Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Feathers95

I looked at the newcomer who was interested in the offer I just made.

It actually worked! I thought to myself. In contrast to my confident facade, I was actually anxious that no one would ever invest in someone like me. After all, I look like any other guy you would see down the street with little to no reputation to my name. This moneymaker- I mean, angel in disguise was exactly what I needed!

"Oh, only the finest of enchantments, my dear lady!" I said as I continued my facade with a smug. "In fact, my way of enchanting is unlike any that you have seen and I can assure that they are more efficient when it comes to mana consumption. If you want, I can provide you a temporary enchantment to really see the beauty of what you are investing in!" I tried to talk my way through to the gal like a merchant eyeing a potential investment but unfortunately for me, I've never met a merchant and I've never sold something before in my life...

God I hope she doesn't see through my act...
Although most of what the ordinary-looking youth said seemed a bit like empty words, the fact that he was willing to give a trial enchantment proved that he had confidence in his work. Although in the past I might've been, at the moment I wasn't cruel enough to crush this budding enchanter's dreams by calling him out on his poor advertisement abilities.

"Hmm, how about we do this. You'll give this silver sword of mine an appropriate temporary enchantment, and I'll give you 3 gold. I'll go and complete a quest and see how the enchantment fares in action. Then I shall return and give you my judgement. If I think you're good enough, I'll lend you another 7 gold so that you can set yourself up a small stall, or perhaps more if I think you've really got potential. If not, then I just won't give you any further money. Even if one of us runs off during this time apart, I'll still have the temporary enchantment and you'll still have your 3 gold. What do you think?"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Sure~ can I head over to your place tommorow then?

OOC: I wasn't actually expecting Okarin to accept his offer o.O WHAT DO I DO
I don’t have a place! I got no moneyz, so I sleep wherever! Do you have a place, Baihua-先生?

——

Are we talking about my age? XD Hey I’m not the youngest! @Yorth is younger! :blob_happy:

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
@Silver @Silver ! I noticed you’ve been doing a lot of night watches lately! Are you tired? Wanna go do something together?

Moshi

I don’t have a place! I got no moneyz, so I sleep wherever! Do you have a place, Baihua-先生?
I do have a place! It's a small den over in the north forest~ I dont think you can fit inside though

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Sure doing something else for once sound fun. Whatcha have in mind?
I'm not sure! But let's walk somewhere! There's an exploration quest, right? Do you like walking? :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:

I do have a place! It's a small den over in the north forest~ I dont think you can fit inside though
Ehhh~? I can't? What if I shrink more?

Silver

I'm not sure! But let's walk somewhere! There's an exploration quest, right? Do you like walking? :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:

Ehhh~? I can't? What if I shrink more?
A walk every once and while ain't bad. We aren't exploring too far are we?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Okay, lets go then.
I heard that if you follow the river south and downstream, there's a big waterfall! That sounds super cool! I want to see it!

What do you think?

Quest Report (6)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 2 (325 EXP)
Quest: Follow the River
Evaluation:
  • Explored one of the downstream branches of the river
  • Located marshland
After another visit with Folke, the little boy I had rescued a couple of days ago from the sewers, I decided to take on a more explorative quest to clear my mind a little, which would also give me room to experiment with my magic during the expedition. Since all the exploration quests didn't have much of a difference to me, I just picked the first one and headed towards its general location. Seeing as I had picked the river, I faintly recalled the brown-haired boy who's quest report I had assessed. He mentioned that the glowstones may have originated from upstream, and seemed to be eager to be a part of the research team for it. 'Well then, I guess I'll leave that for him to explore.' I thought offhandedly, not particularly bothered either way.

As I trailed the river bank leisurely, experimenting with spells as I walked, I faintly noticed that the number of trees was lessening and that it was getting a little harder to breathe. After defeating a slime that hopped into my path out of nowhere, I was greeted with a rather amazing sight. The river branch I followed had led me to a sudden waterfall, which led to shallow streams and patches of lakes. After digging a small hole in the ground using my shoes, I noticed water leakage. No wonder the ground was turning slightly softer beneath my feet: I had entered wetland territory.

Deciding to stop wasting mana on my spell experimentation, I focused all my attention on the surroundings around me. Below the waterfall, there was not a single tree in sight, ruling out the idea that this was a swamp. Since there wasn't any tell-tale peat and an abundance of reeds, cattails and common marsh plants, I deduced that this must be a marshland of some sort. Although the surroundings initially seemed rather ordinary, I noticed that the plants seemed to grow... bigger than usual here. Perhaps due to this, the creatures here were bigger as well. I noticed the vague outlines of strangely-shaped slimes, dragon-like alligators, giant dragonflies with pincers, and that was all that I saw with one view. Who knew how much wildlife was hidden beneath the surface of this place...

However, what really surprised me was a certain carnivorous plant that I could vaguely see dotted around the more land-based areas of the marsh. It was the exact same carnivorous vine plant that had suddenly appeared on Farmer Joe's field!

Although shocked, I hurriedly decided to head back before any of these creatures noticed me. Especially by myself, there was no way I could explore this place without dying at least a thousand times...

Silver

I heard that if you follow the river south and downstream, there's a big waterfall! That sounds super cool! I want to see it!

What do you think?
That sounds nice, when do you want to do so?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
That sounds nice, when do you want to do so?
I'm free whenever! It's not like I do anything meaningful during the day except eat grass :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:

----

OOC: Want to alternate writing a quest report in the freestyle thread?

Feathers95

"I'm not sure about my reputation since I haven't interacted with others much, but I'd be willing to teach you some combat skills. You can find my file in the guild's registration archives, for more specific information, but I'm basically a magic swordswoman. In the past, I mainly relied on my magic, but since coming here, my swordsmanship skills have improved a lot, which I'd be willing to teach you with. I can also help you understand the basics of the path of magic and mana. Since you'll already pay me quite a bit just for filling out this quest report, I won't make the specific classes themselves too expensive."

Classes:
  • Basic Swordsmanship - 1G: "Although I specialize in lighter one-handed swords, I can teach you the basics on how to wield two-handed swords as well. You would learn how to stand and position yourself stably, how to stab and swing effectively and some basic footwork."
  • Basic mana sensing and manipulation - 1G: "Before you can learn any type of magic, you must master sensing and manipulating mana in it's purest form. This was what was taught to me in my old world, and although it is quite different here, the base concepts are the same. It's a bit hard to write a description about it, but I can teach you it in person."

"In my old world, magic was hereditary, but here anyone can learn any kind of magic as long as they put their hearts to it(at least that's what I've seen so far). Since I've been wielding fire and ice for a long time, it comes as second nature to me."
  • Basic fire magic - 1G
  • Basic ice magic - 1G
I suppose I'll take you up on your offer then. Honestly I'm not looking for much just need the basics beaten into me so I can do something other than watch a wall. Oh if you don't mind can I drop a memo on your services in the library so other newbies know about it? That aside, your reward with the extra 2 G added to it of course.

Final Reward:
  • Exp: 50
  • Money: 5 G
Edit: Favor text
(ooc: continuing our conversation here)

Glad to hear it! Okay, that sounds fine, which classes specifically do you want then? I haven't actually taken on students before, so I'd rather just have one pupil for the moment. Maybe in the future, I'd advertise classes again but for now, don't add anything to the library just yet.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
How small can you shrink?
U-Um... well, I can eject almost of my fluid... but that leaves me feeling very insecure and exposed if my core is almost showing, you know? The more troublesome part is getting my volume up again after I go small, because it can take some time for me to put on weight. :sweat_smile:

I can also do snakey-snakey. Would that work?

Anyhow, how small are you anyways? :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:

Silver

I'm free whenever! It's not like I do anything meaningful during the day except eat grass :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:

----

OOC: Want to alternate writing a quest report in the freestyle thread?
Sure, I put the time up to you then.

OOC: Sure,

Silver

(ooc: continuing our conversation here)

Glad to hear it! Okay, that sounds fine, which classes specifically do you want then? I haven't actually taken on students before, so I'd rather just have one pupil for the moment. Maybe in the future, I'd advertise classes again but for now, don't add anything to the library just yet.
Okay, I put that in mind then. As for classes I'll probably take a basic swordsman class as soon as I find myself a sword.