Angst tag

Yati

I was surprised to find there wasn't one...

Angst stories are stories focussing on an intense feeling of apprehension, anxiety, or inner turmoil.
I think a lot of teenage romance stories full of self-doubt and stories dealing with themes like suicide will fall under that category.
Currently, I am reading Menchikatsu's My winter with you which is a clear example of the genre.

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
I was surprised to find there wasn't one...
I would rather have it as a warning.
But if you wanna suggest a tag, do define it, and if we find enough stories that can come under that defination; Tony may implement it

Yati

Angst stories are stories focussing on an intense feeling of apprehension, anxiety, or inner turmoil.

I think a lot of teenage romance stories full of self-doubt and stories dealing with themes like suicide will fall under that category.
Currently, I am reading Menchikatsu's My winter with you which is a clear example of the genre.

I added this to the OP..

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
as someone who loves angst yes please

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
There are plenty of stories that need this tag! Please add!!!

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
In theory, the word means:
a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.

but even the dictionary definition has this to add:
INFORMAL
a feeling of persistent worry about something trivial.

So, imagine two high schoolers having a 'misunderstanding' and fretting about how much the person they love more than life itself hates them now. And then the third wheel comes in and brings them back together and they cry and shout about how sorry they are for breaking the precious, precious toy they got out of one of those claw vending machine games from the other. Or you know, something like that.

That's angst (in storytelling).
I don't think Angst should be added as a tag because it's a loaded term. It CAN mean what you defined it as, but it ALSO means 'shitty storytelling for whiny kids'. It's also extremely broad in scope, meaning it covers topics like Suicide, Mental Illness, Depression, Repression, Dysphoria, and a million things besides.

In other words, Angst is usually swapped out for better labels, like the Psychological or Drama genres. Depression and Suicide also already exist as tags, so if there's a subset of Angst you're looking for in particular, you could try asking for tags about those things instead.

...Unless you're specifically looking for whiny teenage angst, in which case- I don't know, maybe create the 'Melodramatic Angst' tag.

MenchiKatsu

I'm surprised there wasn't an angst tag, also. I definitely think this tag deserves to be there moreso than heterochromia.

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I remember seeing a bunch of angst stories on fanfiction.net. I don't use it personally, but I'm surprised it's not here. I think it should be here. Angst stories can be therapeutic for those who seek them.