After a Reboot - Delete old chapters or Leave them be?

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
Question is in the title. I am debating whether or not I should leave the old chapters up or take them down. What would you guys do?

D

Deleted member 45782

Up to you.

If had to rewrite something, I would delete the old stuff from the site just to make it cleaner for me to go through. But before I do that, I would save it as backup somewhere, off sh. Doesn't hurt to have backup. Great for looking back and seeing differences and stuff.

hauntedwritings

Depends on whether there is something in the old chapters you wish the readers to have access to.

Overall, we never get to read the drafts of published works because they were that - drafts. Since you're contemplating on whether to delete them or not, then you probably already want people to read the new version instead.

If you however think there were funny / intriguring scenes in the old chapters, then what about keeping only those? You could simply rename the old story and mark it as a spin-off of the reboot.

But regardless of your choice, as mentioned above, keep a backup. Never know if you need it for something later on.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
A third option is asking Tony to hide it for you.

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
Question is in the title. I am debating whether or not I should leave the old chapters up or take them down. What would you guys do?
Honestly, before taking down your old chapters you should copy and paste the old chapters into a private archive. That way you can look back on your writing style to help you write out your future projects.

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
Yeah. I think I will just leave them up then or at least the chapters that people like. And I can just save the rest in a private archive just as everyone had said.