Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Leegood

"Of course, miss Letianna, I still have my promise to show you around the city to fulfill after all, I'll be sure to come back safely."

OOC:

"I'll go back to work then."
Blushing a bit as I myself forgot about the tour I waved and went back to cooking in the kitchen with the red wine Pierre gave me to make the special braised ribs.

Ooc *uses food reverse card*

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"I'll go back to work then."
Blushing a bit as I myself forgot about the tour I waved and went back to cooking in the kitchen with the red wine Pierre gave me to make the special braised ribs.

Ooc *uses food reverse card*
"Take care."

Reciful

In a certain table inside the tavern

"hm♪ hm♪ hm♪ hmm♪~ hm♪ hm♪ hm♪ hmm♪~ "

Something is shining inside the tavern, in a table near the window. Where a beautiful little girl sits all alone. A song can be heard, echoes inside the tavern premises.. carried by the wind towards the street, everyone can hear her voice.

" Cut♪ cut♪ & Cut♪ them all in pieces♪~ turn them all, in bitable size♪~ Cut them♪ Cleave them♪~ My knife♪ My butcherer♪~"

The girl sang with a lovely angelic voice as she sways her feet underneath the table.

" Chop♪ chop♪ & Chop♪ them all in haft♪~ separate, their torso & legs in two♪~ Slash them♪ strike them♪~ My Axe♪ My Woodcutter♪~"

She sang, as she lifted her Meat Cleaver, & Cutting Axe above, Staring at it lovingly, with eye containing but innocent alone.The sunlight hits its cold iron surface, Reflecting, glowing, making the scene ephemeral as if from a painting depicting holiness.

" With this, Reciful.... Shall cut all of you down~" she declared... To no one... indicating.. to no one.

"..... Let's hunt... Some bad being, My Cleave, My Axe... Let's, Hunt, Now~... Let's, hunt, them all down~ " Reciful said with a small smile without any malice, evilness or wickedness..... A pure smile.

The infamous beautiful Eerie girl who is always alone, truly is 'an mesmerizing flower with hidden venomous Thorn's' that shall deceive the world.

Last edited:

GM

---⌈夜卜街⌋

“Eternal Night City.”
Why does this sound so familiar~ Hmm, yokai? :blob_hmm_two:
What displeased her even more was the realisation of exactly how the barrier worked. She had kept her eyes on the mountain for the entirety of the first day, and when she checked again at evening, she'd made far more progress than her previous visit. Just to confirm her theory Vicious spent the second day doing the exact same thing.

If you don't keep your eyes on it frequently while running, the barrier nudges you off course just so slightly, making you waste time on detours. And I have no evidence to back it up as of now, but I believe once someone foreign makes it a good way to the mountain, Sora would detect them coming. Although, it's possible that the barrier has weakened further...I hope not.
So a question here is how are ordinary adventurers are supposed to get there when @Epsil clearly struggled to get to Fuyu Machi?

If we establish a trade relationship, how will the merchants and civilians get through the barrier?
“Perhaps I am. But I have seen your proposal, adventurer, and pray tell me this; why should I set aside a piece of land in the Winter City for your guild’s use, alongside offering benefits and waiving taxes? My soldiers are not weak, as I’m sure you’ve seen.”
Is it just me, or do they seem unwilling?
“A fair point, Madam. But I’m also sure that you are aware that beyond the mountain and the forest is no longer the land which you once called home. Your Miko has mentioned this quite a while ago, I’m sure, and the implications of that you very well know. A new land comes with new demands, and with those new demands come a new source of trouble---which your city isn’t too equipped to be facing at the moment, if I may say it plainly.”
To be fair, we don't even know what's beyond the mountain and forest. Isn't it bluffing to say that we're able to handle it?

If you ask me, lately it's been feeling like our adventurers are spread thin. Can we afford to commit more adventurers to a new place? Or better yet -- is it worth it for the guild to redirect adventurers in Gelderholm to Fuyu Machi? Since @Bochi has been there recently, would you support the guild pulling adventurers from Gelderholm to send them to Fuyu Machi? If yes, why?

Are those talismans and mana ores worth the lives of dwarvs?
“You’re ignoring the Savras in the bushes, Madam. I have no doubt that this mountain is very holy, given that I’ve spent some days here. However, even your patron deity might have trouble influencing matters in a different world and you know it’s the truth. Your guards are doubtlessly a fine bunch as well, given who trains them, but they have not yet fought against the monsters of these lands. Beastmen make for amazing fighters, and I should know that, but there are various other powerful organisations in this world as well. Over in the distance is a huge empire of human supremacists looking to conquer and unite everything under their banner, while Sarkaz and assassins lurk in the shadows. Look down not on torches, else the darkness will surprise you when the campfire dies.”
Perhaps working together is a desirable thing... you bring up a good point that the world is a dangerous place.

I think for now... perhaps we can send an invitation for one of them to come over for tea.
“Pretty much, yeah. It’s almost noon, so let’s go get some lunch. That reminds me, you were asking about it earlier, weren’t you? The mountain’s blessing. Within the mountain is a leyline from our old world, so mana is in abundance around here. Crops grown here and ores mined here naturally contain some measure of mana in them, and we use them to make amazing enchanted pieces. You picked up that kanabo from the market in the Winter City, didn’t you?”

“Yep. Cost me a pretty penny. But it’s quite worth it, I think. Material’s harder than steel but lighter than iron and has that traditional feel to it as well. It’s definitely a weapon forged for the battlegrounds. What’s this thing socketed into the handle, though?”
Sounds nice. Are they willing to trade it? What would they want from us? Fuyu Machi seems to be quite a wealthy country. Are they willing to trade it for anything that we have?
“Well, I did say the mountain was blessed. Last I checked, apparently socketing a piece of jade to any item gives it a bonus effect. Let me see that kanabo again...yep, it’s enchanted. The paper slips are talismans, by the way. We use them to ward off evil spirits and counteract bad luck.”
And finally, just to let you know, the Adventurer's Guild does not deal with merchants. That's the Merchant's Guild. And if the Adventurer's Guild is wise, they'll capitalize on this chance before the Merchant Guild sinks their jaws into Fuyu's market.
Ah... I suppose I agree more with @Vanus here. The Adventurer's Guild isn't exactly enemies with the Merchant Guild. If anything, we often work together and share the profits.

Our guild lacks wagons and traders and all that infrastructure to do the trading ourselves.

Similarly, the Merchant Guild often requires protection.

If we were to establish a trade relationship with Fuyu Machi, then most likely we would collaborate with the Merchants guild.

Adventurer's Guild ---- Merchant's Guild ---- Merchants

The Adventurer's Guild works with Merchants only when the Merchant Guild sends out requests. If the Adventurer's Guild wants a piece of the jade trade in Fuyu, they'll either have to go there themselves or get Merchants through the Merchant's Guild. And if the Merchant's Guild comes into play, the amount of money the Adventurer's Guild makes will be a measly amount, since any profit will go through the Merchant's Guild first.

So if the Adventurer's Guild, whose HQ in Scribel is already in danger of rotting and breaking down when the wind blows the wrong way, wants a share of the large pie that is the Fuyu market, they had better set up a branch there and buy the things themselves.

That's an... interesting... proposition. You're saying that we should get involved completely without the merchant guild?

How will we arrange for goods to be transported? We don't have a network of warehouses or horses or wagons...? Not to be mean, but most of our adventurers are wandering buffoons who don't exactly come across as skilled merchants.

Perhaps you have a suggestion of some kind?

Halley

Sen entered the tavern and looked around for someone, before speaking up.

"Uh, would anyone know where I can find Gem? I was told he sometimes shows up here."

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
*a knock comes from beneath the floorboard where Sen is standing*

"You mean underneath you?"
*stares angrily at the cause of so many parts of the tavern being on the verge of breakdown*

Halley

*a knock comes from beneath the floorboard where Sen is standing*

"You mean underneath you?"
"Whoa! What the-" Surprised, Sen jumped a few steps back, his hand halfway to his blade before he recognized what the small thing crawling out of the floor was.
'Wait, it's a person?'

*stares angrily at the cause of so many parts of the tavern being on the verge of breakdown*
"Uh, so I'm guessing you're the guild master, right? I heard a few rumors about your problem, and I might be able to offer you some solution to that." Sen continued, still keeping on guard for any possible antics while ignoring the mysterious stare he felt coming his way.

GM

"Uh, so I'm guessing you're the guild master, right? I heard a few rumors about your problem, and I might be able to offer you some solution to that." Sen continued, still keeping on guard for any possible antics while ignoring the mysterious stare he felt coming his way.
*crawls back into the hole*

"Go on~ I'm listening~"

Halley

*crawls back into the hole*

"Go on~ I'm listening~"
"So, I heard you were considering trading with a town called "fuyu machi", and you were unsure if it's worth it, correct?" He paused, waiting for a reaction from the small guy, though it never came.

"Well anyway, I think I can tell you what it is: their products. After checking the guild's library, it would seem that that place sounds very similar to my world, and by extension, it would be very different from here, this town. That would mean whatever product you trade with them will be very unique, and thus, precious and profitable."

"Furthermore, I also heard that a mining town northwest from here was in a shortage of supplies. I'd wager you could also rake in some profits if you mediate a trade between them and fuyu machi." Finishing with his sales pitch, Sen took a nearby empty chair and sat down.

"Would those be enough to convince you?"

GM

"So, I heard you were considering trading with a town called "fuyu machi", and you were unsure if it's worth it, correct?" He paused, waiting for a reaction from the small guy, though it never came.

"Well anyway, I think I can tell you what it is: their products. After checking the guild's library, it would seem that that place sounds very similar to my world, and by extension, it would be very different from here, this town. That would mean whatever product you trade with them will be very unique, and thus, precious and profitable."

"Furthermore, I also heard that a mining town northwest from here was in a shortage of supplies. I'd wager you could also rake in some profits if you mediate a trade between them and fuyu machi." Finishing with his sales pitch, Sen took a nearby empty chair and sat down.

"Would those be enough to convince you?"
*talks from underneath the floorboard*

"Ah~ Thank you for your insight, Mister Sen~ Those are very astute observations~"

"In my view, trading with the Beastmen is an excellent idea, although I do not see the need to establish a branch of our guild there. If they are willing to trade their goods with us, is it necessary for the guild to send adventurers and establish a base there? It costs a lot of money to maintain warriors in a foreign country, and I would prefer not to send adventurers if it's only a trade deal that we are negotiating."

"It is perfectly fine to have a trade deal with another country without opening our own military/mercenary base on their land."

"In summary, I currently support a trade deal with the Beastmen."

"I am not convinced about whether the guild needs to establish a guild branch in Fuyu Machi. It is a different scenario if they are willing to pay for all of our costs or if they requested the guild to establish a base in their country to assist with their defenses... but it does not seem either of those things are true at the present time.... unless the circumstances change."

Vanus

*talks from underneath the floorboard*

"Ah~ Thank you for your insight, Mister Sen~ Those are very astute observations~"

"In my view, trading with the Beastmen is an excellent idea, although I do not see the need to establish a branch of our guild there. If they are willing to trade their goods with us, is it necessary for the guild to send adventurers and establish a base there? It costs a lot of money to maintain warriors in a foreign country, and I would prefer not to send adventurers if it's only a trade deal that we are negotiating."

"In summary, I currently support a trade deal with the Beastmen."

"I am not convinced about whether the guild needs to establish a guild branch in Fuyu Machi. It is a different scenario if they are willing to pay for all of our costs or if they requested the guild to establish a base in their country to assist with their defenses... but it does not seem either of those things are true at the present time.... unless the circumstances change."
"Is there any point in establishing one there long term?" AIEO's voice floats over. "I mean at most it seems more like you would just have to keep the pathways clear and maybe defence of the merchant caravans driven between the two points would it not?"

GM

"Is there any point in establishing one there long term?" AIEO's voice floats over. "I mean at most it seems more like you would just have to keep the pathways clear and maybe defence of the merchant caravans driven between the two points would it not?"
"Yes, this is roughly my thought process as well."

"However, I should point out that if there is sufficient strategic value, then Scribel City could be interested."

"To use Gelderholm as an example, currently the Adventurer's Guild and Scribel City is operating at a deficit in the region. We lose thousands of gold every day paying adventurers fighting in Gelderholm. Fighting a war is expensive. It isn't profitable by any means."

"However, the treaty was pursued for a number of strategic reasons. The first was that Scribel City has no other local access to iron and other ores, so the defense of Gelderholm is also in our mutual interests. The second was the migration treaty. Regardless of whether Gelderholm ultimately stands or falls, we projected that many civilian dwarves would flee the dwarven city and immigrate to Scribel City, bringing with them their technology and knowledge. The City Council and myself determined that these benefits were worth the costs of deploying adventurers in the region."

Drevart

A half-naked young man drowsily walked into the tavern. His top was nowhere to be seen and only the bottom part of his robe was there. It could be seen that it was cut.
Drevart was tired. His head hurt like hell and he couldn't do anything about that.

"Well, at least my body doesn't try to become pure energy anymore..."

He mumbled quietly under his nose. His figure would still turn somewhat hazy at the moment but nothing as serious as back in the forest. He needed a rest and a good one at that, a rest when no fricking bear or wolves would disturb him so he prepared to pay for one night in the tavern. After he recuperated enough he would return to sleeping in the wilderness but not now. Now he was too weak. He had trouble catching even a single herb slime let alone fighting someone.

/I need to become stronger and quickly but my Aether just can't provide me with this. If only I had stronger connection I would've ditched those wolves with just one large mirage.../

But no things in life were perfect, so he paid for the room and the meal and immediately started greedily eating hot food, not caring about his image at all...

Vanus

"However, I should point out that if there is sufficient strategic value, then Scribel City could be interested."

"To use Gelderholm as an example, currently the Adventurer's Guild and Scribel City is operating at a deficit in the region. We lose thousands of gold every day paying adventurers fighting in Gelderholm. Fighting a war is expensive. It isn't profitable by any means."

"However, the treaty was pursued for a number of strategic reasons. The first was that Scribel City has no other local access to iron and other ores, so the defense of Gelderholm is also in our mutual interests. The second was the migration treaty. Regardless of whether Gelderholm ultimately stands or falls, we projected that many civilian dwarves would flee the dwarven city and immigrate to Scribel City, bringing with them their technology and knowledge. The City Council and myself determined that these benefits were worth the costs of deploying adventurers in the region."
"But this is a short term loss for a long term gain is it not?" AIEO wonders, "After all we may be losing out at this moment at time because Gelderholm is at war but after that we already have treaties in place to recoup the losses? I understand this is a necessary move for long term stability but Fuyu is unlikely to have a similar effect on us is it not after all they are far to isolationist they have relied on us to externally visit us it's actually a little disrespectful of the situation. An insult as you'd put it."

Halley

"Oh? You were also considering on expanding a branch there?"

(ooc: I forgot about the "establishing a branch" part :blob_no::blob_no:)

"Well, if the main concerns are ending the war there, maybe you could also ask for the help from fuyu machi? Who knows, they might be able to actually finish the fight"

GM

"But this is a short term loss for a long term gain is it not?" AIEO wonders, "After all we may be losing out at this moment at time because Gelderholm is at war but after that we already have treaties in place to recoup the losses? I understand this is a necessary move for long term stability but Fuyu is unlikely to have a similar effect on us is it not after all they are far to isolationist they have relied on us to externally visit us it's actually a little disrespectful of the situation. An insult as you'd put it."
"To be fair, we know very little about the situation. I would personally avoid jumping to conclusions."

"In either case, I believe it would be wise not to antagonize them for no reason."

"Oh? You were also considering on expanding a branch there?"

(ooc: I forgot about the "establishing a branch" part :blob_no::blob_no:)
"Well, there are some members of our guild who are more 'imperialistic' -- in the sense that they wish for the Guild to expand everywhere."

"That said, we neither have infinite money nor infinite goodwill. Kingdoms must give us their permission for us to send our warriors there, otherwise it is an act of war. That said, would you welcome any random band of mercenaries into your country to wave their swords around? Most kingdoms are reluctant to open their borders to armed foreigners."

"Of course, there are alternative arrangements — for instance we could send 'Military Advisers' — and claim that is a peaceful operation. We also have a spy network operating in Spire Reef. If Fuyu Machi is open to an alternative arrangement, I believe we would also be willing to discuss it."

"Well, if the main concerns are ending the war there, maybe you could also ask for the help from fuyu machi? Who knows, they might be able to actually finish the fight"
"That is a worthwhile thought. What do you propose that we appeal to them with? Their sympathy? Their sense of honor?"

"Or are you saying that we should pay them gold to travel to Gelderholm to fight on behalf of the dwarves?"

Vanus

"To be fair, we know very little about the situation. I would personally avoid jumping to conclusions."

"In either case, I believe it would be wise not to antagonize them for no reason."
"I'll be off for now I've got a mission to escort a merchant crew to a den of scum and villainy and I heard something about intelligent humanoid rats." AIEO salutes before seemingly dissapearing from the room.

Reactions: GM

Halley

"That is a worthwhile thought. What do you propose that we appeal to them with? Their sympathy? Their sense of honor?"

"Or are you saying that we should pay them gold to travel to Gelderholm to fight on behalf of the dwarves?"
"Well, gold would be the standard way of doing it, I suppose. Maybe you could also make the dwarves be indebted to them? If they're as prideful as the library reports said, that'll be a valuable asset."

Leegood

A half-naked young man drowsily walked into the tavern. His top was nowhere to be seen and only the bottom part of his robe was there. It could be seen that it was cut.
Drevart was tired. His head hurt like hell and he couldn't do anything about that.

"Well, at least my body doesn't try to become pure energy anymore..."

He mumbled quietly under his nose. His figure would still turn somewhat hazy at the moment but nothing as serious as back in the forest. He needed a rest and a good one at that, a rest when no fricking bear or wolves would disturb him so he prepared to pay for one night in the tavern. After he recuperated enough he would return to sleeping in the wilderness but not now. Now he was too weak. He had trouble catching even a single herb slime let alone fighting someone.

/I need to become stronger and quickly but my Aether just can't provide me with this. If only I had stronger connection I would've ditched those wolves with just one large mirage.../

But no things in life were perfect, so he paid for the room and the meal and immediately started greedily eating hot food, not caring about his image at all...
Serving the warm and fresh food to the man with no top on I realized I recognized him "Ah Mister Drevart what happened to your upper half? is the weather too warm for you?" I wonder if he naturally need a lower temperature, though the weather seems nice today "Also do you need any clean rags?" He seemed to have played around in the mud so I thought that he would want to wipe himself off to feel a bit more refreshed.