Am I a Writer Yet?

Am I a Writer Yet?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

FDSIO

I have hit 20k words on my current novel after months of not writing anything. Does this make me an author? Is there some kind of a test I have to take? Maybe a loyalty pledge of some kind?

It actually is, but not many know of it. If you really want to become a real writer you need to pledge yourself to our Lord and Savior Great Hiatusanius and do the standard ritual. It's better if you use goat blood for the greater ritual, but cow or even pig blood works too. Just avoid using chicken blood, that's for amateur writer license at best. It won't get you far.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
It actually is, but not many know of it. If you really want to become a real writer you need to pledge yourself to our Lord and Savior Great Hiatusanius and do the standard ritual. It's better if you use goat blood for the greater ritual, but cow or even pig blood works too. Just avoid using chicken blood, that's for amateur writer license at best. It won't get you far.
I thought you were supposed to use the tears of the readers, crying to stop your hiatus?

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
No, you are a piper

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's up to you. You create your own labels. Unless you're dead.
My boss was SO angry when one of our authors died, and the news called him "aspiring." He had four novels with us and one with another press.

Aza.Iva

I have hit 20k words on my current novel after months of not writing anything. Does this make me an author? Is there some kind of a test I have to take? Maybe a loyalty pledge of some kind?
You are. You are not. Who cares? As long as you think so; and, quoting one of my favorite lines from Metalica's song: "And nothing else matters"

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
If you're writing, you're a writer IMO, as simple as that~

AuthorSME

:applaud: Seems legit to me! Welcome to the club, friend! Grab a table, vodka, and get to tellin' those stories!

D

Deleted member 45782

I used fish blood. I'm below amateur tier
Not fishie! 😱

OP, 20k words is way more than any story I wrote. If I consider myself to be an amateur writer even when I'm not really writing anything like rn, you can be a writer too.

Last edited by a moderator:

skillet

a frying pan
this is super random (lol) but this reminded me of something soo just gonna leave it here as food for thought (?)

once upon a time, I attended a poetry reading by a couple published writers and asked a question during Q&A time to the (published!) writers there: "When did you know you were a writer?"
and the first guy paused, leaned into the mic, and answered, "I still don't know."

for some reason that stuck with me haha :D I guess we never know!