Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Bochi

"To be fair, we know very little about the situation. I would personally avoid jumping to conclusions."

"In either case, I believe it would be wise not to antagonize them for no reason."

"Well, there are some members of our guild who are more 'imperialistic' -- in the sense that they wish for the Guild to expand everywhere."

"That said, we neither have infinite money nor infinite goodwill. Kingdoms must give us their permission for us to send our warriors there, otherwise it is an act of war. That said, would you welcome any random band of mercenaries into your country to wave their swords around? Most kingdoms are reluctant to open their borders to armed foreigners."

"Of course, there are alternative arrangements — for instance we could send 'Military Advisers' — and claim that is a peaceful operation. We also have a spy network operating in Spire Reef. If Fuyu Machi is open to an alternative arrangement, I believe we would also be willing to discuss it."

"That is a worthwhile thought. What do you propose that we appeal to them with? Their sympathy? Their sense of honor?"

"Or are you saying that we should pay them gold to travel to Gelderholm to fight on behalf of the dwarves?"
"Nope, that won't work. The Shogun's worried about home affairs as they are. I don't think she'll be able to spare many warriors until the Winter City's security issues are resolved. But again, those don't really matter at this point."

Coming into the tavern, Vicious heard the talk and joined in.

"The Beastmen are proud but keep their word. And she's desperate too; she knows her guards aren't equipped to face foreign monsters. But more importantly---the timing. The Winter City, as of right now, is an unspoiled treasure. If I've noticed it, it'll only be a matter of time before others notice it as well. Then there'll be the usual human bandits and lowlife looking to make a quick coin, and people who haven't seen humans for decades or even centuries won't know how to deal with them. There's a debt of gratitude to be earned here from the Shogun; one which can only be claimed as long as they come out of the initial stages more or less smiling. The two Machi are rich and the inhabitants scared of non-human strangers; one has to be closer to strike up a more...beneficial...arrangement."

She ordered beer, sipping it and grimacing at the watery taste.

"Besides, I've seen the size of the mountain. In peace time it provides for it's inhabitants, but should war ever erupt---well, the river's source comes from the mountain and they can also grow food up there. Add in some fortifications and put in a tight schedule, and one could sit through a siege in the Eternal Night City and come out smiling. And on the topic of the dwarven war---"

"I believe the Hydra's nearing it's limits---the city's dwarves have been very productive with their metalworking, and the tide is stalling. For the currently undefended Fuyu Machi, don't you think the contraptions of Gelderholm would be very attractive to them? That'll create the basis for trade; manpower in exchange for firepower."

GM

"The Beastmen are proud but keep their word. And she's desperate too; she knows her guards aren't equipped to face foreign monsters. But more importantly---the timing. The Winter City, as of right now, is an unspoiled treasure. If I've noticed it, it'll only be a matter of time before others notice it as well. Then there'll be the usual human bandits and lowlife looking to make a quick coin, and people who haven't seen humans for decades or even centuries won't know how to deal with them. There's a debt of gratitude to be earned here from the Shogun; one which can only be claimed as long as they come out of the initial stages more or less smiling. The two Machi are rich and the inhabitants scared of non-human strangers; one has to be closer to strike up a more...beneficial...arrangement."
"By any chance did you get an assessment of the strength of the Shogun's guards? And their numbers? Of course, there are always human bandits and lowlife -- but I would be extremely surprised if her own guard is unable to take care of such a weak threat."

"More importantly, I'm more concerned about the lack of information about what other threats may be around. It seems that no significant monsters have been reported so far. Since we know absolutely nothing about the surrounding area, wouldn't it be a good idea to get a sense of what monsters there might be?"

"I believe the Hydra's nearing it's limits---the city's dwarves have been very productive with their metalworking, and the tide is stalling. For the currently undefended Fuyu Machi, don't you think the contraptions of Gelderholm would be very attractive to them? That'll create the basis for trade; manpower in exchange for firepower."
"On this note, I believe @AliceShiki was hoping to acquire some of those for Scribble City as well. For the Slime horde."

Bochi

"By any chance did you get an assessment of the strength of the Shogun's guards? And their numbers? Of course, there are always human bandits and lowlife -- but I would be extremely surprised if her own guard is unable to take care of such a weak threat."

"More importantly, I'm more concerned about the lack of information about what other threats may be around. It seems that no significant monsters have been reported so far. Since we know absolutely nothing about the surrounding area, wouldn't it be a good idea to get a sense of what monsters there might be?"

"On this note, I believe @AliceShiki was hoping to acquire some of those for Scribble City as well. For the Slime horde."
"Nay. The Tiger brought me around the place for a bit, and I can say this---Strong they are, but they are extremely susceptible to human cunning. In a straight fight the beastman would almost always win against a human, armed or not, but they look after each other too much. If a younger beastman were to be held at knifepoint, things will drastically change. They are, after all, trained to be guards. They won't be able to deal a killing blow to the enemy if it means harming their own as well. And for people who walk the shadows---taking hostages when in an unfavourable situation is second nature to them."

Sneering in disdain, Vicious thought more deeply about the second question.

"The matter of the monsters might not be as insignificant as I thought. I did only make slight mention of it in my report, but I did run into some after all---ugly blue humanoid things that walked around in naught but their loin clothes, carrying roughly fashioned weapons and a single horn upon the centre of their forehead."

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
“I heard this was the place where all the adventurers gathered... is that right?”
"I would say 'all' is a very strong word, but yes, this is a place adventurers commonly gather to talk.

"Do you need to hire one to do a task for you? In that case you should try talking to one of the guild's employees instead of asking an adventurer directly."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"I would say 'all' is a very strong word, but yes, this is a place adventurers commonly gather to talk.

"Do you need to hire one to do a task for you? In that case you should try talking to one of the guild's employees instead of asking an adventurer directly."
“Well... I...” He hesitated.

“I was just wondering there was anyone friendly here.”

“I’ve been in the storage room all day... and sometimes I feel like it would be nice to talk to someone.”

AliceShiki

“Well... I...” He hesitated.

“I was just wondering there was anyone friendly here.”

“I’ve been in the storage room all day... and sometimes I feel like it would be nice to talk to someone.”
*giggles a bit* "Yes, there are certainly a fair amount of friendly people here. Some are a bit louder than others, but most shouldn't be too hard to get closer to.

"Although... Are you sure you're alright? It is not... Common, to have someone in the storage room all day... Won't your pa..." *shakes head* "Nevermind that, you can talk to the people here as long as you want." *gently ruffles his hair*

"And if you need a place to stay, why don't you try the nearby orphanages? I'm sure they would take you in... If you need one of course."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
*giggles a bit* "Yes, there are certainly a fair amount of friendly people here. Some are a bit louder than others, but most shouldn't be too hard to get closer to.

"Although... Are you sure you're alright? It is not... Common, to have someone in the storage room all day... Won't your pa..." *shakes head* "Nevermind that, you can talk to the people here as long as you want." *gently ruffles his hair*

"And if you need a place to stay, why don't you try the nearby orphanages? I'm sure they would take you in... If you need one of course."
“Oh, but I have parents, so it’s not like I’m actually an orphan, right? I just don’t particularly get along well with them.”

“Are you friendly, Miss? Would you be okay with it if I talked with you for a while?”

AliceShiki

“Oh, but I have parents, so it’s not like I’m actually an orphan, right? I just don’t particularly get along well with them.”

“Are you friendly, Miss? Would you be okay with it if I talked with you for a while?”
"Oh!" *sighs in relief* "In this case shouldn't you go back to them before they got worried?"

*smiles* "And yes, I am friendly, and you can talk to me as long as you want.

"I'm Nene, you are...?"

OOC: How am I supposed to read striked out, text!? Nene can't break the 4th wall! >.<
No, seriously, like, did he whisper it to himself? Just think it? Thought it and accidentally said it when he didn't mean to? I dunno how to interpret it! >.<

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"Oh!" *sighs in relief* "In this case shouldn't you go back to them before they got worried?"

*smiles* "And yes, I am friendly, and you can talk to me as long as you want.

"I'm Nene, you are...?"

OOC: How am I supposed to read striked out, text!? Nene can't break the 4th wall! >.<
No, seriously, like, did he whisper it to himself? Just think it? Thought it and accidentally said it when he didn't mean to? I dunno how to interpret it! >.<
“I’ve only had my parents for about a year so... I’m not really close to them. They’re through the gate anyways.”

*He sits down neaby*

“I’m Briele. What kind of person are you, Nene?”

AliceShiki

“I’ve only had my parents for about a year so... I’m not really close to them. They’re through the fate anyways.”

*He sits down neaby*

“I’m Briele. What kind of person are you, Nene?”
"Oh... I'm sorry to hear it... Then perhaps the orphanage might not be a bad idea for you? You're still so young, I'm surprised you can speak this well... Things must have been tough for you."

*sits down next to him*

"I'm a priestess, I serve The Goddess and try to make her will a reality while spreading her word to the world, I pray for the safety of every adventurer that goes in a journey... And pray that they'll reach a better place should the worst happen."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"Oh... I'm sorry to hear it... Then perhaps the orphanage might not be a bad idea for you? You're still so young, I'm surprised you can speak this well... Things must have been tough for you."

*sits down next to him*

"I'm a priestess, I serve The Goddess and try to make her will a reality while spreading her word to the world, I pray for the safety of every adventurer that goes in a journey... And pray that they'll reach a better place should the worst happen."
“Oh, but I’m not really... that young? I died once already, although I already forgot the name I used to have.”

“And you’re a priestess? Will you have a problem with me if I’m a demon? I’m a... man-eating demon.”

AliceShiki

“Oh, but I’m not really... that young? I died once already, although I already forgot the name I used to have.”

“And you’re a priestess? Will you have a problem with me if I’m a demon? I’m a... man-eating demon.”
"Oh... That must have been a horrible experience, my apologies.

"And no, I won't have any problems with you." *gently ruffles your hair* "While I can't say I condone eating people, I see no reason to be antagonistic to you if you mean me no harm. Demons are people just like how everyone else is, The Goddess does not push anybody away.

"So rest assured, Briele, you're safe here."

Leegood

"Ah welcome to the adventurers guild~"

"And no, I won't have any problems with you." *gently ruffles your hair* "While I can't say I condone eating people, I see no reason to be antagonistic to you if you mean me no harm. Demons are people just like how everyone else is, The Goddess does not push anybody away.

"And he only eats men so I guess? There's plenty of criminals I hear."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

*protects hair* "I don't really remember so... I guess it doesn't really bother me? Thank you though..."

"Ah welcome to the adventurers guild~"
"Thank you... Miss..."

"...And you are...?"

AliceShiki

"And he only eats men so I guess? There's plenty of criminals I hear."
"Miss Letianna... I am pretty sure the death sentence of Scribel is not carried out by having your body given out to be eaten by those that might be interested in doing so.

"Don't give the wrong impression to Briele, please."

AliceShiki

*protects hair* "I don't really remember so... I guess it doesn't really bother me? Thank you though..."
"Ah, I'm sorry, did that bother you?

"... I used to do that to the children at the temple when they felt worried... My apologies.

"And at least your memories aren't haunting you I suppose, that's a good thing among those troublesome circumstances..."

Vanus

AIEO Enters into the tavern and puts her feet up on the table she looks better rested then she did before though still extremely skittish.