Another Isekai Topic Question

D.Dimitrov

[Trash Talker]
Well, ideas are easy to have, hard to follow. I see some good advices there and the only thing that I can think of adding is, have you ever thought out of the box?

For example, there are a lot of harem novels with the 'Hero MC that makes his harem and defeats the demon king at the end.'

So, when you see this, you can probably show me a lot of novels with that premise, but if you try to think out of the box, what could that bring you?

The MC finally defeats the demon king and has his own harem, now, a mass spell hits him and his girls, changing their gender. The MC becomes a loli, the girls become guys that are madly in love with him. You can make 1of the gils change to a muscular guy walking with a dress, the other acting like a butler, the third1 to be cold, the fourth childish and so on so forth.

Now there you have a new idea for a good comedy.

So, think about the novels and anime that you know and see if you can make it different, your unique way of showing something that can be similar to other works, but still different. Or just start from a point where few people start, like in the case of the premise I just showed.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Good writers made every scene relevant— foreshadowing, character developments— if a scene is merely fillers then it shouldn't be in the book.

That's just my opinion so we'll agree to disagree.
I dont mean filler. I probably shouldnt have said padding. But i mean a story cant be "we did this and now that happened so we have to go do this to fix it" like barebone you know? You would be making a summary of the story then.

Like i dont mean the scenes cant have aspects that make it develope something. But the exact situation you use to deliver your point...thats what i mean by between A and C. The journey, the progression. Its like when you dont know how to start the scene, or how to make it progress into what you want. And thats just ONE scene/chapter. You have to make it all fit together later too. Foreshadow in particular i feel can be more easily added after the final draft. Once the story is complete i mean. Then you can add more to it.

Also scenes can also just be for fun. I havent often read a story i loved where it was always some important scene going on.

Although you can say almost every scene and inner thought developes character, since they have to react to whatever is happening. And what they think about helps paint a picture of their character tlk.

Shit in a scene doesn't always have to be about foreshadowing or plot progression, but yeah character is gonna be constantly developing.

That aside i normally like filler as long as it is an actual part of the story, and makes sense. None of that naruto filler bullshit tho that doesnt usually have anything to do eith the main story.

Kldran

There's a trick to foreshadowing: Leave red-herring hints all over the place, so you can use them later if you want and pretend that was the plan all along.

Examples: Off-hand mentions of certain people having jobs or activities that are never explained in detail. Having characters that clearly don't like the main character, but aren't talked about enough for the reader to actually know what those people are doing with their time. Heck, you can even have the main character spend time on something without explaining what, to leave it as a hidden thing the main character is preparing that won't be revealed until later. That can be a useful crutch for when you've accidentally written the main character into a dead end and need a way to save them.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
There's a trick to foreshadowing: Leave red-herring hints all over the place, so you can use them later if you want and pretend that was the plan all along.

Examples: Off-hand mentions of certain people having jobs or activities that are never explained in detail. Having characters that clearly don't like the main character, but aren't talked about enough for the reader to actually know what those people are doing with their time. Heck, you can even have the main character spend time on something without explaining what, to leave it as a hidden thing the main character is preparing that won't be revealed until later. That can be a useful crutch for when you've accidentally written the main character into a dead end and need a way to save them.
Honestly, this kind of thing annoys me as a reader, like... If you do it well enough to leave it unnoticeable, then it's fine... But if the MC finds a group that hates them, I wanna know why, and I probably won't forget about it.

If 100 chapters later, the novel ends without this group ever being used, I'll just be like... "But what about those guys?"

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
Honestly, this kind of thing annoys me as a reader, like... If you do it well enough to leave it unnoticeable, then it's fine... But if the MC finds a group that hates them, I wanna know why, and I probably won't forget about it.

If 100 chapters later, the novel ends without this group ever being used, I'll just be like... "But what about those guys?"
Same. Those little things are the reason I become interested in a story. I love to speculate and theorize a lot, so if at the end it doesn't have a payoff, it would be a waste of time. And I would hate the story.

Mejiro

Yup - isekai is basically an excuse to have the MC know nothing about the world, and be spoonfed lore and exposition (and sometimes have something that's normal to them be super-OP in the new world). There's a lot of isekai stories that have very little to do with actually being isekai, and could easily have that removed without changing anything.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Brick jokes trope. Funny and entertaining when used properly. Annoying, otherwise.

In some cultivation web novels, the transmigration/reincarnation motif has no apparent relevance as there are no cheat systems involved, modern world technology does not get imported, and the personality inevitably adjusts to the new world and culture. It seems the only reason for the motif is to establish that the main character used to be chinese.

Unfortunately, when these main characters do not get isekaied, the nationalism usually easily crosses the line and devolves into racism.

They should take a hint from Accelerator. "My being weaker does not make you stronger."

Halversen

Just take a break. Don't force yourself to write a chapter. If you got mind-blocked, so be it. Just relax and you'll certainly get new ideas while on it.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

i've always wondered about those ruffians in the bar and how much shit they're getting after the MC makes his name

like, "OUI JEORGAN YA TWAT THE BOY DID IT HE FACKED THE DEMON KING IN HIS HINES!"

then the whole bar goes, "JEORGAN ATE HIS BOOTIES, JEORGAN ATE HIS BOOTIES, JEORGAN ATE HIS BOOTIES-"

and Jeorgan is just forced to treat the whole bar a half dozen pint per man because he blurted it out. it wasn't even intentional, it was just a silly banter he made to the skinny good looking lad that wandered in one drunken night. who fucken knew he was gonna be the chosen salvation to the land? now Jeorgan gets forced to pay for two whole barrels all because his tongue wasn't kept shut enough.

those poor fucken people

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
i've always wondered about those ruffians in the bar and how much shit they're getting after the MC makes his name

like, "OUI JEORGAN YA TWAT THE BOY DID IT HE FACKED THE DEMON KING IN HIS HINES!"

then the whole bar goes, "JEORGAN ATE HIS BOOTIES, JEORGAN ATE HIS BOOTIES, JEORGAN ATE HIS BOOTIES-"

and Jeorgan is just forced to treat the whole bar a half dozen pint per man because he blurted it out. it wasn't even intentional, it was just a silly banter he made to the skinny good looking lad that wandered in one drunken night. who fucken knew he was gonna be the chosen salvation to the land? now Jeorgan gets forced to pay for two whole barrels all because his tongue wasn't kept shut enough.

those poor fucken people
*rolls laughing* It would be funny to see this kind of thing happening~