Age Progression spoilers?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
does it count as spoilers for an age progression fic if you put the title pic as an adult version of the protagonist? especially if puberty happened to run over the protag like a wild train?

I mean, if you don't tell them its the protagonist. How would they know?
Unless of course he has very easily discernible characteristics.

Agentt

Thighs
I mean, spoilers about Age Progression isn't something people would complain about.

Like, oh no, the MC got old! I could had never seen this happening.
So unless the plot twist is like magic happened and MC aged from 8 to 18 in a day, you don't have to be discreet about it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Wut?

As long as you are going the orthodox way instead of another, you gucci

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I mean, spoilers about Age Progression isn't something people would complain about.

Like, oh no, the MC got old! I could had never seen this happening.
So unless the plot twist is like magic happened and MC aged from 8 to 18 in a day, you don't have to be discreet about it.
I can't believe I've actually read stuff where the MC physically ages very fast. Wonky shit.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
You mean where he goes from being merely the age of the cosmos to several times longer that all of pataphysical existence? Ehh... depends on when it happens. Like, if it's in the second act, that's fine. That's just like, a step in the maturation cycle. Sort of how they handle it in the Godfather. Remember that part where Tony gained the ring of power and fell under Saruon's will? I mean, that was totally telegraphed, but still very cool. Putting that on the cover wasn't a spoiler. But if it happens after the climatic ending in the epilogue like say... Any given episode of Cheers where Norm devours someone's soul and makes everyone watch (Yeah, I know it's a comedy, but the writing principle is the same), then yeah, that'd be a spoiler.

LilRora

Mostly formless
As long as there are no major spoilers, there should be no problem. I think a great example here is The Reincarnation of Alysara, because the pic features Alysara with:

- Seven (I think) tails, while the story is far before this point, but it's not really a spoiler because we all know in what direction vulpine characters evolve.

- Large boobs, that's not a spoiler because she inherited it after her parents.

There are probably more things I could mention, but yeah, that's the gist. It doesn't contain anything that would spoil the content in any major way the readers can't predict.

It starts to be a problem only if there are some major and unexpected changes to the mc's appearance, because like hell they will be unexpected if you put them in the pic.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
As long as there are no major spoilers, there should be no problem. I think a great example here is The Reincarnation of Alysara, because the pic features Alysara with:

- Seven (I think) tails, while the story is far before this point, but it's not really a spoiler because we all know in what direction vulpine characters evolve.

- Large boobs, that's not a spoiler because she inherited it after her parents.

There are probably more things I could mention, but yeah, that's the gist. It doesn't contain anything that would spoil the content in any major way the readers can't predict.

It starts to be a problem only if there are some major and unexpected changes to the mc's appearance, because like hell they will be unexpected if you put them in the pic.
Like if the MC ends up blind or something like that... Though I also just had this train of thought about scars. Like if the cover shows the MC covered in scars and stuff, it wouldn't really be a spoiler but would make some people intrigued about how they got them. Same with other unique markings and such, like maybe symbols or stigmas that are related to their power(unless it's something that's blatantly related to dragons, demons, etc. because then it gives it away)