Anger!

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I am still angry about the Attack on Titan ending even though it has almost been a year since the manga's ending. Now with the anime ending coming up I still feel just as angry. I loved Eren. He was my personal hero. I grew out my hair to look more like him (actually true not irony). Now every time I see my face in the mirror I cant help but grab it and stare at myself angrily, because I know the truth. All the story elements that fell apart and were never addressed, all the foreshadowing that amounted to nothing, what was it all for? Wwwhhhyyyy!?!?!?!!!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I'm not gonna lie. I lost interest in Attack on Titan after the first few episodes of season 3 so I never watched any more than that. It just seemed like it was heading nowhere and the manga wasn't helping me either. I guess I was right in the end.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I'm not gonna lie. I lost interest in Attack on Titan after the first few episodes of season 3 so I never watched any more than that. It just seemed like it was heading nowhere and the manga wasn't helping me either. I guess I was right in the end.
Season 3 is good though.
I am still angry about mass effect 3 as well.

LimitBound

Saint
I've become so much like Eren Jaeger it's scary.
I wear black cardigans, verbally assault women, and physically assault my friends.
When I look in the mirror, I can't help but say "戦い, 戦い" (which means fight, fight in american.)
I grew my hair out long because I don't care so now I have to wear it in a bun and I don't care what people think so shut fuck up Hange!
I always leave an open wound on my hand, and go out of my way to show it to everyone so they are reminded that I am in control.
When I see dogs being taken on walks I get mad at them for not being free like I am.
I can't have sex with my girlfriend anymore without forcing her to dress up as Mikasa or Historia, both of whom remind me of Armin.
When I order fast food, I refuse to call them french fries and insist on calling them freedom fries.

I just keep moving forward, until my enemies are destroyed.

SuperHeiyan

I am not angry about ending, since I thought show was very overrated from the first season and there is too much of inconsistences and "coincidences", as well as too many unneded drama for me to enjoy.
The only part that really made me angry instead of "are you for real?" is the way they killed of Sasha. And even this only because I played Attack on Titan 2 and she is pretty much MC's waifu.
It's funny how Kitz Weilman was right all along, but everyone disregarded his behaviour as paranoid.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I've become so much like Eren Jaeger it's scary.
I wear black cardigans, verbally assault women, and physically assault my friends.
When I look in the mirror, I can't help but say "戦い, 戦い" (which means fight, fight in american.)
I grew my hair out long because I don't care so now I have to wear it in a bun and I don't care what people think so shut fuck up Hange!
I always leave an open wound on my hand, and go out of my way to show it to everyone so they are reminded that I am in control.
When I see dogs being taken on walks I get mad at them for not being free like I am.
I can't have sex with my girlfriend anymore without forcing her to dress up as Mikasa or Historia, both of whom remind me of Armin.
When I order fast food, I refuse to call them french fries and insist on calling them freedom fries.

I just keep moving forward, until my enemies are destroyed.
Same but unironically, and I also physically assault women(in self defense situations)

Jemini

Same.

To me, it just looked like a fairly basic uninspired battle series that sold itself on the shock-value. I made it just a little further into the series than you, but not by much.

Hearing these complaints, it does not surprise me in the least that a series with all these hall-marks of a train-wreck in the making wound up becoming exactly what I predicted it would be all the way back in season 1.

@everyone who liked Attack on Titan and is mad like this, you will learn what warning signs to look for. Granted, AoT managed to push out more episodes than most before it finally fell apart, but it still had all the hall-marks. The same exact ones that were all over Elfen Leid and Deadman Wonderland.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I never really liked the series to begin with, watched a few episodes and found out it is just not my thing.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Same.

To me, it just looked like a fairly basic uninspired battle series that sold itself on the shock-value. I made it just a little further into the series than you, but not by much.

Hearing these complaints, it does not surprise me in the least that a series with all these hall-marks of a train-wreck in the making wound up becoming exactly what I predicted it would be all the way back in season 1.

@everyone who liked Attack on Titan and is mad like this, you will learn what warning signs to look for. Granted, AoT managed to push out more episodes than most before it finally fell apart, but it still had all the hall-marks. The same exact ones that were all over Elfen Leid and Deadman Wonderland.
Elfen lied is good though
Deadman wonderland is like one of the worst series of all time it isn't a fair comparison.

Mr.Grey-Cat

Deadman wonderland is like one of the worst series of all time it isn't a fair comparison.
well, let's be honest here, AOT ending in such a way is not really that weird, you know? I mean, dude, it was a damn dark fantasy with lots of gothic elements, taking place in a post-apocalyptic world where humans fight titans, a species of supernatural man-eating giants, so how can you miss the clear signs all over the place?

I mean, did you never feel deja-vu when watching the anime? something like why I do this sitting on the edge of my seat reminds me of Death Note, why is all this monster hybrid protagonist give Tokyo Ghoul vibes or something? I mean, what more signs of a bad ending do readers need before understanding it? what, you want something like mind or physical rape like in berserk before you start getting it?

like, dude, if you were to think about calmy for one second you will see it, one of the biggest hints in the whole series.... you curious about it?

well, here is it

3.PNG

I called it, Wikipedia page, and about how you use it, well first you visit google, and....

2.PNG

and here for the gothic element

1.PNG

see? from the beginning you should have checked before you watched the series, cause Tags are not only used for Hentai, but also for Anime.

And well, that's it. Hope you calm down man, maybe try some slice of life? ecchi will do too, but whatever suits you. Just remember next time to check on what you signed Before watching, otherwise....

it will be sad.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
well, let's be honest here, AOT ending in such a way is not really that weird, you know? I mean, dude, it was a damn dark fantasy with lots of gothic elements, taking place in a post-apocalyptic world where humans fight titans, a species of supernatural man-eating giants, so how can you miss the clear signs all over the place?

I mean, did you never feel deja-vu when watching the anime? something like why I do this sitting on the edge of my seat reminds me of Death Note, why is all this monster hybrid protagonist give Tokyo Ghoul vibes or something? I mean, what more signs of a bad ending do readers need before understanding it? what, you want something like mind or physical rape like in berserk before you start getting it?

like, dude, if you were to think about calmy for one second you will see it, one of the biggest hints in the whole series.... you curious about it?

well, here is it

View attachment 11806

I called it, Wikipedia page, and about how you use it, well first you visit google, and....

View attachment 11807

and here for the gothic element

View attachment 11808

see? from the beginning you should have checked before you watched the series, cause Tags are not only used for Hentai, but also for Anime.

And well, that's it. Hope you calm down man, maybe try some slice of life? ecchi will do too, but whatever suits you. Just remember next time to check on what you signed Before watching, otherwise....

it will be sad.
This has to be one of the most out of touch posts I've ever seen.

Mr.Grey-Cat

This has to be one of the most out of touch posts I've ever seen.
No, it's just I hate it when people start whining online about how a good show ended, Even though the ending had many hints.

They just make me angry, with the way they whine and start overexaggerating about their pain and shock when here I am seeing the same show's ending, am proud and happy to have seen something get done in an original way, respectful to all the effort put by the staff behind it, and to all the time I spent watching. I mean, dude, loving a show is not bad, but letting a Show, be it anime, movies, even games or books take over your mind for a whole year is not good, not for your health, but for my mental sanity, cause it's just pitiful when I find those people whining online about something inevitable and obvious like how an anime know for its titans overruning people to Also ends with its people Overrun by those same titans.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
No, it's just I hate it when people start whining online about how a good show ended, Even though the ending had many hints.

They just make me angry, with the way they whine and start overexaggerating about their pain and shock when here I am seeing the same show's ending, am proud and happy to have seen something get done in an original way, respectful to all the effort put by the staff behind it, and to all the time I spent watching. I mean, dude, loving a show is not bad, but letting a Show, be it anime, movies, even games or books take over your mind for a whole year is not good, not for your health, but for my mental sanity, cause it's just pitiful when I find those people whining online about something inevitable and obvious like how an anime know for its titans overruning people to Also ends with its people Overrun by those same titans.
lol

longer

Balls
AOT's ending was quite clearly hinted since the beginning and due to the genre. But it still felt more bumbled than it should have been. Because when Eren has the power to influence the timeline, dude really chose the worst ending.

It would still be thematically correct for Eren to end the series on a happier note. Notice how one of the themes is that breaking the cycle of hate requires people to make difficult decisions, like Gabi. And even if conflict is inevitable, having Eren do something smarter than mass genocide, despite struggling with his personal experiences, would improve the world temporarily. So although the distant conflicts in the future will still happen, Eren can do better than almost causing the apocalypse while simultaneously developing a fanatical militarized faction of Eldians that worship his genocidal actions. Doesn't even need to be that happy of an ending, people should die and Eren should struggle against himself all the way. Because frankly, it would be more inspiring for Eren to struggle against the position the world put him in than succumb to it. He is the protagonist afterall.

Jemini

It makes a good impression the first time through with the emotional impact. Then you start to think about it, and it becomes very hard to watch again.

Basically, the main reason Elfen Leid got away with it's BS is because it had the good sense to end the story quickly before people started to see through the veil. Deadman Wonderland pushed that a little too far, and AoT REALLY went overboard in that department.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
It makes a good impression the first time through with the emotional impact. Then you start to think about it, and it becomes very hard to watch again.

Basically, the main reason Elfen Leid got away with it's BS is because it had the good sense to end the story quickly before people started to see through the veil. Deadman Wonderland pushed that a little too far, and AoT REALLY went overboard in that department.
AoT has general good writing. The main problem is a few bad decisions with the plot.
Elfen Lied has mediocre writing, but it's very entertaining. The plot is actually pretty good and it really pushes the envelope. Plus the manga is excellent and finishes the story nicely.
Deadman Wonderland has actually bad writing. The plot makes no sense. It's filled to the brim with cliche after cliche. And the worst part is there aren't nearly enough entertaining moments to save it. I have never been more angry than when I watched deadman wonderland. It doesn't push the envelope, it just reuses the same old cliche shit we've seen a million times in anime.