AM I ACTUALLY A BAD WRITER?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22014

I wrote stories on this platform since COVID quarantine.

It's quite fun. Actually, this platform is more engaging than the wattpad I have used for the past four years.

But somehow, my story got a slightly bad rating! I don't know what went sour, but every time the rating drop I got paranoid and panicked.

I know I'm not a good writer, at least not yet. (Am I too overestimating myself?) But I'm also trying to improve. And that's a problem, there's nothing that points up what the hell is wrong with my writing.

So please ..., tell me what can I do to improve my story?

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
"Will he survive in the harsh and cruel cultivation world with this little unique strength? Will he surpass that cultivation genius with it? But first, let's f*ck that arrogant young miss until he begs for mercy!"

Isn't miss supposed to be female?

D

Deleted member 22014

"Will he survive in the harsh and cruel cultivation world with this little unique strength? Will he surpass that cultivation genius with it? But first, let's f*ck that arrogant young miss until he begs for mercy!"

Isn't miss supposed to be female?

I thought I already fixed this part, and yeah it's female. Thanks for pointing this out.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠

It's quite fun. Actually, this platform is more engaging than the wattpad I have used for the past four years.

But somehow, my story got a slightly bad rating! I don't know what went sour, but every time the rating drop I got paranoid and panicked.

I know I'm not a good writer, at least not yet. (Am I too overestimating myself?) But I'm also trying to improve. And that's a problem, there's nothing that points up what the hell is wrong with my writing.

Is this your first story?

Writer_not_narcissist

I'm not really what you could really call good in writing, but just for constructive criticism, you don't have to write everything I go by this quote which says "Less is More" which means you don't have to write every intricate detail in long sentences but rather you could write in a way that is shorter, still visual and more creative way of describing it.

Ex.However, I don't care that much. Under her cold mask, she is horny masochistic s**t. Remembering when she begs while moaning under my crotch really makes my little dragon turn hard. Ahhh ..., I want to spank that butt. Unlike this oriental who tried really hard to get, the one beside her greeted me with too much spirit

The way I could rewrite it.
Though, I don't really care because under that ice cold mask of her's is a horny masochist slut, who moans under my crotch, the thought of it makes the dragon between my legs really hard! Damn... I want to spank that ass.

Unlike this oriental slut who tried really hard to get, the one beside her greeted with too much spirit.

Btw. don't censor words like (s**t) since it could be misleading, I though it was shit, but then I realized it was slut. anyways don't be so paranoid you're still starting out you'll get better in due time.

By the way I heard you're indonesian! haha I'm filipino just sharing hahaha.

D

Deleted member 22014

I'm not really what you could really call good in writing, but just for constructive criticism, you don't have to write everything I go by this quote which says "Less is More" which means you don't have to write every intricate detail in long sentences but rather you could write in a way that is shorter, still visual and more creative way of describing it.

Ex.However, I don't care that much. Under her cold mask, she is horny masochistic s**t. Remembering when she begs while moaning under my crotch really makes my little dragon turn hard. Ahhh ..., I want to spank that butt. Unlike this oriental who tried really hard to get, the one beside her greeted me with too much spirit

The way I could rewrite it.
Though, I don't really care because under that ice cold mask of her's is a horny masochist slut, who moans under my crotch, the thought of it makes the dragon between my legs really hard! Damn... I want to spank that ass.

Unlike this oriental slut who tried really hard to get, the one beside her greeted with too much spirit.

Btw. don't censor words like (s**t) since it could be misleading, I though it was shit, but then I realized it was slut. anyways don't be so paranoid you're still starting out you'll get better in due time.

By the way I heard you're indonesian! haha I'm filipino just sharing hahaha.

Okay, thanks man ..., I take that there are some unnecessary words in the story. I also trying to make it shorter. But when my hands dance on top of the keyboard it just went with the flow and I can't stop it. The temptation to make it uselessly long sentence ...

I better practice this sentence thingies.

And wow, you're from Philipines? Cool! Be safe there ..., It feels suck with this quarantine and virus thing.

D

Deleted member 22388

I understand why you get 1 star
It is solely because you include that religious In your story
One name I encounter:Barzakh

I would be okay if this was different but since its like this... you should know it is inapropriatte.

and or possibly because the names are in Indonesia.
Staaaaaarrrrreeeeeeeee******

Example;
The first time I read Chinese novels, I often dislike the name Xia, Bai, Gong but after consideration my mind became huh I like this name.

Anyways... I will tell and now I've told you.
Goodnight~ well still early aha.

D

Deleted member 22014

I understand why you get 1 star
It is solely because you include that religious In your story
One name I encounter:Barzakh

I would be okay if this was different but since its like this... you should know it is inapropriatte.

and or possibly because the names are in Indonesia.
Staaaaaarrrrreeeeeeeee******

Example;
The first time I read Chinese novels, I often dislike the name Xia, Bai, Gong but after consideration my mind became huh I like this name.

Anyways... I will tell and now I've told you.
Goodnight~ well still early aha.

Wow, this is ..., unexpected.
I see ..., religion is not something that should be messed up with, huh.
His name change after reincarnation, though.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠

Okay I already read some of your chapters. How do I say this? You have a good grasp of English but still needs to improve more. I see potential so don't be disheartened.

I saw 2 main problems as I read through your work. I think this is the major reason why some of your readers give you low ratings.

1. The first one is I can't connect with your story. Don't be offended. I also experienced these criticisms by I learned to strive to improve.:s_wink:

As I read your story, I feel like I'm looking at cardboard characters. I mean - I can't feel them. They lack character! Make your readers show empathy as if they are in the character's shoes. Or at least they are near your characters watching them.

2. Try asking help and proofread your work, as of now I find it really jumpy and hard for my eyes. Not the story, I mean only the flow of words. Try asking a native English speaker or anyone who has a very good grasp of English to look at your work.

Hope this help! Hehe.:blob_highfive:

Anyway, I'm doing this because some friends out here in scribblehub also corrected me. I see myself in you. Haha :blob_evil: :blob_evil:

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
The "let's fuck that arrogant young miss until she begs for mercy" is an automatic turn off for me. Probably should work on your story intro before anything else.
Also I didn't actually read it but if a novel hits the 3.5 star range that means your novel is pissing enough people off to go from simply quitting your novel to leaving a bad rating.
One way you could do it is try and reread your whole novel and come up with a new opinion. As if you just picked up that novel on a whim in a bookstore.
Another way is you could get a friend to read it.

Last edited:

Nanakawaichan

No, I already write three stories but in Bahasa Indonesia. But yes, I guess this is my first English one.
I read your story. You combaning Yu-Gi-Oh with cultivation style novel. But you just need to learn. It's step by step, even a high rating novel has 1* rating on it (you can't make everyone happy.)
My advice:
1.Take a feedback as a lesson, don't hate them and improve. Re-edit your story. Your rating will rise up gradually.
2.If they don't give a feedback. Use poll to engage your readers.
3.I noticed you neglect your readers comments. Don't neglect them! Even they only write 'thx for the chapters'. Reply their comments. 'thx for reading' or 'you are welcome'. Eventually they will change their comments to advice/feedback or sometimes they giving you idea for your next chapter. They're the key to improving your story.
4. Have fun. You have nothing to do in quarantine anyway 😁

I'm also from wattpad, but I feel this platform can give me more feedback than wattpad. You can read my original story from wattpad and compare it with this site version (Dark Moon). Even though the plot is the same but the way I write is different thanks to the reader feedback (you can read there so many complaint on my comments section in this site). After that I re-edit my story twice, then the rating start go up.

Edit: It's your first english story but you get a lot of readers for quite short time and get in the trending a few days ago. You never know how much story that need so much time to reach your current reader number and never reach on trending 😐

Last edited:
if you think you're bad, then you are. i don't think it's really important though.

to me, the most important thing is asking yourself: are you really having fun with the story? if you think it's not worth writing, don't bother with it.

but if it is, you should stick to what you think it's right and pick up the advice that suits you. it is your work, and as the Author, you should have the final say in everything you do, especially since you're not bound by contracts or such like in some commercial shit.

the audience also plays a part. i recommend you to post where you're comfortable with writing whatever you want. there's nothing worse than posting chapters where you felt judged every single time, instead of sharing with warm and caring readers who acknowledge your mistake and tried to
gave you the helping hand. and most importantly, they respect your work and not overstep their bounds.

all in all, i don't think the story's my cup of tea, but there should be others who think it's good enough, to warrant their support.

write on!

Nanakawaichan

if you think you're bad, then you are. i don't think it's really important though.

to me, the most important thing is asking yourself: are you really having fun with the story? if you think it's not worth writing, don't bother with it.

but if it is, you should stick to what you think it's right and pick up the advice that suits you. it is your work, and as the Author, you should have the final say in everything you do, especially since you're not bound by contracts or such like in some commercial shit.

the audience also plays a part. i recommend you to post where you're comfortable with writing whatever you want. there's nothing worse than posting chapters where you felt judged every single time, instead of sharing with warm and caring readers who acknowledge your mistake and tried to
gave you the helping hand. and most importantly, they respect your work and not overstep their bounds.

all in all, i don't think the story's my cup of tea, but there should be others who think it's good enough, to warrant their support.

write on!
SH motivator is here! Go for it @gaylolis

D

Deleted member 22014

write on!

Yes, I definitely enjoy the process!

But really thanks, truly.

I forget that when three years ago I have a mindset of not minding about other people's judgment as long as I enjoy it. Whether my story has a bad rating or not even one reader, I don't need to give too much thought about that.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
That's
Yes, I definitely enjoy the process!

But really thanks, truly.

I forget that when three years ago I have a mindset of not minding about other people's judgment as long as I enjoy it. Whether my story has a bad rating or not even one reader, I don't need to give too much thought about that.
Enjoy, Learn, and Improve. ^^. Treat as if you're learning something new. Step by step, you'll definitely going to enjoy the process. Make it a habit. ^^