sensed it and turned its head towards me.

I've seen my fair share of danger, but looking at the boar's demonic red eyes sent chills down my spine. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of how I escaped but what you need to know is that this... 'thing' can easily topple down trees as if they were saplings and can manipulate the earth element to defend and attack. I managed to lure it away from Scribel but in exchange, I had a broken arm and an exhausted mana core.

I've read of a phenomenon called 'demonification' from an ancient tome that I had read previously, and based on what I read, that was definitely a demonized boar. I will make an entry in the Library regarding this phenomenon so that others will know.

But please... for the sake of our adventurers... do not enter the inner region of the northern forest.
Scary scary... Although the fact that you omitted the way with which you escaped the demon take away much of your report's credibility, with everything that has been happening lately, I don't think we can take any chances. While your broken arm and exhausted mana core does show that you have encountered danger, they do not say anything about a demonified creature. Either way, the inner forest shall be a forbidden zone for any low-level adventurer once @GM makes his decree.

Quest Rewards:
Exp 45
2 G
For now, I'm circulating a warning in the tavern that there might to be a scary demon monster thingy in the deeper parts of the forest north of Scribel.

...Meanwhile I guess we'll need to think of a system to spread cautionary warnings? :sweat_smile:

Well, let's wait and see! If there are any more sightings, we can consider what the next steps are.

Alchyr

Hi! I just got here. Is there a demon monster thingy? Is it strong? Do you think it'd be fun to fight?

GM

@Yorth I've heard you've encountered some slimes during your quest in the sewers?

Maybe we could start from there and study a specimen to be prepared for the future. Who knows, maybe the slimes you met down there might have been part of the slime horde but got separated.
There was also a quest report from Robert with a slime fatality -- possibly an unusually aggressive slime?
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 0)
Quest: Slime Subsigation
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of defending the city of Scribel from the vicious nuisance of the slime horde. This quest was rated as a level one quest by the City. You have wronged me! These slimes must be at least level five! My beloved sword, Ludwig Von Stabtoven, was permanently scarred by the first slime I tried to engage in combat. Further, the slime was able to repel my attacks and inflicted grievous injury to my person. Not only that, but once I engaged the first slime, twenty others pounced upon me killing my compatriot, Rolf, who was only there to carry these "slime cores" you requested. If not for the timely assistance of a carriage returning to the city which ran over the slimes, I might have perished. I did retrieve twenty of these "slime cores" from dead slimes, but I hope that you will raise the difficulty of the quest for those unfortunate level one adventurers like myself in the future.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman

kilnareth

There was also a quest report from Robert with a slime fatality -- possibly an unusually aggressive slime?

This is definitely a start. I'll go and make contact with this Ducksmouth fellow once I have fully recuperated. My arm is still a bit sore from a quest this morning.

Do you happen to know where this gentleman lives?

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Woah, there's a lot of people here!
Wonder if I can "borrow" some money from people here~? Nah probably not worth it.
Oh, excuse me! Excuse me, the elf over there! Mr. Vor! Hi, names Noel, big fan and sorry for interrupting what seems like an important meeting but anyways I've always wanted to ask you something ever since I read your report and profile at the guild! I remember you boasting about your eyes that were able to see magic, by the way those eyes are indeed very beautiful~, and I have been dying to ask you a question ever since! What exactly does Mana look like? From where I'm from I've never heard of mana and was curious about what exactly it was!